D L X
Topic Author

Obama Speaks About Lipstick On A Pig...

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 am

... McCain camp cries to the refs:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080910/ap_on_el_pr/obama_lipstick

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

L-188

RE: Obama Speaks About Lipstick On A Pig...

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:18 am

Well you might call Obama a Democrat but his party symbol is still a Jack-Ass.

And his comments was completely second grade. I would hope that we could have somebody more mature in the white house.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

SpeedBirdA380

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:41 am

If politcian's in the US are anything like they are here in the UK I would say it's the pig that's been offended not the politician  Smile

PPVRA

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:16 am

Quoting D L X (Thread starter):
Obama Speaks About Lipstick On A Pig...

Now that's funny. Rude, but funny nonetheless!

Quoting L-188 (Reply 5):

Yeah, and that could be used as an equally inappropriate response. Hopefully it won't happen.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

PSA727

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 am

Given her pitbull/ hockey mom comment at the RNC, and many posters referring to the
word "lipstick" in the crowds at most of the McCain/Palin (Mavericks, Inc.) stump speeches,
the phrase used by Obama can be seen as referring to Palin. Just gauge the reaction of the
crowd when he said it. Now was it sexist? Probably not. Was it stupid? Yes. Obama is
losing ground with women voters, and this does nothing to help him. His campaign is in a
tailspin and he knows it. Look at the tone of his speeches lately. No more "hope" and
"change" and "one America". They're mostly attacks on McCain and Palin. The niche he
had as a different politician (however fabricated that was) is diminishing before our eyes.

I actually wish he would make more comments like this. It makes our job much easier.
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

ltbewr

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 am

The problem is how the media filters and presents such sound bites - it does come out as Obama calling Palin a pig. The media loves to use such things as it gets attention from the viewers/listeners. I bet the right wingnut radio media will overplay this for weeks.
Obama has to be so careful in his comments due to being a Black man that he can't be seem to be attacking a white woman (or a white male) in any way, shape or form. There is still terrible racism in the USA and he can't do or get away with anything that is seen as an attack on white Americans.
Such comments also distract from the huge and very important issues we need to discuss and of Palin's serious lack of qualifications to be a VP. This also plays right into McCain's benefit as seen as attacking a (radical) Conservative Woman. Worst of all, this it the kind of comment that can ruin a campaign and I hope it doesn't ruin Obama.

In converse, some have suggested that the Republicans using the term 'community organizer' could be seen as racist code words for radical angry black man that white people are to fear.

oly720man

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:17 am

What are the odds that someone in the Palin camp deliberately came up with the lipstick reference to see if Obama's team would bite with the "lipstick on a pig response" so they could then get some wounded mileage out of it?

And then all the media outlets are then full of lipstick and pigs and any "real" politics (if any) gets sidelined by the petty sideshow.

It's politics, people throw insults, intended or otherwise. If/once she's in a hot seat she'll probably get more and worse.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

Elite

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:22 am

His camp has released a statement that it is a "common analogy" and nothing else. . . in my opinion it would've been better for Obama to man it up and apologize.

agill

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 am

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 38):
What are the odds that someone in the Palin camp deliberately came up with the lipstick reference to see if Obama's team would bite with the "lipstick on a pig response" so they could then get some wounded mileage out of it?

YOu don't think that just sounds a tad bit farfetched, that they would mess with the teleprompters so she'd have to come up with something (that they had already decided) to try to lure Obama into calling Palin a pig on camera?

YANQUI67

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 37):
Palin's serious lack of qualifications to be a VP.

Now thats funny.

sv7887

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:50 am

Hi all,

BREAKING NEWS:

Candidates engage in 12 yr old-esque name calling instead of talking about the issues. Idiot public buys it hook, line, and sinker for the zillionth time nstead of asking these bums to talk about the actual issues and give us "Plans" that are realistic and not just what we want to hear.

I don't like this kind of gutter politics at all. Obama in this PC era was dumb to say it as was McCain about Chelsea Clinton.

McCain is using it on Obama because he knows the ultra sensitive PC public will buy into it due to both the media and public's obsession with "Gaffees" and "OMG he said that?"

I used to think the politicians were very smart, but now I realize it's the public that is just pain stupid to fall for this kind of crap...

Dougloid

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:22 pm

McCain has also used this very same expression. So all the righteous anger is more Republican bullshit, like the state plane that got sold on ebay for a profit, only it didn't really, and the bridge to nowhere that Palin stopped but not really and on and on and on.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

D L X
Topic Author

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:48 pm

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 15):
Obama in this PC era was dumb to say it

I don't think so. Look at the actual line, and you'll see that it was referring to how Obama believes McCain is saying he's all about change while adopting all of Bush's policies. The "PIG" in this context was actually Bush's policies.

It shows you just how much the McCain camp thinks of Palin when they hear "pig" and immediately think Obama is talking about Palin.

baroque

Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

Arguably a piebald jack-ass, and the other one is still a white elephant?

QANTAS077

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO6dmBm1SFw

well Palin thinks very positively of Obama...  Wink

mbmbos

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):
And his comments was completely second grade. I would hope that we could have somebody more mature in the white house.

This is a very old saw, one that Obama has used several times...long before Palin came along. Obama was not talking about Palin at the time.

Much ado about nothing. But then again, the right wing media will take something like this an run with it as fas as they can. They'd rather smear and sling mud then allow a political campaign to actually be about real issues that real Americans face. They know they'd lose a race based on actual issues.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

sv7887

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 12):
it was referring to how Obama believes McCain is saying he's all about change while adopting all of Bush's policies.

He hasn't though..Obama has been pushing this McBush fallacy and it hasn't gotten him anywhere. McCain has differed with GWB on a host of issues, but yes votes Republican as one would expect.

Mr. Obama has voted with his party over 95% of the time. How is that change?

Both McCain and Obama are pandering to the public with this "Change" Sen Obama rehashes Mr.Carter's policies and a economic policy that plain makes no sense. Telling Georgia to go to the UN at a "3 AM" moment is just the dumbest thing I have seen a Presidential candidate do..There is just no excuse for that.

Sen McCain pushes the small government, low taxes, but in an age where we plain don't have the money to pay for sweeping tax cuts.

Neither person's campaigns is honest in their "Plans"

It shows you just how much the McCain camp thinks of Palin when they hear "pig" and immediately think Obama is talking about Palin.

No, it's just petty politics. Just as the Obama camp takes things out of context (100 yrs in Iraq, houses, etc, they are doing the same.

D L X
Topic Author

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 16):
He hasn't though..

It's fair to argue about whether McCain is or isn't the same as Bush, but you cannot reasonably argue after examining the context of that line that Obama was calling Palin a pig.
Right now, you're chasing after a red herring. Perhaps the eight year old stinky fish in the new paper?  Silly

sv7887

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 17):

He hasn't though..

It's fair to argue about whether McCain is or isn't the same as Bush, but you cannot reasonably argue after examining the context of that line that Obama was calling Palin a pig.

You make a good point..My larger concern is that this race is going to the lowest rung of the ladder. Both campaigns use distortions, smears through surrogates, and smoke and mirrors.

Neither candidate has a clue how to fix this country. Both have a good idea here and there, but no one has a cohesive plan.

Obama has been in a slump since those Celebrity ads. He needs to get it together and stop responding to Palin!!! It makes him look stupid, she's not running for President, McCain is. He doesn't seem to handle the "heat" too well. When Hillary started getting rough with him the same thing happened.

If he can't handle some rough politics, what's Putin, Nazrallah, and others going to do with him?

falstaff

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

The pig and lip stick analogy is usually used by people that are much older than 2nd grade students.

Quoting Elite (Reply 7):
His camp has released a statement that it is a "common analogy" and nothing else. . . in my opinion it would've been better for Obama to man it up and apologize.

It is a common analogy. I have heard it many times and I have used it myself.

