Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Falcon84
Topic Author

Does Sen. Clinton Still Have A Chance?

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:07 am

Not meant to become a flamefest about the Senator, but for those who follow the Primaries with more than passing interest, I ask the question. Does she still have a chance?

She's lost the last 8 primary votes; Sen. Obama seems to be beating her to the punch at every turn; she's taken severe criticism for some of the things her husband has said during the campaign; she's replaced her campaign manager.

And, yet, despite this, she's only a few dozen delegates behind Sen. Obama. Can she turn it around? Her last big chances are coming up, I believe, on March 4th, in Ohio and Texas. Last time I checked, she was ahead here in Ohio, but haven't seen a poll in a while. And she absolutely has to have Texas.

What say you members?

tsaord

RE: Does Sen. Clinton Still Have A Chance?

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:19 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
And she absolutely has to have Texas

Texas is a must have and Ohio. She needs both. I'm supporting her and she needs to get it in gear and not stake her campaign in one spot. She really needs to get to the people more. March 4th, my birthday day! If she does not win Texas and Ohio, or looses one I think she real really take a big hit. Now if she wins both she is still really in it! Then on to the last primary states like Pennsylvania which I think is another must have for her. I haven't followed politics like this before ever in my life until now so I'm no "expert". She needs, Ohio, Texas and Penn. I really believe she needs all three to stay competitive in the delegate race and to keep it close with the popular vote even if its narrow.

She has a chance but she needs to make the most of it with voters. Race and gender I believe played a huge role some some of these primaries and her campaign got jumped on because she brought it up. Yet exit polls more Big Tuesday showed how divided race, gender, working class, and age group played big roles on who won where.

halls120

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 am

Not meant to become a flamefest about the Senator, but for those who follow the Primaries with more than passing interest, I ask the question. Does she still have a chance?

Of course she does. Ohio and Texas are important states, and the Clintons are still influential within the party leadership.

That said, I'm pulling for Obama to win the nomination.

cfalk

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:25 am

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

Big grin  Big grin  Big grin  Big grin  Big grin

Couldn't have happened to a sweeter person. I'd prefer Bill to her any day.

comorin

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:41 am

I was rooting for Obama when he was the underdog. Now he's becoming a bit cocky and I'm rooting for Hil! Man, I'm so fickle...

Anyway, CNN stress-tested the scenarios and nobody can get a majority vote under any circumstances. So the superdelegates will decide. They will of course back the leader of the popular vote. I think Hil has to win Texas and Ohio to reclaim her ground.

They're both great candidates, though New Yorkers know how hard Hil has worked as a Junior Senator for our cause, especially after 9-11.

fxramper

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:44 am

She can't catch us!

NYT THURSDAY: Clinton's advisers acknowledged it would be difficult to catch up in race for pledged delegates even if she succeeded in winning 3 states on which she is most pinning her hopes: Ohio and Texas in March and Pennsylvania in April. Dem party's rules would be decided obstacle in efforts to catch up to Obama before voting phase of nominating process ends later in spring.

Clintons cooked.

NIKV69

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:34 am

Quoting Tsaord (Reply 1):
Texas is a must have and Ohio. She needs both

Desperately.

Quoting Comorin (Reply 5):
I was rooting for Obama when he was the underdog. Now he's becoming a bit cocky and I'm rooting for Hil! Man, I'm so fickle...

confused 

No matter who wins what I think it's plain to see the superdelegates and FL and MI are going to decide the winner and trust me this will get ugly.

National757

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:56 am

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 3):

I'm surprised Charles. You should know the Clinton's never lose. One way or another, Hilary

will

get the nomination, by any means necessary! Even if they have to steal the nomination  Wink

ANCFlyer

Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:44 am

Does she still have a chance?

I dunno. Like you said, this isn't a flame fest - and I really despise her - but objectively, Sen Obama has really put on a show I didn't think he could, and put her to shame.

Problem is, there's still Texas and your stomping grounds . . . . those are fairly power states, lots of delegates. Can't tell.

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 2):
That said, I'm pulling for Obama to win the nomination.

