Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Do You Like Where You Live?

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:28 am

Simple question.

For me the only thing I like about where I live is my job and the fact that I can walk to work, the supermarket, and the gym.
I don't take responsibility at all

CastleIsland

RE: Do You Like Where You Live?

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:43 am

Absolutely love it. A three minute walk to:

Gourmet Wine and Cheese store
Gourmet butcher and market
Drug Store
Regular supermarket
Convenience store
Walgreen's
2 Irish pubs (one a dive with Rock & Roll every night)
1 Gourmet Pan-American restaurant
1 Gourmet Spanish Tapas restaurant

5-7 minute walk away:

Bukowski tavern
Ole Mexicana grill (best guacamole I've ever had)
Another Irish pub with the best burgers in the Boston area
Gas Station (OK, I don't walk there often)

Art, music, food, books, movies...

[Edited 2008-02-21 21:51:33]
"People don't do what they believe in, they just do what's most convenient, then they repent." - Dylan

LTU932

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:53 am

Not really. Even with the new police presence, it's can become dangerous, especially during the night, and then there are constant construction works to build new houses.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

BR715-A1-30

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:57 am

Eldorado, IL.....

I HATE IT!!!! THIS TOWN IS THE BIGGEST SHITHOLE I HAVE EVER LIVED IN!!!!!!!
Puhdiddle

kc135topboom

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:01 am

I don't really care to much about living in Texas. It does have some good points, great state parks, Galveston, and even Fort Worth is a fairly good small city. But, Dallas has some of the highest crime rates in the country (#4 behind Washington,DC, NYC and LA). San Antonio is a tourest trap, Houston is too big, and Austin is just a creepy kind of town.

I lived in New Hampshire before I moved to Texas, I may go back there.

lobster

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:18 am

I like where I live for the most part. Winters can get pretty long when the high is below zero for days on end. It may be the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" but were only able to swim in them for about 3 1/2 months. When I get done with the military, I'm going to try and move to Ireland. I have a ton of friends there and just like being there.

Cory6188

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:19 am

Well, at the moment, I spend 9 months out of the year in Hanover, NH, so I guess that it'd probably be most accurate to say that I live here instead of home in NJ.

Simply stated, it's fantastic. Hanover is a little utopian community with a picturesque main street, upscale shops and restaurants, and a beautiful setting. Furthermore, it's incredibly safe -- you can wander around at 3 am with nothing to worry about. Furthermore, we have the Dartmouth Skiway just 20 minutes away, the Connecticut River 5 minutes from the center of town/campus to go canoeing and kayaking, and all sorts of outdoorsy stuff available within a short drive from town.

And although it's a bit rural, the town of West Lebanon, NH -- about 15 minutes away -- has nearly every chain store one could possibly need, so Hanover really isn't all that isolated in reality. And, it's only 2.5 hours away from Boston, with a bus that runs 7x a day to South Station and Logan right from town.

Cory6188

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:20 am

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 4):
I lived in New Hampshire before I moved to Texas, I may go back there.

Wow, NH and TX -- talk about a significant change in scene.

Where did you used to live in New Hampshire?

foppishbum

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:26 am

I live in Davis, CA. It's a pure college town although there is a small population of residents who have nothing to do with UC Davis. To be honest, I don't think I'll live here if it weren't because I'm attending UCD. There's nothing wrong with the town but I just feel suffocating at times. I mean, I practically bump into people I know everywhere I go. Not particularly good if bumping into ex's LOL (not that I'm worried about it). I'm more of a NYC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle big city kinda guy. Before moving here, I live in Los Angeles...a BIG change! And before LA, I lived in Taipei, which is also a pretty damn big city. Big grin

Cheers..
TPE X LAX X NYC :airplane:

AR385

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:32 am

I live in Monterrey and I hate it. I call it the "Galapagos Islands" which you all know is an isolated place that had its own lifeforms evolve on their own. The city I live in is similar.

