Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Superfly

RE: Sheriff Deputy Assaults 15 Y/o Girl In Jail Cell

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 pm

This scumbag should rot in prison and have is arse beat every day for the rest of his pathetic life.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 12):
she seems to have committed assault on the officer first.

Oh please spare us that nonsense. A little 15 year old girl versus a grown male police officer?

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 17):
. It looked like he did over react by the way, but beat the living shit out of her, hardly.

Are you kidding?
She was face down and already handcuffed. This police officer is a coward and only a coward would defend his actions.
There are NO circumstances that could justify his cowardly actions.
Finally, just because she doesn't sale Girl Scout cookies doesn't mean she deserved to be treated the way she was.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 12):
You wonder why we are so screwed up?

Who's "we"?
Speak for yourself.

[Edited 2009-03-02 15:02:02]

ACDC8

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 49):
He should be punished severely by the courts,

Lets hope the courts have a bit of common sense in this matter and set an example that no one should be able to coward behind twisted words instead of dealing with the consequences of their actions.

swissy

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:12 am

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 30):
This is what really concerns me. It seems to some that simply not being cooperative is considered some sort of assault where the officer feels "threatened" and justifies that for using excessive force.

While I agree in general we still do not know what happen before that.....

Quoting Superfly (Reply 50):
Oh please spare us that nonsense. A little 15 year old girl versus a grown male police officer?

Why are some people here always referring to a little girl???? she is 15 years old..... do not want to know what else she has in her file........ Or do we have more info????

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 48):
in other words you approve of men beating up on women...nice one!

Why do females deserve less "consequences" then a male.... based on same offense????

People have to learn to accept the consequences of their actions....

So far all we have seen is a little video and very little info beside that nothing........

Cheerios,

WarRI1

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:07 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 37):
I'm sorry, but touching a woman's genitals against her will is rape. I find that disgusting.

I will tell you what is disgusting, dealing with drunken out of control people, they spit on you, they urinate in the cruiser, they upchuck,they assault you. Now that is disgusting, men or woman. It is not pretty. Control is the name of the game. You do want o go home in one piece at the end of the day.

WarRI1

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:25 am

This scumbag should rot in prison and have is arse beat every day for the rest of his pathetic life.

Oh! the humanity. Such indignation. I guess you guys do not have too much experiance in the real world.

Oh please spare us that nonsense. A little 15 year old girl versus a grown male police officer

She did the deed, she was big enough for that, she was in the cell, not that officer.

Are you kidding?

She was face down and already handcuffed. This police officer is a coward and only a coward would defend his actions.
There are NO circumstances that could justify his cowardly actions.
Finally, just because she doesn't sale Girl Scout cookies doesn't mean she deserved to be treated the way she was.

She started the action, she could not control herself, she was not about to go quietly obviously. As far as a coward defending his actions, get real, deal with life. Your opinion by the way, does not have the force of law. The police do.

Who's "we"?
Speak for yourself.

We as a society are not doing too well, and by reading most of the replies on here, I can certainly see why. Who was it that said we have become a nation of Whiners. Hmmmm.

WarRI1

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:27 am

Quoting Swissy (Reply 52):
Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 30):
This is what really concerns me. It seems to some that simply not being cooperative is considered some sort of assault where the officer feels "threatened" and justifies that for using excessive force.

Why are some people here always referring to a little girl???? she is 15 years old..... do not want to know what else she has in her file........ Or do we have more info????

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 48):
in other words you approve of men beating up on women...nice one!

Why do females deserve less "consequences" then a male.... based on same offense????

So far all we have seen is a little video and very little info beside that nothing........

Cheerios,

checkmark   checkmark   checkmark 

kmh1956

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:40 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 54):
Your opinion by the way, does not have the force of law. The police do.

So...in other words, subdue by any means...no matter what? The child kicked her shoes at the officer (perhaps she was asked for her shoes, and she just kicked them off?)...In your enlightened world, then, he was justified in slamming her head to the floor and yanking her by the hair?

WarRI1

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 56):
So...in other words, subdue by any means...no matter what? The child kicked her shoes at the officer (perhaps she was asked for her shoes, and she just kicked them off?)...In your enlightened world, then, he was justified in slamming her head to the floor and yanking her by the hair?

I guess you would have had to have been there. We were not. I am not in an enlightend world, far from it. I am obviously in a more realistic world than some. I was not taught to blame others for things that I am guilty of. In the old days, that was common, not so anymore.

greasespot

Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:59 am

Wow... In my professional opinion kicking a shoe at someone is not an assault....I know that our crowns would laugh me out of court if I tried to lay that charge...

This took place in a controlled environment and not on the street....That is what makes this different.

But then what would I know....

GS

WildcatYXU

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 am

The young man in the uniform has apparently zero ability of self control. It's disturbing that a person like this is allowed to carry a weapon.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 32):
When I went to police school, that was a legitimate control option, taught and used.

When and where did you go to cop school? 1920's Soviet Union? Or was it Germany in 1930's? Sorry, I'm going to  vomit 

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 53):
I will tell you what is disgusting, dealing with drunken out of control people, they spit on you, they urinate in the cruiser, they upchuck,they assault you. Now that is disgusting, men or woman.

Tell me please, who exactly forced you to do this job? If you don't like it, quit. It's so simple.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 42):
"causing injury and pain." and e said a "blood filled pocket" formed on his shin, requiring treatment at Auburn General Hospital.

He most likely injured himself while kicking her...

Quoting Swissy (Reply 24):
have wondered lately too that some of today's teenager have quite the mouth...these kids have to understand that on of these days they will mouth off to the wrong person.....

You see, here lies the problem. The kids are basically taught that they can do everything, they are encouraged to report any "violence" against them in school or just go ahead and call 911. Mind you, this "violence" in 99.99% of cases would be considered normal parenting 30 years ago and I can tell you, our parents didn't hesitate to use it in case we crossed the last line. But we can't do it anymore. Heck, we can't even really ground them, because it would be considered "intellectual torture" Are you really surprised that they do not hesitate to mouth off to anyone?

Superfly

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:15 am

Why are some people here always referring to a little girl???? she is 15 years old.....

Which is a minor.
No adult should cowardly punch a girl in the back of the head and drag her by her hair. Especially a police officer. I would expect a police officer to have some common sense in dealing with a minor.

I guess you guys do not have too much experiance in the real world.

I have plenty of real world experience and I know for damn sure their is no set of circumstances for a adult to assault a minor and drag them around by their hair.

She did the deed, she was big enough for that, she was in the cell, not that officer.

Give us a break, this officer should be man enough to understand that she was a kid that did something stupid and that's it. She was already arrested, in handcuffs and face down on the ground.

Quoting WildcatYXU (Reply 59):
When and where did you go to cop school? 1920's Soviet Union? Or was it Germany in 1930's?

Perhaps fantasizes about it at least.
Very sad.  Sad

Who was it that said we have become a nation of Whiners. Hmmmm.

The very anti-union labor busting Senator Phil Graham (R-TX).
Hmmmmm..........

WarRI1:
You are basically telling on yourself. You are telling us that if a little bratty teenage girl hit you (which probably wont even hurt), you would still slam her to the ground, punch her in the back of the head and drag her around by her hair.
Take a big man to do that.  Yeah sure
Most people would consider it criminal for an adult (police officer or not) to attack a minor in this manner.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 57):
I guess you would have had to have been there. We were not. I am not in an enlightend world, far from it. I am obviously in a more realistic world than some. I was not taught to blame others for things that I am guilty of. In the old days, that was common, not so anymore.

Be for real.
In the old days, it was still inappropriate for an adult to assault a minor, even when the minor did something stupid.
There are laws already on the books that punishes minor's bad behavior. The cop already had the girl in custody. She was already going to be punished legally.

Tell me please, who exactly forced you to do this job? If you don't like it, quit. It's so simple.

praise 
Amen!

ACDC8

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:44 am

No we don't. But honestly now, what would justify such a beating and abuse?

A 15 year old girl compared to two grown men is a little girl and as Superfly pointed out, a minor. Arguement enough for me to describe her as a little girl. What else she may have in her file I would think is irrelevant. Or do certain charges allow officers to beat up unarmed teenage girls?

I will tell you what is disgusting, dealing with drunken out of control people, they spit on you, they urinate in the cruiser, they upchuck,they assault you. Now that is disgusting, men or woman. It is not pretty. Control is the name of the game. You do want o go home in one piece at the end of the day.

This is the thing, they're the ones who are drunk and out of line. I'm 100% sure that dealing with people like this day in and day out is no fun and takes its toll. But as a trained officer who is sober, one would think you'd have your head on straight and know where to drawn the line.