I'm with the Coast Guard on this one . . . I'd like to see Sen Obama go toe to toe with Sen McCain in the big race. I think that's how this will fall out.

Mortyman

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:24 am

Don't understand why so many are voting on Obama.

He says he wants change, wich is good....but that is also all he is saying...again and again...

But not what he is going to do and how he is gonna do it... He has no plan...

But maybe I have missed something...

kc135topboom

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:40 am

Does she still have a chance?

No

Quoting Tsaord (Reply 1):
Texas is a must have and Ohio. She needs both.

After pissing off the Hispainics this weekend, she may have lost in Texas.

BTW, even though I'm a Republican, I'm going to vote in the Texas Democrat Primary on 4 March. Texas has an "open" primary meaning you can vote in either party. I'm voting for Senator Barak Obama, not so much because I like his positions (I don't), I just want to opportunity to vote against the Queen Bitch.

Quoting Comorin (Reply 4):
So the superdelegates will decide.

The Clintons will twist their arms until they vote for Hillary. Have you noticed she is now demanding the deligates from Florida and Michigan be setted, since she "won" the vote in both states (but the DNC took away those deligates because those states broke party rules).

They're both great candidates

No, she is not.

Hillary, like her husband Bill, will lie, cheat, and steal, to get back into power. They do not care about anyone or anything except getting back into power.

New Yorkers know how hard Hil has worked as a Junior Senator for our cause, especially after 9-11.

Doing what? If New York didn't have Rudy, you would have nothing. Both Clinton and Schumer didn't have a clue what to do.

itsonlyme

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:41 am

Not only does she need to win OH, TX, and PA, but she needs to win by substantial margins, like 20%, to get enough delegates to tie him. The smaller states before and after these big states favour Obama. I think everyone is shocked at how things have turned out - Obama has done much better against Clinton than many thought. Arrogance and poor planning on the part of the Clinton camp though.

Quoting Mortyman (Reply 9):

He has plenty of plans. The thing is, when he gives townhall meetings or Q&A's with editorial boards etc, these dont get major media attention. He can be just as specific as Clinton. What gets attention are these huge rallies and his inspirational rhetoric. But to say he doesnt have any plans is not true.

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 10):
The Clintons will twist their arms until they vote for Hillary

Dont be so sure. There are many who never liked the Clintons, and many who want something different. Dont forget, many superdelegates are part of the DNC who voted for Howard Dean against the wishes of many establishment people, including the Clintons. Superdelegates will go with the flow. If Obama continues to win and continues to lead in pledged delegates, states won and raw votes, there is no way the superdelegates can hand the thing over to Hillary. If they did there would be chaos and a revolt!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:18 pm

Doing what? If New York didn't have Rudy, you would have nothing.

rotfl 

OVER-RATED! Rudy didn't do squat since 9/11 for NYC. If Hillary was so bad, why did she get re-elected by such a big margian? She's even been very popular in traditional GOP areas, simply because she has worked hard for her constituents. You may not like her, but to say what you did is simply losing touch with reality.

Elite

Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:24 pm

I don't think Clinton has a chance anymore, although it seems that they are in a very right race. I'm sure that the Democratic party will see that when its John McCain vs Barack Obama, Obama will have the advantage over Clinton as being the national favorite. That being said, I'm most likely going for the Republicans so Clinton would probably give McCain a better chance, but I wouldn't want to have Clinton coming so close to Presidency!!

daedaeg

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:36 pm

BTW, even though I'm a Republican, I'm going to vote in the Texas Democrat Primary on 4 March. Texas has an "open" primary meaning you can vote in either party. I'm voting for Senator Barak Obama, not so much because I like his positions (I don't), I just want to opportunity to vote against the Queen Bitch.

