Venus6971
Topic Author

CBS Golf Reporter In Hot H2o Over Remark

Sun May 10, 2009 3:59 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...llpols_line_puts_him_in_rough.html

As a GI I can agree with him. But being so UN PC will get you sacked.
To tell you the Truth I would trust OBL over Reid and Pelosi. At Least OBL tells you to your face that he hates you, wants to enslave or kill you and your children. Those other 2 if they were on fire I would not urinate on them. Flame away.
I would help you but it is not in the contract

Yellowstone

RE: CBS Golf Reporter In Hot H2o Over Remark

Sun May 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Quoting Venus6971 (Thread starter):

You agree that it's funny, or you agree with the sentiment? Because if you're having urges to murder elected US officials, you probably shouldn't be in the military.

At Least OBL tells you to your face that he hates you, wants to enslave or kill you and your children.

And you're delusional if you think Pelosi or Reid feel the same way. I'll grant that they're not always as honest as someone like OBL, but I'll take a dishonest ally over an honest enemy anyday.

Those other 2 if they were on fire I would not urinate on them.

And you would put out OBL? You've got some seriously messed up priorities, dude.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

D L X

Sun May 10, 2009 4:23 pm

As a GI I can agree with him

Then you have absolutely no business being in our military and I'm glad you are out of it now. You agree that if you had two bullets in an elevator with Reid and Pelosi that you'd use those bullets on them? What a disgusting comment. What do you think would happen if you said that to your CO?

Remember that big furor last month about former soldiers being sympathetic to terrorists and how they need to be watched? Remember the deep water Janet Napolitano was in when that memo leaked? I bet you were one of the people criticizing her. Now go back and look at what you wrote.

santosdumont

Sun May 10, 2009 4:41 pm

To tell you the Truth I would trust OBL over Reid and Pelosi.

So it's come to this? Trusting the man responsible for the deaths of 3,000 innocent people in New York and Washington (I'm not even counting his other attacks) over Reid and Pelosi is simply "Un-PC"? How does that sentiment differ from being a terrorist sympathizer?
"Pursuit Of Truth No Matter Where It Lies" -- Metallica

Venus6971
Topic Author

Sun May 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Well it seems I pissed some people off, you guys forget that I was a one of those guys who used to fly with these guys on their many fact finding missions so I was the fly on the wall to their conversations. Many members of congress were honored to be doing what they were doing and some others were just there to get theirs, these 2 bozo's are there to get theirs. I would be interested to know how many congressmen who started their careers as middle class are now multi millionaires for speaking fees and book deals they would have never got as being John Q Public. How many Marines would like to be in a room alone with Rep John Murtha after what he said about Marines fighting in Iraq? I guess the present POTUS voters are shocked when a ex GI voices his displeasure with the current elected representatives, I think I have earned that right since I have put it on the line for others who would not for a Constitution and flag that will cover my casket and given to my family when I am gone. GI's take a oath to protect and defend the Constitution and take lawful orders from those appointed over them, we don't takes oaths of allegiance to a party or individual like the Wehrmacht did to Hitler.
Now to add on to the answer above, If I choose to shoot OBL, Reid and Pelosi stick their finger in the air to check the prevailing wind. It comes out 2 ways.
1. You did your duty and are a hero.
2. You murdered a defenseless misunderstood man .
3. I don't get on the elevator but let them ride up with OBL themselves and see how it turns out.

Mir

Sun May 10, 2009 6:21 pm

As a GI I can agree with him.

Fortunately, I think most of our soliders know better than to shoot US elected officials rather than terrorists. If you don't like Pelosi or Reid, fine - you're not alone. But in this country, we have a system set up so that one can air your grievances without having to resort to violence, and remove them from power if necessary. And we are expected to use that system. Killing someone because you don't like them is, ironically, exactly what Osama bin Laden does.

Quoting Venus6971 (Reply 4):
I guess the present POTUS voters are shocked when a ex GI voices his displeasure with the current elected representatives,

No, voicing displeasure is fine. We're disgusted when you say you'd be willing to murder your elected representatives if given the chance. I hope you can tell the difference between the two.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

FlyPNS1

Sun May 10, 2009 6:32 pm

GI's take a oath to protect and defend the Constitution

And don't you think that murdering elected officials (no matter how sleazy they may be) kind of undermines your oath?

CALTECH

Sun May 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Those other 2 if they were on fire I would not urinate on them. Flame away.

Remember, there are people of a certain political leaning that saw nothing wrong in a movie depicting President George W. Bush being assasinated, and they secretly hoped he would die while eating pretzels. Hypocrites. Their arguments now fall on deaf ears. These so-called tolerant folks are the most intolerant, racial, radicals seen on this planet.
You are here.

Venus6971
Topic Author

Sun May 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Quoting CALTECH (Reply 7):
Remember, there are people of a certain political leaning that saw nothing wrong in a movie depicting President George W. Bush being assasinated, and they secretly hoped he would die while eating pretzels. Hypocrites. Their arguments now fall on deaf ears. These so-called tolerant folks are the most intolerant, racial, radicals seen on this planet.

Remember GWB was a unsurper who got beat in Florida, it is okay for Liberals and Dems to protest in the streets and riot and be called heroic but if conservatives and GOP'ers have a peaceful demonstration we are called bigots and rednecks. I am sorry that I did not drink the Obama koolaid and think his policies will destroy our currency and way of life. So much for freedom of speech.

santosdumont

Sun May 10, 2009 7:42 pm

I guess the present POTUS voters are shocked when a ex GI voices his displeasure with the current elected representatives,

Why would anyone be shocked over somebody exercising a Constitutionally-enshrined right? If you don't like your current elected representatives...petition for redress. That's how the Constitution works, right? These people's e-mails, addresses, and phone numbers are a matter of public record.

I think I have earned that right since I have put it on the line for others who would not for a Constitution and flag that will cover my casket and given to my family when I am gone.

You don't earn freedom of speech...it's your birthright.

If I choose to shoot OBL, Reid and Pelosi stick their finger in the air to check the prevailing wind. It comes out 2 ways.
1. You did your duty and are a hero.
2. You murdered a defenseless misunderstood man .

Do we know for a fact that Reid and Pelosi consider UBL a defenseless misunderstood man? I didn't think so.

3. I don't get on the elevator but let them ride up with OBL themselves and see how it turns out.

Taking the politicians out of the equation for a second, it wouldn't even cross your mind to cut UBL down to honor the dead of September 11th?

Remember, there are people of a certain political leaning that saw nothing wrong in a movie depicting President George W. Bush being assasinated,

Who said anything about GWB? We're talking about UBL.

and they secretly hoped he would die while eating pretzels

If the hoping was secret, how do you know about it? Unless of course, you were one of them.

Quoting Venus6971 (Reply 8):
I am sorry that I did not drink the Obama koolaid and think his policies will destroy our currency and way of life.

Ok, so it becomes clearer. It's all Obama's fault. He's the Anti-Christ and dies his hair gray to conceal the Mark of the Beast. So, Venus, if you were in the same room with UBL and President Obama, and you had one shot...who would get it between the eyes?

So much for freedom of speech.

Get real. Are you getting threatening phone calls in the middle of the night? Has anybody persecuted you for what you have said on this board or any other one? Do you have to talk to your friends on a secure telephone line?

windy95

Sun May 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 1):
And you're delusional if you think Pelosi or Reid feel the same way

You actually think that if Pelosi and Reid had the chance they would not tear up our Constitution and try to rule our lives. What they are trying to do now is a form of tyranny by trying to control/rule our lives. OBL and Pelosi/Reid may differ in the way they would do it but they have the same agenda. To destroy the US as we know it.

Mir

Sun May 10, 2009 8:02 pm

I am sorry that I did not drink the Obama koolaid and think his policies will destroy our currency and way of life.

