Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Starbuk7
Topic Author

Ms. Pelosi Calls Bush A Failure

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:55 pm

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080717/D91VSGN81.html

Interesting that she calls bush a failure (I agree he isn't doing the country a favor) but she says this when congresses approval rating is far less than his. Such stupidity!!

SlamClick

RE: Ms. Pelosi Calls Bush A Failure

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Ironic because he is something she will never in a thousand years get to be - President of the United States.

Twice

Falcon84

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Well, the truth does hurt. He is going down as one of the worst president's of all time. No amount of sugar-coating can change that fact.

Stretch 8

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Bush can't do anything right. But like other wartime Presidents who were despised by many (Truman, LBJ), I think history's judgment of him will not be as harsh as his current approval ratings.

As for Ms. Pelosi, she is a barking dog who is best ignored.

SlamClick

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 2):
He is going down as one of the worst president's of all time.

At the moment I might be inclined to agree with you but when I was a kid we thought Harry Truman was. History has a way...

Pelosi and the rest of the Democratic party should thank Bush or any God they believe in that they were not in that office in 2001.

The Saturday after 9/11 I visited the Lincoln memorial on the Mall in Washingtod DC. Standing there reading the words of a president who was ridiculed and reviled in his own day it struck me that Bush had been handed a mess at least equal to that handed to Lincoln. While I never even suspected Lincoln-like strength, character, wisdom or any other virtues in President Bush I wished him well.

I think he performed worse than I expected but not as badly as he might have, and none of us have the information yet to assess how well or badly he did - only that we don't like his style.

Government records prove that fewer DoD personnel died on his watch than on Clinton's despite the war. Peacetime military deaths outnumbered war deaths. Other records available online demonstrate that total deaths in Iraq are down since Saddam was deposed over the previous years of his regime, owing to the genocide being stopped. It might be going too far to suggest that the war in Iraq actually saved lives, but the numbers suggest somethingl like that. It might be too soon to say but perhaps the resistance the Iraq war seems to have stirred up just means that we are dealing with those terrorists in Iraq instead of New York - just like they said all along. Personally I don't believe one person suddenly decided to hate the US just because we defiled Iraq with our unclean presence. I think that is a bunch of crap.

Pelosi is just politics as usual, but utterly devoid of any vestige of class.

Jpax

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 pm

I'm not sure how many people also realize this, but Bush is the first President to really be around during the age of the Internet in which billions are online, news spreads in an instant, people can post whatever they want, wherever. Of course the world perception will be worse, as well as the country's, but saying "he is the worst" is incredibly unfair due to the internet, something that 95% of the Presidents were not around for to be criticized by. When Clinton was in office, how many of you, or the world, were posting on internet forums about his presidency? What about during Bush Sr? Reagan? They were never put under such fire, courtesy of the internet.

[Flame suit on.]

Aaron747

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:53 pm

Well I call Ms. Pelosi a failure - and on top of that, with all of the choice in lovely homes on the hill in Pacific Heights, she and her husband chose one of the ugliest. Thus she has poor taste as well.

Mike89406

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:58 pm

Quoting Stretch 8 (Reply 3):
As for Ms. Pelosi, she is a barking dog who is best ignored.

This is at best what I think of her and this has nothing to do with my opinion of Bush.  checkmark 

[Edited 2008-07-17 17:00:27]

AirCop

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:01 am

Quoting Jpax (Reply 5):
saying "he is the worst" is incredibly unfair due to the internet,

Well, quite a few people stated Jimmy Carter was the "worst president" and that was way before the internet arrived in people's homes. In this case (Bush II) some scholars would argue its the actions of his administration which labels him as such.

lnglive1011yyz

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34 am

Actually, that's how most of the rest of the world feels too!

But, I suppose that doesn't matter to American's..

Never has!

lol

1011yyz

RJdxer

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:41 am

No amount of sugar-coating can change that fact.

In your mind.

Have to agree that to call any President an abject failure while they are still in office and their programs/initiatives have not had the full chance to play out is going out on a limb. Threre is no context to compare it too on several fronts.

DocLightning

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:47 am

Bush can't do anything right. But like other wartime Presidents who were despised by many (Truman, LBJ), I think history's judgment of him will not be as harsh as his current approval ratings.

There are two possible ways to remember him:

1) "The worst President since the inception of the nation."

2) "The President who brought about the downfall of the U.S."

I hope that its (1). I'm afraid it might be (2).

Pope

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:47 am

Quoting Starbuk7 (Thread starter):
Ms. Pelosi Calls Bush A Failure  

Interesting. From a woman whose personal biography on her House website doesn't list a single non-Congressional accomplishments.

