Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MadameConcorde
Topic Author

Qaeda's Zawahri Urges Attacks On "criminal" Americ

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Qaeda's Zawahri urges attacks on "criminal" America  Angry

Al Qaeda's second-in-command urged Muslims to continue attacks on "criminal" America and slammed U.S. president-elect Barack Obama for vowing to back Israel during his campaign.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20081119...k-qaeda-obama-zawahri-81f3b62.html

I thought OBL was long dead and gone so Zawahri must be first-in-command by now, not second.  Wow!

slider

RE: Qaeda's Zawahri Urges Attacks On "criminal" Americ

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Hey Obama- this is a problem for your pay grade now, amigo. Godspeed in facing the challenge. This is the kind of animal you now have to deal with—who offers racial slurs to you and doesn’t care about your oratory prowess.

Foreign Affairs has a good feature on the issues the new president will face and the Afghanistan issue is actually far more complicated than Iraq…and will require longer occupation and Pakistan’s involvement and cooperation far more than what they are now.

AGM100

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Hey I just flew on a 747-4 test flight last week with one of the those "House Slaves ! " Capt. Reynolds , a very good pilot and a great American veteran.

AQ is about to enter a new chapter of hurt ... now the left wing has something to hang on them. Blowing up people is one thing , but blasting out racial slurs will rally the rainbow troops for sure. !! God help em ...

DocLightning

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Well did you expect AQ to heap praise upon him and call for a cessation of hostilities?

I mean, come ON. Why do we even listen to what they're saying? I could have predicted it, although I didn't quite expect the racism.

Confuscius

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 3):
although I didn't quite expect the racism.

That dude must have attended a few Sarah Palin rallies.  duck 

Big grin

DocLightning

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 4):

That dude must have attended a few Sarah Palin rallies.

Leaving that aside, come ON, folks! It's Al-Qaeda. What did you think they were going to say?

Can you imagine any state of affairs that would make them call for a cessation of hostilities? Even if the U.S. pulled completely out of Afghanistan and Iraq tomorrow, Israel announced plans to move to Madagascar, and all Arab countries severed all ties with the West, they'd STILL call for American blood.

And once all the Americans were dead then they'd start to call for the blood of anyone not part of their organization.

They kill people for FUN, folks. They ENJOY killing because they're a bunch of sociopaths. So stop listening to them and start trying to kill them!

ME AVN FAN

Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:51 pm

Quoting MadameConcorde (Thread starter):
I thought OBL was long dead and gone so Zawahri must be first-in-command by now, not second.

-
Nobody really knows. He possibly lives in London W2 north of Hyde Park in an apartment, near a clinic for his various ailments, and with his artificial beard in the cupboard. And giving his hints to Dr Zawahiri by Email.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 2):
.. now the left wing has something to hang on them

-
for elQaeda, the world is back in correct shape. They are dedicated rightwing-extremists of the religious kind, and so, a left-of-centre US president is THE enemy they longed for.

AGM100

Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:33 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 5):
So stop listening to them and start trying to kill them!

Cool !, what do you think our guys have been doing for the past 7 years ?! That is exactly what we have been doing , killing AQ and terrorist types all over the place.

Welcome aboard !

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 6):
a left-of-centre US president is THE enemy they longed for

Sorry? , I thought President Bush was there dream come true. ? It has been said on here at least 10 thousand times that President Bush did more to help them recruit than anyone else. Are you saying that they feel like they have achieved some "victory" by us electing a left wing President ? If so , I agree with you.

HAWK21M

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:36 pm

I thought OBL was long dead and gone so Zawahri must be first-in-command by now, not second.

Unofficially......As AQ has not declared anything yet.
Interesting is to view obamas position on the Afghan war & pakistan NWFP after taking over.
regds
MEL

OHLHD

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:48 pm

As long as people are paying attention to those idiots they will always be heard. If no one covers their BS they will be gone and at max hunt the local cow.......

StarAC17

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:27 am

And once all the Americans were dead then they'd start to call for the blood of anyone not part of their organization.

That's their intention to make the world exactly like how they see it, just like Hitler. If they somehow were able to defeat western civilization (which can only happen if we destroy ourselves which is their indirect intention). They will then turn on China, Latin America, Japan etc.

Al-Qaeda is really no different from the Third Reich its just that people are more suspicious of governments and leaders now.

DocLightning

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:27 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 7):

Cool !, what do you think our guys have been doing for the past 7 years ?!

Tooling around in Iraq. Which wasn't where AQ was. Oh, they are now, of course. But that's only because we knocked Saddam out of power. He was horrible, but at least he had Iraq under control and he had AQ out of there. And he wasn't our problem until we stuck our noses in and made him and his churning cesspool of a country into our problem.

EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR that got spent in Iraq should have been spent in Afghanistan and then we might have OBL's head stuffed and mounted in the White House.

But if Bush had paraded a shackled OBL around, then that would have ended the "War on Terror" and he wouldn't have been able to use it as a political tool to browbeat his opponents as "with the terrorists" to win the 2004 election.

todaReisinger

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:38 am

They kill people for FUN, folks.

No. They kill because of a deep hatred against anyone who is not what they would call a "believer"....

So stop listening to them and start trying to kill them!

Interesting to hear such a loud call for large scale killings from someone who seems so deeply concerned about human rights when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I guess the human rights issue is valid just for that conflict, and mandatory only for one of the conflicting parties.

I don't know how the "West" will be able to stop AQ.

I keep asking myself a question: if WWII had happened in our time, at the end of the 20th century or the start of the 21st, would the Allies have been able to win?

dxing

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:31 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 11):
EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR that got spent in Iraq should have been spent in Afghanistan and then we might have OBL's head stuffed and mounted in the White House.

As long as he remains on the Pakistani side of the border you can sink all the money and put all the boots you want in Afghanistan and he will grow old with age.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 11):
But if Bush had paraded a shackled OBL around, then that would have ended the "War on Terror" and he wouldn't have been able to use it as a political tool to browbeat his opponents as "with the terrorists" to win the 2004 election.

If you think invading Iraq helped to recruit more AQ members, the weight that sight would have been worth would have been uncountalbe. They would be coming out of the woodwork. Best he dies from a sniper round or a hell fire missle that accidently gets fired across the border.

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 8):
Interesting is to view obamas position on the Afghan war & pakistan NWFP after taking over.
regds

Yep nothing like aggrevating radicals in a country that already has nukes!

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 6):
Nobody really knows. He possibly lives in London W2 north of Hyde Park in an apartment, near a clinic for his various ailments, and with his artificial beard in the cupboard. And giving his hints to Dr Zawahiri by Email.

Yes and I am richer than Bill Gates.

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 9):
As long as people are paying attention to those idiots they will always be heard. If no one covers their BS they will be gone and at max hunt the local cow.......

We tried this approach in the 90's. It got us two blown up embassies, a navy ship out of commission for quite some time, and two of the worlds largest skyscrapers destroyed. I really don't think that approach is going to work IMO.

Superfly

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:41 am

Quoting Slider (Reply 1):
Hey Obama- this is a problem for your pay grade now, amigo. Godspeed in facing the challenge.

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 2):
AQ is about to enter a new chapter of hurt ... now the left wing has something to hang on them. Blowing up people is one thing , but blasting out racial slurs will rally the rainbow troops for sure. !! God help em ...

Question?
Do you two support the President in catching these terrorist?
Too me it sounds as if you want President Obama to fail and Al Qaeda to win.
Care to explain?

Mir

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:55 am

Cool !, what do you think our guys have been doing for the past 7 years ?!

Mucking around in Iraq while they should have been focused on Afghanistan. That's no fault of the troops, of course - their leaders set bad policy.

Quoting TodaReisinger (Reply 12):
Interesting to hear such a loud call for large scale killings from someone who seems so deeply concerned about human rights when it comes to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I guess the human rights issue is valid just for that conflict, and mandatory only for one of the conflicting parties.

The Israel/Palestine conflict has nothing to do with hunting down al-Qaeda. In one, you have fighting going on between two groups with a whole lot of civilians on both sides caught in the middle who just want to live their lives in peace. That's a situation where you need to be careful about human rights. And in the other, you have a group of people who will stop at nothing to kill civilians out of hate. Those people I'm perfectly fine with just getting rid of.

-Mir

todaReisinger

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:29 am

"And in the other, you have a group of people who will stop at nothing to kill civilians out of hate. Those people I'm perfectly fine with just getting rid of."

And Hamas, Islamic jihad or Fatah's Aksa brigades, sending human bombs with no other goal than to kill and maim as many civilians as possible, do not enter this category, of course. Or do you want to tell us that in your eyes Hamas & Co are "freedom fighters" waging a just war against legitimate targets...? Be clear with your thoughts please.

What is interesting is to note that killing innocent civilians in New York, Madrid, Paris, Bali, Djerba, Bombay, Tokyo, Nairobi or Moscow is called "terrorism", while killing innocent civilians in Tel Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem or Beer Sheva is not.

AGM100

Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 14):
Care to explain?

I personaly dont care about putting medals on the chest of PE Obama , but I sure am rooting for him too fight the terror gangs that threaten all of us. I realize you expect me to be hoping for PE Obama to fail , but that is not even close to true. I have said before , he is my President and leads our military in battle againsts our sworn enemies. It trancends politics and the glory of the President , it is about our kids future and the future of the world.

