Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

andrej
Topic Author

RE: NY Governor Spitzer Involved In Prostitution R

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 46):

I just don't think he should lose his job over it.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 47):

Ordinary men don't spend $5,000.00 on a hooker.

Well lets agree to disagree then!

EDIT: When Gov. McGreevy admitted to his sexual relationship (adultery maybe?) he resigned. And rumors have it that he will resign as well. Shame because I really liked the guy.

Also I am upset because I would have never expected anything from Spitzer and I supported him while he was running for governor. Again I am not out to get him, but rather I wanted to have a discussion about this news.

And Superfly is right that there were other scandals that were more disgusting that his one on both sides. But it should not take away from this one. I know that FoxNews and others have just got ammunition and will take it to their advantage.

[Edited 2008-03-10 13:30:15]

Newark777

RE: NY Governor Spitzer Involved In Prostitution Ring

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 49):
And even if it's not true, he now knows what it's like to be the victim of a Spitzer-esque smear campaign. So it works out for everybody

The guys I know in the NY finance industry are loving this right now.  Wink

767Lover

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:29 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 15):
Not joking at all.

Fly,

I think the thing that has everyone "wowed" is that Spitzer had actually prosecuted prostitution rings in the past.

From the New York Times:

As attorney general, he also had prosecuted at least two prostitution rings as head of the state’s organized crime task force.

In one such case in 2004, Mr. Spitzer spoke with revulsion and anger after announcing the arrest of 16 people for operating a high-end prostitution ring out of Staten Island.

“This was a sophisticated and lucrative operation with a multitiered management structure,” Mr. Spitzer said at the time. “It was, however, nothing more than a prostitution ring.”

jetjack74

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 22):
You can't compare business ethics with one's personal love life.

Oh here it is, rationlisation. it's ok for someone(as long as it's a Democrat) on the public payroll to go whoring for prostitutes, but lets string up the Republican for the toe-tapping in in the MSP rest-room or sex with a WH page. That's ok with you. So in your estimation, weren't the past transgretions strictly between Mr and Mrs Craig, or between Mr and Mrs Foley? As I recall from your trip report to MSP, you remember, the one where you gleefully reported on the MSP mens room where the Larry Craig incident apparently took place and took pictures about it, had some pretty harsh charges thrown around about decency Larry Craig, NWA DC9, Midwest 717 And Lots Of Beer (by Superfly Nov 28 2007 in Trip Reports)

Quoting AirTranTUS (Reply 37):
If he was a republican, you would be all over him. Just imagine he is, and use that reasoning to answer your question.

Yes he would.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 41):
Prostitution, outside of Nevada, is illegal n'est-ce pas?

Yes, but it's none of our business according to him

jetjack74

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:35 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 46):
I just don't think he should lose his job over it

That's not why I think he should've lost his job. I think he should've lost his job for perjury. That's the only problem I had with Clinton. Hd he just been honest, I wouldn't have cared one way or the other. I thought he should've been left alone, but was really pissed when it ll came out that he lied under oath.

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:36 pm

Quoting Andrej (Reply 48):
I do believe that as married man you should not pay for a hooker and if you do, you are a failure. You failed your wife and the trust between her and yourself. You may and probably have different view.

I actually agree with this and it is one of the reasons I am not married.  Smile

My point though is that this is a question of morality that (as Fly said) should only be between him and his wife. If they don't want to reelect him based upon his morals, fine. But this is his job and he should have the opportunity to finish it.

Again, this crime has only hurt his relationship with his wife and no one else. Soliciting prostitution is a misdemeanor. If he was speeding 20 miles over and got a ticket would this be as big a deal (with the possibility of causing a huge accident)? No, because it is people's perception of what is morally right that cloud their judgements on this issue.

This hurt no one, does not affect his ability or integrity to do his job, and is only newsworthy because of the word SEX.

MaverickM11

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 42):
Not true at all.

