NIKV69
Topic Author

Just Say No To T.O.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:16 am

ESPN just broke that America's team just released Terrell Owens. Wow.

In retrospect he is pretty overrated. He can't make players around him better and can't win the big game. Now with Coles saying bye bye to the Jets look for NY to be the next stop on this sorry saga.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

AGM100

RE: Just Say No To T.O.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:26 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Thread starter):
Coles saying bye bye

Coles ended up where ? The Fish ?

T.O great physical skills and toughness ... bad head man. Your right , he is just not a teamer .
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

jm017

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:29 am

As an Eagles fan, I am disappointed there will be no TO-related Cowboys drama this year. My brother is a huge Cowboys fan. When the Cowboys signed him, I warned him that they would be sorry...happy to be proven right. Look for Dan Snyder to sign him as TO continues his tour through the NFC east:

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him..."

A bit dramatic? Ask the 49ers, Eagles and now Cowboys....
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:37 am

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 1):
Coles ended up where ? The Fish ?

Cincy I think.

Quoting JM017 (Reply 2):
A bit dramatic? Ask the 49ers, Eagles and now Cowboys....

Wait till he gets to NY.

AirframeAS

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:52 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 3):
Wait till he gets to NY.

That is IF NYJ signs him, which I personally don't think they can handle his excess baggage.

Personally, I think he is better off retiring. The NFL can do much, much better without him. I don't think anyone wants him now....
A Safe Flight Begins With Quality Maintenance On The Ground.

UAXDXer

Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:35 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 4):
That is IF NYJ signs him, which I personally don't think they can handle his excess baggage.

Not to take away too much from T.O. but if the Jets do sign him then I predict Favre to come out of retirement, thus creating the "NFL Media Whores" reality show on the Bravo network.
It takes a bug to hit a windsheild but it takes guts to stick

ltbewr

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:40 am

I suspect as much as any reason TO is being dropped to make some cap room so the Cowboys can get other players they need. They have that new stadium and need to win now to start to pay it off. I would rather he not come to the NY Jets for a variety of reasons. The last thing they need is another selfish, me over team player.

jm017

Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 6):
I suspect as much as any reason TO is being dropped to make some cap room so the Cowboys can get other players they need.

That's just it...he still counts against the cap this year.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:19 pm

The Jets are going to need something, with Farve and Coles leaving they are reeling and are staring another 4-12 season in the face. Indy won't touch Owens, Giants are going to bring back Plaxico and NE may want him but I say good chance he is going to the Jets.

Personally, I think he is better off retiring

He wants to play for at least 2 more years if not three.

Starbuk7

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Al Davis was always good at picking up other peoples baggage for the Raiders, maybe he will go there.

fxramper

Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:39 pm

Good riddance to the most over-rated WR in the league. Dan Snyder will prolly open his check book once again and give Campbell two targets with Moss and Owens.  twocents 

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Quoting UAXDXer (Reply 5):
but if the Jets do sign him then I predict Favre to come out of retirement

I doubt it, he singlehandly ruined their season last year. He can't take a sack and just throws the ball wildly when flushed from the pocket. You can't lead the league in interceptions and be a contender.

Quoting Starbuk7 (Reply 9):
Al Davis was always good at picking up other peoples baggage for the Raiders, maybe he will go there.

Being a Raider fan myself why not? It's not like Al likes winning anymore.

D L X

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Just when I thought we might agree on something, you had to screw it up by calling it:

America's team

Quoting Fxramper (Reply 10):
Dan Snyder will prolly open his check book once again and give Campbell two targets with Moss and Owens.

Don't hold your breath.

fraspotter

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Well it looks like the "halfway house" concept that Jerry Jones was trying to do with the Cowboys backfired... I can't stand T.O. His ego is unmatched by ANYONE (except maybe Chad "OchoCinco" Johnson") He is a selfish player who can't seem to work as part of a team. Everyone is better off by just letting him go...
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 12):
Just when I thought we might agree on something, you had to screw it up by calling it:

Oh we agree I was just using that term. I don't believe it personally, it's just another media talking point, kind of like how they gush every time they say "Obama"

The Cowboys are a far cry when that first got popular when they had Aikman and Ervin and were winning everything in sight. They played as a team, a unit. They were pretty American till their coach stomped on Flutie's cereal. That was hysterical.