It seems that she literally accomplished NOTHING from when she graduated college in 1962 and was elected to Congress in 1987. Other than being related to two former mayors of Baltimore (and marrying a rich husband) I'm not sure what she's ever done other than talk bad about people who actually make decisions.

But let's examine her legislative accomplishments. She attached a minimum wage bill to a war funding bill. Other than that, she's accomplished nothing that she said she would do if the democrats won control of the House. So maybe it takes a failure to recognize one.

http://www.house.gov/pelosi/biography/bio.html

Personal Story

Pelosi hails from a strong family tradition of public service. Her father, Thomas D'Alesandro, Jr., served as Mayor of Baltimore for 12 years, after representing the city for five terms in Congress. Her brother, Thomas D'Alesandro III, also served as Mayor of Baltimore.

Pelosi graduated from Trinity College in Washington, D.C. in 1962. Pelosi and her husband, Paul Pelosi, a native of San Francisco, have five children: Nancy Corinne, Christine, Jacqueline, Paul and Alexandra, and six grandchildren.

If you ask me, this is a really pathetic biography.

Oh wait. It gets better. Her website says:

Quote:
As a member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence for 10 years (the longest continuous period of service in the committee's history) including two years as the Ranking Democrat, Pelosi worked to ensure that policymakers and military commanders are provided with the timely and accurate intelligence necessary to guide diplomatic initiatives, succeed in combat, and protect U.S. military forces.

Now someone answer me this. If she was on the intelligence committee for at least three years before 9/11 and everyone agrees the intelligence services failed leading up to the attacks - what does that say about the quality of the work performed by the people whose responsibility was to monitor these agencies? But I guess it's easier to lay the blame solely on the President who was in office for less than 9 months before the attacks than to admit she had something to do with the absolute failure that allowed these attacks to occur. And yet, she brags about it.

[Edited 2008-07-17 17:53:58]

sv7887

Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:34 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 12):

There are two possible ways to remember him:

1) "The worst President since the inception of the nation."

2) "The President who brought about the downfall of the U.S."

I hope that its (1). I'm afraid it might be (2).

I think Warren Harding, Andrew Johnson, Nixon, and Carter are well ahead of GWB in that sense.

Look at what historians say so far:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histori...nkings_of_United_States_Presidents

Anyone jumping to the conclusion that GWB is the worst ever is ignorant of History. He certainly isn't the best or even average for that matter but "Worst President Ever" is just a foolish statement.

GWB's legacy depends on Iraq and the War on Terrorism. If Iraq works out and the US isn't attacked in the early stages of the next Presidency, GWB will probably treated more kindly by historians..

The economic issues have been a long time coming..Greenspan keeping interest rates so low just encouraged people and the banks to act stupidly.

It's true he did not make things better with his Tax Cut and Spend fiscal policy, but GWB is hardly responsible for the negative savings rates, people foolishly buying houses they cannot afford or outsourcing..It wasn't GWB who signed NAFTA, it was Clinton.

And I don't think you can even blame Clinton for outsourcing..The economists and academics sold Bill Clinton and the USA on the so called benefits and comparative advantages of outsourcing our industrial might...

Notice how Japan, Germany, and China are focused on protecting and strengthening their heavy industry...The US derived it's might from Industry..We WERE a nation of builders, now we are a nation of consumers...We stupidly destroyed our industrial might for the sake of a few dollars savings at WalMart...In the process we destroyed a good source of jobs for ordinary Americans who had a decent paying job without needing a college degree...

People are quick to forget the recession following the .com boom was relatively mild, and even now compared to the recession of 1991 is STILL not as bad.

Politicians are too busy pandering and blaming each other. If you think the Democrats or the Republicans believe in "Change" you must be dreaming. They are profiting from the current situation, so why would they change? They will continue with the quick fixes and passing off our problems to the next generation as long as they can continue to distract the public with their blame game....

Change starts from each one of US. We all need to look ourselves in the mirror and DO something. Whether it's finishing your education, paying off debt, or simply being informed about the issues and voting.

At the moment everyone talks about Change, but they don't want to pay the piper for the mistakes they made..We'd rather blame Congress, School Systems, Banks, the President...Yet it wasn't any of those who put a gun to our head and forced us to make bad choices...

If we demand change and vote these crooks out, we'll get it! We need to demand Term limits, an end to soft money, and limiting the role of lobbyists.

I know how I sound...But my parents were poor from the villages of India..We came to America, kept our heads down, struggled, and by god achieved the American Dream..My mother fought mental illness her whole life, but was determined to learn English and be a good American.

My father fought cancer until his bitter end a few months ago and never stopped working even though he had cancer in every organ and every part of his body and could barely walk. 4 neck surgeries, brain surgery, countless radiation treatments and chemotherapy did not stop him. He refused to go on disability or Social Security and kept working no matter what. He worked until the last week of his life because he never wanted to be a burden to his company or this country.

