Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AGM100

RE: U.S. Election - McCain/Palin Campaign - Part 6

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:13 pm

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 146):
suggesting?

Imagine McCain or Palin surrounded by a Prayer group laying hands on them ? And that is exactly what that is ... I know ,we used to do it all the time. I have been to quite a few prayer meeting where we all group around and pray for each other just like that. And I dont mind it a bit , its a good thing. Just goes contrary to all the blathering about Palin being some far right wacko and Obama being aligned with the secular left. Hell you guys killed President Bush just for saying he believed in God ,.... remember ?

I love that picture ! I really do ... it reminds me of the days at the camp meetings !

DocLightning

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:15 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 145):
Now imagine if you saw a picture of Palin like this ..... I am sure it would be interpreted quite differently.

Well, yes, because Palin wears her religion on her sleeve quite differently from Obama.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 148):
Just goes contrary to all the blathering about Palin being some far right wacko and Obama being aligned with the secular left.

Obama gave a very long, very detailed speech about his views on faith and why he believes that faith is a private matter that shouldn't work into public policy.

Palin never gave such a speech.

luv2fly

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:29 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 151):
Palin never gave such a speech.

First she has to put in a request for said speech to be written for her and then once written she is then free to tell the world the Republican censored views of her views on religion.

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 150):
Experience has shown that the McCain campaign's cheap theatrics and half-truths give him only brief bounces in the polls. RUN AWAY!!!

I believe the momentum has shifted. Now begins the uncomfortable period for liberals where the truth about their candidate starts to hurt. Too bad for those who have already cast their votes for BO....and will not have a chance to change their mind.

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 151):
Well, yes, because Palin wears her religion on her sleeve quite differently from Obama.

Let me guess, please. Because Obama is for gay rights, he can never do any wrong. Palin is against gay rights and thus is a seething knuckle-dragging neanderthal? Am I getting close?

AirportSeven

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 153):
I believe the momentum has shifted. Now begins the uncomfortable period for liberals where the truth about their candidate starts to hurt. Too bad for those who have already cast their votes for BO....and will not have a chance to change their mind.

OK, OK, I'll bite.

What is the truth about the Liberals' candidate?

DocLightning

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:13 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 154):

Let me guess, please. Because Obama is for gay rights, he can never do any wrong. Palin is against gay rights and thus is a seething knuckle-dragging neanderthal? Am I getting close?

That's part of it, yes. Palin is no better than the anti-suffragists or the pro-segregationists of times gone by.

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Looks like Michelle Obama has quite a refined palette....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7tPvRQQFGD.../michelle-obama-lobster-hi-res.jpg

Cheque please.  Wink

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 155):
What is the truth about the Liberals' candidate?

That the world has fallen for a political infomercial....by the slickest trance inducer to come along in a century. I refuse to accept that the world would, en masse, be willing to fall on their sword for a man they know absolutely nothing about (that would be stupid), so I am forced to consider a sinister influence to be a very good possibility.

DocLightning

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 157):

$500 lunch for four vs... seven houses.

Don't go down this line, MD80. You can't win it.

AirportSeven

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Research, research, research. That story was retracted. The Post, in their anti-Obama zeal, ran a story that was totally bogus. What else would you expect from the Liebrul media?

so I am forced to consider a sinister influence to be a very good possibility

Black helicopters? The Bavarian Illuminati? The KnightsTemplar? The Stonecutters? Freemasons?

AirCop

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 147):
OMG, what a shocker. All even from this point forward. ATTACK!!! biting

Read the poll; total respondents still show a 10 point lead for Obama. Besides all the polls listed on RealClear, some taken later shows a different result. Will the polls tighten in two weeks, I would imagine they would, but what is the effect of more and more voters casting their ballots early?
http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK_Poll_3_Topline_FINAL.pdf

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:32 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 158):

Just lettin' the democrats know that their candidate can be trusted to "do with less" to help his fellow man. Another fantasic document is out too, but it looks like the Obamacamp is feverishly attacking the server at this time. Figures.....

