Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

md80fanatic

RE: Official U.S. Election – McCain/Palin Campaign

Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 50):
If McCain sold out his country as YOU say...why on earth are about to burst a cranial blood vessel defending him in these threads? This outta be good...

YOU must be outta touch. I have NEVER said anything nice about John McCain, I do not like the man. I thought that was obvious from the start. Here's the order of likability, according to me:

Palin 100% approval
Obama 40%
McCain 20%
Biden 5%

So Palin is the entire reason why I am here.

NIKV69

Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 47):
Don't count on it.

Not until Nov 5th at least when this insanity is all over.

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 42):
She's a pretty lady, well spoken, good at the job she is currently doing. BUT is she REALLY ready to lead 300+ million Americans, with influence on the other 6+ billion people on earth?

I thought she is running for VP? Did something happen to McCain we don't about?  biggrin  Stop the one heartbeat away crap, it's so lame. I mean hell did we want Gore running this country?  crazy 
I am the Googlizer!!!

BlueElephant

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:18 pm

By Sarah Palin and John McCain's definition, Because my next door neighbor is Chinese, and the guy across the hall is from Canada...and because I've actually met a head of state....

I am more of a VP Candidate than she is.... :-P

I haven't been keepnig up to date with all these threads (not a very political person)...but..All I gotta say is..If they win...and for some reason...Palin become's President, and I'm going to move to the UAE or Qatar...Which according to Palin...are "Dangerous Foreign Powers"

I honestly can't wait till October 2 where the first VP debate comes online...

And Although the GOP is riding the Palin wave right now...as more and more people understand who she really is..and what little she really knows...I think it's going to hurt them.

and this might have been posted before..but it scares me a bit.

md80fanatic

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:32 pm

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 55):
..and what little she really knows

But you have to know something to realize that someone else doesn't know it. If a Custodian is told by an Astronomer that the moon has 1/5 of the Earth's gravity, what are the odds that the Custodian will rise to his feet and say "Wrong!"?

Yes, bring on the debate already. I don't want to get Carpal-Tunnel trying to knock sense into you people.

[Edited 2008-09-13 07:34:44]

[Edited 2008-09-13 07:35:27] To remove slight against Biden....I am better than that.  Smile

[Edited 2008-09-13 07:38:49]

StuckInCA

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:42 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 30):
No, I love truth. All you post comes from media sources.....most of which don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Hell, on this site alone there are mountains of old threads castigating the press for saying a 737 has 4 engines and 18 wheels. And you expect those boobs to be accurate on anything else?

So... How do you propose we learn about Palin? If, because they make mistakes on airline incidents, they can't be trusted at all for anything, I'd love to know where you find your truth.

Do you get it from McCain?

"McCain lambasted for inaccuracies"

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...world/2008176798_campclaims13.html

"McCain's strategy reflects a calculation made by his advisers. The ads are devised to shift the debate to questions about Obama's character and qualifications, often with disputed claims. It is a bold tack for a candidate who calls his campaign bus the "Straight Talk Express," his chartered jet "Straight Talk Air."

Sipple, the Republican advertising strategist, voiced concern that McCain's approach could backfire. "Any campaign that is taking liberty with the truth and does it in a serial manner will end up paying for it in the end," he said."

md80fanatic

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 57):
So... How do you propose we learn about Palin? If, because they make mistakes on airline incidents, they can't be trusted at all for anything, I'd love to know where you find your truth.

With your internal truth detector, your instincts! That's what I use most of all.

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 57):
Do you get it from McCain?

Please briefly reference post #52 for your answer. Thanks

swiftski

Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:20 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 53):
I thought she is running for VP? Did something happen to McCain we don't about? biggrin Stop the one heartbeat away crap, it's so lame. I mean hell did we want Gore running this country?

That's not what I said, that's what you chose to read.

A VP needs to be able to run a country at the touch of a button, for any one of the very, very many reasons a President may be rendered unable to lead.

baroque

Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:29 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 49):
Quoting Baroque (Reply 50):
Given how old you think the earth is, how old is the oil in the Prudhoe Bay oilfield, and exactly how did the oil get to this convenient spot in Alaska?

