Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BN747
Topic Author

Sarah Palin Aftermath..what We Didn't Know

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:28 am

And now comes info what we didn't know.

In a Fox News piece just surfacing...it appears that Sarah Palin had no idea Africa was a continent! She thought it was one big country...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1...-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

Apparently, 54 Million Americans made a choice to of a candidate they knew very little about OR it was perfectly okay with that 54 million that person in waiting to become President of the United States lacked the most basic of high school geographical skills.

Also, that the clothing scandal is bigger than what has been reported. I'm sure now that the election is over, a whole lot of what we didn't know...is about to be known.

BN747

jush

RE: Sarah Palin Aftermath..what We Didn't Know

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:44 am

I hope she will go into the underground never to return again. She wasn't even a running-mate in my country but even seeing her on the telly was unbearable.
Such a piece of conservatism packed with stupidity. Send her back to Alaska.

Regds
jush

kc135topboom

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:52 am

So, Biden saying paying taxes is patritotic doesn't bother you? Palin rejected the clothes the GOP bought for her, and all will be donated now that the election is over.

As for the Huffington Post, can't you find a creditable source of information? FoxNews gives a little more detail than Huffington does.

sebolino

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:52 am

Actually, I don't understand how MacCain could make that enormous mistake to take Sarah Palin as associate. I'm sure he would have had a better chance without her. Thanks a lot John for that, but I'm still confused to see such things done by a very experienced politician.
It's obvious that she has a very limited knowledge of the world outside Alaska, and probably a limited understanding of international politics.

DocLightning

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:15 am

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 2):
So, Biden saying paying taxes is patritotic doesn't bother you?

It bothers me that you think it isn't.

Are you an American or aren't you? If you are then it is your duty to support your country and paying taxes is part of that.

I question your patriotism if you think that paying taxes is somehow unpatriotic. Especially since levying taxes is a power specifically granted to Congress in the Constitution, and not by an amendment, either.

Quoting Sebolino (Reply 3):
Actually, I don't understand how MacCain could make that enormous mistake to take Sarah Palin as associate.

Who do you think he should have picked?

Anyway, at first, when I saw this thread, my reaction was "leave her alone; she lost."

But now I realize something: the truth about her needs to be known. It needs to be known that she's a buffoon, a clown, a diva, and a dimwit. Nobody like her should be a leader, far less a VP.

OA260

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:16 am

Quoting Jush (Reply 1):
I hope she will go into the underground never to return again. She wasn't even a running-mate in my country but even seeing her on the telly was unbearable.

Yes but I fear she will stick around like a bad smell.

BN747
Topic Author

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:18 am

Is or isn't? Which ever he said... I'd rather a VP (the potential President of the US) in waiting who knows the world THAN one that has no idea where anything on the planet is. That is a dangerous person ... because they are secure in that you have no clue as how dumb about such basic things and that you have no way of finding out.

Palin rejected the clothes the GOP bought for her, and all will be donated now that the election is over.

So she says..that remains to be seen..

As for the Huffington Post, can't you find a creditable source of information? FoxNews gives a little more detail than Huffington does.

You apparently didn't read the link. HuffPo was simply providing the link to the Fox piece.

BN747

scrubbsywg

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:33 am

Palin rejected the clothes the GOP bought for her, and all will be donated now that the election is over.

err, that's not what is coming out now from the embargoed press...

from newsweek:

Quote:
NEWSWEEK has also learned that Palin's shopping spree at high-end department stores was more extensive than previously reported. While publicly supporting Palin, McCain's top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy. One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee began buying for herself and her family—clothes and accessories from top stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was shocked when he got the bill.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581

Interesting to hear that the Secret Service was warning the Obama campaign in september and october that threats had a 'sharp and disturbing' increase when Palin's crowds started getting rowdier.

I am honestly dumbfounded by Mccain's pick of Palin. I understand his maverick tendencies, but at some point you have at least have someone with the knowledge to help out and step in if needed. If what is coming out is true, how on earth could he depend on her for advice? Can you imagine her talking about the middle east peace process with mccain? Economic policy(doesnt know which countries are in NAFTA)? Although it seems that Palin was a small net gain for mccain, it surely wasn't going to help him get the independents, whom he desperately needed.

PSA727

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:40 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 4):
But now I realize something: the truth about her needs to be known.

Gee, the same can be said about Barack Obama, or is his history before 2004 only
allowed to include the years he was at Harvard?

Quoting BN747 (Reply 6):
You apparently didn't read the link. HuffPo was simply providing the link to the Fox piece

Of which nobody went on record, all anonymous. However, the rumor going around is that
those "sources" were former Romney aides. Hmm...now who would be Romney's greatest
competition in 2012? And who thought that Romney was going to be McCain's VP choice?
Who would have the greatest ax to grind against Palin?

DocLightning

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:40 am

If Republicans are wondering why the DNC just wiped the floor with them, maybe it's because the GOP has essentially made Conservatism equivalent to noisy, rowdy, idiocy. And Sarah Palin was the spokeswoman.

If Conservatives would like to regain their say in government, then they can stop hiring idiots like this and start coming up with people who are intelligent and policies that are well thought-out.

I'm sorry, but with all that's been revealed about S.P., if you still think she should have been Vice-President, I think you need to see a mental health professional.

Oh, and you can say that I'm biased and what-not, but I'm not. I disagree with McCain and his policies and views, yes. But McCain is NOT an idiotic, entitled, pompus, arrogant, ignorant schmuck. He has his personal faults, yes, as do we all. But he isn't dangerous; Palin is.

And I hope that wealthy donor sues her.

QANTAS077

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:43 am

who the bloody hell do you think paid your wages whilst you were in the military?

BN747
Topic Author

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:53 am

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 8):
Quoting BN747 (Reply 6):
You apparently didn't read the link. HuffPo was simply providing the link to the Fox piece

Of which nobody went on record, all anonymous.

What the hell are you talking about? Do you know how to 'watch' a clip..it's Bill O'Reilly and a named Fox reporter...Bill O'Reilly couldn't be anonymous if his life depended on it!

BN747

DocLightning

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:54 am

Gee, the same can be said about Barack Obama, or is his history before 2004 only
allowed to include the years he was at Harvard?

I could spin a lot about McCain to make him look worse than he is, too. But Obama is no Sarah Palin.

He's not perfect. Do you expect him to be? But I *DO* expect him to be able to list the 7 continents. And I'm quite sure he can. I expect him to not commit what is essentially fraud, which is what Palin's shopping spree was (especially buying clothes for her kids).

I don't care who he hangs out with, I care what he does.

Hmm...now who would be Romney's greatest
competition in 2012?

Not Sarah Palin. Believe me, her career outside of Alaska is finished. Heck, he could probably run for Governor of Alaska and beat her.

PSA727

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 12):
He's not perfect. Do you expect him to be? But I *DO* expect him to be able to list the 7 continents. And I'm quite sure he can. I expect him to not commit what is essentially fraud, which is what Palin's shopping spree was (especially buying clothes for her kids).

Then he should be able to name the 58 states in the union he talked about visiting.
And what fraud, she didn't do anything the RNC didn't sign off on. Did she steal the RNC
Discover Card and go to the Galleria and then stop by the food court afterwards for some
moose burgers and fries?

sebolino

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:19 am

Actually, I don't understand how MacCain could make that enormous mistake to take Sarah Palin as associate.

I don't know the political life in the US enough to give any name, but I'm sure the country is full of very capable politicians. Why her ? Because she's a woman ?

DocLightning

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:22 am

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 13):
Did she steal the RNC
Discover Card and go to the Galleria and then stop by the food court afterwards for some
moose burgers and fries?

Well, yes. I mean not exactly as you put it, but yes. She was told to buy three suits and she spent $150,000 on a lot more than that, much of which wasn't even for her.

If I were that donor, I'd have demanded that she return it or I'd have sued her.

PSA727

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:39 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 15):
Well, yes. I mean not exactly as you put it, but yes. She was told to buy three suits and she spent $150,000 on a lot more than that, much of which wasn't even for her.

Where do you get your news sources from? Someone from the campaign in September went
to buy clothes for her. That cost about $150K. However, that person also bought clothes that
did not fit her, so about 1/3 of those were sent back. And moreover, another third of those
clothes were not even worn by Palin, so she ended up wearing about 1/3 of that $150K
wardrobe. This was confirmed by the McCain campaign. Outright scandalous!!!!

DocLightning

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:44 am

Quoting PSA727 (Reply 16):

Where do you get your news sources from?

Newsweek.

In case you missed it the first time:

Quote:
NEWSWEEK has also learned that Palin's shopping spree at high-end department stores was more extensive than previously reported. While publicly supporting Palin, McCain's top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy. One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee began buying for herself and her family—clothes and accessories from top stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was shocked when he got the bill. Palin also used low-level staffers to buy some of the clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign found out last week when the aides sought reimbursement. One aide estimated that she spent "tens of thousands" more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.

