HALFA
Topic Author

Obama Putting My Town On The Map

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:06 am

Barack Obama and family have been staying in Kailua, Hawaii on the island of O'ahu this week during his much publicized family vacation. I was born and raised in Kailua, Hawaii and still reside here. He and family are holed up in an ocean front estate down the road from my home and there have been Obama sightings by friends and family members all week. My neighbor got a hand shake from him on the golf course yesterday, and my parents saw him on their daily walk at Kailua Beach park the other day.
When Barack Obama wins the U.S. Presidency in November (and that's not if, but when, we all know he's going to win), will Kailua, Hawaii become the new Crawford, Texas or Kinnebunkport, Maine? I kind of hope not, I'd rather my town stay off the tourist circuit.
Big version: Width: 1152 Height: 864 File size: 283kb
My Town..........Kailua, Hawaii

Barack Obama and family are staying in an estate on this beach in Kailua, Hawaii.

Aloha,
HALFA
Hawaiian Airlines Since 1929...........

jetjack74

RE: Obama Putting My Town On The Map

Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Quoting HALFA (Thread starter):
When Barack Obama wins the U.S. Presidency in November (and that's not if, but when, we all know he's going to win), will Kailua, Hawaii become the new Crawford, Texas or Kinnebunkport, Maine? I kind of hope not, I'd rather my town stay off the tourist circuit.

Don't worry. None of what you posted above will happen.
Made from jets!

D L X

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:29 pm

will Kailua, Hawaii become the new Crawford, Texas

No. The White House under a President Obama will be in Washington.

I also suspect that The White House under a President McCain will be in Washington, despite McCain's sprawling Sedona, Arizona compound. The "Western White House" was a bad idea from the start, and deserved the panning it got nationwide.

skyservice_330

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:33 pm

When Barack Obama wins the U.S. Presidency in November (and that's not if, but when, we all know he's going to win)

Can I borrow your crystal ball when you are done with it?

jetjack74

Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Quoting SKYSERVICE_330 (Reply 3):

Nope, it'll be needed for Obama's foriegn policy advisor under his Administration. So sorry.
Made from jets!

HALFA
Topic Author

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 1):
Don't worry. None of what you posted above will happen.

Oh it will Jack but just think, by this time next year, you will be a Delta flight attendant and you can bid for HNL layovers. I'll be happy to pick you up and bring you out to Kailua and show you Obama's beach house, I'll even buy you a Mai Tai (you seem kind of stressed on these forums, it might help you relax).

Quoting SKYSERVICE_330 (Reply 3):

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 4):
Nope, it'll be needed for Obama's foriegn policy advisor under his Administration.

As opposed to McCain's foreign policy advisor (leiberman) following him around making sure he knows his Sunnis from his Shia, and to remind him that Czechoslovakia hasn't existed for nearly 20 years. Heck just last week, when McCain found out the Russians had bombed Georgia, he proposed sending troops to Atlanta.  Smile Shit happens when you get old.

HALFA

MaidensGator

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm

Quoting HALFA (Reply 5):

As opposed to McCain's foreign policy advisor (leiberman) following him around making sure he knows his Sunnis from his Shia, and to remind him that Czechoslovakia hasn't existed for nearly 20 years.

Yeah, and Obama thinks there are 57 states... come on, these slips of the tongue won't decide the election, and if you think they will you're dreaming...
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

UN_B732

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Yes; Obama misspoke. Happens to everybody.

-A
What now?

D L X

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:20 pm

Quoting Maidensgator (Reply 6):
Yeah, and Obama thinks there are 57 states...

I'm surprised this toolish comment keeps floating around, and I don't think people are being honest when they say he actually thinks that.

I'll grant you the Czechoslovakia issue. Even though it's not a country anymore, it was, and it was recently. It's still a region, just like Yugoslavia is, and hell, just like Prussia is. I wouldn't deduct points from McCain for that.

I do worry about things like McCain not knowing Shia from Sunni when in Iraq, and mispronouncing Saakashvili's name, when he claims to know the man well.

To HALFA, I'd say don't count your chickens before they hatch. I hope Obama wins (though I'd be fine with McCain too), but it's far from a "done deal". If you want those chickens to hatch, you better be on the ground doing the work to make sure they hatch - don't just HOPE for it.

HALFA
Topic Author

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:48 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 8):
To HALFA, I'd say don't count your chickens before they hatch. I hope Obama wins (though I'd be fine with McCain too), but it's far from a "done deal".

Sorry D L X, I forgot to attach my smiley face thingy that meant my comment was to be taken as sarcasm, as well as annoy the daily Obama bashers. One of the lead Obama bashers took the bait and was first to reply. Big surprise.  Smile

There is no doubt that this will be a close race and I will be hoping for an Obama victory, but like you, I won't be bitterly disappointed if McCain pulls it out, as I feel America will be in much better shape no matter who wins.

HALFA