I am not like many on here , I will not snipe at my President every chance I get. He deserves our support and pride as he deals with many many things we never even know about. I beleive PE Obama is getting a rude awakening too the dangerous world outside his campaign office. I believe that it is a sobering view , and I also beleive that he will make sound decisions when the light is shown on the issues.

I now have a oppourtunity to practice what I have preached on here for years . I may not agree with everything my President does . But I also know that railing against him and making fun of him all the time gives aid and comfort to our enemies. For years most everyone one on here has bashed and trashed our President , I will not fall into that short sided shallow trap. What we are about too see is that the same people in the world that hated President Bush will also be aligned against President Obama .. and it will be for the same reasons. Even if we give into the left wing and of pull out of Iraq , our enemies will simply find another grievence against us. PE Obama is going need our support in this effort and we should remain sided with him against Terror.

Quoting Mir (Reply 15):
Mucking around in Iraq while they should have been focused on Afghanistan. That's no fault of the troops, of course - their leaders set bad policy.

Ready ? AQ Hates democracy and freedome .... so we go into Iraq and and attempt to establish just that. Who do you think is going to show up ? Bingo !AQ ... we fight there Ideals right there on the streets of Baghdad. Forcing the Iraqis to choose between them and us . IF we win, we defeat there extemist ideas in full view of the vast majority of peace loving Muslims ... IF we loose then Muslims see that they are doomed to a furture of extremist power. It is a global war of ideals .. simple. And secretly I believe PE Obama is going to understand this statagy and in the end will hold fast. However , it is a very risky venture indeed and the left wing has aligned in oposition. PE Obama is going to be very aware of the threats that come from appearing week like his Left wing base expects him to be. This is where his true leadership and skill will be tested.

ConcordeBoy

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:34 pm

who offers racial slurs to you and doesn’t care about your oratory prowess.

...um, cher-- you just described everyday societal interaction for the educated Blk male.
Welcome to our world.

ME AVN FAN

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:18 pm

I thought President Bush was there dream come true. ? It has been said on here at least 10 thousand times that President Bush did more to help them recruit than anyone else. Are you saying that they feel like they have achieved some "victory" by us electing a left wing President ?

-
No, they suffered a heavy defeat. THEIR candidate was McCain, as that man would have given them the "service" they hoped for, just as GWB. They already HATE Obama, because his sensible positions are likely to unite more people behind the USA than happened in the past 8 years. But as rightwingers, they hate leftwingers anyway.
-

Quoting DXing (Reply 13):

Yes and I am richer than Bill Gates.

-
oh, well, in that case, where can I send my credit-application to ?
-
seriously, is there anyone who really knows ???

dxing

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 19):
oh, well, in that case, where can I send my credit-application to ?

Denied.  cheerful 

seriously, is there anyone who really knows ???

Virtually every analyst that reports in the press says that he is most likely located somewhere in NW Pakistan. I have yet to read a report that says anything different. Seems like every few weeks now a missle takes out another higher up in AQ and it invariably happens in that part of the world. It would seem rather incongrous for him to be located elsewhere.

NIKV69

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:27 pm

They kill people for FUN, folks. They ENJOY killing because they're a bunch of sociopaths. So stop listening to them and start trying to kill them

Not really but they want to get rid of Isreal and anyone (like us) that supports them.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 14):

I doubt he meant that but you to realize that Obama took a very soft approach on dealing with these people in his campaign. Now he is going to have to change that, besides Obama has a bigger problem brewing and it's called Iran.

Mir

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 17):
Ready ? AQ Hates democracy and freedome .... so we go into Iraq and and attempt to establish just that. Who do you think is going to show up ? Bingo !AQ ... we fight there Ideals right there on the streets of Baghdad.

Ready? We already were establishing democracy and freedom in Afghanistan. Al-qaeda was already in Afghanistan. We could have easily fought their ideals there. Going to Iraq was not necessary to attract the attention of al-qaeda.

Quoting TodaReisinger (Reply 16):
And Hamas, Islamic jihad or Fatah's Aksa brigades, sending human bombs with no other goal than to kill and maim as many civilians as possible, do not enter this category, of course.

They definitely do. If the human rights of Hamas, Islamic Jihad or Fatah get violated in the effort to get rid of them, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. The Palestinian citizens who aren't in those organizations, on the other hand, I do worry about.

-Mir

todaReisinger

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:54 pm

"They definitely do. If the human rights of Hamas, Islamic Jihad or Fatah get violated in the effort to get rid of them, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it."

So here we agree.

"The Palestinian citizens who aren't in those organizations, on the other hand, I do worry about."

And here we agree, too. But, the problem of the innocent civilians who get to suffer from the fight against the terror elements acting from the territories they are living in is the same...be it in the fight against AQ or against Hamas and Islamic jihad. There is no reason to make any difference then between those situations, as you made earlier:

"The Israel/Palestine conflict has nothing to do with hunting down al-Qaeda. In one, you have fighting going on between two groups with a whole lot of civilians on both sides caught in the middle who just want to live their lives in peace. That's a situation where you need to be careful about human rights. And in the other, you have a group of people who will stop at nothing to kill civilians out of hate. Those people I'm perfectly fine with just getting rid of."

Mir

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:08 pm

Quoting TodaReisinger (Reply 23):
But, the problem of the innocent civilians who get to suffer from the fight against the terror elements acting from the territories they are living in is the same...be it in the fight against AQ or against Hamas and Islamic jihad. There is no reason to make any difference then between those situations, as you made earlier:

I think you're misunderstanding my position. There is no difference when it comes down to hunting terrorist groups, be they al-Qaeda or Hamas or Islamic Jihad. But the Israeli/Palestinian conflict runs deeper than just getting rid of those groups, which is why I think comparing it to the hunt for al-qaeda is comparing apples to oranges - a more accurate comparison would be to the war on terror.

-Mir

AGM100

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:33 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 22):
Going to Iraq was not necessary to attract the attention of al-qaeda.

Necessary ? I can not argure with you on that since it is a zero sum . We are in there now and we need to fight them all the way out. If PE Obama pulls out ,AQ will dance in the streets and the Iraqi people will be blown to dust.

Would we be better of if we had not gone in ? Maybe , but again its hard for me too argue what might have been. What I do know is that AQ came there in force and our guys put the wood too them and the Iraqi governemnt is aligning against them as well. That is a known factor . Not to mention AQ's evil deeds have been highlited for the world to see , and the vast majority of the world rejects them.

because his sensible positions are likely to unite more people behind the USA than happened in the past 8 years. But as rightwingers, they hate leftwingers anyway.

And what positions would those be ? Surrender in Iraq ? .... Are you suggesting that AQ would prefer us to stay in Iraq ? IMO Nothing would make them happier than too see the helicopter leaving the greenzone emabssy roof. Not unlike most of the left in this country.

Dougloid

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:52 pm

Al Qaeda's second-in-command urged Muslims to continue attacks on "criminal" America and slammed U.S. president-elect Barack Obama for vowing to back Israel during his campaign.

Better to be a house negro than bin Laden's bitch, Zawahri.

grumpy 

PSA53

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Quoting Confuscius (Reply 4):
Quoting DocLightning (Reply 3):
although I didn't quite expect the racism.

That dude must have attended a few Sarah Palin rallies.

That statement is not totally out of line.When you want extend a more risky hard line,let your junior officer do it.If there is backlash,even within your ranks, you can clean it up.OBL let his henchman do it in case it backfired.

But in general,I wish Barack much success in cleaning up AQ sub-human scum

QANTAS077

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:15 pm

Ready ? AQ Hates democracy and freedome

bullshit, they hate hypocrisy and if you haven't learned that by now then you never will.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/12/60minutes/main655407.shtml

you need to familiarise yourself with this bloke so you can actually understand what it is that AQ is about.

NIKV69

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 28):
you need to familiarise yourself with this bloke so you can actually understand what it is that AQ is about.

Great source Monty a disgruntled guy who got fired from the CIA.

bullshit, they hate hypocrisy and if you haven't learned that by now then you never will.

No Monty actually AQ is a bunch of radical Islamists that believe that their way is the only way of governing in Islam and that the US and Isreal are out to destroy them in addition to prevent any western influence in Islamic countries. Will you stop the propaganda that we are to blame with this hypocracy argument? It's weak.

Mir

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 25):
Not to mention AQ's evil deeds have been highlited for the world to see , and the vast majority of the world rejects them.

That was the case before we ever went into Iraq.

-Mir

QANTAS077

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 29):
Will you stop the propaganda that we are to blame with this hypocracy argument? It's weak.

lol...no Nick, your argument is weak, you have ZERO understanding of AQ, you still think they operate from a board-room in some grand bunker deep within Afghanistan.

he was never fired from the CIA. he resigned, get your facts straight.

DocLightning

Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:20 am

Ready ? AQ Hates democracy and freedome .... so we go into Iraq and and attempt to establish just that.

And why Iraq? Why not Iran? North Korea? Somalia? Saudi Arabia? They're all dictatorships (except Somalia, which isn't much of anything).

dxing

Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:47 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 32):
Saudi Arabia? They're all dictatorships

And here I was operating under the impression it was a monarchy.