I'll ask you as well. What kind of deed deserves such abuse and physical enforcement? She did the deed and she was in the cell, the way I see it thats as far as it should have gone regardless if a teenage girl gets lippy and tosses a shoe.

She started the action, she could not control herself, she was not about to go quietly obviously. As far as a coward defending his actions, get real, deal with life. Your opinion by the way, does not have the force of law. The police do.

Heres a thought, close the cell door and let her cool off.

We as a society are not doing too well, and by reading most of the replies on here, I can certainly see why.

I can certainly see why as well, but I'm also quite positive its a completely different view than yours.

I am obviously in a more realistic world than some.

I'm sorry, but please, do explain how you have come to this interesting conclusion?

I was not taught to blame others for things that I am guilty of.

I was taught that as well. But I was also taught if I screw up to deal with the cosequences of my actions and not coward behind a wall of twisted words and truths to try and justify my actions.

He most likely injured himself while kicking her...

Never thought about that, good observation!

Quoting Superfly (Reply 60):
No adult should cowardly punch a girl in the back of the head and drag her by her hair. Especially a police officer. I would expect a police officer to have some common sense in dealing with a minor.

checkmark 

Give us a break, this officer should be man enough to understand that she was a kid that did something stupid and that's it. She was already arrested, in handcuffs and face down on the ground.

checkmark 

OHLHD

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:21 am

It does not matter what she did, she does not deserve to be treated like that. Even if you condemn somebody to hell for the worst offenses, by acting like the cop you even deserve more punishment as you go on a even lower level then the suspect.

I do not know what size you are but go and stand next to a average 15 year old girl. Maybe you will feel strong but would you really attack her if she kicks a shoe at you?

Don´t be cop if you can´t take it. Simply as that. Funny that you write about control and in the same thread you justify the cops action.  Yeah sure

iairallie

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:40 am

Control is the name of the game.

And you can't do that without touching a woman's crotch? You failed to explain how this is practical. You have the proximity and time to reach down into their pants and grab them?

swissy

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:46 am

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 61):
A 15 year old girl compared to two grown men is a little girl and as Superfly pointed out, a minor. Arguement enough for me to describe her as a little girl. What else she may have in her file I would think is irrelevant. Or do certain charges allow officers to beat up unarmed teenage girls?

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 62):
I do not know what size you are but go and stand next to a average 15 year old girl. Maybe you will feel strong but would you really attack her if she kicks a shoe at you?

You see that is why I can not agree on it....
Just reading this mornings news paper.... 15 & 16 year old teenage girls beat the living crap out of an 39 female on a public bus at midnight..... so far they had no reason for it..... based on the info we have......

You see, here lies the problem. The kids are basically taught that they can do everything, they are encouraged to report any "violence" against them in school or just go ahead and call 911. Mind you, this "violence" in 99.99% of cases would be considered normal parenting 30 years ago and I can tell you, our parents didn't hesitate to use it in case we crossed the last line. But we can't do it anymore. Heck, we can't even really ground them, because it would be considered "intellectual torture" Are you really surprised that they do not hesitate to mouth off to anyone?

Agree that is a big part of the problem.... I guess to many people just do not want to understand what a 14,15,16... year old "kid" is capable of these days

Cheerios,

Superfly

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Quoting Swissy (Reply 64):
Just reading this mornings news paper.... 15 & 16 year old teenage girls beat the living crap out of an 39 female on a public bus at midnight..... so far they had no reason for it..... based on the info we have......

This 15 year old girl was already under arrest, in custody and handcuffed. She wasn't capable of doing any thing at that point. Care to explain to us any reason to justify this officer's actions at that point?

I guess to many people just do not want to understand what a 14,15,16... year old "kid" is capable of these days

When they've already been arrested, they aren't capable of anything.
So your point?

Would you beat up a little girl if she poked fun of you?

swissy

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 65):
This 15 year old girl was already under arrest, in custody and handcuffed. She wasn't capable of doing any thing at that point. Care to explain to us any reason to justify this officer's actions at that point?

Like I said above I do not support excessive force... we do not know what happen prior... we are just guessing about that "poor little girl".... have look at the video again the officers let her walk all by her self in to the cell.....

When they've already been arrested, they aren't capable of anything.

Based on the daily news ..... perhaps they can still do a lot...

Have another one for you guys: 15 year old has stolen over 90 cars in the last 8 month.... in my opinion old enough for the crime, old enough for the consequences.... yep these poor little boys & girls.......

Would you beat up a little girl if she poked fun of you?

