Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dreadnought

RE: Sarah Palin Interviewed At Slaughterhouse

Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:16 am

Quoting N867DA (Reply 48):
Zogby had more to say (from the WSJ article): "Zogby said he wouldn’t have approved the poll without including McCain supporters. “A more honest poll would have been conducted had we also focused on McCain people,” he said.

John Ziegler (the guy who commissioned the poll) proposed a similar poll of McCain supporters and Zogby refused.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15829.html

John Zogby said in a statement defending the poll: “We reject the notion that this was a push poll because it very simply wasn't. … In this case, the respondents were given a full range of responses and were not pressured or influenced to respond in one way or another. This poll was not designed to hurt anyone, which is obvious as it was conducted after the election.”

Zogby told Politico in a telephone interview that the volume of reaction was in the top 10 percent he had received to his 24 years of polling.

This week, Ziegler proposed to pay for a similar poll of McCain voters. But Zogby told Politico he will not do the poll the same way.

“I am happy to do a poll of both Obama voters and McCain voters, with questions that I formulated and sponsored either by an objective third party or by someone on the left, in tandem with a John Ziegler on the right — but poll questions that have my signature,” Zogby said.

“I believe there was value in the poll we did,” Zogby added. “I also believe it was not our finest hour. This slipped through the cracks. It came out critical only of Obama voters.”

Ziegler responded: "I am shocked by John's statement that he would do another poll but not an exact duplication. What is the point of that? Not their finest hour? This a was great poll. This didn't fall through any 'cracks,' they just got scared. ... The point of the poll was for my documentary on the media's impact on voter knowledge."

Ziegler had e-mailed Karen Scott, managing editor of Zogby International: “I am writing because there is great interest in commissioning the same poll of McCain voters, and I have obtained the money to do so. If done right I think this can be a win/win for everyone. Please advise me as to the company's thinking on this.”

Scott e-mailed Ziegler in response: “Thank you for being in touch with us; I am sorry no one got back to you yesterday. Your request has been reviewed here at all levels, and we are not interested in this project at this time.”

Falcon84

Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:49 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 49):
Say all you want ... Sen Obama is in so far over his head he is hiring his opponent so that he can blame her when things go wrong.

You know nothing about history, do you, AGM?

Abraham Lincoln did the same thing in 1860 when he was elected, picking his rivals like Salmon P. Chase, Edwin M. Stanton, Edwin Bates and William H. Seward for his cabinet. All had been rivals for the presidency in 1860, but he also knew they were smart, patriotic men as well, and they served him well in difficult times. I'm currently reading Doris Kearns Goodwin's book "Team of Rivals". It's a great read. Maybe you should read it, and learn something?

Obama isn't Bush-he won't simply hire people who think exactly like him and who will just not their heads at what he wants. Obama is picking smart, opinionated people. They will tell him when they think he's wrong, and he will listen to their advice.

Refreshing, actually.

NIKV69

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:09 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 51):
Obama isn't Bush-he won't simply hire people who think exactly like him

Well your right with Hillary. Some Change  sarcastic 

It isn't actually not a surprise. Obama is beginning to realize he is in way over his head with the middle east. I kind of think Hillary will be tough with Iran and hell gets her out my state!  biggrin 

BN747

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:10 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 43):

Apparently you think our turkey and steaks grow on trees or something...

Yeah, the same place as Money Trees right?

Apparently you have an enormous lack of understanding of the concept 'improving one's image' (in this particular case) in order to demonstrate 'you're not as dumb as people think you are'.

Think stint doesn't fall into the 'smart move' category. Nor the mental task of choosing which settings to choose and which one's to avoid. Politicians and Celebrities MUST think in these terms 24 hours a day! The 1st question they must ask themselves everytime and before they open their mouths in public is 'Where is the camera..and how is this going to come across?'

It is also apparently clear given all the face time Palin has been granting/seeking lately..that again she overrides 'common sense' and choose not to say 'no..not here..let's move to the left a little'....and no one would have ever known.

Now if she deliberately choose that backdrop, as to say, "I'm a rugged, rough and tough, Frontier Woman..nothing bothers me, bring it on'..

Well now, that simply says two things to Non-Alaska world..

1) You need to stay up there on the Frontier.

2) You belong in the 19 Century and certainly not in modern day politics because your judgement is truly alarming.

