Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

JGPH1A
Topic Author

Where/how To Post Videos

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 pm

I want to post some videos in a TR, but I don't know how or where - I tried YouChoob but it seems the one video is too big. Alternatively, how do I shorten the video so it fits ? I speak as one utterly clueless in the ways of the digital age. Any assistance from the YouChoob generation would be most welcome.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

MYT332

RE: Where/how To Post Videos

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:08 pm

How big is the file? You could try importing it into Windows Movie Maker and then saving it as a .wmv file at a lower quality then trying youtube again?
One Life, Live it.

zak

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:10 pm

try stage6.com
the only limit is it must not be bigger than 2gb, since they want to remain compatible with clients who run on fat32 filesystems.
quality can be up to 1920*1080 (yes full hd)
10=2

trvyyz

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:11 pm

The easiest is to use windows movie maker thet comes with XP or vista. It can shorten, add title, audio etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Movie_Maker

JGPH1A
Topic Author

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:23 pm

Quoting TRVYYZ (Reply 3):
The easiest is to use windows movie maker thet comes with XP or vista.

I tried that, but these files are *.MOV files, which it doesn't seem to like. Can I just change them to some other file type, or do I need to convert them somehow ?
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

MYT332

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 4):
I tried that, but these files are *.MOV files,

Well either do what Zak says or you can beg me for a Quicktime Pro key so you can convert your .Mov to .Avi and then import it into WMM and export it as a .WMV.  Wink
One Life, Live it.

aloges

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:46 pm

For the little bit of basic video transcoding I've done (.flv from YouTube to .avi and .3gp from a phone to .avi for example) so far, I've used SUPER which is freeware and good enough for my needs. It is a bit fiddly and you need to try out and tweak different settings before you get a result and it will take a while to load (don't panic), but for me, all of that is better than paying a lump of money for software that I rarely use.

You can download it here from the website of Chip, a German computer magazine. Click on "Zum Download" and then on "Download-Server CHIP Online".
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Go3Team

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:09 pm

Google Vids accept or did accept videos that were larger than the ones Youtube accepted. I have one up there that's pretty big. Or you can send it to me and I'll host it.
Yay Pudding!

zak

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:21 pm

i dont understand all the compromises people want to do in regard to quality AND simplicity when a working solution exists AND even allows unlimited sharing without digital rights management and other things  Wink
10=2

jamesbuk

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:56 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 4):

When youve finished your video - click "Save to my computer" it the changes the format into WMV and also you can choose how much file space for it to take up.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!