I think this is why Clinton may do poorly in Texas. A lot of republicans plan to vote against her in the primary. Not sure how that would benefit them in the long run. The Replublicans have a much better chance of winning in November with her on the ticket. I guess so many on the right despise her so much that they'll do whatever it takes to make sure she doesn't see the White House.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Quoting Daedaeg (Reply 14):
I think this is why Clinton may do poorly in Texas. A lot of republicans plan to vote against her in the primary

Personally, I think the GOP's fixation with Hillary may backfire on thiem come the fall. I honestly believe McCain has a better shot at beating Sen. Clinton than he does Sen. Obama. Hillary voted for the war, as did McCain, so any advantage she might have is gone on that score alone. Obama and McCain will be a real choice for the voters, and Obama's youth and charisma may be the deciding factor. Hillary has neither on her side right now.

If I were the GOP, I'd rather go up against Sen. Clinton than Sen. Obama.

KFLLCFII

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:02 pm

I think this is why Clinton may do poorly in Texas. A lot of republicans plan to vote against her in the primary. Not sure how that would benefit them in the long run. The Replublicans have a much better chance of winning in November with her on the ticket. I guess so many on the right despise her so much that they'll do whatever it takes to make sure she doesn't see the White House.

That's the problem. Those Republicans are only looking at the short term.

John McCain vs Obama...  scratchchin 

John McCain vs Hillary...  bigthumbsup 

andessmf

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:04 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 15):
Personally, I think the GOP's fixation with Hillary may backfire on thiem come the fall

Let's not forget that there is no middle ground, regardless of party. You either hate Hillary or you love her.

Obama's youth and charisma may be the deciding factor. Hillary has neither on her side right now.

Given a choice, most of us would rather see Obama win.

ANCFlyer

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Personally, I think the GOP's fixation with Hillary may backfire on thiem come the fall.

Personally, I think this a moot point since the race will be between Sen Obama and Sen McCain with Hillary sitting it out on the sidelines . . .

I'd have to agree, I think McCain could more readily beat the Schiester Lawyer than Sen. Obama . . . no question. I don't think that's the way it'll roll out, but . . . .

rfields5421

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:11 pm

I think this is why Clinton may do poorly in Texas. A lot of republicans plan to vote against her in the primary. Not sure how that would benefit them in the long run. The Replublicans have a much better chance of winning in November with her on the ticket.

I fully agree - any Republicans voting in the Democrat primary for Obama will be hurting the chances of a Republican victory in October.

The Democrat race is not nearly as close to finished as the media and bloggers would lead you to believe.

Hillary has a very good chance of taking the nomination, but I think the Democrat powers that be are seeing how good McCain does against Hillary and have made up their minds that Obama should be the candidate.

Typical Democrats - not wanting the voters to decide - just what the party leaders decide is 'best for the party'.

halls120

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:30 pm

I think this is why Clinton may do poorly in Texas. A lot of republicans plan to vote against her in the primary

Personally, I think the GOP's fixation with Hillary may backfire on thiem come the fall. I honestly believe McCain has a better shot at beating Sen. Clinton than he does Sen. Obama. Hillary voted for the war, as did McCain, so any advantage she might have is gone on that score alone. Obama and McCain will be a real choice for the voters, and Obama's youth and charisma may be the deciding factor. Hillary has neither on her side right now.

I look at it differently. You can argue that the republicans are shooting themselves in the foot, but as an independent, I'd rather have a race where the two best candidates are running against each other. The way I see it, the country would be better off with either McCain or Obama as President. It isn't hatred for Hillary - I just see Clinton as the least likely able to unite our country of the three. She is simply too devisive.

AGM100

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 20):
You can argue that the republicans are shooting themselves in the foot,

They have blown their feet completely off my man ... reminds me of the Homeless studies professor on South Park trying to kill himself !!

Hillary can still win it ,, it will only take one slip by Mr. Obama to swing it around. However , reading some blogs this morning .. I am surprised by the tone of the dems beating up on Hillary and Bill. Man I never thought it would happen ! Politics is one dangerous business you know ?

NIKV69

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:41 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 12):
OVER-RATED! Rudy didn't do squat since 9/11 for NYC. If Hillary was so bad, why did she get re-elected by such a big margian

I agree with the fact that I don't see why everyone thinks Rudy did so much during 9/11, IMO he did a great job during the crisis but I think it was overrated. I supported him because he was a great leader and improved NYC long before 9/11. The only reason HRC got elected and re-elected is because NY is predomiantly liberal. She hasn't done much for NY which isn't saying much, Schumer, Nadler and the rest are equally worthless.