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 53):
Oh here it is, rationlisation. it's ok for someone(as long as it's a Democrat)

Putting words in people's mouth.

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 53):
but lets string up the Republican for the toe-tapping in in the MSP rest-room or sex with a WH page. That's ok with you. So in your estimation, weren't the past transgretions strictly between Mr and Mrs Craig, or between Mr and Mrs Foley? As I recall from your trip report to MSP, you remember, the one where you gleefully reported on the MSP mens room where the Larry Craig incident apparently took place and took pictures about it, had some pretty harsh charges thrown around about decency
Larry Craig, NWA DC9, Midwest 717 And Lots Of Beer (by Superfly Nov 28 2007 in Trip Reports)

Do you realize how pathetic you sound at this point Jack?
You are saying that soliciting sex from a stranger in a public restroom is equal to consensual sex between two adults in privacy?
Do you go around tapping your toes at the restroom between your flights at MSP?
Are you upset that this sort of behavior is frowned upon more-so than the act Governor Spitzer engaged in?
JetJack,74 I think your are being a bit bitter about what is acceptable and what is not. That is what's fueling your anti-Spitzer rant more than anything.
Soliciting sex in a men's restroom will never be as accepted as normal behavior as a John hireing a prostitute. You need to accept that Jack.

767Lover:
Thanks for bringing that up. I'll read more in to it. I only know of Eliot Spitzer's busting of corporations, not of prostitutes. I'll read up more on that case.

Newark777

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 55):
does not affect his ability or integrity to do his job,

Committing a federal crime doesn't hurt his integrity?

Newark777

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 58):
normal behavior as a John hireing a prostitute. You need to accept that Jack.

I think you need to accept the fact that most of the country doesn't view that as normal behavior.

[Edited 2008-03-10 13:42:17]

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 59):
I think you need to accept the fact that most of the country doesn't view that as normal behavior.

Yet it is SO common.
Much more than toe-tapping in a men's restroom.

MaverickM11, JetJack74 & AirTran;
You guys are being cute.
I would certainly pounce on any Republican in this situation IF they were of the religious 'moral crusader' types.

[Edited 2008-03-10 13:46:18]

kiwiandrew

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:46 pm

I am curious about something here - if as some people here seem to be saying that it is because he broke the law rather than that he had extramarital sex then I wonder would the reaction be the same if he had been caught jaywalking/dropping litter/smoking in a non-smoking area /parking in a space reserved for the disabled etc ?

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:52 pm

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 57):
Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 55):
does not affect his ability or integrity to do his job,

Committing a federal crime doesn't hurt his integrity?

Huh? How is this a federal crime?

Integrity? In modern politics? If the people of NY don't like his integrity in an area that is not directly related to the performing of his official duty, then they shouldn't reelect him.

How come no one is asking for the removal of Governor Corzine? He had his state trooper/driver drive over 90 mph and they were involved in an accident that could have killed someone. He then was spotted by reporters speeding again .

Hint-Its because sex wasn't involved.

MaverickM11

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:55 pm

You are saying that soliciting sex from a stranger in a public restroom is equal to consensual sex between two adults in privacy?

Wouldn't it be consensual in that case too? Wink

Quoting Superfly (Reply 60):
MaverickM11, JetJack74 & AirTran;
You guys are being cute.

Honey, don't lie to yo'self. It's not like we just met yesterday Silly

ShyFlyer

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 62):
How is this a federal crime?

From the NY Times article:

Quote:
Federal prosecutors rarely charge clients in prostitution cases, which are generally seen as state crimes. But the Mann Act, passed by Congress in 1910 to address prostitution, human trafficking and what was viewed at the time as immorality in general, makes it a crime to transport someone between states for the purpose of prostitution. The four defendants charged in the case unsealed last week were all charged with that crime, along with several others.

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 63):

Wouldn't it be consensual in that case too?

I guess you can't connect the dots.
Re-read your post. That makes no sense at all.

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 63):
It's not like we just met yesterday

We've never met.
Like I said in post #60; I would certainly pounce on any Republican in this situation IF they were of the religious 'moral crusader' types.
So your cartoon captions aren't so cute after all.

Yep.

[Edited 2008-03-10 14:02:11]

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:05 pm

My bad. The mann act does allow them to charge clients. They won't though.

ShyFlyer

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 66):
You aren't thinking clearly.

Um, I am. See below:

Quote:
An affidavit in the federal investigation into a prostitution ring said that a wiretap recording captured a man identified as Client 9 on a telephone call confirming plans to have a woman travel from New York to Washington, where he had reserved a hotel room. The person briefed on the case identified Mr. Spitzer as Client 9.

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:07 pm

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 68):
The person briefed on the case identified Mr. Spitzer as Client 9.

Again, you are right. They could charge him but they won't. A ring like this has too many possible defendents for such a small crime. He is client 9 and they have only charge a few.

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 64):
The four defendants charged in the case unsealed last week were all charged with that crime, along with several others.

bhmbaglock

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:12 pm

Quoting Andrej (Thread starter):
I guess that NY and NJ governors have something special in their diet to admit to their scandals while in the office.

Wiretaps?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 10):
So what did he do wrong?

1. Get caught
2. Get caught being a hypocrite

Quoting Superfly (Reply 45):
Hitler was rumored to be gay yet he had gays killed.

Other than the scale of the penalty, how is that different from using prosititutes yet having prostitutes and customers prosecuted.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 47):
Ordinary men don't spend $5,000.00 on a hooker.

No, we just wish we could.  Smile

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Looking at some references, the Mann Act was created in 1910 to prevent "white slavery".

It is used primarily for transporting with the intent of prostitution as well as adults transporting minors with the intent of sexual relations. I can find no references to any "Johns" prosecuted under the Mann Act. In fact, after reading the act I see no reference to "Johns". Looks like a case of poor reporting to me.

He will be charged with no federal crime.

http://www.law.du.edu/sterling/Content/ALH/mann.pdf

http://www.pbs.org/unforgivableblackness/knockout/mann.html

[Edited 2008-03-10 14:17:59]

[Edited 2008-03-10 14:23:22]

MaverickM11

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 65):
I guess you can't connect the dots.
Re-read your post. That makes no sense at all.

Consensual sex between two adults is ok if it's a prostitute but not ok if there's some kinda toe tapping/hand clapping ritual that brings the two together? Consensual sex is consensual sex. Depending on where it occurs (like an airport restroom, or in a state other than Nevada) and with whom (a prostitute, or an undercover cop), it may be illegal.

We've never met.

In the online sense.

Like I said in post #60; I would certainly pounce on any Republican in this situation IF they were of the religious 'moral crusader' types.

You are such a hypocrite and you know it.

andessmf

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 28):
I never read of Elliot Spitzer of being a moral crusader of family values and being a uptight prude.

Really?

Quote:
Though his signature issue was pursuing Wall Street misdeeds, as attorney general Mr. Spitzer also had prosecuted at least two prostitution rings as head of the state’s organized crime task force.

In one such case in 2004, Mr. Spitzer spoke with revulsion and anger after announcing the arrest of 16 people for operating a high-end prostitution ring out of Staten Island.

“This was a sophisticated and lucrative operation with a multitiered management structure,” Mr. Spitzer said at the time. “It was, however, nothing more than a prostitution ring.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/ny...b6a&ex=1205294400&pagewanted=print

MaverickM11

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:20 pm

What's the penalty for hiring an illegal prostitute in NY or NJ versus speeding 20mph over the speed limit?

allstarflyer

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 28):
Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 26):
but the story makes it sound like he was just a customer - in which case is there really a story at all ?

This is hardly newsworthy.

A lot of people still care about the personal integrity of political figures and believe it gives an overview of their overall trustworthiness.

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 35):
There have also been plenty of political careers that have continued after sex scandals. (Even a president or two)

And some weren't really viewed so well afterwards.

Are you saying that a prostitute is less a stranger than someone in the next stall? If the person in the next stall was all for "toe-tapping" and more, it would then fall under "consensual sex between two adults". Unless Elliot is on a first-name basis w/some prostitutes, they'd be no more/less strangers than if he met in them in a restroom.

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:22 pm

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 70):
2. Get caught being a hypocrite

See my reply to 767Lover in post #58.
I need to read in to this one. If that is the case, then shame on him.

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 70):
No, we just wish we could.

Even if I were a billionaire, I would never spend $5,000 on a hooker.
I am too good-looking to hire a hooker.  sly 

Newark777

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 60):
Yet it is SO common.

Which makes it acceptable?

How come no one is asking for the removal of Governor Corzine? He had his state trooper/driver drive over 90 mph and they were involved in an accident that could have killed someone. He then was spotted by reporters speeding again .

Trust me, I'd love to get rid of him.

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 74):

What's the penalty for hiring an illegal prostitute in NY or NJ versus speeding 20mph over the speed limit?

I'm not sure. I would imagine they are both criminal misdemeanors. Either way, in one of the instances people were severely hurt, there was property damage, and there was a possibility of killing someone. The other one hurt a man's private relationship.

LHMark

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 76):
Even if I were a billionaire, I would never spend $5,000 on a hooker.
I am too good-looking to hire a hooker

Looks aside, sometimes hookers will perform "special services" that you'd never be able to get your girlfriend to do...

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 75):
Are you saying that a prostitute is less a stranger than someone in the next stall?

You don't get it, do you?

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 72):
Consensual sex between two adults is ok if it's a prostitute but not ok if there's some kinda toe tapping/hand clapping ritual that brings the two together?

...and you don't get it either.

bhmbaglock

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:29 pm

See my reply to 767Lover in post #58.

Missed it, thanks.

I am too good-looking to hire a hooker.

Ah, but the question was regarding ordinary men.

MaverickM11

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 81):

Yeah, we get it. You're giving Spitzer a pass because he's a Democrat

slider

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:34 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 12):
If every man who has used a hooker was to be fired from their job unemployment would be over 50% right now.

BAH! You think so? Boy, I guess we know what kind of crowd you hang with then. This is a totally wild and, I believe, grossly inflated, estimate.

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 79):
Looks aside, sometimes hookers will perform "special services" that you'd never be able to get your girlfriend to do...

True.
Therefore we can't beat up on Governor Spitzer for hiring a prostitute. Divorce can be very expensive and would be a total media circus of a governor filed for divorce while in office. That is a lot of headache to go through just to have a new girlfriend/wife that would do those favors. I guess he calculated that $5,000 would be a small price to pay for those favors. It looks like it is costing him a lot after all.

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 80):
Missed it, thanks.

No big deal. Glad you at least are reading and understanding people's entire post rather than reading one sentence and flying off the handle and inserting cartoon images.
I think that Governor Spitzer should pardon all of those hookers and Johns he had locked up and/or have their fines paid back to them.

Quoting BHMBAGLOCK (Reply 80):
I am too good-looking to hire a hooker.

Ah, but the question was regarding ordinary men.

I guess it sucks to be ordinary!  rotfl 

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 82):
Yeah, we get it. You're giving Spitzer a pass because he's a Democrat

Incorrect.
It's because he is not a religious moral crusader / family man.
You see things in black & white so that doesn't surprise me that you would jump to such a conclusion.

andrej
Topic Author

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 77):
Trust me, I'd love to get rid of him.

checkmark 

checkmark 

checkmark 

....but that's for different topic.

seb146

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 39):
Also, why is the word "scandal" always associated with "sex"?
The guy hired a prostitute. The governor got laid. Big deal!

If, what he did, was done outside Nevada, he should be charged with that crime. Soliciting, I would imagine. It happens. People do it. If he is guilty, pay the fine, do the time and move on.

But I wonder why, lately, Dems that are caught in sex scandals are caught with those of the opposite sex and Republicans (who scream they are moral) are caught with anything other than those of the opposite sex? Just wondering out loud.

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 75):
If the person in the next stall was all for "toe-tapping" and more, it would then fall under "consensual sex between two adults". Unless Elliot is on a first-name basis w/some prostitutes, they'd be no more/less strangers than if he met in them in a restroom.

I am not condoning either action, but it seems a bit more moral to hire a consenting adult than toe tapping in a public restroom. What little I know about the business in Nevada, the women are interviewed and are able to give clients what they want. There is some background before the encouter ever takes place. As for a bathroom encounter, no one ever knows what is in the next stall; anything from a 10 year old to a 85 year old, 350 pound pre-op. Legaly, the governer needs to be punished if he broke the law. Morally, he and his wife need counceling and everyone else needs to stay out of it. It took reading through three different articles before I found out this guy is a Democrat. Does it matter which side of the aisle a person is from in a case of consenting adults? I think not.

Fumanchewd: Clinton and Spitzer are apples and oranges. Clinton did not pay for it. Therefore, it was perfectly legal. Morally, it was wrong, but legally, it was consenting adults doing what consenting adults consented to do.

767Lover

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:44 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 85):
religious moral crusader

He may not be religious, but he's been a moral crusader

PacNWjet

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 40):
So you are making judgements against men who use prostitution. We never asked if you've used them, yet you had to point out that you are above that. What about a single man who uses them in parts of Nevada where it is legal? I think you would still make judgements because we've been ingrained to believe that all prostitution is bad. I agree that street prostitution is a terrible thing as it usually involves violence and drugs. If its a voluntary sign up for the ho and she's making thousands, I have no problem with it.

Who is the victim in this crime?

I think most state's attorneys general and state governors would agree that it is the role of legislative bodies to write laws and, in that capacity, decide what constitutes criminal victimization. However, once those laws are on the books it is the job of elected officials such as state's attorneys general and governors to uphold those laws. As I stated in my previous post (reply #27) many people would argue that there is nothing morally wrong in what Spitzer allegedly has done. However, as a sworn officer of the court - as a licensed attorney who is a member of the New York State Bar, as New York Attorney General, and as Governor - he has taken an oath to uphold the law whether he agrees with it or not. So the "victim" here is the justice and legal system that cannot tolerate an officer of the court who willfully and knowingly violates the law, violates the standards of the Bar, and violates an oath of office.

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:48 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 83):
Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 12):
If every man who has used a hooker was to be fired from their job unemployment would be over 50% right now.

BAH! You think so? Boy, I guess we know what kind of crowd you hang with then. This is a totally wild and, I believe, grossly inflated, estimate.

When I was younger I've done it. Alot of my friends have done it. Benjamin Franklin has done it. Preachers have done it. Cops have done it. Presidents have done it. I have SEEN many pillars of industry and governments do it. I have worked for people whose face you see on tv everynight jump into a private jet for a three day "business meeting" in Cabo with three women in their 20's all in miniskirts. I have worked for a man who owns one of the largest companies of his type and is worth hundreds of millions, who had to go to a sex addicts rehab because he couldn't stop banging the ho's.

I think that alot of men in their life have done it at one time or another. Many have done it once or twice in their youth and gave it up. Many will never tell you they did it. I'm guessing that 25-40% have done it at one time or another. The Kinsey report found that 80% of men have used one. This is of course inflated, but I know it has to be over 25%.

andessmf

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:51 pm

Quoting LHMARK (Reply 79):

Then you don't know how to 'persuade' your girlfriend/wife. I have nothing but praise for my wife's abilities. Then again, I know and work hard to please her as well.

He has three kids and as a former prosecutor his job was to prosecute unethical conduct.

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:57 pm

Quoting AndesSMF (Reply 91):
Then you don't know how to 'persuade' your girlfriend/wife.

..or maybe they are bored of each other. At any rate, it is none of our business.

He has three kids....

Totally irrelevant.

I have nothing but praise for my wife's abilities. Then again, I know and work hard to please her as well.

Perhaps Governor Spitzer just doesn't have the charm or know how in the bedroom as you do AndesSMF. Big grin

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Quoting PacNWJet (Reply 89):
However, as a sworn officer of the court - as a licensed attorney who is a member of the New York State Bar, as New York Attorney General, and as Governor - he has taken an oath to uphold the law whether he agrees with it or not. So the "victim" here is the justice and legal system that cannot tolerate an officer of the court who willfully and knowingly violates the law, violates the standards of the Bar, and violates an oath of office.

I understand. However, this is a misdemeanor. At what point does a crime require a resignation? In my mind this is not one of those crimes. It has not impacted his behavior in his role of governor. It has not hurt anyone outside of his personal life.

As I have stated other governors have been able to keep their job after incidents that I consider to be worse. It is only the association of sex and preconceived notions of morality that is pressuring him to resign. He won't and I don't think he should.

As for the system being a "victim", well, that's just silly.

DLPMMM

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:00 pm

Incorrect.
You see things in black & white so that doesn't surprise me that you would jump to such a conclusion.

What you seem to have missed throughout all of this is that Spitzer made a big deal over busting a couple of large prostitution rings when he was the Federal Prosecutor for NYC.

He did press conferences to display his moral outrage.

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 94):
Incorrect.

What you seem to have missed throughout all of this is that Spitzer made a big deal over busting a couple of large prostitution rings when he was the Federal Prosecutor for NYC.

Hypocrisy seems to get the best of us. The important thing is, did he do his job well? Who did he hurt?

Superfly

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:05 pm

DLPMMM:
What you seem to have missed throughout all of this is my post #58 and #84.

VonRichtofen

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm

The lambasting should be directed at his wife for not keeping him satisfied. That's probably why he hired a prostitute in the first place. Men have needs too, not just women (though looking at the average North American relationship you'd never guess it  Yeah sure )

Now, if she was really a good wife and did whatever she could to keep him happy, then I'll take back what I said. But if she was your typical "my vagina is a tool for me to get my way" wife then the bitch had it coming Big grin

I keed I keed Big grin

Seriously though, I can't fathom why prostitution is illegal. It's an agreement between two consenting adults. Where's the problem? In countries where it's legal the prostitutes work in much safer environment than where it is illegal.

fumanchewd

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:14 pm

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 97):
Seriously though, I can't fathom why prostitution is illegal. It's an agreement between two consenting adults. Where's the problem? In countries where it's legal the prostitutes work in much safer environment than where it is illegal.

I agree. The "world's oldest profession" needs to get some respect. Prostitution will always exist. Tax it and make it legitimate. It will take alot of the illegal trafficing and drugs out of the equation. It will give its workers health care, tests, and social security (I know, I would prefer not to pay as well).

Confuscius

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:28 pm

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 94):

Good for him! That was his job busting monopolies. I'm all for the street level macks and their independent contractors.

Quoting VonRichtofen (Reply 97):
I can't fathom why prostitution is illegal. It's an agreement between two consenting adults.

IMHO, that's the most honest relationship. Both parties get what they want and go home happy.

bagpiper

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:29 pm

You don't get it, do you?

I find it funny that you just reply with crap like that instead of maybe wording it differently for those who you belittle and make it seem like you know oh-so much more than them.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 92):
Totally irrelevant.

I see we really have a good respect for descendants and giving them a decent life. Hell, screw global warming I guess.... who cares about the kiddos that will have to deal with it.

-
BTW, I'm just taking cheap pot shots at a guy I don't understand, and probably never will.  Wink