Which is really irrelevant. If you think Obama's policies will destroy our currency and way of life, that is your right. But I'm still not understanding how that justifies the murder of elected officials.

So much for freedom of speech.

Explain to me how your freedom of speech has been compromised.

-Mir

santosdumont

Sun May 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Quoting Windy95 (Reply 10):
Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 1):
And you're delusional if you think Pelosi or Reid feel the same way

You actually think that if Pelosi and Reid had the chance they would not tear up our Constitution and try to rule our lives.

What evidence is there that Pelosi and Reid want to turn the United States into a totalitarian regime?

santosdumont

Sun May 10, 2009 8:12 pm

OBL and Pelosi/Reid may differ in the way they would do it but they have the same agenda. To destroy the US as we know it.

Think very hard about the validity of that comparison, Windy.

Mir

Sun May 10, 2009 8:42 pm

You actually think that if Pelosi and Reid had the chance they would not tear up our Constitution and try to rule our lives.

That may not may not be true, but if it is, it wouldn't be the first bunch with those goals. There's little doubt in my mind that Bush would have done the same if given the chance, and I'm sure the same could be said for presidents and Congresses in the past, from both parties.

But that's why the Constitution is there - power can be a dangerous thing, and it should be moderated. That there are attempts to take more power than permissable should not be all that troubling - if it wasn't going to happen, then the Constitution wouldn't be necessary. It would be troubling if they actually succeeded, but so far they haven't.

OBL and Pelosi/Reid may differ in the way they would do it but they have the same agenda. To destroy the US as we know it.

redflag  OBL wants to bring death and devestation to the US. You'll have to go very far to convince me that Pelosi and Reid want the same thing.

-Mir

2707200X

Sun May 10, 2009 8:48 pm

David Feherty is advocating the killing of elected people, this is not free speech, this is advocating assassination and that goes for ALL SIDES of the POLITICAL SPECTRUM, people who advocate the death of elected officials weather it is Pelosi, Bachmann, Obama or Bush should be thrown in jail.

And if you are in the Military etc and you advocate the killing of elected people, you should not be just kicked out you should be thrown in the brig.

It is not suprising that the right wing whack jobs waste no time supporting this thug as a purveyor of free speech.  redflag 
"And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." John Masefield Sea-Fever

max550

Sun May 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Remember GWB was a unsurper who got beat in Florida, it is okay for Liberals and Dems to protest in the streets and riot and be called heroic but if conservatives and GOP'ers have a peaceful demonstration we are called bigots and rednecks. I am sorry that I did not drink the Obama koolaid and think his policies will destroy our currency and way of life. So much for freedom of speech.

Protesting in the streets is one thing, calling for the assassination of leaders is a completely different story. I have no problem with peaceful demonstrations, you may be called bigots and rednecks, but that's how free speech works. I think I remember the anti-war protesters being called traitors, terrorist sympathizers and other things. Now that the roles are reversed the right suddenly says their rights are being taken away.

dtwclipper

Sun May 10, 2009 9:10 pm

No, I don't. I believe that that they are just as patriotic as conservatives, they love thier country and constituion just as much. They want what is best for America, as do conservatives, in fact I believe they have the same goals, the difference is the route they choose.

Quoting 2707200X (Reply 15):
And if you are in the Military etc and you advocate the killing of elected people, you should not be just kicked out you should be thrown in the brig.

checkmark   checkmark 

Obama koolaid and think his policies will destroy our currency

Don't know where you've been, but the dollar has been in the toilet for a long time now, has nothing to do with Obama.

These so-called tolerant folks are the most intolerant, racial, radicals seen on this planet.

Please tell us, who these people are, where they live, etc.,etc. As far as I can tell they are the sole creation of Limbaugh and Hannity!

If anything, I believe it is Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Levin, etc., who are tearing this country apart!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

D L X

Sun May 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Remember, there are people of a certain political leaning that saw nothing wrong in a movie depicting President George W. Bush being assasinated

redflag 
You mentioned this movie once before, and I expressly denounced it. A bunch of people did. Try as hard as you like, but we're not like you - we would not advocate the assassination of any elected official regardless of their leanings.

And regardless of political leaning, it is repulsive that a member of our armed services would dare suggest that it is okay to kill any of our elected officials. It's honestly a very good thing this dude isn't in the military anymore because there is no place for him there. Any serviceman who advocates such abominations as this is a Timothy McVeigh. He's a John Allen Mohammed. He's a Benedict Arnold. And he's a disgrace to the uniform he wears.

It is not suprising that the right wing whack jobs waste no time supporting this thug as a purveyor of free speech.

Actually, I'm surprised. I didn't think that they would ever consider this remotely appropriate. I clearly gave the people who have spoken this way too much credit.

Yellowstone

Sun May 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 18):
You mentioned this movie once before, and I expressly denounced it. A bunch of people did.

And even those of us who did not see anything wrong with the film are justified in our stance. Merely depicting the president's assassination does not imply any support for that action. The film in question was meant to explore what might occur in post-9/11 American society if the president were assassinated, which is a perfectly valid topic to discuss.
Hydrogen is an odorless, colorless gas which, given enough time, turns into people.

Mir

Sun May 10, 2009 10:24 pm

Quoting Yellowstone (Reply 19):
And even those of us who did not see anything wrong with the film are justified in our stance. Merely depicting the president's assassination does not imply any support for that action. The film in question was meant to explore what might occur in post-9/11 American society if the president were assassinated, which is a perfectly valid topic to discuss.

checkmark  I haven't seen that movie, so I can't comment on it's specific merits, but if it is what you say it is, then I have no problem with it.

As for people hoping he'll die eating a pretzel, that's just childish. I found that incident humorous, but I certainly wasn't wishing him any harm.

-Mir

HOMER71

Sun May 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Feherty is definitely out of line: Any American soldier should use the two bullets on OBL, then bitch-slap Reid and Pelosi.
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

D L X

Mon May 11, 2009 12:02 am

What makes this so sad is that these conservatives on this thread think that because they are being criticized, it must be because they are liberals.  Yeah sure

Well, I asked my father, a Republican, and a Lieutenant Colonel what he thought. He said the guy shamed the uniform.

Where are the conservatives on this board to call your own out for their bad behavior?

jetblueguy22

Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):
Then you have absolutely no business being in our military and I'm glad you are out of it now. You agree that if you had two bullets in an elevator with Reid and Pelosi that you'd use those bullets on them? What a disgusting comment. What do you think would happen if you said that to your CO?

He has no business in our miliary? How about he was in the military and faught so that he and you (not saying you made a negative comment towards the politicians) can have the right to say that.

Quoting D L X (Reply 2):
bet you were one of the people criticizing her.

Add me to the list of people criticizing her. She has done nothing but help increase the national debt substantially and show that we will not allow failure in a capitalist society.

checkmark  Perfectly put.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 17):
the dollar has been in the toilet for a long time now,

Yeah but at the rate we are printing money inflation is going to insane. Much like Nazi Germany in the late 30s.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 17):
Hannity, Beck

Honestly maybe you should watch one of their shows. Glenn Beck believes that we should follow the constitution not complete narchy and we just bomb everywhere. Same goes for Hannity. I know you aren't going to believe it but Glenn rips the right more than the left.
Blue
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

airtran737

Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 am

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Not that I am advocating the open murder of politicians.

[Edited 2009-05-10 17:44:29]
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

jpetekyxmd80

Mon May 11, 2009 12:25 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 24):
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Hmm. so you are calling democratically elected representative 'tyrants'. If we don't like what they do, we vote them out. It's really not that hard, is it?
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

airtran737

Mon May 11, 2009 12:43 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 25):
Hmm. so you are calling democratically elected representative 'tyrants'. If we don't like what they do, we vote them out. It's really not that hard, is it?

