Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Superfly

RE: June Self Pic Thread

Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:43 am

Quoting AirPacific747 (Reply 145):
I flew this aircraft at Attitude Aviation a little outside San Francisco.. Man was that fun! Big grin Pulled up to 6 positive Gs and 3 negative Gs..!!

WOW, I think I saw you! Big grin
Bring back the Concorde

AirPacific747

Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 150):
WOW, I think I saw you! 

Really?  Smile Where were you? It was close to Mount Diablo if you know where that is, although I'm sure you do!

varigb707

Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:53 pm

Big version: Width: 400 Height: 480 File size: 19kb
Euless,2009

Big version: Width: 159 Height: 240 File size: 21kb
Copenhagen,1986
First, I said 'hey' and then I said 'now'. "Hey Now!" - Hank K.

Curtisman

Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:45 pm

It's been forever since I've uploaded a pic - so here goes - the most recent I can find - taken in Zurich May 30, 2009.

Big version: Width: 1280 Height: 960 File size: 347kb

Cheers!
Len
Citizen of the World

n229nw

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:00 am

Quoting PlateMan (Reply 51):
invited my friends and I

Quoting Mayor (Reply 53):
A pic of the wife and I,

Quoting EA772LR (Reply 58):
My mother and I

Sorry to add this total grammar nazi post, but I could not control my grammar nazi urges. Actually this is the only grammar mistake that really annoys me: It is "a picture of me," not "a picture of I." (Me is the object of the preposition of.) Thus it is "a picture of my friends/wife/mother and me" not "a picture of my friends/wife/mother and I." Similarly: "invited me" not "invited I"-- so: "invited my friends and me."

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread....sorry again.

PS:

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 105):
Turning to Wall Street now, the value of SnowGlobe, Inc stock skyrocketed again today due to ever increasing demand for it's products. Sources close to company officials report that while pleased, company executives are as of yet still unable to explain the spikes in demand.

rotfl 
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Ryanair!!!

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:43 am

Quoting N229NW (Reply 154):

Sorry to add this total grammar nazi post, but I could not control my grammar nazi urges. Actually this is the only grammar mistake that really annoys me: It is "a picture of me," not "a picture of I." (Me is the object of the preposition of.) Thus it is "a picture of my friends/wife/mother and me" not "a picture of my friends/wife/mother and I." Similarly: "invited me" not "invited I"-- so: "invited my friends and me."

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread....sorry again.

PS:

This only applies to American English, doesn't it?
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

vaporlock

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:19 am

Quoting CurtisMan (Reply 153):
taken in Zurich

Len, wowie....your sure travelling around the world!!!

Great to see you and hope your having a great time!

Vaps  bouncy 

n229nw

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:56 am

Quoting Ryanair!!! (Reply 155):

This only applies to American English, doesn't it?

Absolutely not. English has two cases for pronouns, subject and object. The subject case is I, he, she, we, they. The object case is me, him, her, us, them. You is the same in both cases. It is true in all forms of standard English (not counting certain dialects and patois)

The thing is that people "over-correct" to sound educated and they don't realize it. Kids are corrected for saying "Me and him went to the store" when it is "He and I went." So far, so good, because it is "He went" and "I went" (the subject of the verb). But then sometimes the same people "correct" kids for saying "between you and me" or "of him and me" (which are already correct, because the pronouns are objects, not subjects here). You can always test which case is actually right by taking away the other thing and seeing what pronoun you would use if it is all alone. ("He went," "I went," so "he and I went"; "gave it to me," "gave it to him," so "gave it to him and me," etc.)

I guess people saying "I" or "he" when it should be "me" or "him" just annoys be because it results from someone pretentious but wrong "correcting" kids...

Anyway...
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Curtisman

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Quoting Vaporlock (Reply 156):
Len, wowie....your sure travelling around the world!!!

Great to see you and hope your having a great time!

Vaps

Having a blast! Actually I've flown over the Atlantic 6 times in the past 6 weeks. How crazy is that? But in 3 weeks I'm flying over the Pacific to China, taking the Trans-Siberia Railway across China, Mongolia and Russia. Then flying to Warsaw and Paris and from there I'll fly home over the Atlantic - so an around the world trip of which a lot of it is by train.

And in keeping with the theme - I'll add 2 more pics.

This is me at Base Camp in Tibet - the peak of Mount Everest is just behind me appearing through the clouds. (It's hard not to squint and breathe as the sun is extremely intense and the oxygen lacking at 5 200 metres ASL.)

Big version: Width: 600 Height: 800 File size: 131kb

This is me on a hike in Antarctica - bottom of the world!

Big version: Width: 640 Height: 480 File size: 75kb
Citizen of the World

skygirl

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Quoting CurtisMan (Reply 153):
taken in Zurich May 30, 2009

That's so cool! I haven't been to Zurich in almost 2 years now (so sad). I'm hoping to go back in July, if everything works out with my schedule.
...Now they face an even greater danger...Tyrannousaurs in F-14's!!

deltairlines

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 am

Ok, not the greatest photo of me, but it's still fun. Me opening an overwing exit on an MD-88 mockup at Delta's flight attendant training complex. About 40 of us FlyerTalkers got to take a 3 day tour of Delta's HQ, and Saturday when we went through Road Warrior Training (where we learned how to open emergency exits and ditch out a plane) was incredibly fun.

sq_ek_freak

Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:17 am

So after some badgering from my best mate, I'm putting his picture up too, he does post enough on these forums (under another username) but he can't seem to figure it out for himself! From his days at Virgin Blue before jumping ship to EK  Smile

Big version: Width: 250 Height: 359 File size: 80kb
Keep Discovering

fca767

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Quoting CurtisMan (Reply 158):
This is me at Base Camp in Tibet - the peak of Mount Everest is just behind me appearing through the clouds. (It's hard not to squint and breathe as the sun is extremely intense and the oxygen lacking at 5 200 metres ASL

For a minute I thought "What are those little yellow things on the floor..." Oh they are Big Tents far away but low down Big grin Really funny Perspective from me  Smile