Obama is naive on the economy,

Agreed.

And Naive on international relations
Civil rights
miltary issues
Health Care
Freedom

We are in for a long four years.....
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

SpeedBirdA380

RE: U.S. Election - #1 Presidential Race & Results

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 am

C'mon give the guy a chance.

The guy has not even been given the keys to the Whitehouse yet some people are condemming him.

I respect some of your opinions but I cant help but think we are seeing some

here on A.net

L-188

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:33 am

Quoting SpeedBirdA380 (Reply 201):
C'mon give the guy a chance

We can't afford to take chances with the safety and well being of our nation.

DiamondFlyer

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:35 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 200):
And Naive on international relations
Civil rights
miltary issues
Health Care
Freedom

Yup, agreed again. Can't to see the number of people who have to drop out of the college I'm at, because they won't be able to get loans for the cost of attendance.

-DiamondFlyer
From my cold, dead hands

kaitak

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 am

Virginia VERY close now ... Obama just leaning ahead by a nose.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 196):
The Obama presidency will be a disaster with a weak Carter-esque forgien policy

By which you mean he'll start listening to allies and well, the rest of the world. I guess you haven't noticed the disdain with which the US has been held throughout the world over the last eight years. After 9/11, the world stood with the US as never before, but this was squandered through sheer arrogance and bullying and waging a war which didn't need to be fought.

a Clintenese disregard for the miltary

How many of the military did Clinton get killed during his 8 years? And Bush?

You will see you first amendments rights taken away

Can't see a Democrat-led legislature trying to push through anything as egregious (or badly named) as the PATRIOT Act.

Sorry, my friend, but the Bush nightmare is over. Gone, finito. It will take the US quite some time to rebuild trust and respect in the world, but it can be done. And it will only be done by talking, not bullying.

dragon-wings

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:38 am

Freedom

How is he naive on freedom? Sounds like you pulled that one out of a hat.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

StuckInCA

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:40 am

Quoting JCS17 (Reply 185):
I'm sure you all have visions of your government handouts in the mail right now

Right.  Yeah sure

Schumers neo-nazi 2nd amendment policies

Do a little research on who's been restricting free speech via the FCC. Hint: It ain't Democrats. I'd go easy on throwing around the nazi and neo-nazi labels so freely too.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 199):
Al Qaida is very happy and I expect us to be attacked within a year

No more likely than with any other president.

We are in for a long four years

Certanly no longer than the last four. Or the four before that.

Man. At least I didn't whine until Bush made clear his plans to invade Iraq with no just cause. You guys are whining about what the talking heads on FoxNews have tried to convince you he might do.

Relax.

Klaus

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:42 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 202):
We can't afford to take chances with the safety and well being of our nation.

You just did for the past eight years — and look how that has turned out.

Please, you and your like-minded compatriots: Don't you think a little bit of critical introspection might be in order at this point in time?

How accurate have your glowing predictions been about the Bush presidency and its various adventures? And how does that extrapolate to your dire predictions about the Obama presidency now?

You need a successful prior performance to have any credibility now.

Maybe its best to qualify your fearful predictions somewhat. I'm pretty sure you won't see a re-enactment of the Soviet Union on american soil, but rather something partially reminiscent of the Clinton years — probably minus chunky interns on their knees...

Msl747

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:45 am

This is turning into a sad day for Americans who believe in a free and just society

It seems as though the majority of Americans disagree with you...
Commercial Pilot Certificate: Single and Multi-Engine Land; Instrument Airplane

kaitak

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:46 am

FOX calling Virginia for Obama now ...

SXDFC

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 am

I personally respect both candidates, they both have their good points and their faults just like any other human being on this planet.

I however have to say that it seems like more and more are calling Obama a winner when all of the votes haven't even been cast yet?

I am also not sure if anyone agrees with me or not but during times like elections,major events and heck this is something all of us tend to agree on- plane crashes, the media becomes more and more annoying, its almost to the point where you cant change the channel fast enough!

kaitak

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:54 am

T minus six minutes; with VA, Obama has 220; add the 55 from California and that's it ...

Still looking very good in NC and FL ...

Msl747

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:54 am

Quoting SXDFC (Reply 210):
I personally respect both candidates, they both have their good points and their faults just like any other human being on this planet.

checkmark 

I however have to say that it seems like more and more are calling Obama a winner when all of the votes haven't even been cast yet?

Its because, with the States Obama has won, the only way McCain can win, would be taking a State like Washington or California, and the odds of that happening are next to none...

I am also not sure if anyone agrees with me or not but during times like elections,major events and heck this is something all of us tend to agree on- plane crashes, the media becomes more and more annoying, its almost to the point where you cant change the channel fast enough!

checkmark  I couldn't agree more!

BR076

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:56 am

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 209):
FOX calling Virginia for Obama now ...

Wow... the state that invented slavery goes to Obama
ú

sv7887

Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:59 am

Quoting Msl747 (Reply 208):
This is turning into a sad day for Americans who believe in a free and just society

It seems as though the majority of Americans disagree with you..

Sure a majority does not agree but this country is still pretty divide and there lies the bigger problem.

No society can continue as divided as we are. It's gotten to the point where we can't even discuss our views with one another without resorting to name calling, and sometimes violence. That isn't a sign of a healthy society. We are polarized and are starting to hate each other.

We'll see how it goes. Enjoy the honeymoon until Jan 21st. Bush will be gone along with most of the GOP and we still have a country to run..A country beset with serious economic problems and simmering problems abroad.

I've felt neither "idealogy" will work here whether it be Strict Conservatism or Liberalism. We need pragmatism: a fusion of the best ideas and individuals from both sides. We're in deep hock and no textbook (DNC or GOP) is going to save us. It will take improvisation and leadership.

We'll see what the next four years brings. I think the future of the USA depends on what happens now..

Msl747

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:01 am

ABC News just called it, Obama WINS!!!!!!

max999

11pm EST

BARACK OBAMA IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!
All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal, or fattening.

stlgph

abc news calls it.

obama.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

luv2fly

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:02 am

NBC just called it for Obama.
You can cut the irony with a knife

Acheron

CNN reports 297 for Obama.

diamond

ABC News just stated, " ... Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States ... "

They based this on him already having 220 electoral votes before the polls in CA, OR, WA and HI closed.
Blank.

stasisLAX

CNN projects that Senator Obama is now the President-Elect!  bigthumbsup 

The projected win in Virginia will put him over the top in the Election!
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

StuckInCA

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 214):
Sure a majority does not agree but this country is still pretty divide and there lies the bigger problem

How many Republicans were singing that tune before 2006? Even before tonight?

I've felt neither "idealogy" will work here whether it be Strict Conservatism or Liberalism. We need pragmatism: a fusion of the best ideas and individuals from both sides. We're in deep hock and no textbook (DNC or GOP) is going to save us. It will take improvisation and leadership.

That I can agree with. I would add that Obama seems a much more capable leader than McCain. Thankfully it's looking as if enough people agree with me that he'll have a chance to prove it.

It will certainly be a challenging four years. We've got a lot of digging to do to get out of this hole.

Emirates773ER

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:03 am

Obama is the next president!
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

lowrider

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 am

Well, I think this one is going to hurt. I hope conservatives treat Obama better than Bush has been treated. Respect the position, even if you disagree with the man. I also hope conservatives do some constructive reflection and soul searching. Lets try and learn a little here, shall we. I am off to look in detail at some of his proposals and try to figure out how I can minimize the impact on me and mine.

Congrats to the Obama team.
Proud OOTSK member

dragon-wings

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 am

History has just been made in the United States. The first black President in our nations history.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

NAV20

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 am

Quoting RJdxer (Reply 194):
The founding fathers owning slaves has little to do with the sprit of the Constitution or America as it has operated up till present.