He instilled the same ethic in me, and I hope to do right by this great country and make the most out of the opportunities and privileges that America has given me. I'm 25 so we'll see how far I get.

From this son of an immigrant's eyes America is still great. For me living in America is not a right, it's a privilege!!! We need to heed JFK's words and remember "Ask Not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your country"

The American Dream is still possible though it's gotten a little harder, but we need to focus on making our own fates and not waiting for the government to do it...

-Sam

[Edited 2008-07-17 18:45:13]

AirCop

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:03 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 13):
Whether it's finishing your education, paying off debt, or simply being informed about the issues and voting.

How true is this, especially about the voting and knowing the issues.

If we demand change and vote these crooks out, we'll get it!

Quite a few got unemployed in the last congressional election.

We need to demand Term limits

Don't like this idea..ever legislative body needs some people with a historical outlook for the institution.

an end to soft money, and limiting the role of lobbyists.

Take time to read about the Clean Elections in Arizona, it has rid the elections of lobbyists money, the politicians love the idea of not having to beg money for election campaigns.

rwsea

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:35 am

Pelosi is right, Bush is a complete failure in every sense of the word.

As a direct result of Bush's actions:
- the rest of the world hates us (it's hard to remember now but Iran was sympathetic after 9/11)
- the 9/11 death count was more than doubled (thanks to his little war in Iraq)
- the economy is in the toilet (boy those tax cuts sure did a lot of good!)
- future generations will be in debt for a long time
- no meaningful infrastructure improvements have occurred in the US, meaning we'll be held hostage to big oil going forward

And that's only the beginning. Sure Pelosi hasn't done much herself, but her statement that Bush is a failure is dead-on. He'll easily go down as the worst president of our lifetime. And to think, he didn't even win!

lnglive1011yyz

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:51 am

Quoting RwSEA (Reply 15):
the rest of the world hates us (it's hard to remember now but Iran was sympathetic after 9/11)
- no meaningful infrastructure improvements have occurred in the US, meaning we'll be held hostage to big oil going forward

That's just to start.

I'd actually like someone to post a message with anything positive that Bush and his administration have actually done. ??? I can't actually think of anything?

He has singlehandedly destroyed 50 years of strong, diplomatic, and honourable work to make the world a better place.

All he has done is destabilize the world economies, maimed and injured more American soldiers, and destroyed an entire country.

Let me say, that I am damn proud of the work those men and women have done overseas.. They have done an amazing job given what they were tasked by a corrupt, and, what some would believe, the first time around, was an illegal Presidency.

Bring on the next President.

Your country will be measured by the next Presidency more than any in history.

It's a lot of pressure for 1 person to have.

1011yyz

Falcon84

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:59 am

I s ee it didn't take much time for the usual, predictable Bush apologists to show up on here, and try to cut him some slack. He's a failure, boys. He will go down as such, most notably for starting the war in Iraq. I still think, in the next two decades, you'll begin to find out things about this administration that will just horrify most Americans. Most of it will be tied to the paranoia and ultra-secrecy of this Adminsitration. I think you'll find they've been hiding stuff from the American people that will outrage most Americans.

But, I bet when that happen, the same folks apologizing for him here, will be doing the same, even then.

I think it will be brutally harsh. With Truman, he had a war in Korea started by the other side. With Bush and Iraq, he warred on a third-world nation, for no just cause. Big difference.

StuckInCA

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:10 am

but she says this when congresses approval rating is far less than his

that doesn't make her wrong

one of

one of? How about THE?

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 12):

Agreed

Bush is a complete failure in every sense of the word

Sadly true.

I have a hard time Imagining how it could have been worse. Before the 2000 election I joked that if someone as poorly spoken as GWB won the office I'd have to move to Canada to retain self respect. I've certainly gained no respect for him or for our country since then.

SlamClick

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:24 am

Quoting Lnglive1011yyz (Reply 16):
He has singlehandedly destroyed 50 years of strong, diplomatic, and honourable work to make the world a better place.

You should be ashamed for saying something so OBVIOUSLY untrue.

Did you forget that 9/11 was being planned long before he even announced his candidacy?
Your 'better' world sucked!

Blackbird

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:28 am

If she thinks Bush is such a failure, why doesn't she let Bush get impeached? She has more than enough people in Congress (Democrats) that would probably be willing to do it, and Kucinich has more than once brought up Articles of Impeachment

Andrea Kent

Falcon84

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:30 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 19):

Actually, what he said is absolutely the truth. He's put our friendships around the world into strained relationships, simply because other soverign nations dared to have the audacity to actually DISAGREE (gasp!) with him and his policies.