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 45):
Actually, the real dipwads are the ones on here griping that Palin held an interview someplace where Americans can actually see how we get our food.

Oh please, a lot of Americans are 'slow and dense' up there (in the head)...but must who got past 3rd grade already know that answer. That video was nothing of the kind. It was a piss poor thought out gimmick that's back-firing like no tomorrow!

BN747

SkyyKat

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:23 am

She is the governor of Alaska

So?

I think people forget what an accomplished woman she is.

I know MUCH more accomplished women personally. Becoming a politician does not make you accomplished unless you really accomplsh something.

I dont mean for this to be a partisan issue, but in my line of work I am around some very accoplished people that you will never hear about. Most of us would have also never heard of SP if the repubs did not make the MAJOR mistake of choosing her as a running mate. McCain was a strong candidate, Sarah was not.

I am not saying one cant like her, I am saying one cannot deny that those gears in her head turn slower than they should for a VP position. Let her govern Alaska, she might even do a good job at it as it is not the most complicated job in US politics.

Falcon84

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:28 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 52):
Well your right with Hillary. Some Change

It isn't about change in whom you hire to help you-it's about finding people who can do the job, NIK, or, being a Bush supporter, is that too novel an idea for you?

Both Democrats and many Republicans think Hillary will make an excellent SecState. And, to keep Bill outta the way, put him at the UN as Ambassador.  Big grin

Seriously, read that book I mentioned. It may give you a better perspective.

luv2fly

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:41 am

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

dxing

Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:48 am

Abraham Lincoln did the same thing in 1860 when he was elected, picking his rivals like Salmon P. Chase, Edwin M. Stanton, Edwin Bates and William H. Seward for his cabinet. All had been rivals for the presidency in 1860, but he also knew they were smart, patriotic men as well, and they served him well in difficult times.

Please, they were picked for politcal convienence, cared little for each other, and in at least one case wanted to act as if he were actually the President.

http://www.mrlincolnswhitehouse.org/inside.asp?ID=9&subjectID=2

I'm currently reading Doris Kearns Goodwin's book "Team of Rivals".

Kearns is a good writer, she has a good habit of coming out with these kinds of book that pump the media line. It's a good way to make sure you have a paycheck.

Quoting BN747 (Reply 53):

It also reconfirms your conviction to style over substance.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 55):
It isn't about change in whom you hire to help you-it's about finding people who can do the job

Then read that link because that is not what Lincoln did. It's also not what was promised by the President-elect in his campaign either.

"When it comes to hiring people in my administration, the litmus test that will apply will not be based on party or ideology or who's traded the most favors, but on qualifications and experience. We're going to have experienced, competent people in the White House."—05/19/08 Billings, Mont.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/campaigns/2008/wh08/promises.htm

So you're telling us that the Junior Senator from New York, who has never held a foreign service post in her life, is the best person to do the job? Where is her experience? Or is feigning getting shot at experience? How has she demonstrated her competence at foriegn affairs? By entertaining Gorbies wife?

"When you walk into my administration, you will not be able to work on regulations or contracts directly related to your former employer for two years. And when you leave, you will not be able to lobby the administration throughout the remainder of my term in office."—6/22/07, Manchester, N.H.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/campaigns/2008/wh08/promises.htm

That is certainly going to put a crimp in the Clintons pocket book. And what of John Podesta who is simultaneously heading up the President-elects transition team, the one that recommends his cabinet picks, while also running the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank that gets it's funds from who knows who?

Both Democrats and many Republicans think Hillary will make an excellent SecState

Many? I've been able to find 4

And, to keep Bill outta the way, put him at the UN as Ambassador.

Why? In order to get the job she had to get him to agree to restrictions. Wonder how long that will last?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli..._bill_clintons_speeches_to_be.html

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 56):

I had missed the compelling posts of Luv2fly since the election.  sarcastic 

BN747

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:04 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 57):

Quoting BN747 (Reply 53):

It also reconfirms your conviction to style over substance.

Exactly, today's styles trumping 200 year old (mentality of) sunstance...

BN747

dxing

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:22 am

Quoting BN747 (Reply 58):
Exactly, today's styles trumping 200 year old (mentality of) sunstance...

Nice try, but style wears out after a year. Let's see how well the junior senator is doing then. I have a feeling he'll be worrying about a little more than getting a few gray hairs.