Now if you say that Newsweek is an unreliable news source, then we're done discussing.

ltbewr

Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:41 am

As I have said before, an investment of whatever it was (apparently $150K+ ) is a small investment if a party can win the White House to have access to spending Trillions of dollars and priceless power. In the case of Palin and her family, it apparently went well beyond any reason.
The clothing purchases scandals, along with the several other scandals ('Troopergate', the gas/oil pipeline deals, e-mail use, the excessive involvement of her husband in her governance, the baby allegations among them) attracting hate speech at her rallys, her intellectual incompentancy, may all kill off her future political life. There has even been rumors that she may be the replcement for Sen. Stevens if/when he resigns due to corruption convictions and if he is finally declared the winner of his senate campaign.

Aaron747

Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:20 pm

Because he let his incompetent handlers make the decision for him. Or at the very least, he took their kindergarten advice.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 9):
If Republicans are wondering why the DNC just wiped the floor with them, maybe it's because the GOP has essentially made Conservatism equivalent to noisy, rowdy, idiocy.

That's essentially the argument from Peggy Noonan, George Will, William Buckley...you name it, not many conservative intellectuals aside from Bill Kristol was supportive of her.

santosdumont

Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Quoting BN747 (Reply 6):

Of which nobody went on record, all anonymous.

That's usually how it works. Sources speak on condition of anonymity all the time.

However, the rumor going around is that
those "sources" were former Romney aides. Hmm...now who would be Romney's greatest
competition in 2012?

Certainly not some hick that doesn't know Africa is a continent. Palin is an insult to her party. She's unwittingly relegated the entire provincial, faux-folksy, "it's hip to be myopic" vibe to the ash heap of history.

I always said that McCain should've gone with Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, although I don't know if she was up for a VP run.

PanHAM

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:09 pm

Paris Hilton would have been a much better choice for Mccain.

She's well travelled, she may even have been to Africa, she has enough money to pay for her clothing, she looks better, and, and...and is not as dumb as she pretends.

Smile

But seriously, Palin was a mistake but McCain could have chosen anybody, he would not have won this election.

About that clothing issue - clothes are part of the overall product, specially for a woman. . Either a candidate is rich enough to finance that from his/her own pocket or it has to come from the campaign budget.

HOMER71

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Then he should be able to name the 58 states in the union he talked about visiting.

Actually it should be 59. He said he visited 57 states, with one left to go - Alaska and Hawaii. So forgive him for that little math gaffe.

When can we expect all of the textbooks be updated with the new correct number of states? Big grin

STT757

Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:59 pm

I saw that report last night and I was shocked!.. This is not from the New York Times or MSNBC but Fox News correspondent who has been with the McCain/Palin campaign on the "No Spin zone". Notice Bill does not challenge him or interrupt.

If half of these accounts are accurate we dodge a big one by not putting Palin into a position to be one heart beat away from the Presidency, I can't believe someone who cannot name the Countries in North America, does not know the three Countries that make up NAFTA, doesn't understand that Africa is a Continent and that South Africa is not a southern region of a Country called Africa but that South Africa is a Country within the Continent of Africa is shocking!...

The fact that these accounts about Palin are getting so much air time in the more conservative corners of the Media and little coverage in the more mainstream parts suggests one thing, the more intellectual part of the Republican party wants nothing to do with Sarah Palin. Even most Republicans now realize to truly challenge President Obama four years from now they need someone with much more substance than Sarah Palin, someone with the intelligence and demeanor of a Mitt Romney. I'm not saying it would be Romney, but someone with all of his traits.

HOMER71

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 23):
Even most Republicans now realize to truly challenge President Obama four years from now they need someone with much more substance than Sarah Palin, someone with the intelligence and demeanor of a Mitt Romney. I'm not saying it would be Romney, but someone with all of his traits.

I'm thinking Bobby Jindal, Michael Steele, or Eric Cantor...

[Edited 2008-11-06 06:09:17]

STT757

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:09 pm

The interview from the Factor is at the bottom of the page, watch it and be shocked.

STT757

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:10 pm

Quoting Homer71 (Reply 24):
Maybe Bobby Jindal

I like Bobby Jindal, he has a bright future in the Party if the conservatives will embrace him.

jfk69

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:13 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 23):
we dodge a big one by not putting Palin into a position to be one heart beat away from the Presidency

Can we please stop with the "one heartbeat away" crap. Biden could be a heartbeat away as well. Every VP is a heartbeat away. If people really cared about age, they wouldn't have voted Lautenberg back into Senate, the guy is like 84 years old.

