RJdxer
Topic Author

Rodney King Wounded By Shotgun Blast

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:19 am

Some people just can't stay out of the limelight. Evidently he didn't ask the person who shot him if the "couldn't just all get along"!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5339574.html

"King, 42, was shot two or three times from a distance by birdshot fired from a shotgun. He then bicycled about 1 1/2 miles back to his home in neighboring Rialto and called police. King was hit in the face, arms, back and torso, police said. Authorities said when they arrived at the home, King and others appeared drunk and were largely uncooperative in providing information about the shooting."

Rodney drunk? Say it isn't so! Bicycled? I wonder if he has even a single dime left from his settlement with LA?
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

LAXspotter

RE: Rodney King Wounded By Shotgun Blast

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:25 am

Quoting RJdxer (Thread starter):
Some people just can't stay out of the limelight

besides being uncooperative, he was the victim because he was apparently shot or do you think differently?

What do you mean some people cant be out of the limelight? What happened to him first time around was an illegal beating racially motivated.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

lobster

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:39 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 1):

What do you mean some people cant be out of the limelight? What happened to him first time around was an illegal beating racially motivated.

He's also been arrested a few other times as well. After he got his ass beat. http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/kingarrests.html

Black or white, he's a fucking dumbass and got what he had coming. Too bad whomever shot him this time, wasn't more skilled with a shotgun.

Quoting RJdxer (Thread starter):
Rodney drunk? Say it isn't so! Bicycled? I wonder if he has even a single dime left from his settlement with LA?

Nah, he blew all his money on his record label!  laughing 

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:43 am

Quoting Lobster (Reply 2):
he's a fucking dumbass and got what he had coming

which part did he have coming to him? the beating that the LAPD officers gave him was unwarranted and illegal.

Too bad whomever shot him this time, wasn't more skilled with a shotgun.

Nice, justifying a murder attempt.

RJdxer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:59 am

What happened to him first time around was an illegal beating racially motivated.

Of course, he didn't invite trouble by taking the police on a high speed pursuit, or doing drugs prior to that, or refusing to lay still even when being tased. And of course it was the  devil  that forced him to,
"In 2004, he was ordered to spend 120 days in jail and ordered into treatment after pleading guilty to driving under the influence of the drug PCP after he lost control of his SUV in 2003 and slammed into a power pole in Rialto.". This guy is a walking poster child for how not to act like a responsible adult.

Too bad whomever shot him this time, wasn't more skilled with a shotgun.

Well it was bird shot. Wait, where was the VP that day? Figured I might as well get that in before some  dopey  individual did.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:10 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 4):
. This guy is a walking poster child for how not to act like a responsible adult.

so your are saying it was partially justified that he beaten up in what was a racist beating.

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:32 am

Rodney King is a bum, and it's funny that he blew all his cash. He got his ass kicked by the cops those years ago, still doesn't detract that he's an idiot and a cockroach.
If he wasn't, things like this wouldn't happen, he wouldn't be getting shot at and he wouldn't have a rap sheet as long as the Bay Bridge.
Livin' on Reds, Vitamin C, and Cocaine

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 6):

I wont deny his bad image, his bad behavior, but no matter how horrible of a criminal he may be, no way in hell was such a beating justified.

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:38 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 7):
I wont deny his bad image, his bad behavior, but no matter how horrible of a criminal he may be, no way in hell was such a beating justified.

And how long ago was said beating?
You can't live off that forever. He got his ass kicked by the cops, so do a lot of other people, yet you don't see them on TV all the time either.

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:39 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 8):
yet you don't see them on TV all the time either.

I already stated he has a bad record, no one can deny that but some others were insinuating about how it was "justified" that he got a beating from the cops

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:42 am

If he got killed, it would be no big loss.
You can't say it would, he's a parasite on the underbelly of society.

lobster

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:45 am

but no matter how horrible of a criminal he may be, no way in hell was such a beating justified.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 9):
I already stated he has a bad record, no one can deny that but some others were insinuating about how it was "justified" that he got a beating from the cops

Should he of gotten his ass kicked because he was black? NO

Instead, he should of gotten his ass beat for running from the cops, being drunk, and resisting arrest. Alot more other dumb asses need to get their asses kicked as well. Rodney King is just another low life shitbag.

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:48 am

Quoting Lobster (Reply 11):
Rodney King is just another low life shitbag.

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:48 am

he should of gotten his ass beat for running from the cops, being drunk, and resisting arrest

leems like you got some beef with him. No one can justify a beating from the cops, its ILLEGAL.

