thebatman

RE: Barack Obama - One Term President?

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:05 pm

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 1):
someone as leader who actually knows that Africa is a continent.

Obama: "Over the last fifteen months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states, I think — one left to go."

Last time I checked, we only had 50...

Man the day that happens, is the day I move to Canada.

They already have socialized medicine up there, so that's a win-win for you!
Aircraft mechanics - because pilots need heroes too!

max550

Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 47):
The government take over of GM and Chrysler, handing them over to the unions, and firing the CEO of GM. The "stimulus package" that has thrown 3M people out of work and has increased unemployment. The printing press that are running overtime in Fort Worth (printing dollars) that will cause inflation. The letting black panthers go after they intimidated voters in Philly during the last election, ACORN's voter registration. Hiring ACORN to do the US Cenceses. The AF-1 fly over photo op. The taking Michell on a date to NYC at hugh tax payer expense. The deficit spending since he has been in office is more than the US government has ever spent.

We should have liquidated GM and Chrysler, gotten rid of all those jobs, and then not done the stimulus because it threw people out of work? Interesting idea. I'm not sure who's been thrown out of work because of the stimulus though. If anything your next statement shows it keeps people at work, all the people getting their OT printing more money.

As for the black panthers in Philly, if there was voter intimidation why wasn't it prosecuted? I know the right has lots of lawyers to look into these things, it's weird that they have enough evidence to convince you but not a judge. Same thing with ACORN, although I think that in some instances people were prosecuted, which is exactly the way it should work. Until I see actual evidence of fraud this stuff is no different than Al Sharpton in Ohio in '04. Why didn't he get the kind of coverage ACORN and the black panthers are getting?

The AF-1 flyover was stupid because of where it was, but I see it doing touch and goes at MDT all the time, during both Bush and Obama's terms, is that any less expensive than flying to NYC? As for the date with Michelle, how do you think it should have been done? A convoy of cars driving up I-95, closing or slowing the road for hours? That would have avoided all the outrage, right?  Yeah sure

Your last point, about the deficit spending being the most ever, that was going to happen no matter who became President.

cws818

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Didn't BHO read any newspapers, or watch any news of TV last year? He knew all about all the problems that Bush didn't have time left to work on, and Bush worked on Presidential problems right up to 12:00 pm on 20 Jan. 2009.

Of course he did. However, the problems kept on mounting as Bush's time in office dwindled. And if, as you say, Bush was hard at work on all these problems, why didn't he solve them or get more done?
volgende halte...Station Hollands Spoor

AGM100

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:57 pm

Personaly I am not focused on the President .... I am looking towards congress. A big house cleaning in 2010 ( including Rhinos ) .

I really believe that the President would be far better served without the crazies he inherited in congress. He has "fairly" good political skills .... he could put them too good use battling with congress. Right now the sand seems to be shifting under his feet ... and he is up against some wild left wingers in congress.

Like Clinton , he needs a chance to come back to the center without having to battle with the dead heads in congress. If President Obama can move back to the center, which will revive the economy ... he could get a second term.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

fr8mech

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 53):
he needs a chance to come back to the center

How can he come back to the center? He was never there. He would need to go where he has never been. He hoodwinked a lot of tired or gullible or apathetic or 'change-minded' or just plain stupid people into thinking he was going to be bi-partisan. His idea of bi-partisan is 'do it my way or I'll do it anyway because I won'.

He is out of his element. The job is too big for him. He is ill served by his advisors and The Congress isn't helping (not that it's their job to help or hinder).

Quoting Max550 (Reply 51):
We should have liquidated GM and Chrysler, gotten rid of all those jobs, and then not done the stimulus because it threw people out of work? Interesting idea. I'm not sure who's been thrown out of work because of the stimulus though. If anything your next statement shows it keeps people at work, all the people getting their OT printing more money.

No. WE shouldn't have done anything. If Chrysler and GM and Ford and Citicorp and the others failed, then let them fail. Yup, people will lose jobs, but someone will take up the slack if the economy is growing. Government's function in the economy is to maintain a level playing field and allow free enterprise and free exchange. Not play favorites and decide which firms/industries get to survive and which fail. That is how the free market works. It has served us fairly well for well over 200 years.

And what about Stimulus? What has that done for the economy? Since it passed hundreds of thousands, if not millions, have lost their jobs. We've increased the beaurocracy and the deficit to no gain. What was the percentage of Stimulus that was actually stimulating? 12% or something like that. What was the rest? Growth of government and pork.

he could get a second term.

It pains me to say this, but what will get him a second term is a right-of-center Congress that will effectively check his agenda where necessary. I would grudgingly accept a second Obama term if the next 3 congresses were solidly conservative.

Quoting Max550 (Reply 26):
Obama is 100% responsible for the economy we have now.

Like it or not, the economy now belongs to Obama, not only because he is The President, but because he pushed for and signed Stimulus.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

cws818

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:57 pm

Quoting Fr8Mech (Reply 54):
No. WE shouldn't have done anything. If Chrysler and GM and Ford and Citicorp and the others failed, then let them fail. Yup, people will lose jobs, but someone will take up the slack if the economy is growing.

The economy was not growing, though.
volgende halte...Station Hollands Spoor

ER757

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Quoting Ipodguy7 (Reply 33):
I pray to God that he will be a one term president, if he hasn't destroyed America and seized absolute power by then.

That's a bit melodramatic, isn't it? I heard folks on the far left saying the exact same things about Bush when he was in office. America's gonna be just fine, so you can relax a little.

Quoting QXatFAT (Reply 36):
Either a Moderate Democrat will be elected after him or a Moderate Republican.

In 2012, I can't see any other Democrat because it would be extremely unlikely that if BHO wanted to run for a 2nd term that he woudn't get the democratic nomination.

I am looking towards congress. A big house cleaning in 2010

Absolutely - I am in the "re-elect" no one camp. Seems that over the past eight to ten years, all the members of congress are interested in is votig against anything the other party introduces. It's time to get some folks in there that are willing to reach across the aisle and comprimise. This will make far for diffrence in how the country is run that who is or isn't POTUS

AGM100

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:33 pm

How can he come back to the center? He was never there

Now wait a second .... he was just hanging around with those elements " learning " how to be bi partisan.  duck 

Actually President Obama says that in his book ... he says that he hung out with the Marxists , communists , Republicans , Democrats etc ... in order to learn there positions . It makes for a good politician. Puts one in good position to be able to please everyone . Nothing wrong with it in my opinion ... but he is definitely falling over to the left at this point.

kc135topboom

Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Quoting Thebatman (Reply 50):
Obama: "Over the last fifteen months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states, I think — one left to go."

Last time I checked, we only had 50...

New math.

Quoting Max550 (Reply 51):
The government take over of GM and Chrysler, handing them over to the unions, and firing the CEO of GM. The "stimulus package" that has thrown 3M people out of work and has increased unemployment. The printing press that are running overtime in Fort Worth (printing dollars) that will cause inflation. The letting black panthers go after they intimidated voters in Philly during the last election, ACORN's voter registration. Hiring ACORN to do the US Cenceses. The AF-1 fly over photo op. The taking Michell on a date to NYC at hugh tax payer expense. The deficit spending since he has been in office is more than the US government has ever spent.

As for the black panthers in Philly, if there was voter intimidation why wasn't it prosecuted? I know the right has lots of lawyers to look into these things, it's weird that they have enough evidence to convince you but not a judge. Same thing with ACORN, although I think that in some instances people were prosecuted, which is exactly the way it should work. Until I see actual evidence of fraud this stuff is no different than Al Sharpton in Ohio in '04. Why didn't he get the kind of coverage ACORN and the black panthers are getting?

The AF-1 flyover was stupid because of where it was, but I see it doing touch and goes at MDT all the time, during both Bush and Obama's terms, is that any less expensive than flying to NYC? As for the date with Michelle, how do you think it should have been done? A convoy of cars driving up I-95, closing or slowing the road for hours? That would have avoided all the outrage, right?

Your last point, about the deficit spending being the most ever, that was going to happen no matter who became President.

Did you buy a 2009 GM or Chrysler model this year, before either filed for bankruptcy protection? That would have helped them. But no instead WE bought both companies, then handed them over to the unions to run. I went out and bought a Ford.

The black panthers were on trial in federal court when Obama's Justice Dept dropped all charges in June of this year, Google it and see. The "right" no longer controls the Justice Dept. the wacko left does now (the same left Justice who has decided that terrorists captured on the battlefield now will have their marander rights read to them, including the right to remain silent). Congress signed off on the WH and ACORN running the cenceses. Even Al Sharpton is more acceptable than Obama, to me. Bush managed to find ways to take Laura on dates while he was in office, and it didn't disrupt the entire east coast. As for the deficit being higher simply because we have a new POTUS, that is an unacceptable answer. No one is forcing BHO to sign those bills Congress passes, no one is forcing BHO to support those bills while they are in Congress. I doubt we would ever be talking about a McCain health care bill that will put our grandchildren in bankruptcy.

Quoting Cws818 (Reply 52):
Didn't BHO read any newspapers, or watch any news of TV last year? He knew all about all the problems that Bush didn't have time left to work on, and Bush worked on Presidential problems right up to 12:00 pm on 20 Jan. 2009.

Of course he did. However, the problems kept on mounting as Bush's time in office dwindled. And if, as you say, Bush was hard at work on all these problems, why didn't he solve them or get more done?

He began work on the banking crises in October, he signed the last two bills passed by Congress in November and December.

Personaly I am not focused on the President .... I am looking towards congress. A big house cleaning in 2010

Me to, but I will always keep one eye on Obama, I don't trust him.

Like Clinton , he needs a chance to come back to the center without having to battle with the dead heads in congress. If President Obama can move back to the center, which will revive the economy ...

No, that won't happen. Obama isn't the polished politician Clinton was. Obama is owned by to many far left groups, they will never let him moderate any of his positions. Look at the yelling the left wing groups did after Obama said he wanted to look forward and not prosicute the Bush Administration. After just two days he flip-floped on that.

Obama is a lier.

AGM100

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 pm

How can he come back to the center? He was never there

Now wait a second .... he was just hanging around with those elements " learning " how to be bi partisan.  duck 

Actualy President Obama says that in his book ... he says that he hung out with the Marxists , communists , Republicans , Democrats etc ... in order to learn there positions . It makes for a good politician. Puts one in good position to be able to please everyone . Nothing wrong with it in my opinion ... but he is definatly falling over to the left at this point.

fr8mech

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:46 am

Quoting Cws818 (Reply 55):
The economy was not growing, though.

You're right it was not growing and Stimulus aborted any growth that was going to happen. But I still stand, that if they needed to close up they should have. But, they wouldn't have closed up, they would've have reorganized, like countless airlines and others. Some would have lost jobs. Some would have stayed on. Other manufacturers, probabaly foreign, would have stepped in and taken up any slack in supply when demand came back.

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 58):
Did you buy a 2009 GM or Chrysler model this year, before either filed for bankruptcy protection? That would have helped them. But no instead WE bought both companies, then handed them over to the unions to run. I went out and bought a Ford.

I've got a new (May) Ford Flex in my driveway.

WarRI1

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:04 am

Quoting Fr8Mech (Reply 60):
I've got a new (May) Ford Flex in my driveway.

I may not agree with all you say, but I will give you an atta-boy for buying American. Good selection.

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 58):
I went out and bought a Ford.

Same, good selection. Buy American.  bigthumbsup 

Just my humble American opinion of course.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

austinairport

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:11 am

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 23):
boarder.

I've looked all over. Google, maps, even checked my local library, and I just cant find the "boarder."

I pray to God that he will be a one term president, if he hasn't destroyed America and seized absolute power by then.

I know right! He's so evil! Oh, and he's black so that's strike two!
Give me a break.
Explain to me how he is "seizing all the power" and then we'll talk.  Big grin

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 35):
I love how the left here just say things that make no sense just to bash us. You forget you don't need any republican votes to pass anything you want? Just like your health care bill that has zero chance because how many Dems will not vote for it? Just once I would love a thread without the propaganda here.

Then why are most Republicans pushing for 90+ votes? Hmm.. oh yeah, because they are corrupt politicians, who got the taste of lobbyist money, and never looked back.
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

WarRI1

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:36 am

Quoting AustinAirport (Reply 62):
I've looked all over. Google, maps, even checked my local library, and I just cant find the "boarder."

One has to remember, that we all make mistakes, typo's are common, even I make them, hard to believe, I know. Top Boom hit an extra 'a' in border. Someone else missed an apostrophe in cant. "Example" I just can't find the border.  Smile  Smile

sw733

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:38 am

And besides, who would be elected besides Obama?

When Bush was starting his second term, is there really anyone who though Obama would be the next President? The point is, our next President could be Obama (2nd term), or someone none of us can think of yet.

WarRI1

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:47 am

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 63):
One has to remember, that we all make mistakes, typo's are common, even I make them, hard to believe, I know. Top Boom hit an extra 'a' in border. Someone else missed an apostrophe in cant. "Example" I just can't find the border.

See what I mean! Look at all those comma's.  ashamed 

rootsair

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:31 am

. Man the day that happens, is the day I move to Canada. I hear they have a pretty good gov't, and someone as leader who actually knows that Africa is a continent.

How many people didn't say that if bush was reelected...and actually I'm sure no one did it  Smile

Regards BM  airplane  wave 
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

EGTESkyGod

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 29):
Yeah that's the nickname of a legendary baseball player. And it's Yogi Berra.

I know... I saw... It just looked like Yogi Bear, hence my thought it was a joke... but then...

Quoting N229NW (Reply 31):
The character Yogi Bear was named after the baseball player "yoggi" Berra...

... You learn something new every day I guess...
I came, I saw, I Concorde! www.gofundme.com/lineupandwait

kc135topboom

Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 57):
Actually President Obama says that in his book ... he says that he hung out with the Marxists , communists , Republicans , Democrats etc ... in order to learn there positions . It makes for a good politician. Puts one in good position to be able to please everyone . Nothing wrong with it in my opinion ... but he is definitely falling over to the left at this point.

I agree, partially. It is good to listen to all points of view before you decide where your politics will be. It is just that BHO chose the wrong way to go.

Quoting Fridgmus (Reply 22):
Man the day that happens, is the day I move to Canada.

Didn't a bunch of so-called celebrities say that when GWB got elected and then re-elected? I'll help you pack my friend!!!

Yes, they did, I will also help FuturePilot16 pack, I'll even bring my truck and drive him to the boarder.

boarder.

Oops, sorry.

I know right! He's so evil! Oh, and he's black so that's strike two!
Give me a break.
Explain to me how he is "seizing all the power" and then we'll talk.

Well, maybe that is your opinion that he has two strikes against him. I don't judge him based on his skin color, to bad you do. He has just one strike, as far as I'm concerned, that is the "stimulus debt" he piled onto us. His second strike will come if he signs the health bill into law.

Quoting SW733 (Reply 64):
And besides, who would be elected besides Obama?

When Bush was starting his second term, is there really anyone who though Obama would be the next President?

Yes, many within the DNC saw him as a raising star of the Democratic party. Then he was an IL State Senator, running for the US Senate in 2006. He gave the key note speech at the 2004 DNC Convention in Boston, that gave him his first national exposure, and a lot of Dems began thinking he should run for POTUS, although how many thought that for 2008 may be in doubt. In 2004, many Dems thought 2008 would be Hillery's turn to become the nominee.

austinairport

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 63):
One has to remember, that we all make mistakes, typo's are common, even I make them, hard to believe, I know. Top Boom hit an extra 'a' in border. Someone else missed an apostrophe in cant. "Example" I just can't find the border.

LOL. My Blackberry always puts it in for me!
 Big grin Dang you netbook!

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 68):
Well, maybe that is your opinion that he has two strikes against him. I don't judge him based on his skin color, to bad you do. He has just one strike, as far as I'm concerned, that is the "stimulus debt" he piled onto us. His second strike will come if he signs the health bill into law.

Hmm, I like the man, and yet I'm judging him by color?
No.
Gay
Straight
Black
White
Atheist
Theist.
It doesn't matter. In my eyes, we're all just people.
Whoever said you can do anything you set your mind to has obviously never tried to slam a revolving door!!!

fr8mech

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:28 am

Quoting AustinAirport (Reply 69):
No.
Gay
Straight
Black
White
Atheist
Theist.

Then why did you bring up the fact that he's black?

No one else alluded to it.

kc135topboom

Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:42 am

Quoting AustinAirport (Reply 69):
Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 68):

No.
Gay
Straight
Black
White
Atheist
Theist.

Then why would you even write this? Even sarcasticly?

He's so evil! Oh, and he's black so that's strike two!

austinairport

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 71):

I'm from the South. I see it nearly everyday. People with seething bitter rage, that a black man is president! God Forbid.
It makes me sick that we still have prejudices, even in this day and age.  Sad

fxramper

Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Sure, I'll bite and agree with it (for now). Some drastic things need to happen to assure he'll even be given a shot at re-election (Hillary wants it). Every other day the news airs Obama's slumping approval with a ZogbyRasmussenApUSnews poll. Love how the prez hasn't discussed health care suppression since his pre-recorded speech on 22 Aug. He's got Banjo Jones, Biden, Rangerl, and the the ObamaCare supporter who bite a finger off a protester doing his talking for him. BTW, Obama has taken more time off, at this point, than any president in history.

bmacleod

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 3):
Now, it all depends on who ends up being the Republican front-runner, but assuming that Republicans can put up somebody solid, it looks like a 1-term presidency.

As long as he stays above 50% Obama should be safe. In the 2004 election Bush's popularitry dipped to 50% and he just slid by Kerry.

Also this is only the first year of Obama's presidency. The economy should bounce back by next year or at least start growing again.

If Sarah Palin is crazy enough to run in 2012, it'll be a repeat of Reagan vs Mondale in 1984...
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

baroque

Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:32 pm

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 43):
Tunnel vison is rampant on here at times.

Tunnel vision is too wide angle for that to hold, WADR WarRI1.  angel 

kc135topboom

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Quoting AustinAirport (Reply 72):
I'm from the South. I see it nearly everyday. People with seething bitter rage, that a black man is president! God Forbid.
It makes me sick that we still have prejudices, even in this day and age.

I live in Texas, too, in Fort Worth. I don't see it very often. Fort Worth is a solid Republican town. Austin, TX is a solid Democrat town. Could that be the difference? I agree with you that we still have prejudice people around, and that is sickening.

Quoting Fxramper (Reply 73):
BTW, Obama has taken more time off, at this point, than any president in history.

The more time he takes off, the less he'll do to us.  duck   duck   duck 

Quoting Bmacleod (Reply 74):
As long as he stays above 50% Obama should be safe. In the 2004 election Bush's popularitry dipped to 50% and he just slid by Kerry.

Bush won by more than 3,000,000 votes, not a landslide, but hardly a squeeker, either. Kerry was at least man enough to not challenge the Ohio results, which turned out to be correct anyway.  Yeah sure

If Sarah Palin is crazy enough to run in 2012, it'll be a repeat of Reagan vs Mondale in 1984...

Wow, do you really think Palin can get more than 525 electiorial votes to Obama only getting 13? You 'da man.  bigthumbsup 

JBirdAV8r

Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:23 pm

I'm from the South. I see it nearly everyday. People with seething bitter rage, that a black man is president

I'm from the South and I never see it.

The people I see seething with bitter rage about the way our country is being run would be just as upset whether it was Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Howard Dean, John Kerry, etc. in the White House. All this racism business that's been brought up by the left is a cheap excuse and a potshot to invalidate the feelings of more right-leaning people.

::cough:: red herring ::cough::
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

PPVRA

Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:01 am

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 77):

I'm from the South. I see it nearly everyday. People with seething bitter rage, that a black man is president

I live in Georgia and I don't see anything like that, either.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

CALTECH

Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:43 pm

It makes me sick that we still have prejudices, even in this day and age.

From the south too, and AustinAirport is right, there are a lot of African Americans with a seething bitter rage that a half black/half white man is president, see it everyday. Just do not understand it. Any more of HIS recovery/stimulus/cashforclunkers/health care/unemployment/ /job losses/record deficit, he will be a one termer. Can't afford him and his plans.
You are here.

austinairport

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 76):
I live in Texas, too, in Fort Worth. I don't see it very often. Fort Worth is a solid Republican town. Austin, TX is a solid Democrat town. Could that be the difference? I agree with you that we still have prejudice people around, and that is sickening.

I'm from Bell County. The County seat being Belton.
I see it everyday. Some of my "acquaintances" at school say stuff like "I want him dead."
It's just little remarks like that, that I hear everyday, that make me hate this state, even with all its beauty, race is still a problem here..

The people I see seething with bitter rage about the way our country is being run would be just as upset whether it was Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Howard Dean, John Kerry, etc. in the White House. All this racism business that's been brought up by the left is a cheap excuse and a potshot to invalidate the feelings of more right-leaning people.

LOL. Dude. I'm not saying that EVERYONE who doesn't agree with Barack Obama is a racist! I promise! But you can't deny that, for some people at least, it is a big issue.
As long as people disagree with him, and the left for that matter, I'm fine with it.
Everyone has their right to their own political ideas. I understand that.  Smile

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 78):
I live in Georgia and I don't see anything like that, either.

Hmm........

kc135topboom

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:25 pm

The people I see seething with bitter rage about the way our country is being run would be just as upset whether it was Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Howard Dean, John Kerry, etc. in the White House.

Correct. The "disagreement" we have with BHO has nothing to do with his race.

All this racism business that's been brought up by the left is a cheap excuse and a potshot to invalidate the feelings of more right-leaning people.

Correct. People who automaticlly say "you don't agree with Obama because you are a racist" are idiots, and racists themselves.

Quoting AustinAirport (Reply 80):
Some of my "acquaintances" at school say stuff like "I want him dead."
It's just little remarks like that, that I hear everyday, that make me hate this state, even with all its beauty, race is still a problem here..

I'm willing to bet that these things you hear are not from very many people overall. There atre rasists around, including in TX, but by far the majority, I'm guessing better than 98%, are not racists.

I'm not saying that EVERYONE who doesn't agree with Barack Obama is a racist! I promise! But you can't deny that, for some people at least, it is a big issue.

For a few people, agreed.

As long as people disagree with him, and the left for that matter, I'm fine with it.
Everyone has their right to their own political ideas. I understand that.

Correct.

Dreadnought

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:28 pm

The votes for Bush were as much against Kerry. A lot of people couldn't stand the sanctimonious prick. Mitt Romney evokes some of the same feelings. Like I said, if the GOP can offer a solid, articulate conservative, Obama will have little chance, IMHO
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

bmacleod

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:29 am

Wow, do you really think Palin can get more than 525 electiorial votes to Obama only getting 13? You 'da man.

Sorry, Palin would be in Mondale's shoes...
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

L-188

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:39 am

Quoting Bmacleod (Reply 83):
Wow, do you really think Palin can get more than 525 electiorial votes to Obama only getting 13? You 'da man.

Sorry, Palin would be in Mondale's shoes...

No, she would be Ronald Reagan, vs. Jimmy Carter. That being said I don't see her winning a republican primary at this time.

This country will be much better off after we can get Obama tossed from the office he is illegally holding.

The good news is that the public is starting to see through the false accusations of racisim against Obama if you even critize him. There are numerous exmples of this out here including being made by some of the left-wing zealots here.

Obama clearly is turning into an even worse version of Carter.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Longhornmaniac

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:45 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 84):
the office he is illegally holding.

rotfl 

You know you have no credibility when you say something like that, right?

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

L-188

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:47 am

Quoting Longhornmaniac (Reply 85):
You know you have no credibility when you say something like that, right?

Cheers,
Cameron

Obama has no credibility when he speaks......PERIOD.

Why are you giving me a hard time?
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Longhornmaniac

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:54 am

Quoting L-188 (Reply 86):

Obama has no credibility when he speaks......PERIOD.

Entirely subjective. I disagree. See how that works? I don't think he's done everything right thus far, but he's also only 1/8th of the way into his presidency...

Quoting L-188 (Reply 86):
Why are you giving me a hard time?

Because you're perpetuating blatant lies to support your ridiculously partisan rhetoric.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron