Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fxramper
Topic Author

RE: Blackwater Guard Shoots NYT Office Dog.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:05 pm

Quoting WellHung (Reply 49):
But let's not get too far into the facts...

...or the topic of this thread.

Yeah sure

Your position on this article is well documented sir.

WellHung

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:09 pm

Quoting FXramper (Reply 50):
But let's not get too far into the facts...

...or the topic of this thread.

Your position on this article is well documented sir.

Just curious why you're singling me out...

MDorBust

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:11 pm

Aren't the soldiers trained so they can, you know, protect themselves?

I guess a soldier could have shot the NYT dog.

Of course, the protocols in the field for a journalist are different than the ones used for diplomats visiting news offices. But let's not get too far into the facts...

Unless the US military got rid of their K-9s since last time I was there, there seems to be a pretty common thread here.

NWA742

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:20 pm

It's not even close.

Doesn't need to be.......wasn't meant to be........the point is clear.

If you don't intend to stay on topic, start a thread about personal responsibility.

Personal responsibility has everything to do with this topic - we're arguing over who is personally responsible for the death of that dog.

Why won't you answer the question?

-NWA742

WellHung

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:29 pm

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 53):
we're arguing over who is personally responsible for the death of that dog.

Is it some mystery to who I think is personally responsible for this?

MDorBust

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:31 pm

Quoting WellHung (Reply 54):

Seriously, Karl Rove wasn't even there.

WellHung

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 55):

Seriously, Karl Rove wasn't even there.

NWA742

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 pm

Quoting WellHung (Reply 54):

Certainly isn't a mystery as to who you think is responsible, but regarding valid and logical reasons as to why you think what you do.............not so much the case.

Hmm......perhaps I'll add one more thing to what I said before: we're arguing over who is personally responsible for the death of that dog and why.

Is that better for you?

Still don't think personal responsibility is on topic here? Now that's a mystery!

rotfl 

-NWA742

WellHung

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:06 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 57):
who is personally responsible for the death of that dog and why.

So now, despite all my clear and concise contributions in the thread, you cannot figure out why I think the Blackwater employee(s) are responsible...

Here's the first. For the rest, you're on your own.

Quoting WellHung (Reply 10):
The Blackwater employee should have made sure the area was free of distractions BEFORE letting his animal enter the premises. If he saw another dog, cat, snake or octopus roaming around, he should have told someone to put a leash on it, lock it in a room, whatever, before sweeping the area. Have they no protocol?

NWA742

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:16 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 58):
So now, despite all my clear and concise contributions in the thread, you cannot figure out why I think the Blackwater employee(s) are responsible...

Look I can read your text just fine, but I see the

valid and logical reasons

I requested completely skipped your mind.

Quoting WellHung (Reply 58):
The Blackwater employee should have made sure the area was free of distractions BEFORE letting his animal enter the premises. If he saw another dog, cat, snake or octopus roaming around, he should have told someone to put a leash on it, lock it in a room, whatever, before sweeping the area. Have they no protocol?

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 28):
When you have guests, strangers, contractors, or simply anyone that your pet(s) doesn't know, entering your home, it is your job to secure it properly, not the guest's.

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 40):
Do you also know that when you are a guest, stranger, contractor, or anyone authorized to enter someone else's home, it's common courtesy for them to control and secure anything that might try to harm you?

This was asked to you before - how many times to do you think these bomb-checks using bomb dogs go on? Don't assume that the fucktards who owned the attacking dog weren't aware of the common presence of bomb-sniffing dogs - that's bullshit. Also, don't assume that they weren't contacted by Blackwater informing them of the bomb inspection prior to entering the area.

but what makes you think this was a strange place for them to enter? AGAIN - how many times do you think these security inspections go on?!

And last but not least, the questions you've repeatedly skipped, because they destroy your argument:

Have you ever had anything negative happen in your life that you didn't see coming and were not prepared for, despite knowing that it was possible? We all know the answer is yes - it happens to everybody. And hence, we all want to know why you didn't prepare for and prevent it during that situation? That puts you in the same boat as Blackwater here, you know - you might as well be talking to a mirror with your points against Blackwater

Let's keep this up!

-NWA742

WellHung

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:27 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 59):
valid and logical reasons

I requested completely skipped your mind.

Well, if by 'valid' you mean statements you explicitly agree with, your definition of 'valid' is incorrect.

And if you can't see the logic, then you'll have to look elsewhere for answers...

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 59):
And last but not least, the questions you've repeatedly skipped, because they destroy your argument:

Have you ever had anything negative happen in your life that you didn't see coming and were not prepared for, despite knowing that it was possible? We all know the answer is yes - it happens to everybody. And hence, we all want to know why you didn't prepare for and prevent it during that situation? That puts you in the same boat as Blackwater here, you know - you might as well be talking to a mirror with your points against Blackwater

So you agree that Blackwater could have been prepared for this, but wasn't. That, explicitly, is a failure, whether it happens to everyone, or not.

lobster

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:42 am

Quoting Airfoilsguy (Reply 1):
Sounds like a bunch of crap to me. American soldiers are dying daily in Iraq and NYT is worried about someone shooting a stray dog? These media types are real aholes

checkmark 

Quoting WellHung (Reply 10):

Quoting WellHung (Reply 15):
Shooting animals because you haven't prepared is, at a minimum, a misstep.

Oh for christ sake. Are you serious? Really? For real like?

The guys doing his fricking job when another dog attacks him, he's tries to ward it off, ends up shooting it, and yet its Blackwaters fault? WTF ever.

So by that reasoning, if I take my dog for a walk, another dog runs out and attacks mine, and I hurt it, its MY fault? Because I want' prepared? Umm, OK.

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 17):
Why wasn't the NYT dog on a leash? Why aren't you lashing out at them for that? Oh wait, that won't fit into your anti-Blackwater agenda. I see.

Yup, it's all to convenient for him to blame BW, as the "owners" of the attacking dog simply CAN'T be held responsible.

NWA742

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:42 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 60):
Well, if by 'valid' you mean statements you explicitly agree with, your definition of 'valid' is incorrect.

Mmm not what I meant.

And if you can't see the logic, then you'll have to look elsewhere for answers...

Extremely difficult to see things that don't exist.

So you agree that Blackwater could have been prepared for this, but wasn't. That, explicitly, is a failure, whether it happens to everyone, or not.

Sorry, but getting overly simplistic like this doesn't help you. No, I'm saying there's no logical reason dictating Blackwater should have prepared for a randomly attacking NYT dog. The failure rests on the owner's refusal to control and be responsible for the attacking dog, which ultimately resulted in it's death. Not only that, it's highly likely the owner was very aware of the common security checks going on at that place.

So yes, you can be simplistic and say that both parties' have failures in this case, but then the question begs, which failure was more responsible for the death?

If you still think it was Blackwater, that's fine. Simply proves that peoples' emotions and bias get the best of their heads.

-NWA742