[Edited 2008-02-21 22:37:36]

asuflyer05

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:48 am

Scottsdale isn't bad. There's plenty to do. Lots of outdoor stuff, good food, nice weather, low cost of living. That being said, I'm not married to living here. If the right opportunity presented itself I could see myself ending up in San Diego, the LA area or maybe even Seattle.

sunshine79

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:10 am

I love it here. I can walk everywhere that I need to go to. I'm 50 metres from the beach and I have these views everyday:

Big version: Width: 576 Height: 768 File size: 72kb

Big version: Width: 768 Height: 576 File size: 52kb

[Edited 2008-02-21 23:21:02]
Formerly alcregular, Why drive when you can fly?

AOMlover

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:10 am

There aren't enough words to say how much I love where I live !

Everything is great:

- The City: Shanghai is absolutely amazing. So lively, changing everyday, so scenic...

- My flat: big and nice, with friendly flatmates. The sight from my room on the 21st floor is superb, I can see skyscrapers everywhere and especially the Marriott tower.

- The location: 20mn from my workplace, and 5 mn to People's Square, in the very center of the city. The subway station is a 5mn walk and the railway station is not too far either.

- The neighbourhood: Although I live in the heart of Shanghai there are lots of small traditional neighbourhoods all around. How long before they're taken down, I can't say unfortunately.

Finally: lots of restaurants, street food, supermarkets all around...I wouldn't live anywhere else !

jetjack74

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:25 am

I love it here in Seattle. I've been here 8 years and never regretted moving here. It has everything I could want, mountains, trees, water, a great downtown area. Has Boeing, so I can keep up on who's getting what and when it's getting delivered. The people are great, has most major sports teams here although we're about to lose the Sonics. We just need an NHL team here. I can do without the basketball team. The weather sucks during winter, but it makes up for it in the summer.
Made from jets!

AirTranTUS

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:29 am

Tucson is nice, but more people are discovering it and with no desire to make a better public transport system, it will not be nice in 10 years.

For example: I-10 through the city is being widened to 4 lanes in each direction, but no carpool lane. One option would be to create some sort of rail system connecting the two extremes of the city to downtown, where people could then take a bus to their jobs. It would have the potential to remove many cars from the road.

Another option is to build an I-10 bypass around the north of the city (north of the mountains) so transient vehicles do not have to go through the city, reducing congestion. Many people are against this because they think that such a bypass will cause the land it goes through to be built up. I think they are afraid for no reason. All that is needed a is 2 lanes in each direction with a shoulder. No gas stations, stores, nothing. Just like many roads in west Texas. There is also the idea of extending the bypass so Phoenix can be avoided as well and people in Arizona by consequence can avoid the two largest cities. I would love to see this plan come into fruition, but think certain self-centered NIMBY's will get in the way as always.
I love ASO!

Aaron747

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:14 am

This area is fantastic...I can't begin to name the reasons why Nagoya is so great.

Transport? I live 17 km from the city center in the suburbs yet it takes me 25 minutes door to door to get to work and my office is smack in the middle of downtown. Japanese public transportation is just awesome. And since this area has only 1/3 the population of Tokyo, I can usually make my commute without the crushing crowds...though evenings can still be somewhat messy. And of course, for a good dose of aviation, we've got the best observation deck in the country down at NGO and a fantastic annual JASDF air show at Gifu AB every autumn.

Location? Hard to beat. The Pacific is an hour to the south, the Sea of Japan less than two hours to the north. We have mountains to the west, north and east and the mountains to the east just happen to be Nagano's Central Alps...home to some of the best skiing and snowboarding anywhere in East Asia. When people come to visit, Kyoto's cultural treasures are just 40 minutes away. Osaka's another 20 minutes and if we want real excitement, Tokyo's only an hour and 40 minutes away in the other direction.