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend.php?cid=N00009638&cycle=2008

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:41 pm

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 159):
Research, research, research. That story was retracted. The Post, in their anti-Obama zeal, ran a story that was totally bogus. What else would you expect from the Liebrul media?

The above link now works, get it quick!
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend.php?cid=N00009638&cycle=2008

RETRACT THAT

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 159):
Black helicopters? The Bavarian Illuminati? The KnightsTemplar? The Stonecutters? Freemasons?

Yeah sure

Quoting AirCop (Reply 160):
Read the poll

I did.  Smile

StuckInCA

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:42 pm

You're a day late on this RETRACTED story. She wasn't even staying at that hotel.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10212008...pagesix/room_disservice_134490.htm

AirportSeven

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:51 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 161):
Figures.....

What's your point? Obama spends money on his campaign?

Also, your story last night about how Gov. Palin ran up a $150,000 clothing bill by visiting shops and buying items during photo ops is bogus as well.

She has a personal shopper. His name is Jeff Larson.

It turns out Mr. Larson's company also ran the robo calls during the 2000 primary smearing John McCain. You remember those push polls authorized by Karl Rove and the Bush campaign, don't you? "Would you be more or less likely to vote for McCain if you knew he had a half-black illegitimate child"?".

AirportSeven

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 pm

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 pm

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 164):
What's your point? Obama spends money on his campaign?

Over $400 million so far, and counting. It's good to have a perspective when democrats post Palin's expenses. More data, better decision making, it's all good.

Quoting AirportSeven (Reply 164):
Also, your story last night about how Gov. Palin ran up a $150,000 clothing bill by visiting shops and buying items during photo ops is bogus as well.

Yes it was, but I did finish the story with a  Wink .

I had just finished watching a barage of Obama's campaign stops, where he bought ties, fresh fish, etc. So I thought about the perfect campaign stop for Palin....Cabelas? Smith & Wesson? Saks? I chose high-fashion for my story because I know how much the local liberal elite are tweeked by her stunning looks.

luv2fly

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Well Gidget and Gezzer are once again here in Ohio. If he trusted her enough to campaign alone they could cover more ground. Though lets be honest McCain alone has limited draw appeal.

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Palin gets outfits worth $4000 - $5000 each? My guess was $5000 - $6000. Ahhhh, she's my kinda girl.  cloudnine 

stasisLAX

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:11 pm

Newsweek has a lengthy article regarding Sarah Palin's possible plans to run for President in 2012 and her comments regarding the Constitutional duties/role of the Vice President. Has Palin ever taken the time to read the U.S. Constitution?  irked 

Here's an excerpt of the Newsweek article:

"In the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, only 38 percent of voters feel positively toward Palin, while a full 47 percent feel negatively. She's the only principal with a net negative rating. What's more, 55 percent of voters say Palin is not qualified to be president if the need arises, up from 50 percent two weeks ago. And she keeps pouring fuel on the fire. Asked Tuesday by a third-grader what vice presidents do, Palin said that "they’re in charge of the U.S. Senate, so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes"--which, given that the vice president casts tie-breaking votes as Senate president but "has no official role in developing legislation or determining how it is presented or debated," isn't really accurate. Still, four years is a long time. Long enough...to rehabilitate one's public image. And to read the Constitution.Palin could conceivably ride that rage to the top of the primary pile. Of all the possible 2012ers, she clearly has the largest, most ardent following. The question is whether she could overcome the Tina Fey Factor and cobble together a political majority outside the GOP.

Right now, it doesn't look possible. In the latest Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, only 38 percent of voters feel positively toward Palin, while a full 47 percent feel negatively. She's the only principal with a net negative rating. What's more, 55 percent of voters say Palin is not qualified to be president if the need arises, up from 50 percent two weeks ago. And she keeps pouring fuel on the fire. Asked Tuesday by a third-grader what vice presidents do, Palin said that "they’re in charge of the U.S. Senate, so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes" which, given that the vice president casts tie-breaking votes as Senate president but "has no official role in developing legislation or determining how it is presented or debated," isn't correct."

Full article: http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stump...8/10/22/is-palin-making-plans.aspx

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:24 pm

StasisLAX points out that Palin talks to little kids differently then she talks to adults. Although it's an awful lot of words to say as much....no points against you.

Are we to assume that you would tell the 8 year old the long and boring truth (of which he/she will retain nothing), so you can grandstand before the cameras and strut your superior knowledge in the face of the children. You'd probably cause them to cry.

You illuminate her effective technique with youngsters, call it a problem, and finally attribute it to a serious lack of basic knowledge of government.

PSA727

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:35 pm

This BS concern over Palin's expenses on clothes. Well here's the story: she and her family
prior to being nominated had very plain non-extravaggant clothing. In fact, she would get some
of her family's clothing at a second hand store called "Out of the Closet" (sounds pretty gay
friendly and open-minded, how strange). Now at the request of the campaign, she and her
family were told to go out and buy new clothes because of the on-stage impression they
would provide during her campaign stops. Now on top of that, these clothes are to be given
back after the election and donated to charity. I don't know if that means an outright drop at
the Goodwill, or that these will be auctioned off and the proceeds be given to charity.

BTW, how much did Obama's "Beer and Brautwurst" celebration in Berlin cost? I'm sure it
exceeded $150K. How much did those Greek columns in Denver cost? Or how about
Michelle Obama's $450 room service bill at the Waldorf last week of lobster and caviar while
her husband was at a Catholic charity event.

StuckInCA

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:48 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 170):
StasisLAX points out that Palin talks to little kids differently then she talks to adults. Although it's an awful lot of words to say as much....no points against you.

Why do you keep fabricating surreal explanations for every misstep or flub on Palin's part?

Couldn't it be that she simply is still not clear on what the VP does, wants to change it, or is incapable of clearly explaining herself?

You go way beyond giving her the benefit of the doubt.

mdsh00

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 171):
Or how about
Michelle Obama's $450 room service bill at the Waldorf last week of lobster and caviar while

Glad you mentioned that. The NY Post (you know the bastion of neutrality) just issued a statement that their "source" was false. Michelle Obama was not even there at the time.

Quote:
October 21, 2008 --

THE source who told us last week about Michelle Obama getting lobster and caviar delivered to her room at the Waldorf-Astoria must have been under the influence of a mind-altering drug. She was not even staying at the Waldorf. We regret the mistake, and our former source is going to regret it, too. Bread and water would be too good for such disinformation.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10212008...pagesix/room_disservice_134490.htm

If you want to compare to Michelle, she actually gets clothes from places like H&M and other places where normal people shop. Palin, for someone calling herself an everyday common woman doesn't show it with 150k on clothes; and paints the Obamas as the "Liberal elite." Anyway, both are still stupid arguments.

And do you really want to talk about Greek Columns? The right had a shitfest saying that "Obama was acting like he were a god."

Big version: Width: 450 Height: 350 File size: 39kb

A332

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:58 pm

You illuminate her effective technique with youngsters, call it a problem, and finally attribute it to a serious lack of basic knowledge of government.

Oh please, she would have had the same answer if asked by anybody. The only thing Palin has learned during this campaign is how to correctly spew the usual rhetoric.

Let's not forget about her foreign policy background... you know, up there in Alaska with the Russians and Canadians around... I need not repeat her words, it's been done enough.

Unless she's had some kind of radical brain transplant recently, she's still clueless Caribou Barbie!

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:04 pm

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 172):
Couldn't it be that she simply is still not clear on what the VP does, wants to change it, or is incapable of clearly explaining herself?

Most likely not.

I -can't- comprehend anyone setting out in politics, much less an established administrator/mayor/governor, not knowing the most basic of functions of the president of the senate.

I -can- comprehend a good mom giving the youngster an answer that they don't need to follow up with 10 more "whys".

2 - 0 in favor of Palin knowing the obvious while packaging it in a way an 8 year old can be satisfied with.

AirCop

Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:31 pm

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 147):
OMG, what a shocker. All even from this point forward. ATTACK!!!

