2707200X
Topic Author

Fads And Short Term Trends Of This Decade

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:28 am

Some of the fads that I have in mind are...

1) 50 seat regional jets (the end of).

2) Obama coins.

3) Napoleon Dynamite... Vote for Pedro.

4) Flair pants.

5) Political pumper stickers, a lot less in 2008 than in 2004.

6) New Mini and Smart Car.

7) Ford Explorer and other large SUV's and large pick up trucks.

8) The O.C. television series, started big fell fast, unrealistic plots.

9) First class airlines like Eos, Silver Jet, and Max Air.

Ad your own or expand on the subject.
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

YWG

RE: Fads And Short Term Trends Of This Decade

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:15 am

Oh I've been waiting for this one....
Contact Winnipeg center now on 134.4, good day.

allstarflyer

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:20 am

Living the American Dream

Jpax

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:57 am

Crocs.

Alias1024

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:12 am

Those yellow Livestrong bracelets. It seemed like everyone was wearing one a few years ago.

I wonder if Uggs have peaked. I think 50% of females between the ages of 12 to 50 are wearing them right now.

Quoting Jpax (Reply 3):
Crocs.

They can't go away quickly enough.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

greggarious

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:13 am

Quoting Jpax (Reply 3):
Crocs

Yuup, and I was also going to add Uggs... God, what are people thinking?!?!

Other examples from this decade:

Razor scooters
Chuck Norris Jokes
Livestrong bracelets
High School Musical/Hannah Montana (again... Jesus)
Mainstream poker playing
Hope (I'm not joking)

I'll think of more. But basically, when you think about it, growing up in the 90s was so much cooler! (Tamagotchis, Spice Girls, Pokemon, Hyphy, the Interweb... and POGS!!!)

Alias1024

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:23 am

Quoting Greggarious (Reply 5):
I'll think of more. But basically, when you think about it, growing up in the 90s was so much cooler! (Tamagotchis, Spice Girls, Pokemon, Hyphy, the Interweb... and POGS!!!)

I was thinking about the fads that were popular when I was in school and am now convinced that my parents must have believed I, and indeed nearly all children were a morons when I was growing up.

Magic: The Gathering was stupid enough, but pogs take the cake. Little freaking pieces of cardboard with a stupid graphic that you throw stuff at. What the hell were we thinking!!!  embarrassed 

Fly2HMO

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:24 am

Most of the fads are my pet peeves too:

*Anything and everything Apple, along with the whole stupid I-this I-that nomenclature fad.

*Chihuahua dogs and the dumb bitches that carry them in their purses. They're nothing but barking rats. I hope they all poop on those purses.

*The Greeks. I'm talking about stupid Sororities (and fraternities for that matter) that seem to be making such a huge comeback. I've had very close behind-the-scenes contact with these groups and while the majority of the wannabe "greek" (if you ain't from Greece, you ain't Greek!!!    ) population is comprised mostly by scumbags, sadly there are a few people that had they'd not been brainwashed by these organizations they would've been so much better off themselves as a person and to their (non-greek) society

*On that note: Clicks. Everyfreakingbody has to be in one (except me). The Emos, the gangsta's. the preppy kids, the wannabe Britney Spears, etc, CANT YOU JUST BE YOURSELF!?!?   

*The new generation of pilots being trained initially in glass cockpits. Don't get me started as to why that's so stupid and dangerous. Plenty of threads on that in tech/ops

*Hybrids. They're nothing but overratted and overpriced piles of steaming feces on wheels.

*On that note, Diesels: They are finally making a comeback in the US and it seems people are starting to realize how much better they are compared to hybrids. Another case of the US rediscovering something that has been around for ages, DUH!!. (diesels are hugely popular in Europe as many of you know)

*The pussification of America, and the world for that matter. The level of prudishness and political correctness is probably equal to or even worse than that of the victorian era.

*Parents who don't discipline their kids, again due to pussification.

I've noticed all these nasty trends/fads over the past few years. I'm not too excited about what the next 10 years will bring.

[Edited 2009-03-16 22:27:53]

vikkyvik

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:26 am

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 4):
I wonder if Uggs have peaked. I think 50% of females between the ages of 12 to 50 are wearing them right now.

Yuup, and I was also going to add Uggs... God, what are people thinking?!?!

Those things are the worst "fashion" trend to ever "grace" our world. I cannot express how much I hate them.

It's kinda funny....I work full-time and have class twice a week. The two times per week I'm in class are the only hours when I can observe current trends, as I'm surrounded by 30 people in their early 20's.

The latest thing I've noticed (which may have been around for awhile...I wouldn't know) are those plaid shorts that all the guys are wearing. What the hell are those damn things???

Oh, another thing over the last 5 years or so: girls wearing what look like maternity dresses. Seriously, they are not flattering or good-looking at all.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

phatfarmlines

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:33 am

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 7):

*On that note: Clicks. Everyfreakingbody has to be in one (except me). The Emos, the gangsta's. the preppy kids, the wannabe Britney Spears, etc, CANT YOU JUST BE YOURSELF!?!?

Cliques have always been in existence, even back in the 80's/90's I remembered different types of cliques. Now the categories may have changed since I have been in school, but cliques are definitely here to stay.

*Hybrids. They're nothing but overratted and overpriced piles of steaming feces on wheels.

At least they're shoving it to OPEC.

The big fashion thing I'm seeing alot right now are Don Ed Hardy clothing for men (celebrity tattoo artist with his own clothing line- tattoo designs imprinted on clothing)- worn by all demographics. I don't wear them as the clothes are mostly designed for those with a good athletic physique.

Fly2HMO

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:40 am

Quoting Phatfarmlines (Reply 9):
but cliques are definitely here to stay.

Oh I know, but I don't remember there being so many different clicks, or such a huge pressure to be in one like today, as compared to, lets say, the '90s.

[Edited 2009-03-16 22:41:32]

Alias1024

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:45 am

Thought of another terrible clothing trend. Popped collars when wearing a polo shirt. Is there any easier way to announce to everyone that you are a tool?

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 8):
Those things are the worst "fashion" trend to ever "grace" our world. I cannot express how much I hate them.

I love them when a woman with nice legs wears them with a knee high skirt. I despise them when jeans are stuffed into them, resulting in the wearer looking like Napoleon Dynamite.

Oh, another thing over the last 5 years or so: girls wearing what look like maternity dresses. Seriously, they are not flattering or good-looking at all.

Oh, I forgot about this one. Those are so wrong. Perfectly beautiful women in their twenties wear those stupid things and end up with a body shape comparable to a standing cheese grater. It just gradually gets wider toward the bottom and flattens out all the curves on a woman's body.

Silver1SWA

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:19 am

The whole "green" thing. Not that I don't care about our environment and the future of this planet, but I'm sick of the green this, green that bandwagon. It's nothing more than a trend...

UGH!! I cannot stand Uggs!! They look stupid, especially when a girl is wearing shorts or a skirt. OMG...it really get's me agry! lol

I also hate those sun glasses that cover a girls entire face. I'm not sure what they are called, but they are practically face shields. It makes a person look like an insect with those huge eyes...especially when they have a small head/face.

and POGS!!!)

That would fit under the previous decade...
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

fraspotter

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:46 am

Quoting YWG (Reply 1):

Emo kids eventually WILL go away... as soon as they slit their wrists...  Wink (I'M JUST KIDDING!!!  Smile)

Quoting Jpax (Reply 3):
Crocs.

Can't go away soon enough...

I wonder if Uggs have peaked.

IMO it actually depends on who is wearing them... If the girl is hot, it gives her a little more leeway in my book.  Smile All I know is that my girlfriend makes them look HOT!!! Big grin

IMO it actually depends on which hybrid they are driving. If it's a Honda Civic Hybrid for example, I don't see anything wrong with it. But what I can't stand are the people who feel like they have to flaunt and shove it in your face (i.e. Prius drivers)

Quoting 2707200X (Thread starter):
9) First class airlines like Eos, Silver Jet, and Max Air.

Those are actually already proving to be a fad/failure since non of those 3 are flying anymore...

Hannah Montana

Possibly the most spoiled brat I can think of right now... (upset that she "only" got a used Porsche Cayen for her 16th birthday, got all upset and went to the news that Radiohead snubbed her at the Grammy's, gets everything just because of Daddy's money and neither of them can sing)  Yeah sure
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

dragon6172

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:28 am

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 11):
Popped collars when wearing a polo shirt. Is there any easier way to announce to everyone that you are a tool?