I think that democratically elected representatives can become tyrants.

jpetekyxmd80

Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 am

Stop beating around the bush with American revolution quotations, what exactly are you advocating here?

NIKV69

Mon May 11, 2009 12:59 am

David Feherty is advocating the killing of elected people, this is not free speech, this is advocating assassination and that goes for ALL SIDES of the POLITICAL SPECTRUM, people who advocate the death of elected officials weather it is Pelosi, Bachmann, Obama or Bush should be thrown in jail.

This is off base but I will say that Feherty throughout his career as a player and commentator has said the stupidest things and this was absolutely dumb and assinine. He deserves whatver happens to him.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

airtran737

Mon May 11, 2009 1:04 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 27):
Stop beating around the bush with American revolution quotations, what exactly are you advocating here?

It was just a quote, clean the sand out. I think it was along the lines of what the original poster was trying to convey. Some of you people need to lighten up and stop being so sensitive. That's whats wrong with the current state of affairs in this country, we are beginning to raise a generation of pussies with too many feelings.

jpetekyxmd80

Mon May 11, 2009 1:09 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 29):
That's whats wrong with the current state of affairs in this country, we are beginning to raise a generation of pussies with too many feelings.

I'm more worried about a generation of idiots than of pussies.

Venus6971
Topic Author

Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 am

Quoting AirTran737 (Reply 26):
I think that democratically elected representatives can become tyrants.

Remember Hitler, Chaves, Mugabe were elected.

dtwclipper

Mon May 11, 2009 1:37 am

Quoting Venus6971 (Reply 31):
Remember Hitler, Chaves, Mugabe were elected.

So, are you saying that Pelosi, Ried, and Obama are on the same level as Hitler, Chaves and Mugabe?

D L X

Mon May 11, 2009 2:15 am

you guys forget that I was a one of those guys who used to fly with these guys on their many fact finding missions so I was the fly on the wall to their conversations.

I really don't care who you WERE because when you say things like this, I know who you ARE. A whole career can careen to the ground by one action.

Quoting Jetblueguy22 (Reply 23):
He has no business in our miliary? How about he was in the military and faught so that he and you (not saying you made a negative comment towards the politicians) can have the right to say that.

No, that's nuts. I don't care how long someone has fought for my country. The instant they agree with shooting an elected official, they're done. They've shamed their uniforms.

Add me to the list of people criticizing her. She has done nothing but help increase the national debt substantially and show that we will not allow failure in a capitalist society.

How has Janet Napolitano increased our national debt?

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 28):
This is off base but I will say that Feherty throughout his career as a player and commentator has said the stupidest things and this was absolutely dumb and assinine. He deserves whatver happens to him.

Your reasonableness on this issue is noted.

jetblueguy22

Mon May 11, 2009 2:30 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 33):
How has Janet Napolitano increased our national debt?

Whoops mistakingly was thinking about Speaker Pelosi. My fault.
Blue
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

jpetekyxmd80

Mon May 11, 2009 2:41 am

Yeah but at the rate we are printing money inflation is going to insane. Much like Nazi Germany in the late 30s.

Of all the examples of much more glaring runaway inflation, why on earth pick a Nazi Germany example? Our tyrant, Nazi lawmakers.  Yeah sure

Honestly maybe you should watch one of their shows. Glenn Beck believes that we should follow the constitution not complete narchy and we just bomb everywhere. Same goes for Hannity. I know you aren't going to believe it but Glenn rips the right more than the left.

Hannity and Beck are 2 of the biggest morons around. No question. And i know a multitude of conservatives that agree with me on that. Beck is a shameless fearmonger, who has next to no credibility left. And Hannity...

http://gawker.com/5244126/obama-orde...uropean-condiment?skyline=true&s=i

Case and point.

Morons.

