AFKLMLHLX
Topic Author

America Vs. Western World

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:16 am

I for one, do not like America. I do not like the strip malls, the housing developments, lack of culture, lack of education, lack of tolerance, gross over importance on sports, how video games are teens favorite past times and how an average American family barely sits down to dinner together and most of the time has domino's pizza when that happens and if that happens, they can barely engage in intelligent discussion. These steriotypes are all so ture about America, I live here, and almost all of the people I know fit in. So I am wondering, do you all agree with me that America is failing? In Europe, you have the best of both worlds, culture, social stigma, family values, nice architecture history and you also have freedom. You have nice houses (my nice is different than the American concept of nice- I like the Bronx ghetto beter than Parsippany, a boring cookie-cutter suburb in NJ), educated people, different languages, great gastronomy and many more aspects, and I love watching European news, it is so much more engaging than CNN. So, what are your oppinions about this?

AirCop

RE: America Vs. Western World

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:31 am

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Thread starter):
I for one, do not like America.

Remember to turn off the lights when you leave..

ShyFlyer

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:42 am

In Europe, you have the best of both worlds, culture, social stigma, family values, nice architecture history and you also have freedom. You have nice houses (my nice is different than the American concept of nice- I like the Bronx ghetto beter than Parsippany, a boring cookie-cutter suburb in NJ), educated people, different languages, great gastronomy and many more aspects

You can find these things anywhere. They are not exclusive to Europe.

So, what are your oppinions about this?

I think that for someone so young, you are filled with way too much hate, and it has blinded you.
I lift things up and put them down.

ONTFlyer

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:42 am

Then get the f*ck out of my country!

Quoting AirCop (Reply 1):

checkmark  Kids nowadays...
Doin' just fine thanks...

767Lover

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:46 am

I think you are between the ages of 16-20 and your view of things is limited to living in NJ and watching the news.

AFKLMLHLX
Topic Author

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:46 am

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 2):
you are filled with way too much hate, and it has blinded you.

That is why I hate America! Because everyone is blind! A girl today did not know what Rio de Janeiro was. I am filled with hate because some to most of the people around me make me feel this way. I feel opressed in this nation, and I can't get out and I am stuck here for four years and it is hard to be surrounded by people like the ones America produces.

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 4):
I think you are between the ages of 16-20 and your view of things is limited to living in NJ and watching the news.

Again, no. If anything, I am extremely open! I am arguing about the fact that America is not open. And as I see, all Americans are answering! And, I am not limited to watching the news. I learn through the internet, the tv, talking to people, visitng places and being awake in the world, which other teenagers are not! When I said I was planning on learning french outside of school one person in my class shouts, "Ewwww".

[Edited 2008-01-23 18:49:01]

Jalto27R

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:48 am

Sweet. Let's continue to improperly educate our children, ridicule them when they point out the obvious, and spend trillions of dollars to send them into unnecessary wars so they can die for "country". And people wonder why the young vote is finally starting to come out. The current leading generation is doing a bang-up job of screwing over the next one. Please, just yell at me now and leave my generation to clean up your mess when you're dead.

[Edited 2008-01-23 18:51:31]

767Lover

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:52 am

Well, if you start saving your pennies perhaps you can go to school abroad.

AirTranTUS

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:52 am

gross over importance on sports

You think we are the only ones? Wow, too funny.
I love ASO!

ShyFlyer

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:59 am

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Reply 5):
Because everyone is blind!

Everyone but you I suppose?

I am filled with hate because some to most of the people around me make me feel this way.

I've come across some very stupid people as well. But they don't dictate how I feel about a certain country.
I lift things up and put them down.

catsfan

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 am

and I love watching European news, it is so much more engaging than CNN. So, what are your oppinions about this?

Last time I checked, CNN isn't the only news station in the United States.

Yeah...cause sports are NOT important in Europe. David Beckham comes to mind.

You talk about educated....try spell check next time.
I gotta have more cowbell!

vikkyvik

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:18 am

I am filled with hate because some to most of the people around me make me feel this way.

Nope, not a chance.

You're filled with hate because you choose to be filled with hate. Nothing more, nothing less.

No one else can actually MAKE you feel a certain way.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

PPVRA

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:21 am

If you live in the suburbs I can't blame you. I am not a suburbs person either.

