STT757
Topic Author

Kudos To Trump

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:53 am

Say what you want, this is a very generous gesture by Donald Trump.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080815/ap_en_tv/people_ed_mcmahon
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

Superfly

RE: Kudos To Trump

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:54 am

Quoting STT757 (Thread starter):

Ha ha ha!
YES  bigthumbsup 
Bring back the Concorde

tb727

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:01 am

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. Must be nice to have that kind of cash!
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!

stratosphere

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:22 am

Quoting Tb727 (Reply 2):
Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. Must be nice to have that kind of cash!

Yeah in a way it's nice..But if you can't work like old Ed can't right now maybe he should have sold his 7000 sq ft house with 5 bathrooms..Hell it's only him and his wife isn't it? and move into something more affordable..I think Trumps money would have been better spent helping some people who are losing houses (plural) for the money he spent on this house who have families and are losing thier jobs not the ones who made bad decisions and took on more than they can handle and not ol' Ed who I am sure still has plenty of cash. But Trump can spend his money they way he wants...Just my 2 cents.

huskyaviation

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Quoting Stratosphere (Reply 3):
I think Trumps money would have been better spent helping some people who are losing houses (plural) for the money he spent on this house who have families and are losing thier jobs not the ones who made bad decisions and took on more than they can handle and not ol' Ed who I am sure still has plenty of cash.

Sigh, I was wondering how long this sour grapes comment would take, and lo and behold it only took 2 replies. If someone makes a nice gesture, there is always someone else on here who will say that there are needier people out there (OMG, WORKING FAMILIES!!!) and they should have been helped first. Boohoo.

BTW, I don't think Ed has "plenty of cash," and his house has been on the market for something like 2 years.

Good on Trump for doing this, this was a sad story.

corocks

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Yes, while it is a nice gesture, it is still just partly a business deal for Trump. He is not going to just give them the house, he is charging him rent. Probably making a pretty penny out of it.

luv2fly

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Quoting Corocks (Reply 5):
Yes, while it is a nice gesture, it is still just partly a business deal for Trump. He is not going to just give them the house, he is charging him rent. Probably making a pretty penny out of it.

I would have thought more of "THE" Donald had he kept his pie hole shut about the whole situation.
You can cut the irony with a knife

bristolflyer

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Quoting Corocks (Reply 5):
Yes, while it is a nice gesture, it is still just partly a business deal for Trump. He is not going to just give them the house, he is charging him rent. Probably making a pretty penny out of it

Not to mention buying a $7m house for $4.75m.
Fortune favours the brave

TylerDurden

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:16 pm

Quoting STT757 (Thread starter):

Yeah, right!
He got $10M in publicity for buying a $7M house for $4.8M.
No really the humanitarian gesture a lot of people think....but likely good business sense (and it does help out that lush McMahon).

Truly good deeds are generally not handled by your publicist!

asuflyer05

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:52 pm

It's not really that great of a deal. The house was listed at $4.6 million last weekend and Trump paid $4.8 for it.

The home was previously 'listed' at $7.0 million. Homes are only worth what they sell for and it's been on the market for two years. So I imagine it isn't really worth $7.0m, otherwise it would have sold.

TylerDurden

Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:00 pm

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 9):
The home was previously 'listed' at $7.0 million.

Having been born, raised (and flipped a few condos in Los Angeles)----you can certain that it will regain it's original value--or close to it--in a few years.

It was a smart move by The Donald. But no, it was not much of a humanitarian gesture. He knew a great deal when he saw it.....that's what he's all about.

MaidensGator

Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:54 pm

Quoting BristolFlyer (Reply 7):

Not to mention buying a $7m house for $4.75m

Quoting TylerDurden (Reply 8):
He got $10M in publicity for buying a $7M house for $4.8M.

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 9):
It's not really that great of a deal. The house was listed at $4.6 million last weekend and Trump paid $4.8 for it.

Did we read the same article? Nowhere do I see what Trump paid. In fact the article says Trump is "buying it for an undisclosed amount and leasing it to McMahon."

Since the house hasn't sold at $4.6 million in two years, Trump probably got a nice short sale from Countrywide. He is an astute businessman, and if he can pick up the house at a good price, and get publicity such as he's getting, why not?
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

TylerDurden

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:11 pm

Quoting MaidensGator (Reply 11):
and if he can pick up the house at a good price, and get publicity such as he's getting, why not?

Pretty much what people are saying......

Quoting MaidensGator (Reply 11):
Trump is "buying it for an undisclosed amount and leasing it to McMahon

Just using the lowest figure as an example. McMahon picked it up in 1990 for $2.6M. Once it's actually sold...it's very easy to look up the sale price. I called my realtor and they don't have the info yet since the deal is not done....

Superfly

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:14 pm

Too bad Donald Trump's idea for rebuilding the World Trade Center didn't go through.
People can bash him for wanting publicity but Mr. Trump has some great ideas and more balls than anyone else that claimed to have ideas for the space in which the twin towers once stood.
Bring back the Concorde

asuflyer05

Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:22 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 13):
Too bad Donald Trump's idea for rebuilding the World Trade Center didn't go through.

People can bash him for wanting publicity but Mr. Trump has some great ideas and more balls than anyone else that claimed to have ideas for the space in which the twin towers once stood.

He's got the balls to tell the victim's families they need to kick rocks instead of pandering to everyone's desires like all the politicians have done. The reason it's taken so long to rebuild is the infighting amongst the different victim's family groups.