Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Vio
Topic Author

Help - Where To Stay In Stockholm?

Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:43 am

Hey guys,

I'll be in Stockholm on December 29th and staying for three nights. Where should I stay? (Hotel wise) I really want to be in the center of the city near good clubs / pubs / things to do. Money is not an issue, but I'm not going to pay 10000 Euros per night either. I just want to be in a good area.

Also, what would you recommend I do for New Year's? Any good clubs / bars we can go to?

Thanks everyone! Any other advice for doing / seeing / staying... please let me know.

Thanks,

Vio
Calgary, Canada
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

Vio
Topic Author

RE: Help - Where To Stay In Stockholm?

Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:10 pm

Hey Andaman,

Thank you so much for the links. They sure help  Smile

KL642

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:57 am

Vio,
Some years ago I stayed at the Sergel Plaza. It was very comfortable and clean and as I recall centrally located.
Alex

milan320

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:55 pm

Quoting Vio (Thread starter):
Money is not an issue, but I'm not going to pay 10000 Euros per night either.

Or 93,978.00 Swedish Kroner  Smile

If I were you I'd go to Copenhagen instead.

Signed,
People from Skåne  Wink
I accept bribes ... :-)

Alessandro

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:17 pm

Stureplan and Spy Bar is the #1, spot for hi-rollers in Stockholm.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

matt727

Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Quoting Milan320 (Reply 4):
If I were you I'd go to Copenhagen instead.

Signed,
People from Skåne

And Halland  goodvibes 

Vio
Topic Author

Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Quoting Alessandro (Reply 5):
Stureplan and Spy Bar is the #1, spot for hi-rollers in Stockholm.

I was also looking last night to spend New Year at the "Blue Moon Bar". Is it any good? Have you guys been there?

Sukhoi

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:31 pm

If I was going to stay in a hotel in Stockholm I would stay in one of these hotels it´s situated at the Arlanda Express in the city, they also seems to have something going on for New Years Eve. For clubbing go to Stureplan.
http://www.nordiclighthotel.se/en/
http://www.nordicseahotel.se/?MainCatId=21&SubCatId=&LangId=2

JGPH1A

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:44 pm

I'm not going to pay 10000 Euros per night either

Yes you are ! Hotels in Stockholm are viciously expensive.  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Toast

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 9):
I'm not going to pay 10000 Euros per night either

Yes you are ! Hotels in Stockholm are viciously expensive.

yes 

I like Stockholm very much, but it's arguably the world's greatest rip-off. Your hotel costs you like a suite at the Waldorf Astoria, but it's Alcatraz without the guards. Your food costs you as much as a Roman orgy, but it's just herring on toast. The whole city sucks up your money like a hoover, but at the end of the day you realize you're freezing your ass off, sipping weak beer and staring at a seagull shitting on a piece of ice.  Sad

duck 

For the record, I really do like Stockholm but I'd never go there in the winter. Or without a few gazillion kroner on my account.  Smile
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

SDLSimme

Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:07 pm

Quoting Toast (Reply 10):
I like Stockholm very much, but it's arguably the world's greatest rip-off. Your hotel costs you like a suite at the Waldorf Astoria, but it's Alcatraz without the guards. Your food costs you as much as a Roman orgy, but it's just herring on toast. The whole city sucks up your money like a hoover, but at the end of the day you realize you're freezing your ass off, sipping weak beer and staring at a seagull shitting on a piece of ice.

Now, don't scare away our visitors

I don't live in Stockholm, but being the capital of my country, I've been there quite a few times. I have never stayed in a hotel so I can't comment on that, but as Andaman said, Scandic hotels are decent. There is one very close to the central train station, where you probably will be arriving if you come by train, or airport coach/express train. It's a fairly central location, not far away from the city hall, the royal palace or the big shopping street drottninggatan. I can recommend a visit to södermalm. There you can find many nice cafés and restaurants, as well as some nice shopping. Just walking around there is pretty cozy I think.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Stockholm!

Oh, make sure to take full advantage of the few hours of daylight we have during the winter  Smile
A319-A321, A332-A333, RJ85, B733-B738, B743-B744, B752, B762-B764, B772-B773, CRJ200-CRJ700, Dash 8 Q300-Q400, ERJ 145,

Vio
Topic Author

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! The links were great!!!

Quoting Sukhoi (Reply 8):
If I was going to stay in a hotel in Stockholm I would stay in one of these hotels it´s situated at the Arlanda Express in the city, they also seems to have something going on for New Years Eve. For clubbing go to Stureplan.
http://www.nordiclighthotel.se/en/
http://www.nordicseahotel.se/?MainCa...gId=2

Thanks, I'll look into it. That's def. an option.

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 9):
Yes you are ! Hotels in Stockholm are viciously expensive.

Not really. We managed to get the Sheraton waterfront just across the river from the Royal Palace. We booked for 3 nights, but the last one was free. All for 3100 SEK, (about $480USD). That's an awesome deal, considering the location and the type of room.

Quoting Toast (Reply 10):
like Stockholm very much, but it's arguably the world's greatest rip-off. Your hotel costs you like a suite at the Waldorf Astoria, but it's Alcatraz without the guards. Your food costs you as much as a Roman orgy, but it's just herring on toast. The whole city sucks up your money like a hoover, but at the end of the day you realize you're freezing your ass off, sipping weak beer and staring at a seagull shitting on a piece of ice.

Oh, come on...  Wink It's not that bad. I've been there in 1999 and I didn't find it too expensive. Then again, I live in Calgary, and the other day I bought a loaf of bread for $4.75. Damn oil boom!

Quoting Sdlsimme (Reply 11):
There is one very close to the central train station, where you probably will be arriving if you come by train, or airport coach/express train. It's a fairly central location, not far away from the city hall, the royal palace or the big shopping street drottninggatan. I can recommend a visit to södermalm. There you can find many nice cafés and restaurants, as well as some nice shopping. Just walking around there is pretty cozy I think.

You know, we almost booked that one, but ended up with Sheraton. It was cheapper.

Quoting Sdlsimme (Reply 11):
I hope you'll enjoy your stay in Stockholm!

Oh, make sure to take full advantage of the few hours of daylight we have during the winter

Yup, Tack!!! Now we just have to find a cool place to party for New Year's.

Hey thanks again everyone... I really appreciate it!

ogre727

Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:37 pm

I loved Stockholm. I stayed at some floating hotel on the river. I can't remember what it was called, but I remember it was fun since there was a party or something in the boat and all we had to do was exit our room and join.
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea