Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

gkirk
Topic Author

The Completely Random Thread

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:40 pm

When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

gkirk
Topic Author

RE: The Completely Random Thread

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Oh and did you know:

The surface area of an average-sized brick is 79 cm squared.

Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day.

Karoke means "empty orchestra" in Japanese.

The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.

The most money ever paid for a cow in an auction was $1.3 million.

The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.

The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache.

Mary Stuart became Queen of Scotland when she was only six days old.

The fist product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.

Doona

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 1):
The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

I (as much as everyone else) can see the logic (and appeal) in that, but how exactly was it used/applied?

Cheers
Mats
Sure, we're concerned for our lives. Just not as concerned as saving 9 bucks on a roundtrip to Ft. Myers.

Brendan03

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:03 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 1):

Mary Stuart became Queen of Scotland when she was only six days old.

Pfft, As if Scotland needs a Monarchy when they've got England! :P
Coolier than thou.

planesarecool

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:09 pm

I was hired to perform as an entertainer at a children's birthday party, but the parents said my act was inappropriate.

I was so offended I nearly dropped my dildo.

gkirk
Topic Author

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:19 pm

Quoting Doona (Reply 2):
I (as much as everyone else) can see the logic (and appeal) in that, but how exactly was it used/applied?

I believe it was applied somewhere  Wink

nighthawk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 5):
I believe it was applied somewhere Wink

I guess oral was out of the question afterwards!

yooyoo

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:04 pm

My first bath toy was a toaster.
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

BAViscount

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Quoting Doona (Reply 2):

Would you want to get it on with someone covered in crocodile dung?? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't...sounds like a fine contraceptive to me!! Big grin
Ladies & gentlemen this is Captain Tobias Wilcock welcoming you aboard Coconut Airways flight 372 to Bridgetown Barbados

don81603

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:26 pm

If fire fighters fight fire, and crime fighters fight crime, what does that say about freedom fighters?

If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of congress?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

JoeCanuck

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:28 pm

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat...?
What the...?

MadameConcorde

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:30 pm

The Large Hadron Collider

Greatest thing after Concorde?  Confused
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

YYZflyer

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

I have about 2 weeks worth of homework I have to finish tonight...due tomorrow, or I get a zero on everything. lol

bouncy 
Avoid hangovers, stay drunk.

gkirk
Topic Author

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 pm

Did y'all know that Jet2 flies between Manchester and Tenerife?

And also that Manx2 fly to Gloucester?

LTU932

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:00 pm

That kitten looks stoned...
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

JoeCanuck

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:01 pm

What kitten doesn't...?
What the...?

MadameConcorde

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:02 pm

You can still see Concorde G-HOST flying over Exeter occasionally.  ghost 
There was a better way to fly it was called Concorde

aznmadsci

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Because I still can't forget it till this day ... and is my signature ... this is what a chemistry professor told his students during a lab meeting.

If there's excitation, there is NO penetration!
The journey of life is not based on the accomplishments, but the experience.

fatmirjusufi

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 14):
That kitten looks stoned...

and like a human being. Big grin

MCOflyer

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Did you know it costs over 3K for an 18 wheeler to have new tires

A Pete 379 has a metal hood whereas the 378 has a Fiberglass hood

Volvos are the safest truck on the road

A Peterbilt and Kenworth will hold their value better

It takes 3000ft for a fully loaded semi to stop

KH
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

LTU932

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Quoting JoeCanuck (Reply 15):
What kitten doesn't...?

No, I mean it looks really stoned, and not just stoned because of how the eyes look.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

seb146

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Beat Calgary!

That's all I really have to say. The Flames and the Canucks are fighting for the the top of the division. I can't believe my boys lost two in a row to Edmonton and Colorado! WTF?!?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

KAUST

Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:49 pm

One of my coaches from the year I played PONY league (Protect Our Nation's Youth) baseball is now a United States Representative. Also, my previous church participated in a community softball league, and I for all of the 6 years that I played, was the leagues only left-handed starting catcher, as well as the only lefty on my team.
"Houston, this is Apollo 8. We are now in Lunar orbit."

JoeCanuck

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 21):

The rest of the hockey world is shocked as well. Still, Go Flames...! I think the playoffs will be a real knife fight this year. The West, especially, is looking tough.

As frightening as Detroit and San Jose are, they've shown that they can be beaten. I think we can expect some pretty good upsets...perhaps a first round exit for both...and that's a good thing.
What the...?