NIKV69

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:20 am

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 31):
you have ZERO understanding of AQ

Unfortunately it is you that needs to do the reserach on them.

you still think they operate from a board-room in some grand bunker deep within Afghanistan.

What are you talking about? Doesn''t matter how they operate their beliefs and reason they attack us are 180 degrees from your hogwash "hypocracy" theory.

he was never fired from the CIA. he resigned, get your facts straight.

No but he was relieved of his position and sounds like he was demoted so he has an axe to grind. Especially if he is divulging secrets to CBS. Like I said great source you got there.

Dougloid

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:36 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 29):

Great source Monty a disgruntled guy who got fired from the CIA.

That sounds like a spanking to me.

HowSwedeitis

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:40 am

Hey Obama- this is a problem for your pay grade now, amigo.

Uh, January 20th, 2009 it will be his pay grade. For now, it is still George W. Bush's pay grade.

IF we win,

That's funny... I thought we DID win...
http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/files/bush-mission.jpg

If PE Obama pulls out ,AQ will dance in the streets and the Iraqi people will be blown to dust.

Oh, well, of course the Iraqi people haven't been blown to dust... no, they are and have been doin' A-OK.  sarcastic 

-HSII

Aaron747

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:08 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 34):
Unfortunately it is you that needs to do the reserach on them.

Um Nick, on past occasion I've quoted entire passages from the US Navy online library as well as Congressional Research Service enumerating their explanations of what AQ is and isn't, and they completely disagreed with the simplistic offering you continue to bloviate on about.

You didn't respond to those posts, so we can only assume that you somehow know something the US Congress and military information services don't.  Yeah sure

UAXDXer

Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:09 am

I personaly dont care about putting medals on the chest of PE Obama , but I sure am rooting for him too fight the terror gangs that threaten all of us. I realize you expect me to be hoping for PE Obama to fail , but that is not even close to true. I have said before , he is my President and leads our military in battle againsts our sworn enemies. It trancends politics and the glory of the President , it is about our kids future and the future of the world.

I am not like many on here , I will not snipe at my President every chance I get. He deserves our support and pride as he deals with many many things we never even know about. I beleive PE Obama is getting a rude awakening too the dangerous world outside his campaign office. I believe that it is a sobering view , and I also beleive that he will make sound decisions when the light is shown on the issues.

I now have a oppourtunity to practice what I have preached on here for years . I may not agree with everything my President does . But I also know that railing against him and making fun of him all the time gives aid and comfort to our enemies. For years most everyone one on here has bashed and trashed our President , I will not fall into that short sided shallow trap. What we are about too see is that the same people in the world that hated President Bush will also be aligned against President Obama .. and it will be for the same reasons. Even if we give into the left wing and of pull out of Iraq , our enemies will simply find another grievence against us. PE Obama is going need our support in this effort and we should remain sided with him against Terror.

Most rational post I have read on a.net non-av in eight years!

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 20):
Virtually every analyst that reports in the press says that he is most likely located somewhere in NW Pakistan.

-
most of these "analysts" copy from each other. That NW Pakistan story most likely is rubbish. Not least as the man, IF still alive, needs regular dialysis in hospital and other healthcare matters. Some "analysts" repeatedly talked about him having died of this or of that then or then here or there.

because his sensible positions are likely to unite more people behind the USA than happened in the past 8 years. But as rightwingers, they hate leftwingers anyway.

And what positions would those be ? Surrender in Iraq ? .... Are you suggesting that AQ would prefer us to stay in Iraq ? IMO Nothing would make them happier than too see the helicopter leaving the greenzone emabssy roof. Not unlike most of the left in this country.

positions ? different positions :
-
A) President Barrack Hussein Obama :
> gradual withdrawal from Iraq with a handover of premises and hardware to the Iraqi government and its forces
> support to the democratic Iraqi government
> independence of Palestine (WestBank, EastJerusalem, GazaTerritory) under a democratically elected government (new elections for both president+parliament)
-
B) Osama Bin Laden + Dr Ayman el-Zawahiri :
> immediate + unconditional surrender + withdrawal
> phasing out of the Iraqi government + having it replaced by a fundamentalist regime
> independence of Palestine under a fundamentalist Hamas government WITHOUT alternative parties and without elections
-
Heavy differences, BUT Mr Obama is to place himself and his government into agreement with consulted allies in Western Europe, Australia and the Far East, without handing out "commands" and without telling allies to be "either with us or against us", and so will get all the partially lost allies back, strenthening the West and weakening folks like elQaeda.
-
Gone are the hopes for a conflict-prone admiral-son in the White House who would have alienated allies around the globe. And this is why Dr Zawahiri is fuming.

dxing

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:05 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 39):
That NW Pakistan story most likely is rubbish

Source. If you have none then that is your opinion and nothing more. Given the regularity lately of top leaders in AQ being hit by missle attacks in guess where, it would be unlikely that he would be anywhere else.