The only change is that it is different than what we have now. It is no different than what we may have had before; Bush was different than Clinton, who was different from Bush, who was different from Reagan, who was different from Carter. The great thing about being for change is that you don't have to say anything specific because just about every voter has something they would like to "change". So change sounds good to many people.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Arrow

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:46 pm

I don't think so. Look at the actual line, and you'll see that it was referring to how Obama believes McCain is saying he's all about change while adopting all of Bush's policies. The "PIG" in this context was actually Bush's policies.

That's how I read it. Too bad Obama didn't use "pit bull" instead of pig; that would have been a hard one to attack since Palin introduced the analogy herself. Maybe that's his out? "Sorry, I meant to say pit bull, not pig, but my tongue got all twisted ..."

This is what happens when politics becomes an obsession with style over substance, for which the media has to shoulder the blame, along with the largely uninformed electorate that eats this stuff up.

We have a prime minister now apologizing to the opposition leader because one of his attack ads had a colourful puffin flying over Stephane Dion and crapping on his shoulder -- the message being this guy is an accident waiting to happen. I must admit I laughed when I saw it on the news, it was quite funny. "Distasteful" the PM conceded (with his fingers crossed behind his back).

But the advantage for us -- all this s**t will be over and done with in six weeks. Campaign started Monday, election October 14. You poor saps down there have to live with this ad infinitum. You really do need to change that; it does nothing for the health of your democracy.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

QANTAS077

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 1):

too bad Mike Huckabee disagrees with you...your fake rage is somewhat entertaining.

Quote:
McCain ally Mike Huckabee took Obama's side on the issue, saying he didn't think it was a swipe at Palin.

"It's an old expression, and I'm going to have to cut Obama some slack on that one. I do not think he was referring to Sarah Palin; he didn't reference her. If you take the two sound bites together, it may sound like it," he said on Fox's "Hannity and Colmes."

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS...09/10/campaign.lipstick/index.html

OA260

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:01 pm

Lipstick on a pig !! Obama got it right.....

Mir

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Previous post got deleted for reference to another deleted post:

It appears the GOP is trying to play the gender card again. If Sarah Palin were Bob Palin, this never would have been an issue. Perhaps the GOP would be best served by following their VP candidate's advice: not doing things differently and creating different standards just because they have a woman on their ticket. That's true gender equality.

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 21):
too bad Mike Huckabee disagrees with you...

Huckabee is right on target, as he usually is when it comes to this sort of thing. The man may be way too right-wing for my taste, but he has some common sense, which seems to be lacking in the McCain camp at the moment.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Qb001

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Nuf said.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good theory.

slider

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 23):
Previous post got deleted for reference to another deleted post:

Yeah, mine too...

Little overzealous moderating perhaps? What the heck?

D L X
Topic Author

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 25):

No. There was some arguably racist stuff in there. Just repost it if it's okay.

scbriml

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:43 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 25):

No, the moderating wasn't overzealous, it was required. The moderating team ends up spending hours trying to keep threads like this within the forum rules as folks get too excited and don't/won't/can't post within them.

One unfortunate consequence of deleting all the flamebait and disrespectful posts is that anyone referring to those posts will have their posts deleted, even if they didn't actually break the rules. This is SOP at the site.

If everyone had posted within the rules, this thread would be a lot longer than it is now.

Quoting D L X (Reply 26):
No. There was some arguably racist stuff in there. Just repost it if it's okay.

See, it's not just us!  smile 
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

luckyone

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:09 pm

None, especially considering his party controls a Congress that has seen lower approval ratings than President Bush. I think in short, that the nomination of Palin was such a curve ball that everybody's in a tizzy about it. It's only a matter of whether your tizzy is like or dislike.

AGM100

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:12 pm

I will say it again ,, this is stupid . I know what Sen Obama was saying and I dont believe he intended to call Gov. Palin a pig. period.

He was wrong in his comment however, this is not the same old pig with lip stick.IFshe gets to the office , she will be tough and conservative.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

slider

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 27):
One unfortunate consequence of deleting all the flamebait and disrespectful posts is that anyone referring to those posts will have their posts deleted, even if they didn't actually break the rules.