Quoting D L X (Reply 12):
Don't hold your breath.

I would say the front runners are the Saints, Raiders and Jets.

GuitrThree

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45 pm

Personally, I think he is better off retiring. The NFL can do much, much better without him. I don't think anyone wants him now....

Well,
FOX/CBS/ESPN can always use another blow-hard to spice up their Sunday AM shows...
Maybe ESPN can bring back Limbaugh and pair him with T.O. What a ratings bonanza that would be!
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

stasisLAX

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:58 am

I think that the Eagles should re-sign Owens to a one year contract - but only after putting Donovan McNabb and T.O. in the same room together and tell them that they can't come out until they have settled their differences.

Then sign T.O. to a one year contract - and then win the Super Bowl for Philadelphia!

[Edited 2009-03-05 17:27:13]
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

Cadet57

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:00 am

America's team

God I hate that moniker.

Besides that, not much to add except. Meh, another player most teams could do without. Add him to the list of "Pro Athletes with more ego than skill"
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

dragon6172

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:41 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 17):
God I hate that moniker.

Amen to that.

I doubt he goes to the Pats, the drama between him and Moss on who wears 81 would be ridiculous. TO doing sit-ups on his front lawn eating popcorn shaking pom poms. TO could wear 18 that way when he looks in the mirror ( I imagine he does this a lot) he would actually see 81.
I could see Al Davis waisting money on him.... and maybe even the Chargers. I think ol' Phil Rivers would body slam him on the side lines if he got in his face though. But TO, Gates, Chambers with Rivers tossing the rock and either Sproles or LT running would be pretty formidable. No clue if they have the cap space though.
Phrogs Phorever

jm017

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Quoting StasisLAX (Reply 16):
I think that the Eagles should re-sign Owens to a one year contract - but only after putting Donovan McNabb and T.O. in the same room together and tell them that they can't come out until they have settled their differences.

rotfl 
As an Eagle fan I think I can speak for McNabb when I make the following plagiarized statement in response:

"WHEN AIRBORNE PIGS SOAR OVER THE FROZEN LANDSCAPE OF HELL"

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:31 am

Quoting StasisLAX (Reply 16):
Then sign T.O. to a one year contract - and then win the Super Bowl for Philadelphia!

Tell you what he could do just that. The Eagles are close to being able to close the deal.

Quoting Dragon6172 (Reply 18):
I doubt he goes to the Pats

Nahh, NE, Indy don't want hi,.

I'm guessing, Raiders, Jets or Saints.

steeler83

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:57 am

When I went to a Wawa this morning on my way to work, and I overheard someone saying that the Steelers were a possibility for this sap... The main argument was that T.O. might get along with Mike Tomlin

Ummm NOOOO!!!

1) The Steelers have too much going and hopefully are too smart to want this piece of garbage on the team.

2) Hines Ward (SB XL MVP), Santonio Holmes (SB XLIII MVP), are enough, plus Limas Sweed (even though he was kinda no that great, he was a rookie), Heath Miller, Matt Spaeth, and a few other folks who could catch balls. We do NOT NEED T.O...

I think the Steelers have a good chance of repeating next year. They sign on T.O., those chances are shot to hell.

With that, I guess a number of people will start to hope that the does go to Pittsburgh...

NOT ME!!

Sorry, but the Pittsburgh Steelers have a reputation for being team oriented; not for having a bunch of self-absorbed over-rated crybabies.
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

StarAC17

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:12 am

Quoting Starbuk7 (Reply 9):

Thats the only team that will take him most likely, maybe the Bengals. Miami as my team needs more receiving talent but with Sparano and the Tuna running the show down there that's not happening.

The team he needs to go to and forgive Pats fans when I say it. He needs to go to NE because the system there is around the team and not the player and if he starts raising hell to Belichick and Tom Brady about not getting passes especially when he is not the number one receiver on the team itself. He will either play ball or get suspended, fined and trashed to death by the Patriots that his NFL career will be over.