Just released:
Barack Obama is up 11 points on John McCain among likely voters in the new Washington Post-ABC News tracking poll, 54 to 43 percent. Though little changed from yesterday, Obama's national lead is now his biggest of the campaign in Post-ABC polling.

Former secretary of state Colin Powell's endorsement provides a new boost for Obama, who has made significant progress with voters as a leader in international affairs. But Obama also continues to be lifted by more fundamental advantages, including a 2 to 1 advantage on "helping the middle-class."
/voices.washingtonpost.com/behind-the-numbers/?hpid=topnews

Aaron747

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Because Obama is for gay rights, he can never do any wrong. Palin is against gay rights and thus is a seething knuckle-dragging neanderthal?

On both counts, sorta off there buddy. Obama isn't for gay rights as he's on record being personally against redefinition of marriage. Palin is on record as the same, except she goes a step further and advocates that her personal opinion should have legal bearing on gay people because that's what "main street wants". It's called tyranny of the majority, and anybody who believes in that kind of intrusion in this day and age, sorry to say, is a neanderthal.

Legislated "traditional family values" are a paleolithic concept in contemporary American politics and will only be moreso with time.

luv2fly

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 177):
Because Obama is for gay rights, he can never do any wrong. Palin is against gay rights and thus is a seething knuckle-dragging neanderthal?

On both counts, sorta off there buddy. Obama isn't for gay rights as he's on record being personally against redefinition of marriage. Palin is on record as the same, except she goes a step further and advocates that her personal opinion should have legal bearing on gay people because that's what "main street wants". It's called tyranny of the majority, and anybody who believes in that kind of intrusion in this day and age, sorry to say, is a neanderthal.

Legislated "traditional family values" are a paleolithic concept in contemporary American politics and will only be moreso with time.

At least with Obama we will get to ride the bus, with Palin we have to run after it. As Palin said herself she only "tolerates" us gays. Which means she will wait until we are out of the room before she mocks us.

Mir

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 171):
Or how about

That actually cost $0, because it didn't happen.

I refuse to accept that the world would, en masse, be willing to fall on their sword for a man they know absolutely nothing about (that would be stupid), so I am forced to consider a sinister influence to be a very good possibility.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl  The evil Xenu must have returned to spread his influence upon the world! Somebody call Tom Cruise!!!!

It is a serious lack of basic knowledge about the government. She said essentially the same thing at her debate:

"Well, our founding fathers were very wise there in allowing through the Constitution much flexibility there in the office of the vice president. And we will do what is best for the American people in tapping into that position and ushering in an agenda that is supportive and cooperative with the president's agenda in that position. Yeah, so I do agree with him [Cheney] that we have a lot of flexibility in there, and we'll do what we have to do to administer very appropriately the plans that are needed for this nation."

I can only assume that she was talking to adults during the debate. Fact of the matter is, there is no flexibility in the Constitution about the vice president and the Senate. The vice president has two purposes in the Senate - ensuring order and breaking a tie. They do not get in there and make deals with the senators. If she wanted a good answer for a third grader, how about this:

"The Vice President is there to help the President if he needs it. For example, if the President needs someone to go talk to the leader of another country but he's too busy, he could send the Vice President instead. Also, the Vice President makes sure that the Senate runs smoothly. And if there's ever a tie in the Senate, then the Vice President gets to cast the deciding vote."

That's something that's both appropriate for third graders AND Constitutionally correct. The two are not mutually exclusive.

-Mir

md80fanatic

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Mir, without the need to get into yet another circular pissing match with bitter and worried liberals, let me just point out how sweet it is to present this mainstream media article for your perusal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10...ics/fromtheroad/entry4539166.shtml

Heh!  thumbsup 

luv2fly

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:04 am

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 180):
Mir, without the need to get into yet another circular pissing match with bitter and worried liberals, let me just point out how sweet it is to present this mainstream media article for your perusal.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10...ics/fromtheroad/entry4539166.shtml

Heh!