LTU932

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:01 pm

Please, make sure that the Red Wings get humilated! I'm sick and tired of that self-proclaimed hockey town pillaging the league!  Angry

nighthawk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:23 pm

Quoting YYZflyer (Reply 12):
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

WE dont. Only americans and canadians would be dumb enough to do that  Silly

JoeCanuck

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:34 pm

Silly us...now if we would only learn how to drive on the wrong side of the road.
What the...?

nighthawk

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Quoting JoeCanuck (Reply 26):
Silly us...now if we would only learn how to drive on the wrong side of the road.

i think youve already done that!

[Edited 2009-04-06 15:41:33]

JoeCanuck

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 pm

There's the left side and the right side. Right is also correct. So if we're on the right side, that also must be the correct side, which would mean the left side is incorrect, in other words, wrong.

So, it follows that the right side is the right side and the left side is the wrong side...ipso facto.
What the...?

MCOflyer

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Deadliest Catch starts April 14th

Burn Notice returns this June

I finally got my CDL book and plan on taking the test this June.

I hate microsoft access with a passion.

KH

787seattle

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:05 pm

Quoting JoeCanuck (Reply 10):
If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat...?

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Q: How did the blonde try to kill the bird?
A: She threw it off a cliff.
Student - KELN

kmh1956

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:26 pm

Quoting Doona (Reply 2):
Quoting Gkirk (Reply 1):

Smother yourself in crocodile dung, and see how much play YOU get!!
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

Springbok747

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:44 pm

Quoting JoeCanuck (Reply 28):
So, it follows that the right side is the right side and the left side is the wrong side...ipso facto.

But your steering wheel is on the left...i.e. the wrong side. Which means the way we drive..with our steering on the right side (correct side) is the correct way. Thus whatever argument(s) you make is/are null and void Big grin
אני תומך בישראל

Fly2HMO

Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:25 am

Rant of the day, for this past weekend, and pardon the lack of space and errors, I'm writing this on one swift stroke:

I took this girl out on a date Saturday, and I made it clear that this was our official date. Our date was in PHX, and we had to drive down from PRC. Driving there, my car's transmission decided to blow up, literally. I had my car towed to the nearest shop and, the only one that was open, but not until after I was charged $130 for the tow. Oh and did I mention the tranny rebuild will be $1500?. Anyways, I call a friend (who was extremely hungover) who picks me and my date up from the shop and graciously takes me to Hertz so I can rent a car. So I get this POS (and it only has 10kmi) Chevy Aveo, a truly disgusting car which explains the state of the horrid American auto industry, but that's for another thread... Anyways, I don't get the keys until I bend over once again for ~$400 to have the car rented till this Friday. So we drive back down to PHX. My date was taking it very well and we were actually having fun and meaningful conversations. Somewhere around loop 101 in crawling traffic just around SDL, totally out of the blue she says she had to tell me something. Basically she said (after I made it f'ing clear this was a date and she AGREED to it) that she thought I was a very sweet guy, she loved being around me bla bla bla, but that she was hoping if I was fine with being (drum roll please) "just friends". ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME?, I thought to myself. So I told her yes I understand, but that changes things a LOT. So for many reasons I thought it was premature for her to be saying that specially at this point and considering many other things like we had just been out ONCE before. Anyways, I don't take friends out on expensive dinners, I always do split checks with friends, plus many other things, but I figured I wouldn't be an asshole, give her the benefit of the doubt, and let it slide this one time. So after a $60 dinner (which she really liked thankfully) she at least had the decency to buy me dessert. Then afterwards I was supposed to surprise her (i didn't really want to considering she pulled the just friends card on me, but I'm a man of my word, unfortunately). The surprise was going to race in some indoor go-karts (not the toy ones, I'm talking about the awesome +50mph karts). So anyways we get there, we stand in line for 30mins, unnoticed by everybody that worked there, and no thanks to some stupid mom that had a party of 10 kids trying to get in. So once the retarded bitch of a clerk finally noticed us and was done with that idiotic mother and her kids, she tells us we could not race until within 2 hours from then. I then pictured myself jumping behind the counter, pinning her fat ass down on the floor, smashing the computer screen repeatedly across her ugly face, and then stabbing her with the keyboard, oh and then pissing on her dead body. But I elected to just say "Fuck it" and I walked out. My date and I then just called it a night, drove back to PRC (a rather quiet drive back, but I just didnt care anymore) I dropped her off, she didn't even give me a hug, but said she wanted to hang out again. I'm like sure whatever. And drove back home. Then yesterday (sunday) I had my CFI checkride flight, and I didn't pass but nor did I fail. I incompleted. So I have to go and do it AGAIN.