Amen.

Text shorthand. I really hope that the greater availability of phones with full keyboards will start people trending back towards actually writing out words rather than stringing together messages with nothing but abbreviations.

2) Obama coins.

How about special coins in general?
Phrogs Phorever

ltbewr

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:40 am

Another fad that was strong earler in the decade but has faded out is the 'casual business' dressing at workplaces. The 'Dockers' and polo shirts for men, and like casual looks for women, are dying and from salespersons to lawyers they have to return to suits and ties.

Perks at workplaces, especially at the tech ones, popular years ago are long gone, like free snacks and beverages, being able to bring your pet to work and so on.

Chat rooms, moderated and unmoderated, on the internet. Most of them died due to their abuse by sexual preditors, liability fears and costs by ISP's, replacement by phone texting.

Dr. Phil and like pop psychlogists.

A wide variety of management ideas ("One Minute Manager", et al.)

Jonas Brothers.

cgnnrw

Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:05 pm

How about tatoos? Especially females with the "antler tatoo" just above their butts! Can't go away quick enough if you ask me.
A330 man.

Klima

Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Let's not forget the ever atrocious MAGNETIC RIBBONS people put on their cars. I hated it when people would put them sideways, just so we could read what it said. If you don't wear a normal ribbon sideways, don't put it that way on your car, idiot.

BMI727

Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:22 pm

On that note, Diesels: They are finally making a comeback in the US and it seems people are starting to realize how much better they are compared to hybrids. Another case of the US rediscovering something that has been around for ages, DUH!!. (diesels are hugely popular in Europe as many of you know)

After it took so long for America to discover them the first time.

Thought of another terrible clothing trend. Popped collars when wearing a polo shirt. Is there any easier way to announce to everyone that you are a tool?

I knew a guy who did this all of the time. He was also a big TO fan. Coincidence? Probably not.

To this let me add the Prius guy with a dozen bumper stickers. Two wrongs still do not make a right.
Also, 30 Rock. How does that show survive and Studio 60 gets canceled after one season?
Why do Aerospace Engineering students have to turn things in on time?

YYZflyer

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Crocs
Popped collers. You look like an idiot.
Name brand clothing like Hollister, Abercrombie...I hope these go away, I've always hated them. Though I don't have high hopes. Were these this decade of before 2000?
Disney music people like Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, etc........die. Or any of those other shitty pop singers that aren't in Disney.

I've never fallen victim of clothing or music trends...thank god.  relieved 
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

fraspotter

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Quoting Cgnnrw (Reply 16):
How about tatoos? Especially females with the "antler tatoo" just above their butts! Can't go away quick enough if you ask me.

I believe those are called "tramp stamps"...  Wink

2) Obama coins.

Or any memorabilia Obama related. Obama coins, collector plates, t-shirts, jewelry, underwear, etc... I like the guy sure, but he's not a god...

Pretty much anything Disney Channel is a fad that eventually goes away...
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

2H4

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:12 pm

- Reality television
- "That's what she said"

2H4
Intentionally Left Blank

2707200X
Topic Author

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:38 pm

checkmark  Imagine when she is in her twenties and her career and her endorsements dry up,
she is going to be the ultimate "has been" and one of the biggest fads of all time. That is what is like to be a teen idol, you are in top of the world and then you're a "has been" by your tween and teen girl audience.

Quoting YWG (Reply 1):

checkmark  Add goths to that list.

checkmark  Chihuahua's are definitely the worst fads, celebrities like Paris Hilton use them as fashion accessories.

I would like to add "celebrity bad girls" like Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Amy Winehouse and Brittney Spears, tabloids are now getting the message that people don't care about these spoiled brats like they used to anymore.

Also the Octomom.
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

Dougloid

Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:15 pm

Buy that man a beer!

Those are called 'tramp stamps' for a reason. Entertainment and light reading if you're doing her from behind? Otherwise why bother?

Me and the Dragon Lady were at an auction sale and there was this rather plump broad sitting down a couple rows. She bent over to get something off the floor that fell out of her purse, her shirt hiked up, and there was the tramp stamp resting atop the coin slot.

