Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:36 pm

Quoting Airbuske (Reply 298):
Timo Glock is such a sellout

Same could be said about S. Vettel.  Wink

EZEIZA

RE: F1 2008: Brazil Grand Prix!

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:39 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 271):
And that he is a coming WDC winner. Hope Ferrari will pick him up in the near future before someone else does it.

Vettel proved to be arguably the best talent that came up from this season, and he's proved to be good with an average car, a linited team, and in different track condition. I am really impressed by him, and I hope it was not just a few lucky races but that we have a new talent in our hands. And Ferrari, please get himfor 2010!!!

Quoting BristolFlyer (Reply 278):
Actually I don't think he was. He was racing a guy in the rain who had dry-weather tyres

Quoting Boeing74741R (Reply 283):
Shame to see Massa lose the title just as everyone thought he had won it.

For many laps it seemed that Massa would not win anyway because LH had no pressure and was doing what he needed to do. But that last lap was cruel for Massa. Bash me all you want, but under pressure, Lewis failed again. He had two moments of pressure in the whole race; the start (excellent team work btw with HK doing exactly what he was supposed to), where he did fine, and when Vettle was pushing from behind .. and he lost it. Maybe now with the pressure of winning gone, we'll really see what his potential is, but this race confirmed to me that so far, he is (the deserved wdc, I'm not questioning it at all) far, very far form some past wdc's.

On the contrary, I am happy to see Massa dealing with the pressure very well. I have to admit I was doubtful about him, especially under the rain, but he probably had his best race this season.

Quoting B747forever (Reply 289):
Alonsos race performance has been really good this few last races.

Anyone think that Renault/Alonso will come back next season to its former form??

Despite my personal feeling towards, him, Alonso IMO is the best driver on the grid today, and as soon as Renault began getting their act together, he proved it.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 290):
This would make F1 even more of a strategic extravaganza than it already is nowadays, and for all racing purists, myself included, that's unacceptable.

I agree with you. I'd leave it as it is, although giving maybe an extra point for the winner would not be such a bad idea ... but the last two seasons, the way they were open until the end, probably will ensure the points distribution will reamin as is.

btw, I'm still very sad. Hamilton deserved to win the wdc, that's why he won it, but Massa did not deserve to lose it, not like this .. but there's only one winner in sports. I'm still happy for him winning his home GP the way he did, and proving to us Ferrari fans that he has improved as the season went on. If he would have performed lke today during the season, it would have been a different story.

How many days until next season starts?  Sad (what are we going to do for so long???)
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

EZEIZA

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:41 pm

As much as I hate him right now, I don't think any of that was on purpose.

BlueElephant

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:54 pm

Alright...First things First!....CONGRATS TO LEWIS HAMILTON!!!
I'm so happy...i might spend some money on LH gear.

Now...Onto somethings I want to comment on.

Quoting Andz (Reply 267):
Fair play Filipe, good man in the post race interview

Massa did a Fantastic Job...and up until Valencia...I'd have been happy for him if he won the WDC...Honest...But after he was pretty much handed that victory in SPA...I was quite upset....

And I came to the opinion...that I didn't think Massa deserved it this year. To see him being such a good sportsman and a great competitor today....I was pretty much in tears also.

You guys may not believe this...but I actually stood up in my empty living room and gave the man a standing ovation.

I must honestly admit I'm a McLaren fan, and I was happy to see Lewis barely pull that off.
But I honestly have to say..That I hope Massa becomes WDC...because of the respect he showed today and how he held his head up after barely losin the WDC...He really is a good driver and deserves to win...And I honestly hope he wins it next year.

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 270):
IMO he would need to do a lot more to become knighted. The last F1 World Champion from the UK, Damon Hill, wasn't knighted either.

Sorry Madame Concorde, I think LTU932 is right...he won't be knighted just yet...but If he keeps up this pace wins 1 or 2 more than I think he will be eventually.
Sir Jackie Stewart was knighted after winning 3 championships and was an advocate for all sorts of safety stuff...not to mention he was knighted like 30 years after his F1 days.

It'll take a while

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 275):
As for Bourdais, w

I felt Really bad for Bourdais today...he was running really well...when he was "forced off the track" by Trulli....hmm...Funny how Hamilton was punished for that a few weeks ago, but Trulli wasn't.

I hope he retains his drive because I think he deserves another season..He was fantastic Yesterday. in Qualifying and was running right well...until he went off track.

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 285):
Respect to Massa for how well he took his bitter change of fortune in just a few seconds.

I felt really bad for him and honestly....I don't think it is right to criticize him...because He drove that race beautifully...and although he lost...he was very strong about it...and in the coming days..I think I'd like to hear more about what he had to say in the matter.

Honestly...during the Post Race Conference..I think i was still blacked out from going crazy.

I wouldn't be so harsh to blame Timo Glock...his team made the wrong decision by keeping them out on Dry tyres..and the rain got stronger and stronger....if they would have pitted the last lap drama wouldn't have happened anyway.

And to his defense...
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71968
He didn't know what was going on...neither did Vettel..although you wouldn't expect either driver to yield or hold up a driver to effect a WDC...

I was pretty pissed when Vettel got passed Hamilton...but I wasn't out to blame Vettel...that's racing...shit happens.

waterpolodan

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:59 pm

Let me just say that my heart really goes out to Felipe tonight, he drove an absolutely perfect race in every way and proved that he really is unbeatable on a few tracks (Istanbul, Bahrain, Interlagos), and a very polite man in defeat as well despite the obvious disappointment. What an incredible end to the season, though... I've been watching F1 for 15 years now and I've never experienced such an emotional ride during a GP, utterly unbelievable and the sort of ending that could be written into a movie script and then dismissed as totally implausible. Two years in a row of these incredible, down to the wire fights between Ferrari and Mclaren, does it get any better than this? These past 2 title fights have for me been even more exciting than the showdowns between Schumacher and Hakkinen in '98-'01... Despite all the penalties and questionable decisions, what it all comes down to is that Ferrari dropped the ball big time in Hungary and Singapore, and those two races cost them the championship, plain and simple. At least they have the WCC to celebrate, mostly thanks to the disappointment of Kovalainen. I think Mclaren should replace him with Vettel... imagine that team!

We really are in an age when there is no clear number 1 driver or team, and it is fantastic for the sport... I wracked my brain today, and I honestly cannot decide who the best driver in the sport is. Obviously my shortlist includes Hamilton, Massa, Alonso, Kimi, Vettel, and Kubica, but if they were all in the same car, who would be quickest? I get the feeling that if they were all running qualifying laps, Felipe would be the quickest, but over the course of the year I'd put my money equally between Hamilton and Alonso, as 2007 proved that they are pretty much dead even (tied in points after 17 races last year gives that impression, no?)

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 290):

The only "real" improvement of F1 next year will be the re-introduction of real slicks. 11 years with those silly ridged tyres has been long enough. In fact, the introduction of those ridged tyres was the beginning of the end of pure racing in F1, because it took away part of its essence. Sure, in the rain, you have to use rain tyres or intermediates, but when it's dry, let the drivers race on slicks, the way it's supposed to be, NOT on ridged tyres.

That's a bit dramatic, what difference do grooves on the tires make in the purity of the racing? Until 1971, the cars ran with treaded tires in the wet or dry, so it's not like they have always had slicks. The grooves were obviously added to reduce traction and slow the cars, and while I think they do look ungainly, it's no different than other rules in the past that were designed to slow the cars regardless of the resultant awkward looks, like the holes they started cutting in the airboxes in the mid '90s or when they banned the high, suspension-mounted wings in '69. It's pure aesthetics, doesn't do a thing to the essence of the sport...

Because he couldn't handle a wet track with dry tires? If you look at his lap times, he was doing everything he could to keep it on the track, but as the rain intensified he was something like 20 seconds off the pace and never had a chance to hold hammy behind him, unless he flagrantly blocked, but I think he was more concerned about keeping the car on the road and getting a few points than affecting the championship one way or another.