Amenities: Not very much here in the way of import shopping compared to Tokyo but there's still enough to get us by. Four supermarkets in town that carry only items from overseas and there's always Costco in Osaka if we really need anything badly. Not to mention all the typically great Japanese bargain shopping that this area's famous for. There's two outlet malls within an hour of here that are only European and American brands as well.

The downsides are fairly limited...few ethnic restaurants with the exception of a plethora of Chinese, Korean, Indian, Italian and Thai...but compared to Tokyo and Osaka, the Mexican, Russian, and Middle Eastern offerings are few and far between. For entertainment it's more bleak here as well...Tokyo obviously has an incredible club scene and all of the best concerts, we're lucky if anyone worth seeing ever comes down here.

Not really a fan of the weather either, but that may be more due to my Californian origins than anything else. The brutally dry winter and ridiculous heat and humidity of summer are somewhat bothersome, as are the six or seven typhoons that look like they're coming this way and never actually do.

And though nobody else has mentioned it - love my friends, co-workers, and the watering holes we all typically frequent.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

ag92

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:14 am

Do I have a choice but to say yes?

Yes I do like the place because it offers great security and education

flymia

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:21 am

Well where I am at school is great.
4 minute walk to the White House and the National Mall.
5 Minute walk to two different Metro Stations.
Many places within in walking distance to eat shop have fun on the weekend etc..
15 minute $12 cab ride or 20 minute metro ride to DCA.
I get to see planes landing at DCA all the time.
I live across the street from the world bank and organizations of American States.
Very international city.
My hometown Miami where I live.
10 minute drive to South Beach
8 Minute drive to Downtown
15 minute drive to MIA
Right on Biscayne Bay
Right in the middle of the city but a nice quiet safe neighborhood.
Amazing City, great weather, very diverse/ international feel, not to packed though I love driving my car around. Great sights, great night life, lots of sports and lots of things in the region to do.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

HAWK21M

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:25 am

Mumbai/Bombay may not be the best place to live in.But I'm very happy out here & that matters.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

bwest

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:35 am

How could I not like this ?  Smile

CupraIbiza

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:51 am

not one mention of planes by anyone so far? What sort of enthusiasts frequent this site  Smile

I live directly under the flightpath of runway 34 here in MEL. When the runway was closed for a month 2 years ago to make it A380 ready I felt like I had lost an old friend - plus the silence was deafening.
I work less than 10 minutes away which also happens to be a 2 minute drive from the MEL viewing area so whenever I can I am able to nip down for some plane spotting at lunchtime.

Melbourne has been a sensational city to be born in, educated in and grow up in. However decades of under investment in infrastructure and the city is starting to suffer. Public transport is crowded, slow and unreliable. Housing is near impossible to find for renting and unaffordable for purchasing. The main nightspots are now a no go zone after 1am. Plus we have Corey Worthington
Everyday is a gift…… but why does it have to be a pair of socks?

signol

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:57 am

Yes, I like where I live.
The city of Norwich has everything you will need:
shops, cinemas, pubs, restaurants, good sized city centre, localised nightlife districts. Less than 2hours from London by frequent train, 45mins to AMS by plane, (lovely small airport), historic castle, cathedrals, modern public buildings (eg the Forum). From my house I can walk to all (including airport) the above within 1 hour (city centre in 30 mins) or cycle in 25 mins. Good football team  Wink
I know so many people that studied at the university here then never left... It is known as the "graveyard of ambition"  Smile
Out of the city, the Norfolk Broads offer rivers and lakes for boating, and the coast is 45 mins away with stunning beaches (eg. Holkham, the one at the end of "Shakespeare in Love").

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

pilotdude09

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 pm

I live in Western Aus in a "Mining town" i absolutley hate it, horrible place.

The whole town is imploding, rents are up over 2.5k a week, houses are a million dollars and we are talking about a town with 16,000 people in it!!!!