RSWA330

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:34 am

Quoting SkyyKat (Reply 54):
Most of us would have also never heard of SP if the repubs did not make the MAJOR mistake of choosing her as a running mate.

I knew about Palin for a quite a while before she was announced as John McCain's running mate. Also, the MAJOR mistake was choosing McCain to lead the ticket. I have no idea what Republicans were thinking. Sarah Palin probably won McCain more votes than she cost him. The only people I have ever met that didn't like her were liberals. I think it's safe to say that they weren't going to vote for McCain anyway.

Quoting SkyyKat (Reply 54):
So?

You said that she didn't know much about government. Last time I checked, a governor knows a little something about government.

flynavy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:00 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 49):
Neither is Palin , she needed 4 years of VP to get up too speed.

This is, by far, the most ridiculous suggestion of this entire political season. The fact that folks on the right (and, to be fair, her supporters on the left) found and continue to find it totally and completely fine to give on-the-job training to the second in command of the U.S. Armed Forces and second in line to the no. 1 job on the planet.

Folks who suggest this kind of crap really need to wake up.

DeltaRules

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:15 am

Man, just when I thought Caribou Barbie couldn't baffle me any more, this oddball interview. Wouldn't it be common sense...kinda...to get the guy offing the turkeys out of the frame...maybe...so as not to offend PETA, other animal rights groups & to not add fuel to the fire of her critics...?

[Edited 2008-11-21 20:29:13]

dxing

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:22 am

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 61):
The fact that folks on the right (and, to be fair, her supporters on the left) found and continue to find it totally and completely fine to give on-the-job training to the second in command of the U.S. Armed Forces and second in line to the no. 1 job on the planet.

As opposed to OJT for the Commander in Chief?

flynavy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:42 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 63):
As opposed to OJT for the Commander in Chief?

Circular argument.

Let's review...

1. AGM100 suggests and appears to be totally fine with Palin needing four years of OJT.
2. You then bash Obama for (apparently) needing the same type of OJT AGM100 advocates.

So, it would appear to me, that you, sir, were for it before you were against it.

You flip-flopper!  Big grin

PERHAPS you should ask AGM100 what he really meant, as he is the one suggesting that she needed four years of OJT. In case you missed it, I quoted him.

[Edited 2008-11-21 20:44:46]

SkyyKat

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:04 am

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 60):
The only people I have ever met that didn't like her were liberals

Really, do you live in a really isolated community? I am in the states A LOT and I have not met a republican that supported her. Well, that is a lie. I think maybe 5 or 6.

Quoting RSWA330 (Reply 60):
little something

That is all she knows!!!! Have you watched some of the interviews man? That woman is dense...dumb, slow. But is better looking than hillary, I will give you that.

dxing

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:12 am

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 64):
Let's review...

The fact that folks on the right (and, to be fair, her supporters on the left) found and continue to find it totally and completely fine to give on-the-job training to the second in command of the U.S. Armed Forces and second in line to the no. 1 job on the planet.

Is your statement. Evidently the folks on the left, and to fair his supporters on the right, what few there are, found and continue to find it totally and completely fine to give on-the-job training to the leader of free world and commander of the armed forces. The difference being that Gov. Palin has Chief Executive experience, the President-elect has none. So she already had a head start in that regard.

flynavy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:17 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 66):
So she already had a head start in that regard.

That's fine and dandy. So, she's a pinhead with executive experience. George Bush had plenty of executive experience as well.

Perhaps McCain-Palin should have did a little more COMMUNITY ORGANIZING? Maybe they would have been successful?

And yet, the McCain-Palin ticket was rejected by the American people and DEMOLISHED in the electoral college.

You live in a glass house. You just don't know that its been shattered yet.

jcs17

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 am

Alright, I admit it, I was wrong. I still like Mrs. Barracuda and find the video quite hilarious.

flynavy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 am

More on the Turkey interview:

Apparently, Sarah Palin doesn't know what was going on behind her. Yet, there she was, at a freakin' slaughterhouse, and had no idea Turkeys were being butchered five feet from where she was standing.

Quote:
"The [Alaska] governor did not know it was going on behind her," Palin's spokesperson tells ET of the reportedly grisly scene at Triple D Farm & Hatchery outside Wasilla. Cameras captured Palin extending the annual Thanksgiving pardon to one turkey while a farm hand slaughtered the bird's feathered friends in the background.

