copaair737

RE: Older White Women Join Kenya's Sex Tourists

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:10 am

You gotta start Livin man....L I V I N livin!
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

Superfly

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:30 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 45):
BTW, my father was German from a wealthy family, who married an Ecuadorian woman 26 years younger from a very poor family. I have a half brother born the same year as my mother.

Congrats to your father!  Cool
Sounds like he scored and managed to raise a smart and very productive son.

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 46):
I just have a problem with sex tourists in general. Whether it is Amsterdam, Berlin, Kenya, or Thailand, you have to be a fucking loser to pay for sex.

There are alot of guys out there that just don't have the game that you and I do.
I've never had to pay for sex but then again, I am Superfly.  Wink
However, I would never knock those who DO pay for sex. In fact, I have more respect for the sex tourist (male and female) than the couples that go off and get married, go through the motions, support to the whole industry behind marriage (jewlers, wedding planners, tux rentals, florist, caterers, limos and all other D.S. associated with it), than those that end up in divorce and poorly raised children. Most marriages end in divorce and most of the time, the female ends up on the benefitting end.

No matter how you slice it, you're paying for sex, directly or indirectly so it would be foolish for anyone to cast judgment on those who hire prostitutes or boy-toys.

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 45):
What about when you get to be 50?

If I am still single, I won't be looking at 50 year old women that's for sure.
Bring back the Concorde

usflyer msp

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:35 am

The Dominican Republic is really bad about this. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on the timing) I look like I could be Dominican and when I was in Puerto Plata a few years ago I had two 60 yo British ladies tell me I looked like I was a good shag while I was on the beach with a friend. I was shocked! but apparently it is a whole subculture down there -- look up the term "Sanky-Panky"

USFlyer MSP

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:35 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 42):
Who's to say people in Africa and Asia in the sex industry are the same?

Seeing as they're some of the poorest people on earth, I would guess the number of people in the sex industry are more likely to be actually poor there than panhandlers here.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 39):
Hardly. I've read enough of your post over the years to know exactly where you stand on this.

And where do I stand on this?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 39):
What about women who do if for an expensive diamond ring? A big house? A purse?

You're comparing people in abject poverty doing anything to sustain themselves to gold digging spouses?

[Edited 2007-11-30 05:48:02]
E pur si muove -Galileo

TSS

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:30 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 30):
Then why don't the women of New York go to the Appalachian's for some men? It's closer and alot poorer.

Because no amount of money can make up for that nasal accent!  duck 

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 46):
Whether it is Amsterdam, Berlin, Kenya, or Thailand, you have to be a fucking loser to pay for sex.

Let me guess...you're not married, are you?
Whether it's dinner and a movie, $20 on the barrelhead, or a pledge of eternal devotion in sickness and in health, you're gonna pay for sex.

Unless you're a senator in a public restroom...oh wait, he paid pretty dearly for just asking!  duck 
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:58 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 47):
Its probably the oldest job in the world next to farmer or cattle herder.

Or fruit vendor...

Quoting Superfly (Reply 43):
I am glad that women that look like Julia Childs or Margaret Thatcher have a place in this world in which they can still get studly young guys to sleep with them.

Everyone has urges and needs. Some of us have come to grips with reality and know the only way to get any is the international languge of dough ray me. Some of us (as pointed out) will pay one way or another. If it is a cash transaction, we know we will get some. If it is the whole dinner, drinks, movie thing, we are not sure.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 51):
There are alot of guys out there that just don't have the game that you and I do.
I've never had to pay for sex

I have bought a few drinks for a few guys over the years and ended up going home with them. I guess that means I have paid for it. But, if I were a gay version of Superfly.... Big grin
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

mainMAN

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:17 pm

Quoting Queso (Reply 24):
The next thing you know UK men will hook up with sheep!

THAT......is a sensitive issue around these parts. I need love like everybody else.

Superfly

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:18 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 55):
But, if I were a gay version of Superfly....

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 55):
I have bought a few drinks for a few guys over the years and ended up going home with them. I guess that means I have paid for it.

Same here but with women of course. So I guess I have paid for it but indirectly.

Happy birthday by the way!  Cool

Quoting TSS (Reply 54):
Whether it's dinner and a movie, $20 on the barrelhead, or a pledge of eternal devotion in sickness and in health, you're gonna pay for sex.

checkmark 

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 53):
Seeing as they're some of the poorest people on earth, I would guess the number of people in the sex industry are more likely to be actually poor there than panhandlers here.

Not true. These British woman are not going after the malnutrition guys who are starving to death. Those are the ones in abject poverty. There are people that have it much worse of than Kenya such as Chad, Sudan, Sierra Leon, Haiti, North Korea, Central African Republic.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 53):
And where do I stand on this?

You have made it clear that you are against these sort of 'hook-ups'.
Bring back the Concorde

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:41 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 57):
You have made it clear that you are against these sort of 'hook-ups'.

When have I said that?

Not true.