He's rolled back the clock on clean air, on enviornmental protections, won over the last 40 years, to help grease the tires of all his rich friends; he's widened the gap between richest and poorest to all-time highs; he's overseen outsourcing of thousands of high-paying jobs to other nations; he started a war on a third-world nation for no good reason.

It's the truth, and, fortunately, most Americans don't think like you, nor hold this failure of a president in the high regard you obviously do.

I'm going to love how grief-stricken you'll be the next 4 to 8 years while watching President Obama. It's worth it.

Did you forget that 9/11 was being planned long before he even announced his candidacy?

He even failed on 9/11. He had the chance to rally the world to our side, and took all that goodwill and flushed it down the shitter with his war on Iraq. So what really "sucks" is the U.S. under George W. Bush, and you're hero-worship of him.

PPVRA

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:32 am

- the rest of the world hates us (it's hard to remember now but Iran was sympathetic after 9/11)

Uhm, the world doesn't hate you, they hate your foreign policy. "Yankee go home" is nothing new.

Such as?

Ok, I don't like Bush either, but you call Vietnam and the Gulf War diplomatic work?

Falcon84

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:32 am

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 20):
If she thinks Bush is such a failure, why doesn't she let Bush get impeached? She has more than enough people in Congress (Democrats) that would probably be willing to do it, and Kucinich has more than once brought up Articles of Impeachment

Not really enough time left in his incumbency to even do that. We're talking that he'll be in office for just over 6 months. Why give the guy any sympathy? Let him go out in flames. My only worry, as reading the thread I just started on Iran and the FOX news story, is he'll try to take the next President, and another nation, in flames with him.

sv7887

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:35 am

the rest of the world hates us (it's hard to remember now but Iran was sympathetic after 9/11)

That's just to start.

I'd actually like someone to post a message with anything positive that Bush and his administration have actually done. ??? I can't actually think of anything?

Here's a simple one: Not a single Terrorist Attack against the US since 9/11

50 yrs of strong diplomatic honorable work?? What are you smoking? Where did 9/11 come from then??

The rest of the world hates us? Are you talking about the EU? What have they done to combat radical islam other than sit around and play Monday Morning Quarterback? What have they done in Darfur? Nothing. They sit around and engage in pointless dialogue and leave it to the Americans to sort out.

This comment is pure BS anyway. Go to India and see how many people line up for a US visa everyday. Funny how the world's largest democracy has only strengthened their ties with America since Bush took office..I find Americans are too ignorant in how the world perceives them.

Go look at the demand for H-lB visas and then go tell me whether the world hates us. I've actually lived in England, India and traveled across the world? Have you? Don't believe everything the DNC tells you.....

All this whining about domestic spying..You need to read a book about World War II internment camps, Mccarthyism, Vietnam, the Cold War and even RFK's illegal wiretaps on MLK. It's a fact of life, get over it. How come a democratic controlled Congress just approved protection for the Telecoms that carried out Bush's requests???

JFK started America's substantial involvement in Vietnam, 19000 troops were there when he died...His weakness in the Bay of Pigs set the stage for the Cuban Missile Crisis...People called JFK weak then, but history has been kinder to him. His attorney general RFK engaged in illegal surveillance, but we don't hear about that do we?

Now onto Iraq...So the 70% of Iraqis who risked their lives to vote in free elections means nothing? The same Iraqis who were tortured and brutalized under Saddam finally were free.He used chemical weapons on his own people and murdered Children!!!

Iraq wasn't our fight, but hindsight is always 20/20 Even the democratic Senate Foreign Intelligence Committee said Bush's actions were "Generally Substantiated" by the available intelligence at the time. Start reading on page 17 if you don't believe me. And if Bush "lied" how come he isn't being Impeached by a Democratic Controlled Congress????

Iraq may be dysfunctional, but ask the Shias and Kurds how they feel today. You take your freedoms for granted, but there is no price that is too great for freedom. My grandfather lived under British rule in India, so we can attest to the importance of freedom.

Bush is no saint, but I laugh at blaming the economy on him...So the rampant accounting fraud and foolish monetary policy during the dot.com boom was his fault????

The 2001 recession was pretty mild considering the amount of fraud that had taken place in addition to 9/11...George Bush didn't put a gun to your head and make you rack up credit card debt or get a mortgage you couldn't afford.....

As far as "he didn't win" get over yourself. Al Gore should have wiped the floor with Bush, but ran such an incompetent campaign..There have been numerous recounts conducted by the Press and Bush won every time...Rinse and repeat for the 2004 election...

