herctech
Topic Author

Tom Cruise Babbles Like A Narcissitic Maniac

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:03 am

This video is a recruitment video of Tom Cruise speaking about Scientology. it was accidently released to the public a few days ago and has continually been attacked by the COS as propriety rights that should not be seen outside the church. It has been difficult to keep up with in the last few day as the Church of Scientology continually tries to supress it. But after its attempts to remove it from Youtube it has been copied and is still available on other sites.

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ideo-scientology-tried-to-suppress

Tom cruise explains in basics, the ideas of Scientology and why he is a better person than us
Check it out now before the Scientologists force it to be removed
I love the insane laughter later in the video, Kind of creepy, not to mention the fantastic Mission Impossible music that runs through the whole video.

An excellent source for Scientological Info

www.xenu.net/

Some Definitions of some of the phrases and acronyms used by the cruiser in the interview:

*KSW (short for Keeping Scientology Working): A policy written by
Hubbard in the 1960's that requires all Scientologists to follow his
words and his rules exactly.

"Orgs: Orgs is an abbreviation for "organizations" and describes
all churches of Scientology throughout the world.

*David Miscavige: He is the current leader of Scientology.
He's the equivalent of the Pope to the Catholics.

*Out-ethics: any behavior that violates any of Hubbard's
rules of conduct.

*Put ethics in on someone else: make others conform
to Hubbard's rules of behavior.

*Criminon: Scientology front group that tries to recruit through the prisons.

* SP: Suppressive Person. Anyone that doesn't like Scientology and/or criticizes Scientology.

*PTS/SP: another bogus Hubbard term to define behavior that goes
against Scientology rules.

*LRH technology or "tech": all the Scientology policies, rules, mandates, procedures.
Basically everything Hubbard wrote that controls the behavior of Scientologists.

Tom Cruise is our Lord and Saviour

Francoflier

RE: Tom Cruise Babbles Like A Narcissitic Maniac

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:23 am

Quoting HercTech (Thread starter):
*Criminon: Scientology front group that tries to recruit through the prisons.

I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

ZakHH

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:47 am

Interesting and scary stuff. Thanks a lot for sharing. Such insight information is invaluable. Scientology will probably not be able to hide this stuff. I guess too many people may have downloaded it already...  angel 

Thanks a lot, HercTech.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

Kay

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:26 am

that's the downside of being passionate about something. You simply look like a psycho when talking about it.

But, to be passionate about scientology (or any sect for that matter.. or even religion.. not a fan of organized religion myself..), now that's a totally different ball game, and I hope he's been psychoanalyzed and is keeping his pills in check.

All that being said, it is true that he is a bit creepy, perhaps not 100% stable. Maybe that's the effect of being a celebrity.

Perhaps scientology is giving all these stars new challenges that provides them satisfaction when they've had all they ever wanted, bought all they ever needed, and provides them satisfaction that they can't find anymore.

Kay

miamiair

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Watch it while you can.

This guy is a fruit loop.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

EvilForce

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:47 pm

Quote:

Meh. What do you care, and why should I?

His comments are no worse, nor no better than fundamentalist Christians, radical Muslims, or fringe groups like Heavens Gate or the Raelians. *shrug*
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

fumanchewd

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Quoting Kay (Reply 3):
that's the downside of being passionate about something. You simply look like a psycho when talking about it.

With this being the scraps of the interview, I don't see what the big deal is. If he was talking about god, jesus, mohammad, or science everyone would be respectful of his beliefs and know that to call him "creepy" is intolerance. Seriously, just replace his jingoisms with any of the above terms and its the same as any other belief.

I am expecting our normal german group on this thread who think that they have the corner on labeling what is a legitimate religion.

I don't believe in scientology, but I do believe that they have the right to believe in it.