Palin's spokesperson tells ET the bird butchering wasn't going on when the shot was set up, and a cameraman "ignored" the governor's staff's request to remove the graphic sight once cameras were rolling.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2008/11/68078/index.html

You Sarah Palin supporters are a joke; a complete, inept, and utter embarrassment to this nation.

Gotcha!  

[Edited 2008-11-21 21:31:58]

NIKV69

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:31 pm

fine to give on-the-job training to the second in command of the U.S. Armed Forces and second in line to the no. 1 job on the planet

Why is this so far fetched, you guys did it with Obama and he is first in command!

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 69):
You Sarah Palin supporters are a joke; a complete, inept, and utter embarrassment to this nation.

Not nearly as inept as you Obama supporters who voted for him because he could give a good speech and the fact you would have voted for Mickey Mouse if he ran against the GOP. Only to see Obama moving so much toward the center now from what he blew up your ass in the campaign.

Cheers!

flynavy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:19 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 70):
Only to see Obama moving so much toward the center now from what he blew up your ass in the campaign.

redflag  Would you rather him govern from the far left? Make up your mind.

Do you want what is best for America, or what is best for the "real America," otherwise known as the Republican Party and its supporters?  Yeah sure

SkyyKat

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Why is this so far fetched, you guys did it with Obama and he is first in command!

And Bush had some military experience, would you count that as much? It matters who you appoint as SOD not what military experience you have. You need to have a working mind and be able to take the advise from EXPERTS on how to resolve the situation A President cannot be an expert in all fields, that is why he appoints people to positions and does not run a country on his own. Bush chose rumsfeld, BIG mistake. Let's see who Obama hires and than make your decision. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Obama supporters who voted for him because he could give a good speech and the fact you would have voted for Mickey Mouse if he ran against the GOP

There are alot of 'lefties' here that would have voted GOP for Paul. When my friends found out I donated money to the republican candidate Ron Paul they could not believe what I did. Then after discussing his policies most of them donated. We are not that stubborn you know, we just want a competent leader for the USA. Which it has lacked for 8 years.

flynavy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Quoting SkyyKat (Reply 72):
There are alot of 'lefties' here that would have voted GOP for Paul.

I would have voted for Ron as well. The only REAL Republican left.

dxing

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:57 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 67):
and DEMOLISHED in the electoral college.

Compared to? Because by my count he didn't even come close to the record electoral votes in modern times. That record still belongs to Ronald Reagan with 525. President Reagan also carried 49 States to President-elect Obama's 28. Put in that perspective, although he didn't carry as many electoral votes, the current President still beat him out on states carried in 2000 and 2004. So perhaps you should be a little more cautious in throwing out the "demolished" type adjectives.

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 67):
You live in a glass house. You just don't know that its been shattered yet.

If you want to cliche then just remember that Pride goeth before the fall.

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 69):

So in other words you still believe it's the turkey fairy that delivers frozen turkeys to the grocery store? Or did you have no idea of how turkeys are processed? The background shots are no big deal unless you're a grade a wimp.

flynavy
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 74):
So in other words you still believe it's the turkey fairy that delivers frozen turkeys to the grocery store? Or did you have no idea of how turkeys are processed? The background shots are no big deal unless you're a grade a wimp.

Is this the best response you could come up with?

Compared to? Because by my count he didn't even come close to the record electoral votes in modern times. That record still belongs to Ronald Reagan with 525. President Reagan also carried 49 States to President-elect Obama's 28. Put in that perspective, although he didn't carry as many electoral votes, the current President still beat him out on states carried in 2000 and 2004.

Hear that sound? That's Ronnie rolling in his grave again.

You righties sure like to play the Ron card...

SkyyKat

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:41 pm

Compared to? Because by my count he didn't even come close to the record electoral votes in modern times. That record still belongs to Ronald Reagan with 525. President Reagan also carried 49 States to President-elect Obama's 28.

So just because sometime ago so guy became President with move electoral votes means that unless that is matched again no victory will ever be considered good?

Please eloborate on what you are trying to say here.

dxing

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:46 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 75):
Is this the best response you could come up with?