Ah, gotcha....I didn't catch the veiled racism thing. Heeck, I forgot what my original post was entirely, but it was good. Trust me. Big grin

The funny thing about this whole firestorm is that she'll respond with perhaps something witty, but I think she'll handle with grace. It pisses me off though that Palin's been skewered by media types looking into every nook and cranny trying to dig stuff up on her, but Obama continues to get a free pass--Rezko, Cari, ACORN, Ayres, etc....

Dreadnought

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 30):
The funny thing about this whole firestorm is that she'll respond with perhaps something witty, but I think she'll handle with grace. It pisses me off though that Palin's been skewered by media types looking into every nook and cranny trying to dig stuff up on her, but Obama continues to get a free pass--Rezko, Cari, ACORN, Ayres, etc....

Barack fires back with accusing "Sen. John McCain's campaign of engaging in "lies" and "swift boat politics""

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/10/campaign.wrap/index.html

Sounds to me like he doth protest too much. He was the one who pulled the race card, not once but several times. And he was let off scott-free.

He's not looking very presidential when he whines like this. Swift Boat Politics? What is wrong about it? Because it's "mean"? Grow a set, because if you think this campaign is mean, just wait until you have to deal with other nations' leaders, some of whom would love to see you die.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

D L X
Topic Author

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:12 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 31):
He's not looking very presidential when he whines like this.

Cfalk,
let's be real here. McCain's whining that Obama called Palin a pig (he did not), and you're claiming that Obama's whining?  rotfl 

mbmbos

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:19 pm

He's not looking very presidential when he whines like this.

I listened to it. There's no whining whatsoever. Obama speaks forcefully and rationally. He calls it for what it is: a phony issue.

Grow a set, because if you think this campaign is mean, just wait until you have to deal with other nations' leaders, some of whom would love to see you die.

Spare us the drama. This is the real world, not a Bruce Willis film.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

mt99

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:21 pm

He's not looking very presidential when he whines like this. Swift Boat Politics? What is wrong about it? Because it's "mean"? Grow a set, because if you think this campaign is mean, just wait until you have to deal with other nations' leaders, some of whom would love to see you die.

In that case we can tell Palin to grow a set and stop crying that she may have been called a pig
Step into my office, baby

Superfly

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:27 pm

checkmark 
Very funny but also, very true.
McCain and his spin doctors is going to turn over every stone in the hopes of trying to make Obama look sexist.
McCain knows that he can't run on the platform of '4-more years of Bush' even though he is going to do just that.

Most of those voted have been vetoed by Bush. Therefore the change he and his party is trying to make is being blocked.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 5):
The problem is how the media filters and presents such sound bites - it does come out as Obama calling Palin a pig. The media loves to use such things as it gets attention from the viewers/listeners. I bet the right wingnut radio media will overplay this for weeks.
Obama has to be so careful in his comments due to being a Black man that he can't be seem to be attacking a white woman (or a white male) in any way, shape or form. There is still terrible racism in the USA and he can't do or get away with anything that is seen as an attack on white Americans.
Such comments also distract from the huge and very important issues we need to discuss and of Palin's serious lack of qualifications to be a VP. This also plays right into McCain's benefit as seen as attacking a (radical) Conservative Woman. Worst of all, this it the kind of comment that can ruin a campaign and I hope it doesn't ruin Obama.

In converse, some have suggested that the Republicans using the term 'community organizer' could be seen as racist code words for radical angry black man that white people are to fear.

checkmark 
Very well said.
The Republicans are very crafty with their coded messages.