Quoting Francoflier (Reply 1):
User currently offlineFrancoflier From France, joined Oct 2001, 812 posts, RR: 2

What's with you today? That's twice today that you've cracked me up.  Smile
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

767Lover

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Considering the number of traffic accidents in L.A., it's a wonder he has time to make movies.

The guy is a creep. Although he does have a right to say what he wants to say.

He is probably the one actor whose movies I will try to avoid.

And he doesn't even seem "human" in the video---he seems like he's playing a role.

Klaus

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Seriously creepy. Looks like he is heavily on drugs, rambling incoherently.  hypnotized 

I must say I actually thought the background music was added by the people posting the video to mock and parody scientology, but apparently the've actually done it themselves. Goes to show that it's always a mistake to underestimate the creepiness of scientology.  crazy 

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 8):

checkmark 

ZakHH

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 6):
I am expecting our normal german group on this thread who think that they have the corner on labeling what is a legitimate religion.

Sure, why not? After all, a representative of the normal american group who think that they have the corner on labeling what is to be deemed acceptable is already here.

Tom's little movie hit the news here, Spiegel Online features a video report, including excerpts from the interview (to be found here, german only). Will make it more difficult for Scientology to get this off the air.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

lobster

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:42 pm

I didn't know whether to laugh or be frightened.

I like the part about the car accident and "them" being the only ones who can help. Well, me being a paramedic, the next car accident I'm at, I'll stop everything and call up the church of Scientology. Fucking brainwashed retards.

But, I did boycott watching Tom Cruise movies along time ago, and this will only continue that.

EWRCabincrew

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:22 pm

One word: Freak

The video makes it seem like they are resting their continuation of the *cough* religion *cough* on Tom Cruise. Nice way to add to his narcissistic behavior. Hope Joel McHale picks this up for "The Soup".  Smile

The Pope isn't that into the Catholic church the way Tom Cruise is into Scientology.

Cements my decision to never see any of his movies again. Never been a big fan of Hollywood to begin to start.
You can't cure stupid

dl021

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Downright scary....."you know when you pass a car accident that you're the only one who can help".....

"none of them talks to ME that way"

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 8):

I made that decision a while back, and it sort of sucks because I've enjoyed Travoltas films....but I hate the idea of sending money to Scientology which is exactly what you're doing seeing one of their films in the theater.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

lobster

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Well, heres a list of all the psycho Hollywood people that are into Scientology

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famous_Scientologists

EWRCabincrew

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Quoting Lobster (Reply 14):

Funny that Wiki has only actors and musicians on this list, well, a least a majority.

I also find it interesting (for lack of a better word) that Scientology has a 'Celebrity Centre'. Apparently the 'upper echelon' don't mingle with the plebs.  Yeah sure
You can't cure stupid

dl021

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:29 pm

If the list was from someplace more trustworthy than Wikipedia I'd possibly be forced to stop watching movies altogether.

Wink
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

EWRCabincrew

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 16):
If the list was from someplace more trustworthy than Wikipedia I'd possibly be forced to stop watching movies altogether.

Anne Archer - http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/a/anne-archer.html

Jennifer Aspen - http://www.truthaboutscientology.com...tats/by-name/j/jennifer-aspen.html

Hell, anyone on that Wiki list is here on the www.truthaboutscientology.com website. Go to any of the either above sites and search by the letter of the first name of the person in question. Scroll down to the name and click on it. How is that for trustworthy? Seems like we won't be seeing the same movies.  Smile
You can't cure stupid

808TWA

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:45 pm

This thread will likely be locked or removed, once Tom Cruise complains to one of the mods. After all, isn't he an A.net member??

