Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flynavy
Topic Author

Okla. Lawmaker: Gays Worse Than Terrorists

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:14 pm

What a pinhead! Congresswoman Kern: resign. Now.

Take action: http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/campa...p_sally_kern_cen/iwgu8si4a7bewkjj?

[Edited 2008-03-12 07:18:13]

N1120A

RE: Okla. Lawmaker: Gays Worse Than Terrorists

Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Congress should take action to remove her from office. Congresswoman Kern has no place in political office.

Mir

Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 1):
Congresswoman Kern has no place in political office.

Agree, but:

Congress should take action to remove her from office.

This is a matter for Oklahomans and the Oklahoma state government to take on. This idiot is not a member of Congress, so it's not Congress' job to deal with her in any way, shape or form.

-Mir

StarAC17

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Hopefully she has gay kids or her kids have gay kids. As Chris Rock says whoever you hate will end up in your family. Also am I the only one who thinks that if there was no religion there would be no discrimination against gay people and it would just be accepted as a difference in lifestyle.

lobster

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:03 pm

Tell her how you feel, here's her email

[email protected]

Read her bio. It screams bible thumper.

http://www.okhouse.gov/Committees/Member.aspx?MemberID=87

fumanchewd

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Throw the buggers in jail!!

oh, wait. They'll just recruit.

N1120A

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 2):

This is a matter for Oklahomans and the Oklahoma state government to take on. This idiot is not a member of Congress, so it's not Congress' job to deal with her in any way, shape or form.

Ah, the OP called her "Congresswoman" and so I took that to mean a Member of Congress.

MDorBust

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Congress should take action to remove her from office. Congresswoman Kern has no place in political office.

Conformity or castigation eh?

I wonder if you would apply that same message to the offended audience, homosexuals. Conform or be castigated.

Somehow, I don't think so.

PS: Does anyone have a copy of the recording that doesn't sound like it was spliced together by a drunken toddler?

johnboy

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:45 pm

HA! I knew there had to be something that made this hag go on a bender.....

http://www.queerty.com/sally-kern-scrubs-gay-son-20080312/

Delta767300ER

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:28 pm

Her comments were totally bigoted and uncalled for. She is a Baptist and her husband Steve Kern is the Pastor at Olivet Baptist Church. What do you expect? Its morons like this woman that give the Republican Party a bad name.

-Delta767300ER

ouboy79

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:52 pm

I would take a look at this thread:

http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-are.../12328-ellen-calls-sally-kern.html

There is a letter posted by user jbrown84, written by a son who lost his mother in the Murrah Building Bombing in '95. If this kid is the future of our nation, we'll get out of this period of hate and intollerance before long.  Smile

TWFirst

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:59 pm

But have you seen what she looks like? OBVIOUSLY she's having trouble accepting her own lesbianism.

Didn't Pat Robertson try to say something to this effect after 9/11 (that gays were a cause of it)?? I know we're fabulous and brilliant and all, but these folks give us way too much credit.

N1120A

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Quoting Ouboy79 (Reply 11):

That kid's words are so touching and so correct. Young Tucker definately gives us all hope for the future of this country.

Delta767300ER

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:27 pm

Quote:
But have you seen what she looks like? OBVIOUSLY she's having trouble accepting her own lesbianism.

LMAO. I will check and see.

Quote:
Didn't Pat Robertson try to say something to this effect after 9/11 (that gays were a cause of it)?? I know we're fabulous and brilliant and all, but these folks give us way too much credit.

The Fundamentalist Baptist bigot Pat Robertson blamed Gays for 9/11, the 2004 Florida Hurricanes, Hurricane Katrina, ect. I am shocked someone has not shot him. If somebody does, I wont shed any tears.

-Delta767300ER

StarAC17

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:05 pm

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 15):
The Fundamentalist Baptist bigot Pat Robertson blamed Gays for 9/11, the 2004 Florida Hurricanes, Hurricane Katrina, ect. I am shocked someone has not shot him. If somebody does, I wont shed any tears.

This clip is about Jerry Falwell when he died last May but what Bill Maher says here is true for all of these religious nuts.

Analog

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:22 pm

If gays are worse than terrorists, then terrorists are not a big threat. She supports terrorists! Weak on terror!

Tomorrow on ABC: "Jihad-eye for the Pacifist Guy"

luv2fly

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:05 am

I think this video also speaks about the two faces of religion, do as I say, not as I do.

