Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Springbok747
Topic Author

Saving The World - One Tim-Tam At A Time

Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 pm

SYDNEY Lord Mayor Clover Moore has banned Tim Tams from council events for fear they're partially produced through cruel child labour on Africa's Ivory Coast.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25238282-1242,00.html

Tim Tams are a sort of a chocolate cookie/biscuit. And they are EPIC!
I love the reason why she has banned Tim-Tams. What a moron, and she is the mayor of one of the World's greatest cities!Her poor husband. I'm sure he must be munching on those yummy Tim-Tams. So what's next..clothes made in China and all chocolate (after all they're made using cruel child labour in Africa  Yeah sure )

אני תומך בישראל

rsg85

RE: Saving The World - One Tim-Tam At A Time

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:54 am

Stupid tried to make herself look good and its backfired. If she had half a brain she would have done a bit of research first, why is it the mayors of large cities around the world are losers. Boris in london, john in melbourne. clover in sydney, anybody else want to ad to the list?

Stealthz

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:21 am

Quoting Rsg85 (Reply 1):
john in melbourne

You might need to update your list of loser mayors, Lord Mayor of Melbourne is Robert Doyle

Cheers
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!....well that might have changed!!!

Brendan03

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:48 am

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 2):
You might need to update your list of loser mayors, Lord Mayor of Melbourne is Robert Doyle

He's still an idiot... How he became Lord Mayer is still beyond me, even the Liberal party didn't want him.
Coolier than thou.

StarAC17

Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Quoting Springbok747 (Thread starter):

They are but they can't take heat and thats why I didn't bring any back when I was in Australia a few weeks ago. I never tried what Aussie told be and break off each end and use one as a straw drink hot chocolate or coffee.

Quoting Rsg85 (Reply 1):
Stupid tried to make herself look good and its backfired. If she had half a brain she would have done a bit of research first, why is it the mayors of large cities around the world are losers. Boris in london, john in melbourne. clover in sydney, anybody else want to ad to the list?

This seems like something David Miller the mayor of Toronto would pull and he has done something similar by banning the sale of bottle water in city buildings breaking a contract from Pepsi. His concern is the enviromental impact.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

pawsleykat

Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:16 pm

OMG! I love Tim-Tams... great with Milo  Smile Two great Australian Chocolate Creations!

What a nutter, banning them because of that. I can understand where she's coming from, but that's just silly.

She's got to look at the bigger picture here...

JG  Yeah sure
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

mirrodie

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:25 pm

Tim Tams have recently arrived here in the USA. Keep me coming.

But what the heck is a Milo?

And keep your Vegemite!!

BTW, is Sydney so void of problems that this is what your major has to deal with?
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

Brendan03

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Quoting Mirrodie (Reply 6):

It's an energy food drink in Granulated form with a chocolate flavour, One can drink it with hot/warm milk or with cold milk... or sprinkle it over ice cream... or just eat it out of the tin.
Coolier than thou.

EWRCabincrew

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:39 pm

Tim Tams have recently arrived here in the USA. Keep me coming.

Better late than never. Tim Tams are nothing short of ambrosia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_(drink)

And keep your Vegemite!!

All the more for those of us who like it, then. Yummo!!!
You can't cure stupid

EasternSon

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:45 pm

My wife is a huge fan of sweets, and I purposely didn't tell her about Tim Tams before our trip to Oz, thinking I would surprise her with an awesome little cookie. I had forgotten about them until the last day of our trip, then handed her one.

She first cursed me for not giving one to her as soon as we landed, then cursed me the entire flight home when I told her we couldn't get them in the US.

Where are they selling them in the US now?
"The only people for me are the mad ones...." Jack Kerouac

Springbok747
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:08 pm

אני תומך בישראל

ABQ747

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 9):

They are available at Cost Plus World Market. For some reason, they are not sold under the Tim Tams brand name in the US. They are sold as Arnott's Chocolate Biscuits here.

http://www.worldmarket.com/Eat--Drin...%7CCATEGORY_SEQ_3207%7C0/index.pro

Stealthz

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:57 am

Quoting StarAC17 (Reply 4):
I never tried what Aussie told be and break off each end and use one as a straw drink hot chocolate or coffee.

For a real treat you should try it with Cointreau instead of coffee!
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!....well that might have changed!!!

Goldenshield

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 12):
For a real treat you should try it with Cointreau instead of coffee!

And pass out after the 3rd biscuit? Never!
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

panam330

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 11):
they are not sold under the Tim Tams brand name in the US

Yes they are. I just bought two packs of them at Target. Tim Tams, by Pepperidge Farm.

Ken777

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:42 pm

I do love Tim Tams as wall as Flake bars. My wife even has a bit of stock for her pleasures.

Unfortunately I can't eat them as I have Type 2 Diabetes and actually count carbs. I won't even look at the carb count of a Tim Tam as it would just bring on depression.

I did have a good friend in Perth who would eat an entire package each night as he watched TV. He changed his diet after a multiple bi-pass op, but still has fond memories of those Tim Tam days.  Smile

NWADC9

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Quoting Rsg85 (Reply 1):

Bloomberg in NYC. Former RINO, Mother Superior over all his people, and a Caucasian Hugo Chavez when it comes to term limits.

As for these Tim Tam cookies you guys keep raving about, guess I better try 'em!  Smile

Quoting Panam330 (Reply 14):
I just bought two packs of them at Target. Tim Tams, by Pepperidge Farm.

But are they real Tim Tams or mere imitations?
I get paid to convert dead dino juice into noise.

panam330

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Quoting NWADC9 (Reply 16):
But are they real Tim Tams or mere imitations?

AFAIK, they're the real deal.

mirrodie

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Quoting EasternSon (Reply 9):

Same here, gotten at Target,

made by Pepperridge Farms, and it passed my wifes and Perthite's blind taste test, where we had Aussie made Tim Tams as well as the Pepperidge kind
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

ac888yow

Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:08 pm

I tried Tim Tams in Australia a couple of months ago. They were tasty and all but I didn't find them to be as incredible as advertised. Perhaps my friend over-hyped them ...

geekydude

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:17 am

SYDNEY Lord Mayor Clover Moore has banned Tim Tams from council events for fear they're partially produced through cruel child labour on Africa's Ivory Coast.

This type of self-righteous person makes me sick. Cote d'Ivoire is not Australia where each and every child can go to for 12 years for free. You think the Africans enjoy sending their children to work? They are so desperate that they basically don't have a choice as the parents are unable to produce enough income to feed the family.

If you really want to help the poor children, then what not pay a bit more? Offer them a fair price or a donation of some sort with each purchase so that the money can be used to subsidize a free education system to encourage enrollment. This way the parents don't have to pay as much taxes that would have been used to build schools; and the family would have more disposable income.
FLIB 152 'heavy' low approach...Caution wake turbulance!