Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MaidensGator
Topic Author

Man Chugs Liter Of Vodka In Airport Security Line

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:31 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22219861/

He didn't want to waste the vodka so he drank it... Wonder how somebody lives to be 64 if that's all the sense they have....

gigneil

RE: Man Chugs Liter Of Vodka In Airport Security Line

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:35 pm

Did you ever consider that's HOW people live to long years? By growing a pair and not listening to the stupid common thinking?

NS

sh0rtybr0wn

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:36 pm

You have to admire his grit. Its almost performance art. At least he has a story to tell, and he's set the record for chugging in a security line.

AirframeAS

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Quoting Gigneil (Reply 1):
Did you ever consider that's HOW people live to long years?

Is it medically proven that drinking vodka actually increases your living years? I thought it does the opposite and attacks your liver and decreases your living years.

LTU932

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:40 pm

Interesting way of going around the liquid restrictions. Either way, that is indeed a stupid thing to do, I know from a personal experience of sorts. On a schooltrip, a classmate of mine chuged a whole bottle of vodka herself, after having drunk a few beers and a Jägermeister before joining us on the bus, and had to be taken to the hospital later. Her case was a bit worse because the classmates who found her in that state actually tried to hide her condition from the teachers and it took a few hours for them to be caught by the teachers and someone finally called an ambulance. Luckily, she made it and got back to school after a few days of stay in the hospital.

The moral of the story: don't ever EVER chug a whole bottle of vodka down. And with these liquid restrictions, why don't people just store the liquids in their checked luggage when connecting at an EU or US airport, instead of going all this trouble to eventually throw it away somehow?

rdwelch

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:40 pm

I guess he should have had a V8. (At least it would have made a decent sized Bloody Mary)

Gus

aa1818

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:43 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 3):
Is it medically proven that drinking vodka actually increases your living years? I thought it does the opposite and attacks your liver and decreases your living years.

While I believe in moderation, my grandfather will turn 90 later this month, with full mental and physical capacities, and he drinks more champagne than the french can produce...at least 3 quarts a day. I might also add that he does not drink water- he drinks other things, but not water!!

A litre of vodka in a security line at age 64, i'd say that's quite an accomplishment, I thought it was going to be some college student heading home for christmas....it sounds like something my friends and i would do!!!! hehehe

AA1818

broke

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:44 pm

Old saying - "If you're going to be dumb, then you'd better be tough!" Duh!!

AR385

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:11 pm

I'm surprised he is not dead.

CaptOveur

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:18 pm

The last person I encountered who chugged a litter of vodka spent a week in ICU

airfoilsguy

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:37 pm

I didn't know Kroc was 64.  Big grin  duck 

fumanchewd

Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:46 pm

He should have keestered it.

PHLBOS

Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:40 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 4):
And with these liquid restrictions, why don't people just store the liquids in their checked luggage when connecting at an EU or US airport, instead of going all this trouble to eventually throw it away somehow?

My guess (key word: guess) would be the possibility of checked liquids (in glass bottles) of either getting stolen or breakage.

Either way, don't try this at your home airport. Big grin

Sabena332

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:07 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 4):
Either way, that is indeed a stupid thing to do, I know from a personal experience of sorts. On a schooltrip, a classmate of mine chuged a whole bottle of vodka herself, after having drunk a few beers and a Jägermeister before joining us on the bus, and had to be taken to the hospital later.

Sounds familar.  Wink

Approximately 3 months ago I went drinking with my best friend and two other guys we know. All four of us downed a liter bottle of Slivovitz (0.25l each), 32 large bottles of wheat-beer (8 each), and a 12 pack of small 0.02l Jaegermeister bottles (4 each)......the bar bill was a bit high and on the next morning afternoon I woke up - still fully dressed with jacket, etc. - on my friend's couch with a broken wrist, furthermore was the door open and the key was sticking from the outside in the door of his apartment.  rotfl 

Runner up was last Friday, I went drinking with the same friend in Frankfurt. Fellow A.netter MrNiji went with us to the Cocoon Club, we came home at around 3 and MrNiji went to bed while my friend and me decided to drink a few beers more. We did it (+ a few Jaegermeister) and the end of the story was that we took the wrong house entrance when we returned at around 6 AM, MrNiji's key was lost until yesterday (a neighbor found it in his mailbox  Silly ), my friend has a black eye (nobody knows where it comes from) and I had a shitload of credit card receipts in my vallet.  rotfl 

Damned alcohol! Big grin

Patrick <- looks forward to another party on Friday.  Wink

fumanchewd

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:33 pm

It's all fun and games until one of you gets pregnant.

flipdewaf

Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:41 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 15):
It's all fun and games until one of you gets pregnant.