I remarked to the Dragon Lady that there was plenty of real estate for additions to the tableau and she said that maybe broads like that ought to rent out space like the people who own billboards do-Harley Davidson ads, Nike, Coca Cola and so on.

I laughed out loud at that.
If you believe in coincidence, you haven't looked close enough-Joe Leaphorn

MD11Engineer

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 10):
but cliques are definitely here to stay.

Oh I know, but I don't remember there being so many different clicks, or such a huge pressure to be in one like today, as compared to, lets say, the '90s.

We had this back in the 70s - 80s as well. From my own highschool days (late 1970s to mid 1980s) I remember cliques of punk rockers, Teddy boys and girls (fans of 1950s rock'n roll, Elvis Presley style, they would dress the part as well), Poppers (snobbish, blase teenagers dressing in expensive clothes, trademark cashmere pullovers and scarfs, "carrot" type jeans, for the boys longish hair parted on the side, falling into the face, all thanks to daddy's credit card, enemies of the punk rockers), Nazi skinheads (also enemies of the anarchist punk rockers), eco hippies in selfknitted woolen sweaters and bib overalls, ultrafeminist girls also dressed in bib overalls and clogs etc..
I never was a member of any clique, for this I was far too much of a nerd (and proud of it!).

Examples:

Teddy boy

Punk:

Popper:

Nazi Skinhead:

Of all these groups I got best along with the punks and some of the hippies (though I didn't like their touchy-feely emotional attitude)

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Cadet57

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:47 pm

7) Ford Explorer and other large SUV's and large pick up trucks.

Since when have those been fads? the Explorer has been around since 1992.

Chuck Norris Jokes

Are still funny  Wink

Hannah Montana

Wait til she turns 18, My hopes are on penthouse  biggrin 

re those plaid shorts that all the guys are wearing.

Hey! I wear plaid shorts. :P

Oh, I forgot about this one. Those are so wrong. Perfectly beautiful women in their twenties wear those stupid things and end up with a body shape comparable to a standing cheese grater. It just gradually gets wider toward the bottom and flattens out all the curves on a woman's body.

My buddy calls them tit curtains.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

AGM100

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:55 pm

What about men's ankle ware ? Like those stupid Sante-Fe style bead braids.... Out here in the warm weather ... lots of cargo shorts , Birkenstock and ankle bracelets. I hope there gone ..  tombstone 

Will the tattoo madness end soon ? If everyone has one ... is it still cool ? Is it a big deal when you look like a tattooed clone ?

What about Piercing? .... please stop ?  crazy  These kids are just freaking confused little goof balls without parents to crack sense into them ..
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

kmh1956

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 pm

Promises

They seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur....

Thank God I'm a) in the wrong age bracket and b) in possession of better taste to wear those blasted things. Besides, I will never understand why, if you have a great pair of legs, you would intentionally wear something that makes them look short and stubby. Being fortunate enough to have a decent pair of legs, I have learned they look best in heels....
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

Qantasistheway

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 pm

*Anything and everything Apple, along with the whole stupid I-this I-that nomenclature fad.

Okay not everybody likes Apple, I can't get enough, others hate it. Apple has suceeded in revolutionising not only the portably music industry but has also changed the music industry all together. So many people just get their songs from iTunes now, something that wouldn't be around without Apple. And honestly, where else can you legally download music that easily? You don't like Apple - get over it. Do you have an iPod?

So we should just continue driving around in SUVs because they look good and are comfortable? I see that you don't mind if the earth suffers in the long run.

The big fashion thing I'm seeing alot right now are Don Ed Hardy clothing for men (celebrity tattoo artist with his own clothing line- tattoo designs imprinted on clothing)- worn by all demographics. I don't wear them as the clothes are mostly designed for those with a good athletic physique.

This is my favourite brand - granted it is a bit expensive.

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 19):
Popped collers. You look like an idiot.

Quoting BMI727 (Reply 18):
I knew a guy who did this all of the time. He was also a big TO fan. Coincidence? Probably not.

I didn't know that a.net was full of style icons. I'm sure you are all very well dressed!