But no, you don't want to hear the facts..Keep drinking the Pelosi Kool-Aid and waiting for the government to make decisions for you....

If you're so ashamed of your country go ahead and leave...There are millions of immigrants like myself who will kill for a chance to take your spot. America is what you make of it.

Boeing4ever

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:39 am

Just goes to show how our leadership has let us down almost EVERYWHERE.

First, my dear Nancy, thank you for being the master of the bleedin' obvious. Americans could have TOLD you this! What the HELL do we pay you for!? I mean really, while you were sitting on your ivory ass pondering this, (in your pea-sized mind) "revelation", how much real work could you have done concerning say our energy policy!?

What the HELL do we pay Georgey for too for that matter!?

You know, even with a Golden Parachute, CEOs would be forced to resign for such pathetic performance! These idiots walk all over us!

All I see here is one miserable s#%^-sniffing failure calling one of her own out for being the same as her.

Politicians are sub-human scum. The sooner we take away their benefits, pay, property, healthcare plans, and families, the better off America will be.

Pelosi, Bush, Cheney, Byrd...the sooner we press them under the thumb of the American people, the better! I hope Obama and McCain realize their place on the totem pole of life as politicians and gracefully accept their low status and abide by it.

When Bill Clinton's marriage was on the rocks and he was dodging pointless charges, while Congress suffered from sex scandel after sex scandel, America was doing great. When politicians get dignity...WE suffer! You want to see America recover? I got a simple answer for you all. Stop ignoring politicians and dehumanize them. Bring them back down to the level they belong.

When members of Congress can't sleep at night...when they worry about their retirement, their healthcare, where their families' next meal where come from, they will respect the people that put them into office and actually take action regarding the nation's issues. If they remain on a pedestal and are detached from reality, we suffer.

We MUST eliminate this silly notion that America's politicians are humans that deserve rights.

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane 

seb146

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:39 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 11):
what does that say about the quality of the work performed by the people whose responsibility was to monitor these agencies?

While she was in the minority party. The majority party (Republicans) told Clinton that selective strikes within Afgainstan was not nesscary because he had to stand impeachment proceedings.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 21):
He even failed on 9/11. He had the chance to rally the world to our side, and took all that goodwill and flushed it down the shitter with his war on Iraq.

Now, now, now... let's focus on the fact that he was more into reading "My Pet Goat" and getting his photo op with a bunch of third graders than leading a nation during a time of terrible tragedy. Iran (part of the "Axis of Evil") actually fought side by side with America troops in Afganistan after Sept 11.

Falcon84

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:42 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 24):
If you're so ashamed of your country go ahead and leave...

Stop that manure you're spreading, OK? I don't think there's a person on here who hates their country, dude. But we ARE terribly ashamed of this president, and the damage he's done to this great nation.

The highest form of patriotism, my friend, isn't getting in line, goose-step, with George W. Bush or any president. It's making your objections to what your government is doing known, and to have the freedom to do so without fear of reprisal. That's what is so great about this nation.

There's a difference between being ashamed of this nation, and being ashamed of its leader. I am certainly not in the first category, but I am in the second.

Personally, I think you've been smoking some good shit, if you really believe this guy is a good president. Fortunately, most of the nation thinks you're out of your mind.

Falcon84

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:44 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 26):
Iran (part of the "Axis of Evil") actually fought side by side with America troops in Afganistan after Sept 11.

Say what? I highly doubt that! You have a source to back that up?

The only way I could have seen Iraninan fighting side by side with our guys is if both the Iranian and American turned around and saw they were facing the enemy.  Smile

PPVRA

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:45 am

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 25):

Politicians are sub-human scum. The sooner we take away their benefits, pay, property, healthcare plans, and families, the better off America will be.

Maybe not their families, but I think they should not be paid or get paid very little. Maybe just a stipend for housing and travel.

sv7887

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:50 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 21):
He's rolled back the clock on clean air, on enviornmental protections, won over the last 40 years, to help grease the tires of all his rich friends; he's widened the gap between richest and poorest to all-time highs; he's overseen outsourcing of thousands of high-paying jobs to other nations; he started a war on a third-world nation for no good reason.

It's the truth, and, fortunately, most Americans don't think like you, nor hold this failure of a president in the high regard you obviously do.

I'm going to love how grief-stricken you'll be the next 4 to 8 years while watching President Obama. It's worth it.

You are very naive..
And what politician doesn't help their friends get rich?? What do you call renting out the Lincoln bedroom or accepting payments for Pardon of convicted felons like Marc Rich? I am not singling out Clinton, but they all do it...You think all those lobbyists give all that money for free? Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours....

Outsourcing started under NAFTA and Bill Clinton...I don't think Clinton would have signed that into law if he had known the extent to which this has damaged the USA. If you hate outsourcing so much then stop shopping at Walmart!!!!