Quoting VC-10 (Reply 294):
It happend in the early 70's (I've been following F1 since 1969), not just since the MS days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_1_points

That's a good table of the changes in the F1 points scoring system, way back when they awarded a point for fastest lap of the race, and for most of the history of F1 the points were 9-6-4-3-2-1, with only a certain number of the races each season counted towards the total. In 2003, in part because of MS's dominance in 2002, the points were changed to close the gap between 1st and 2nd, and also to award points down to 8th position so more teams/drivers could score. I think the change has been good and the system works, after all, we've had 3 straight years with the title decided in the last race and 2 straight with the title decided by a single point, that is just incredible.

swissy

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Quoting AviationMaster (Reply 300):

Same could be said about S. Vettel.

Could not agree more Big grin

Good for LH, I guess the guy with more luck at the end won.....  thumbsup , good for MB it took them long enough.......

Cheerios,

B747forever
Topic Author

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 301):
How many days until next season starts? (what are we going to do for so long???)

I dont know, but it is way to long time before we get to see the 2009 season begin. I cant wait until March!!!
Work Hard, Fly Right

airbuske

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:17 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 299):
Why? Just because he was on dry tyres and didn't have the chance to go to the pits to change to wet tyres as the rain increased in the final laps?

Going into sector 2 on the final lap, he had a 15 second lead! 15 seconds! How did he lose all of that in the sector 3 when he wasn't losing time in the other sectors even though it was raining?

Quoting AviationMaster (Reply 300):

Same could be said about S. Vettel. Wink

Hamiltons fate was in the hands of 2 Germans. One did Schumi proud while the other was just... I don't know. I'm so disappointed. Don't get me wrong, Hamilton is undoubtedly a very talented driver. But in my opinion, what Cristiano Ronaldo is to football, Lewis Hamilton is to Formula 1. Until they stop being the slimy arrogant whining attention whores that they are, they won't have my support.

B747forever
Topic Author

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:22 pm

Quoting Airbuske (Reply 307):
Going into sector 2 on the final lap, he had a 15 second lead! 15 seconds! How did he lose all of that in the sector 3 when he wasn't losing time in the other sectors even though it was raining?

Well maybe it was more wet in S3 than it was in S2.
Work Hard, Fly Right

airbuske

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Quoting B747forever (Reply 308):
Well maybe it was more wet in S3 than it was in S2.

It was raining only along the start finish straight and he lost all that time on the hill up to the straight. I think something fishy is going on

EZEIZA

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:53 pm

Going into sector 2 on the final lap, he had a 15 second lead! 15 seconds

I did not realize that .. but, do we even know he was aware of the situation? If something fishy went on, someone must have told him, and the team radio is public, so how could he have known? If I were a driver and gets the order to make something look casual, especially with the arin condtitions, he could have easily screw up in a turn or something ... I don't know, but I think it was a legit move.

B747forever
Topic Author

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:12 am

Quoting Airbuske (Reply 309):
It was raining only along the start finish straight and he lost all that time on the hill up to the straight. I think something fishy is going on

Well if it is fishy or not, Hamilton has won the WDC (even though I would love to see Massa win it)
Work Hard, Fly Right

airbuske

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 am

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 310):
how could he have known?

Maybe it was his own decision?All through that final lap, his team would have made him fully aware about his position.

B747forever
Topic Author

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:24 am

Quoting Airbuske (Reply 312):
Maybe it was his own decision?All through that final lap, his team would have made him fully aware about his position.

Oh come on. Why do you think Timo would just let Hamilton and Vettel pass him. He has a race to do himself.

And BTW he drove with dry tires when it rained pretty heavy. It is like if you would drive with summer tires when it snowed. Good luck with that!!
Work Hard, Fly Right

davehammer

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:25 am

Trulli was the other driver on slicks at that point and he posted an almost identical lap time to Glock. Yep all very fishy....  Embarrassment Spa showed us what happened when certain drivers were on the wrong tyres for the conditions - they get passed very quickly!

aviationmaster

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:35 am

I think something fishy is going on

There was nothing fishy going on. Had Massa won the WDC, then all LH fans would be bitching at Vettel right now.  Wink

Apparently neither Vettel nor Glock were aware of the delicate situation they were in at the end, when all of it was unfolding.