Not least as the man, IF still alive, needs regular dialysis in hospital and other healthcare matters.

That rumor has existed since 2002 but has not been confirmed even once.

Some "analysts" repeatedly talked about him having died of this or of that then or then here or there.

And then of course an auido tape with mentions of current events that could not have been taped earlier surfaces and quashes those rumors as well.

NIKV69

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 37):
Um Nick, on past occasion I've quoted entire passages from the US Navy online library as well as Congressional Research Service enumerating their explanations of what SA)">AQ is and isn't, and they completely disagreed with the simplistic offering you continue to bloviate on about.

You didn't respond to those posts, so we can only assume that you somehow know something the US Congress and military information services don't

Goodness you love propaganda don't you? Do you really need someone like the navy to tell you that SA)">AQ was born to help Afghans defeat the Russians and then grew. Mostly against Isreal. Have you ever looked at a map? Iraq, Iran, Syria, Jordan and in the middle of it all Isreal. How many wars were waged against Isreal over the years? It's simple pal, SA)">AQ doesn't want Isreal on what they view as Islamic holy land. They don't want western values in their part of the world, they believe that this is a holy war in which the US and Isreal want to destroy Islam and they want their brand of Islam to be the end all. These radicals want to spread their own political radicalism throughout the world and expel anything else. Unless of your course you want to tell us why SA)">AQ hates us so much? Minus the propaganda?

Quoting UAXDXer (Reply 38):
Most rational post I have read on a.net non-av in eight years!

Very nice post, very true that Obama make a huge mistake by stating he would talk to these countries as a way to resolve the conficts that exist. I think he is beginning to realize that Iran is going to push him and see if he pushes back. Which the way things are progessing and Iran's defiance of the order to stop enriching Uranium he will have to make a decision soon and "talking" is not the answer. That has been tried many times and Iran is not into diplomacy. They are into force. See you have to remember that in the US we try to resolve things first by talking in a rational manner first and then go to force, radical Islam goes right to force to get what they want. I am bit concerned for us in the next 2 years because I feel radical Islam views our past election as weakness and Obama as another Jimmy Carter. They are going to ratchet up the stakes and test us. I hope Obama is up the test or more people will die.

Heavy differences, BUT Mr Obama is to place himself and his government into agreement with consulted allies in Western Europe, Australia and the Far East, without handing out "commands" and without telling allies to be "either with us or against us", and so will get all the partially lost allies back, strenthening the West and weakening folks like elQaeda.

What are these allies going to do if and when we have to go to war again? What happens if Iran has to be attacked? You seem to think that by being nice and greasing palms is going to make the world like us? Al Qaeda wants the entire western world out, they want Isreal out. The only way Al Qaeda will be weakened is to let them know that any aggression against Isreal or any western belief will not be tolerated and that any person that is a non sunni or does not believe in their caliphate can live and walk down the street safe in their part of the world.

Gone are the hopes for a conflict-prone admiral-son in the White House who would have alienated allies around the globe. And this is why Dr Zawahiri is fuming.

What happens if Iran pushes Obama too far? This is nonsense. Dr Zawahiri is fuming because he thought Obama would let him do whatever he wanted. By Obama's statements during the campaign. Now that he is elected he has gone on record as putting Iran on notice and that a nuclear Iran will not be tolerated which is EXACTLY THE SAME as Bush has said. So as much as you want to believe Obama and Bush are different the facts say otherwise in reference to policy in the mid east. Which is why this video surfaced in which Dr Zawahiri insults Obama as a Isreal sympathizer and called him out.

Strap yourselves in, this will be some ride.

AGM100

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:56 pm

Consulting ? Sounds like another word for nothing getting done .. like Resolution number 6,399.....6,400...6,401 And consulting our way to a Nuclear armed Iran ...

Oh well I am sure it will all work out now .

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:06 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 40):
Source. If you have none then that is your opinion and nothing more

-
And what else are your "analysts" doing then stating opinions and nothing more ?

Given the regularity lately of top leaders in AQ

-
Every local thug is elevated to a top leader by your government. Were all those "top leaders" really so top, then eQ would have had more directors then GM and Chrysler combined !

being hit by missle attacks in guess where, it would be unlikely that he would be anywhere else.

-
That the keymen never got located really hints to the possibility that the real top-brass indeed IS somewhere else

Some "analysts" repeatedly talked about him having died of this or of that then or then here or there.
--
And then of course an auido tape with mentions of current events that could not have been taped earlier surfaces and quashes those rumors as well.

