Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Muslims Drinking Copious Amounts Of Alcohol

Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:23 am

So it appears today is the first day of Aid-El-Kebir, a two-day celebration which involves the ritual slaughtering (and eating) of a lamb.

Yesterday I went to Carrefour to get some cakes and drinks. I was very surprised to see that supermarket security was on hand in the drinks section to prevent people from fighting over the last remaining cases of beer/wine, which were rationed at a 24-pack of beer and two bottles of wine per customer.

Hence I am in a Muslim country celebrating a Muslim holiday with fellow Muslims arguing over alcoholic beverages. Bouahahahahahaaaaaaa !

UTA  checkeredflag 

PS: Yes, everyone shall be drunk by noon today
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

MadameConcorde

RE: Muslims Drinking Copious Amounts Of Alcohol

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 am

I wish they would all stop following their religious rules and start drinking alcohol. It would loose them up!  Big grin
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

ME AVN FAN

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:59 am

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Thread starter):
everyone shall be drunk by noon today

-
People apparently are in an urgent need of medicine. Simply regard beer as a medicine for "well being" and wine as medicine for the stomach and the nerves !  rotfl   rotfl 
-

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 1):
start drinking alcohol. It would loose them up

s t a r t ????  Wink  Wink  Wink that start has been ages ago. You certainly are aware that Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt and Lebanon are wine-producers, but also produce beer and liqueurs like the Thibarine ---- and you hardly believe that it just is produced for exportation or for some tourists !

LTU932

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:02 am

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 2):
Simply regard beer as a medicine for "well being"

Beer is not medicine, beer is food.  Wink
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

MadameConcorde

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:08 am

Except for maybe Egypt ( although the place seems to become more radical as the years go by) I have no interest.

I prefer spending my money going to places like Tahiti and other Polynesian islands where I can go un-dressed as much as I like and free rather than having to pitch a tent all over me to hide my body and even my face for some so-called religious convenience.

Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt and Lebanon

There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

Beaucaire

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:13 am

I recall assisting dinners in Damascus,where tons of bottles of Chivas black label covered the tables.
Also Arak (produced in Lebanon,Syria,Turkey )are consumed regularly by locals-
One should stop mixing religion and food - you can have faith and consume alcohol.Christians,Hindus,Taoists,Jews,Muslims all have one thing in common-they believe in a superior energy. Food rules have strictly no impact on your inner faith other than preventing abuse .
In christian churches wine and bread are used to represent the flesh and blood of Christ.Is that in contradiction with faith?
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:13 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 4):
I prefer spending my money going to places like Tahiti and other Polynesian islands where I can go un-dressed as much as I like and free rather than having to pitch a tent all over me to hide my body and even my face for some so-called religious convenience.

Madame, Tunisia is far from being radical. There is topless sunbathing at the prvate pools/beaches of the major hotels, alcohol is readily available and it is even forbidden to cover your face (some women do by this is just tolerated by police, if they ask you to remove your headwear you must comply).

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

MD11Engineer

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:35 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 1):
I wish they would all stop following their religious rules and start drinking alcohol. It would loose them up! Big grin

Maybe they should try the old kiff, it would make them even more relaxed!  Silly

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

ME AVN FAN

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:48 am

Quoting MadameConcorde (Reply 4):
become more radical

None of the countries mentioned was or is radical. Whenever radicals, for instance in Algeria, caused heaps of trouble
-

Arniepie

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Reply 6):
There is topless sunbathing..............................................,alcohol is readily available

Make room, I'm moving in, these reasons combined with the one season (summer) weather sound like heaven to me.
[edit post]

ME AVN FAN

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Quoting ArniePie (Reply 9):
the one season (summer) weather

-
But it in Tunisia between November and February can be rather cold
-
so that some

might be indicated
-
and either as apero or as digestif --- some

ltbewr

Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:57 pm

Many faiths don't have bans as to using alcohol, but do have rules that discourage drunkeness, execessive consumption. In some countries with substantual populations of a faith that discourages alcohol consumption, but were former Euro colonies with cultures of alcohol consumption, like Algeria, then some comprimises must be made. It seems that Algeria has strict controls on purchasing alcohol and is trying to enforce a religious belief limiting availability of product to hold down use. That will usually create many problems as indicated in the inital post.

Beaucaire

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:23 pm

In countries like Turkey ,where moderate alcohol consumption is quite common,there is absolutely no problems with alcohol related traffic,abuse or prohibition.I've rarely seen any Turk who has not been drinking his Raki for appetizer with pistachios..  Wink
Once you forbid things you create a drive to overcome the prohibition..
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:29 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 10):

Today is Dec 17th. I just came back from lunch. Car says 21 degrees C°. Bouahahahaha.

UTA  checkeredflag 

trvyyz

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:32 pm

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Reply 13):
Today is Dec 17th

Are you drunk?

zak

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:43 pm

You certainly are aware that Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt and Lebanon are wine-producers, but also produce beer and liqueurs like the Thibarine ---- and you hardly believe that it just is produced for exportation or for some tourists !

was in morocco in january this year, i met some people who happened to be very hung over from the wedding the night before, i asked them about the religious issue of alcohol consumption and they said it was not a problem, since allah is a good man, they just have to pray more in the next week to make up for it.

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 10):

again in morocco 1 year ago, snow almost all the way down to the cities (tetouan, chefchaoen), i was quite suprised!
10=2

UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:53 pm

Quoting TRVYYZ (Reply 14):
Are you drunk?

No(t yet) but my computer is. Rhaaaaaaa !

UTA  checkeredflag 

ME AVN FAN

Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:16 pm

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Reply 13):
Dec 17th. I just came back from lunch. Car says 21 degrees C°. Bouahahahaha.

I visited Tunis twice in November and it was just some 15 or 16 degrees centigrade
-

Quoting Zak (Reply 15):
snow almost all the way down to the cities (tetouan, chefchaoen),

Cities like Oran, Algiers, Constantine and Annaba regularily get snow in winter, even if not good snow