airportugal310
Topic Author

FedEx Question

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:05 am

Im wondering how two packages that leave the same place on the same day, take two different routings (according to tracking #'s) and of course...

One shows up when its supposed to and the other is 5 days delayed sitting in a warehouse. The second one, which I have yet to receive, is still casually sitting in that warehouse but Im being patient. Considering it had my mothers christmas present in it...grr

Any thoughts on the inner workings of FedEx and why this might happen?
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

sw733

RE: FedEx Question

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:16 am

You kind of answered your own question...they showed up at different times in part because they went through two different routings.

Depending on where you live, I am guessing they went through either Memphis, Indy or Fort Worth...take a look at weather, that could give some clues. FedEx is delayed by weather as much as any other form of transportation.

But the simple rule of thumb...call them! FedEx has screwed me over so many times that I now defy my companies FedEx rule and send with UPS or DHL...I have much better experiences with them. Call call call...get on their back...let them know you're not happy.

Cadet57

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:20 am

Thats ok. Fed Ex said a package arrived at my house xmas eve at 0830, which it diddnt as I was about to leave for work at 0830 and it still hasnt arrived and they have no idea where it is... Bravo.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

airportugal310
Topic Author

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:25 am

Quoting SW733 (Reply 1):
But the simple rule of thumb...call them! FedEx has screwed me over so many times that I now defy my companies FedEx rule and send with UPS or DHL...I have much better experiences with them. Call call call...get on their back...let them know you're not happy.

I could but theyll tell me what you told me....weather blah blah blah.

It will show up Monday they say...if not THEN I call and make a fuss. Until then, ill keep my blood pressure low. I guess Im just curious as to how the routing is determined and why one went to Massachusetts by way of Hawaii from Pennsylvania (j/k of course)
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

stasisLAX

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:30 am

Fedex left a package at my front door three weeks ago, and the shipper is STILL chasing them around to get an answer to their "investigation". The courier claims to have left it on my front doorstep - but how the courier would have gotten into my secure building through the front security gate is beyond me. No package was left to my knowledge. The merchant was good enough to immediately ship me a replacement order by USPS Express Mail, which I received with no problem whatsoever.

Oh, and the last package that Fedex actually did deliver to me was severely damaged - the monitor was shaken completely off its chassis. I called the shipper who issued a call-tag for Fedex to come inspect the package and then return it to the shipper. After waiting for a month, the shipper agreed to reimburse me from returning the monitor via DHL since Fedex never took action on the shipper's call-tag request.   

[Edited 2008-12-27 19:36:39]
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

aaflt1871

Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:18 am

Quoting StasisLAX (Reply 4):
Fedex left a package at my front door three weeks ago, and the shipper is STILL chasing them around to get an answer to their "investigation". The courier claims to have left it on my front doorstep - but how the courier would have gotten into my secure building through the front security gate is beyond me. No package was left to my knowledge. The merchant was good enough to immediately ship me a replacement order by USPS Express Mail, which I received with no problem whatsoever.

Just like the UPS guys gets past gates.

http://www.break.com/index/ups-man-throws-package.html
Where did everybody go?