B747forever
Topic Author

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:37 am

Quoting AviationMaster (Reply 315):
Had Massa won the WDC, then all LH fans would be bitching at Vettel right now.

I bet that a McLaren freak would try to hurt Vettel  Wink

Seriously, Vettel would be so hated among some McLaren fans if that was the case.

Quoting AviationMaster (Reply 315):
Apparently neither Vettel nor Glock were aware of the delicate situation they were in at the end, when all of it was unfolding.

True. Vettel even said that.
Work Hard, Fly Right

EZEIZA

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:11 am

Quoting B747forever (Reply 316):
Seriously, Vettel would be so hated among some McLaren fans if that was the case.

True, but who for sure was aware of his own position was LH ... he knew he was 5th and he still managed to let Vettel pass him, so some people could have been angry at Vettel, but the fault for letting him pass by was of LH. Luckily for him, none of this is important now, but he made a huge mistake that was so close to screw up his championship again.

EZEIZA

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:27 am

Despite I don't think he did it on purpose, reading and watching different news sources, you are certainly not the only one that finds Glock's 15s loss in one lap suspicious

BlueElephant

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:54 am

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 310):

I did not realize that .. but, do we even know he was aware of the situation? If something fishy went on, someone must have told him, and the team radio is public, so how could he have known?

Does nobody read what I write?
Again...Read the bloody Article...before going out and presuming things.

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 303):

I wouldn't be so harsh to blame Timo Glock...his team made the wrong decision by keeping them out on Dry tyres..and the rain got stronger and stronger....if they would have pitted the last lap drama wouldn't have happened anyway.

And to his defense...
He didn't know what was going on...neither did Vettel..although you wouldn't expect either driver to yield or hold up a driver to effect a WDC...

I was pretty pissed when Vettel got passed Hamilton...but I wasn't out to blame Vettel...that's racing...shit happens.

Lufthansa747

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:08 am

What a horrible result. That's all i can say.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

waterpolodan

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:13 am

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 320):
What a horrible result. That's all i can say.

How so? I'm probably the biggest Massa fan on this board (I'm wearing a massa shirt right now and you should see the posters/models in my room!), but I loved that race. Heartbreaking, yes, but well deserved for Hamilton. In all honesty, Felipe did everything right today, but the team lost it for him in Hungary and again in Singapore. Hamilton also got robbed of a great win in Spa that ended up going to Massa, and he was the victim of several other unfortunate rulings, so in the end, he thoroughly deserved this title. The only thing I hope is that Felipe has a car competitive enough to fight for the title again next year, and that he can win it in the final race in front of his home crowd (or have they changed the date of the race? not sure, hope not!).

EZEIZA

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:25 am

Quoting Waterpolodan (Reply 321):
How so? I'm probably the biggest Massa fan on this board (I'm wearing a massa shirt right now and you should see the posters/models in my room!), but I loved that race

Well, the race was breathtaking, and if anyone has a weak heart, the risk for a heart attack was huge, but the final result, as a Ferrari/Massa is awful. 200m ... that's all that was left. How many times in history of F1 has the title been decided in the last 200m of the last race? When you're so close, it huts even more. It's like losing a penalty shootout in football (the real one). You don't really lose, but you don't win, and you are sad while the other celebrate ... it sucks to lose like that!! I would have prefered to have Massa win with LH in a comfortable 3rd or 4th position during the whole race, but this was a kick where it hurts the most!!

The good thing is that I have now more hope in Massa for next season, because until not too long ago I was far form happy with his performances.