As far as Iraq..Hindsight is 20/20...Go ask the DNC why they didn't stop GWB if the case for war was so thin...They didn't have the balls to go against a popular President and now are bitching and moaning about it...

But if you think Obama is your Messiah, you must be joking. He's a JFK wannabe with a whopping few years of experience. Hillary at least had the brains and Bill Clinton to guide her. Say what you want about the Clintons, but they are probably the most intelligent and pragmatic politicians in a very long time.

Obama is just an empty suit with a rockstar appeal. "Change we can believe in" what is that supposed to mean??? Backtracking on campaign finance reform? Letting your Ethanol buddies get rich while Food prices skyrocket across the world due to a half assed biofuels policy??

He is running the same campaign Deval Patrick used in Massachusetts. "Together We Can" was his slogan...In his first years he's spent 70K on office curtains and furniture, leased a Cadillac on tax payer's dime and got his lawyer wife a secretary on the taxpayer's dollar. He has no solutions to our deficits, Boston's crumbling schools, or our crime rates...

Together We Can Do Nothing...

Sorry we need the REAL JFK not some corrupt Chicago naif who doesn't have a clue.

Neither McCain or Obama are the right men for the job...What we need is a leader with a vision and integrity...Anyone feel like cloning President Kennedy and Robert Kennedy? They had their faults, but they were men of integrity and honor.

Falcon84

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 am

Keep up your love for Bush, friend. Lord knows he needs somoene telling him he's done a good job. At least you won't have to stand in a long line.  rotfl 

lnglive1011yyz

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 am

YOU should be ashamed.

You're making excuses for a pitiful President who is using the deaths of thousands of American's as an excuse to attack a third world country that had NO bearing on the 9/11 attacks whatsoever.. unless you include that wishy-washy non-evidence they've thrown around for years. Thousands of honorable men and women are giving their lives for a war that didn't need to be fought, in the wrong damn country! And they've all been brainwashed to think that it's all in the duty and honor of serving for their country. Sad.

He HAD the backing of the world for going after Al Qaeda. He HAD diplomatic power behind you on that. He deviated for SELF GREED, period!

The measure of a President is how he handles adverse situations. Throwing rocks and stones at innocent people instead of the ones who attacked you first, is the measure of a coward.

Period.

Oh, and let's talk about how he treated his own people.. remember Katrina? Perhaps he didn't bother to help them as fast as he could because there isn't anyone in New Orleans who can contribute to his or his party's campaigns... again.. coward.

No matter which way the evidence falls, a majority of american's think he's a pitiful President, and so does the rest of the world.

1011yyz

Mike89406

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:53 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 24):
I find Americans are too ignorant in how the world perceives them.

Not all of them I have traveled to many countries before and never felt resentment from the locals but thats just me.

Boeing4ever

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:54 am

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 29):
Maybe just a stipend for housing and travel.

Not even that! The President gets to live in the White House...a subsidized mansion! He/She must EARN it. Therefore, by law the President should live in a shack...if he or she does well in the first 100 days, then they will be permitted to spend one month in the White House. If their performance suffers, back to the shack they go, with their families.

Members of Congress, House and Senate are rich enough to afford their own cots. They can sleep in the Capitol Building. And that's VERY generous since WE'RE paying for it.

Those who enter elected office must turn over all of their assets to the treasury. Fail to win reelection due to poor performance, then your stuff gets sold at auction. No exceptions.

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane 

L-188

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:58 am

He is going down as one of the worst president's of all time

Hardly, that title for the 20th century probably belongs to Carter hands down.

But like other wartime Presidents who were despised by many (Truman, LBJ), I think history's judgment of him will not be as harsh as his current approval ratings.

That I agree with, I think that right now GW is in the basement, give it twenty years, he will move up.

Quoting AirCop (Reply 8):
Well, quite a few people stated Jimmy Carter was the "worst president" and that was way before the internet arrived in people's homes.

It doesn't take the internet to show what an incompetent louse he is. And when he opens his mouth lately he tends to confirm it.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 17):
didn't take much time for the usual, predictable Bush apologists to show up on here

Hell, what's your point? the usually, predictable Bush bashers where here from post 1.

Learn to use google and search for anti-aids programs in Africa, he has spent a hell of a lot of my tax dollars on those guys. Both for anti-aids programs but also for schools and other projects.

He was a lot better then most people would have credited him for with his handling of the immediate aftermath of 9/11. Remember his speech from the rubble with the bullhorn on September 14, 2001?

Second he did a very good job of blunting the effect on the economy that the tech bubble burst (Started prior to his election), the Enron scandal (Also for tax years prior to his election) and 9/11. We should have tanked a hell of a lot harder then we did.