This would work for any team where he is not the number 1 receiver but NE is the team that no player is allowed to be a drama queen, arrogant or a crybaby and now I feel the need to post this again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

jm017

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:03 pm

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 22):

The team he needs to go to and forgive Pats fans when I say it. He needs to go to NE because the system there is around the team and not the player and if he starts raising hell to Belichick and Tom Brady about not getting passes especially when he is not the number one receiver on the team itself. He will either play ball or get suspended, fined and trashed to death by the Patriots that his NFL career will be over.

Umm, no. He'd be good for a little while. But the first bad game the team has and he starts making comments like "If Brady had given him the ball....." Frankly, whoever signs him (and we know someone will) should just play with two footballs. One all for TO and the other for the remaining players on the field...

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 22):
Thats the only team that will take him most likely, maybe the Bengals. Miami as my team needs more receiving talent but with Sparano and the Tuna running the show down there that's not happening.

I don't think T.O. and Chad would be a good mix. Chad has arm limitations. T.O. Needs someone with a quicker release and more range. He would have been a good fit with Farve.

aaflt1871

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:19 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 14):
Oh we agree I was just using that term. I don't believe it personally, it's just another media talking point, kind of like how they gush every time they say "Obama"

The Cowboys are a far cry when that first got popular when they had Aikman and Ervin and were winning everything in sight. They played as a team, a unit. They were pretty American till their coach stomped on Flutie's cereal. That was hysterical.

uhhh study your football history. The term Americas Team was coined for the Cowboys back in 1979, you cannot say it first got popular in the early 90's. It was popular long before Aikmen or Irvin, or Smith were ever on the team.

And as a Redskins fan, the term Americas Team makes me sick.
Where did everybody go?

StarAC17

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 24):
I don't think T.O. and Chad would be a good mix. Chad has arm limitations. T.O. Needs someone with a quicker release and more range. He would have been a good fit with Farve.

I agree and Parcells knows better than to sign him again.

Quoting JM017 (Reply 23):
Umm, no. He'd be good for a little while. But the first bad game the team has and he starts making comments like "If Brady had given him the ball....." Frankly, whoever signs him (and we know someone will) should just play with two footballs. One all for TO and the other for the remaining players on the field...

Exactly and when he does that the Patroits are going to fine him and cut him making him look far worse than any of the other teams have been able to and after that no NFL team will take him seriously and that is the only way he will learn.

However NE is way to smart to sign him.

Cadet57

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Quoting Dragon6172 (Reply 18):
I doubt he goes to the Pats, the drama between him and Moss on who wears 81 would be ridiculous.

As a pats fan. God I hope we dont pick him up.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

StarAC17

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 27):

He won't but as a Miami fan I hope he does Big grin

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:16 am

Quoting AAFLT1871 (Reply 25):
uhhh study your football history. The term Americas Team was coined for the Cowboys back in 1979, you cannot say it first got popular in the early 90's. It was popular long before Aikmen or Irvin, or Smith were ever on the team.

Yes I am well aware of the Cowboy's history. I used the example of Aikman's run because it is the most well known. Doubt many here would remember when Starbach was roaming the gridiron but thanks.

And as a Redskins fan, the term Americas Team makes me sick.

Nothing to do with the fact they get a ton more press than the skins?  biggrin 

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 27):

NE won't even go near him. Him and that coaching staff wouldn't last 30 seconds.

dragon6172

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:26 am

Sounds like the Bills got him!
Phrogs Phorever

steeler83

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:45 am

The term Americas Team was coined for the Cowboys back in 1979, you cannot say it first got popular in the early 90's.

Yeah, after Art Rooney told the NFL that the Steelers are Pittsburgh's team and not America's team, so I heard, anyway.

It is a stupid moniker, even if the rest of ESPN world is considering the Steelers to be America's team.

Whatever...

Anyway... that's off-topic...

Quoting Dragon6172 (Reply 30):

Where did you hear that from?

Nevermind... I went onto NFL.com, and there is was: a one year $6.5 million deal. I guess they're going to take it one season at a time? Good luck!!

I guess all I can say is that when he gets hot, perhaps a little snow, as in 9 FEET of lake-effect snow will cool him off... Er maybe even that won't.  Wink
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:32 am

Quoting Dragon6172 (Reply 30):

Wow that was quick. Well that division should be good all except the Jets of course.  biggrin