Venus6971
Topic Author

Mon May 11, 2009 2:43 am

Now lets say if this guy told the same "joke" but substituted the names Palin and Cheney for Reid and Pelosi? I guarantee most posters here would be responding LMAO. Don't lie, you guys have different standards as regards to Republicans than Democrats.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 32):
So, are you saying that Pelosi, Ried, and Obama are on the same level as Hitler, Chaves and Mugabe?

Since we have more or less have one party rule in DC now what would prevent them if they wanted to since they have filibuster proof majorities in both houses. I would rather have gridlock followed by bipartisianship and compromise than the GOP just showing up to color. Thank God we have alot of blue dog dems who usally vote what is good for their district/country and not their party.

I know who you ARE. A whole career can careen to the ground by one action.

Is that a invitation to "don't dare question current leadership'? or else. I remember a saying by Joseph Stalin as he lined upped his officers before a firing squad. "They were not politically correct".

D L X

Mon May 11, 2009 2:53 am

Quoting Venus6971 (Reply 36):
Now lets say if this guy told the same "joke" but substituted the names Palin and Cheney for Reid and Pelosi? I guarantee most posters here would be responding LMAO.

You would be butt-ass wrong. I would as I have in the past, stated my disdain for such comments. What is disturbing to me is that you think that because they are politicians you don't like, the comment was acceptable. If you truly live the creed you claim you do, you would find that comment repulsive, regardless of their political party.

I know who you ARE. A whole career can careen to the ground by one action.

Is that a invitation to "don't dare question current leadership'? or else

No, it's an invitation for you to retract your shameful comment where you agreed with a guy saying that a soldier would shoot an elected official. Disgraceful. My comment is not political at all, a concept that seems to escape you.

northwestair

Mon May 11, 2009 2:55 am

Eric Burns, president of Media Matters, a liberal media watchdog group, called the statements "disgusting."

I like how this guys says that this is disgusting, but you never hear him say anything about the Daily Kos. I guess Liberals don't care if they do unthinkable things against the Republican's.
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly

D L X

Mon May 11, 2009 3:02 am

Quoting Northwestair (Reply 38):
I guess Liberals don't care if they do unthinkable things against the Republican's.

Again, oft-stated BS. Don't try to hide behind some mistaken notion that liberals only hate disgusting things perpetuated by conservatives. If you don't police yourselves, you lose your credibility.

Yellowstone

Mon May 11, 2009 3:38 am

Quoting Northwestair (Reply 38):
Eric Burns, president of Media Matters, a liberal media watchdog group, called the statements "disgusting."

I like how this guys says that this is disgusting, but you never hear him say anything about the Daily Kos. I guess Liberals don't care if they do unthinkable things against the Republican's.

I'm going to guess that you don't read Daily Kos. If you did, you'd know that DK is not a monolithic source, but a community of posters (kind of like A.net, only centered around progressivism and a lot bigger). As with any community, you get a few nutjobs. However, I have never seen a front page post, or a recommended diary, calling for violence against political opponents.

Now lets say if this guy told the same "joke" but substituted the names Palin and Cheney for Reid and Pelosi? I guarantee most posters here would be responding LMAO.

This is a strategy commonly referred to as psychological projection. From Wikipedia:

Quote:
In psychology, psychological projection (or projection bias) is a defense mechanism where a person's personal attributes, unacceptable or unwanted thoughts, and/or emotions are ascribed onto another person or people. According to Wade, Tavris (2000) projection occurs when a person's own unacceptable or threatening feelings are repressed and then attributed to someone else.

Venus6971
Topic Author

Mon May 11, 2009 4:20 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 37):
You would be butt-ass wrong. I would as I have in the past, stated my disdain for such comments. What is disturbing to me is that you think that because they are politicians you don't like, the comment was acceptable. If you truly live the creed you claim you do, you would find that comment repulsive, regardless of their political party.