Is that the best reply you have? She gave a good interview, explained her positions well with no cue card, no teleprompter, no handler standing by. That a turkey was placed in a hopper in the background shouldn't bother anyone since there was no blood, no screaming, very little to be able to tell the uneducated what was going save the limp body being removed. Yet rather than focus on what she was saying, holding down spending because she knew $140 a barrel oil wasn't going to last you focus on the background. Again, style over substance, the liberal mantra. Well I guess we are all going to find out just how much style is going to cost us over the next four years.

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 75):
You righties sure like to play the Ron card...

And you just hate it when we do since even FDR did not do as well in his first election and went downhill after that.

dxing

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:51 pm

Quoting SkyyKat (Reply 76):
So just because sometime ago so guy became President with move electoral votes means that unless that is matched again no victory will ever be considered good?

It speaks for itself. More people, a lot more people, felt that a conservative President, Ronald Reagan, was better for the country during a tough economic time. There was no one with his view running on the GOP side this time unfortunately for us. So what we got instead was style and nothing holding it back as in a GOP led Congress. This will get long term expensive very quickly. Anyone can end a war, try killing a federal program. They are the epitome of the Hydra.

NIKV69

Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:32 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 73):
The only REAL Republican left.

Hey what about Huckabee!

flynavy
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:14 am

If you want to cliche then just remember that Pride goeth before the fall.

I totally agree.

1. "The Mac is back!"
2. "The fundamentals of the economy are strong!"
3. "My friends, we've got 'em just where we want 'em!"

Lame.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 79):
Hey what about Huckabee!

Too far right. But right up your alley.

Quoting DXing (Reply 78):
More people, a lot more people, felt that a conservative President, Ronald Reagan, was better for the country during a tough economic time.

There you go again! Clinging to Ronnie. Are you actually comparing the economy of the early 1980s to the global economy of today?

Yeah, I'd say you're just a wee bit out-of-touch with the rest of the human race.

Falcon84

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:19 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 79):
Quoting Flynavy (Reply 73):
The only REAL Republican left.

Hey what about Huckabee!

You a masochist or something? Getting clobbered in '08 wasn't enough for you? You want another beating in '12? Then pick Huck.

He'd be good to the GOP base, and not outside it. Look what happened to your base this time around-it shrunk. Down to some states in the South, and in the Great Plains. All (except Texas) with no population.

Go ahead and do it. I'd give money to his campaign.  Big grin

flynavy
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:35 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 81):
Then pick Huck.

Huckabee-Palin 2012! Now there's a winning ticket if I've ever heard one!   

Edited for spelling. How elitist of me!  fight 

[Edited 2008-11-22 20:37:57]

Falcon84

Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:36 am

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 82):
Huckabee-Palin 2012! No there's a winning ticket if I've ever heard one!

That'll net about 12 states in '12.  rotfl 

GuitrThree

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:00 am

As far as Peta saying something about this. Forget it. Obama will be pardoning a Turkey come next November, and they can't set an example now..

As far as Palin being a drag on the ticket and unelectable, will someone please tell me if she's so damn unimportant, why are we still hearing about every little thing she does? Everyday, there is a Palin article. How many Alaskan Governors have you seen in the past pardoning a turkey? Humm?? Seems to me, zero. Tell me, after Kerry/Edwards lost in '04, how many Edwards news stories did we have?? I'll tell you, right again, zero.

She will be around in '12 picking up the pieces of the Obama administration, AKA "the second Jimmy Carter term."

I just don't know if it's going to be Pres or VP slot, but she will be there.

dxing

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:17 am

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 80):
Are you actually comparing the economy of the early 1980s to the global economy of today?

Yes, because the our economy was in much worse shape in 1981. Perhaps you need to remember a well known fact, except to you evidently, the United States remains the worlds largest economy. In 1981 President Reagan inherited an economy that had an inflation rate of 11.83% which topped out at around 21% in 1982. An unemployment rate of 7.5% and that increased to a high of 10.8% in 1982. This coming after several years of stagflation. Now we have just under two months to go before President-elect Obama is sworn in and while the unemployment rate could be that bad on inauguration day, no way is the inflation rate going to be any where near that. So yes, President Reagan inherited an economy in much worse condition. Since our country is the largest economy in the world, if ours doesn't get better, the rest will be hurting too.

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 80):
Yeah, I'd say you're just a wee bit out-of-touch with the rest of the human race.

I'd say you need to do some research before you make those kind of statements.

flynavy
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:23 am

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 84):
As far as Peta saying something about this. Forget it. Obama will be pardoning a Turkey come next November, and they can't set an example now..