At least we got the wcc, not the big prize, but its better to have it rather than losing it  Smile

EZEIZA

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:47 am

If any of you have a facebook account, check the amount of anti-glock groups that showed up lately ... if I were him, I wouldn't spend my holidays in Italy Big grin

BlueElephant

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:17 am

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 323):
If any of you have a facebook account, check the amount of anti-glock groups that showed up lately ... if I were him, I wouldn't spend my holidays in Italy Big grin

I know enough Spanish/French/Portuguese to Understand most of the titles of those groups..they're pretty horrible...

Yeah...I wouldn't go to Italy if I were him...But some of that stuff Is horrible...

But again...I reiterate...Read the Article man...he didn't mean to do it..

Plus you should be blaming Toyota...not him...
he was just trying to keep the car on the track.

EZEIZA

Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:01 am

Quoting BlueElephant (Reply 324):
But again...I reiterate...Read the Article man...he didn't mean to do it..

My friend, did you read my posts?

baroque

Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:28 am

Quoting B747forever (Reply 316):
I bet that a McLaren freak would try to hurt Vettel

Attribute not that sort of performance to McLaren "freaks". Just because you feel that way does not mean others thing the reverse.

Heartbreaking, yes, but well deserved for Hamilton. In all honesty, Felipe did everything right today, but the team lost it for him in Hungary and again in Singapore.

Very well said. Too many "what ifs" for either team to look back with much comfort at 2008.

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 323):
If any of you have a facebook account, check the amount of anti-glock groups that showed up lately ... if I were him, I wouldn't spend my holidays in Italy

That is pathetic. I hope they move on from AlQ to more general irrational threats like this. If you did that in the street to Glock you would rightly get locked up, why is cyberspace privileged? Well stop press news, it really is not!

Lufthansa747

Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:28 am

How so?

Agreed Hamilton deserved it. But I can't stand the guy and his ego.

Felipe taking it at the last GP, and home GP at that, would have been stunning.

I'm from Finland but Kimi did a super lousy job this season. I bet Ferrari wishes they had signed up Alonso. Kimi only took it by luck last year. Let him go drinking and take Alonso to Ferrari.

I believe Lewis, Fernando and Sebastian Vettel are the best drivers in F1 right now. Maybe Heikki if McLaren gave him a chance. Kimi - POOR.
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

Stealthz

Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:02 am

Congratulations to Lewis on his WDC and Ferrari on their WCC and of course Massa's excellent race victory.

How many days until next season starts?

As I write this.. 142 Days 18 Hrs

(what are we going to do for so long???)

Surely there are scandals we can dig up! Controversies to debate!

Might even start one now...

Driver development, who has more in them?
Kimi has likely peaked.
Felipe, dunno.. he is certainly closer to his peak than say LH, SV, RK. Hesitate to say he will never get closer to a WDC than he did in 2007(I said that about Mansell at Adelaide in '86 and was wrong) but I don't think he has as much improvement left as the other three.

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 327):
Maybe Heikki if McLaren gave him a chance

How much chance does one need, put him in arguably the best(one of top 2 anyway) cars, run by arguably the best(one of top 2 anyway) teams... what more does he need?

Cheers

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!....well that might have changed!!!

MadameConcorde

Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:38 am

I am on Facebook and I am sorry to hear about all the anti-drivers pages, be it Timo Glock or any other. This proves that these people and those who write insulting words on their pages have a total lack of intelligence. These bad people will always be there showing themselves off, unfortunately.
You don't go insulting anyone in public places freely like that. I have not looked at the pages, I just learned about them here, I seriously doubt I will look at them. I do not like those who spread hate. I never hated any of the F1 drivers, they are all great drivers and good guys. I only like Hammy best of all since the time I first saw him racing and then met him in Monte Carlo at his first Monaco Grand Prix.

[Edited 2008-11-02 23:54:58]
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

Gman94

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:34 am

Anyone having a go at Glock doesn't know what their talking abou, the Toyota's were the only ones to take the gamble and stay out on dry tyres and their last lap times are virtually identical.

Glock 1:44.731
Trulli 1:44.800

When Hamilton over took him on the final bend you could see how much Glock's car was twitching around compared to the others when he tried to put the power on up the hill.