Quoting Elite (Reply 13):
I don't think Clinton has a chance anymore, although it seems that they are in a very right race. I'm sure that the Democratic party will see that when its John McCain vs Barack Obama, Obama will have the advantage over Clinton as being the national favorite. That being said, I'm most likely going for the Republicans so Clinton would probably give McCain a better chance, but I wouldn't want to have Clinton coming so close to Presidency!!

This is a good point. Don't lose sight of the fact that no matter how strong the Clinton machine is the DNC's only goal to win the white house.

I honestly believe McCain has a better shot at beating Sen. Clinton than he does Sen. Obama.

Easily, but mostly because she is so despised.

halls120

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 21):
Hillary can still win it ,, it will only take one slip by Mr. Obama to swing it around. However , reading some blogs this morning .. I am surprised by the tone of the dems beating up on Hillary and Bill. Man I never thought it would happen ! Politics is one dangerous business you know ?

You shouldn't be surprised. Democrats still remember the debacle that was the last few years of the Clinton adminstration, and given the choice between a candidate with baggage, and one without (comparatively speaking, of course), it's a no brainer. Most democratic party leaders have an advanced case of Clinton fatigue, and they can read the same "McCain could beat Clinton but not Obama" polls that the rest of us can.

andessmf

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 22):
she is so despised.

And that was and is a negative for her political future. As already stated, there is no middle ground with HRC, she is either loved or hated, nothing in between.

Pope

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 3):
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead

If I've learned one thing it's never to underestimate the Clintons. Who would have thought that after the press conference where WJC waived his finger at the American people and said that he did not have sexual relations . . . . only to be faced with DNA evidence to the contrary that he would serve out the remainder of his term?

Clinton Inc. is a political machine. Does it look bleak? Yes. But it ain't over until the cankled lady sings.

That being said, my bet is that Obama is the Democrats candidate.

On that note, I had lunch today with a university professor who characterized himself as a liberal. But he said that he could not envision any circumstance under which he would vote for Obama. That really surprised me.

AGM100

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:21 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 23):
You shouldn't be surprised.

I guess your right , but a few weeks ago I really thought she was a lock. I even at one time thought Obama was a Clinton set up .. sort of a picket candidate. It made sense to me because of the problem of her being seen as such a lock that the GOP would concentrate on her. Let me put it this way ,, If I had the power the Clinton's / DNC had at one time I would try to promote a candidate to run with me as interference. I guess it was a Tin that moment for me !

Love the quote by Slick Willey to the reporter yesterday claiming Hillary has done well considering her shoe string budget !! $140 Million dollar shoe string ,

RJdxer

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:23 pm

It's OK, once she gets the Florida and Michigan delegates seated, and her daughter lap dan....I mean convinces some super delegates of the virtues of voting for Mom, the tide will turn. I wonder, if we vote for one, do we actually get three?

Question, if she wins the Presidency, who will be the most unknown person in the country? Her VP of course. All that person will have to do is stock up on black suits.

halls120

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 27):
Question, if she wins the Presidency, who will be the most unknown person in the country? Her VP of course. All that person will have to do is stock up on black suits.

Boy isn't that the truth. That poor SOB will have no influence whatsoever.

BlueElephant

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:20 pm

I think she fell apart after Super Tuesday and firing all her campaign managers and what not.

Obama '08!

P.S. She's coming to do a rally just across the street from me, I'm not going anyway....
I'd only go If I could make her cry.

NIKV69

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:05 pm

It's OK, once she gets the Florida and Michigan delegates seated

Little confused here, she doesn't do anything. It's between the Florida officials and the DNC at the convention. Florida want's their vote to count. Your not implying that Hillary is going to be behind getting those votes to count are you?

and her daughter lap dan....I mean convinces some super delegates of the virtues of voting for Mom,

Oh God Chelsea is gross. I would rather get a lap dance from Hillary. Wellll maybe not but still.

tsaord

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:23 am

Now that she won the popular vote in N.M and got two more delegates than Obama in that state he is only leading her by 30 something delegats. She is not out yet. I hope to goes to Wisconsin and gets out there. She is LETTING him get huge wins without trying to head him off.

After this I am stepping away from Politics if she looses the nomination. I have become so caught up in this it made me mad. If she looses thats it for me, I chose someone I believed in and if she doesn't win I'll be disappointed. But we won't know for sure until March 4th. As long as she can keep the delegate count close and keep it close in the pop vote by winning the March 4th Primaries and Penn. If Clinton keeps it close until April, the Convention will have a serious problems on their hands!

Only hope.

RJdxer

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:45 am

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 28):
That poor SOB will have no influence whatsoever.

People think VP Cheney is secretive, this guy or gal will be a ghost.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 30):
Your not implying that Hillary is going to be behind getting those votes to count are you?

You don't think she went to Florida on primary day or was the only person on the ballot in Michigan for nothing do you? Everything has a price with the Clintons.

KFLLCFII

Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:00 am

Quoting Tsaord (Reply 31):
After this I am stepping away from Politics if she looses the nomination. I have become so caught up in this it made me mad. If she looses thats it for me

no 

We may not be on the same side of things, but don't let yourself become disenfranchised over it. Remember, in every election, there will always be a losing side. (Unless, of course, the candidate is running unchallenged. Big grin )

Obviously you have the right not to vote just as much as you have the right to vote. But remember the sacrifices many have made to enshrine the right to...The least you can do is not let their efforts go in vain.  Smile

I assure you, there will be another favorable candidate for you in the future, if in fact she doesn't get the nomination. It's just the nature of the beast...

FriendlySkies

Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:10 am

Quoting Mortyman (Reply 9):
Don't understand why so many are voting on Obama.

He says he wants change, wich is good....but that is also all he is saying...again and again...

But maybe I have missed something...

Without getting into whether or not that's actually true, could you please tell me what Hillary's plan is? Or what she's done with all her "experience" that makes her a better person to get the job done? Cause all I hear from her is how Obama doesn't this or isn't that, but not what she is.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:59 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 32):
You don't think she went to Florida on primary day or was the only person on the ballot in Michigan for nothing do you? Everything has a price with the Clintons.

Oh course not. Let's face it the Clintons have not got to where they have from being stupid. They play the game as good as anyone. She knew that Florida will be on that floor screaming for their delegates to be seated. It was actually pretty smart on her part to do what she did and foolish for Obama. Florida is huge.

N174UA

Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:02 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 6):
No matter who wins what I think it's plain to see the superdelegates and FL and MI are going to decide the winner and trust me this will get ugly.

Definitely. The Dems are going to regret the day they decided to ignore the people of Florida and Michigan. Especially Florida. Good god. If I were a Dem in FL, I'd vote GOP just to spite them.

Personally, I think the GOP's fixation with Hillary may backfire on thiem come the fall. I honestly believe McCain has a better shot at beating Sen. Clinton than he does Sen. Obama.

I came very close to voting for HIllary in the WA primary (next Tues.) for that very reason. Like Texas, we have an open primary here, as long as the voter pledges to a party for the primary.

checkmark 

In general, I think anything can happen. Last fall, Hillary was the de facto nominee. It was a foregone conclusion, remember? But now look what happened. Now Obama has the momentum. But, now he's on the hot seat, and he's got McCain and HRC saying he isn't specific enough on too many issues, and unless he can nip that in the bud, he may start trending downward here real quick.

If Obama does win the nomination, then I think if he keeps Kerry's states, plus grabs a southern state or two, then he'll be #44. God I hope not, but it's certainly possible.

kc135topboom

Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:35 am

Doing what? If New York didn't have Rudy, you would have nothing.

OVER-RATED! Rudy didn't do squat since 9/11 for NYC.

It seems the FDNY, NYPD and PANYNJ all disagree with you.

If Hillary was so bad, why did she get re-elected by such a big margian? She's even been very popular in traditional GOP areas, simply because she has worked hard for her constituents. You may not like her, but to say what you did is simply losing touch with reality.