Quoting Elite (Reply 7):

The only one that needs to 'man up" is John McCain.
He himself used the analogy as well so there is no need for Obama to apologize.
Why can't McCain talk about how great the Bush years have been and why he will continue 4 more years of his policies?
Bring back the Concorde

D L X
Topic Author

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:04 pm

BTW, since people are freaking out about all the Palin threads, I'll put this comment here. Funniest thing I've heard all week:

FirstRead reported that Palin's plane was overweight on its flight back to Palin's campaign speech military sendoff in Alaska, and that they were asking the press to leave the plane or ship some of their equipment so the plane could fly. One astute commenter responded:

Quote:
Palin's plane over weight? Aren't you being sexist? No one ever said Obama's or Biden's planes are over weight!

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/09/10/1374294.aspx

PSA727

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 36):
FirstRead reported that Palin's plane was overweight on its flight back to Palin's campaign speech military sendoff in Alaska, and that they were asking the press to leave the plane or ship some of their equipment so the plane could fly. One astute commenter responded:

Quote:
Palin's plane over weight? Aren't you being sexist? No one ever said Obama's or Biden's planes are over weight!

You actually thought that was funny? Oh well. MSNBC does biased news, not comedy.

slider

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 pm

Sounds to me like he doth protest too much. He was the one who pulled the race card, not once but several times. And he was let off scott-free.

Exactly right. Obama is shrieking because he knows that, unlike Kerry and the Swifties, he truly is vulnerable if the media would get off its liberal fat collective ass and do its job. It was the Obama camp—proven—that tried to spike stories about his ACORN ties (the same people who are indicted now for vote fraud), for his ties to Rezko, the Chicago corruption, and not the least of which his refusal to address potential Marxist roots. He admits that his mother was most influential in his world view, etc. The ties to Bill Ayers, etc, etc… If this stuff starts to get legs, as it rightfully should, just wait—you ain’t seen protesteth too much.

Grow a set,

He can’t. He’s never been tested. This is his first real campaign that he’s had to fight in. Hillary and the media went easy on him compared to what’s coming. And yet it’s his own party that’s melting down. Take away the Teleprompter and he’s an empty suit—no values, no qualifications, forget even the lack of experience, he has no guiding vision other than talking in platitudes about “change” and other kumbaya nonsense.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 34):
In that case we can tell Palin to grow a set and stop crying that she may have been called a pig

Ummm…she’s not crying. I don’t think she’s addressed it yet. But I’m sure she will indirectly and will do so with grace and perhaps a sharp witticism.

StuckInCA

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 38):
empty suit

Really?

no values

Based on what?

no qualifications

Meaning... he's not McCain? Meaning that maybe he will bring something different to the table than someone who's going to continue Bush's policies?

forget even the lack of experience

Right. Unlike Palin

no guiding vision other than talking in platitudes about “change” and other kumbaya nonsense

No guiding vision? Who has more guiding vision than Obama?

she’s not crying

Her party is. Her bosses are. Her minions are.

PSA727

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:46 pm

Ummm…she’s not crying. I don’t think she’s addressed it yet. But I’m sure she will indirectly and will do so with grace and perhaps a sharp witticism.

I would love for her to say something like...This pig is a special pig, because it not only
knows how to use a firearm, it doesn't miss.

D L X
Topic Author

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 37):
You actually thought that was funny?

Yep, and if you had a sense of humor, you'd find it funny too.

I mean, seriously. How come no one ever talks about a MAN's plane being overweight? Sheesh! What a sexist world we live in.

sv7887

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:04 pm

He can’t. He’s never been tested. This is his first real campaign that he’s had to fight in. Hillary and the media went easy on him compared to what’s coming. And yet it’s his own party that’s melting down. Take away the Teleprompter and he’s an empty suit—no values, no qualifications, forget even the lack of experience, he has no guiding vision other than talking in platitudes about “change” and other kumbaya nonsense.

See, residents of Massachusetts have already been through this with Deval Patrick. Same campaign, same Harvard education, same extreme Left values, same platitudes.

Result? An Approval rating equal to President Bush.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Been there done that. Obama brings no "real" change, just the principles of the extreme left.

He's already failed one important test: The Georgian crisis when it took him three days to get it right. Not only that, he showed a shocking ignorance of how the UN works by telling the Georgians to seek a UN resolution to clean up that mess.