Astonishing comment. RJdxer.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

You genuinely see no 'disconnect' between those lofty sentiments (especially the word 'Liberty') and millions of Americans living out their lives in poverty, and being bought and sold like cattle? And later, even though their freedom had been 'bought' at the cost of maybe a million lives, being systematically discriminated against for another century or more?

I think the election of Obama will have a profound effect. From now on every American kid can dream of maybe being president one day. Which many couldn't, even a month ago.

Me, I think that's a great step forward..........
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards.." - Leonardo da Vinci

diamond

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 am

Blank.

midcon385

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:10 am

It's great! They're calling it for Obama and I'm thrilled. My dad voted for the first time ever this election, and my mom for the first time since the 70s! I'm just thrilled...

CONGRATS TO BARACK!

Tim
MidContinent Airlines: We Know How To Fly!

luv2fly

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:11 am

It was something to see the turn out for this election, people were so interested and eager to vote and be counted.

kevi747

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:13 am

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!  Big grin  bouncy   champagne   champagne   champagne   cloudnine   cheerful   laughing   praise   rotfl   silly   slaphappy   smile   spin   veryhappy   yes 

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!! USA!! USA!!! USA!!!!

I can't wait for his inauguration. I'll definately be there!!! YAY!!!
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

sv7887

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:13 am

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 222):

Sure a majority does not agree but this country is still pretty divide and there lies the bigger problem

How many Republicans were singing that tune before 2006? Even before tonight?

I don't know, I can't speak for them honestly. I've noticed for years this country has been getting divided along party lines, with the divisions getting even more bitter as time goes on.

I hope McCain and Obama encourage us to work together. There is a great article on Fox about it. There are room for "liberals" and "conservatives" in this country and we need to LISTEN to each other.

I'm a moderate, I don't believe in extremes. I didnt like the Bush Administration for their bizzare policy and spending money like drunken sailors.

I like Clinton more because he took the best from both sides...He knew how to get it done. I hope Obama takes a few cues from him.

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 222):

That I can agree with. I would add that Obama seems a much more capable leader than McCain. Thankfully it's looking as if enough people agree with me that he'll have a chance to prove it.

It will certainly be a challenging four years. We've got a lot of digging to do to get out of this hole.

Let's hope Obama is up to the job. What worries me about him is that he hasn't had to make a "tough" call in his political career where he has to take full ownership for him.

He reminds me of JFK with his youth and exuberance. He will likely be tested as Joe Biden said, and I suspect he will face a tough test as enemies abroad will be wanting to gauge who exactly he is.

JFK learned from the Bay of Pigs and I think that defined his Presidency as short as it was. I hope Obama learns the same lessons.

I am pleased to see a minority be elected President. It helps to bury the painful memories of America's past.

I truly wish President Obama the best, and I hope this country can get past it's divisions and work together

JetBlueGuy2006

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:14 am

THis is really good for the country, but i hope people hold him to all he promised. No matter what people say, he is a politician and they are known for not keeping promises.

However, This is absolutly amazing and our country will turn around.

Does Hillary Clinton have a high-post in the administration, like Secretary of State, Defense or something? I have a hard time believing after all she did to bring her supporters to him, they will tell her to get out of the way and go back to the Senate; and if they do, it is disrespectful
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

rootsair

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:14 am

Congratulations President Obama !!!!!!!!!
Just woke up, its 5a.m here in switz and couldn't have better news!!

Regards  airplane  wave 
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

AGM100

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:17 am

Well congradulations to the Obama campaign , and the left wing... its a big night for you. He ran a tough campaign and he and his staff did a good job.

And congradulations to my African American friends I know it means alot to you all.