This is just turning out to be a list of what bothered people this decade.
 Yeah sure

As for me:

-Ridiculously skinny jeans on guys. That must be painful in the long run.
-Metrosexuals
-Sudoku

Cadet57

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Quoting Qantasistheway (Reply 28):
So we should just continue driving around in SUVs because they look good and are comfortable? I see that you don't mind if the earth suffers in the long run.

Id rather drive a nice gas-sucking suv than a car that makes me look like an uppity, pretentious dipshit.

Confuscius

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Neoconservatism - a failed ideology (2001 - 2008)
Ain't I a stinker?

srbmod

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Mainstream poker playing

I think the current economic situation will see to that. Poker tables don't generate as much revenue for a casino as say putting a bunch of slot machines in that same area. Plus you don't need as many employees either. Before the poker craze hit, the vast majority of casinos didn't even have a poker room, as either a.) they had done away with them or b.) they never had one to start with. I know of some casinos that have actually replaced their poker dealers with electronic tables. Hopefully as a side effect, all of these poker shows get canceled. It's gotten to the point that one could program a channel 24/7 with all of the various poker shows. The World Series of Poker is now a made for TV event, especially now that the time period between the final table being set and the first hand being dealt is now several months.

Quoting Klima (Reply 17):
Let's not forget the ever atrocious MAGNETIC RIBBONS people put on their cars. I hated it when people would put them sideways, just so we could read what it said. If you don't wear a normal ribbon sideways, don't put it that way on your car, idiot.

How many causes can one person support? It's almost replaced having an obnoxious number of bumper stickers on the back of your car as being downright annoying.

For those of you hating on High School Musical/Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers, they're their generation's version of the safe inoffensive bubblegum pop that every decade seems to have. Now whether Miley Cyrus becomes the next Britney Spears or the next Jessica Simpson remains to be seen. The Jonas Brothers are the new Hanson.

The style trends I hope go away are all hat-related:

Trucker Hats. Some things are better left to the good ol' boys.....
People leaving the sticker on the visor of the hat.

Cadet57

Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 31):
People leaving the sticker on the visor of the hat.

Yeah seriously, what purpose does that serve except to tell us how big your head may be?

greggarious

Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:22 am

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 12):
That would fit under the previous decade...

You'll notice I included pogs under the "growing up in the 90s was awesome!" category.  Yeah sure

But basically, when you think about it, growing up in the 90s was so much cooler!

and POGS!!!)

Wink

Silver1SWA

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 am

Quoting Greggarious (Reply 33):
You'll notice I included pogs under the "growing up in the 90s was awesome!" category.

I missed that, sorry.

The '90s were awesome though!  Big grin
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

FlyDeltaJets87

Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:43 am

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 21):
"That's what she said"

Now that one never gets old.  biggrin 

Quoting Alias1024 (Reply 6):

Magic: The Gathering was stupid enough, but pogs take the cake. Little freaking pieces of cardboard with a stupid graphic that you throw stuff at. What the hell were we thinking!!!

I thought Pokemon and Digimon were the dumbest fads of all - and those stupid Ty Beanie Babies. And what people would pay for some of those things....

Quoting YWG (Reply 1):

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 25):
Hannah Montana

Wait til she turns 18, My hopes are on penthouse

She's 16 and now legal in some states.  silly 

I really hope "American Idol" and "America's Next Top Model". Why anyone cares what Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, Randy Jackson, (or the 4th idiot) or Tyra Banks or the other idiots that assist her with the show think is beyond me. They're all incredibly stupid and the fact that people actually weigh value on what these clowns say scares me.
"Let's Roll"- Todd Beamer, United Airlines Flight 93, Sept. 11, 2001

NWADC9

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:02 am

Pants pulled down so underwear is showing (MAJOR pet peeve)
Bush-Bashing
Enviro-weenies
iCrap
Apple anything
Thick rectangle eyeglass frames (I find them great if your eyes are little dots on your face)
jetBlue
Obama Mania
Crocs
Gas-saving tricks
I get paid to convert dead dino juice into noise.

Fly2HMO

Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:59 am

Especially females with the "antler tatoo" just above their butts!

Oh hell, tramp stamps. I hate them.

You don't like Apple - get over it. Do you have an iPod?