Falcon84

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:51 am

wont deny his bad image, his bad behavior, but no matter how horrible of a criminal he may be, no way in hell was such a beating justified.

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 8):
And how long ago was said beating?
You can't live off that forever.

Doesn't matter. It wasn't justified. Or, are you insinuating that he is just a low-life that somehow it was deserved?
Work Right, Fly Hard

Falcon84

Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:58 am

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 18):
Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 16):
Or, are you insinuating that he is just a low-life that somehow it was deserved?

Well he didn't get beat up for being a model citizen

Ah, so it's ok to beat the living daylights out of someone who isn't a model citizen. Copaair737's interpretation of the Bill of Rights, I guess. Who the hell made you judge and jury? Doesn't matter what a citizen is like, when a beating is unjutified, it's unjustified, no matter what. And his was.
Work Right, Fly Hard

LAXspotter

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:01 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 19):
Who the hell made you judge and jury? Doesn't matter what a citizen is like, when a beating is unjutified, it's unjustified, no matter what. And his was.

Thankyou very much.

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 18):
I'd guess that would be across the board, not just selectively.

stick to the point, I already state my position once before in this thread

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:02 am

I guess. Who the hell made you judge and jury?

Nobody. Who made you the judge and jury to say it wasn't ok?

Doesn't matter what a citizen is like, when a beating is unjutified, it's unjustified, no matter what.

The Jury in that case didn't find it unjustified.

And his was.

Sure it was, and people get beat up by cops everyday, however you don't hear about them all over the news either. What makes his case any different?

lobster

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:02 am

Ah, so it's ok to beat the living daylights out of someone who isn't a model citizen. Copaair737's interpretation of the Bill of Rights, I guess. Who the hell made you judge and jury? Doesn't matter what a citizen is like, when a beating is unjutified, it's unjustified, no matter what. And his was.

Oh please, save us the Bill of Rights speech. This guy ran from the cops, was drunk on top of it, and was resisting arrest. I don't care if it was illegal or not, he got what he had coming. And apparently never learned his lesson as he repeated his drug/drunk driving again, only this time crashing into a building. He should of got his ass whopped then too. Thats a big problem with this country is not enough people are getting their asses whopped when need be.

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:03 am

Falcon and LAX,

While driving drunk, had he killed someone in that intoxicated state, say ran over a little kid, or killed a family headed home, would you show him the same sympathy you are showing him now?
He's a scumbag.

[Edited 2007-11-29 21:04:33]

MDorBust

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:52 am

Who wants to take odds that he was engeaged in illegal activities when he was shot?
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

copaair737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:09 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 32):
Who wants to take odds that he was engeaged in illegal activities when he was shot?

As my Grandpa would say, "I guarantee he didn't get shot while he was going to church."

That pretty much says it all.

Nuori5084

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:13 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 32):

By himself and his friends being drunk in public, I think so. Surprise!
Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

RJdxer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:31 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 5):
so your are saying it was partially justified that he beaten up in what was a racist beating.

I don't think race had a whole lot to do with it. It had to do with him taking drugs, involving himself in a high speed chase, fearing going back to prison since he was on parole for robbery, and failing to comply with lawful orders from the police to lie down and put your hands behind your back. Of course none of those things were filmed. Only him resisting arrest as only someone who is high on something, most likely pcp which seems to be his illegal drug of choice, which of course caused him to feel no pain as evidenced by his repeated attempts to stand up and fight, as witnessed in the first part of the video which hardly ever gets shown.

Regardless, the guy is a moron and continues to be a good example to hold up to your children as something not to aspire to being when you grow up.

NorthstarBoy

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:34 am

So, we have Rodney King, your typical piece of innercity criminal trash, who drives away from a traffic stop, because he has a warrant out for his arrest, gets into a high speed chase with the police, endangering the lives of not only the police officers, the guy in the car with him (who, incidentally didnt get the crap beat out out of him because he actually cooperated!) not to mention dozens of other motorists in the parking lot that often is the 405 freeway, gets stopped again, resists arrest and gets a good old fashioned ass kicking from four frustrated, adrenaline pumped police officers who happen to be white. Said ass kicking is captured on video by a "good samaritan" which results in the lives of those police officers basically being ruined, not to mention he got a nice piece of change from the city of Los Angeles, and what's he done with his life since then? has he cleaned up his act? did he use the money to better himself? go to school and get an education so he can stop being trash and start contributing to society? no. 15 or more years after the beating, he's still trash. Apparently the ass kicking didn't teach him a lesson, maybe getting pumped full of birdshot will.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

TheCol

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:04 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 13):
. No one can justify a beating from the cops, its ILLEGAL.