I could have won against the guy she ran against in 2006. She is not "popular" with the NY Republicans, nor is she "popular" upstate.

Worked hard? At what? What has she done for NY?

Obama's youth and charisma may be the deciding factor.

That's all he has. He does not put his positions on issues up, except for he is against the war.

What is Obama's position on:
Social Security?
Healthcare?
Defense?
Tax reductions?
Terorism?
Federal Judges?
States Rights?
Size of the Federal Government?
Economy?
Oil exploration?
and other issues?

The only thing I have heard Obama talk about is a little on healthcare. There he seems to say the exact same thing as Hillary does.

I am thinking now that, for the long term good of the US, perhaps it is best that Obama gets elected as the POTUS. The whole country will then learn what it is like to have a do nothing Congress and President. Then in 2010 the Republicans can re-take Congress, and then the White House in 2012.

RJdxer

Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:08 am

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 37):
The whole country will then learn what it is like to have a do nothing Congress and President.

We've already been there, 1977-1981, we are almost in the same financial position as well. We don't need to repeat that period of history.

kc135topboom

Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:09 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 35):
It was actually pretty smart on her part to do what she did and foolish for Obama.

No, she's the foolish one. Every voter in the country knows she agreed with Obama and Edwards not to run in Michigan or Florida. She broke her word to her fellow Democrats, and the entire country noticed it.  liar 

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 38):
We've already been there, 1977-1981, we are almost in the same financial position as well. We don't need to repeat that period of history.

Ahhhh yes, the Carter years. Fire side chats, cartigan sweaters and Billy Beer.  banghead 

Elite

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Her entire campaign is now depending on a few states, something Giuliani did, and it's either win or bust.

halls120

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 35):
Oh course not. Let's face it the Clintons have not got to where they have from being stupid. They play the game as good as anyone. She knew that Florida will be on that floor screaming for their delegates to be seated. It was actually pretty smart on her part to do what she did and foolish for Obama. Florida is huge.

If the democratic party seat delegates from Florida and Michigan, there will be a blood bath on the convention floor.

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 37):
That's all he has. He does not put his positions on issues up, except for he is against the war.

Have you visited his website? His positions on the issues are stated quite clearly.

Quote:
Obama believes that the first place to look for ways to strengthen Social Security is the payroll tax system. Currently, the Social Security payroll tax applies to only the first $97,500 a worker makes. Obama supports increasing the maximum amount of earnings covered by Social Security and he will work with Congress and the American people to choose a payroll tax reform package that will keep Social Security solvent for at least the next half century.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/socialsecurity/

767Lover

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:56 pm

Hillary, like her husband Bill, will lie, cheat, and steal, to get back into power. They do not care about anyone or anything except getting back into power.

Most of my family voted for Hillary in the primary. (I voted Obama.) What bugs me is that many of my family members constantly rail on Bush and other Republicans for conniving, but Hillary's behavior regarding the Florida primary was nothing short of conniving---yet she gets a pass.

I guess rules are only made to be broken if you're a liberal.

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 20):
I just see Clinton as the least likely able to unite our country of the three. She is simply too devisive.

checkmark  I worry about what will happen if she is elected.

KFLLCFII

Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:14 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 41):

Quoting KC135TopBoom:

Have you visited his website? His positions on the issues are stated quite clearly.

Why am I having this sudden flashback to 2004?

Charles79

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Quoting Cfalk (Reply 3):
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

vote against the Queen Bitch.

Why is it necessary for her opponents to resort to such childish comments and rude behavior? Most folks that oppose her use terms like "bitch" or "witch" or "queen", etc, turning this into a gender issue. It shows the lack of intellect, education, and overall civility when men display such a fear to have a woman in a leading role. It's ok to vote against her and to disagree with her, but to turn the race into a gender campaign and using those terms is below civilized behavior. And it's for the same reasons why even though I disagree with a lot of the decisions made by Bush I object to names like the "village idiot" or "moron". A person's job execution should be criticized, but not at such a personal level.

As for the topic at hand, I'm a Hillary fan and do hope that she still has a chance. Like already stated by others she will need wins in TX, OH, and PA, though. I hope she does!

Charles