Baroque, shame on you. Petroleum companies can't tell you those answers with any real certainty, but you expect Palin to? Sounds to me like your question is designed exclusively to straight up criticize her religious beliefs? In fact, most of the questions your in-the-navy friend have the same purpose and tone as your question.

Maybe you need to catch up with what petroleum companies are doing these days. Time of generation of oil and timing of reservoir validity are the third and fourth questions asked.

I would expect a smart administrator of the oil industry, to know how they search for oil. Otherwise you are administering with both hand tied behind your back. But it is a choice.

The resource estimates you see posted here with such gay abandon in reality depend on estimates of reservoir size and seal but risked for charge timing. Wtihout an understanding of the assumptions being made, they have little meaning. That is a common reason for the estimates used not being realistic.

Then of course you could just sit there dumb and do what the oil companies tell you to do I suppose.

You go ahead and think they are factoids, but if that is the case, why does the oil industry guard them with considerable care? And why do they pay so much to have work done to establish factoids?

I hear that Newton's laws are just theories and some of them do not completely explain some features, so that GPS requires relativity theory. And Bernouilli is just imagination so planes fly for some other reason, faith perhaps. More factoids I suppose.

md80fanatic

Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 59):
You go ahead and think they are factoids, but if that is the case, why does the oil industry guard them with considerable care? And why do they pay so much to have work done to establish factoids?

So Palin should know facts(oids) that the petroleum industry guards with considerable care? Why do they pay so much? Because it's important to them, and their future mega-profitability, that the consumers of their products do not realize that crude oil is as plentiful on Earth as seawater.

I hear that Newton's laws are just theories and some of them do not completely explain some features, so that GPS requires relativity theory. And Bernouilli is just imagination so planes fly for some other reason, faith perhaps. More factoids I suppose.

Irrelevant. Completely. No officeholder needs (or apparently desires) to know such things.

Ken777

Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:07 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 46):
and exactly how did the oil get to this convenient spot in Alaska?

God put it there to help Palin get elected VP.  Smile

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 52):
Palin 100% approval
Obama 40%
McCain 20%
Biden 5%

It appears that your popularity rating is based on the exposure to the press and media over the years. The more exposure a politician has the less they will be liked.

Unfortunately that presents no credit for ability or judgement.

luv2fly

Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:57 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 61):
God put it there to help Palin get elected VP

She might have also prayed for it.
You can cut the irony with a knife

BlueElephant

Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:08 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 60):

Irrelevant. Completely. No officeholder needs (or apparently desires) to know such things.

Completely relevant...he's making fun of Palin...she's the one that God sent the US to Iraq...

AirframeAS

Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 17):
Debate flashback, quoting John McCain:

When did McCain say this and source?
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

diamond

Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 64):

See this video:

http://www.truveo.com/McCain%E2%80%9...term-mayorsgovernors/id/3670863384
Blank.

flynavy

Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 64):

October 2007.

Quoting Diamond (Reply 65):
See this video:

Doesn't appear to be working.

This video from Youtube works:
Change is: one airline, six continents!

luv2fly

Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:11 pm

This video shows Palin in a new light. My what lies we weave when we try to deceive.

md80fanatic

Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:18 pm

More jewels from Olbermann. No wonder his fate was decided earlier this week.....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ermann_chris_matthews_removed.html

Mess with the bull.....well....you all know the rest.  Wink

BTW: There's a fire in the barn, over at the Obama/Biden thread!!!!! Run along now.....

luv2fly

Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Alex, what is lame attempts at humor for $500.00

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 68):
BTW: There's a fire in the barn, over at the Obama/Biden thread!!!!! Run along now.....

flynavy

Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 67):
This video shows Palin in a new light. My what lies we weave when we try to deceive.