-
Sure. And giving space for more rumours

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 41):
What happens if Iran has to be attacked?

-
our topic here is elQaeda, and not Iran. I do NOT quite see the connection

What are these allies going to do if and when we have to go to war again?

-
Last times, some of the allies were of the opinion that you did NOT HAVE TO go to war, and some agreed. Difficult to forecast situations to come. But being in constant consultations with the allies was something done by JFK, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Bush sr, and Bill Clinton.

What happens if Iran pushes Obama too far?

-
if Iran re-starts work on nuclear weapons, the situation will become very dangerous, true

Dr Zawahiri is fuming because he thought Obama would let him do whatever he wanted. By Obama's statements during the campaign. Now that he is elected he has gone on record as putting Iran on notice

-
Dr Zawahiri has nothing to do with Iran. If there however is a conflict brewing, he will use the opportunity for propaganda purposes. At the other hand, neither does Dr Zawahiri have influence onto Iran nor Iran onto elQaeda. Both in fact are more enemy of each other than of the USA

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 42):
Consulting ? Sounds like another word for nothing getting done .

-
No, it is a word for some real things getting done, and for efficient statesmenship. Again, constant consultations with the allies was something done by Harry Truman, Dwight D Eisenhower, John F Kennedy, Richard Milhous Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush sr, and Bill Clinton. By your words THESE presidents all were fools and only GWB was/is a genius, by neglecting the consultation way and by reverting to handing out commands to allies and alienating them by remarks like "either with us or against us".
-
in other words, your allies in the world are NOT the poodles of your president

SOBHI51

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 21):
Not really but they want to get rid of Isreal and anyone (like us) that supports them

Not really.What they want is rule over Islamic countrys with there kind of Extreme Islamic laws.Can you tell me of one action that AQ did in Israel?
Another thing that was not discussed is so called Dr. Zawahri statment about PE Obama skin color.One of the first actions in Islam was to liberate slaves and declared that humans are equal in God eyes whatever the color of the skin.Now he comes and denies that.That is not Islam.Do you hear idiot Zawahri.

AGM100

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:07 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 43):
By your words THESE presidents all were fools and only GWB was/is a genius, by neglecting the consultation way and by reverting to handing out commands to allies and alienating them by remarks like "either with us or against us".

So we just dismiss the attempts to get the UN on board too back up there own resolutions ? Violations were ongoing , but the UN did nothing. Over and over again they do this , from Darfur , Lebanon , Rwanada , Congo on and on ..there resolutions mean nothing.

Lets face it , our enemies do not give a crap about negotiations . Iran can not be negotiated with , they will simply do what they want anyway. Why is so hard to understand that these people hate us and Israel , and anyone else who does not bow before Allah. I understand there hatred and I am clear about how we should fight them. I dont beleive we should attack them , we should however continue progress towards strengthening a Ally against them.. Iraq.

Jimmy Carter

Ok you got me !
 Big grin

ME AVN FAN

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 45):
the attempts to get the UN on board

-
I quite on purpose did NOT refer to the UN, for the simple reason that also the adversaries of the West are members. I referred to the allies of the USA in NATO, I referred to allies of the USA in the rest of the world like Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, Australia and Japan. I furthermore do NOT say that your government had to wait to get an agreement from all of them. When the Cuba-missile-crisis erupted, JFK acted, but immediately informed Harold Macmillan, General Charles de Gaulle, Konrad Adenauer and Amintore Fanfani, and consulted them on the many side issues at hand.

Violations were ongoing , but the UN did nothing.

-
Because the U.N. in accordance to its charter is an organisation of all countries, and that unfortunately includes illdoers and THEIR allies.

from Darfur , Lebanon , Rwanada , Congo on and on ..there resolutions mean nothing.

-
in case of Darfur, some progress has been achieved by concerted actions of Arab League and E.U. -- beside the point that General Bashir in the longer term is a potential ally of the USA, and already in many ways ALREADY IS an ally of the West. Admittedly not a very charming one, but the one who ousted folks like the Mahdi and Osama BinLaden from his country and happens to be still alive and well. In other words, the steadfast type needed.
-
in case of Lebanon, it was NOT a UN-matter
-
in case of Rwanda, the "culprits" clearly had the support of France, a UN-veto-member, and their opponents quite obviously as well the support of the U.K., another UN-veto-member. That the war-crimes-tribunal of the UN in the meantime has taken care of the matter is in light of these things rather an achievement.
-
in case of Congo, it is a so-called "internal matter" . When did President Kabila ask the U.N. to intervene in his country ? When did his UN-ambassador request a meeting of the Security Council about the civil war in the east of Congo ?
-
yes yes yes --- and so on and on and on . It is easy to blame the U.N. and forget that the club cannot be better than its worthy members !
-

do not give a crap about negotiations

-
I primarily spoke about negotiations and consultations among ALLIES. On the basis of such things, you can start negotiations. "Let us never negotiate out of fear, but let us never fear to negotiate", to quote one of your greater statesmen !