Get my daily dose from my 6 & 8 year old..... so no.... have been raised with values & respect by my dad..... but then I am not in the Police force were I am exposed to worse stuff on a daily base..

Cheerios,

OHLHD

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:24 pm

You see that is why I can not agree on it....

I understand you, but we live in a world where self justice is not allowed, even if I want the bloodiest revenge for someone who beat up a friend etc. I cannot go and do it. I hope you see my point.

swissy

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 67):
I understand you, but we live in a world where self justice is not allowed, even if I want the bloodiest revenge for someone who beat up a friend etc. I cannot go and do it. I hope you see my point.

I absolutely see your point and I agree with you....their luck was they did not do any stupid things when they got arrested by the Police.... if they did it would not have surprised my if they got their fair share.....if you are involved with the Police just comply... why is that so hard to do??

Cheerios,

OHLHD

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Quoting Swissy (Reply 68):
if they did it would not have surprised my if they got their fair share.....if you are involved with the Police just comply... why is that so hard to do??

Agreed, but even if anyone attacks the police there is still no need for this excessive amount of brutality. Get her, bring her down handcuff her and that´s it.  Smile

ACDC8

Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:41 pm

In one of my earlier posts I said that teenage girls can be tough and mean, and that they're capabable of beating up a person is not a doubt at all, and I agree with that But, you can't compare a couple of girls beating up another female with a lone teenage girl up against two full grown men that backed her into the corner. Thats a very big difference.

Agree that is a big part of the problem.... I guess to many people just do not want to understand what a 14,15,16... year old "kid" is capable of these days

I agree with Wildcats post as well, kids have gotten out of control because parents are constantly being told how they need to raise their kid by some magazine columnist who thinks that they know better becaue they have a piece of paper on their wall telling them they do. But, just because one is capable of something doesn't give anyone else the right to use excessive force against them.

Quoting Swissy (Reply 66):
Like I said above I do not support excessive force... we do not know what happen prior... we are just guessing about that "poor little girl".... have look at the video again the officers let her walk all by her self in to the cell.....

It doesn't matter what happened prior, it doesn't matter why she's in the cell, it doesn't even matter if she's in there every second night. All that matters is that the officer lost his cool and started beating on a minor under his supervision.

Have another one for you guys: 15 year old has stolen over 90 cars in the last 8 month.... in my opinion old enough for the crime, old enough for the consequences.... yep these poor little boys & girls.......

Your missing the point completely. No one is arguing that teenagers are angels, most are demons as far as I'm concerned. But that doesn't give anyone the right to beat on them unless they are defending themselves, period. In this case, she did the crime (was found in a stolen car) and had to deal with the consequence (arrested).

but then I am not in the Police force were I am exposed to worse stuff on a daily base..

Which still doesn't give them the right to use excessive force. And the sad thing is that more and more people in authoritive positions are using excessive force and cowering behind this wall of excuses so they don't have to deal with any consequences.

swissy

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 69):
Agreed, but even if anyone attacks the police there is still no need for this excessive amount of brutality. Get her, bring her down handcuff her and that´s it.

In general I agree with you..... I wonder from where that excessive force is coming from, is it perhaps too many Police Officers lost their life in line of duty???and have forgotten that there is apparently a difference using firm force-excessive force???? I do not know....

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 70):
It doesn't matter what happened prior, it doesn't matter why she's in the cell, it doesn't even matter if she's in there every second night. All that matters is that the officer lost his cool and started beating on a minor under his supervision.

Why judging without having all the facts... lets be clear I do agree he for sure lost his cool....and I am sure 100% if she would have complied nothing would have happen....

So to recap my take:

Do not support excessive/un needed force regardless of age group....

No need not to obey a Police Officer

A teenager has to live with the consequences of his/her action

Did the Officer do the right thing? No he did not..... should he be resopnsible for his over reaction? yes

Did that poor girl ask for more than she could chew?? Yes she did...

Who was the bigger person in that case?? non of them.....

Cheerios,

QANTAS077

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:49 pm

opposed to a fully armed male policeman who towers over her in size and strength, good knowing that some men advocate this type of behaviour! I pity the women that end up with people like that...actually, I wonder what Constable Child beater is like at home.

Superfly

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:39 pm

Quoting Swissy (Reply 71):

Yes you do.

By saying;

we do not know what happen prior.

..means that you feel that you DO support excessive/un needed force.

Yes we all know that there are bad kids out there and there are laws already on the books to deal with those bad kids. None of those laws entails excessive force by a police officer.