Can't take a joke, can we?

She will be around in '12 picking up the pieces of the Obama administration, AKA "the second Jimmy Carter term."

Interesting. Another right-wing neocon predicting the future before Obama even takes office. Not surprising.

Quoting DXing (Reply 85):

Sounds to me like Ronnie is your beloved GOP's Messiah.  Yeah sure

dxing

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:48 am

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 86):
Sounds to me like Ronnie is your beloved GOP's Messiah

Sounds even more like you can't dispute the facts so you'll just start with the smart remarks.

One other thing that President Reagan had going for him upon taking office. He'd been the Governor of a State and not just any State, but the State of California which at the time was one of the largest economic producers in the country. In short, he had some experience at running a government, something our President-elect is sorely lacking in.

SkyyKat

Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:12 am

The sad thing about all of this is that I see Americans fighting against each other over two dumb ass parties.

Instead of agreeing on issues or talking about it you just want to chop your heads off over party loyalty.

Get a third or forth party and make it a real democracy, not red vs blue.

Good luck USA. (and unfortunately the world because the USA effects the rest of the world)

Lucky that this does not exist in Canada, no religious right, no crazy left and we still can all be friends.... Even though our government always lacks any substance.

Message to the USA: You have divided yourselves in two without any compromise, it is sad to watch from up here.

mt99

Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:12 am

l someone please tell me if she's so damn unimportant, why are we still hearing about every little thing she does?

Two words: "Train Wreck" or "Comedy Relief"  Smile

flynavy
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:09 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 90):
Two words: "Train Wreck" or "Comedy Relief"

Exactly. The same reason why people stand in the streets when someone threatens to jump off a skyscraper. Everyone wants to see the outcome!  Smile

NIKV69

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:24 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 81):
You a masochist or something? Getting clobbered in '08 wasn't enough for you? You want another beating in '12? Then pick Huck.

I didn't mean Huck was going to run again. I like him but he is too far right.

Quoting SkyyKat (Reply 88):
Lucky that this does not exist in Canada, no religious right, no crazy left and we still can all be friends.... Even though our government always lacks any substance.

Not to mention you pay a hell of a lot more in taxes.

Quoting SkyyKat (Reply 88):
Message to the USA: You have divided yourselves in two without any compromise, it is sad to watch from up here.

Still we have the best system going, don't shed a tear for us we will be fine. Thanks for your concern though.

mt99

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:28 pm

Quoting Flynavy (Reply 90):

Exactly. The same reason why people stand in the streets when someone threatens to jump off a skyscraper. Everyone wants to see the outcome! Smile

Paris Hilton is on the news almost everyday... You consider her someone of importance? heheh

flynavy
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:44 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 92):
You consider her someone of importance?

Not important to me personally, no. But a train wreck? You bet. Just as Sarah Palin isn't important to me, but continues to provide Americans with so much entertainment.

luv2fly

Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:10 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 92):
Paris Hilton is on the news almost everyday... You consider her someone of importance? heheh

Never thought I would say this, I would rather watch the train wreck that is Paris over the one that is Palin. Niether one brings a whole lot to the table that is for sure, and Paris at least does not make my skin crawl with her voice like Palin does.

GuitrThree

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:17 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 89):
Two words: "Train Wreck" or "Comedy Relief"

Really. Huh. Let me think... oh yea, wasn't it just about a year and a half ago when ALL of the media simply ignored the John Edwards affair story until it was proven? Wasn't all of the media, and a lot, well, most of the left lovers here all denying the story until he came out and admitted it because, what was said? Oh, yea, "the National Enquirer can't be believed."

I'm sorry, but "Train Wreck" and "Comedy Relief" certainly applied to the John Edwards affair while his wife had cancer story. And it was never covered at all until the very very end when it had to be covered. Now, we get story after story about Palin, down to the turkey pardon.

Say what you want, but Palin continues to be in the news for one reason and one reason alone, which is simply the media did such a good job of duping the American Public into thinking she is some back woods redneck that they have to continue it to stop her from running again because they are afraid that her paired with the right candidate, and that certainly isn't John Lefty McCain, will trounce the Democrat in '12 after the dismal next 4 years.

HB-IWC

Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:25 am

This thread has steered away far from its original humorous purpose.

Thread archived.