Iran can not be negotiated with , they will simply do what they want anyway. Why is so hard to understand that these people hate us

-
Iran CAN be negotiated with, but Iran of course pursues the goal to have nuclear energy, so that a higher percentage of the oil can be exported. And therefore, Iran does NOT want to import nuclear energy or equipment, but wants to be self-sufficient. Iran and its people do NOT hate the West or the USA. I cannot tell you about Mr Ahmedinejad, true, but in general, the Iranians are heavily western-minded in reality. I cannot tell you how long that fundamentalist rule in Iran is to continue, but fall it will as fall it must.

hate us and Israel , and anyone else who does not bow before Allah.

-
"us and Israel" ? The main-allies of the USA are the members of NATO, and therefore should be mentioned before Israel. At least until Israel becomes the 51st state of the USA.
-
And the elQaeda men clearly hate those who "bow to God" but reject their fundamentalist notions far more than they hate outsiders. As it was remarked farther above, elQaeda never acted against Israel, but against Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco .....

AGM100

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Quoting ME AVN FAN (Reply 46):
but immediately informed Harold Macmillan, General Charles de Gaulle, Konrad Adenauer and Amintore Fanfani, and consulted them on the many side issues at hand

Good example , however we are speaking of being on the brink of a Nuclear exchange in this case. Seems to me a big diference than rolling into Iraq. To add , despite all the cowboy BS that goes around ... dont think for a minute that our allies did not know what was going on. You did not even have to be in itelligence to see the build up and all the cooperation that was going on in 2003. Every NATO nation was aware , and consulted with. Operations from Kadena, Aviono AFB , Deigo G , UAE , Yemen , Kuwait ,UK , Tbilisi were all at full steam. All of these governemnts knew what was going to happen .

yes yes yes --- and so on and on and on . It is easy to blame the U.N. and forget that the club cannot be better than its worthy members !

My fault , I should not have got off track with the UN arguement. They are truly irrelavent.

I cannot tell you how long that fundamentalist rule in Iran is to continue, but fall it will as fall it must.

I cant wait , I want to go visit in my life time . I hope some day to go there and walk in time though the great historical sights and beautiful architecture .

"us and Israel" ?

I was narrowing the discussion to Iran , my fault.

NIKV69

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:26 pm

our topic here is elQaeda, and not Iran. I do NOT quite see the connection

Oh yea I am sure there is no way AQ and the president of Iran have no association.  sarcastic 

if Iran re-starts work on nuclear weapons

You used the word "if". Have you not being paying attention? Iran is close to having a nuclear bomb buddy.

Dr Zawahiri has nothing to do with Iran

Your being naive.

neither does Dr Zawahiri have influence onto Iran nor Iran onto elQaeda. Both in fact are more enemy of each other than of the USA

You kidding? Both parties want Isreal out of their part of the world and both hate us because we support Isreal being a nation in the middle of Islam's part of the world.

No, it is a word for some real things getting done, and for efficient statesmenship. Again, constant consultations with the allies was something done by Harry Truman, Dwight D Eisenhower, John F Kennedy, Richard Milhous Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush sr, and Bill Clinton. By your words THESE presidents all were fools and only GWB was/is a genius, by neglecting the consultation way and by reverting to handing out commands to allies and alienating them by remarks like "either with us or against us".

Again you are being very naive if you think radical Islam now is anything to compare to JFK or Nixons time. We have come a long way from the 72' Olympics at Munich. Keeping talks alive with these people are a waste. They won't disarm, they won't change their thinking. They have made that known and we are at the point that if we are going to stand with Isreal we have to get aggressive.

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 44):
What they want is rule over Islamic countrys with there kind of Extreme Islamic laws

They believe that Islam is the only religion that should be in existence. They also want Isreal off the land they are on.

Quoting SOBHI51 (Reply 44):
Can you tell me of one action that AQ did in Israel?

Oh come on many of the suicide attacks can be traced to AQ and what does it matter? AQ recruits radicals all over that part of the world.

SOBHI51

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 48):
They also want Isreal off the land they are on

They do not care whatsoever about Israel as long as they control a part of the ME

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 48):
Oh come on many of the suicide attacks can be traced to AQ and what does it matter? AQ recruits radicals all over that part of the world.

Unless i was in a coma for a while no attacks in Israel was traced back to AQ