Falcon84

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:41 am

I may write to this sad soul, and remind her that Jesus said "Whatsover you do the least of my brothers, is that which you do unto me." By deamonizing gays like this, she deamonizes God's children in a way that, I think, Christ would never have accepted. He died for the sinner, not those who thought they were above reproach in the eyes of God. he embraced the outcast, he did not hate them nor make them enemies.

This lady needs to re-read the Holy Bible, and see what Christ really taught.

Klima

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:39 am

Quoting TWFirst (Reply 11):

LOL. I was just thinking how I can't wait until her lesbian lover comes forward.

N1120A

Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:13 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 17):

This lady needs to re-read the Holy Bible, and see what Christ really taught.

What she really needs to do is keep her religious beliefs out of politics.

UAL747

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 pm

I know that people get frustrated me about my rants against anti-gay issues, but I live in Oklahoma and this is the world we live in. The congresswoman is representing the majority of people in Oklahoma....I hate this state, but certain things keep me here.

BTW, I used to work for the state senate as an intern, actually, I did two internships with the OK State Senate. You'd die if you heard what really goes on at our capitol building. The words thrown around, the attitudes, and the general laziness of the lawmakers. They are a bunch of good ole' boy/girl southern conservative Christians, in which most have strong anti-gay stance, and if they don't, they avoid the issue like the plague when asked. Once, I was friends with a gubenetorial candidate's daughter and expressed his interest in his ideas of what gay rights shouuld be, along with many other questions not pertaining to gay rights. He answered EVERY one of my questions, except the gay issue.

It's a sad, uninformed, and uneducated society here....

UAL

AA777

Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:46 pm

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 20):

True story.

I wrote her a nice long email and gave her a piece of my mind. And, to fight fire with fire, I even quoted biblical passages. lol.

What a wench.

-AA777

Falcon84

Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:38 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 19):

We'll never agree, and I think you're dead wrong in that regard, so I'll just leave it at that.

luv2fly

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:50 pm

Ellen DeGeneres Calls State Rep. Sally Kern

luv2fly

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:55 pm

This says it all

UAL747

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:25 am

Love the new accent and the "Mmmmkaaay"

UAL

UAL747

Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:46 am

I just wanted to post these videos. While these videos don't take place in Oklahoma, this is the religious culture we live in: If you have the time to watch them, it really shows how Christianity is indoctrined into our children here. I was raised in this type of religious environment. What used to be something I enjoyed just became a confusing, hate-filled, and bigoted community. This is the real religious Oklahoma. They seduce children into believing they are somehow better than others, it's really sick. And this is the train of thought that adds to the fury of people like Sally Kern. While most people on this site are fairly moderate about this subject, the forums on the local news websites are divided about 50/50.

This stuff is everywhere and Christianity has so much control over our government. It's a huge lobby that we've allowded to infiltrate our government. Sally Kern is just a product of this type of society. I know you might not believe that churches are this way here, but the big mega churches you hear about are live and well and still in the practice of indoctrining children. They want to get them while they are young and make their minds up for them. They hate homosexualty and it's just another way that they make themselves feel better by putting other people down.

I've been to a huge "Jesus Camp" that is popular with the Southern Baptists called "Falls Creek" It's scary!

I just wanted you to see it because I can't describe it.

UAL

wingnut767

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Thread starter):
What a pinhead! Congresswoman Kern: resign. Now.

Talk about intolerance. Believe my way or else. Are we going back to the days of Stalin? What about freedom of speech. If the people do not like her then they will vote her out otherwise she can say what she wants.

Why? Because she does not have your beliefs Comrade? More suppression of free speech.

Quoting Ouboy79 (Reply 10):
we'll get out of this period of hate and intolerance before long.

If someone does not believe the same as you that is hate and intolerance? Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. Why are you so intolerant and bigoted of her views.

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 13):

Talk about

Quoting Ouboy79 (Reply 10):
hate and intollerance

Quoting N1120A (Reply 19):

Okay we can make a deal. If other people leave their homosexual beliefs and agenda out of politics and our schools then we can also leave religion out of them. Oh yeah and throw in global warming also.

Why is it than the Christian religion needs to be kept out of schools but it is okay for them to espouse the religion of environmentalism?

Quoting AA777 (Reply 21):
I wrote her a nice long email and gave her a piece of my mind. And, to fight fire with fire, I even quoted biblical passages. lol.

What a wench.

That was so sensitive and tolerant of you.

jamincan

Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:48 pm

^  rotfl 

*filler*

Yellowstone

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Quoting Wingnut767 (Reply 27):
Okay we can make a deal. If other people leave their homosexual beliefs and agenda out of politics and our schools then we can also leave religion out of them. Oh yeah and throw in global warming also.