But i get paid EXTREMELY well for what i do, get a few free trips a year, so i like that aspect i just hate the town, everthing isnt coping with the demand.
Qantas, Still calling Australia Home.........

Toast

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 6):
Hanover, NH

Hey, that's where Bill Bryson used to live. He describes the town in great and hilarious detail in "Notes from a big country". Sure makes me want to go see it one day.

I live currently live in a Brussels to Strasbourg Eurocity train. My house is a bit wobbly and I have to share the toilet with other people, but it's fun to find yourself in a different place each time you step out to strech your legs.  Smile
Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits

signol

Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 pm

Quoting Toast (Reply 23):
Hey, that's where Bill Bryson used to live. He describes the town in great and hilarious detail in "Notes from a big country".

He's moved to a village just outside Norwich. See, the man has great taste  Smile

signol
Flights booked: NWI-AMS-JNB-DUR, JNB-AMS-NWI

HeavyMX1

Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:43 pm

Love it
closest walmart is 45 mins away (not to many people can say that)
quiet
water
wildlife
hour to dc,balt,va

http://www.pilotphoto.com/images/pics/chesa006.jpg
I am better than you because I live on an Island

planesarecool

Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Let's see:

Nearest shop: 20 minutes walk/2 minute drive
Nearest pub: 40 minutes walk/5 minute drive
Nearest railway station: 15 minutes drive
Nearest supermarket: 20 minutes drive
Nearest shopping centre: 25 minutes drive
Nearest nightclub: 30 minutes drive
My local football team play in the West Sussex League Division 4 North

In other words, no, simply because I live in the middle of nowhere.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:08 pm

I don't really care to much about living in Texas.

Amen to that.

Houston is too big

It's just an endless expanse of suburbia with a ghost town downtown and obscene weather.

Quoting AR385 (Reply 9):
I live in Monterrey and I hate it. I

Interesting. I've visited MTY and thought it looked nice but then again a lot of people visit Florida and love it and I HATED living in Florida, and Houston is like Florida minus the coast.

STT757

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm born in NYC and raised in the New Jersey suburbs (Western Monmouth County), where I live is very affluent and there are lots of things to do. On the weekends my wife and I go into Hoboken, Manhattan, Atlantic City or Bucks County PA. Manhattan is 45 minutes North, Philadelphia is 50 minutes Southwest and Atlantic City is an hour and ten minutes Southeast. So there's plenty of stuff, however living here almost my entire (save one year in Fairfax County Virginia) 32 year life I'm bored.

My Wife's Sisters, parents etc are all here in New Jersey. My Parents are also here but are retired and looking to move to a warmer climate.

If I were not married I would save for about a year or two and move to either the Pacific Northwest or Northern California, the natural beauty there just amazes me every time I go West. I also really appreciate the more laid back atmosphere. I don't think my wife would want to be that far from her family (we talked about it), however some friends of ours from High School moved to Florida. While it's not the West Coast and its disgustingly humid in the Summer Florida might be an option, not sure.

If not I would just like to get out of the suburbs and move to Hoboken, the night life, the urban setting, proximity to Manhattan and and the young affluent crowd make it very appealing to myself and my wife (who was born and raised in Hoboken). So perhaps if we can save enough $$$ we could afford to buy a nice place there. Hoboken is a great little town (mile square) across from Lower Manhattan full of young affluent adults, and is home to a lot of celebrities like Eli Manning, Artie Lange and now Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod).
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

kmh1956

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Quoting CastleIsland (Reply 1):
Another Irish pub with the best burgers in the Boston area

Ok...where's that?
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

SBBRTech

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Don't mind living in Brasília-DF, but I'd rather be in the seaside. I miss the old days when there were no traffic jams and public transport actually worked. Also more than a decade of a crazy mega-corrupted local gov't transformed the outskirts in a mix of Fallujah with Cachaça. Pretty sad.
"I'm beginning to get the hang of this flying business" - C3PO

Braybuddy

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Yep!