Big grin  Big grin
Love is in the air, so practice safe flying

ltbewr

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:48 pm

I saw a few bits of this and to me it was boring and pointless. A terrible acting job by Tom Cruise. Guess he needed a script. This and other beheavors by him in recent years (as well as getting older and some bad films) cannot help his career.
To me Scientolgy seems to appeal to those with weak personalities, problems with religious backgrounds and/or feel their traditional faith have failed them in getting to their career or personal goals. It seems to protray itself, like many other faiths, as the one true way to health and happiness and perhaps a short cut to 'happiness'. Scientologists seems to say 'we can fix you and make you better, if you believe in our therapy and give us some money'. This may explain why it attracts actors and musicans, fields that are extremely comptitive and some are looking for that secret that will lead to professional success and material wealth. Of course, some traditional faiths say the same thing, but not as extreme and with such non-Bibilcal views. To me it is a faith for those who don't want to believe in traditional faiths due to their serious ethical and historical issues.
Maybe they need to recruit Brittany Spears. She could keep their staff in LA busy for years.

By the way, a major facility of Scietology in NY City (off 5th Ave in the 40's) was formarlly owned by the Rev. Moon's Unification Church. Interesting conincidence....

GDB

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:52 pm

If a child of say, 10-11, believed all this stuff, you'd think, 'I hope he/she soon grows out of all this'.
Then again, many top movie stars are in a state of arrested development.

EWRCabincrew

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 19):
This may explain why it attracts actors and musicans, fields that are extremely comptitive and some are looking for that secret that will lead to professional success and material wealth.

The funny thing is that they are only as good as their last movie/album (whatever). They can be as competitive as they want, but if no one buys their stuff, then where are they? That is the secret, not how much they can funnel into a cult.
You can't cure stupid

miamiair

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Quoting 808TWA (Reply 18):
This thread will likely be locked or removed, once Tom Cruise complains to one of the mods. After all, isn't he an A.net member??

I was thinking the same thing. Now we'll all get harassed and have Xenu tossed in our shorts.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

halls120

Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:25 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 9):
I must say I actually thought the background music was added by the people posting the video to mock and parody scientology, but apparently the've actually done it themselves. Goes to show that it's always a mistake to underestimate the creepiness of scientology.

I had the same impression about the music. Very creepy indeed.

Quoting Lobster (Reply 14):

That list does explain a lot!
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:41 am

Quoting 808TWA (Reply 18):

You're thinking of John Travolta.

I wonder if Dement Media has as cult members on its staff.  scratchchin 
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

herctech
Topic Author

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:01 am

Another few interesting videos showed up here on gawker.com

http://gawker.com/345563/tom-cruise-...t-the-freedom-medal-award-ceremony

Apparently Tom Cruise saved many 9/11 firefighters, and won the COS Freedom Medal Of Valor for his "success" in destroying the field of psychiatry.

diamond

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:25 am

Quoting Kay (Reply 3):
and I hope he's been psychoanalyzed and is keeping his pills in check.

He believes that psychology/psychiatry is a myth, as it exists in society. He believes that psychotropic medications are poison.

He's a really angry guy with so many issues of his own that he's trying to mask with his 'passion' it's scary.

Anyway, here are some links to 3 separate videos on the subject:

http://www.youshare.com/view.php?file=2004_IAS_part_5_CROP1.flv

http://www.youshare.com/view.php?file=2004_IAS_part_3_CROP1.flv

http://www.youshare.com/view.php?file=Cruise_Scientology.flv

You'll notice they use Mission Impossible music at several points.
Blank.

TheRedBaron

Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:58 am

Quoting Lobster (Reply 11):
I like the part about the car accident and "them" being the only ones who can help. Well, me being a paramedic, the next car accident I'm at, I'll stop everything and call up the church of Scientology. Fucking brainwashed retards.

Timeless Post!

The guy is an Oxigen thief and when I saw the video I kept thinking..

JERRY MCGWIRE SELLING RELIGION.

P.D. His laughing spells are downright scary, me having a Phd in Psychology have seen this kind of maniac thinking course many times in hospitals....
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

oldeuropean

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:11 am

No suprise. Scientology is a facist organisation. Their goal is simply the abolishment of democracy and to get global dominance. The psycho bullshit is just their way to control and to wind up idiots.

