sovietjet
Topic Author

Most Disgusting Thing I've Ever Seen...

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:20 am

For those that are not aware of this...there is a video floating around since yesterday and spreading fast across the net of some 3 Ukrainian teenagers brutally murdering a helpless homeless man. Apparently they did it for fun, and are seen laughing and smiling during the video.

The man gets knocked out and kidnapped. Then they beat his face in with a hammer, stab him in the stomach with a screwdriver. Then they repeatedly stab his face and eyes with the screwdriver while he whimpers and chokes on his own blood. They then continue beating his face with the hammer until he dies. He had no face by the end.

I only saw a part of it since I couldn't watch the whole thing. I haven't felt this sick after watching something since the Nick Berg beheading video 4-5 years ago. I can post a link if people wish to see it.

Humans can be scum, these guys deserve to burn in hell

That is all

[Edited 2008-12-04 23:21:34]

bravo45

RE: Most Disgusting Thing I've Ever Seen...

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:33 am

Now someone tell me the death penalty is brutal/wrong/immoral!!!!

There are people who don't deserve to live. Who-so-ever may be responsible for their upbringing, the scums who don't have humanity deserves none from others.

Where did this happen BTW? Its hard to imagine what it would look like, what kind of person would do it, what kind of person would film it and what kind of person would distribute it. My blood is boiling right now just reading your description. Kinda hoping it never happened.

aaflt1871

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:44 am

Nothing came up on any of the news sites about this. I also ran a check through Google and MSN search engines to no avail.
Where did everybody go?

sovietjet
Topic Author

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:55 am

Well I found about it from a car forum I go on. Curiosity got the best of me and I started watching but it was way too intense for me. I'm not squeamish, and I've seen a lot of gore in movies, but the inhumanity with which this act was committed was just completely atrocious. It might not make the news, since it is a local case in the town of Dnepopetrovsk and most media doesn't really care what happens there I suppose.

ogre727

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:23 am

Quoting Bravo45 (Reply 1):

I'll tell you it's brutal/wrong/inmoral.

By the way, I think efforts and energy are much more better spent trying to understand and correct what's causing cases such as this one. Don't you think?
I am between the devil and the deep blue sea

RussianJet

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:26 am

No problem. Killing people is wrong.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

ThePRGuy

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:30 am

It can't be as bad as Czechclear - surely?

vomit 
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

oly720man

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:47 am

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 2):
Nothing came up on any of the news sites about this. I also ran a check through Google and MSN search engines to no avail.

I found this.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=946463

It would appear that any news reports are most likely to be in Ukranian.

Quoting Ogre727 (Reply 4):
By the way, I think efforts and energy are much more better spent trying to understand and correct what's causing cases such as this one. Don't you think?

What's to understand. They're psychopaths who get their kicks torturing animals and people. Whether this is exacerbated by the way of life in Dnepropetrovsk does not mitigate the fact that they should pay a heavy price for their actions.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

RussianJet

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:54 am

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 7):
They're psychopaths who get their kicks torturing animals and people. Whether this is exacerbated by the way of life in Dnepropetrovsk does not mitigate the fact that they should pay a heavy price for their actions.

Sure, but the fact they should pay a heavy price for their despicable actions does not mean we shouldn't try to figure out what causes people to do things like this, and therefore, hopefully, help try and prevent such events in the future.

oly720man

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:57 am

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 8):
figure out what causes people to do things like this

And therein lies the legal/rights minefield.

You can probably do a battery of tests to find if one is inclined to be a murderer/psychopath/rapist/child abuser or whatever. You can look at behaviour patterns. Does that mean checking everyone? Who do you choose to be suspicious of? How many people are actually stopped/treated because they show signs of deviant behaviour, for want of a better expression? You never know because.... does having the diagnostic characteristics of a particular behaviour mean you're going to carry out a particular act? Otherwise do you wait for the first offence and hope to catch it before things get worse? And then it's already too late for someone. And before the act there's no crime.

My wife was a teacher in special needs and there are a number of kids she wouldn't be surprised to see in the news some years down the line having committed some grievous offence. This because of the way they behaved as 11 or 12 year olds. But, as they say for the stock market, past performance is no guarantee of future performance.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

RussianJet

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Quoting Oly720man (Reply 9):
And therein lies the legal/rights minefield.

You can probably do a battery of tests to find if one is inclined to be a murderer/psychopath/rapist/child abuser or whatever. You can look at behaviour patterns. Does that mean checking everyone? Who do you choose to be suspicious of? How many people are actually stopped/treated because they show signs of deviant behaviour, for want of a better expression? You never know because.... does having the diagnostic characteristics of a particular behaviour mean you're going to carry out a particular act? Otherwise do you wait for the first offence and hope to catch it before things get worse? And then it's already too late for someone. And before the act there's no crime.

No, you have the wrong end of the stick. I'm not suggesting for a second we start figuring out how to get people for crimes they've not yet committed. All I'm saying is that the social issues, poverty, alcohol, drugs, whatever it may be, that contribute towards the likelihood of things like this happening, should be tackled to help reduce such crimes occurring in the first place.

JakeOrion

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 10):
All I'm saying is that the social issues, poverty, alcohol, drugs, whatever it may be, that contribute towards the likelihood of things like this happening, should be tackled to help reduce such crimes occurring in the first place.

So, what happens when they do it for pleasure? Believe it or not, there are people who do get off on seeing other people tortured or murdered, and from the description of the thread starter, it sounds exactly that.
Every problem has a simple solution; finding the simple solution is the difficult problem.

babybus

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:35 pm

Ahh..we're supposed to show criminals and murderers how sacred a human life is. Hanging, electrocuting and injecting them with poisons isn't really showing them how we value human life. We would be just as bad as they are.

I'd also like to add animals' lives as also being sacred.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

ThePRGuy

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Quoting Babybus (Reply 12):
I'd also like to add animals' lives as also being sacred.

Disagree.

Part of the food chain - we are developed to process and digest meat - its built into our design.
Heathrow has been described as the only building site to have its own airport.

Fly2HMO

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:39 pm

This is just one tiny example of the disturbing things out on the internet. Though from the description it doesn't sound as bad as other things I've seen.

Sick things happen in this world.

RussianJet

Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 11):
So, what happens when they do it for pleasure? Believe it or not, there are people who do get off on seeing other people tortured or murdered, and from the description of the thread starter, it sounds exactly that.

Sure, there obviously are such people. But the things which make them so screwed up over time or the factors that contribute towards that still exist.

Clearly when people do such wicked things, they should be punished harshly. I have no argument with that whatsoever. However, there is always a motive of some kind for a crime, and just how such terrible events come to be committed by criminals is something that is certainly worthy of scrutiny and attention.

Wiping out crime entirely is impossible, but reducing it significantly is certainly acheivable. There is always something we can learn from a serious crime, and just dismissing people as twisted and killing them or locking them up forever without considering what really happened will get us nowhere.

There are no easy answers here, but we do need to consider the bigger picture.

sovietjet
Topic Author

Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:08 pm

It's one thing to go watch a movie like "Saw" or "Hostel". I have no problem watching those no matter how much gore and torture there is. Because it is a movie. Stuff like this video actually happened, and with this particular one the attitude they had while doing it made it exponentially sicker.

Quoting ThePRGuy (Reply 6):

I think it is worse than Czechclear