Maybe try moving closer to a city center?
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

PacNWjet

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:25 am

I do not like the strip malls

There are strip malls in Canada.

the housing developments

There are housing developments in Spain.

lack of culture

Hyperbole.

lack of education

More hyperbole.

lack of tolerance

People are intolerant in France.

Soccer is a religion in Brazil.

how video games are teens favorite past times

Video games are teens' favorite pastime in South Korea.

how an average American family barely sits down to dinner together and most of the time has domino's pizza when that happens and if that happens

This is a gross exaggeration.

These steriotypes are all so ture about America, I live here, and almost all of the people I know fit in.

Yeah, but you are only 16-20 years old so you don't know that wide a range of people.

So I am wondering, do you all agree with me that America is failing?

Do we all agree with you? Do all a.netters agree on anything? Why would this be the one thing in which everyone would be in agreement?

In Europe, you have the best of both worlds, culture, social stigma, family values, nice architecture history and you also have freedom. You have nice houses (my nice is different than the American concept of nice- I like the Bronx ghetto beter than Parsippany, a boring cookie-cutter suburb in NJ), educated people, different languages, great gastronomy and many more aspect

The United States has none of these things? None? Not in any quantity at all? Really?

Um, I think my opinion is that you have a pretty limited view of the world. Satisfied?

DfwRevolution

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:27 am

I do not like the lack of education,

These steriotypes are all so ture about America, I live here, and almost all of the people I know fit in.

Indeed...

gross over importance on sports,

Compared to say, Europe where people die in fist-fights and riots over a their team events?

Not at all. Everyone has things they dislike about their homes. There's a few things I might run for office to change some day if I'm successful in my career, but keep things in perspective. America is not failing by any definition of the word. There is a constant stream of bad news about this and that going in the crapper. But if you filter through it, you will realize what an amazing society we really do have.

In Europe, you have the best of both worlds, culture, social stigma, family values, nice architecture history and you also have freedom. So, what are your oppinions about this?

And one of the great things about being in American is that you have the choice to be an American or not. You can certainly choose to live abroad or even renounce your citizenship for another. If that is what makes you happy, I don't see anything shameful or unpatriotic about it.

Free societies should be a cultural market where you choose to live in the place you like best. Immigration law makes this a bit bureaucratic, but it's certainly doable.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

MaidensGator

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:29 am

lack of education

Education includes spelling...

These steriotypes are all so ture

I feel opressed in this nation

Quoting CATSFAN (Reply 10):

checkmark 
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Klaus

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:33 am

Yeah...cause sports are NOT important in Europe. David Beckham comes to mind.

David who...?  mischievous 

But seriously - AFKLMLHLX is not the first and certainly won't be the last to be frustrated about the circumstances he's growing up in. And of course frustrations about the respective status quo exist over on my side of the Atlantic as well.

That said, such complaints often have a point, and feeling an urge to improve things can be the first step to a change of the status quo (again regardless of where one happens to come from).

I know how it feels, but I also know that it's just a part of the whole picture. I have not been shy about criticizing certain aspects of US society and especially policies; But at the same time from my experience the USA is also a wonderful place with many great people. No need to get chauvinistic (that's a rather unattractive trait wherever you go), but there is plenty to feel good about as well - even if at a certain point in time there may appear to be a need for change in some respects.

Nothing wrong about any side of the equation. And no need to get too defensive either...!

AFKLMLHLX
Topic Author

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:39 am

Sorry, I actually have very good spelling and grammar, but I was typing voraciously.

Andrn

Quoting PacNWJet (Reply 13):

, intolerance in France is ofrnAmericans and people who are uncultured, which I also as well havernintolerance too. And, it is kind of funny you mention how soccer isrnreligion in Brazil because I once mentioned that on an essay about howrnsports are too over-emphasized in America. Yes, soccer is religionrnthere, but it is in a different way. Soccer there is more about seeingrnthe game with friends and celebrating, in America, sports are just concideredrnself image boosters, and at least in Brazil, people will not ridiculernyou for not playing sports, as with the rest of the world. In America,rnpeople make fun of you for not playing sports. It is ridiculous. And,rnthe housing developments in Spain, are much different than therndevelopments in the states. Atleastrnin Spain, they contain urban qualities, in America, it is justrncookie-cutter houses. I have been to all of the places you mentionrnbesides South Korea, and even in South Korea, just knowing about therncountry and watching Anthony Bordain,rnthey have so much culture there and all of the things you mentioned arernin some countries but are done in different contexts. People who livernin Seoul also appreciate food and honor their family. Yes, S Korea is arnvery modern, prosperous country and video games are a big thing amongrnyouths, but atleastrnthey are doing it in a different setting. In America, kids sit in theirrnbasement all day in the middle of their tract housing or McMansion.

Andrnfinally, I have a very broad view of the world. I know almostrneverything about the airline industry, economy/politics of everyrncontinent on earth, I love all types of cuisines and cosmopolitanrnviews, I love architecture and cities, and my only point is, I hate howrnmost Americans do not have those qualities. So your argument is not credent because my whole point is that I have a broad view of the world. Just because I do not like Americans, that does not contradict that. I like almost all other peoples on this planet, just not Americans so when I watch Euronews and France 2 news almost everyday, don't tell me that my view is limited. My views on America are what they are, I live here remember? So, I am surrounded by what I speak of.

The only thing I do agree with you on is, Canada does have strip malls as well. Canada is almost one in the same as America in many ways, except I do love Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto...great cities. And can't forget Quebec City

greggarious

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:40 am

That is why I hate America! Because everyone is blind! A girl today did not know what Rio de Janeiro was.

Geographic unfamiliarity, while pervasive among American youth, is by no means limited to the United States. People wear blinders all over the world...

it is hard to be surrounded by people like the ones America produces.

I've no idea what you're background and personal history is, but I'm guessing if you're from Jersey and your age that you're no less an "American product" than the others you go to school with.

When I said I was planning on learning french outside of school one person in my class shouts, "Ewwww".

Please, don't make such gross generalizations based on isolated anecdotes such as this one.

Yeah...cause sports are NOT important in Europe.

No kidding. I just spend the past four months in the U.K. American sports culture is positively tame in comparison!

Come on! Sure you might live in suburban New Jersey, but there's a ton of people and places in the tri-state area that'll have you singing a different tune. Lighten up and spend more time in NYC, or even Philadelphia!

vikkyvik

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:44 am

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Reply 17):
I know almostrneverything about the airline industry

You'd fit in perfectly in Civ Av...... duck 
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

PacNWjet

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:45 am

Quoting Jalto27R (Reply 6):
and spend trillions of dollars to send them into unnecessary wars so they can die for "country"

This is certinly not unique to the United States. This is what bothers me about the original poster's comments: they lack a comparative context of any kind. Virtually everything the poster says about the United States could be applied to other countries around the world. I teach some comparative politics courses and one of my main objectives in these classes is to encourage students to engage in a comparative analysis of politics in different countries. When one does this one comes away with the conclusion that while there are specific details of politics that may be unique to one country or another, there are a host of general features of politics and government that are common among a large number of countries, for example, electoral systems, rules for cabinet formation, systems for collecting revenue, etc. This whole business of thinking the United States or any other country for that matter is uniquely bad (or good) just ignores the similarities that exist across a wide range of countries.

AFKLMLHLX
Topic Author

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:48 am

Quoting Greggarious (Reply 18):
Comernon! Sure you might live in suburban New Jersey, but there's a ton ofrnpeople and places in the tri-state area that'll have you singing arndifferent tune. Lighten up and spend more time in NYC, or evenrnPhiladelphia!
Actually, out of any place in America besides the Northeast cities, the NJ suburbs are the best of the worst. Granted I would love to live anywhere closer to NYC whether that be Maplewood, or Short Hills or Montclair.rnI mean I go into the city almost every other weekend. I just went inrnlast weekend with my friends. I went in the weekend before to Zabars.rnI went two weekends before that to see my friends who live in the city.rnI love the city, and it is one of the one crutches I hold is that myrnparents did not decide to raise me there, because I would have loved torngrow up there. Even Hobokenrnis just as good, because it is essentially living in BrooklynrnHeights...another area which I would have loved to grow up in as well.rnA positive though...atleast I am on a train line.

Quoting PacNWJet (Reply 20):

Manyrnthings are similar between the US and Europe as well as other countriesrnbecause, they all contain western qualities. I am not talking about howrnpeople vote or things about the government, I am talking about society.rnAmerica and Europe are both westernized places so they are both goingrnto contain.......many of the same western characteristics See, many of the adults and kids I know feel that the US is the only free and westernized place in the world, and that makes me filled with vigor. I am not saying America is not westernized, because it is. I am not also saying it is the best economicly and politically, because Europe in my oppinion is much better. But there are SOOOO MANY things I hate about this country socially and in its society, that my problems lie in those catagories. I hate the Bush administration, but atleast they are involved people in this country. My own mother did not even know what NATO is! And she loves to travel, but she barely knows anything for an educated Wash U alumn. I know the presidents/leaders of almost every European country and a lot of others too, so I get annoyed when almost all of my peers barely know anything.

[Edited 2008-01-23 19:56:21]

catsfan

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:48 am

Sorry, I actually have very good spelling and grammar, but I was typing voraciously.

So why not simply click the "Check Spelling" button? It is there just in case you were typing voraciously. If you don't mind me asking....where did you acquire your "very" good spelling and grammar skills? Surely not in America (lack of education)
I gotta have more cowbell!

Delta767300ER

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:56 am

Quote:
I for one, do not like America. I do not like the strip malls, the housing developments, lack of culture, lack of education, lack of tolerance, gross over importance on sports, how video games are teens favorite past times and how an average American family barely sits down to dinner together and most of the time has domino's pizza when that happens and if that happens, they can barely engage in intelligent discussion. These steriotypes are all so ture about America, I live here, and almost all of the people I know fit in. So I am wondering, do you all agree with me that America is failing? In Europe, you have the best of both worlds, culture, social stigma, family values, nice architecture history and you also have freedom. You have nice houses (my nice is different than the American concept of nice- I like the Bronx ghetto beter than Parsippany, a boring cookie-cutter suburb in NJ), educated people, different languages, great gastronomy and many more aspects, and I love watching European news, it is so much more engaging than CNN. So, what are your oppinions about this?

Nobody is forcing you to stay here. If you hate it so much then move. You have a lot of growing up to do. Granted when I was your age, I was a prick always starting shit with everyone I never whined about how much I hated American. I for one am glad to live in America. One of my favorite things about America is how diverse it is. Pay closer attention and you will see that.

AFKLMLHLX=

-Delta767300ER

AFKLMLHLX
Topic Author

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:58 am

Quoting CATSFAN (Reply 22):
So why not simply click the "Check Spelling" button? It is there just in case you were typing voraciously. If you don't mind me asking....where did you acquire your "very" good spelling and grammar skills? Surely not in America (lack of education)

BECAUSE, when I do check spelling as seen in some posts above, my comp does this weird rn thing where it puts the letters rn between many words or like.rnl so I chose not to use it because it screws up the posts for some reason.

PacNWjet

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:04 am

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Reply 21):
But there are SOOOO MANY things I hate about this country socially and in its society, that my problems lie in those catagories

O.K. I understand now. It is not the United States that has problems. As you now make clear (I didn't get it before) you are the one who has problems. See, you say right there, "my problems lie..."(emphasis added). I thought you were saying the U.S. has problems, but now that you say that it is you who has the problems your posts now make more sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Falcon84

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 am

lack of culture,

America is full of culture. Just because we're not as old as other nations, does not mean we don't have our own culture.

they can barely engage in intelligent discussion.

You never heard my brother, brother-in-law and my dad and I talk about politics and other things. Stop putting everyone in one big, neat, over-exaggerated category. You can't do that with 300 million people, son.

Quoting 767Lover (Reply 4):

I think it's the New Jersey part.  Big grin

A girl today did not know what Rio de Janeiro was.

So? What does that prove? Nothing.

Are there many ignorant Americans? Yes. There are ignorant people everywhere.

Are there many unintelligent Americans? Yes. There are unintelligent people everywhere.

You need to get out and maybe sample more of this nation. At age 16-20, I don't think you have an appareciation of all this nation has to offer, and how much culture and hospitality is all over this great nation. To be that young, and that angry, is pretty unbelievable.

Chill out, give yourself time to grow up a little, and learn to enjoy what this nation is, not hate it.
Work Right, Fly Hard

greggarious

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:06 am

Actually, out of any place in America besides the Northeast cities, the NJ suburbs are the best of the worst.

I'm going to have to disagree here. There's much, much more to the U.S. than just the Northeast Corridor... and a great deal of it is far from the "worst." PacNWJet is quite right in saying that your comparisons are flawed (and not just those comparing the U.S. and Western Europe... see above).

AFKLMLHLX
Topic Author

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:07 am

Always glad to help. See, and there you contradict yourself, because instead of actually hearing out my point, you two are being close minded. And yes I have problems with America! If I hate America, it is I, that stands for first person as in me, hate, meaning that is how I feel, America meaning America is what I hate. And I further explained why I hate America, and you just had to respond with some obnoxious response which was not charismatic at all. I explain in a serious manner how what you are talking about in similarities is different from what I talk about as the reasons why I hate America, and you just re-scramble my words. Good going.

lobster

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:11 am

greggarious

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:14 am

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Reply 28):
If I hate America, it is I, that stands for first person as in me, hate, meaning that is how I feel, America meaning America is what I hate.

I don't understand how you can go to New York City almost every other weekend and still hate America.

Winter of discontent, methinks!  Silly

sw733

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:41 am

I am stuck here for four years

How are you "stuck here" for 4 years? Even if you are on the bottom edge of 16-20, you can get out in 2 years no problem...

Let me take you to my home continent and show you some places. You'll be begging for me to take you back to America. You have it pretty good...travel a little (and I don't mean London, Paris, or Vancouver) and see how great your home is. I have met some very, very poor people in Namibia, Kenya, C.A.R., Mali, Senegal, Ethiopia, Brazil, and even Spain who would switch places with you in a second...I'll put you in touch with them and put you out of your misery. You can have a nice shiny hut in Maradi, Niger.

airtran737

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:46 am

Boy oh boy there young lad. I should print this thread out so I can wipe my ass with it. You my friend are completely uneducated. If you were to take the smallest amount of time to do a bit of research you would see that our young nation is indeed rich with culture. We may not be as old as Europe, but we have given the world many great things. The music of John Philip Sousa, Aaron Copeland, the poetry of Robert Frost, and Edgar Allen Poe, the paintings of Andy Warhol, Grant Wood, architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright and Richard Meier and the list goes on and on.

You are severely misguided, and remind me of my dumbass 15 year old brother who believes that the most important thing in the world is sitting at his computer googling crotch shots of Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan. I suggest that you get yourself a bus pass, go into New York City and venture into the Guggenheim Art Museum so that you can see that this country does appreciate culture. The posts that you have made in this thread are further proof to my theory that we are in the midst of raising a generation of ingrates who would rather run their mouths than get up and do something.

By the way. if your computer "messes up when you hit spell check" copy and paste your post into Microsoft Word, hit the spelling button, correct your errors then re-copy it into this thread.

End of rant, you are a misguided child. Plain and simple, just a child.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

Springbok747

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:55 am

You seriously have no fucking idea how lucky you are to be in America. Go to other parts of the world and see for yourself.

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 32):
End of rant, you are a misguided child. Plain and simple, just a child.

checkmark 
אני תומך בישראל

FlyDeltaJets87

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:05 am

the housing developments

Yea I know. Having space is such a bad thing.....not.

lack of culture

Or just a different culture that you experience all the time and are now growing tired of?

lack of education

sarcastic 

lack of tolerance,

sarcastic 

America just has emphasis on different sports, but sports are important all around the world.

how video games are teens favorite past times

Not me. The only video game system I've owned was an N64, which my sister and I had to buy with our own money. And it was hardly my favorite past time.

how an average American family barely sits down to dinner together

I'm fortunate in that when I'm home over the winter and summer breaks, I still do get to eat as a family.

My honest opinion is "Delta's ready when you are" if you seem to like Europe more, move there and go be happy. Then again, I see you live in New Jersey, one of America's armpits (at least if you're in North Jersey) so I can see where your disgruntlement come from.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

PhilSquares

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 am

Always glad to help. See, and there you contradict yourself, because instead of actually hearing out my point, you two are being close minded. And yes I have problems with America! If I hate America, it is I, that stands for first person as in me, hate, meaning that is how I feel, America meaning America is what I hate. And I further explained why I hate America, and you just had to respond with some obnoxious response which was not charismatic at all. I explain in a serious manner how what you are talking about in similarities is different from what I talk about as the reasons why I hate America, and you just re-scramble my words. Good going.

First of all, you might want to re-enroll in grade school. Your have no ability to even construct a simple sentence and less ability to express yourself in any type of rational manner!

As someone pointed out, if you think the area between your (your parent's) home and NYC is representative of the US you are sadly mistaken. I've traveled all over the world and every place I've been has some redeeming quality, some more than others. I have found there is no "perfect" place to live. Some are close some have a way to go but it's up to you to make it what you want. Your circumstances and locale are what you make it. If you go around with an attitude like you're spouting off here, you must be the most miserable person walking the planet! You have your whole life in front of you, do something constructive and stop whining about it! Only you have the ability to change it!