Axel
Wer nichts weiss muss alles glauben

Francoflier

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:24 am

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 6):
What's with you today? That's twice today that you've cracked me up.

Sorry, I'll be careful next time...

Quoting Oldeuropean (Reply 27):
Scientology is a facist organisation. Their goal is simply the abolishment of democracy and to get global dominance. The psycho bullshit is just their way to control and to wind up idiots.

I though the facist/democracy abolishment/global dominance thing was what they chatted up the idiots to join with, and the real goal was for that Guru guy to strip all those idiots of their money? (which is what they deserve anyway)
 Big grin
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

EvilForce

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:30 am

Their goal is simply the abolishment of democracy and to get global dominance. The psycho bullshit is just their way to control and to wind up idiots.

As opposed to the fundamentalist Christians???

Tomato / Tomatoe
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

LAXspotter

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:56 am

I noticed Germans especially have a very negative view on Scientology, why is that? I dont hear as much negativity about the cult/religion out here? I dont know too much about Scientology as it isnt one of the major religions, but the beliefs/ stories sound rather illogical and funny as in all religions
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

oldeuropean

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:01 am

Quoting Francoflier (Reply 28):
and the real goal was for that Guru guy to strip all those idiots of their money? (which is what they deserve anyway)

I think that applies more to Travollta.

In this case I can imagine that Cruise beliefs the bullshit. Wasn't he a weirdo before he came to Scientology?  Big grin

Axel

oldeuropean

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:04 am

Quoting EvilForce (Reply 29):
As opposed to the fundamentalist Christians???

No, like the fundamentalists of nearly every religion, indeed not.  Smile

Axel

Klaus

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:42 am

Quoting LAXspotter (Reply 30):
I noticed Germans especially have a very negative view on Scientology, why is that?

We've already had fascism once. We know the signs when we see them.

kalakaua

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:52 am

Quoting Klaus (Reply 8):
Seriously creepy. Looks like he is heavily on drugs, rambling incoherently.

He is not taking any drugs, for which he should be on...  crazy   spin 
Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion.

L410Turbolet

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Scientology is a facist organisation. Their goal is simply the abolishment of democracy and to get global dominance. The psycho bullshit is just their way to control and to wind up idiots.

Not just Scientology, many other religions as well. Why single ot just them? I can think of at least one you-know-which religion which ultimate goal is global dominance and which is far more likely to actually achieve it (unlike some for-profit obscure group of lunatics).

bill142

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Tom Cruise, please fill a back pack with explosives and get on a Baghdad bus and detonate it so you can get to that imaginary space ship in the sky. I'm sure the world will treat those innocent lives lost as martyrs for you reaching that imaginary space ship in the sky. L Ron is waiting for you Tom, waiting for you to be his lap dog.

Quoting Kay (Reply 3):
and I hope he's been psychoanalyzed and is keeping his pills in check.

Well Scientologits don't believe in psychology so good luck with that.

Francoflier

Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:00 pm

Quoting Bill142 (Reply 36):
Well Scientologits don't believe in psychology so good luck with that.

They don't believe in the one thing that might make them realize how gullible and how so badly buttpenetrated they have been?
Gee, how predictable...

zTagged

Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:09 pm

All religions have their share of, uh, colorful characters. Tom Cruise is just a more mentally disturbed one.  biggrin 
Something awful.

GDB

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:59 pm

This always world wearily sarcastic column has it down right I think;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2242908,00.html

[Edited 2008-01-18 11:37:57]

IFEMaster

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Errr...that's because he IS a narcissistic maniac.

Sincerely,

IFEMaster, your friendly neighbourhood PTS/SP.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

Banco

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:23 pm

It does amuse me though when you get adherents of other religions with equally preposterous precepts who sneer at something like scientology. I mean, at least they accept the world is more than 4,000 years old!
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

Dougloid

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Quoting Klaus (Reply 8):
Seriously creepy. Looks like he is heavily on drugs, rambling incoherently.