Am I the only one who noticed McCain's gawking looks at Palin during her speech segment in this clip? Around the "cling to guns" part...
Change is: one airline, six continents!

luv2fly

Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 68):
Am I the only one who noticed McCain's gawking looks at Palin during her speech segment in this clip? Around the "cling to guns" part...

No I noticed it as well. Maye McCain was trying to remember who Palin is, did I buy a house from this lady, why is she on the stage with me, did Cindy dye her hair again, I hope they have almonds on the plane tonight.

md80fanatic

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Posted by MD80fanatic: originally to the Obama/Biden campaign thread (which is being strangely ignored by Obama/Biden supporters)

And this from liberal radio host Randi Rhodes.....

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=173913,

You can't make this stuff up. Shameful.

Edited to remove email address.

[Edited 2008-09-13 12:32:07]

baroque

Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 58):

So Palin should know facts(oids) that the petroleum industry guards with considerable care? Why do they pay so much? Because it's important to them, and their future mega-profitability, that the consumers of their products do not realize that crude oil is as plentiful on Earth as seawater.

If you are going to base the discussion on oil being as abundant as sea water this correspondence is at an end. Is that the level of knowledge of supporters of the GOP?

I don't know which circles you move in in Austin Texas, but I can direct you to a few spots in Texas where the opinions you express could get you lynched on some days.

Other than to observe if say the Gov of Washington does not know anything about airplanes, how would they be able to support Boeing - especially if they did not really believe the principles that make them fly. So no, it is not irrelevant.

md80fanatic

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:54 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 71):
If you are going to base the discussion on oil being as abundant as sea water this correspondence is at an end. Is that the level of knowledge of supporters of the GOP?

No, that's my personal belief. I do not speak for the GOP, or anyone else for that matter.

I don't know which circles you move in in Austin Texas, but I can direct you to a few spots in Texas where the opinions you express could get you lynched on some days.

Oh, I am sure there are spots... Big grin It would not surprise me someone would get mad enough to resort to such harsh measures when a simple citizen consumer bovine entity, such as myself, comes up with the most hare-brained idea of all time.....that crude oil should be free for the taking.

md80fanatic

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Other than to observe if say the Gov of Washington does not know anything about airplanes, how would they be able to support Boeing - especially if they did not really believe the principles that make them fly. So no, it is not irrelevant.

I believe all the Governor would -need- to know about Boeing would be that they employ Washingtonians. Does it matter whether airplanes, refrigerators, or even dog food is created? Really....the Governor is not an omniscient being, specializing in every trade within their state's border.

allstarflyer

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:04 pm

Quoting Swiftski (Reply 42):
BUT is she REALLY ready to lead 300 million Americans, with influence on the other 6 billion people on earth?

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 41):
Talk about being out of touch...

Yes, quite . . . "Palinmania has washed away Obama’s polling leads in several swing states that he had been counting on to win."
Living the American Dream

allstarflyer

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Guess the lowly views on Gov. Palin's experience for the job are not shared by all . . .

"Fully 47 percent say Obama lacks the proper experience — an even worse reading than the 36 percent who had the same criticism about McCain running mate Sarah Palin"

Source - Associated Press poll

Edited for content

[Edited 2008-09-13 14:21:28]
Living the American Dream

L-188

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:40 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 75):
Guess the lowly views on Gov. Palin's experience for the job are not shared by all . . .

Yup she is the only one of the three that has chief executive experience.

And anybody notice how the left wingers seem to forget she is a sitting governor and keep refering to her as the "Mayor" of Wasilla.

It is very disingeous of the democrats and the media to do that, and I think the polls so the American public aren't stupid enough to buy into it.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

QANTAS077

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:43 pm

Alan Greenspan has smacked down McCain's tax plan

Quoting L-188 (Reply 76):
It is very disingeous of the democrats and the media to do that, and I think the polls so the American public aren't stupid enough to buy into it.

but they are stupid enough to believe Obama was talking about Palin with the lipstick comment...lol. your a hoot Shawn.

seb146

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 76):
she is a sitting governor and keep refering to her as the "Mayor" of Wasilla.

But, let's not even talk about making fun of community orgainzers. You know... the ones who work with the people of a community? The ones who see what actually goes on with the poor and working classes on a daily basis? Yeah... let's make fun of those people. Conservatives have God and oil on their side!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

mham001

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:27 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 77):
Alan Greenspan has smacked down McCain's tax plan

Curious Qantas why you are spending so much energy on this?

But since you are spending your time here, why haven't you looked at the other side?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...901860_pf.html

.......According to a recent analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, Obama's tax plan would add $3.4 trillion to the national debt, including interest, by 2018......

edit....and minutes ago, economists Robert Solow and Robert Mundell, both Obama supporters, said on CNN that Obama's plan could sent the economy into a tail spin.

[Edited 2008-09-13 16:33:01]

luv2fly

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Quoting Mham001 (Reply 79):
But since you are spending your time here, why haven't you looked at the other side?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...901860_pf.html

.......According to a recent analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, Obama's tax plan would add $3.4 trillion to the national debt, including interest, by 2018......

That could be offset with us ending the war in Iraq. I would venture a bet that the Democrats will get us out before the Republicans ever will

mham001

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:42 pm

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 80):
That could be offset with us ending the war in Iraq. I would venture a bet that the Democrats will get us out before the Republicans ever will

And conversely, Greenspan says McCain's plan would work with spending cuts as well.

QANTAS077

Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:09 am

Quoting Mham001 (Reply 79):
Curious Qantas why you are spending so much energy on this?

didn't realise the Greenspan part was posted..I had links and some other stuff written and this damn autosave seems to have remembered part of what I said.

of more concern is this though..

what's with the rumour floating about that McCain camp is sending out misleading ballot cards.

[Edited 2008-09-13 18:34:04]

MOBflyer

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:30 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 22):

So, back to Palin and the campaign thread with visible interest, anyone care to weigh how having executive experience as a state governor for less than 1 term compares to being a US Senator for less than 1 term?

Her state executive experience compares favorably to his national legislative experience, relative to the VP/president slot.

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 28):
1. Suppose your 14-year-old daughter Willow is brutally raped in her bedroom by an intruder. She becomes pregnant and wants an abortion. Could you tell the parents of America why you think your child and their children should be forced by law to have their rapists' babies?

I am of the same belief. Abortion, in any form, is wrong. Its her prerogative. If that is a turn off for you, not only should you NOT vote for her, but also be sure to vote for her opposition. I for one won't, but you are just as entitled as I to decide the next president.

2. You say you don't believe global warming is man-made. Could you tell us what scientists you've spoken with or read who have led you to that conclusion? What do you think the 2,500 scientists of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change are getting wrong?

There is just as much dissenting research as there is agreeing research in the area of global warming. The liberal left wing media doesn't focus on that too much though.

5. Forty-seven million Americans lack health insurance. John Goodman, who has advised McCain on healthcare, has proposed redefining them as covered because, he says, anyone can get care at an ER. Do you agree with him?

I would agree with him on the idea, but i wouldn't call them "covered" - and thats a topic I have mixed feelings about. About 13 million of those 47 million are illegal immigrants. When they go the ER, they are treated at a loss, which is underwritten by the government. So my tax dollars are going to pay for an illegals health care. That doesn't sit well with me. But yes... everyone is given emergency and life sustaining treatment via an ER.

10. McCain says cutting earmarks and waste will make up for revenues lost by making the tax cuts permanent. Experts say that won't wash. Balancing the Bush tax cuts plus new ones proposed by McCain would most likely mean cutting Medicare, Medicaid or Social Security. Which would you cut?

Yep... the lefty experts say that won't wash..... therefore its obvious that we MUST cut one of those programs. And BTW, Welfare and the associated insurance services should be radically changed, if not eliminated. Social Security will probably not be in existence for me at retirement.... even though they take a pretty chunk out of my check every time. I like the mandatory account withholdings into an investment plan over Social Securities boondogle anyway.

StuckInCA

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:37 am

Very informative article...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26691018/

Of the many disturbing facts about Palin, the one I find most disconcerting is that

"The governor and her top officials sometimes use personal e-mail accounts for state business; dozens of e-mail messages obtained by The New York Times show that her staff members studied whether that could allow them to circumvent subpoenas seeking public records. "

"While Ms. Palin took office promising a more open government, her administration has battled to keep information secret."

Nice that she hired an old high school classmate as a director at the State Division of Agriculture though. You know. She was qualifed because she had a "childhood love of cows."

PSA727

Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:19 am

Excuse me, but it's 2008, not 2006. That line may have worked then but what has this
Democratically controlled Congress under Reid and Pelosi done to end the war. Instead,
they continue to fund it. Now do you think they would have gotten much traction back in
2006 by saying, "We will finally end this war, but not before 2009." Furthermore, the main
reason the troops will start to come home next year has NOTHING to do with what the
Democrats did, or should I say, didn't do.
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

seb146

Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:59 am

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 85):
what has this
Democratically controlled Congress under Reid and Pelosi done to end the war.

Anytime they tried to do something, Bush vetoed it or the Republicans filibustered it. But, it was all the Dems fault. When in doubt, blame the true devil and terrorists: Democrats

Instead,
they continue to fund it.

Either that or have the American people think they (Dems) are evil. If Dems quit funding the war, that means no ammunition, no way of defending themselves (what little defense they have now) and very little way of retreat. That would not be smart, either. But, Dems are all terrorists.

Never mind the fact that Dems have been trying to give money and support to vets through a GI bill and care for troops after they come home with missing limbs, missing sight, missing hearing. Never mind the fact that the whole VA fiasco happend on the Republican's watch. It is all the Dems fault.

BTW, Oregon's governer, Ted Kulengoski, has been looking at ways to keep state guard troops here in Oregon instead of having them deployed to Iraq. Kulengoski, just so you know, is a former Marine.

But, he is a terrorist and un-American because he is a Democrat.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

radarbeam

Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:11 am

McCain agrees, being a short term governor and mayor is not enough to be able to run the country.

"I am prepared. I need no on-the-job training. I wasn't a mayor for a short period of time. I wasn't a governor for a short period of time"

[Edited 2008-09-13 22:12:57]

mham001

Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:33 am

Meanwhile, the latest polls show that McCain has not only taken the lead in the national poll, a meaningless account, but also has made a stunning comeback in the electoral college and is now leading all projections.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...college_update

Arrow

Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:04 am

This has some revealing dirt in it, and should stir up a few folks. Of course, it's the left-wing, commie, pinko, anti_Republican, anti-American New York Times; so it will count for nothing among the faithful.

But an examination of her swift rise and record as mayor of Wasilla and then governor finds that her visceral style and penchant for attacking critics — she sometimes calls local opponents “haters” — contrasts with her carefully crafted public image.

Throughout her political career, she has pursued vendettas, fired officials who crossed her and sometimes blurred the line between government and personal grievance, according to a review of public records and interviews with 60 Republican and Democratic legislators and local officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Beta

Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:13 am

Just for some stats: This thread has now 89 replies, and is still growing, while the Obama/Biden campaign thread has 7. Apparently people are still having a hard-on Gov. Palin. Carry on!

BN747

Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:57 am

Quoting Mham001 (Reply 88):
Meanwhile, the latest polls show that McCain has not only taken the lead in the national poll, a meaningless account, but also has made a stunning comeback in the electoral college and is now leading all projections.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...college_update

Yeah...that really lasted long..

Monday Team McCain was up by 8 on Monday...

...Palin opened her mouth on Thursday (gave her 1st interview) ...