I have to say that I had a good chuckle when the Massa's family and the Ferrari mechanics were jumping around thinking they'd won it and the realisation that they hadn't. I don't mind Massa but he has one big failing and that's driving for Ferrari and I wish nothing but pain and misery for the team that ruins Formula 1.

Well done Lewis and McLaren, British team and British driver. It doesn't get much better then that.
British Airways - The Way To Fly

GermanInItaly

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:43 am

Hamilton is not at all pleasant. He is a petulant child.

For his fans, i just want to remind that even if McLaren won, the F1 can well survive without McLaren, but it can't survive without Ferrari.

Gman94

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:01 am

Quoting GermanInItaly (Reply 332):

For his fans, i just want to remind that even if McLaren won, the F1 can well survive without McLaren, but it can't survive without Ferrari.

Sounds remarkably like Schumacher, I'm sure you were a big fan of him though and the biggest child in F1 at the moment is Alonso after his nonsense last year.

And F1 would be a much better place without Ferrari in it.
British Airways - The Way To Fly

Stealthz

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am

but it can't survive without Ferrari.

That old crock of S*&^ again... you might need reminding that F1 can't survive with [B]ONLY[/B} Ferrari either.

Actually you might be surprised how well F1 could do without Ferrari.

Other forms of motorsport have had the Ferrari stick waved over them and gone on quite well when their bluff was called.

Cheers
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!....well that might have changed!!!

bill142

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:04 am

Finally the championship is back where it belongs!! Way to go McLaren and Lewis!

I would agree. He comes across as being very arrogant at times. More so then a lot of other drivers.

GermanInItaly

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:09 am

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 333):
Sounds remarkably like Schumacher

Are you talking about the Ferrari's 5 times world champion?  Smile

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 333):
And F1 would be a much better place without Ferrari in it.

Well, in that case F1 will not exist anymore, since F1 is basically Ferrari. But i understand your wish do not see Ferrari anymore. The victory of McLaren this year has been a coincidence and it is very much possible that the next year they will be in the shadow and in 2 or 3 years if they will not have Mercedes they will disappare, while Ferrari will be always there. Sorry mate.  Smile

PS: Congrats just because this year McLaren won without trying to cheat.. as they did the last year. They maybe have learned something. Not too bad.

GermanInItaly

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:12 am

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 331):
Well done Lewis and McLaren, British team and British driver.

You forgot the most important factor of this victory: THANKS GERMANY, THANKS MERCEDES.  Smile

Stealthz

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:39 am

Quoting GermanInItaly (Reply 336):
since F1 is basically Ferrari.

An opinion shared by you and Max Mosely but one with no validity in real life

Quoting GermanInItaly (Reply 336):
while Ferrari will be always there

You mean like how they dominated F1 from 1979 until when.. 2000 or so!

Always there... only while it suits the shareholders and board of it's parent company, just like any other team.

codeshare

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 am

In general: whatever. I'm not happy the Lewis got it, but so be it. I don't want a repeat ;P (blast that Glock, all season Toyotas were slowing everybody behind them...).

KS/codeshare
How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

GermanInItaly

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:50 am

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 338):
You mean like how they dominated F1 from 1979 until when.. 2000 or so!

Always there... only while it suits the shareholders and board of it's parent company, just like any other team.

No but i mean since 1950 and even before..

What about McLaren?  Smile

Stealthz

Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 am

Quoting GermanInItaly (Reply 340):
What about McLaren?

Been in F1 since the first race of 1966 and members of that Monaco team are still members of the current McLaren F1 team.. seem pretty permanent to me!

Euclid

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:03 am

I, for one, and I'm sure millions of others as well, will continue to watch Formula 1 even if Ferrari were not there. For a lot of us, it goes about more than just watching it because there are two red cars on the grid. I watch it for the racing, never mind the make or colour of the cars competing. Sure, it may lose the support of the many fanatical tifosi, but in the great scheme of the global F1 audience, they are but a drop in the bucket.

Stealthz

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:04 am

Apart from arguing about F1 surviving without particular teams.

What were the stewards doing at Interlagos, certainly not watching the race!

There is a whole list incidents that attracted a whole raft of penalties in previous races that were ignored in Brazil.. how come?

Trulli on Bourdais
Button pit release
Kubica interfering while lapped

Likely more if I study the race again.

Cheers

cpd

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:14 am

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 302):

As much as I hate him right now, I don't think any of that was on purpose.

Who knows what any of them are up to now?

The whole show has turned into a circus for young and spoilt brats - with a healthy dose of over-intervention whenever some sort of trend comes along that the organisers don't seem to like.

This whole season, much like the last season has left me blank and empty. Now with the talk of even smaller, more puny engines - the whole spectacle of watching violent, brutal cars, the fastest race cars in the world is going away. The whole direction of the series has lost the plot.  Sad

GermanInItaly

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 am

It seems many kids would like to see F1 without Ferrari.. an easier way to win something then.

What a complex..

[Edited 2008-11-03 03:23:41]

GermanInItaly

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:29 am

What a difference..

FERRARI:

The Scuderia joined the Formula One World Championship in the first year of its existence, 1950.

Ferrari is the oldest team left in the championship, not to mention the most successful: the team holds nearly every Formula One record. As of 2007, the team's records include 15 World Drivers Championship titles (1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1964, 1975, 1977, 1979, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007) 16 World Constructors Championship titles (1961, 1964, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2008, 201 Grand Prix victories, 4753.27 points, 603 podium finishes, 195 pole positions, 12,489 laps led, and 205 fastest laps in 758 Grands Prix contested.

Stealthz

Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:35 am

Quoting GermanInItaly (Reply 345):
It seems many kids would like to see F1 without Ferrari..

This is likely only prolonging an increasingly futile conversation but I have no idea where you get that idea from.
You were the one that started(restarted) the argument that F1 would collapse without Ferrari, no on else was suggesting they should leave the sport (although Luca di Montezemolo did suggest that was an option if the FIA press ahead with the standard engine concept)

Cheers

bill142

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:00 pm

Ferrari would loose bucket loads of revenue and the fan base which underpins it's cult status if it left F1. The road car side of the company would see a downturn in sales if they aren't racing in the sport that earned them the reputation they have today. Results on track equals sales in the showroom.

Boeing74741R

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 pm

But in my opinion, what Cristiano Ronaldo is to football, Lewis Hamilton is to Formula 1. Until they stop being the slimy arrogant whining attention whores that they are, they won't have my support.

Agreed.

Quoting Lufthansa747 (Reply 327):
Agreed Hamilton deserved it. But I can't stand the guy and his ego.

It's worse for me as the British media like to instil a lot of hype into our sports people, and now he'll be portrayed as God's gift to F1 or something like that.

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 328):
Surely there are scandals we can dig up! Controversies to debate!

Let's speculate. McLaren bribed Toyota so that they would order Timo Glock to back off and let Lewis past on the last lap.  Wink

Like a spoilt brat who will throw his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way. My opinion is that he's letting all this go to his head, and no doubt his cockiness will get bigger next year. Hatred towards Lewis by some drivers in the paddock is the tip of the iceberg.

BlueElephant

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:40 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 325):
My friend, did you read my posts?

I see that you posted just before I did...my Apologies we must have been typing at the same time.

Quoting Euclid (Reply 330):
I just loved the way the smirk was instantly wiped off that fat prat's face.

Hey man, I'm a McLaren fan too, but honestly...I don't think its very good to laugh at Massa or his Family.

Imagine you just won a million bucks and you were immensly happy and then all of a sudden..someone says....oh sorry...your NEIGHBOR actually won.

You'd feel like crap....

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 343):
What were the stewards doing at Interlagos, certainly not watching the race!

There is a whole list incidents that attracted a whole raft of penalties in previous races that were ignored in Brazil.. how come?

Trulli on Bourdais
Button pit release
Kubica interfering while lapped

Really need Full time stewards in there...Its absolutely not right. And it could potentially continue to be a spoilsport in the future.