A teenager has to live with the consequences of his/her action

Once again, there are laws already on the books to deal with those bad kids. None of those laws entails excessive force by a police officer.

...and I'll repeat, there are laws already on the books to deal with those bad kids. None of those laws entails excessive force by a police officer.
Send those brats to Juvenile Hall.

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 70):

checkmark 

keesje

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:09 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 34):
I understand your point, there are degrees of assualt, when the shoe hit the officer, there it is, assualt. She kicked the shoe intentionally.

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 56):
The child kicked her shoes at the officer (perhaps she was asked for her shoes, and she just kicked them off?)...

Did that poor girl ask for more than she could chew?? Yes she did...

Some details from th Seattlepi:

The deputies apparently didn't know until later that the girl, who was in the passenger seat, was related to the car's owner.

The video shows Schene and Brunner as they escorted the girl into the holding cell. Schene had asked her to remove her basketball shoes, and, as she slipped out of her left shoe, she appeared to kick it at Schene.

In his own report from the incident, Schene wrote that the shoe hit him in the right shin, "causing injury and pain." He wrote that he "placed" her into handcuffs and that she needed medical attention for a "panic attack."

He said a "blood filled pocket" formed on his shin, requiring treatment at Auburn General Hospital, according to his report. The video, however, appears to show his shin strike a metal toilet as he pushes the girl against the wall.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/401779_schene28.html?source=mypi

It seems he smashes her head against the wall real hard. IMO folks suggesting this is some kind of self defense should talk to a doctor.

swissy

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:29 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 73):

Yes you do.

By saying;

we do not know what happen prior.

..means that you feel that you DO support excessive/un needed force.

Not at all.... I like to judge based on facts and not emotions....

Quoting Superfly (Reply 73):
Once again, there are laws already on the books to deal with those bad kids. None of those laws entails excessive force by a police officer.

...and I'll repeat, there are laws already on the books to deal with those bad kids. None of those laws entails excessive force by a police officer.
Send those brats to Juvenile Hall.

Never said they did.... these are your assumptions....

Quoting Swissy (Reply 24):
It is shocking that is for sure...... but I would like to have more info..... there is always 3 sides a story....

My first reply to the topic.........

Thanks Keesje for the link finally we have more info......

Cheerios,

Superfly

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:58 am

Quoting Swissy (Reply 75):
I like to judge based on facts and not emotions....

Apparently not.  Yeah sure
We all have the facts. I've read more on this story besides the link that Mortyman gave.
Even Keesje's link don't give reason's to justify this officers actions.
No one in this thread is going by "emotions", we are all going by the facts. You on the other hand....
Can you please give us any reason for this cops actions?
So far, you have failed to do so.

Never said they did.... these are your assumptions....

No offense but do you have a limited comprehension of the English language?
I am not attacking you but simply asking you a question.
I am still trying to figure out where you are coming from. You have repeatedly stated "we do not know what happen prior".
By saying that, you are implying that you think there are cases where excessive force and brutality is justified. Can you please give the rest of us a scenario when you think it's OK for a police officer to attack a minor in this manner.

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:09 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 32):
When I went to police school, that was a legitimate control option, taught and used.

When and where did you go to cop school? 1920's Soviet Union? Or was it Germany in 1930's? Sorry, I'm going to

In the smallest state in the union.

I did in 1962.

I agree with you completely, and there lies the problem and probably the cause of this young lady being forceably restrained. You see the end result of this policy in that video.

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:25 am

The very anti-union labor busting Senator Phil Graham (R-TX).
Hmmmmm..........

His politics mean nothing to me, it was his assessment of the whiney people, and he was correct on that, the buck stops nowhere anymore.

WarRI1:
You are basically telling on yourself. You are telling us that if a little bratty teenage girl hit you (which probably wont even hurt), you would still slam her to the ground, punch her in the back of the head and drag her around by her hair.
Take a big man to do that.
Most people would consider it criminal for an adult (police officer or not) to attack a minor in this manner.

Not worth commenting on, just slightly hysterical.

Be for real.
In the old days, it was still inappropriate for an adult to assault a minor, even when the minor did something stupid.
There are laws already on the books that punishes minor's bad behavior. The cop already had the girl in custody. She was already going to be punished legally.

I am so sorry, but at my age, I remember when a teacher would slap you around, never mind a policeman. I speak from experiance. You know what you have so much of.