And i Sure don't want to get preggers!

jamotcx

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:25 am

I saw several people with bottles of wine in their carry-on trying to fly home from seville and jerez, all being turned away from security in the past. I have no idea how they thought the liquid rule didn't apply to them when there were posters all over the airports!

When i last entered the US, I forgot to take the amenity kit i just got from UA 1st out my bag and no one even seemed to notice.

i also dont get why I cant as the pilot of the plane take my E45 cream! Maybe I should start refusing to fly on the grounds of my health? (chapped hands). Surely if i wanted to bring a plane down I'd just wait for the captain to go to the toilet?

Jamo

ANCFlyer

Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:33 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 10):
I didn't know Kroc was 64.

rotfl 

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 11):
He should have keestered it.

faint 

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 14):
Sounds familar.

Been there done that have you Patrick?  laughing 

Surprised the guy ain't dead - really . . . of course, if he already had a serious tolerance for the stuff . . .

My father, 81 years old now, can drink that stuff sun up to sun down . . . and in Alaska that means ALL winter 24/7 . . . and seem quite normal . . .

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 14):
MrNiji went to bed

So you're telling me Subin is a slacker, eh? A light weight! Say it ain't so!

aloha73g

Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:17 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 3):

My Grandma (now 83 and in excellent health) drinks a Vodka Tonic EVERY day at "Vodka Time" (5pm Local).

It seems to work for her. My other Grandma (now 92) is also in relatively good health and she doesn't drink alcohol, but will not go to bed unless she has her daily serving of Ice Cream.

Proof, I suppose, that everything is good in moderation.

-Aloha!

csturdiv

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:11 am

My other post in the Aviation forum got deleted, did not realize this was under discussion already (would be nice it before posting the software could tell you if a similar topic is open in another forum).

Anyway...in my post, I mentioned that this guy is a pint or so away from a full liter. Having been through alcohol poisoning (high school years and the culprit other than my own stupidity was a fellow named Jim Beam), it is not a fun experience. I am not sure about him, but I went into an alcohol induced coma and woke up in ICU on a respirator and all kinds of other equipment. Worst part about my situation (other when my parents got me home after my week stay in the hospital) was when they pulled the catheter out.....yeeeeooow!! Still to this day I do not drink the hard stuff, I keep to beer and wine.

Craig

desertjets

Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:46 am

Quoting Aloha73G (Reply 19):
My Grandma (now 83 and in excellent health) drinks a Vodka Tonic EVERY day at "Vodka Time" (5pm Local).

Clearly she was drinking it to prevent malaria... and obviously she never got it.

Speaking of which a vodka tonic sounds pretty good about now.

L-188

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:16 am

Quoting Csturdiv (Reply 20):
Worst part about my situation (other when my parents got me home after my week stay in the hospital) was when they pulled the catheter out.....yeeeeooow!!

That's probably what taught you.

Quoting Sh0rtybr0wn (Reply 2):
You have to admire his grit. Its almost performance art.

Hell it is performance art! Too bad none of the rest of us can say "FU" to the TSA that way.

Reminds me of a story that was in Frank Walton's book about the Black Sheep Squadron. The squadron got a Leave in Sydney between tours. Comming back they had several cases of aussie beer with them. The loadmaster/MP told them they couldn't take it with them......Took about 3 minutes for them to empty the cases and leave the loadmaster with the empties.

Sabena332

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:02 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 17):
So you're telling me Subin is a slacker, eh? A light weight! Say it ain't so!

Subin is excused, he didn't feel good because he had a few drinks on the day before. Big grin

Patrick

cfalk

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:06 pm

The guy must have had some Russian ancestry.  Smile

yowza

Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:24 pm

Gkrik,
just hand over the bottle next time  Smile

YOWza