Sea: seven minute walk.
Mountains: twenty minute drive.
City centre: one hour drive (depending on traffic!)
Dublin Airport: one and a half hours.
Rest of Europe: 1-3 hours.
Rest of the world: little bit longer . . .

767Lover

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Austin is just a creepy kind of town.

How so?

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 13):
although we're about to lose the Sonics.

Really? I thought Bill Gates was a huge fan...he would let it leave the city?

KPWM

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:39 pm

No I do not like where I live. It's too cold. I would prefer to live in a warmer place.

B747forever

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Quoting KPWM (Reply 34):

The same here. Too cold sometimes. Otherwise it is good.
Work Hard, Fly Right
1052 flights/294 airports/180 airlines
14 booked/+6 airports/+5 airlines

trekster

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:47 pm

Tis ok I guess.

Still getting used to it as not been here long. I live in West Drayton a few miles from LHR
Where does the time go???

egmcman

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Rochford is ok, I don't spend a lot of time as I work in Southend and tend to shop there. There is a Sommferfeild down stair in the building which I use occasionally. My train journey to work takes around eight minutes and I always get a seat. I always look at SEN every time I go past. It takes an hour and half to go to STN. Rochford itself is an old market town and has preserved buildings.

LHboyatDTW

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Cons:
The road infrastructure is kinda crappy around here. It's either there are potholes everywhere or it's a lot of construction and I'm not even mentioning the dozens of traffic circles that are popping up around here.
People here barely know how to drive.
The weather could be better, but I'm used to the cold.
Our economy is crap. I don't see it changing for the better by the time I'm done with college.
People here are some serious type-As that drive me up the wall.
Too much suburban sprawl. It does make getting things more convenient, but I am hating the crowds.

Pros:
Fairly scenic in the north
Decent airport
Canada is only a 45 minute drive away

So at least it is not too bad when I can think of the ways to get away from this hellhole
The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

austinairport

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Absolutely love Central Texas!!!
We live out in the country. We have a 10 minute drive to Temple..where you can find anything you need =]
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:21 pm

Quoting LHboyatDTW (Reply 37):
People here barely know how to drive.

That's true everywhere

sk601

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Thread starter):

Yes......

- 15 minutes drive (car) from The Hague
- 40 minutes from Rotterdam
- 30 minutes from Amsterdam
- 20 minutes from Schiphol Airport (where I work)
- 90 minutes from Antwerpen
- 2 minute walk to several shops
- 5 minutes bike ride from swimming pool/gym
- 10 minutes away from the beach

negative:
- no good restaurants (...but that's basically true for the whole of The Netherlands)
- traffic is toooooooooo busy.
- noisy neighbour (terrible if you work shifts and need to sleep during the day)

ScarletHarlot

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:57 pm

Quoting Lobster (Reply 5):
I like where I live for the most part.

You are in Brainerd, correct? That part of the world has amazing natural beauty - such as the silver birch forests in the fall or a -40 clear day in winter - but at least some of the cities are dying and run down, such as Thunder Bay, my hometown.

I live 45 minutes NE of downtown Seattle. I do love it here. Our neighbourhood owns 300 acres in total with 2/3 acre lots for each of 60 houses, so we have a lot of untouched forest. We have all kinds of birdies and critters that come by on a regular basis, including a bobcat. He is absolutely beautiful. It's pretty quiet - there is a freeway near us, but it is only heavily travelled at rush hours. I can sleep soundly with the windows open in the summer.

I like Seattle a lot. It really is a beautiful place. As Jetjack said the winter weather sucks but then you get a sunny day like today and you are reminded of why you live here. The summers are amazing - clear, dry and not too hot. The population is progressive and the slower pace is really nice. It's also great to live in such a casual place. You can wear black jeans to the fanciest restaurant in town.