Let's see, you want us to stop teaching science and tolerance, and in return you'll stop teaching beliefs you can't prove about a deity who may or may not exist? Why do I think that we're getting the short end of that trade? Especially when the Constitution already says you have to leave religion out of public schools?

Falcon84

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Talk about intolerance. Believe my way or else.

Isn't that what this asshole state Senator is saying, basically? Get rid of the gays, or else? She's saying they're worse than terrorists? Do you agree with her, may I ask?

Are we going back to the days of Stalin?

Left to ultra-righties like this intolerant woman, we will-actually, more like the days of Hitler, Wingnut.

She should resign. There is no place in government in this nation for hate speech like this, comparing hard-working Americans, most who do not have any agenda but to make their lives better, to terrorists. She should resign, and then many spend her extra time reading the Holy Bible and see what Christ really taught.

Why? Because she does not have your beliefs Comrade? More suppression of free speech.

She's free to say what she wants. She just shouldn't be representing constituents when putting out such hate.

If someone does not believe the same as you that is hate and intolerance?

When she compares them to terrorists-yes. When she says they're tearing up the fabric of the nation-yes. It IS hate and intolerance. It's ignorance as well, and you don't seem to have a problem with that, do you?

There is no agenda in the schools, first of all. If there is an agenda, it is of the far right trying to shove their beliefs down our throats, not the other way around. But since you seem to be on that side of the argument, you have no problem with that, do you?

Why is it than the Christian religion needs to be kept out of schools but it is okay for them to espouse the religion of environmentalism?

Talk about ignorance. Enviornmentalism is a SCIENCE, not a relgion.

The people tearing apart the fabric of this nation are not gays-it's people like Sen. Kern-and yourself-who want everyone to see things their way, and if they don't, they're the intolerant ones. Such hate and divisiveness is not what this nation is about, and, as a wife of a preacher, she should know it isn't what Christ was about either. We need to rid this nation of such ignorance, hatred and intolrance that you and Frau Kern are promting, not stick up for it.

She's the anthisis of what her Christ taught, and she should be ashamed of herself. What's worse, is the GOP memebers of the Oklahoma Senate gave her a freaking standing ovation.

i'm sure Oklahoma is proud.

wingnut767

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 29):
tolerance

What is tolerance? Telling someone that they have to agree with you or else. Telling them that they have to like your lifestyle or not go against your lifestyle. And if you do not agree with your so called tolerance or PC crap that you should lose your job. How many post's above have intolerance towards the lady in question and her religion?

And man induced global warming is not science. Enviro mentalism is a religion in itself. It just believes in a different deity. For it to be science you need to show all points of view, not just the "Inconvenient truth".

Scorpio

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Quoting Wingnut767 (Reply 31):
Telling them that they have to like your lifestyle or not go against your lifestyle.

Nobody here has said people have to 'like' the 'gay lifestyle'. Just tolerate them. What she did here was NOT 'going against their lifestyle', it was pure hatespeech and even incitement to violence.

Quoting Wingnut767 (Reply 31):
And if you do not agree with your so called tolerance or PC crap that you should lose your job.

This is not just someone 'not agreeing with so called tolerance or PC crap', it's someone using precisely that job to preach intolerance and hate. I mean, did you even listen to that speech? She said gays are a bigger danger that terrorism!

Tell me, if she had said 'Blacks are tearing our nation apart, they are a bigger danger than terrorism', would you expect her to still be in office, or do you think her refusal to at least apologise would be tolerated? I think we both know the answer to that.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 30):
Do you agree with her, may I ask?

I'd like to know the answer to that one too...

alberchico

Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:50 pm

Talk about intolerance. Believe my way or else. Are we going back to the days of Stalin? What about freedom of speech. If the people do not like her then they will vote her out otherwise she can say what she wants

Even though what this woman said is wrong, it still annoys me that many people here demonize the others that don't agree with them and then go on about fredom of speech.....

[Edited 2008-03-16 12:51:56]

a380us

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:18 pm

WHAT AN IDIOT!!

Does she think shell get a new job now?

wingnut767

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:20 pm

She's free to say what she wants. She just shouldn't be representing constituents when putting out such hate.

But if they keep voting her in? It is her freedom of speech to say what she wants. It is your right to tear her up with your words if you do not agree. And it is there right to keep voting her in if that is the person they want. Just like it is the right of the people to vote in the gay people on the city boards that she dislikes.