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:38 am

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 61):
This is the thing, they're the ones who are drunk and out of line. I'm 100% sure that dealing with people like this day in and day out is no fun and takes its toll. But as a trained officer who is sober, one would think you'd have your head on straight and know where to drawn the line.

Yes they are and yes it is. You are supposed to know where to draw the line, sometimes after dealing with the scum, you lose sight of that fact. It seems the the young lady may have reached the officers saturatuion point.

Superfly

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:38 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 78):
I remember when a teacher would slap you around, never mind a policeman. I speak from experiance.

Perhaps smacked around a few times too many?
You can't hide behind age as a reason for your logic. I am sure there are plenty of elderly people that would find this officer's actions deplorable.

Not worth commenting on.

Exactly!
You can't justify that sort of reasoning.
Just because it was done 'back in your day' doesn't mean it's right either.

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:43 am

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 63):
Control is the name of the game.

And you can't do that without touching a woman's crotch? You failed to explain how this is practical. You have the proximity and time to reach down into their pants and grab them?

Never having used that type of restraint, choosy where I put my hands. I can tell you that skirts and dresses were alot more common in those days. Surely you get that.  Smile

Superfly

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:52 am

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 72):
opposed to a fully armed male policeman who towers over her in size and strength, good knowing that some men advocate this type of behaviour! I pity the women that end up with people like that...actually, I wonder what Constable Child beater is like at home.

checkmark 
Considering that officer and those that defend him seem to have a blurred understanding of the boundaries between an adult and minor could possibly be a pedophile too.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 81):
choosy where I put my hands. I can tell you that skirts and dresses were alot more common in those days. Surely you get that. Smile

You talk as if you enjoyed it.
This is just SICK!

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:52 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 80):
Perhaps smacked around a few times too many?
You can't hide behind age as a reason for your logic. I am sure there are plenty of elderly people that would find this officer's actions deplorable.

I do not hide anything, that maybe correct, I could care less. He did what he did, she did also, the world will not end, hysteria will not change anything either.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 80):
Exactly!

You can't justify that sort of reasoning.
Just because it was done 'back in your day' doesn't mean it's right either.

I did not answer because I did not consider it of any importance. She did what she thought was needed, she paid, he did what he thought was needed to restrain her, I have no problem with that. A price to be paid by both involved, which we were not.

Superfly

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:55 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 83):
he did what he thought was needed to restrain her,

He will pay a big price for it too.
It ain't over for him. He will get the punishment he deserves.

I have no problem with that.

With that attitude, it's a good thing you retired from law enforcement years ago.

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:01 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 84):
He will pay a big price for it too.
It ain't over for him. He will get the punishment he deserves.

Not being a clairvoient, I could not say, nor can you.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 84):
With that attitude, it's a good thing you retired from law enforcement years ago.

I left for a better paying job, I found drunken women chasing me got old, also too much politics for me, so I went on to a job in communications and unionism.

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:10 am

According to Projo.com In RI. according to the Pew Report on States, the prison population has grown by 274% in the last 25 years because of various reasons, such as tougher sentencing. Somehow, it was better in my day. ?????

Superfly

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:16 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 86):
the prison population has grown by 274% in the last 25 years because of various reasons

Plenty of necessary laws that have been passed in the last 25 years that will land you in prison a lot easier too.

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:28 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 82):
choosy where I put my hands. I can tell you that skirts and dresses were alot more common in those days. Surely you get that. Smile

You talk as if you enjoyed it.
This is just SICK!

Never having used that type of restraint, choosy where I put my hands. I can tell you that skirts and dresses were alot more common in those days. Surely you get that.

Now above, see what I really said, never mind the creative editing. I said plainly, that I never used the technique. Now what do you not understand about the word NEVER. I never said I thought it was a good way, I never said anything about agreeing it was correct, or incorrect, I said it was taught. It was taught to the Matrons who delt with women also. I never performed a study on the subject. By the way, I just asked my wife about how tough it would be to use said technique, even in this day of slacks and skintight cloths, she thought it would still work today. I did not touch on the rape aspect of it, too delicate a subject.  Smile

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:35 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 87):

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 86):
the prison population has grown by 274% in the last 25 years because of various reasons

Plenty of necessary laws that have been passed in the last 25 years that will land you in prison a lot easier too.

With the word "necessary" I can agree completely with that. Alot of people doing a lot of wrong. Not a good trend, nor a recommendation of how good things are going in society today. I think the statistics of incarcerated people prove that.