Back to Palin....She lost, Move on She may be an idiot, she may not know this and that, but she is done with. And guess what? If she does try to make a run for something whether it is Senate to replace Ted Stevens or she runs in 2012....if you don't like her then don't vote her.

DONE......

STT757

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 27):
Biden could be a heartbeat away as well.

He's more than capable.

Arrow

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:27 pm

I posted this on the Obama site last night, but it fits better here:

Sayonara Sarah. But there's one little tidbit left over from her candidacy that still troubles me. She kept promising for weeks to release her medical records (or a summary of them), and finally lets out a one-pager the day before the election. I'm a sick guy, but my doc could prepare a one-pager outlining my many ailments in half an hour and not miss much detail.

Now, for an apparently healthy, fit young woman, why would she do that? My reporter's instincts tell me that one day is not enough time for anyone to dig out an inconsistency in that sheet, so Palin technically "complied" with the request but made sure no one could do much investigating. Which tells me there's something there she doesn't want us to know about. Is it simply embarrassing? Or is it more than that?

We'll likely never know because, well, who cares? But four years is ample time for a governor to fix the records. She had no qualms about doing it with an expense account.

This woman campaigned strenuously for the job behind the scenes. She lusted after it. For someone as ignorant as she is (she didn't know who was in NAFTA? She couldn't identify Africa as a continent?) to have that much naked ambition is truly scary. Even scarier is that nearly half the voters in the US must have found her candidacy acceptable.

That's the trouble with democracy, Any idiot can run for office, as has been proven time and time again. An informed and educated electorate is the only real defense against that.

jfk69

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Quoting STT757 (Reply 28):
He's more than capable.

Your right..he is...everyone is cause its the damn cabinet and advisors who run this country....

Leave this bitch alone and move on.

Charles79

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:32 pm

Back to Palin....She lost, Move on

It's interesting that the right wing media is the one running with the story, though, not the mainstream (a.k.a. left) media. It gives me the impression that the Republicans are somehow trying to blame the results on her, which in my opinion is unfair.

I said this on another thread and I'll repeat it here. McCain's camp has itself to blame if they feel that Palin was not up to the task. She may not be the brightest star in the sky but one thing she is not is a fake. She never promised to be anything she wasn't, and wasn't that part of the appeal? I know she cost McCain some votes (including myself, I know of at least 3 voters who decided at the last minute and cited her as one of the reasons), but I think other factors cost him even more, such as the negative tone of his campaign, the economy, and of course belonging to the party in power.

To be honest, I would like for McCain to come out and publicly defend her and ask his staff to lay off her. It would be the gentleman thing to do.

SpeedBirdA380

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:36 pm

The Republican party well and truly shot themselves in the foot choosing this woman to run as their candidate for vice president. What a poor lack of judgement. I learnt that Africa was a continent when I was about 8 years old in school. To think that not only did she not know this fact but also did not even have the foresight to learn it after being nominated for Vice President speaks volumes.

Thats why I am glad Barack Obama will be given the keys to the Whitehouse in January.

[Edited 2008-11-06 06:38:37]

VC-10

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Quoting BN747 (Thread starter):
In a Fox News piece just surfacing...it appears that Sarah Palin had no idea Africa was a continent! She thought it was one big country...

Didn't Bush have a similar problems in a TV interview, something about not knowing who the leaders of certain countries were, during his Presidential campaign some years back?

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Apparently, 54 Million Americans made a choice to of a candidate they knew very little about

Seeing as Obama's resume could fit on a postcard with room leftover, we just got a President who we know very little about

planespotting

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:48 pm

This was my favorite snippet from the article:

The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

haha - I'm glad he's the president.

Gosh man, don't you get it!?

Where do you think the money comes from to build, power and shoot gas out of that eponymous boom of yours!?

Paying taxes is one of the most patriotic things an American can do, designated by the frigging U.S. Constitution!

I get that ya'll think we should pay less taxes and stuff - I'm no different. I sure as heck wince a little bit when I look at my paycheck every month and see what they took out, but without that money, we would have no national security because the government couldn't afford to pay anyone to fight for us!

One slip of the tongue - he meant 48.

mt99

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:02 pm

Quoting ScrubbsYWG (Reply 7):
. I understand his maverick tendencies

Being a "maverick" for no other reason that being a "maverick" doesnt work..

columba

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:02 pm

Can we please stop with the "one heartbeat away" crap. Biden could be a heartbeat away as well. Every VP is a heartbeat away. If people really cared about age, they wouldn't have voted Lautenberg back into Senate, the guy is like 84 years old

The difference between the guy who will be the successor of an 84 years old member of the senate and the VP is that the VP will be the next President of the USA and the commander in chief of the largest and most powerful military in the world if somethings is happening to the President.