If it's illegal, then why are they issued batons? Are riot police exempt as well?

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 33):

Your grandfather was a wise man.
No matter how random things may appear, there's always a plan.

Superfly

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:23 am

No one ever claimed that Rodney King was a pillar of our society. Regardless of other things that have happened to him, the beating he got in 1991 was ILLEGAL!
The police LIED about the 115 MPH chase. A 1988 Hyundai Excel CAN'T go 115 MPH. That is just 10MPH less than the top speed of a police model Chevrolet Caprice Classic (model driven at that time).

No one has ever claimed that Rodney King was a Saint and yes he should have conducted his life different after the police brutality incident.
Bring back the Concorde

RJdxer
Topic Author

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:23 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 40):
The police LIED about the 115 MPH chase.

Source. On top of that, his beating did not result from the car chase alone but in his refusal to comply with lawful orders issued by a uniformed police officer.

miamiair

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:53 am

The amount of force required to subdue a person high on Angel Dust is extraordinary.

RK is a poster boy for how to flush your life down the crapper.

Maybe someone was trying to do society a favor.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

Superfly

Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 28):
his beating did not result from the car chase alone but in his refusal to comply with lawful orders issued by a uniformed police officer.

Give it a rest James.
Excessive force was used and it was all caught on video.
Bring back the Concorde

airtran737

Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:33 pm

They shouldn't have beaten him. They should have shot him, then there would be onle less piece of low life shit walking the streets of LA.

[Edited 2007-11-30 05:02:39]
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

Queso

Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:56 pm

What happened to him first time around was an illegal beating racially motivated.

No. It was dumbass motivated.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 3):
the beating that the LAPD officers gave him was unwarranted and illegal.

No, it wasn't.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 5):

Not partially, completely. And it wasn't racist.

no way in hell was such a beating justified.

Yes, it was completely justified.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 9):
others were insinuating about how it was "justified" that he got a beating from the cops

Insinuating? No, I am outright saying it. It was justified.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 13):
No one can justify a beating from the cops

Yes, he failed to comply with direct commands from law enforcement officers. He asked.....no.....BEGGED for it.

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 16):
I already state my position once before in this thread

You did? Where?

Exactly.

Falcon84

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:04 pm

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 30):
They shouldn't have beaten him. They should have shot him, then there would be onle less piece of low life shit walking the streets of LA.

So, what's your excuse for still being around then? You obviously are no better than Rodney King, with that kind of arrogant attitude. Why doesn't someone just do the same to you, so we'd be rid of your jackass behavior?
Work Right, Fly Hard

Goldenshield

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:30 pm

Can we have another riot?

Signed,

The city of Watts
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

AGM100

Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:57 pm

Basically he deserved the beating .. IMHO. I know a white guy here in Tucson who got drunk and took the police on a high speed towards Nogales. When they finally caught him , he put up a struggle . They kicked the crap out of this guy , both his eyes were swollen shut and he had torso damage.

In my opinion , If I am a officer chasing someone who is either drunk enough of just plain crazy enough to run and endanger others,, I would be scared. I would worry about what else they are capable of doing when I finally stopped them . I would want to be able to do whatever I had to do to subdue them .. period. If that means beating the crap out of them then thats what it is.

The liberals here in Tucson, have been trying to pass the no chase rule here for a long time. Everytime we have a officer chase situation , the Liberals complain about the endangerment aspect. Some of it may be valid , but what the heck are the cops supposed to do. Basically if you are a person who is willing to run from the cops in your vehicle... what else would you do ?

I was racing on speedway blvd. one night. We ended throwing some bottles at a car next to us and and were getting ready to pull over and fight with the guys. Suddenly a cop pulled up behind us and turns lights on. I pulled over , the other guy did not. We started the fight with these guys , it was all our fault for being idiots. They ran, the cops blew us off and chased them down and arrested them. We drove away , See cops dont like people who are stupid enough to try to run away from them. The cops came back to us and told us to get the hell out of thier and go home.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

airlinelover

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:40 pm

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 6):
Rodney King is a bum, and it's funny that he blew all his cash. He got his ass kicked by the cops those years ago, still doesn't detract that he's an idiot and a cockroach.
If he wasn't, things like this wouldn't happen, he wouldn't be getting shot at and he wouldn't have a rap sheet as long as the Bay Bridge.

