RE: What Do You Think Of Rachel Maddow?

Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:22 am

Never heard of her. Should I have?

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:07 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 49):

That is great but total ratings is how score is kept so your point doesn't really hold water.

...uh, try "how much who is willing to pay more for when" is how score is kept.
25-54 is where the money is, or do you think networks make more of an issue out of that particularly demographic during primetime just for their own amusement?

Quoting SASD209 (Reply 50):
Never heard of her. Should I have?

Sure, why not.

Superfly

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:08 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 42):
Particularly since my dad died,

Sorry to hear about that ConcordeBoy.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 42):
....and lastly, this one's for SuperFly and Avek00-- more than enough to go around:

Come on ConcordeBoy, you know I can't stand women with tattoos. Big grin

sasd209

Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:13 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 51):
Sure, why not.

Well, my news outlets are mainly the BBC, SkyNews, EuroNews, and AM radio. I guess I don't get out often enough.

NIKV69

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:52 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 51):
...uh, try "how much who is willing to pay more for when" is how score is kept.
25-54 is where the money is, or do you think networks make more of an issue out of that particularly demographic during primetime just for their own amusement?

What in the name of Moses are you talking about? Let us review

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...n/1,1002,272%7C%7C%7Ccable,00.html

Your going to tell me that people under 24 or over 54 don't count? Get over it, Bill and Sean destroy your lefty buddies at MSNBC and that won't be changing any time soon.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:58 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 52):
Sorry to hear about that ConcordeBoy.

Thankee

ou know I can't stand women with tattoos.

...didn't know that, though not surprised that that seems to be your only objection  Wink

Quoting SASD209 (Reply 53):
and AM radio.

She's on AM, so sorta surprised you hadn't heard of her

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 54):
Your going to tell me that people under 24 or over 54 don't count?

Reading comprehension sure isn't your strong suit, is it?
Alas, no, I didn't say such.

your lefty buddies

Pray tell: who would they be by chance? I'd be curious to know.

EA CO AS

Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 am

I can't stand women with tattoos.

checkmark 

Can't understand why some women insist on ruining their looks with tacky body art.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 56):
Can't understand why some women insist on ruining their looks with tacky body art.

Sometimes, artfully done work, and perhaps hidden in a sensuous place that only an intimate partner would be able to see... can be sexy.

Tattoos on the face, neck, glutes, and actual private parts though? Major no-no

DLPMMM

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Saw her for the first time last night.

Keith Olberman in disguise I think.

I changed the channel after about 10 minutes, as she is just another political hack not worth watching.

(And FYI, I also cannot abide with Countdown, Hardball, Hannety, Morning Joe, Huckabbe, Fox and Friends, Wolf Biltzer, Geraldo, Ollie ....)

Accasionally I can watch some O'reilly, but rarely make it through an entire show.

It would be different if these talking heads actually believed anything they said, but they are all just arguing for the sake of a partisan argument. They really don't have a central core belief system, but devote their lives to a political power game without respect to right or wrong.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 58):
They really don't have a central core belief system

You don't know that.

Quoting DLPMMM (Reply 58):
ight or wrong

...as interpreted by who: you?

NIKV69

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:04 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 55):
Reading comprehension sure isn't your strong suit, is it?
Alas, no, I didn't say such.

Actually when I read your poor attempt to say "where the money is" sure sounds like it.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 55):
Pray tell: who would they be by chance? I'd be curious to know.

Let's see Olbermann, Matthews and Maddow is quite enough wouldn't you say?

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:12 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 60):
Actually when I read your poor attempt to say "where the money is" sure sounds like it.

That sounds like a reception issue...

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 60):
Let's see Olbermann, Matthews and Maddow is quite enough wouldn't you say?

When did I say anything about liking the first two?

FruteBrute

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:44 am

Your going to tell me that people under 24 or over 54 don't count? Get over it, Bill and Sean destroy your lefty buddies at MSNBC and that won't be changing any time soon.