Phoenix9

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:07 pm

Also, that the clothing scandal is bigger than what has been reported. I'm sure now that the election is over, a whole lot of what we didn't know...is about to be known.

Supporters of McCain / GOP needs a scapegoat...Palin seems to be the easiest target. I won't be surprised if a lot of $hit hits the fan for her after such a loss. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors!

JakeOrion

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:13 pm

So we continue to talk about this woman why?

Seriously, everyone's hate with (D) person or (R) person is getting very old on this board. Obama won, Democrats control congress, so why in the hell are all of you still so bent out of shape over this?

Who cares anymore?

FruteBrute

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:17 pm

LOL! Yes as you've belched and bellowed over the past few years how "patriotic" you are and others should be about these wars in the middle east is all empty rhetoric then isn't it? I guess in your world it's patriotic to launch a war and support a war (assuming someone else is doing the fighting), but not actually to PAY for it eh? Hmmm.... imagine that, a war that is on schedule to cost us more than $2 trillion, and yet you refuse to pay for it? Does your brand of patriotism stops at anything more than a bumper sticker that says "Support Our Troops".

LMAO! Had you actually READ the link you would have seen that it was a reprint and video imbed from Faux News. But you are right.... Faux News did give more detail, they went on even more in depth of what an idiot Palin is.

mt99

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 39):

People talk about about Paris Hilton all the time.. Train wrecks man,, Train wrecks

jfk69

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Seriously, everyone's hate with (D) person or (R) person is getting very old on this board. Obama won, Democrats control congress, so why in the hell are all of you still so bent out of shape over this?

Who cares anymore?

Thank you!!!

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 41):
People talk about about Paris Hilton all the time.. Train wrecks man,, Train wrecks

That dummy keeps her name in the news...Until Palin wants to be on the front page of the paper everyday....who cares, move on and stop harping on it!

SpeedBirdA380

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Who cares anymore?

No ones forcing you to read this thread.

And obviously many people do care. Its been the most interesting and eagerly awaited US election for a long time.

Its worth discussing.

JakeOrion

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:34 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 41):

Train wreck or not, I don't see Palin trying to keep herself in the spotlight. Hilton, on the other hand...

Quoting JFK69 (Reply 42):
That dummy keeps her name in the news...Until Palin wants to be on the front page of the paper everyday....who cares, move on and stop harping on it!

checkmark  And when I see Palin trying to keep herself on the front page every day, then I'll gripe. But until then, leave this woman alone. Its over now.

JakeOrion

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Quoting SpeedBirdA380 (Reply 43):
No ones forcing you to read this thread.

True.

And obviously many people do care. Its been the most interesting and eagerly awaited US election for a long time.

Why? The election is OVER. Done. Kaput. Why do we need to continue bashing the losing party, and especially, this woman?

Its worth discussing.

Discuss what? Republicans lost, Democrats won. What more is to discuss?

mt99

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 44):
Palin trying to keep herself in the spotlight. Hilton, on the other hand...

Which begs the question.. What happened to our favorite tax-dodger entrepreneur Joe D. Plumber?

Charles79

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Who cares anymore?

Again, the Republican media/party is the one who keeps talking about her, not the left...

...besides, as some have already mentioned, it's a free country, you don't want to talk about her then don't come into this thread.

SpeedBirdA380

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:52 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 45):
Why? The election is OVER. Done. Kaput. Why do we need to continue bashing the losing party, and especially, this woman?

I suppose its like the losing team in a game of football. When they lose people dont just say they lost,its over - forget about it. Instead they look at why the team lost and try to figure out what happened.

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 45):

Discuss what? Republicans lost, Democrats won. What more is to discuss?

Well some people enjoy discussing these things. Like for example when an airline orders some planes. Here on A.net people discuss why they chose that plane. You dont just say for example "well American Airlines chose the A350 instead of the 787" End of story,no more to discuss!

slider

Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:11 pm

It should be troublesome to everyone that once again the media has failed. If this is true, then it shouldn’t have been squelched until after the election and if it were leaked.

But it’s nice that the left can’t get over the appeal of Palin and continue in the sheer character assassination of this woman. The hateful responses are more illuminating of those who are doing it than they are about Palin. Thou doth protesteth too much.

If the claims are true, then they needed to have exposed it earlier. They had an obligation to do it in fact.