Despite all the ranting I beleive he will try to stay to the center.... I only have one request .. I hope the ships are at the harbour in Basra ready to get our guys out of there. I hope not one more guy dies there with a CIC who calls there effort a mistake. Please.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

L-188

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:18 am

Quoting JetBlueGuy2006 (Reply 233):
THis is really good for the country, but i hope people hold him to all he promised. No matter what people say, he is a politician and they are known for not keeping promises.

They are already trying to downplay what he wants to "Accomplish"

Did you hear that woman who said she was voting for him because she wouldn't have a gas bill anymore?

Klaus

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:18 am

This event in several respects reminds me of the Berlin wall coming down.

It is a rather similar mixture of elation, a feeling of historical significance — and some people's trepidation about how this change may develop down the road.

From my point of view this is above all a fantastic day for America, which does a lot to boost the image of the nation in the world even before the new president has been sworn in.

captaink

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:19 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 232):
I am pleased to see a minority be elected President. It helps to bury the painful memories of America's past.

Bearing in mind that America is by a considerable amount majority white, it shows that white America voted for Obama. It shows that people want to move ahead, trying to leave the past in the past. There are greater issues at hand right now. Many people seem to think that, save for a few central states.

However as great a President as Obama can be, he will have his work cut out for him. I certainly don't expect him to be popular immediately, as America will continue to suffer for a while. But hopefully, this is step in the right direction, handing the reins over to the Democrats. He has some good people on his side, lets hope their expertise is shared, and maybe we can get America back on track.

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 232):
I truly wish President Obama the best, and I hope this country can get past it's divisions and work together

Good post man, I agree with you.
Look Up

Charles79

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 am

Congratulations to Obama!!!! I just walked by the White House tonight and I thought about what that building means and how tarnished it is right now. I pray that Obama will restore the Presidency to the status of a beacon to the world.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv2fly

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:21 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 237):
Bearing in mind that America is by a considerable amount majority white, it shows that white America voted for Obama. It shows that people want to move ahead, trying to leave the past in the past. There are greater issues at hand right now. Many people seem to think that, save for a few central states.

However as great a President as Obama can be, he will have his work cut out for him. I certainly don't expect him to be popular immediately, as America will continue to suffer for a while. But hopefully, this is step in the right direction, handing the reins over to the Democrats. He has some good people on his side, lets hope their expertise is shared, and maybe we can get America back on track.

Well said and right on the money. The Republican party and the last 8 years of the Bush Presidency is what won this for Obama.

NIKV69

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:22 am

Quoting StuckInCA (Reply 206):
No more likely than with any other president.

Keep telling yourself that.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 235):
Did you hear that woman who said she was voting for him because she wouldn't have a gas bill anymore?

Yea just like she will have free health care soon. I sure wish you are all here in 4 years. Should be interesting.
I am the Googlizer!!!

miamix707

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:24 am

Best wishes to Obama!

Not an enviable position, the economy is a mess and there's a whole bunch of critical problems around the world the US will have to help solve.

The other thing is the democrats and the left won't be blaming it all on the other side. Good there will be less of that, hopefully

Klaus

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:28 am

Quite a good and graceful speech by McCain. Kudos to him for that.

n229nw

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:30 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

sv7887

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:31 am

So the question is, Who is in the Obama Cabinet? I'm most interested in Sec Defense, Treasury, and State.

And I wonder whats next for John McCain...He gave a decent speech just now but I believe he is a honorable and will do what he can for President Obama.

JetBlueGuy2006

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:32 am

Quoting Sv7887 (Reply 244):
So the question is, Who is in the Obama Cabinet? I'm most interested in Sec Defense, Treasury, and State

Would not be surprised to see H. Clinton in one of those, probably Sec. of State
Home Airport: Capital Region International Airport (KLAN)

moderators
Topic Author

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:32 am

Please continue the discussion here:

https://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...ms/non_aviation/read.main/2000757/

This thread has reached a large size and the election has been won.
Please use [email protected] to contact us.