Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

D L X

RE: Sarah Palin To Be Grandmother

Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:57 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 47):
Right, but that can easily be accessed by going to JNU for it. It is, after all, public record.

I don't know what JNU is. Care to share?

And it if is easily accessible as a public record, please point me to it.

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 38):
My question to you all: Why do you care?

Why are conservatives so afraid of the scrutiny? Because they have something to hide, apparently.

Superfly

Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Quoting Dan2002 (Reply 48):
Well Sarah Palin did say to drill in Alaska

LOL!  rotfl 

Damn, that was a good one.
The political satire potential over this issue incredible.
Who needs the comedy channel when you got the Republican Party? Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

johns624

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Luv2fly---Why don't you just admit that you hate women?

agill

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:08 pm

Funny how a pregnant woman still in 2008 can get people so worked up.

Charles79

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 38):
My question to you all: Why do you care?

Well, if nobody cared then why did she make the point of making an announcement about it? Sorry, but when you run on such an ultraconservative platform that you don't even want sex education on the schools then you open yourself (and your family) to that more scrutiny.

Yes, Palin is the candidate, not her daughter, and what should really count is her ability to run the nation and not her personal, private life. But the stakes are too high. Moreover, the Republican party was asking for something like this by promoting so heavily how she opposes sex education and how she is pushing abstinence. Well, that all goes out the window when not even your family believes the crap that's coming out of your mouth.

I guess it comes down to the fact that these modern "conservatives" make a living promoting a government that regulates your private life, limits your personal choices, even to the point of what you can or cannot do with your own body yet they want to keep their private lives private the minute it's public news that their own households are not living up to the "moral standards" that they want to force on the rest of us.

And just for the record, this goes for both parties.

luv2fly

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:17 pm

Quoting Johns624 (Reply 52):
Luv2fly---Why don't you just admit that you hate women?

It has nothing to do with being a Woman, just pointing out the double standards being shoved down our throats.
You can cut the irony with a knife

aerokiwi

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:44 pm

If Palin's granddaughter is fair game this election cycle, then what about Obama's half brother who lives in a slum in Nairobi and lives off less than a dollar a month? Hypocrisy on all sides once again (Obama being oh-so-concerned for the poor - just not his half brother).

And Luv2fly - having peddled the myth that Palin covered for her daiughter, are you now conceding that this was a total fabrication by questioning Palin's fitness as a mother?

luv2fly

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:56 pm

Quoting Aerokiwi (Reply 56):
And Luv2fly - having peddled the myth that Palin covered for her daiughter, are you now conceding that this was a total fabrication by questioning Palin's fitness as a mother?

Yes if she was in fact pregnant then she put her life, the life of her unborn baby in harms way, flying and leaking fluid, a commercial flight at that. Then the hospitals in ANC were not good enough she drove another 45 minutes. Wow tough is one thing out right stupid is another.

aerokiwi

Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:58 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 57):
Yes if she was in fact pregnant then she put her life, the life of her unborn baby in harms way, flying and leaking fluid, a commercial flight at that. Then the hospitals in ANC were not good enough she drove another 45 minutes. Wow tough is one thing out right stupid is another.

Ok then, I'll trust your maternal experience is greater than mine... and Sarah Palin's for that matter.

Now, about Obama's half brother living in squalor...

luv2fly

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:03 pm

Quoting Aerokiwi (Reply 58):
Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 57):

Ok then, I'll trust your maternal experience is greater than mine... and Sarah Palin's for that matter.

Now, about Obama's half brother living in squalor...

You want me to send him a check or what? Maybe he is not his brothers keeper?

QANTAS077

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:13 pm

bet ya'll a $10a that if it was Obama's daughter it'd be fair game and the accusations of him being an unfit father would be flying thick & fast.

isn't this the same Sarah Palin that backed abstinence-education?

Quote:
Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?

Palin: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/01/1320417.aspx

worked wonders in the Palin house of sex-ed.

aerokiwi

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 59):
You want me to send him a check or what? Maybe he is not his brothers keeper?

Maybe you should send it to the Obama campaign on the prerequisite it goes to his half brother living in a slum in Nairobi.

I bring it up because you started to complain about "double standards" earlier. Well, here's the biggest of them all - Obama can fly around in his personal 757 peddling the story that he cares about poor Americans and the Republicans don't and he's a family man and so on and on, yet he let's his own half brother live in a slum. A SLUM! The contrast and hypocrisy couldn't be starker.

luv2fly

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 60):
worked wonders in the Palin house of sex-ed.

Must have been all those International trip that Sarah Palin was on when she should have been talking to her daughter about S.E.X. Oh wait she only got her passport in 2007.

Flighty

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:21 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 60):
isn't this the same Sarah Palin that backed abstinence-education?

She and McCain are both free-thinking people, unlike many in their party.

I really doubt McCain is going to be "defending marriage" in his spare time or any such.

This whole thing is rather funny. So what if a girl over 16 is pregnant, do we think it makes Jesus cry? After all he himself was born in similar circumstances was he not?.... so what is the big deal? In other news, I ate an apple recently, another natural process that was quite enjoyable.

Alias1024

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:23 pm

I care less about the pregnancy, than the exploitation of the hurricane Gustav by the McCain campaign. Does anyone think it's a coincidence that on the day the media is focused on a natural disaster, it's announced that Palin has hired an attorney for her scandal over the firing of the state trooper and her daughter's pregnancy is confirmed?

I thought both campaigns did the right thing when they basically shut everything down while the hurricane bore down on Louisiana. Then the Republicans screwed it up by deciding to try and bury these stories while the media is distracted.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

AirframeAS

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 49):
I don't know what JNU is.

The airport code for Juneau, Alaska. You're on an aviation website. You should know where PJNU is. Think about it..... It'll come to you!  sarcastic 

Sure... Applying for passports and applying for an airline job or any government job... that is only the beginning. I remember the Freedom of Information Act includes birth certificates as public documents. You should know this too. That is what the act is for!

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 50):
You might want to losen that tin hat your currently wearing.

Sorry, tinfoils hats are not my style. YOU might want to loosen YOURS... You can do better than that. If you know for a fact that Bristol never took sex education and have proof, please, please, please.... share it with us. We'd be delighted to know! If your claim that shows proof that "Bristol never took sex education in school" is valid, then I'll eat my own crow. Please back up your assumptions with facts and provide a real and valid source.

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 55):
It has nothing to do with being a Woman, just pointing out the double standards being shoved down our throats.

That is pure BS and you know it. You believe anything that is on the internet, it seems. You only want to believe in things that you don't have all the information to and jump to conclusions. Give us a break!

If Palin's granddaughter is fair game this election cycle, then what about Obama's half brother who lives in a slum in Nairobi and lives off less than a dollar a month? Hypocrisy on all sides once again (Obama being oh-so-concerned for the poor - just not his half brother).

I thought Obama was the one that made it specifically clear to leave his family out of the election cycle after that mishap concerning Michelle Obama. And that is fine. If Obama wants his family left out of the election cycle, it is only fair game to leave Palin's family out of the election cycle. You can't have it one way... If you do it for your family, you have to do it for other people too...

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 59):
You want me to send him a check or what?

You don't get it. Keep spinning, dude.... Your popularity is quickly diminishing on this site, which is sad. Chose something else to bash because this is getting old.

Lets put this to bed.... Its over with. Deal with it!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

luv2fly

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:31 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 65):
I thought Obama was the one that made it specifically clear to leave his family out of the election cycle after that mishap concerning Michelle Obama. And that is fine. If Obama wants his family left out of the election cycle, it is only fair game to leave Palin's family out of the election cycle. You can't have it one way... If you do it for your family, you have to do it for other people too...

Palin dragged her whole family to the photo op in DAY when McCain announced her as his running mate. It is not like Obama had his brother there with him now did he.

luv2fly

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:33 pm

You don't get it. Keep spinning, dude.... Your popularity is quickly diminishing on this site, which is sad. Chose something else to bash because this is getting old.