Sorry but as someone who is in advertising we don't give 2 shytes about people outside of that demographic unless the client is some bone density drug, or old person's mattress, or similar. The 24 to 54 is where the money is. Anyone over 54 isn't worth marketing to for the most part since they are already brand loyal to whatever brand they have been using for 30 years, and are almost dead. Those in their teens, well they just don't have much/any money to worry about.

But hey whatever lets you sleep at night, I say go for it. Advertisers are interested in the 24 to 54 demographic because of income, and long life these buyers can have to influence their decision.

mirrodie

Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:26 pm

Gals with tatts are a dime a dozen. The thrill is gone.

Nick, I just can't picture you the right winger.....

Seems this thread is no longer about Rachel Maddow, is it? Back on topic, gents?

Superfly

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Quoting Mirrodie (Reply 63):

We there ever a thrill?

Seems this thread is no longer about Rachel Maddow, is it? Back on topic, gents?

Back on topic.
Rachel Maddow is a dog.  Smile

NIKV69

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:48 pm

What did I miss? I am not a fan of tatoos on girls. Who has tatoos?

Nick, I just can't picture you the right winger.....

Unfortunately Mario I am not a right winger, just because I love guns and capitalism doesn't mean I drive around with the confederate flag on my car. Much as that seems to be how I am painted. Few of my views are not that of a "right winger" but it's a moot point.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 64):
Rachel Maddow is a dog.

Wouldn't say that, actually her makeup artist does a great job because she isn't bad on TV but in pictures she looks like a man. As Austin Powers said to Mimi Rogers. "That ain't no woman, it's a man.. Man!"

Superfly

Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 65):
Unfortunately Mario I am not a right winger,

By New York standards, you are indeed a right-winger. Or at least a conservative.  Smile

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 65):
Wouldn't say that, actually her makeup artist does a great job because she isn't bad on TV

Then I guess her makeup artist could make me and you look like decent looking women. Big grin
I swear, that R. Maddow is a man.

NIKV69

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 66):
By New York standards, you are indeed a right-winger. Or at least a conservative

I do keep forgetting that by NY or even SF mindset if you vote anything but Dem your a gun toting right winger. Shame that narrowmindness exists.

I did see that tatoos on that Vida chick, yea I don't like em.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 66):
Then I guess her makeup artist could make me and you look like decent looking women.
I swear, that R. Maddow is a man.

Again by Danger Powers' standards she is rather mannish but on her show she does look better. Again I want Megyn Kelly so it doesn't matter.

Superfly

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:15 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 67):
Shame that narrowmindness exists.

I wouldn't call it "narrowmindness".
It just means you are conservative compared to the rest in your environment.
I am a conservative by San Francisco standards. I am not a vegan.  Smile

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 67):
Again I want Megyn Kelly so it doesn't matter.

Is she liberal or conservative?

GuitrThree

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:47 am

Rachel Maddow is a left wing hack. She was hand picked by Olberman (this is fact). It's that simple. She's no different than Hannity or any of the right, except for her political leanings, of course. At least on Fox, while you're listening to Hannity yell, you have Colmes stumbling along trying to keep up. On MSNBC, now AKA as "The Power of Change," you have Matthews and his tingly leg backing her up.

She came from the failed Air America. Need I say more? Sure, why not, never stopped me before.

AA failed because those people who tried listening to it got tired of the "Bush Lied" and "The Election Was Stolen" theme they spewed over and over.

Now, get your thrills all you want over ratings. Give it a few weeks and when Obama becomes President and they have nothing more to say except how great Obama is while we go into a Jimmy Carter type economy, then MSNBC's ratings will follow Air America's right into the tank. The libs who turned to MSNBC will go back to what ever they were doing before the election, which generally involved listening to Ipods loaded with Rap, Hip/Hop, Madonna, and Springsteen, and other senseless music, while tuning in to such academic master pieces such as MTV's "Sweet 16" and "Cribs" for their video enjoyment. Maybe on a good day they'll stay at home for an eposode of "Pimp my Ride" or even flip to NBC for a thrilling, mind filling episode of "Deal or No Deal," or better yet, since they generally don't work, they'll hang out waiting in line to get on "The Price is Right."

