Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flynavy
Topic Author

VA Targeting Adults Who French Kiss Minors

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:29 pm

I wasn't even aware this was an issue! I mean, chances are, a sex offender would probably go "all the way" with a minor rather than just stopping at french kissing, so I guess this legislation makes sense.

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. - Virginia state legislators passed a law Saturday that would require adults who French kiss a child younger than 13 to register as a sex offender.

Those convicted of tongue-kissing a child would be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a $2,500 fine. The House of Delegates passed the legislation 96-1 and the Senate 39-0.

The bill now heads to Gov. Timothy M. Kaine, who said he supports the legislation.

Delagate Riley Ingram, R-Hopewell, introduced the bill on behalf of a woman whose 10-year-old daughter was French-kissed by the 62-year-old husband of her babysitter.

The only crime prosecutors could charge the man with was contributing to the delinquency of a minor, which did not require that he register as a sex offender.

Full article at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23541454/  puckerup 
Change is: one airline, six continents!

JGPH1A

RE: VA Targeting Adults Who French Kiss Minors

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Euuwww - that's just gross, and deserves to be treated as a sexual offence. Some people are just sick.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

eicvd

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):

Very true.  vomit 
COYBIB

OA260

Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 1):
Euuwww - that's just gross, and deserves to be treated as a sexual offence. Some people are just sick.

Id even go further . I think that sex offenders who molest children should be given the death penalty . Its like rape or murder IMHO !!!

Farnborough24

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 3):
Id even go further . I think that sex offenders who molest children should be given the death penalty . Its like rape or murder IMHO !!!

Did I miss something? Because I don't remember us executing rapists or murderers...!

But yes, agree with the comments. You'd have to be a sex offender, very probably capable of worse acts, to be a fully grown adult and want to fully kiss a 12 year old kid. Not right at all.
My Saab 9000-the chav eater!

luv2cattlecall

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:50 pm

I feel bad for all the future decoys on "To Catch a Predator."

I must admit that the "VA" in the title made me wonder if this is some crazy marketing campaign by Richard Branson gone too far!

JGPH1A

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Quoting Luv2cattlecall (Reply 5):
I must admit that the "VA" in the title made me wonder if this is some crazy marketing campaign by Richard Branson gone too far!

I thought it was some new moral campaign by the Veterans Administration ! Those naughty veterans. Go figure  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

lowrider

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Who is the one person in the House of Delegates who voted against it? I would like to hear the rest of that story.
Proud OOTSK member

Go3Team

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Reminds me of those "What's Grosser Than Gross?" stuff we used to play as a kid, one of them was: kissing your grandmother and she slips you the tongue.
Yay Pudding!

luv2cattlecall

Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:56 pm

Quoting Lowrider (Reply 7):
Who is the one person in the House of Delegates who voted against it? I would like to hear the rest of that story.

See: Foley, Mark

bok269

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:29 am

My one concern with this law is that it will be used against teenage males engaged in relationships with younger females. Obviously a 13-18 relationship is a little bit of a stretch, but there are exceptions, and there is no reason that such relations should be illegal.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

WrenchBender

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:38 am

Quoting Bok269 (Reply 10):
My one concern with this law is that it will be used against teenage males engaged in relationships with younger females. Obviously a 13-18 relationship is a little bit of a stretch, but there are exceptions, and there is no reason that such relations should be illegal.

Just wait for some prosecutor with an axe to grind, push sexual predator charges on a streaker at some sporting event just because kids are in the crowd. (Don't laugh I heard a guy saying that at the USA 7's in San Diego)

WrenchBender

Edit: Spelling

[Edited 2008-03-09 20:39:23]
Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......

bok269

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:07 am

Quoting WrenchBender (Reply 11):
Just wait for some prosecutor with an axe to grind, push sexual predator charges on a streaker at some sporting event just because kids are in the crowd. (Don't laugh I heard a guy saying that at the USA 7's in San Diego)

Unfortunately it has happened and will continue to happen unless the laws are changed in this country. We need nationwide Age gap provisions and mistaken age defenses.
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

pawsleykat

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:43 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 3):
I think that sex offenders who molest children should be given the death penalty . Its like rape or murder IMHO !!!

I agree that more should be done to punish people who sexually abuse children, because it's just sick.
But the death penalty doesn't solve anything, it just makes the government as bad as the criminal.

Although, I thought people that french-kissed minors would already have been put on the sex-offender's register; makes sense..

JG  Yeah sure
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

OA260

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:52 am

Quoting Pawsleykat (Reply 13):
I agree that more should be done to punish people who sexually abuse children, because it's just sick.
But the death penalty doesn't solve anything, it just makes the government as bad as the criminal.

We have a duty to protect the vulnerable and make sure this thing does not happen. I see whats going on in Jersey at present and its so hard to watch. To hear the victims who were silenced after all these years and some of them are 40 and are still suffering today.

cloudy

Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Do European countries register sex offenders also? I wonder if we are not going overboard here in the states. As has been mentioned, a lot of sex offenses can be made more or less severe depending upon the context. We are giving people who do things like moon a crowd when drunk the same scarlet letter we give to someone who rapes a four year old. Both acts deserve to be punished, but not to the same degree. Like in all crimes, there are degrees of severity in sex crimes. A lot of Americans don't seem to understand this. When they see someone on the registry, they are automatically assumed to be an irredeemable monster. Since there are so many ways to become a registered sex offender today, that is only true of a small minority of them. In some states, even statutory rape can put you on the registry. An example of this would be 19 year old who has consensual sex with a 16 year old. Its a bad thing to do but nothing to ruin someone's life over.

oly720man

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:19 pm

Quoting Cloudy (Reply 15):
Do European countries register sex offenders also?

I the UK there's a sex offenders register, but it's only on a need to know basis, not public.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...jan/18/childrensservices.politics1

There are calls in some quarters for the whereabouts of offenders to be made known so the local residents are aware, but there's a sad history of vigilante attacks (as often as not on the wrong person) the moronic attacking of a paediatrician's office (because paed = paedophile presumably) amongst other things that makes free access to such information unlikely.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain