Blackbird
Topic Author

Army Unit For On-Call Federal-Response On Oct 1

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:27 pm

US Army To Station Active Unit Inside United States

The 3rd Infantry Division's First Brigade Combat-Team is Training for Domestic-Operations
To be Deployed Oct 1, 2008

This is a rather disturbing trend... part of me wonders if martial-law is going to happen soon

I've also seen two other videos

This part is highly disturbing, and is difficult to believe, but the timeline seems to coincide with the Army Unit Deployment, Oct 1, 2008
- http://www.uaff.us/deathcamps.htm

Blackbird

LAXintl

RE: Army Unit For On-Call Federal-Response On Oct 1

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:17 pm

And what is wrong with this?

I think it has been pretty well proven that simply rellying on National Guard units to provide domestic assistance have had hit an miss results.

And no I'm not worried about a national martial law being imposed, however the government since the 1960s has had plans in place for such if needed due to war, riots, or massive health emergency. Its simply prudent planning.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

L-188

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:31 pm

And this is why the 2nd amendment is so important.

It gives us the tools needed to fight off an unjust domestic threat.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

falstaff

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 2):

You bet.... If the man were to come and try to take over my block. I'll be hiding in my chimney and shooting at them WWII era equipment. They won't get me without a fight! They will have to kill me to take away my 2nd amendment rights....... The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting!

Quoting Blackbird (Thread starter):
This part is highly disturbing, and is difficult to believe, but the timeline seems to coincide with the Army Unit Deployment, Oct 1, 2008

We had a plan in case the Soviets dropped the big bomb on Washington DC so why not have a plan in place for today's threats.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

AirframeAS

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:17 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 3):
You bet.... If the man were to come and try to take over my block. I'll be hiding in my chimney and shooting at them WWII era equipment. They won't get me without a fight! They will have to kill me to take away my 2nd amendment rights....... The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting!

checkmark  I'm with you, brotha! Can I borrow your .470?? LOL!
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

DocLightning

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:41 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 2):

Yes, because your pop-guns are going to do a lot of good against tear gas, IR eye equipment, military-grade personnel armor, grenades, and armored vehicles.

I'd even give you the most powerful fully-automatic assault rifle you can imagine and let's see how long you'd last against the U.S. Army.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Mike89406

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:45 pm

Another conspiracy theory? What is wrong with being on call for more domestic issues?

Mike  confused 

[Edited 2008-09-27 11:47:10]

IHadAPheo

Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Wow, I have just been informed that there are actual military bases on American soil. These bases have many armed soldiers on them. Oh the humanity

ZippyHadAPheo
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

IHadAPheo

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:11 am

Hhmmm

George Bush and Anti Christ both contain 10 letters.. Coincidence? or the the key code to "Active Unit Inside United States" attack??

ZippyHasABlackHelicopterhoveringOverHisTree
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

Goldenshield

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:13 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 1):
I think it has been pretty well proven that simply rellying on National Guard units to provide domestic assistance have had hit an miss results.

That's kind of funny considering that the government has sent a lot of National Guard units out to Iraq, among other places, to play Army. If their purpose is to guard THIS nation, why they hell are they out in OTHER countries (aside from Canada and Mexico?)
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

stasisLAX

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:33 am

Quoting Goldenshield (Reply 19):
That's kind of funny considering that the government has sent a lot of National Guard units out to Iraq, among other places, to play Army. If their purpose is to guard THIS nation, why they hell are they out in OTHER countries (aside from Canada and Mexico?)

The National Guard under control of state government should be activated in cases of "civil unrest" (wide open for political definition?) or some kind of natural disaster - the regular Army should not be.

The Army should be stationing these troops overseas, and allow the Texas and Louisiana National Guardsmen to come home and help with hurricane relief, and let California have some of its Guardsmen come home to support wildfire efforts, IMHO.   

[Edited 2008-09-27 18:36:37]
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

Blackbird
Topic Author

RE: Army Unit For On-Call Federal-Response On Oct

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:39 am

StasisLAX,

Actually due to two laws passed in 2006, it is now much easier for the President to declare an emergency and also one of the laws allowed the President to take control of the National Guard, and even use the NG units in one state to deal with a problem in another state.

Blackbird
"Why of course the *people* don't want war, why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood -- But, after all, it is the *leaders* of the country who determine policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist-dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist-dictatorship...
...but voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy: All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works that way in any country."

- Hermann Göring, April 18, 1946

IHadAPheo

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:47 am

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 21):
Blackbird
"Why of course the *people* don't want war, why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood -- But, after all, it is the *leaders* of the country who determine policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist-dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist-dictatorship...
...but voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy: All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works that way in any country."
- Hermann Göring, April 18, 1946

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

Mahatma Gandhi

quotes can be twisted to have many meanings, more so when one posts quotes without adding any personal opinion as to what one thought the quote was about. I bit of personal insight might allow others to know what you had in mind by quoting Hermann G

IHAP

Oh yes, Mr. M G. was saying if you are violent please wear a fancy outfit, you know like Jimmy Bond (Cough)

ltbewr

Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:17 am

First of all Amy Goodman, who is in the 1st video clip, is an extreme left wing liberal, bordering on communist as to her politics. She may be exaggerating information she has got and it could be from questionable sources with extreme, anti-government left wing agendas.

Taking if there may be some truth to this consider these possibilities:

Much of our National Guard is either in Iraq or Afghanistan or just back from there with numbers of them dead, or with life long disabilities so are under-manned and with no or little usable equipment as any good stuff that wasn't bombed or run to death was left there. If anything was to happen, then many places wouldn't have any or not enough NG troops and equipment if a 'big one' earthquake, Katrina like hurricane, numerous Tornados, major floods and so on.

A financial collapse, with masses of people making runs on banks, seeking revenge against banks, financial institutions and our government leaders, riots and other civil unrest.

We or Israel bombs Iran. I know I and millions will protest that in the streets no matter who does that and there could be riots in some Muslim population areas and counter riots against Muslims. October 1st is very close to the end of the Jewish High Holy days and of Ramadan.

Playing terror fears card before the election to support McCain even if no real immediate threat.

That there is a legitimate cause to believe that there may be a major terror attack in the USA and a need to prepare for that and possible civil insurrection.

It could also be a part of 'what if' contingency planning if a major situation was to occur including what I mentioned above.

StuckInCA

Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:34 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 23):
October 1st is very close to the end of the Jewish High Holy days and of Ramadan.

Also close to an election. Just in time to stir up some sort of crisis so that either McCain is swept in in a flash-flood of fear and panic or Bush just announces that he's not leaving office.  stirthepot 

Pyrex

Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:09 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 2):

Don't worry, you always have the 3rd amendment.

"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law."
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

MaidensGator

Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:30 am

Quoting LAXintl (Reply 1):
And what is wrong with this?

What's wrong with it? Well, it's been illegal for about 130 years...

Check out the Posse Comitatus Act...  Cool
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

yfbflyer

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:34 am

Quoting MaidensGator (Reply 30):
Check out the Posse Comitatus Act

You might want to check out the latest revision to the posse comitatus.

DocLightning

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:58 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 12):
There's less than a million citizens in the military, and a very small fraction would be willing to obey orders that subvert the Constitution in the first place.

That's actually my big worry. If the U.S. Military managed to generate the atrocities at, say Abu-Gharaib (or however you spell it) I really wonder how much resistance the troops would put up if they were told that some Communist resistance cell was holed up somewhere.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

Stealthz

Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:57 am

Quoting MaidensGator (Reply 30):
Check out the Posse Comitatus Act...

Have you?
I would be interested in your or others understanding of "Posse Comitatus"

Cheers
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

NorthstarBoy

Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:36 am

We do realize though that the very notion of a standing army violates the spirit of the constitution. the army was originally intended to be called up by congress in the event of a declared war, but otherwise were citizen soldiers who went back to their regular jobs. the notion of having professional soldiers, ala the european powers, was an anathema to the framers of the constitution, no different that having a sitting king would be. It's only been in the last century that the nature of the army has changed from being a defensive force, as envisioned by the constitution, to being an offensive force.

Likewise the advent of military bases in every state was an after affect of the civil war, when a Hamiltonian federal government sought to make is as easy as possible for the federal government to crush future such actions on the part of the states. Those bases aren't there for our health, they're there to ensure that if something like the civil war were to flare up again, the government could respond swiftly and easily.

With all the financial craziness in the markets going on right now, no end in sight, a bail out plan that is so contentious that the people in the room discussing it were actually shouting at one another over it, i have no doubt that something is coming down the pike, especially if Congress refuses to see eye to eye with the president. Now, suppose, that on or about the first of October, the president goes on national television and announces that due to the continuing financial crisis and the refusal of congress to take swift action, he has no choice but to suspend the elections and invoke a presidential directive he signed some years ago, giving him absolute power during a national emergency. Following that announcement, the army would be deployed into the streets as a "show of force" to deter people from engaging in say, protests, riots, maybe even an attempt to storm the white house and throw bush out of office.

That may seem far fetched, but when you look at how Bush came to office, his popularity ratings and the direction the economy has taken since he took office after eight prosperous years of Clinton, i don't put it past bush to declare martial law if he doesn't get what he wants, and who would enforce that martial law? take a wild guess.
Yes, I'd like to see airbus go under so Boeing can have their customers!

CPH-R

Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:58 am

For some reason, even before I opened this thread, I realised that this was just another one of Blackbird's conspiracy theories. I guess I'm getting used to the CT's frame of mind.. Big grin

.. and for the love of god, haven't we already covered those alleged "FEMA Deathcamps"? IIRC the last video turned out to be a freaking AMTRAK facility  Yeah sure

Body containers? What on earth happened to the good old mass graves? Or how about a body bag? More flexible & less weight to carry around.

And prison train? What on earth happened to the good old cattle cars of the 1940's? It worked for the Nazi's, so it would presumably work for the Americans?

Blackbird, in the future, if you want to have a sensible debate on various Deathcamps, Deathtrains, Death-whatever, feel free to stop by the JREF forum on conspiracy theories: http://forums.randi.org/forumdisplay.php?f=91 The posters on that board know a thing or two about these type of theories, since most of it seems to appear every 4 years (oddly enough, always right up to a presidential election.. )

johns624

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Quoting NorthstarBoy (Reply 32):

First of all, there aren't active army bases in every state.
Second, so what if politicians are yelling at each other. Have you ever heard the insults in the British House of Commons?
Third, one combat brigade-big deal. A brigade is composed of two infantry battalions and one armor, with support units. So it's about 2500-3500 soldiers, of whom way less than half are trained infantry.
Fourth, a very large percentage of soldiers are from lower income, working class families. You know, those families that are disenfranchised and "cling to their guns", according to a certain politician. I doubt that they would obey orders to go after their own parents.

DocLightning

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:30 pm

That may seem far fetched, but when you look at how Bush came to office, his popularity ratings and the direction the economy has taken since he took office after eight prosperous years of Clinton, i don't put it past bush to declare martial law if he doesn't get what he wants, and who would enforce that martial law? take a wild guess.

I used to think that it would be far-fetched. I am very concerned about what will happen in the next five weeks. I am very concerned, indeed. In fact, I will not feel reassured in the least until Inauguration Day has come and gone.

And if you know me, you know that I am the last person to start to subscribe to conspiracy theories. But Bush scares me. He scares me a lot. I can only hope that he feels that he's had his fun and now wants to take a break.

Quoting Johns624 (Reply 34):
Second, so what if politicians are yelling at each other. Have you ever heard the insults in the British House of Commons?

The UK doesn't spend nearly the amount of money per capita on their military that the U.S. does. They also have a very long tradition of managing to have rather nonviolent revolutions. In fact, the U.K.'s government appears to be the longest-lived government in existence. Although the modern U.K.'s government bears no resemblance whatsoever to the days immediately after the Magna Carta, there has been no single overthrow of the government. They yell and scream a lot, yes. But they DON'T wave guns and flags around like we do.

The current situation in the U.S. is alarming because it would not be terribly difficult for someone to get himself declared Dictator God-Emperor for Life if he played his cards right.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

RJdxer

Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:28 pm

the economy has taken since he took office after eight prosperous years of Clinton,

I would take issue with a number of your assertions but someone else already has. So I'll just ask you under what economic condition did President Bush take office? It certainly wasn't "prosperous". What has been the unemployment situation for the majority of his administration? The interest rate? There are many ways to define an economy but given the double hit of recession and the 9/11 attacks at the beginning of his administration it could have been much much worse.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 35):
They also have a very long tradition of managing to have rather nonviolent revolutions.

Yep, just ignore that little family squabble in Northern Ireland.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 35):
The current situation in the U.S. is alarming because it would not be terribly difficult for someone to get himself declared Dictator God-Emperor for Life if he played his cards right.

Considering he would have to have the cooperation of the joint chiefs at a minimum I would say it's highly unlikely.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, and a road that goes forever. I'm going to Texas!

johns624

Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:27 pm

It's funny how a few normally rational members are starting to sound almost like Blackbird in this thread...  Smile

Blackbird
Topic Author

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:07 pm

According to this link: It states that the Russian Government got notice from a British Bank that Bush is going to declare an economic emergency in October and will use it to stay in power indefinetly.

URL: http://hiddenmysteries.net/geeklog/a...?story=2008091605060529&mode=print

A lot of people have long suspected that Bush would try to do something that would allow him to somehow suspend the elections or in one way or another, stay in power indefinetly.

Blackbird

CPH-R

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Quoting Blackbird (Reply 38):
According to this link: It states that the Russian Government got notice from a British Bank that Bush is going to declare an economic emergency in October and will use it to stay in power indefinetly.

That would be a first, considering that they didn't cancel elections during the Great Depression (1932, FDR defeated Herbert Hoover).

Also, regardless if the elections are held or not, the United States Constitution clearly points out that regardless if a new president is found or not, no president may remain in power beyond the end of his second term (XX & XXII Ammendments).

L-188

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Quoting CPH-R (Reply 39):
Also, regardless if the elections are held or not, the United States Constitution clearly points out that regardless if a new president is found or not, no president may remain in power beyond the end of his second term (XX & XXII Ammendments).

Tell that to FDR.

Bt seriously now we are getting into the tinfoil hat realm.

CPH-R

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:43 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 40):
Tell that to FDR.

Considering that the XXII amendment was introduced because of FDR himself, that would be sort of ironic..  Wink

[Edited 2008-09-28 10:43:50]

yfbflyer

Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 31):
Have you?
I would be interested in your or others understanding of "Posse Comitatus"

I was looking into this a while ago. Orignaly Posse Comitatus was pretty straight forward about military forces from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States. Ie cops and soldiers are seprate. Around the time of the Patriot Act Posse Comitatus was ammended with the John Warner Defense Authorization Act
Wikipedia quote
"it provides that: The President may employ the armed forces to restore public order in any State of the United States the President determines hinders the execution of laws or deprives people of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws. The actual text is on page 322-323 of the legislation. As of 2008, these changes were repealed, changing the text of the law back to the original 1807 wording, under Public Law 110-181 (H.R. 4986, Section 1068,) however in signing H.R. 4986 into law President Bush attached a signing statement which indicated that the Executive Branch did not feel bound by the changes enacted by the repeal"

northwestair

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:31 am

If this does happen in the USA then you will see a lot of Americans immigrating back to Europe. The USA has been going down hill for the last 10 years. It would be interesting to see how Americans react to a Communist Controlled Country. I guess everyone will just have to sit and wait to see what happens in the next couple of months.
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly

fridgmus

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:38 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 5):
I'd even give you the most powerful fully-automatic assault rifle you can imagine and let's see how long you'd last against the U.S. Army.

No offense Doc, but there are a lot of us veterans still around who still remember tactics and know how to shoot.

That being said, martial law, it ain't gonna happen.

Blackbird, take a pill my friend.
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

L-188

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:12 am

Quoting Fridgmus (Reply 51):

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 5):

No offense Doc, but there are a lot of us veterans still around who still remember tactics and know how to shoot.

That being said, martial law, it ain't gonna happen.

Blackbird, take a pill my friend.

I think there is something to be said for old age and treachery.

Most kids don't know the havoc you can create in an underguarded motorpool with a 5lb bag of sugar.

Mike89406

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:45 am

Quoting Northwestair (Reply 48):
If this does happen in the USA then you will see a lot of Americans immigrating back to Europe. The USA has been going down hill for the last 10 years. It would be interesting to see how Americans react to a Communist Controlled Country. I guess everyone will just have to sit and wait to see what happens in the next couple of months.

I hope you're not drinking this kool-aide seriously.   

Looks like the conspiracy theory is working

Mike

[Edited 2008-09-28 22:45:58]

DocLightning

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:07 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 52):
Most kids don't know the havoc you can create in an underguarded motorpool with a 5lb bag of sugar.

What are you gonna use sugar for?

You go fumble around with your sugar. As for me, I'll be the guy with the bottle of corn syrup and the funnel. And it really doesn't take very much per vehicle, either. And if I can't get the corn syrup, I've heard some dish soap does wonders, too.

Oh. And if you can't get sugar, some good, ole'-fashioned water will foul things up quite nicely, too. Not as permanently as sugar, but it'll definitely put a kink in the day's plans.

At Burning Man this year, the camp next to us decided that they would wake us up on the first two days by blasting "Morning Train" at us at 8AM. On the third day, they found an empty bottle of corn syrup with a note on their generator:

"Maybe we did pour corn syrup in your genny. Or maybe we didn't. But baby's sleeping through today's 'Morning Train!'"

You don't need to be old to have learned the art of treachery.

Quoting Fridgmus (Reply 51):

That's good. What part of the tank are you supposed to shoot?

The point is that if you're going to have a revolution in modern times, it's going to have to fall to people like me who know how to use tricks other than guns. A bit of bleach here... a bit of ammonia there... Some syrup in a few fuel tanks.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

johns624

Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:01 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 55):
The point is that if you're going to have a revolution in modern times, it's going to have to fall to people like me who know how to use tricks other than guns. A bit of bleach here... a bit of ammonia there... Some syrup in a few fuel tanks.

Oooh, oooh, a kinder, gentler revolution...I don't think so...

falstaff

Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:08 pm

Quoting MaidensGator (Reply 27):
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but the government didn't give us our constitutional rights. The people created the government through the Constitution, but put limitations on the government's power in what became known as the Bill of Rights... Notice the Constitution begins "We the People..."

The government takes peoples rights all the time. People are always accusing the government of violating their civil rights. In some cases the government auctualy is violating those rights. Without the court those cases would never be heard. A lot of people say that GWB has done things that violate the constitution. A lot of people complained, but that didn't change anything. GWB didn't say "some people didn't like what I did so I'll stop" he just did it anyway. Next time you hear a politician wanting some sort of gun ban legislation they want to overide the constitution regardless of what a lot of people think. The Government can take anything away if they want, it is our job to actually make a stand against them if they do.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

md80fanatic

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:03 pm

md80fanatic

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:14 pm

The people of America feel so threatened that they openly accept troops on the streets....then that is exactly what they will get. Remember though, when the shit hits the fan, it will be you that are ultimately responsible, not Bush (or whatever liar is in there next).

I think we know what penalty treason brings, no? Perhaps folks should take responsibility for their own safety (for once) and not beg well trained killers to be operating on our streets (in a clear violation of the Posse Comitatus act). It is well past time to man-up, for God's sake.