Nice of him to forget the Russians hold a Veto on the Security Council......

That was an unscripted "3 AM" test and he failed miserably. Putin must have been laughing his ass off at Obama's stupidity.

He's already backtracking on his tax plan. Before he was going to raise capital gains and dividend taxes across the board. Not so anyone. And now he's saying maybe we shouldn't raise taxes in a down economy. (Common sense amongst Economists)

So how's he going to afford those spending programs he's got in mind? Rehashing Oil Windfall Taxes and Carter era policies doesn't cut it.

Extreme left politics won't save this country. Socialism and extensive government intervention have failed in Russia, China, and India. It's no accident that their unprecedented economic growth came with liberalization of markets and capitalism...Capitalism for all its faults does work. My family is living proof of that.

No system is perfect, but this one isn't as bad as people would say it is. Even at 6.1% unemployment we are only slightly above the natural 5.5-5.7% rate of "natural" unemployment.

StuckInCA

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 42):
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

The lowest common denominator were fooled into reelecting Bush. Now they're falling for it all over again. Your quote applies, just not in the way you think.

Extreme left politics won't save this country

Save it from what the extreme right politics have got us into? I'll take that chance.

PSA727

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 43):
The lowest common denominator were fooled into reelecting Bush. Now they're falling for it all over again. Your quote applies, just not in the way you think.

Please, I gladly would have voted for the Democrat in 2004. However, the party leadership
put out John Kerry as the alternative. Thanks, but no thanks. At least with Bush you
knew how he thought on matters, regardless if they were right or wrong. No surprises.
Kerry was a roll of the dice. Better to stick with the devil you know...

sv7887

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 43):
Extreme left politics won't save this country

Save it from what the extreme right politics have got us into? I'll take that chance.

You act as if Mr. Bush were responsible for everything that has gone wrong. He got us screwed in Iraq pretty good, and spent money like a drunken sailor, but how about the rest of it?

Did Mr. Bush push a decade of ultra low interest rates? Nope
Did Mr. Bush tell people to buy houses they couldn't afford? Nope
Did Mr. Bush pass NAFTA? Nope

The US problems have been in motion for at least 25 yrs or more. A lack of foresight regarding energy, a populace that has this indiferent attitude towards education and negative personal savings rate (First time since before the Great Depression), and bad foreign policy.

MaverickM11

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Quoting D L X (Thread starter):
... McCain camp cries to the refs:

Yeah that was dumb. But I'm still not voting for Obama. Smile
I don't take responsibility at all

Superfly

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:20 pm

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 45):
You act as if Mr. Bush were responsible for everything that has gone wrong. He got us screwed in Iraq pretty good, and spent money like a drunken sailor, but how about the rest of it?

spit 

How many more mistakes does he needs to make in order to be considered a f--k up?
Bring back the Concorde

sv7887

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:36 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 47):
Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 45):

spit

How many more mistakes does he needs to make in order to be considered a f--k up?

You miss my point. I didn't say he isn't, what I said is that he isn't responsible for every problem this country has.

This country's problems go much much deeper than Mr. Bush's wild ride..

Superfly

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:57 pm

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 48):
You miss my point.

No I didn't miss your point. I fully understood what you were saying.
You said; " He got us screwed in Iraq pretty good, and spent money like a drunken sailor,"
That is enough for me and millions of others to consider a f--k up.

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 48):
I said is that he isn't responsible for every problem this country has.

No one is saying he is responsible for "everything" in this country.
Brittany Spear's and Paris Hilton's popularity is not Bush's fault.  Wink

For 6 years of Bush's Presidency, he has enjoyed having a Republican Congress that has given him everything he wanted. Since the Democrats regained control of Congress, we have gridlock.
Gridlock is a good thing when you have a Bush in the White House. It keeps his hands tied. The problem is that the Democrats don't have a veto-proof majority so we have a stalemate.

That said, McCain should be giving us a reason to vote for him rather than reallying on fears and complaining about a "lipstick" comment which he used himself.
Bring back the Concorde