Superfly

Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:05 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 69):
while we go into a Jimmy Carter type economy

Will we see a return of ChiPs, disco, Chrysler Cordoba with Corinthian leather and 8tracks tapes?  praise 
I certainly hope you are right!  Silly

The libs who turned to MSNBC will go back to what ever they were doing before the election, which generally involved listening to Ipods loaded with Rap, Hip/Hop, Madonna, and Springsteen, and other senseless music, while tuning in to such academic master pieces such as MTV's "Sweet 16"

Most libs hate MTV.
They cater to your spoiled frat boy / sorority girl crowd and they are hardly liberal. Those tend to be your your Republicans.

"Cribs" ... "Pimp my Ride".."Sweet 16"...

You watch a lot of TV man.
Is Married With Children still on air?

NIKV69

Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:28 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 68):
I wouldn't call it "narrowmindness".
It just means you are conservative compared to the rest in your environment

Exactly my point.

Now, get your thrills all you want over ratings. Give it a few weeks and when Obama becomes President and they have nothing more to say except how great Obama is while we go into a Jimmy Carter type economy, then MSNBC's ratings will follow Air America's right into the tank

I am beginning to think it didn't matter who won the election and we will get the same thing with Obama. He has already backpedaled on ending the war and he is starting to see that taxing big business to death will just make the economy worse. In a years time we will having threads here about his so called change. I doubt we will get back into a Carter economy. At this point the DNC knows that in a years time if they do try that they will be gone and by 2012 they will be out of power. Look for many differences in what Obama has said in the last year and what actually happens in the next two.

EMBQA

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:32 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 47):
Problem is , MSNBC has in the past proved that they don't care about ratings as long as the right message is getting out.

Yup...even when they report stuff that was made up.....
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j..._hn-5SfG9hdADHuRZ6hEDqNRAD94DQU5O0

NWAESC

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:43 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 15):
Well Liberal Talk Radio has never been a rating hit and just proves where the majority of the US lean.

Not really... What it proves is that Liberal radio's target demographic is too busy actually *doing* things in the world, instead of sitting and listening to the radio...

EMBQA

Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:46 am

Quoting NWAESC (Reply 73):
Not really... What it proves is that Liberal radio's target demographic is too busy actually *doing* things in the world, instead of sitting and listening to the radio...

LoL... yea.. OK, you just keep dreaming

So what are we to make of the fact that conservative Americans donate 30% more to charity than liberal Americans?

http://www.city-journal.org/html/rev2007-01-18hh.html

[Edited 2008-11-13 18:52:27]

GuitrThree

Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 am

Quoting NWAESC (Reply 73):

Yea.. You're probably right. Liberals are too busy to listen to the radio. I mean they spend their days watching the polar ice caps melt, polar bears drown, and moose being driven into the cities of Alaska while cheering on Al Gore who spends his time flying around the world in private jets promoting his global warming agenda while slamming America for killing the planet. Now that is *doing* things. With all that going on, how can they spend time listening to Al Franken and Rhandi Rhodes?

Luckily, all they have to do now is to tune into Maddow and Olberman and they get all they need to know. All brought to you by MSNBC, owned by GE, who, just happens to be the biggest lobyist in Congress, -AND- the biggest producer of wind turbines and LED's, while pushing Green Week on the Network.

ConcordeBoy
Topic Author

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:45 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 70):
hate MTV

....you mean that channel that long ago gave up having much of anything to do with music so it could instead bring unemployed 20somethings into a multimillion dollar mansion with complete strangers and enough alcohol to sterilize subSaharan Africa-- then refer to it all as the "Real World"?

Hmm, can't see why ~anyone~ would hate on that.

EMBQA

Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:49 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 76):

LoL... CLASSIC.... So everyone knows what the first music video played on MTV was.... What and when was the last....???

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 75):
while cheering on Al Gore who spends his time flying around the world in private jets promoting his global warming agenda while slamming America for killing the planet.

...and all along being one of the largest users of power in all of Davidson County.

[Edited 2008-11-17 12:51:49]