I liked the Apple of the '80s, '90s, it was function following form. Nowadays Apple is a fashion statement more than anything. Same can be said with hybrids.

FYI, I find SUVs ghastly, and uncomfortable, and I'd NEVER buy one, but for reasons that have nothing to do with saving the world or fuel efficiency. My issue with hybrids is that they are all hyped up to be the holy grail of automotive efficiency and automotive "greenness" when in reality they are very inefficient in many ways compared to even normal cars and just producing them makes much more harm to the environment than a normal car.

Diesels are infinitely superior, yet they are unfortunately the underdog.

This is just turning out to be a list of what bothered people this decade.

And how is this:

As for me:

-Ridiculously skinny jeans on guys. That must be painful in the long run.
-Metrosexuals
-Sudoku

Any different?  cheeky 

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 34):
The '90s were awesome though!

Ditto. Good times indeed.

waterpolodan

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:25 am

The big fashion thing I'm seeing alot right now are Don Ed Hardy clothing for men

Absolutely hate those. So many 5'6" stocky, steroid-using baldheaded jackasses wear these out to all the clubs in Miami now, and it annoys the living hell out of me, especially when they have jewels blinging out all over the shirt. So stupid.

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 35):

My brother bought me a tshirt with that emo lawn picture on it, I love it  Smile

Couple other fads I'm sick of-
The twitter/youtube thing. I know, they can be great tools, but every time I hear a twitter or youtube reference on NPR or on the TV news, it makes me a little bit ill (and it happens every 2 minutes now).

Also, irresponsible lending practices and absolutely embarrassing financial oversight by the US government. Big fad for a long time, and now that it's passed, we're all a little bit screwed. Thanks, guys.

aerorobnz

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:30 am

those stupid rubber bracelets for a cause ....

Those 'Patriotic' flag things people put on their cars after 9/11
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

stasisLAX

Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:23 am

22 inch chrome "dubs" on 10 year old Chevy Impalas or bling-ee Escalades, Phleese!

The Smart car.

Neo-conservatives  grumpy 
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety!" B.Franklin

2707200X
Topic Author

Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Clay Akin, he was somewhat popular for a while, he came out of the closet and his fans dropped him like a rock.

By enlarge American Idol, heck the ones that sing bad are often more famous than most of the Idol winners.

IMissPiedmont

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Earrings on "men". That is a truly stupid look.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

vikkyvik

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:20 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 25):
Are still funny

checkmark 

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 21):
- "That's what she said"

no 

I'll try to avoid saying it if I should ever meet you  Smile

I love them when a woman with nice legs wears them with a knee high skirt

Nah, still just nasty. Uggs + skirt is just not a good look. It looks completely ridiculous, in my opinion.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Alias1024

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:56 am

Quoting Vikkyvik (Reply 43):
Nah, still just nasty. Uggs + skirt is just not a good look. It looks completely ridiculous, in my opinion.

I guess it's a difference of taste. I've seen some women that I thought pulled it off nicely, but not many.

What's totally wrong is what I saw at Costco today. A middle aged man wearing jeans, button up shirt, belt with large buckle, cowboy hat and..............................................tan Uggs!  Wow!

bohica

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:54 am

SUV's or for that matter Minivans that look like SUV'S or SUV's which look like minivans I can't tell the difference anymore.
Spinning hubcaps.
Gigantic chrome rims on cars with a thin strip of rubber which resembles a tire.
Text messaging, Facebook, Twittering.
Classic rock songs turned into hip-hop songs.
Tattoos.
American Idol.
Survivor.
Hannah Montana.
Ferrets.
Roller heel shoes.
Body piercings.
Fish in a vase.

dragon6172

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:09 am

Quoting Bohica (Reply 45):
Classic rock songs turned into hip-hop songs.

I hate this as well! What is worse are the dipsh%#s who do not know it is a remake! The original Sting and the Police "Every Breath" was on one time, and some ass clown on the bus was all bent of shape about someone "stealing Diddys work". Give me a break.
Phrogs Phorever

Francoflier

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:26 pm

In the US: The Jack in the box Antenna (aerial) ball?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Cadet57

Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Quoting Francoflier (Reply 48):
In the US: The Jack in the box Antenna (aerial) ball?

Srsly? I want one  duck