Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aircatalonia
Topic Author

Rights Regarding Schedule Changes

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:43 pm

I just recieved a notification from the company that I am flying on my Christmas trip, airBaltic, telling me that they had changed the schedule of the only flight of my trip that remained to be changed.

I understand that they need to make changes to their fleet/routes/whatever affecting their flights and for now it had been ok to have the other two flights changed but now this one really messes up my schedule.

The flight was TLL-RIX and was due to arrive at 20h. I can check in at my hostel until 21h but now they want to put me in a plane landing at Riga at 21h15. Besides I am not very happy to have to walk around Riga for the first time in my life at that time in the evening of a probably very cold winter day.

My question is: am I entitled to a refund if they don't agree to put me on an earlier flight? Right now I would just take the money and do Tallinn-Riga by bus.

Thanks

[Edited 2007-12-18 12:45:15]

aircatalonia
Topic Author

RE: Rights Regarding Schedule Changes

Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Oops wrong forum I guess. Moderators can change it.

ANother

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:01 am

Quoting AirCatalonia (Thread starter):

My question is: am I entitled to a refund if they don't agree to put me on an earlier flight?

Read their Conditions of Carriage at http://www.airbaltic.com/public/26540.html and in particular 9.1.2

9.1.2 Before we accept your booking, we or our Authorised Agents will notify you of the scheduled flight time in effect as of that time, and it will be shown on your Ticket. It is possible we may need to change the scheduled flight time subsequent to issuance of your Ticket. If you provide us with contact information, we will endeavour to notify you of any such changes. If, after you purchase your Ticket, we make a significant change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight, which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 10.2.

[...]

10.2 INVOLUNTARY REFUNDS

10.2.1 If we cancel a flight, fail to operate a flight reasonably according to schedule, fail to stop at your destination or Stopover, cause you to miss a connecting flight on which you hold a reservation or make a substitution of the operating Carrier, which has not previously been disclosed and which is not acceptable to you, the amount of the refund shall be:

10.2.1.1 if no portion of the Ticket has been used, an amount equal to the fare paid;

10.2.1.2 if a portion of the Ticket has been used, the refund will be not less than the difference between the fare paid and the applicable fare for travel between the points for which the Ticket has been used.

aircatalonia
Topic Author

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:51 pm

Quoting ANother (Reply 2):

Problem solved now. Thanks!

Dear XXX,
We can offer you morning flight

BT 312 03JAN TLLRIX 0855 0950

Please confirm if you agree to take this flight.

Our aplogoies for inconveniences.

Very efficent people at airBaltic  Smile

[Edited 2007-12-19 04:54:03]