Where he did screw up there was that they didn't pull back on the reins hard enough and that created other problems.

On December 3, 2003, President Bush signed legislation implementing key provisions of his Healthy Forests Initiative. The President's initiative is helping restore the health and vitality of forests and rangelands, and helping reduce the threat of catastrophic wildfires. This is benefiting communities and wildlife habitats.

Since 2001, the President's four budgets have increased basic pay by 21 percent. President Bush also increased monthly Imminent Danger pay from $150 to $225

Allowed armed airline pilots

Has been promoting using the 2002 area of ANWR for oil drilling....just like Jimmy Carter set it aside for.

Has stood up to the UN. Removed US troops from the worry of having to end up under UN command.

Pushed for reforms inside the UN to eliminate much of the corruption that currently permeates that group.

sv7887

Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:59 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 27):
Personally, I think you've been smoking some good shit, if you really believe this guy is a good president. Fortunately, most of the nation thinks you're out of your mind.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 27):
Stop that manure you're spreading, OK? I don't think there's a person on here who hates their country, dude. But we ARE terribly ashamed of this president, and the damage he's done to this great nation.

Oh please...I was responding about the poster who said something about moving to Canada if Bush got elected..

Where did I say George Bush was a good President? This whole "Worst President Ever" is a crock of nonsense...

You're so terribly Ashamed? Awwww how touching. Go DO something about it then instead of whining like Pelosi and her whopping 17% approval rate.

How did George Bush make you get into debt? How did George Bush make idiots sign mortgages people couldn't afford? How did George Bush tell people not to study and get an education?

I'm an independent voter but this is my problem with Democrats. They expect the Government to do everything..

Read my earlier posts how is it we can come from the goddamned villages of India in 1982 and drive a Mercedes today? Magic?

If immigrants like us can do it, what the heck is stopping people who've been here for Generations??????

Outsourcing? Before his time...Recession??? Pick up a book on Economics and understand the President gets little credit for Economic policy.

That's the thing: The DNC is a bunch of whiners. They moan about Flip Flops, Bush, etc..

Got a better plan? Let's hear it. What has Pelosi and the DNC done in their time in Congress? Nothing!

redflyer

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:03 am

Well, the truth does hurt. He is going down as one of the worst president's of all time.

Bush's success or failure as President won't be known for another few decades. That is how long it will take for the full impact of his decisions and actions to be known. As others have pointed out, there are other past Presidents whose stature out of office was far different than their approval ratings while in office. Of course, there are those whose failings in office will never be redeemed regardless of how many years pass (e.g., Carter).

What I find interesting in Pelosi's comments is the utter lack of a true leader's qualities. Rather than own up to the problems in her Congress, or at the very least try to explain them however difficult that might be, she points to someone else's failures. By analogy, that would be like asking a subordinate why their team's performance is so lackluster and having him/her say "Well, just look at the OTHER team and see how F'd up they are!"

Totally unacceptable and clearly it's obvious there is a lack of character and leadership in the current Congress.

lnglive1011yyz

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:04 am

Quoting Mike89406 (Reply 33):

Not all of them I have traveled to many countries before and never felt resentment from the locals but thats just me.

Walk around with the flag hanging outta ur back pocket, and see how many times you get spit at.

It's sad, because I for one, love your country and people, but *I* hear people all over the place saying such nasty things about you guys, all because of a select few really ignorant people.

It's really sad.

1011yyz

Mike89406

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:08 am

Quoting Lnglive1011yyz (Reply 38):

Walk around with the flag hanging outta ur back pocket, and see how many times you get spit at.

It's sad, because I for one, love your country and people, but *I* hear people all over the place saying such nasty things about you guys, all because of a select few really ignorant people.

It's really sad.

1011yyz

I havent experianced that personally and i'm in the military a lot of these places I went to was on deployment and you don't have to wear a flag they know when your american and they can definitley spot you out as military or not.

It's really sad.

1011yyz

It seems that the disagreement comes in when politics is brought up.

[Edited 2008-07-17 21:13:02]

sv7887

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:14 am

It's really sad.

Gee, I go to India all the time and don't get spit at...I talk to my Jewish friends and don't get spit at...I used to live in England and didn't get spit at..

Get my drift???

No one seems to have an answer how an Indian family like mine can come to America and do well in twenty five years..How is it we did well and people who have been here for generations are bitching and moaning about how the government didn't save them? And we aren't some special case either, Indian-Americans are amongst the richest minority groups in the USA...So if we can do it, how come you can't?

Is it magic?