Are you kidding Yeah sure The income disparity between the UK and Kenya is night and day. Period.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Happy birthday by the way!

Ummm... Thanks? Silly me. I thought my birthday was in May.

Same here but with women of course. So I guess I have paid for it but indirectly.

Yes. Everyone has. There is very little difference I see between someone going to a place like Kenya and buying things in exchage for a night of physical pleasure and being in your home country and buying things in exchange for a night of physical pleasure. The biggest difference is the poverty level of the country. There are people in utter poverty and dispair in the U.S. and Canada too. I am angry over the level of poverty in countries like Chad, Sudan, Haiti, etc but the governments don't seem to do anything about it. There are companies that try to distribute food and medicine to the people of these countries. I have heard there are more opportunities in countries like Nigeria, Kenya, Jamaica, and Brazil even with their poverty levels. What I am about to say is not much since I have never been outside the United States or Canada. I have seen TV shows and I have read reports about third world countries. Yet, the people living there that have the basics (food and shelter) are happy. In the U.S. (a "developed" country), some people in the sex industry are just trying to get stuff (iPods, clothes, shelter, food) or drugs for themselves. In places like Kenya and Jamaica, I would think they are doing this to get a better life for their families. That would be an interesting follow-up article: Why are the workers in the third world sex industry doing it? If you want to further another person's life that does not involve prostitution, donate to international charities. Otherwise, as I have said many times before, what goes on between consenting adults is no one else's business.

Superfly

Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:38 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 58):
When have I said that?

Throughout this thread.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 58):
The income disparity between the UK and Kenya is night and day. Period.

No $h!t?  Yeah sure
Everyone knows that.
Also, since when do you have so much compassion for the poor and for Africans? You never seem to pass an opportunity to poke fun of these people.

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 59):
Ummm... Thanks? Silly me. I thought my birthday was in May.

It was your Airliners.net birthday.  Smile

There is very little difference I see between someone going to a place like Kenya and buying things in exchage for a night of physical pleasure and being in your home country and buying things in exchange for a night of physical pleasure.

checkmark 

If you want to further another person's life that does not involve prostitution, donate to international charities. Otherwise, as I have said many times before, what goes on between consenting adults is no one else's business.

checkmark 
Bring back the Concorde

seb146

Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:46 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 60):
It was your Airliners.net birthday.

Ah, yes. That would explain my drunken escapade yesterday. Er.... Ummm... I mean.... Big grin

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:27 pm

Throughout this thread.

Show me.

You never seem to pass an opportunity to poke fun of these people.

Unless you can come up with some evidence to the fact, you are confusing me with someone else.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Superfly

Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:37 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 62):
Show me.

Umm, just about every single post by you in this thread.
You really seem to have a problem with these older British ladies hooking up with these young Kenyan guys. It's really no big deal and the story isn't even news worthy.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 62):
Unless you can come up with some evidence to the fact, you are confusing me with someone else.

Nope.
Bring back the Concorde

captaink

Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:43 pm

Nigeria, Kenya, Jamaica, and Brazil even with their poverty levels.

You made some really good points, but I just have to clarify this one. While Jamaica and Brazil have poverty levels, they aren't in any way comparable to the situations found in Sudan and Haiti. Two horses of different colours. I don't know how else to explain it.
Look Up

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:56 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 63):
You really seem to have a problem with these older British ladies hooking up with these young Kenyan guys.

Well, flying thousands of miles to pay for sex is lame, and ethically questionable. I'm not going to stop them but seriously, lame.

It's really no big deal and the story isn't even news worthy.

Didn't stop you from posting all up and down it Yeah sure. I thought it was interesting, and it certainly explains what I experienced in the Gambia.
Unless you can come up with some evidence to the fact,

Nope.

I suspected as much 

[Edited 2007-12-01 11:59:02]
E pur si muove -Galileo

Superfly

Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:25 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 65):
Well, flying thousands of miles to pay for sex is lame, and ethically questionable. I'm not going to stop them but seriously, lame.

Perhaps but that's not up to you or me to make that judgment. Different strokes for different folks. It's not unethical in any way or form. You're just taking this as an opportunity to poke fun of others who think and do things different than you. Sounds like you are really pissed off about this topic. Seems like these old British ladies and Kenyan guys are having way more fun than you.

Didn't stop you from posting all up and down it

Yep. Mostly to call you out on your stupidity.

Unless you can come up with some evidence to the fact,

Nope.

I suspected as much

Wow, talk about a 9 year old level of debating. Putting words in to people's mouths and pasting quotes that were not answeres to the question asked is certianly lame.
Perhaps you could use a trip to Kenya.  rotfl 

Quoting Captaink (Reply 64):
While Jamaica and Brazil have poverty levels, they aren't in any way comparable to the situations found in Sudan and Haiti. Two horses of different colours.

checkmark 
Now Haiti and Sudan is true poverty and there aren't any 'sex tourist' going to those countries.
Bring back the Concorde

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:36 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 66):
Perhaps but that's not up to you or me to make that judgment

Eh why not? This forum would cease to exist if opinions and judgements were not allowed.

