Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Qantasistheway
Topic Author

Warm Destinations In April?

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Hi All,

We are looking for somewhere to go in early April for a little under a week. We live in London, and don't really mind how long the flight is, as long as we don't have to fly half way around the world. Do you have any suggestions of where to go that is very warm, and where swimming in the sea comfortably is an option. Also if you can recommend a good hotel then that would be great.

Thanks a lot.

BR076

RE: Warm Destinations In April?

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:10 pm

In Thailand is April the hottest month of the year
ú

PPVRA

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Try South America. The Brazilian northeast is very, very nice and it's not hard to find a place that's fairly unspoiled if you go just a little out of the main cities. Might be more affordable from the UK than many other more popular destinations.

Check out Fernando de Noronha island as well. Highly recommended.

[Edited 2009-03-03 12:33:36]
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

fatmirjusufi

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Maldives.  Smile

Weather charts for capital Male
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/world/c...y_guides/results.shtml?tt=TT004820

Fatmir

Qantasistheway
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks for the answered, but I think they are all a little too far away. They are bloody good suggestions though. We have just been to Thailand in December so that is blocked out.

Let's limit it to Southern Europe/Northern Africa and possibly the Caribbean but they may be a little too expensive because we haven't booked anything yet.

Any other suggestions?

UAL747

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 pm

What about Dubai? It's warm, actually quite pleasant this time of year. Tons of hotels to choose from....I believe it's only a 5 or 6 hour flight from LHR.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Qantasistheway
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 5):
What about Dubai? It's warm, actually quite pleasant this time of year. Tons of hotels to choose from....I believe it's only a 5 or 6 hour flight from LHR.

There may be A LOT of hotels but we have heard a lot of stories about them being over priced. Thanks for the suggestion though, we just aren't looking for that region.

It seems that I'm quite picky!

flymia

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 pm

Miami, Nassau any where in the Caribbean is nice, Central America. Its all warm at this time of the year. The Caribben Waters and the waters off Florida Atlantic Coast and Bahamas will be pretty warm that time of year and you should not have a problem swimming in them at all.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

UAL747

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Then maybe you can give us an idea of what you want to do other than "warm."

Culture:

Price Range:

Things you want to see:

What does your family like to eat:

Those things would be helpful if you are picky about where you want to go, otherwise, you'll just have people spouting off answers to you all day.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Qantasistheway
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Quoting UAL747 (Reply 8):

Fair enough  Smile

Alright, my family being, my parents (my dad has a VERY busy job so hes the one that needs the most R&R) myself (I'm 16) and my brother (18). We are looking for a warm (25 C and up) destination that is not difficult to get to from London, preferably with BA as we can use points. We don't have a particular culture that we prefer, but we want to avoid places like Sharm-el-Sheik, Dubai, Tunisia and most of Turkey because the first three don't appeal to us and we've been to Turkey. We were looking to rent a house for 6 to 7 days, and our price range for accomodation is around 800 to a maximum of 1500 pounds for a week if it is a rental, otherwise hotels may be a bit more expensive.

Basically, we want a restfull, simple, warm and comfortable (dare I say luxurious) holiday that doesn't take an age to get to. Our dates would be the 9th to the 16th of April if that helps.

Hopefully this clears it up.

UAL747

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 pm

For what you are looking for, I think the Caribbean is your best bet. I can't think of any place near you that's going to be that warm, or that luxurious at the same time. I'm not an expert on the Caribbean though....why not take a cruise from MIA? Cruises are going EXTREMELY cheap, plus, everything is included except the alcohol. You can do what you want and visit several islands within 4 days to a week.

UAL

imiakhtar

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Quoting Qantasistheway (Reply 4):
Let's limit it to Southern Europe/Northern Africa and possibly the Caribbean but they may be a little too expensive because we haven't booked anything yet.

Any other suggestions?

Egypt would fit the bill. It's a 4 hour flight and relatively cheap.

The Sinai Peninsula (Dahab and Sharm El Sheikh) offer good snorkelling, swimming and diving opportunities.

There's also the Red Sea Riviera with resorts in the Hurghada region.

Regards
Whatever happened to Leon Trotsky?

eric

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Quoting Qantasistheway (Reply 9):
We are looking for a warm (25 C and up) destination that is not difficult to get to from London, preferably with BA as we can use points.

If you are using points then maybe you should check availability if you are on a schedule. Seeing you are 16 thus most likely in school I would assume you are going away over Easter. If that is the case, you may not have too many choices travelling on miles. If going by miles is not a requirement, not that many places in Europe are warm that time. You may get 20C in Spain and perhaps a bit warmer in Turkey and Egypt but nothing to your temperature standard in April.

Also, what UAL747 I believe meant is that there are tons of hotels to choose from, and given the financial melt down in the region, they are not too horribly priced. Worth (if you have not done so yet) to check out.
n

kmh1956

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Ever thought about Bermuda? Not the Caribbean, but it can be really lovely in April....and LOTS warmer than London!! Flights from/to LGW are only about 7 hours....
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

flymia

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:01 am

Quoting Qantasistheway (Reply 9):
Hopefully this clears it up.

Well here are my two ideas.
Go on a cruise they leave from many Ports in Florida or San Juan. The biggest and nicest ships leave from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale so not to hard to get too and BA has its flights to MIA. If you have not been on a cruise it is a great experience and a lot of fun. You get to see many different places and you don't have to unpack.
Another idea is seeing my hometown Miami, but I don't know how easy it is to rent a house here for a week. But I think you should be able to find one in the Florida Keys. Its a great place, very relaxing area. Great Water and beaches. Fly into MIA spend the night in MIA and rent a car and take it down to the keys. It is a great drive down the Over seas highway. I recommend if you look into this look for a house in the Lower Keys closer to Key West, Key West is the main city in the Florida Keys and has a bit of a night scene and others things to do besides for the beaches. It is also a pretty historical place.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)