Frack my life.   banghead 

[Edited 2009-04-06 17:33:48]

san747

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 am

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 33):

I feel you there... I went on a date with a girl I met about a month ago, and we had been talking for about a week prior to the date. She seemed super down-to-earth, very non-judgmental, not to mention she was neither stupid nor slutty, which amazed me seeing as she was from Orange County...

So I pick her up, give her flowers, we go to the beach. Then we get some food, then see "Coraline" in 3D. We're having great conversation, very natural, no awkwardness, and SHE even holds my hands first as we're walking to the theater.

As the night ends, I drive her home and we kiss for at LEAST 2 minutes straight on her doorstep. I drive home thinking it went well. The next day, I'm just chilling at home when all of a sudden I get a text from her saying, "Alex, I have to be honest with you..."

As soon as I saw that, I knew what was coming. She said she wasn't attracted to me... she had tried during our date to make something happen in her mind, but it just didn't. And of course, she wanted to remain friends, which I agreed to. I was supremely disappointed, because I had felt a connection and saw potential for us, but what was I gonna do?

We've hung out once since then, with some mutual friends and it was fun, no awkwardness... I was even busting her balls about it, you know- asking her if she thought guys we were walking past were more attractive than me, etc.

Oh, and then my camera has just started having a problem reading SD cards, which makes it 100% functional except... I CAN'T TAKE A DAMN PICTURE WITH IT ANYMORE.

So when it rains, it pours. I feel your pain.
Scotty doesn't know...

RussianJet

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:40 am

In the UK the Royal Mail delivers the post, yet in the USA the US Postal Service delivers the mail.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

MCOflyer

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:04 am

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 33):

I get that a lot. however, I've had some good friends come out and have had bad friends come out of it. Bottom line: There someone for everyone of us.

KH

IHadAPheo

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:28 am

She said that Twilight isn't really true??, and threw a snow-globe at him

Signed,

oh wait this isn't a signed by thread..

hmm..... a signed by thread
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

787seattle

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:58 am

Children grow faster in the springtime.
Student - KELN

seb146

Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:08 am

Hi, Peho! Big grin

Quoting JoeCanuck (Reply 23):
The rest of the hockey world is shocked as well

I don't understand something: How can the East be considered such a tough conference? Their road trips do not include many time zone chages on a regular basis. Take the Bruins, for example. They can go on a road trip to Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Rangers, Islanders, and Devils over a period of 8 days. Oh, yeah. Really rough. Try playing a rough sport AND going from Edmonton to Calgary, Vancouver, San Jose, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Denver, Chicago and Dallas in 8 days.

Another thing I don't understand: It got up to 75* (I don't have the "degree" symbol) here today. Absolutly gorgeous! I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Some people were wearing tank tops. After more than six months of sitting in front of the TV and doing nothing, these people don't understand that, even though the weather is nice, not all of us want to see that much back fat or man boobs. I can get past the pale skin. This is Oregon, after all.

Why do motorcycle riders insist on riding around without mufflers? Some motorcycles do have mufflers, but there are those that have horrid glass pac mufflers or (it seems) none at all. Why?

TheGov

Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:10 am

I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread..........
Always a pallbearer, never a corpse.

Jetsgo

Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:21 am

Procrastination is like masturbation... it feels good until you realize your screwing yourself.
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

seb146

Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:48 am

Quoting San747 (Reply 34):
Oh, and then my camera has just started having a problem reading SD cards, which makes it 100% functional except... I CAN'T TAKE A DAMN PICTURE WITH IT ANYMORE.

I have the same problem with my camera. It turns on just fine, but once the SD card is in, the camera shuts down. No matter what card goes in. Now, I am told the camera has a virus, so I am looking for a new camera and SD card.

gkirk
Topic Author

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:13 am

And apparently Scotland is worst for pothole damage in the UK  Yeah sure
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7986579.stm

aero145

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:02 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 1):
When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.

Isn’t it more like: When you die, your skin dehydrates and therefore the hair and nails look as they have been getting longer...

OHLHD

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:12 am

gkirk
Topic Author

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:50 am

BNE

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am

Quoting Gkirk (Thread starter):
Yes, I'm bored today

So why aren't you at the pub then.
Why fly non stop when you can connect

ALexeu

Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:56 am

Hi,
I am looking for pictures of cargo bays ! Please post as much as you can!

metroliner

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:00 am

Quoting AlexEU (Reply 48):
Kosovo is Serbia

Did you hear the one about the guy who wrote 'Ovo je Srbija'* on a building in Sarajevo? Someone wrote 'budalo, ovo je posta'** below it  Wink

(*'This is Serbia'; **'You idiot, this is the post office' for non-speakers of any mutually intelligible regional language.)
Set the controls for the heart of the Sun