I must say I actually thought the background music was added by the people posting the video to mock and parody scientology, but apparently the've actually done it themselves. Goes to show that it's always a mistake to underestimate the creepiness of scientology.

Tom Cruise is a freak. They haven't strayed far from their roots, as anyone who's read L. Ron Hubbard's creepy stinky science fiction can tell you. Some shit never changes.

The scientologists been trying to mainstream for decades, but what's stopped that is that to be a part of it you have to be a fucking squirrel and one with a lot of paranoia and hostility too. One of my old girlfriends was married to a guy who was into that shit and I guess he's cooped up in that tower they have in Los Angeles with everyone running around in sailor suits-Sea Service, they call it.

Back in the day they had an 'enemies' list of people who were thought to have dissed scientology and who were going to get some serious payback...I remember hearing a story about one guy named Brent who went to the junior college I attended. Last time he was seen he was walking around the subway babbling about how Scientology was letting him get high without drugs. One of my old buddies named Lea Adams supposedly was on the enemies list.

All kidding aside, what I found was that Tom Cruise is so inarticulate as to be laughable. He can't seem to hold a thought for more than ten seconds. Early onset Alzheimers' anyone? I was thinking, "jeez, Tommo, scientology's been around since the fifties-how come the world isn't any better and arguably worse if you guys have the fix?"

His 'Tom Cruise, rescuer of trapped car accident victims' schtick is getting lambasted all over the blogosphere....

The internet is good for something else besides porn, as we now see. It is a superb medium for exposing fools and charlatans with the odd knave thrown in for measure.

http://www.mamapop.com/mamapop/2008/01/tom-cruise-comi.html
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

LMP737

Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:46 am

Quoting Dougloid (Reply 42):
All kidding aside, what I found was that Tom Cruise is so inarticulate as to be laughable. He can't seem to hold a thought for more than ten seconds. Early onset Alzheimers' anyone? I was thinking, "jeez, Tommo, scientology's been around since the fifties-how come the world isn't any better and arguably worse if you guys have the fix?"

It's almost as if he has ADD mixed in with a little manic/depression.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

Kieron747

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:50 am

What a fracking tool!

I love the insane laughter later in the video, Kind of creepy,

The laugh and face reminds me of Jack Nicholson in The Shining!

I watched the entire video.

Jees!

By the way, Nice double chin Tom!

K
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

A332

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:27 am

To think, we lost John Ritter far too soon... if only it was this jackass.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

Dougloid

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:01 pm

Quoting LMP737 (Reply 43):
It's almost as if he has ADD mixed in with a little manic/depression.

It seems all that stuff came from the Scientology awards ceremony, which is what they have for people like Travolta, Alley and Cruise a/k/a Mapother.

One of the news shows ran some video from awards ceremony and the set they used looked like something out of an early Dr. Who episode...really cheesy. I was wondering when the Daleks would wander in.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

JeffSFO

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:25 pm

The Scientologists are a scary bunch. Check out this episode of the BBC documentary program, Panorama:

The reporter is followed, harassed and even yelled at numerous times by none other than Anne Archer's son, Tommy, who's some kind of information officer for the COS. What a bunch of loons.

Stretch 8

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:56 pm

Isn't Travolta in this cult as well? At least he keeps his mouth shut, and we all like him for the Qantas B-707 he owns.

Cruise is a whackjob, plain and simple. His career is over.
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

oldeuropean

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:52 am

Scientology is a facist organisation.

Quoting Klaus (Reply 33):
We know the signs when we see them.

The in Germany well known historian Guido Knopp sees much similarities between Cruise in the video and reasonings of the agitator of the Nazis Goebbels.

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/gesellschaft/0,1518,529721,00.html
(sorry only in German)

Axel