Lets put this to bed.... Its over with. Deal with it!

I don't base my self worth on popularity of a internet site, news flash I am out of high school.

And if you feel it is getting old then do like Elaine from Seinfeld and "STEP OFF"

[Edited 2008-09-01 17:03:24]

luv2fly

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:36 pm

All the good topics have been taken like going to war with Russia, who's idea was that again...

AirframeAS

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:49 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 66):
Palin dragged her whole family to the photo op in DAY when McCain announced her as his running mate.

This is not uncommon and you know it. Politicians do this. I don't see how this is even an issue or relevant to the discussion.  Confused

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 67):
....news flash I am out of high school.

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 67):
..Ealine...

Says a lot!  scratchchin   sarcastic 

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 68):
All the good topics have been taken like going to war with Russia, who's idea was that again...

Completely off topic!

Aaron747

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:50 pm

Palin dragged her whole family to the photo op in DAY when McCain announced her as his running mate. It is not like Obama had his brother there with him now did he.

Idiotic comment. Obama was quite clear about why he wants this issue left untouched in the campaign, as he was born to an 18 year-old mother. So unless you want to drag him through the mud too, best to live and let live with Palin and her daughter.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

bristolflyer

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:00 am

In the spirit of presidential campaigning, BristolFlyer realeases this announcement from his campaign headquarters (his house in Phoenix):

'I would like to take this opportunity to deny any link to this lady, depite being my namesake. I did not have relations with this person.

I'm BristolFlyer, and I endorse this message.'

wink 
Fortune favours the brave

AirframeAS

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:05 am

Quoting BristolFlyer (Reply 71):

LOL!!!!!!!!!! We're not talking about you, I promise! If we were...my gf would kick my lil butt all the way to uhhhh my home planet of uhhh... Ok this is off topic... But it is funny though.

johns624

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:40 am

Palin dragged her whole family to the photo op in DAY when McCain announced her as his running mate.

So she's supposed to ignore her family and act like they don't exist? Get real! Maybe she's proud of her family and wanted to share the moment with them.
I don't know how you can get all worked up with hatred for someone who a week ago you didn't even know was alive?

RSWA330

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:45 am

Are you purposely trying to make the democrats look bad? Obama's wife and daughters were on the stage during the DNC. Also, the fact that you bring up Obama's brother makes me wonder if you are trying to make him look bad.

luv2fly

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:48 am

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 74):
Also, the fact that you bring up Obama's brother makes me wonder if you are trying to make him look bad.

Again read before you post I never brought up Obamas brother.

JBirdAV8r

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:51 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 75):

Um...

You need sleep...you'll be happier in the morning.  Smile
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

Triebwerk

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 am

I just hope that the pregnancy goes fine and that Sarah Palin gets a happy, healthy grandson or granddaughter. It's not in my domain to point the finger.

D L X

Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 am

The airport code for Juneau, Alaska. You're on an aviation website. You should know where PJNU is. Think about it..... It'll come to you!   

Oh, I know what the airport code JNU is -- i just didn't think you were saying something so unreasonable as suggesting that I fly to Juneau to find out the answer... especially when the kid was born in the Anchorage area.  Yeah sure

luv2fly

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:08 am

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 76):

You need sleep...you'll be happier in the morning.

It was a response to another person post, I never brought up Obamas bother first.

And as far as sleep don't worry I am fine.

RSWA330

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:09 am

See below...

It is not like Obama had his brother there with him now did he.

I promise to read before I post if you promise to THINK before you post. I think I just answered my question though. I think you are just out to start an argument and could care less about Palin or any other candidate for that matter. No sane person could say the things you say and expect to be taken seriously.

D L X

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:13 am

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 80):

See below...

It is not like Obama had his brother there with him now did he.