PS...my spell check works just fine!!!!

[Edited 2008-01-23 21:24:59]
Fly fast, live slow

ebs757

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:18 am

Feeding too much off the anti American culture on the internet ehh?
Viva la Vida

EvilForce

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:24 am

Well, I'd like to tell you that it gets better with age.....but it doesn't. It's kinda like waking up in one big trailer park in the middle of a Walmart parking lot next to a NASCAR stadium. I've found if you make fun of people it passes the time more quickly. Oh, and go into a profession where you can exploit their limited intellect. Maybe a doctor, or a lawyer. That could fun I would think. Being smart and self aware unfortunately may not be a blessing when you live in a mental ward. Good luck.
I bought a Venus Fly Trap today and was going to name it "Republican" but the fly trap is beneficial to the environment.

LASoctoberB6

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:27 am

As a 16 year old, I am now banging my head against the closest wall for opening up this thread. Just as an aside, video games are NOT my favorite pastime. Before you make illegitimate and inaccurate assumptions (which makes an ass of u and me), be sure to collect legit information from research upon this abomination of a topic.

Have a nice day.
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

asuflyer05

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:23 am

AFKLMLHLX From United States, joined Nov 2007, 50 posts, RR: 0

Welcome to A.net. Thanks for trolling with us.

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Reply 24):
BECAUSE, when I do check spelling as seen in some posts above, my comp does this weird rn thing where it puts the letters rn between many words or like.rnl so I chose not to use it because it screws up the posts for some reason.

And yes I have problems with America! If I hate America, it is I, that stands for first person as in me, hate, meaning that is how I feel, America meaning America is what I hate.

Does the period key fuck up your computer?

kc135topboom

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:09 am

My oppinions (opinion?) is for you to go live in North Korea. Kim Jun Ill will like you, and your spelling. By the way, there are no direct flights from New Jersey to North Korea, so you'll have to drive.  bigthumbsup 

SBBRTech

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Well, dude, i´d advise you to embrace for friendly fire...but now is too late, nukes away!

The stuff you said about your country could be used to describe most (if not all) countries. Whatever bad stuff you've seen around the area you dwell be sure that it's not 100% like that everywhere, maybe you haven't been out long (or far) enough.

lack of culture, lack of education

Maybe you are put off by the NYC theatre prices and stuff...but there are few places in the planet where you can get so much of the world's culture in a few blocks. Don't waste it.

video games are teens favorite past times

Err....what's wrong with that? 128-bit, 256-bit, bad ass graphics, surround sound, high speed links....can't blame the kids!

and at least in Brazil, people will not ridiculernyou for not playing sports

Don't be so sure about that. My high school mates never let me forget how much I sucked at football...

lack of tolerance

Some americans get too worked up with criticism, even if it's just a replication of what they normally say about others (foreign and domestic), but as my old US buddies like to say it's just the over-competitive nature of the american society.
So even when you're in the top of the world in most aspects, it feels like you must prove something every single day - otherwise you get the big "L" stamped in your forehead. Good luck with that, but if you ask me, it beats the daily struggle with incompetence and corruption in the 3rd world  bigthumbsup 
"I'm beginning to get the hang of this flying business" - C3PO

FlyDeltaJets87

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Andrnfinally, I have a very broad view of t
the world. I know almostrneverything about the airline industry, economy/politics of everyrncontinent on earth

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
Yea, sure. Whatever you say.
Username: AFKLMLHLX

Ladies and Gentleman, I think this sums everything we need to know about this poster right here.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

767Lover

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:23 pm

how an average American family barely sits down to dinner together and most of the time has domino's pizza when that happens and if that happens, they can barely engage in intelligent discussion.

and it is one of the one crutches I hold is that myrnparents did not decide to raise me there,

In America,rnpeople make fun of you for not playing sports.

In America, kids sit in theirrnbasement all day in the middle of their tract housing or McMansion.

My own mother did not even know what NATO is!

And she loves to travel, but she barely knows anything for an educated Wash U alumn.

It sounds like you have personal issues with your family and your upbringing. Oh, and the kids living in the crappy apartments down the street from me would love to trade places with you, I'm sure.

and watching Anthony Bordain

LOL!!!! I enjoy the show but this is not a gauge of society.