The Libs want to blame Bush for outsourcing, but he wasn't around for NAFTA..They want to blame him to Oil prices, but he didn't tell you to buy a SUV. They want to blame him for Credit Card debt and Mortgages....Did Bush put a gun to your head and tell you to take a second mortgage and go on vacation???

But noooo...it's easier to blame Bush rather than blame themselves...So typical of the American Left...the whole "victim" mentality.

If America was SOOO hated, Indians wouldn't jam the streets with lines outside the US Embassy every morning for a Visa

If America was SOOO bad, there wouldn't be a record Demand for H-1B visas!

I am not even a Bush supporter, but the liberal rhetoric makes me laugh. "Worst President Ever" just tells me that no one has ever read a history book...Andrew Johnson, Nixon, Warren Harding...etc etc

I think we should make AP US History mandatory in American schools..

[Edited 2008-07-17 21:19:00]

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 am

Interesting that she calls bush a failure

What has Pelosi ever accomplished?

rwsea

Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:45 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 41):
What has Pelosi ever accomplished?

That's irrelevant. Bush being a failure doesn't automatically mean Pelsoi can't be one too. They both are.

QXatFAT

Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:31 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 36):
I'm an independent voter but this is my problem with Democrats. They expect the Government to do everything..

I like how I have heard it said before "It doesnt take much to be a Democrat, but it takes a hell of a lot to be a Republican."

Why do people all of a sudden think if you do not bash Bush, you think he is the best President ever? The guy is in no way the worst President ever. Although you say this now, in 16 years, see what people say then. After the likes of McCain or Obama people might even have their own opinions in the reverse of Bush.

Pelosi is an idiot to me. She has every right to say what she will like but sometimes you need to know when to say it. When America is in the possition its in right now, then next thing Americans need is more bashing coming from all angles. Way to encourage the American population.

All of these Dems. bashing Bush on here too and even Rep. who are bashing him and Congress need to look at themselves and who THEY voted for. Your "Do Nothing" Congress is sill doing nothing. You all hated congress and voted in your Democrats and they are just as worse or even worse than the Republican dominated Congress that was in before. You talk about these different people impeaching Bush this and that, well they never had the balls to actually do it huh? Maybe because it would never follow through. A

You all sicken me to the core!

DocLightning

Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:57 am

He signed a few education bills (NOT No Child Left Behind, which was a disaster) that were pretty good.

L-188

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:07 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 44):
NOT No Child Left Behind, which was a disaster

Agreed about that law.

One of the bigger screw ups of GW's presidency.

I hope all the anti-gw cool-aid drinkers noted that I just critised him for someting...I go both ways

DocLightning

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:19 am

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 43):
All of these Dems. bashing Bush on here too and even Rep. who are bashing him and Congress need to look at themselves and who THEY voted for. Your "Do Nothing" Congress is sill doing nothing. You all hated congress and voted in your Democrats and they are just as worse or even worse than the Republican dominated Congress that was in before. You talk about these different people impeaching Bush this and that, well they never had the balls to actually do it huh? Maybe because it would never follow through. A

I agree with you there, but now I have a problem.

I can vote for Democrats who will do nothing, or Republicans who can harm the country even more.

Not a great choice.

NIKV69

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:32 am

Well, the truth does hurt. He is going down as one of the worst president's of all time. No amount of sugar-coating can change that fact.

Sorry but Peanut boy Jummy Carter won that award a long time ago and will never be topped.

sv7887

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:26 pm

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 43):

You all sicken me to the core!

Excellent post! You see though, it's easier for Dems to blame everyone but themselves for their problems. "Wah Wah Wah Government is supposed to save me..."

The card carrying Libs have no explanation for how an immigrant family like mine made it in this country in only 20 yrs. Magic? Nope just plain hard work...America gave us a visa, and we took it from there..My parents nor I expect the "Government" to hand us anything on a platter.

Liberal Americans need to stop whining and help themselves. I swear to god, you all whine like a bunch of entitled spoiled brats..

Yes somehow George Bush came into their homes put a pistol to their head and make them rack up credit card debt and buy homes they couldn't afford..George Bush told them not to study and get a good education, and oh yes, George Bush is somehow responsible for a bunch of Islamic nutcases who planned for years to fly planes into buildings!!!!!

You know things are messed up when there is more fuss kicked up over American Idol and "Spygate" than going to war with Iraq!!!

Anyway, here is what Carlos Mencia has to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V1CPUxR52o&feature=related

[Edited 2008-07-18 05:38:00]

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:35 pm

Quoting RwSEA (Reply 42):
That's irrelevant. Bush being a failure doesn't automatically mean Pelsoi can't be one too. They both are.

No I really want to know what she has done if anything? I hate that cunt so much I almost wish GW could run for a third term just to piss in her cornflakes.