Let's be realistic here even if she talked with her press corp daily she would still be behind Biden. So Biden currently is not talking we do know him, same can not be said for Gidget.

AirportSeven

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:24 am

Sarah Palin, in the tank for the liberals.

md80fanatic

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:30 am

Stinging blast from another liberal....breaking free of the matrix.

http://www.ldsmag.com/ideas/081017light.html

Did he not get the memo?

luv2fly

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:33 am

A Drag on the Ticket?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20081022/pl_ynews/ynews_pl106

"Speaking of Palin, her numbers have plummeted in our poll. For the first time, she has a net-negative fav/unfav rating (38%-47%), the only principal [candidate] to carry that distinction. What's more, 55% think she's unqualified to serve as president if the need arises, which is a troublesome number given McCain's age. (Have worries about McCain's age risen because of Palin? Seems to be the case)."

I'm hearing the song from the Wizard of Oz, "Ding dong the witch is dead"

Mir

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:34 am

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 183):
Stinging blast from another liberal....

Yeah, we're not all mindless automatons like you think we are. Imagine that.  Yeah sure

-Mir

QANTAS077

Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:39 am

kid does ok too...

Aaron747

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:08 am

What a contradiction in terms...Mickey D's and Louis Vuitton. With a million in the bank, they should at least be able to hire an image consultant.

luv2fly

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:09 am

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 186):
kid does ok too...

That is such a sad sight ,to see youngsters caught up in material trappings. Though we do not know if it is hers or Gidget's, maybe Cindy McCain gave her a hand me down.

NAV20

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:26 am

That the world has fallen for a political infomercial....by the slickest trance inducer to come along in a century........I am forced to consider a sinister influence to be a very good possibility.

Gosh, MD80, what do you have in mind - 'mind-bending,' subliminal influences, hypnotism, maybe even witchcraft......?  Smile

I reckon myself that it's much more prosaic than that. The Democrats had a vigorous primary campaign among several able candidates and chose Obama for the traditional reason - that he proved to be the best all-round performer. They then followed up by selecting the most suitable candidate for vice-president (effectively, the 'emergency president'). Since then, equally sensibly, they have campaigned on the issues that matter to the ordinary people. With the emphasis on change, change, change.....

Conversely, as far as able candidates were concerned, the Republicans appear to have found the cupboard bare. Their primary campaign was a damp squib and they seemed to end up choosing McCain as the 'candidate of least objection.' They then selected a VP candidate who was uniquely unqualified for the 'emergency' role, apparently as a desperate gamble aimed at attracting the 'Hillary for president' camp; mistakenly reckoning that there was a large group of electors out there who would vote for any woman in preference to any man.

Since then the Democrats have kept the emphasis on the issues that (gravely) concern a majority of Americans; while the Republicans have merely introduced one ill-considered 'gimmick' after another; the 'hockey mom' rubbish, the pointless 'dash to Washington' over the financial crisis, 'Joe the Plumber' - all of which they've had hurriedly to climb down from once they realised that they weren't gelling with the voters.......

To me, it feels exactly like watching a well-made documentary on TV (the Obama/Biden campaign), and having to put up with it being interrupted at intervals by mindless commercials (the McCain/Palin follies). With maybe the odd entertaining commercial thrown in (courtesy of Tina Fey  Smile) to lighten the atmosphere......

Face it, mate - the Democrats are ahead because they are offering good candidates and are running a sensible, relevant campaign. The Republicans are behind because they're doing the opposite.

Not 'mind-bending' - just old-fashioned democracy, ''May the best man win."

luv2fly

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:09 am

I noticed on TV today that Palin is using her kids t campaign in Ohio with her. Funny she wants privacy for her kids and then she is uses them to win votes and in hopes of connecting with people. Similar to what sex offenders do with puppies in hopes of luring kids.

[Edited 2008-10-22 20:10:18]

Aaron747

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:54 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 190):
Similar to what sex offenders do with puppies in hopes of luring kids.

What an obscene reference, even jokingly. You continually post with ever-descending levels of class. Trying to go tit-for-tat with MD80fanatic? Sad.