TODAY... McCain 47 Obama 45 ... 6 point LOST in a week!
http://www.gallup.com

With America's amazing 10 sec. attention span for everything...the novelty of Sarah Palin is losing it's veneer (not to mention that people know want to know and hear more from her. And the more they hear..the more sobering truth that emerges and unmasking of this joke (Palin) the more damaging. By the end of September and few more interviews (Sean Hannity is next).. we'll know exactly where the USS McCain/Palin will end up...next to the HMS Titanic.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

L-188

Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:19 am

Quoting Arrow (Reply 89):
This has some revealing dirt in it, and should stir up a few folks. Of course, it's the left-wing, commie, pinko, anti_Republican, anti-American New York Times; so it will count for nothing among the faithful.

Your right, that rag has less validity then the national equirer these days.

Quoting BN747 (Reply 91):

BN747

Just keep picking and choosing your stats, whatever satisfies your alternate reality.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

baroque

Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:23 am

Quoting BN747 (Reply 91):
HMS Titanic.

"Happily" it was the RMS Titanic, but we know what you mean BN. You have to be placing your bet with the wind at your back. But it does seem that the US IS stranger than fiction.

Beta, not only is there a disproportion of posts re McC/P to Ob/Bid, but the "general" to "policy" ratio is even more startling.

Now why would that be? Nobody knows what the policies are? Nobody cares about policies? The possibilities appal. UH60 must be wondering what it takes!

Mir

Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:17 am

That could be offset with us ending the war in Iraq.

McCain thinks the same way, and both are wrong. Getting out of Iraq will save us some money, no doubt, but the budget's problems run far deeper than just military expenditures in Iraq.

Excuse me, but it's 2008, not 2006. That line may have worked then but what has this
Democratically controlled Congress under Reid and Pelosi done to end the war.

The Congress does not control the troops, so to expect them to single-handedly end the war is ridiculous. But here's something they did do - their election forced Bush to revamp his policies, get a competent Secretary of Defense, and get the war headed back in the right direction.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

PSA727

Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:26 am

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 86):
Anytime they tried to do something, Bush vetoed it or the Republicans filibustered it. But, it was all the Dems fault. When in doubt, blame the true devil and terrorists: Democrats

No, that did not happen. The Democratic leadership could never get enough votes from their
OWN party members to pass anything. Thus, nothing ever got to the President's desk for him
to sign or veto. Although he did say that he would veto any such legislation if it made it to
the White House.

This filibuster thing is the way The Democratic leadership on the Hill gets out of doing anything.
They always say that nothing is brought up for legislative debate because the Republicans will
filibuster it. Well, if that's the case then put them to the test and hold them accountable.
Make the Republicans go through the process of filibustering proposed legislation. BTW,
they can't just say we filibuster and it's over. It is a drawn-out and lengthy process.
fly high, pay low...Germanwings!

Ken777

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Quoting Baroque (Reply 93):
Beta, not only is there a disproportion of posts re McC/P to Ob/Bid, but the "general" to "policy" ratio is even more startling.

We're still in the time frame of responding to the selection of Palin by McCain. Since she is such an unknown (and McCain's camp are trying to keep it that way) the comments related to her are going to be general for the most part.

But some things are coming out. The NY Times isn't the only paper with some concerning stories on Palin and I have a feeling that we'll see more over the rest of the month. Overall it appears that this she is a nasty bit of work.

luv2fly

Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 96):
Overall it appears that this she is a nasty bit of work.

I'm thinking we have not even scratched the surface.

mham001

Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 96):
Overall it appears that this she is a nasty bit of work.

I wouldn't be so surprised at that. If you have ever been involved in small-town politics, it is as cut throat as it gets. Seems like the smaller the group, the more vicious it gets. Ever been involved in home or road associations?

Considering that the woman comes from a state with a 7:1 male-female ratio and has risen to the top in a quick manner, I have no doubt she has stepped on some toes and had to to get where she is. You think Hillary has never?

luv2fly

Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:24 pm

WASILLA - The Matanuska-Susitna area is the methamphetamine capital of Alaska, according to Alaska State Troopers.

http://www.juneauempire.com/stories/030805/sta_20050308002.shtml

After reading he article take a minute and read the comments people left, they mostly are from people who live in Alaska. It looks like it is not a universal love fest that we have been led to believe.