Superfly

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:39 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 89):

With the word "necessary"

YIKES!  Wow!
Big error on my part!
I meant to say plenty of unnecessary laws that have been passed in the last 25 years that will land you in prison a lot easier too.

The spell checker corrected it to necessary. Embarrassment

WarRI1

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:08 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 90):

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 89):

With the word "necessary"

YIKES!
Big error on my part!
I meant to say plenty of unnecessary laws that have been passed in the last 25 years that will land you in prison a lot easier too.

The spell checker corrected it to necessary.

No, no, that is not allowed, you made a mistake, you are doomed forever on this forum to live with it, no retractions, no blaming the spell checker. you are forever an outcast for seeming to agree with my side of the argument.  Smile  Smile

ACDC8

Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:31 am

I just bought me a new notebook tonight, so I'm setting it up at the same time as trying to get a couple of posts in here and there, so I'll just reply to a few posts that caught my eye Big grin

Thanks Keesje for the link finally we have more info......

You do realize I posted a link with pretty well the same info way back in relpy 25?  Wink

Quoting Superfly (Reply 76):
I am still trying to figure out where you are coming from. You have repeatedly stated "we do not know what happen prior".
By saying that, you are implying that you think there are cases where excessive force and brutality is justified. Can you please give the rest of us a scenario when you think it's OK for a police officer to attack a minor in this manner.

checkmark  I asked 3 times already what would justify such action and am still waiting for an answer on that.

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 79):
Yes they are and yes it is. You are supposed to know where to draw the line, sometimes after dealing with the scum, you lose sight of that fact. It seems the the young lady may have reached the officers saturatuion point.

Exactly, now, I'm sure we can agree that the most of us cleary see that this line has been crossed over. Losing sight of the situation or hitting your boiling point is no excuse for this kind of brutal behaviour [b[especially[/b] if you are in a position that is supposed to be protecting us. I'm quite sure that it isn't an easy job, and I sure wouldn't want it. But that doesn't change the fact that people in these positions are the ones we need to be trusting. I don't know how up to date you are on Canadian news, but the RCMP is losing their credibility week after week in cases where officers are crossing the line and then instead of standing up and admiting they made a mistake, they choose to hide behind twisted truths to make them look like they did nothing wrong.

DocLightning

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 am

She did what she thought was needed, she paid, he did what he thought was needed to restrain her, I have no problem with that.

He did NOT do what he thought was needed to restrain her. He lost his cool, he snapped, he acted like a thug, he beat up a girl half his size.

In Spain, to be a member of the Guardia Civil is like becoming a doctor or a pilot. It's an incredibly intense training and it's very competitive. Most applicants never make it. As a result, the Guardia Civil is comprised of very professional, competent, cool, calm, and effective men and women who have completely reversed the public's opinion of the force since the time of Franco.

In this country, I keep seeing police behavior belying the fact that a lot of thugs become cops because they had to come down on one side of the law or the other and they came down on the right side. Unfortunately, something happens and they lose their cool and this is the result.

I think that, as part of police training, they need to put officers into "surprise" situations like this one to see how they react.

swissy

Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:42 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 76):
No offense but do you have a limited comprehension of the English language?
I am not attacking you but simply asking you a question.

No offense taken SF.... nice to see that there are people asking for better clarification....

Sure English is after all my 3. language..... so perhaps opinions sometimes get lost or expressed the wrong way.... but let me be clear, just because I do not jump on the "poor little girl" wagon does not mean I support excessive force or anyone can be above the law..... I am also not surprised things like that happen.... I also do not call teenagers little anymore.... does that mean I support excessive or out of this world force.... no

What I tried to say is plain simple: people (including teenagers) have to understand for every action there is a reaction..... and sometimes as we can see in the video get more than they bargain for.....I am sure the Officer will get his fair share, which is fine by me.....

Cheerios,

swissy

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 93):
He did NOT do what he thought was needed to restrain her. He lost his cool, he snapped, he acted like a thug, he beat up a girl half his size.

Agree as he should have been the bigger person.... and he was not

In this country, I keep seeing police behavior belying the fact that a lot of thugs become cops because they had to come down on one side of the law or the other and they came down on the right side. Unfortunately, something happens and they lose their cool and this is the result.

I was born in Europe and was living in Switzerland until I was 28 years old... I was no angel by any means and I had my fair share of "stupid,lippy uncalled" run ins with the Police.... never encountered anything like that.... so perhaps

I think that, as part of police training, they need to put officers into "surprise" situations like this one to see how they react.