See, many of the adults and kids I know feel that the US is the only free and westernized place in the world, and that makes me filled with vigor.

I don't think you meant to use that word. But I suppose your poor education opportunity is to blame.

Quoting AFKLMLHLX (Reply 24):
Quoting CATSFAN (Reply 22):

Then go back and fix it. Nothing you have to say is so important that you can't wait a few minutes before hitting "post."

dtwclipper

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:50 pm

intolerance in France is ofrnAmericans and people who are uncultured, which I also as well havernintolerance too. And, it is kind of funny you mention how soccer isrnreligion in Brazil because I once mentioned that on an essay about howrnsports are too over-emphasized in America. Yes, soccer is religionrnthere, but it is in a different way. Soccer there is more about seeingrnthe game with friends and celebrating, in America, sports are just concideredrnself image boosters, and at least in Brazil, people will not ridiculernyou for not playing sports, as with the rest of the world. In America,rnpeople make fun of you for not playing sports. It is ridiculous. And,rnthe housing developments in Spain, are much different than therndevelopments in the states. Atleastrnin Spain, they contain urban qualities, in America, it is justrncookie-cutter houses. I have been to all of the places you mentionrnbesides South Korea, and even in South Korea, just knowing about therncountry and watching Anthony Bordain,rnthey have so much culture there and all of the things you mentioned arernin some countries but are done in different contexts. People who livernin Seoul also appreciate food and honor their family. Yes, S Korea is arnvery modern, prosperous country and video games are a big thing amongrnyouths, but atleastrnthey are doing it in a different setting. In America, kids sit in theirrnbasement all day in the middle of their tract housing or McMansion.

Andrnfinally, I have a very broad view of the world. I know almostrneverything about the airline industry, economy/politics of everyrncontinent on earth, I love all types of cuisines and cosmopolitanrnviews, I love architecture and cities, and my only point is, I hate howrnmost Americans do not have those qualities. So your argument is not credent because my whole point is that I have a broad view of the world. Just because I do not like Americans, that does not contradict that. I like almost all other peoples on this planet, just not Americans so when I watch Euronews and France 2 news almost everyday, don't tell me that my view is limited. My views on America are what they are, I live here remember? So, I am surrounded by what I speak of.

The only thing I do agree with you on is, Canada does have strip malls as well. Canada is almost one in the same as America in many ways, except I do love Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto...great cities. And can't forget Quebec City

You just blew it here buddy. I couldn't read your nonsense anymore because you don't have the discipline check your work or even use spell check. You just give excuses like the "dumb Americans" you deride!

When you've grown up, lived a bit, traveled around, you will realize that yes, America has plenty of faults, but it is still one of the best places to be.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

ANCFlyer

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Well, then - get out.

American family barely sits down to dinner together and most of the time has domino's pizza when that happens and if that happens, they can barely engage in intelligent discussion.

Source? Proof?

These steriotypes are all so ture about America, I live here, and almost all of the people I know fit in

You should get out more then.

sterEotypes and true by the by

In a word: no

In Europe, you have the best of both worlds, culture, social stigma, family values, nice architecture history and you also have freedom.

Plenty of flights from JFK to "Europe" leaving every day . . . bye bye . . .

Well, my opinion is that when you grow up - get past puberty - leave "the Bronx" and see some of this country you'll be in a better position to post something like this . . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Yellowstone

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 45):

Well, then - get out.

I was about to criticize you for giving the typical conservative knee-jerk response to people criticizing America... except that it seems like this kid actually does want to move over to Europe. More power to him, in that case. Although I'd expect he'd probably be disappointed with wherever he lived.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

dtwclipper

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:37 pm

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 46):
this kid actually does want to move over to Europe

I think he should move in with LHStarAlliance, they sound like they would really get along great!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

wingnut767

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Quoting AirCop (Reply 1):

And do not let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 47):
Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 46):
this kid actually does want to move over to Europe

I think he should move in with LHStarAlliance, they sound like they would really get along great!

Actually I think Klaus is closer because of his hate GWB rants.
Yakum purkan min shmaya

Yellowstone

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:03 pm

Quoting Wingnut767 (Reply 48):
Actually I think Klaus is closer because of his hate GWB rants.

Huh? GWB and America are not the same thing. Otherwise you'd be calling about half of America anti-American. Let's keep the discussion on the topic at hand, please.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.