Mostly to call you out on your stupidity

There may be some on this forum that can do that to me. You're not one of them.

Sounds like you are really pissed off about this topic.

You are terrible at reading people. This falls somewhere between Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears lifestyle--something I find occasionally entertaining, mildly reprehensible, and totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Putting words in to people's mouths and pasting quotes that were not answeres to the question asked is certianly lame.

I asked you for evidence to support your accusation and as I predicted, none was forthcoming.

Now Haiti and Sudan

The Sudan's GDP per capita is twice that of Kenya. Haiti's is also about a third greater than Kenya.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Superfly

Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:46 pm

MaverickM11:
Go out and get laid.  Yeah sure
Bring back the Concorde

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 68):
MaverickM11:
Go out and get laid.

Wow, talk about a 9 year old level of debating.

The irony Silly
E pur si muove -Galileo

Superfly

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:35 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 69):
The irony

Weak.
There is a Senator from Idaho waiting for you in the bathroom!  rotfl 
Bring back the Concorde

TSS

Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:50 am

Well, flying thousands of miles to pay for sex is lame, and ethically questionable.

Okay, first we've already established that everyone pays for sex in one way or another, even if it isn't a straight up cash transaction. Secondly, whether or not it's "lame" or "ethically questionable" to fly thousands of miles for sex depends on the quality and quantity of the sex available at the destination versus what's available sex-wise at home. In other words, if it takes hopping on a jet and flying halfway around the world to get your eyes rolled back in your head and your toes curled up just right a few good times, then so be it.

A few times of saying to yourself "Well that was the cost of dinner and a movie utterly wasted!" will make international plane fare in exchange for a sure thing seem like a bargain in comparison.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:40 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 64):
While Jamaica and Brazil have poverty levels, they aren't in any way comparable to the situations found in Sudan and Haiti.

Yes. I have seen pretty bad poverty in Chinatown Vancouver BC but Chinatown Portland or San Francisco is pretty tame. Drug deals and prostitution. The shanty towns in Sao Paulo and Rio are bad from what I have seen. Jamaica is not as bad as Haiti, from what I have seen.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Quoting TSS (Reply 71):
Okay, first we've already established that everyone pays for sex in one way or another, even if it isn't a straight up cash transaction.

I think we've established that everyone that has responded to this thread feels they have paid for sex, which doesn't surprise me for a.net. I can think of numerous instances where I have not paid (or been paid) for sex in any form whatsoever Smile

Quoting TSS (Reply 71):
A few times of saying to yourself "Well that was the cost of dinner and a movie utterly wasted!" will make international plane fare in exchange for a sure thing seem like a bargain in comparison.

I think you're doing something wrong if sex costs you more than an international plane ticket Silly
E pur si muove -Galileo

Superfly

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 73):
I can think of numerous instances where I have not paid (or been paid) for sex in any form whatsoever

Most cases for me.  Smile

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 73):
I think you're doing something wrong if sex costs you more than an international plane ticket

A ticket from Atlanta or Miami to Kingston, Jamaica isn't that high for the fat American chicks that hook up with the Caribbean guys.
For the older British ladies, once they arrive in Kenya their currency is like gold considering the GBP is the most valuable currency in the world and compared to the Kenyan currency?
Bring back the Concorde

Gofly

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:15 pm

So the UK is outsourcing the sexual satisfaction of it's women to Kenya. Damn! The next thing you know UK men will hook up with sheep!

You're way behind the times Queso, that's already captivated certain members of this forum, who come from a country with a little white cross on a blue background...

Wink

-Gofly
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

captaink

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:20 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 72):
The shanty towns in Sao Paulo and Rio are bad from what I have seen.

Yeah some of these countries have terrible distrubution of wealth. Brazil if I am not mistaken somewhere around the richest Latin American country. Even if no, look at Sao Paulo, look at Rio, look at Brasilia, cities that look quite spiffy once side, extremly rich people, but yet many others living in poverty. It was this distribution of wealth that hit me when I first came to Mexico, that stark difference between those who have, and those do not have.
Look Up

BigOrange

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:33 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Thread starter):
When I was on the beach in the Gambia I noticed a *lot* of frumpy white women canoodling with unusually attractive black men. I'm not sayin...I'm just sayin'.

One of them was probably my mother aged 60, who left her 3rd husband for a 20 something Gambian kid!

Quoting BHXFAOTIPYYC (Reply 4):
No, they like your British passport.

Very true for the 20 something Gambian kid mentioned above. He is now the husband of my trollop mother and living and working in the UK.

The next thing you know UK men will hook up with sheep!

I guess Gkirk was one of the first victims  Wink

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:49 am

Quoting BigOrange (Reply 77):
One of them was probably my mother aged 60, who left her 3rd husband for a 20 something Gambian kid!

A lot of them were very attractive so good for her Wink
E pur si muove -Galileo