Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FriendlySkies
Topic Author

Hillary Doesn't Congratulate Obama On Wins

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:13 am

Something interesting I hadn't really noticed, but CNN mentioned on the politics page.

Clinton hasn't congratulated Obama on any of the wins he's gotten over the past week. It's not required but it's pretty unprofessional politically I think anyway. Her campaign is so full of scum it's almost sickening...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...till-no-congratulations-for-obama/

A346Dude

RE: Hillary Doesn't Congratulate Obama On Wins

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:52 am

The crap that passes for news these days.

If Obama cares about this he needs to grow a pair... but I'm sure he doesn't.

FlyDeltaJets87

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:56 am

Did she run off the field before the final votes were counted?  wink   silly 

Indy

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:57 am

Obama doesn't care because he's winning. I think he's eventually going to pull away and win the nomination. November could be very interesting for this country.

Flighty

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:12 am

She has done nothing but complain the whole time.

Like over the NBC "pimp my daughter" thing... it was ridiculous. She seemed delighted to have an excuse to act all put-upon. But she could not hide her glee. She was practically singing her complaints like an opera character, who is well practiced in that particular song.

"And they are coming to get meeeeee--eeeee-eeee..."

"The right wing conspiracee---eee--eeeeeee..."

"And so I deserve the nomination, because it is my turn. LALaaaAlala..."

In the move Happy Gilmore, Adam Sandler famously said: "you eat pieces of S*** for breakfast??" It was a punch line because nobody thought that is what was meant.

So Hillary actually copied an Adam Sandler bit, except she tried to play it seriously. She wrote the president of NBC News to whine about it. Very not Presidential IMO.

Hillary is just too east to bait and trick. She actually voted FOR the "war" after all. Not that I believe she was tricked into it. Instead, she willfully did the wrong thing because she does not care about right and wrong.

RJdxer

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:19 am

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 1):
The crap that passes for news these days.

Yet if President Bush were to make a similar faux paus..........  scratchchin  It's tacky and it shows the real person behind the mask.

BR715-A1-30

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:46 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 5):
Yet if President Bush were to make a similar faux paus..........

BAH!! That my friend, would be called.. "Strategery"

jetjack74

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 am

Quoting Indy (Reply 3):
I think he's eventually going to pull away and win the nomination.

I think you're right

Quoting A346Dude (Reply 1):
If Obama cares about this he needs to grow a pair...

Honestly, no response out of him is the best response. It worked with the attacks on him during the primary

Quoting Flighty (Reply 4):

There's no such thing as fair campaigning according to them

NIKV69

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:07 am

Quoting Indy (Reply 3):
Obama doesn't care because he's winning. I think he's eventually going to pull away and win the nomination. November could be very interesting for this country.

How do you figure? Hillary is favored to take TX and is ahead in the super delegates. Personally I think Florida is going to become a huge problem and the DNC convention will be one to remember.

Back to the topic since when do the candiates have to "congratulate" each other after every state? This makes no sense and just makes CNN look more like the bunch of idiots they are.

Indy

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:12 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 8):
How do you figure? Hillary is favored to take TX and is ahead in the super delegates. Personally I think Florida is going to become a huge problem and the DNC convention will be one to remember.

Obama moved ahead of her today in total delegates. I don't know why them call them super delegates because they aren't required to vote for you. So if anything having more super delegates than your opponent puts you at risk. Obama has more total delegates and fewer super delegates which is a double advantage to him.

stratosphere

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:13 am

Agreed...But you have to admit I really think that Hillary is MAJOR league PISSED. I know she is thinking if Obama had never run she would have had the black vote in her pocket and I really think he is a major thorn in her side. It is still anyones game but it is interesting to watch.....

yowza

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:21 am

Back to the topic since when do the candiates have to "congratulate" each other after every state? This makes no sense and just makes CNN look more like the bunch of idiots they are.

Hell must have frozen over because I agree with you 100% on something!

YOWza

RJdxer

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:01 pm

and is ahead in the super delegates.

Considering super delegates do not have to commit until it's time to vote at the convention, that is a dubious lead at best.

I think Florida is going to become a huge problem and the DNC convention will be one to remember.

If it does the party might as well scrap its primary rules since every state will feel free to move theirs up as there will be no penalty for doing so.

Candidates have traditionally congratulated their opponents on a victory. It's not written in stone, but then neither is saying "excuse me" .

seb146

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Quoting Flighty (Reply 4):
She actually voted FOR the "war" after all.

Ummm.... when did Bush ask Congress for a formal declaration of war? IIRC, Congress passed a bill stating that, after all diplomatic options had been exhausted, Bush return to Congress to ask for a formal delcaration of war. That bill is what Bush said was his "mandate" to invade a soverign nation.

since when do the candiates have to "congratulate" each other after every state?

Has McCain or Huckabee gotten any encouraging words from other candidates who are still running?

Flighty

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Quoting YOWza (Reply 11):

Yeah you get the feeling Hillary wakes up each morning and goes "aw SHIT we forgot about..." So 1 morning it's failing to congratulate Obama. Or rallying Hispanics. Or blacks. Or union members.

She's 1 day late and $1 short, because she is RESPONDING to TV rather than providing actual leadership.

Hillary knows how to be a great follower, following directions to the letter. She is meticulous. That is why criticism drives her nuts. She is indeed a "work horse."

But can she lead?

Flighty

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 13):
Bush return to Congress to ask for a formal delcaration of war. That bill is what Bush said was his "mandate" to invade a soverign nation.

I agree that is why I put "war" in quotes. But Hillary knew that the bill meant invasion. Everyone knew, and Hillary is much smarter than average. She also knew it was wrong but she voted for it because she has no principles.

She wanted a Republican disaster to damage their party. She probably saw that the Iraq War was so dumb, it could seriously damage Republicans.

Also, Hillary was afraid to appear "un-patriotic" which in late 2002 early 2003 was a major test of bravery. Which she failed. Obama passed the test.

It was classic Totalitarian domination. "Is the sky red or blue?" "The sky is red," said Hillary, strategically. "Sky is blue," said Obama. Now he deserves credit.

cfalk

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Quoting FriendlySkies (Thread starter):
Clinton hasn't congratulated Obama on any of the wins he's gotten over the past week.

She's always had the reputation of being a vindictive bit*&, so why is anyone surprised?

Hillary is favored to take TX and is ahead in the super delegates.

Now here's the thing - if the voters give more delegates to one candidate, and the superdelegates give the nemination to the other candidate, then what the hell is this year-long primary campaign for??? If you are going to have the delegate choisen in the smoky back rooms of the convention, you might as well can the whole idea that the party listens to the people.

The superdelegates will vote for whichever candidate has the most delegates at the convention. Doing anything else could destroy the Democratic Party.

seb146

Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:59 pm

Quoting Flighty (Reply 15):
Also, Hillary was afraid to appear "un-patriotic" which in late 2002 early 2003 was a major test of bravery. Which she failed. Obama passed the test

Very few in Congress wanted to appear "un-patriotic" in that period. I don't reacall Obama voting on the bill. Oh, that's right... he was still an Illinios Senator. If I recall, that period in history was one where the leaders wanted to look united and appear strong for the American people. No one wanted to be against the war on terror. I don't fault anyone for voting for the bill. I fault the administration for doing a "bait and switch." IMO, they only saw "declaration of war" in the bill's wording and used images of mushroom clouds and drawing of mobile chemical labs to strike fear into everyone and label anyone who voted against the bill as being in league with al-Qaida.

Where is the media getting upset that Ron Paul or Romney or Guliani have not congratulated McCain or Huckabee on their wins?

NIKV69

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:13 pm

Quoting YOWza (Reply 11):

On the congratulating thing or CNN?  crazy 

Quoting Stratosphere (Reply 10):
Agreed...But you have to admit I really think that Hillary is MAJOR league PISSED. I know she is thinking if Obama had never run she would have had the black vote in her pocket and I really think he is a major thorn in her side. It is still anyones game but it is interesting to watch.....

It's tough to get into her head but I don't think it is a total surprise to her. At this point she has to concentrate on her strong states and hope the superdelegates go her way.

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 12):
Considering super delegates do not have to commit until it's time to vote at the convention, that is a dubious lead at best

It is, especially since the media is already hinting about backroom deals and such.

If it does the party might as well scrap its primary rules since every state will feel free to move theirs up as there will be no penalty for doing so.

Depends, have to see how the petition goes. If the delegates refused to be seated then they won't. Florida can still do it over with a spring caucus but they probably won't.

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 16):
Now here's the thing - if the voters give more delegates to one candidate, and the superdelegates give the nemination to the other candidate, then what the hell is this year-long primary campaign for??? If you are going to have the delegate choisen in the smoky back rooms of the convention, you might as well can the whole idea that the party listens to the people.

The superdelegates will vote for whichever candidate has the most delegates at the convention. Doing anything else could destroy the Democratic Party.

The "backroom" reference is total propaganda. As is the term "superdelegate" is basically slang. These are DNC officials that make up a percentage of the delegate count. Also if you are going to say that the DNC doesn't listen to the people you have to realize the rules were clear and Florida broke them. It's simple hold your primary at a certain time and your voice will be heard. Will the DNC officials support Obama if he has a slight lead and Florida doesn't count? Hard to say but the Clinton machine has some strong ties so it will be fun to watch.

bmacleod

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Obama still has to climb to the TOP before declaring victory:

T - Texas

O - Ohio

P - Pennsylvania

Assuming he can defeat Hillary Clinton here, victory is his....  trophy 

FriendlySkies
Topic Author

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Quoting Bmacleod (Reply 19):

T - Texas

O - Ohio

P - Pennsylvania

If he wins Wisconsin, which I fully expect, he really only needs to come in a close second in these states to keep the lead. Having said that, I think he can and will pull out a win in Texas.

yowza

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:44 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 18):
On the congratulating thing or CNN? crazy

Both! That's why it was so surprising.

Quoting Flighty (Reply 14):

But can she lead?

Possibly but I am not a fan... at all.

YOWza

Pope

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Per NBC's Today show this morning, HRC needs to win 55% of all delegates remaining in order to win the nomination. After the Wisconsin and Hawaii primaries (which BO is expect to win) this figure grows to 57%.

FriendlySkies
Topic Author

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Does anyone offhand know all the states remaining? I know of WI,HI,TX,OH,VT,PA,OR,NC...I think there are others though?

bmacleod

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Quoting FriendlySkies (Reply 20):
If he wins Wisconsin, which I fully expect, he really only needs to come in a close second in these states to keep the lead. Having said that, I think he can and will pull out a win in Texas.

Maybe. It's (Texas) heavily Latino population is leaning on Hillary. I expect Hillary to go all out fighting to the bitter end. We may be in for another Election 2000 - part two - Democratic Nomination 2008...

n521na

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Do I see a double standard? I'll use your own arguments in the other thread to answer this.

Using this argument, I could say:
"Back to the topic since when do the candiates have to "wear a US flag lapel pin" during every public appearance? This makes no sense and just makes FOX news look more like the bunch of idiots they are."

And to answer your response in this thread using your reponses in the other thread:
"It is still a refelction of her and her campaign. Well she obvioulsy knows now about Obama's victories. Wonder how she handled it?"

"Refusing to congratulate,(which I feel we all should do when we lose a fair election), is telling."

Give me a break dude. You're just flat out anti-Obama and angry that he's on a roll.  Yeah sure

Hillary is a great candidate, but she is way too devisive to get any of her plans through in the White House.

D L X

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Candidates have traditionally congratulated their opponents on a victory. It's not written in stone, but then neither is saying "excuse me" .

Brilliant analogy.  checkmark 

Hillary looks like a douche when she doesn't congratulate the winner. I've given up on expecting her to act professional. I mean, last night when the polls were coming in, Hillary was in El Paso trotting out a little Mexican boy wearing a mariachi outfit. Can you say "EXPLOITATION?" I thought it was pretty disgusting.

Quoting Bmacleod (Reply 24):
It's (Texas) heavily Latino population is leaning on Hillary.

Not so fast. Texas has as many Blacks as it does Latinos, for one, and Obama is quickly gaining Latino support as well.

MadameConcorde

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:19 pm

She is the ex-President's wife I bet she has some really high-end people supporting her campaign. She must be very disappointed to see that Obama is more popular and is getting more delegates so far than she does.

Maybe she thinks she already has the job in the White House. I wonder what she will think if he wins the nomination and if he would ever take her as a vice-president (or the other way around if she was the one to win the nomination)?

Quoting FriendlySkies (Thread starter):
Clinton hasn't congratulated Obama on any of the wins he's gotten over the past week.

cfalk

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:31 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 26):
Texas has as many Blacks as it does Latinos, for one,

Say what?

Black persons, percent, 2006 (a) 11.9%
Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2006 (b) 35.7%
White persons not Hispanic, percent, 2006 48.3%

Pretty soon, white folks in Texas will be able to claim minority priviledges...

D L X

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 28):
Quoting D L X (Reply 26):
Texas has as many Blacks as it does Latinos, for one,

Say what?

I should have said Black voters. Heard it on MSNBC last night that about 26% of the democratic voters in previous texas primary elections were black, with a comparable number of latinos. IT is expected this year that the black vote will see a sizeable jump in Texas.

NIKV69

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Quoting Bmacleod (Reply 19):

T - Texas

O - Ohio

P - Pennsylvania

Assuming he can defeat Hillary Clinton here, victory is his....

If Hillary doesn't win TX and OH she is done.

Quoting YOWza (Reply 21):
Both! That's why it was so surprising.

Well CNN is a no brainer.  Silly

Quoting N521NA (Reply 25):
"Refusing to congratulate,(which I feel we all should do when we lose a fair election), is

telling."

So your still telling me if each candidate doesn't openly congratulate the other after every state it's telling? Please, this is media BS.

Quoting N521NA (Reply 25):
Give me a break dude. You're just flat out anti-Obama and angry that he's on a roll.

Hillary is a great candidate, but she is way too devisive to get any of her plans through in the White House.

Oh and when Obama tries to get his socialized healthcare through that will be easy? Come on bro his ideas are window dressing and can't hold up when put in practice. He wants socialism just as much as Hillary and he wants to us to believe he is going to give everyone free education and healthcare without everyone paying the bill? He is going to pull us out of Iraq? Come on, we need leadership not pep rallys.

andessmf

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:55 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 30):
Oh and when Obama tries to get his socialized healthcare through that will be easy? Come on bro his ideas are window dressing and can't hold up when put in practice. He wants socialism just as much as Hillary and he wants to us to believe he is going to give everyone free education and healthcare without everyone paying the bill? He is going to pull us out of Iraq? Come on, we need leadership not pep rallys.

You just gave reasons enough NOT to vote for Hillary as well.

Let us also not forget that NOW there is a lawsuit to get Michigan's and Florida's delegates seated, changing the rules mid-game.

n521na

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:40 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 30):
So your still telling me if each candidate doesn't openly congratulate the other after every state it's telling? Please, this is media BS.

LOL, it's YOUR argument from the other thread. You just proved my point that your own argument was BS.

Both events are non issues.

[Edited 2008-02-13 16:45:17]

NIKV69

Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 am

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 31):
Let us also not forget that NOW there is a lawsuit to get Michigan's and Florida's delegates seated, changing the rules mid-game.

Mid-game? Weren't the DNC rules clear beforehand? Not sure this lawsuit has any legs. Florida should have waited. The DNC laid down these ground rules to combat this rush to be first and have early votes. Florida should have complied. Also don't forget if the states petition these delegates can wind up counting which will throw another wrench into everything.