Because it was said as a joke , but I see that most have no sense of humor or are so super sensitive to any derogatory slite against their champion. I see our country turning more and more divisive that I really don't want to live to a old age to see it get worse.

ltbewr

Mon May 11, 2009 4:21 am

First of all, this is kind of scenario just cannot happen. OBL would be long dead by either USA or foreign soldiers.
To me this sick joke is an example of how much hatred and division we are seeing in the USA about political and social issues as well as our frustration toward too many of our elected officials and our failures in the 'war on terror'.
While this person is employed directly or indirectly by CBS network and there is freedom of speech, the network has the right to fire/dismiss someone that says something that advocates violence upon those that disagree with them. Indeed CBS could save some money and trouble by ditching him with his useless commentary and just report on the sport.

Moose135

Mon May 11, 2009 4:55 am

Now lets say if this guy told the same "joke" but substituted the names Palin and Cheney for Reid and Pelosi? I guarantee most posters here would be responding LMAO. Don't lie, you guys have different standards as regards to Republicans than Democrats.

Sorry, Venus, as much as I disagree with Palin and Cheney, and don't want to see either within 100 miles of political office, I would never think a "joke" about killing them would be appropriate.

I served in the same Air Force you did - well, at least I think I did - and I can't imagine anyone I served with publicly advocating the murder of elected officials of either party. You said that "GIs take a oath to protect and defend the Constitution" and not to a party (and thanks for the Nazi reference, that's always a nice touch). Well guess what, Members of Congress do as well - and may I add that I don't think advocating the murder of elected officials is consistent with "protecting and defending the Constitution". Sorry, but there's no way to spin this as a "harmless joke" that acceptable.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

DocLightning

Mon May 11, 2009 6:53 am

As a GI I can agree with him.

Do you realize that if I knew your name, I could report you to the authorities and what you just said could be interpreted as a specific threat against a specific person?

You just said that if you had a gun you would shoot the Speaker of the House.

That was really foolish of you. And Feherty. He's lucky he's not in hotter water.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

RussianJet

Mon May 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Blimey folks, let's take a step back shall we? I don't agree with the sentiments expressed, but he clearly wasn't being serious!
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

dtwclipper

Mon May 11, 2009 2:51 pm

Quoting RussianJet (Reply 45):
I don't agree with the sentiments expressed, but he clearly wasn't being serious!

Not really the point anymore. Many folks here are upset that the original poster finds these sentiments perfectly OK, and that is what is scary!

MUWarriors

Mon May 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Since we have more or less have one party rule in DC now what would prevent them if they wanted to since they have filibuster proof majorities in both houses. I would rather have gridlock followed by bipartisianship and compromise than the GOP just showing up to color. Thank God we have alot of blue dog dems who usally vote what is good for their district/country and not their party.

All right, this arguement (one party rule) is so played out it's obnoxious. First even with a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, majority in the House (there is no filibuster in the House, it's a Senate tool), and the Presidency the Democrats still don't have a 2/3's majority in either house to pass an amendment. Finally even if they were to able to get 67 seats in the Senate and 292 seats in the House during the next election, they would still need 3/4's of the states to pass any amendment brought forward, meaning 13 states would need to oppose it and it dies. In other words, all this talk of one party rule is completely moot, and easily remedied if the opposition party(ies) could get their shit together and win an election. It's almost as if the Constitution was designed to avoid one party rule, unlike the Constitutions of Zimbabwe, Venezuela and Nazi Germany...

RussianJet

Mon May 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 46):
Not really the point anymore. Many folks here are upset that the original poster finds these sentiments perfectly OK, and that is what is scary!

Because they've taken the whole thing waaaaay too seriously.

If he even slightly meant it, then clearly it would be outrageous and totally wrong. He clearly didn't though.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

windy95

Mon May 11, 2009 5:22 pm

Quoting MUWarriors (Reply 47):
It's almost as if the Constitution was designed to avoid one party rule

But if you do not even look at the Constitution and have a Supreme Court that creates things out of thin air you do not need the states. That is why the Liberals believe in a living Constitution. The term living means that they can shape it into any form they want to fit there needs. And all they need is a willing accomplice in the supreme court tp go along with it.