Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rjpieces
Topic Author

Ahmadinejad Steps Up Attacks On Israel, Again.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:34 am

Just in case anyone thought that the President of Iran's rant was a one time thing, it is worth reminding everyone here that it has become a pretty constant thing...Pretty disgusting comment for any world leader to say, and it does not further Iran's case that it wants to live at peace with its neighbors...

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g_nrxYSrTbp_LIZcVU4VGCBpQ0hQ

TEHRAN (AFP) --- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Wednesday called Israel a "dirty microbe" and "savage animal", as Iran stepped up its rhetoric against the Jewish state after the murder of a top Hezbollah commander.

"World powers have created a black and dirty microbe named the Zionist regime and have unleashed it like a savage animal on the nations of the region," Ahmadinejad told a rally in the southern city of Bandar Abbas broadcast on state television.

The commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, Mohammad Ali Jafari, on Monday had predicted Lebanese Shiite militant group Hezbollah would destroy Israel in the near future.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Falcon84

RE: Ahmadinejad Steps Up Attacks On Israel, Again.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:49 am

I guess he's jealous that the U.S. elections are getting so much attention these days.  Yeah sure
Work Right, Fly Hard

a380us

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:59 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
I guess he's jealous that the U.S. elections are getting so much attention these days. Yeah sure

C

exactley
www.JandACosmetics.com

jetjack74

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
I guess he's jealous that the U.S. elections are getting so much attention these days.

Well he and Barack Obama can have a bit of chin-wag. He'll sort him out. Wink
Made from jets!

AF340

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:50 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 3):
Well he and Barack Obama can have a bit of chin-wag. He'll sort him out.

That would be interesting!

I am eager to watch and see what he does (or says he's going to do), hopefully nothing will come of his threats.

Liam spin 

kaitak

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:45 pm

Or perhaps he is appealing to a home audience; the vibes I'm getting from Iran (limited though they are) suggest his star is falling quickly; elections are due next month and some moderates have been allowed to contest, so all signs suggest that he is in for a drubbing. Khamenei has criticised him publicly, so he is pretty much in the doghouse and the best he can do is to appeal to his "constituency", which is the extremist lobby who lap up this kind of gibberish.

So, as egregious and despicable as his comments are, they neither surprise me nor concern me as much as similar comments this time last year. He's on the way out ...

SBBRTech

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:55 pm

This is getting old. Mahmoud must be desperate seeing he's losing ground. And notice the racist vibe implied in "black microbe"....wtf, can't microbes be black anymore?
"I'm beginning to get the hang of this flying business" - C3PO