I promise to read before I post if you promise to THINK before you post

Careful, this line will really make you look like a fool. Aerokiwi's the one that for whatever brilliant reason thought Obama's brother was a good thing to talk about:

If Palin's granddaughter is fair game this election cycle, then what about Obama's half brother

Alias1024

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:26 am

Quoting Triebwerk (Reply 78):
I just hope that the pregnancy goes fine and that Sarah Palin gets a happy, healthy grandson or granddaughter. It's not in my domain to point the finger.

checkmark 

I couldn't care less if her daughter is pregnant. Teens are unruly and will do what they want. It happens to lots of good parents every year. It won't have any effect on my view of Gov. Palin.

The irony of her push for abstinence only education is kinda funny though.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

luv2fly

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:35 am

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 80):
I promise to read before I post

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

JakeOrion

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:45 am

Why are conservatives so afraid of the scrutiny? Because they have something to hide, apparently.

Hide what? She's pregnant, oh cry me a river. The world is going to end because a teenager defied her mom! Oh my god! A rebellious teenager! For f**ks sake...

Quoting Charles79 (Reply 54):
Well, if nobody cared then why did she make the point of making an announcement about it? Sorry, but when you run on such an ultraconservative platform that you don't even want sex education on the schools then you open yourself (and your family) to that more scrutiny.

1) Because of stupid posts like this, because of the flak from the media. What do you think she was going to do? Ignore it? Let it die, therefore we can attack her for not stepping up to the issue? In my eyes, your logic is a no-win situation. THAT is unfair.

2) SHE believes in no sex ed in school, we have no idea what her FAMILY thinks. Its one thing to attack an outspoken family member (Michelle Obama for example) but its another when a family member has not said ANYTHING political and yet you attack them anyway. This is cheap, and if you were in this situation, I am 100% sure you would not want your family to experience this. Its one thing for you to be attacked, but your family, when they are on the side-lines? Thats bullshit and all of you know it.

Quoting Charles79 (Reply 54):
Yes, Palin is the candidate, not her daughter, and what should really count is her ability to run the nation and not her personal, private life. But the stakes are too high. Moreover, the Republican party was asking for something like this by promoting so heavily how she opposes sex education and how she is pushing abstinence. Well, that all goes out the window when not even your family believes the crap that's coming out of your mouth.

Then I want you to control your child/teenager 100% of the time. I mean all the time. Don't let them go out, have boyfriends/girlfriends, after school activities, heck, even home school them. Sound reasonable? This is exactly what you are implying with above statement. While her daughter made a poor choice, her daughter has nothing to do with politics. Its a personal family matter that should not have been made an issue.

Do you see any attacks on say, John Edwards family? I only see attacks on him, but I haven't heard a peep out of his wife and/or kids on the news networks, even FOX news.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

Flighty

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:53 am

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 84):
SHE believes in no sex ed in school

And therefore she's a big idiot on that particular issue, I think that is what concerns people, her possibly being a fool when it comes to some issues of public concern.

It's not really about the girl, it's about mom's politics and whether they make any sense for anybody, such as herself.

RSWA330

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:54 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 81):
Careful, this line will really make you look like a fool. Aerokiwi's the one that for whatever brilliant reason thought Obama's brother was a good thing to talk about:

Hmm. I apologize to you Luv2fly. I was not aware that someone else brought up his brother first. I read your statement out of context. I still stand by my statement though that you have made some statements without thinking. You still think 4 moth old Trig could be Bristol's son even though she is currently 5 months pregnant.

DUH!

luv2fly

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:58 am

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 86):
You still think 4 moth old Trig could be Bristol's son even though she is currently 5 months pregnant.

DUH!

Were being told she is 5 months so your taking that for gospel. Time will tell the truth comes out in the end, we will have to wait and see.

PSA727

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:59 am

Hmmm...didn't Obama's half-sister speak at the DNC? I guess his brother's invitation
must have gotten lost in the mail. Can someone tell me, how's the mail system in the
slums of Kenya, is it slow?
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

RSWA330

Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:59 am

Quoting Flighty (Reply 85):
And therefore she's a big idiot on that particular issue, I think that is what concerns people, her possibly being a fool when it comes to some issues of public concern.