You are right with above

Cheerios,

swissy

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Quoting ACDC8 (Reply 92):
You do realize I posted a link with pretty well the same info way back in relpy 25?

Cool name, and no I totally missed it!!!! my bad

Cheerios,

don81603

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Quoting Mortyman (Reply 26):
Please watch the video again. She is GENTLY letting one of her shoes fly toward him.... and fly is a strong word... Can't possibly have hurt one bit.

From what I saw in the video, the shoe would have hit the second officer entering the room, not the first. That said, the trajectory looked like it might have hit the family jewels.

Mind you, this "violence" in 99.99% of cases would be considered normal parenting 30 years ago and I can tell you, our parents didn't hesitate to use it in case we crossed the last line.

Agree 100%. The allowed discipline today leaves much to be desired. A time-out? Oh puh-LEASE!! Kids these days know more about their rights that right and wrong. I remember once I yelled at my mother that I was going to report her for child abuse for smacking me for something. I can remember her words like it was 5 minutes ago. "You want child abuse? I'll give you ^%@$*%^ child abuse!" 10 minutes later I woke up in the back yard. I learned my lesson well that time. In a similar situation, one of my g/f's was living with me with her daughter, coincidentally, 15 years old at the time. After repeatedly asking her to to be quiet while I was on the phone (countless times over a period of 3 months), I finally told her to knock it off, or she'd get a smack. She didn't, so down she went. Twice more she dared me to do it again, and twice more, down she went. After some crying and blubbering, all was quiet. After that, no more discipline issues at all, and her grades improved. And before you all  flamed  me, they weren't hard hits, just enough to let her know. There is, however a fine line between a disciplinary smack and a full on beating. While the incident being discussed may seem violent and uncalled for, without audio, and knowing what happened before the video, we can't make a conclusion. Perhaps as she kicked the shoe, she said "Take that, pig", or some other comment. Perhaps when they first picked her up she tried to gouge out the officer's eyes, or kicked for the groin. Perhaps she said she was going to charge them with excessive force, and like my mother so many years ago, decided to show her what excessive force really was.

Like so many other such videos, trying to form a clear conclusion from a short video is worthless. Like looking at a accident scene and determining exactly what happened.

I am so sorry, but at my age, I remember when a teacher would slap you around, never mind a policeman. I speak from experience. You know what you have so much of.

Been there, learned that lesson. The oldest treatment for ADHD. Mind started to wander, and a yard stick across the knuckles brought me back to class right quick.

WellHung

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:56 pm

It is interesting that nearly all of the posters here express their phony outrage and want to respond to despicable violence with more despicable violence. It is the insatiable desire for revenge that overwhelms any semblance of reasonable behavior. I would imagine the officer is reacting in the same way as the posters here - and it's not defensible in his case, either.

There's a lot of crying about how the cop should show restraint and be the "bigger person", coming from people who want to see Andre the Giant's corpse bungee jump while tied to this man's genitalia. It is both sad and ironic. And the proponents of the revenge violence are even worse than the original offender. They have the ability to look at the scene from the outside, realize that such violence is unacceptable, yet they still call for torture and violence toward the criminal officer.

Cue the knee-jerk reaction from people (and I struggle to refer to these types as "people") who think that my refusal to condone revenge is an explicit acceptance and approval of the original violent acts... like unless you want to hurt someone who did a bad thing, you approve of whatever bad thing they did...  Sad

Superfly

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:19 am

Quoting Swissy (Reply 94):
people (including teenagers) have to understand for every action there is a reaction.....

That is a given and universally agreed in this thread. No one ever claimed the girl was an angel but that is totally besides the point.

Quoting Swissy (Reply 94):
Sure English is after all my 3. language..... so perhaps opinions sometimes get lost or expressed the wrong way....

No problem. I understand you Swiss have 4 major languages and English is not one of them, correct?

Quoting WellHung (Reply 98):
coming from people who want to see Andre the Giant's corpse bungee jump while tied to this man's genitalia.

Huh?  confused 
Who on earth wants to see that crap?

Quoting WellHung (Reply 98):
who think that my refusal to condone revenge

That is your prerogative and you are well within your rights to feel that way. No one here (at least I wont) is going to judge you for not wanting to take revenge.
If this was my relative brutality attacked by this coward, he better hope the law takes him in before I get my hands on him.
I am all for revenge.