Here's the truth.

The economy is so thoroughly ruined.....and stopgap measures like printing more cash and writing hot checks can no longer disguise the real problem.....that we are all broke and the people we chose to run the country, in collusion with the FED, stole it all. We will get angry, we will march on Washington.....and we will be violently put down by the very troops you "citizens" are so fervently embracing.

[Edited 2008-09-29 06:27:09]

DocLightning

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Quoting Johns624 (Reply 55):
Oooh, oooh, a kinder, gentler revolution...I don't think so...

Any Vietnam vets on here? How "kind and gentle" were the Viet-Cong? They viewed guns as one of a large arsenal of tools they had at their disposal. There are times when guns are quite useful.

And there are times when a large hole in the ground lined with sharp sticks is far more useful. But in a real revolution, if you cling to your guns like another object that defines your manhood, you are going to very quickly find yourself reduced to a thin, red residue.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

luv2fly

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:41 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 3):

Quoting L-188 (Reply 50):
The largest US population of Muslims is in Detroit...if they riot will anybody notice?

I am sure they will not as they are in the city of Dearborn and not Detroit.
You can cut the irony with a knife

DocLightning

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:57 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 58):
The economy is so thoroughly ruined.....and stopgap measures like printing more cash and writing hot checks can no longer disguise the real problem.....that we are all broke and the people we chose to run the country, in collusion with the FED, stole it all. We will get angry, we will march on Washington.....and we will be violently put down by the very troops you "citizens" are so fervently embracing.

Big version: Width: 400 Height: 300 File size: 41kb
(Duh, I don't hold the copyright, but it's obviously public domain given the number of copies that exist on the web)
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

md80fanatic

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:13 pm

You're a hoot Doc, no doubt about that. Funny thing is I am a amateur radio operator as well as the dude in your posted image. However the tinfoil hat I wear looks more like a ten gallon hat.....chicks dig it.  Wink

md80fanatic

Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 59):
But in a real revolution, if you cling to your guns like another object that defines your manhood, you are going to very quickly find yourself reduced to a thin, red residue.

Thank goodness we did not follow your advice in the 1770s.

Stealthz

Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 58):
(in a clear violation of the Posse Comitatus act)

Still waiting for someone to explain to me why the President or Congress ordering domestic use of troops is a violation of this act.

Cheers
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

DocLightning

Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:52 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 63):
Thank goodness we did not follow your advice in the 1770s.

The British military wore red coats and marched in a straight line. The most advanced weapon at the time was the musket and the front-loading cannon.

I know you may not have read the news lately, but this is almost 2009.
-Doc Lightning-

-Carl Sagan

md80fanatic

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:30 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 54):
I know you may not have read the news lately, but this is almost 2009.

I read enough news from a wide variety of sources.....however my mistake here was not reading your original point correctly.....which elicited my original response. My apologies. I thought you were saying the only way to survive a real revolution was to give up weapons.

seb146

Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:18 am

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 39):
The people of America feel so threatened that they openly accept troops on the streets....then that is exactly what they will get. Remember though, when the shit hits the fan, it will be you that are ultimately responsible, not Bush

We have been told so much that we are afraid, that we need to fear and brute force is the only answer to the fear that we feel we have no choice. There was some sort of military exercise over Portland a few weeks ago. I can't help but think it was planned by the Bush administration since we are more "open minded" than, say Salt Lake City or North Dakota. I think some group within the administration thought "Let's have military exercise in the most Republican opposed cities to show who is still in charge."

As for the last statement: Remember that the Diebold machines were "malfunctioning" in Ohio and many people complained of standing for eight hours or more in the rain just to vote. Add to that, others were told since their names were the same as a convicted felon, they were not eligable to vote.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Blackbird
Topic Author

Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:50 am

Seb146,

What if they really plan on Oct 1st to declare a federal emergency or even a martial-law declaration?

And what if that thing about those prison camps are true?

Blackbird