That is just the thing. Some of us don't think sex ed is an issue of public concern. It's an issue of private concern. The government should not be our baby sitter!

JakeOrion

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 am

That is your opinion and I agree with you on it, but attack her opinion/policies! "Her policies suck! She's too ultra conservative!" Something! But attacking the family? Come on.

It's not really about the girl

Thread proves otherwise...

it's about mom's politics and whether they make any sense for anybody, such as herself.

That is why it is up to you, the voter, to decide what you think is best for this country. Here's the unfortunate truth, no matter who gets picked for office, its either damn or damned. Like I've said for the past year, this election is going to suck, even with Palin as McCain's VP.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

johns624

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 87):
Were being told she is 5 months so your taking that for gospel. Time will tell the truth comes out in the end, we will have to wait and see.

So you're saying that a 17 year old girl who just delivered a baby with Down's Syndrome is going to get pregnant again within a month?

aerokiwi

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:02 am

I brought up Obama's brother becuase it's a legitimate topic of discussion. As legitimate, of course, as Palin's daughter's pregnancy. Or are we applying double standards here?

RSWA330

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 87):

The truth already came out. The whole reason they admitted Bristol's pregnancy today was because their campaign was swamped with calls concerning the Trig/Bristol rumor that was already circling the internet. They wanted to put that absurd rumor to rest. I give them credit for being honest. I give even more credit to McCain for still picking her even though he already knew about the pregnancy. It shows he is very confident in his pick despite the beating he knows he is going to take for it.

Superfly

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:15 am

Quoting Aerokiwi (Reply 61):
I bring it up because you started to complain about "double standards" earlier. Well, here's the biggest of them all - Obama can fly around in his personal 757 peddling the story that he cares about poor Americans and the Republicans don't and he's a family man and so on and on, yet he let's his own half brother live in a slum. A SLUM! The contrast and hypocrisy couldn't be starker.

No double-standards here pal.
Obama has no control over his father's (who didn't raise him) offspring. Senator Obama wasn't even raised in the same household as his long-lost half-brother.
Sarah Palin on the other hand is directly responsible for her daughter. Sarah Palin is a huge proponent of 'family values' and 'abstinence'.
Looks like Governor Palin has done a poor job practicing what she preaches. Some mother she is.  Yeah sure
Bring back the Concorde

MOBflyer

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:19 am

I don't know what JNU is. Care to share?

JNU is the airport code for Juneau, Alaska - the state Capital.

In some instances, you can access public records online. In this specific case, you can't. Alaskan law says that Birth Certificates are public only after 100 years from the "event"

JakeOrion

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:20 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 94):
Looks like Governor Palin has done a poor job practicing what she preaches. Some mother she is.

Then you would make a lousy parent as well then.

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 84):
Then I want you to control your child/teenager 100% of the time. I mean all the time. Don't let them go out, have boyfriends/girlfriends, after school activities, heck, even home school them. Sound reasonable? This is exactly what you are implying with above statement.

Fair assumption? Tell me, is it fair to call you a lousy parent then, if above quote is what you do to your kids?

Superfly

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 am

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 96):
Tell me, is it fair to call you a lousy parent then, if above quote is what you do to your kids?

Ummm, I don't have any kids.  Yeah sure

My point is that these conservatives need to shut their piehole when it comes to family values and abstinence.
Bring back the Concorde

JakeOrion

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:42 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 97):
Ummm, I don't have any kids.

Dodged my question, genius. If you had kids, then what?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 97):
My point is that these conservatives need to shut their piehole when it comes to family values and abstinence.

Again, control your kids (or family for that matter) 100% of the time, and lets see how far you get. Your logic does not work. They are human. They will make mistakes. They have their own opinions. Obviously you cannot grasp this.

Superfly

Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:46 am

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 98):
Dodged my question, genius. If you had kids, then what?

You assumed I had kids genius.
If I did have kids and decided to go in to politics, I wouldn't advocate 'family values' and 'abstinence'.

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 98):
They are human. They will make mistakes. They have their own opinions.

We all know that.  Yeah sure
Bring back the Concorde