When she compares them to terrorists-yes.

I believe John Kerry and that dumb ass congressman from ohio have compared our troops to terrorists. Another Senator compared them to Nazis and they still have ther jobs.

If there is an agenda, it is of the far right trying to shove their beliefs down our throats, not the other way around.

Actually that is not true because most of the people on the right that I know send there kids to private schools to avoid the liberal PC crap along with the Unionised teachers.

Enviornmentalism is a SCIENCE, not a relgion.

Wrong it is an agenda. It is not a science

en?vi?ron?men?tal?ism ?? (n-vrn-mntl-zm, -vrn-) KEY ?

NOUN:

Advocacy for or work toward protecting the natural environment from destruction or pollution.

It is not a science. Everyone basically needs to feel the need to worship something and for some it is mother earth or the Sun or for some it is the deity in the sky as lefties like to call God

The people tearing apart the fabric of this nation are not gays-it's people like Sen. Kern-and yourself-who want everyone to see things their way,

As usual you are way off base. You call this tolerance

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 3):
Hopefully she has gay kids or her kids have gay kids.

Quoting Lobster (Reply 4):
It screams bible thumper.

Quoting Delta767300ER (Reply 9):
She is a Baptist and her husband Steve Kern is the Pastor at Olivet Baptist Church. What do you expect?

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 14):
true for all of these religious nuts.

Quoting AA777 (Reply 21):
What a wench.

Isn't that what this asshole state Senator is saying

Look at all of this tolerance Falcon. It is the left that is filled with hate if yo do not agree with them

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 33):
Even though what this woman said is wrong, it still annoys me that many people here demonize the others that don't agree with them and then go on about fredom of speech.....

Bingo

wingnut767

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:57 pm

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 32):
This is not just someone 'not agreeing with so called tolerance or PC crap', it's someone using precisely that job to preach intolerance and hate. I mean, did you even listen to that speech? She said gays are a bigger danger that terrorism!

Scorpio, She may be ignorant or uneducated but she does have the right to say what she wants and it should be without the fear of the PC police and the threats of getting fired. Every time someone is fired for saying what the truly believe it is one more chunk of stone being chopped off of our freedom of speech rights.

Do I agree with her, No. But I do pity her for her lack of education. But that does not mean that the responses to her need to be filled with hate and anger. Forgive her Lord for she does not know what she is doing. To me that sounds better than some of the intolerant hate filled tripe above. You do not fight intolerance or just pure ignorance with hate and more intolerance.

She said gays are a bigger danger that terrorism!

Is this statement any different. How come you are not calling out delta767 for his lack of tolerance and hate filled speech?

There is enough ignorance on both sides but should I call for Delta767's job because of his statement. No I can just call it what it is and move on. He has the same rights.

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 29):
Especially when the Constitution already says you have to leave religion out of public schools?

It does? Can you show that to me.

luv2fly

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:58 pm

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

Do you agree with her, may I ask?

I'd like to know the answer to that one too...

So would I, at least she has the balls to tell us who she hates.

luv2fly

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:02 pm

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

jpetekyxmd80

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:02 pm

When I saw Wingnut had posted in this thread, I knew what was coming. And boy, it did not disappoint!!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

How fitting 'nut' is in your username!

luv2fly

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:11 pm

Quoting Wingnut767 (Reply 35):
Look at all of this tolerance Falcon. It is the left that is filled with hate if yo do not agree with them

Lets recap it is westboro baptist church, surprise surprise also from KS, topeka kansas to be exact. They show up at innocent peoples funerals to slam there beliefs down people throats.

EWRCabincrew

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:22 pm

Does she have the to have her say and her opinion? She sure does. She is also entitled to her opinion. We all are.
The best part is, they are just that. Opinions.

Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one and some of them stink.

Quoting Wingnut767 (Reply 37):
But I do pity her for her lack of education.

BINGO  checkmark 

We are all allowed to believe what we want to believe. What makes us better people is the reaching out and knowledge to learn about others. To live narrowmindedly is truly sad. Especially when there is so much to gain from others. Her world is just incredibly small. I pity that, too.

Scorpio

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Quoting Wingnut767 (Reply 37):
Is this statement any different. How come you are not calling out delta767 for his lack of tolerance and hate filled speech?

You're seriously trying to compare an anonymous poster on an internet board saying he wouldn't shed a tear if a certain person got shot to an elected official demosing an entire group of people while in fuction as a congresswoman? They're not even remotely comparable!

You know, if you're going to try and turn everything into a right vs left thingy, at least make sure to actually quote leftists. Several of the people you quoted there are right-wingers. Oops.

Love how you ignored this one though:

Tell me, if she had said 'Blacks are tearing our nation apart, they are a bigger danger than terrorism', would you expect her to still be in office, or do you think her refusal to at least apologise would be tolerated? I think we both know the answer to that.

mariner

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Everyone basically needs to feel the need to worship something and for some it is mother earth or the Sun or for some it is the deity in the sky as lefties like to call God

Everyone?

I don't have that need.  confused 

mariner

Blackbird

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:56 pm

She supposedly has a gay son named Jesse who allegedly was quite flamboyant. Perhaps the reason for her views?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ern%22%2B%22Gay+Son%22&btnG=Search

Blackbird

11Bravo

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:04 am

Christofascism at it's finest. If ignorance really is bliss as they say, Ms. Kern must be extraordinarily content. Thankfully this stuff is fairly limited in scope. Sometimes it might not seem that way, like after reading this thread and seeing those videos for example, but in the bigger picture there aren't that many people who really believe this nonsense.

It also seems that there's a self regulating mechanism at work here. Real economic power, and hence sustained political power, in this country is primarily derived from higher education. That education-power correlation is particularly noticeable in the fields of science, engineering, medicine, and law. Fortunately, many of these really extreme evangelicals have institutionalized scientific illiteracy in their own ranks to a point where they drastically limit their ability to shape society and influence long-term cultural change. There are exceptions to that of course, but it will take more than exceptions to have sustained impact.

UAL747

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:09 am

Quoting 11Bravo (Reply 45):
but in the bigger picture there aren't that many people who really believe this nonsense.

Try being here in OK, about 50% of people polled believe she is in the right and her comments are justified and true. Check out the polls on the Oklahoma News websites.

UAL

akiss20

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am

To the whole school aspect, let me say as a gay student, the idea of the homosexual community having an agenda in schools is total BS. I live in New Jersey, arguably one of the most socially liberal states in the country (We are one of 2? 3? states that allow civil unions of gays, not marriage mind you). Nonetheless, in my school there is absolutely no education regarding homosexuality. In health class, gays are not mentioned once. Our textbook defined sex as "The process in which the male inserts his (insert noun here, don't want to get too explicit) into the (again insert noun) so that a new life may be created." The only mention of homosexuality was in articles that stated that gays were at higher risk to contract STDs. We have a newly formed GSA that was met with opposition. They were forced to haggle for official club status.

Teachers, students, administrators hear "That's gay" "you're a faggot" "shut up homo" every single minute of every day and do nothing to stop it.

So don't tell me that schools are pushing the gay lifestyle down student's throats, hell they aren't even mentioning us except to call us diseased, risky miscreants. Homophobia is still alive and well in schools, even up here.

Try and get some ground truth before you start spouting your mouth off.

StarAC17

Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:45 am

Ok both times you quoted me the parts you quoted were taken out of context and they were no means hate filled.

In reply 3 I simply stated that I hope that she has people in her life that she loves turn out gay which will teach her to deal with the things in people that you hate. This was before Reply 8 which the link states that she disowned her son because he was gay, now that tells me that her religous beliefs are more important than her family:

Link is below:
http://www.queerty.com/sally-kern-scrubs-gay-son-20080312/

In Reply 14 I simply stated that from what Bill Maher was saying about religious extremists is true and the fact that they want to force their beliefs on me by claiming by sinning that 9/11 was justified and an act of God is absolute BS. There is no difference between this women, Pat Robertson, OBL, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad etc. They are using their religious beliefs for fear and claiming that they god will hate them if they don't fall in line, which if they read the bible they would know that goes hates the sin and loves the sinner. In your eyes that I'm calling call them on it means that I am hate mongering is rubbish.

I have absolutely no problem with people being religious but I do have and issue when they feel that what they believe should be legislation which is exactly what this women is trying to do. Even though what she says or does about this particular issue doesn't affect me because I am heterosexual, but what happens if it extends further to make things like pre-marital sex or infidelity crimes.

wingnut767

Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:00 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 39):
When I saw Wingnut had posted in this thread, I knew what was coming. And boy, it did not disappoint!!

But then it would of been just another lifeless, boring thread about gay people complaining about the injustices in this world. And when I first saw this thread pop up the rants also did not disapoint. More PC crying and sobbing and threats to silence the heretic of her first amendment rights.