Quoting Lobster (Reply 18):
And apparently never learned his lesson as he repeated his drug/drunk driving again, only this time crashing into a building.

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 24):
So, we have Rodney King, your typical piece of innercity criminal trash, who drives away from a traffic stop, because he has a warrant out for his arrest, gets into a high speed chase with the police, endangering the lives of not only the police officers, the guy in the car with him (who, incidentally didnt get the crap beat out out of him because he actually cooperated!) not to mention dozens of other motorists in the parking lot that often is the 405 freeway, gets stopped again, resists arrest and gets a good old fashioned ass kicking from four frustrated, adrenaline pumped police officers who happen to be white. Said ass kicking is captured on video by a "good samaritan" which results in the lives of those police officers basically being ruined, not to mention he got a nice piece of change from the city of Los Angeles, and what's he done with his life since then? has he cleaned up his act? did he use the money to better himself? go to school and get an education so he can stop being trash and start contributing to society? no. 15 or more years after the beating, he's still trash. Apparently the ass kicking didn't teach him a lesson, maybe getting pumped full of birdshot will.

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 28):
RK is a poster boy for how to flush your life down the crapper.

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 10):
If he got killed, it would be no big loss.
You can't say it would, he's a parasite on the underbelly of society.

I think these sum up everything pretty well.. Gee.. I wonder who is paying for him to be in the hospital  sarcastic 
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

miamiair

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:30 pm

Was force required to subdue him?

Yes.

Did they go above and beyond what was necessary?

I believe so.

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 38):
I wonder who is paying for him to be in the hospital

Our tax dollars at work. here in Miami-Dade county there is a half-cent tax to fund the county hospital to cover their losses.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

AGM100

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:42 pm

OH Man, I just watched the vid again on you tube .... The guy just wont stay down. The officer is hitting him in the legs everytime he tries to get up. He just wont stay down. When he lays down they dont hit him ... when he tries to get up they hit him. No problem , remember these officers have to get him in the back of the car ... they want him nice and subdued before they do that.

Here is the bottom line ... dont want to get worked by the cops ? ... dont get up when they tell you to lay down. Got it .. ?
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

airlinelover

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:03 pm

Quoting Miamiair (Reply 43):

Our tax dollars at work.

God what a waste..
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

RJdxer
Topic Author

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:30 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 29):
Give it a rest James.

Where's your source Larry. Where did the police LIE about the car chase?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 29):
Excessive force was used and it was all caught on video.

So was his resisting arrest, but you never see that part anymore because it breaks the story.

Falcon84

Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:44 am

I don't care if it was illegal or not, he got what he had coming.

Ah, so now it's OK for the police to act illegally, as long as someone gets "what he had coming" to him. What a piece of Dark A|ges reasoning that is!

I'll remember that if, someday, you get the shit kicked out of you and it isn't justified.

Thats a big problem with this country is not enough people are getting their asses whopped when need be.

Maybe you need to stand in line, and get your ass kicked, in an over-the-top beating, and see if you sing that same tune. I bet you'd scream bloody hell.

Quoting Copaair737 (Reply 19):
While driving drunk, had he killed someone in that intoxicated state, say ran over a little kid, or killed a family headed home, would you show him the same sympathy you are showing him now?
He's a scumbag.

Didn't happen, did it? So what you say is irrelevant.

And again, at least you guys didn't say "Kill him", but I guess it may be only a matter of time.
Work Right, Fly Hard

lobster

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 50):
Maybe you need to stand in line, and get your ass kicked, in an over-the-top beating, and see if you sing that same tune. I bet you'd scream bloody hell.

Well lets see, I've NEVER
1. beat my wife
2. robbed a store
3.tried to outrun to police
4.resisted arrest
5.driven without a license and no vehicle registration
6.picked up a transvestite prostitute and ran from the cops AGAIN
7.beat my wife a SECOND time
8.Arrested 3 time for DUI
9.Found guilty of hit and run
10.Arrested for beating my daughter and her mother
11.arrested for indecent exposure and use of the hallucinogenic drug PCP

So yeah, he needed, and still needs a good ass whopping. Rodney King is a low life worthless sack of shit. And I find it humorous that all you liberal pussies are sticking up for a guy who beats woman.

Falcon84

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:31 pm

Quoting Lobster (Reply 41):
Rodney King is a low life worthless sack of shit.

And so are those, Lobster, like yourself, who says that someone should get his ass kicked just because he doesn't meet your standards. Welcome to that "pile".
Work Right, Fly Hard