The traffic can suck, because we have lots of jobs and hundreds of thousands of people have moved to the area over the past 15 years or so, and infrastructure has not kept up. We also seem to need to have consensus before anything can happen politically, so nothing happens. The 520 bridge is going to have to break before anybody can actually agree on how to fix it.

The economy is doing pretty well and it's great to live in a place where the future looks bright.

The only thing I do not like is that I live in the US and not Canada. I hope to move to Vancouver at some point in the not too distant future.
But that was when I ruled the world

RobertNL070

Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:42 pm

Quoting SK601 (Reply 40):
- 15 minutes drive (car) from The Hague
- 40 minutes from Rotterdam
- 30 minutes from Amsterdam
- 20 minutes from Schiphol Airport (where I work)
- 90 minutes from Antwerpen

Leiden (area)?

Quoting SK601 (Reply 40):
- no good restaurants (...but that's basically true for the whole of The Netherlands)

Oh come on, it's not that bad  hissyfit 

I like where I live!

I adore my house, a three-storey town house on one the few canals left in The Hague. Five minutes walk from all the usual town centre pleasures and amenities. A 20-minute bike ride to the beach. Six hours by car and train (Channel Tunnel) to my mother's home just outside of London.

Only one real negative: the Dutch countryside is a bit 'bare'. Its a veritable miracle that so much land has been (re)claimed from the sea, but I do miss the rolling Chiltern Hills where I spent my teens.
Born to be wild ...... until about 9 p.m.
Home = RTM, Rotterdam The Hague.

andaman

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:11 pm

I like most of the things in Helsinki and my neighbourhood: well organized, safe, compact, relaxed. The long dark winters are a bit too much, then you just have to get your sun therapy somewhere else.

- 3 minutes to the subway station
- 15 minutes to the city center by foot
- 60 minutes to the airport
- +3h to LHR
- +7h to DEL
- +10h to BKK

In a sunny day my neighbourhood looks like this, a nice area by the sea and especially happy also affordable houses available:

[Edited 2008-02-22 13:21:07]
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:39 pm

Quoting Andaman (Reply 43):
- 60 minutes to the airport

During which you can watch the sun rise *and* set in the winter Silly

andaman

Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 44):

During which you can watch the sun rise *and* set in the winter

In mid winter the shortest day last around 6h in Helsinki but with clouds it sure feels like 60 min sometimes.. 
On the other hand in summer the sun is still up in the evening 9pm when you go in a bar - and it's up again when you get out at 4am   

[Edited 2008-02-22 13:59:13]
Chinese cookie in SFO: "You're doomed to a life of forever travelling abroad and to be able to afford it!"

MCOflyer

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Well yes and no:

I live in Rockledge and the best thing we have is the avenue. While Viera is fast expanding it gets boring very easy. the prices are freaking outrages. Here is the web site:

http://www.theavenuealist.com/FindAn...eAvenueViera/tabid/86/Default.aspx

Good: Lots of food and shopping

Bad: This is a fad town

Hunter
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

pawsleykat

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:07 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Thread starter):

In one word? Naw;

Whitburn's a minging wee dirty town. It's over run with NEDs [idiots] that seem to like to spoil other people's lives for the fun of it.

I actual cannot wait to go to University,  rotfl 

JG  Smile
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

lobster

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 41):

You are in Brainerd, correct?

I was, but moved back home to Eveleth. Even colder and snowier  Smile

Brainerd is nice, but it's getting overrun by tourists and weekender's. I like home though, not all the lake shore is covered with houses and 10 minutes out of town and your in the middle of now where. Solitude.

OA260

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:21 pm

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 31):
Yep!

Sea: seven minute walk.
Mountains: twenty minute drive.
City centre: one hour drive (depending on traffic!)
Dublin Airport: one and a half hours.
Rest of Europe: 1-3 hours.
Rest of the world: little bit longer . . .

LOL....sounds like my home !!! Except im North of you .....