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 142):
The fact of the matter is that politics is in a sorry state in this country. As much as Obama's campaign tries to discuss issues, McCain's campaign clouds the waters with diversionary tripe - - and people eat it up.

As much as that's true, it's equally true that both campaigns purport their candidate to be centerpieces of change. Change, by extension, could easily have encompassed the tone of the campaign and how it is conducted overall. I've repeatedly heard the argument from both sides that neither candidate can control what their supporters do - perhaps not on an individual level, but collectively, they sure as hell can. And the fact they haven't says a lot about who they really are: typical politicians who are genuine only when it suits their ambition.

Quoting A332 (Reply 143):
If you're expecting anything else between now and election day, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

See above.

Zentraedi

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:02 am

Man, Palin doesn't even seems to know what preconditions are....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWZ70SCucc

expressionless 

StuckInCA

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:18 am

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 191):
And the fact they haven't says a lot about who they really are: typical politicians who are genuine only when it suits their ambition.

Again, I don't disagree with you. However, I think you'll have to admit that your third party candidate would fall into the same MO if he/she were in the hunt. If you don't believe that then you're a lot less intelligent than I'd guess you are.

11Bravo

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:20 am

Quoting Zentraedi (Reply 192):

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Gov. Palin is in completely over her pretty little head.

md80fanatic

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:23 am

Quoting NAV20 (Reply 189):
Gosh, MD80, what do you have in mind - 'mind-bending,' subliminal influences, hypnotism, maybe even witchcraft......?

Precisely. Absolutely.

I'd rather see all of you being controlled against your will, than to learn you actually used your brains to support this slick utopia peddler. Brain washing you can break quickly, ignorance takes a bit longer.  Wink

Quoting NAV20 (Reply 189):
Not 'mind-bending' - just old-fashioned democracy, ''May the best man win."

Let us hope, for the sake of the world, that you are right.

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 190):
Similar to what sex offenders do with puppies in hopes of luring kids.

Bad form dude. Hate me if you like, but I'd never go there for any reason.

Her kids are part of her, they aren't props for the campaign. It's "what you see is what you get", and that's fine with me. Straight up and honest.

RJdxer

Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:36 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 141):
Obama certainly has the experience to bring down McCain/Bush/Cheney & Co.

He doesn't. The liberal press that has built the man child up does. Still they haven't quite won yet.

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 188):
That is such a sad sight ,to see youngsters caught up in material trappings. Though we do not know if it is hers or Gidget's, maybe Cindy McCain gave her a hand me down.

Remind me again which side was being accused of not talking about the "issues"?

Aaron747

Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:25 am

Man, Palin doesn't even seems to know what preconditions are

Now that's a legitimate issue. You can't be against something, much less use it as a talking point, if you can't define what it is.

Mir

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:05 am

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 195):
I'd rather see all of you being controlled against your will, than to learn you actually used your brains to support this slick utopia peddler.

Sorry, but you're going to be disappointed about that.

Quoting MD80fanatic (Reply 195):
Her kids are part of her, they aren't props for the campaign. It's "what you see is what you get", and that's fine with me. Straight up and honest.

I would never want to subject my children to that sort of thing, particularly when none of them are adults. But if that's the choice she wants to make, it's hers to make. But she shouldn't be surprised when they start showing up in the media should she take that course of action. You're either on the public stage or you're not - there's no in-between. And, as we know, the media can be an unforgiving place.

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 191):
And the fact they haven't says a lot about who they really are: typical politicians who are genuine only when it suits their ambition.

Which, if you think about it, shouldn't be surprising. If either of them were truly genuine people, they wouldn't have made it past the primaries. The bases on the left and right get the politicians they deserve.

Oy vey....  sigh 

-Mir

keesje

Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:32 am

McCain should have been nominated in 2000.

Unfortunately what killed him then is the only thing that could save him now : A Lee Atwater like smear campaign.

and he is too moderate, honest & civilized for that.

In normal live he would probably never have tea with a Palin even if she lived across the street..