Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

futurepilot16
Topic Author

FoxNews Producer Rallies A Protest Crowd

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:49 am

You know what, the guy in this video is right. I want to know how many A-net members still thinks fox news is a legitimate "news" agency, because this video proves you wrong, by a long shot. Can anyone say propaganda?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkOKVw2TcBs&feature=channel

I meant to put this in non-aviation, request it be moved

[Edited 2009-09-21 21:50:46]

FX1816

RE: FoxNews Producer Rallies A Protest Crowd

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:53 am

Dude you need to get a life. There are more important things to worry about than this.

FX1816

N104UA

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 am

This needs to be moved to non-av
but here is my opinion

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Thread starter):
I want to know how many A-net members still thinks fox news is a legitimate "news" agency, because this video proves you wrong, by a long shot.

Fixed News or Fox Noise what ever you prefer it to be called it is a republican propaganda network that all it wants to do is get President Obama out of office.

Can anyone say propaganda?

PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flynlr

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:17 am

If I Want Propaganda. I will watch the so called. MSM.

now this is related to civil aviation how>?

JBirdAV8r

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:38 am

Fox News doesn't make any bones about being "in the tank" for the right wing.

CNN and MSNBC just do it for the other side in a different way--through selective article publishing, "commentary" from "neutral" sources, creatively worded journalism, etc. Two different approaches that accomplish the same goals. As long as the news is reported by humans, it will be biased. That's a fact of life and it cannot/will not change.

But here you go again, FuturePilot16, just talking to hear your head rattle...

max550

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:22 pm

Quoting JBirdAV8r (Reply 4):
Fox News doesn't make any bones about being "in the tank" for the right wing.

Wouldn't their slogans imply otherwise?

As long as the news is reported by humans, it will be biased. That's a fact of life and it cannot/will not change.

There's a difference between biased reporting and influencing the story.

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:15 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 5):

Am I to think that you believe that CNN or other networks have never whooped up their background audiences?

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Quoting FX1816 (Reply 1):
Dude you need to get a life. There are more important things to worry about than this.

FX1816

But here you go again, FuturePilot16, just talking to hear your head rattle...

Why don't I ever see you two FX1816 and JBirdAV84 say things like that when your Republican friends that post on here say similar things?

Quoting Max550 (Reply 5):

Exactly right! Reporters are supposed to report, not create news.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 6):
Am I to think that you believe that CNN or other networks have never whooped up their background audiences?

At a PROTEST?! Dude, Fox News is ORGANIZING the protest. They are MAKING the "news"! Their mission is to tell their viewers (mostly conservatives) what they are supposed to think. No, I do not believe any other news outlet does this.

Quoting Flynlr (Reply 3):
If I Want Propaganda. I will watch the so called. MSM.

What a crock. You don't think Fox News is mainstream? I love how Rush has all these conservatives thinking they are the underclass and that the whole media is out to get them when conservatives actually dominate the media.

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 7):
At a PROTEST?! Dude, Fox News is ORGANIZING the protest. They are MAKING the "news"! Their mission is to tell their viewers (mostly conservatives) what they are supposed to think. No, I do not believe any other news outlet does this.

Oh bullcrap. Do you know what "organizing a protest" means? Did fox call the DC police and ask for permission for a rally? Did Fox organize or pay for all the websites and other groups that organized locally, recieved contributions, hired buses and brought people to DC? No they didn't, unless you have evidence that you have been keeping from the rest of the world.

BTW, I've been cruising the democraticunderground.com site - they are frothing at the mouth!

Quote:
This is an opportunity...inciting the public to riots and possible cause of civil strive maybe a civil war. They have gone too far....the station that is fair and balanced. Is this treasonous? Usining journalizts to create potential racial/civil war??? This is wrong, and the FBI, secret service and CIA..whoever has commection should arrest and prosecute.

So who are the fascists here?

dtwclipper

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 8):

So who are the fascists here

Fox and their so called "protesters".

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 9):
Fox and their so called "protesters".

Hmmm. Let's see - one side is excercising their right to free speech, and not hurting anyone (not a single arrest that day). The other side wants the protesters tried for treason and incitement to civil war, and of racism on top of that.

Think again.

max550

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 6):

It's wrong no matter who does it. Show me CNN or someone else doing it and I'll say the same thing I just said about this one.
Am I to think that you believe it's alright for Fox to do it because CNN or other networks may have done the same thing in the past?

EMBQA

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:40 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 7):

You mean like George Bush's letter from the Texas Air National Guard..?

The funny part about all this.. it's been going on since the day the news first started getting reported. It goes back 200 years plus

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:52 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 11):
Am I to think that you believe it's alright for Fox to do it because CNN or other networks may have done the same thing in the past?

No, I don't think that. But I think that people are hyping this thing to mean something it does not. The crew at the scene wanted a lively audience behind the presenter, and they got it. Did they get it by generic yells of, "let's hear you!, we're going live, I can't hear you" and so on, or were they making speeches about Obama being born in Kenya, No to Universal Healthcare, etc.?

If it was the first, I have no problem with that. I would have a problem about the second case. Watching the tape, I couldn't hear her say anything above the crowd - all she was doing is waving her arms. Is that so bad? Did all the news crews stand rigidly at events like the million man march, or last year's democratic convention? I remember that one network get a lot of heat at the convention for being blatantly partisan with the crowd (was it CNN, I can't remember). And then you had Chris Matthews cumming in his pants...

By the way, apparently the producer in question was disciplined by Fox almost immediately after the event, and far before this tape ever came to light. I don't exactly know what for (inappropriate arm-waving?).

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Quoting FX1816 (Reply 1):

FX1816

First of all, in my opinion this is very important, when you have a propoganda channel masquerading as a prominent news source, it is important, and it was my mistake to put it in the civil-av forum. Second, it was one in the morning, I just got done with some work and found this video, so please save the "get a life" rant for somebody else,

dxing

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 7):

It would have been interesting to hear just what Jenkins was saying then as opposed to the run on commentary from the wannabe in the video. Perhaps then we could have gotten some context as to why they were ginning up the crowd and as to what he was reporting? Unfortunately the video is anything but fair and balanced!  scratchchin 

max550

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 13):
If it was the first, I have no problem with that.

Why? That's not what news reporters are supposed to do, they're supposed to show what is actually happening.

I remember that one network get a lot of heat at the convention for being blatantly partisan with the crowd (was it CNN, I can't remember).

I don't know, I watched on C-Span. I haven't watched any of the cable "news" networks for a while. Things like this are why I don't trust them for news.

Quoting DXing (Reply 15):
Unfortunately the video is anything but fair and balanced!

TYT has never presented itself as fair and balanced. They're very clear that they're a liberal opinion show. There's no need to be fair and balanced unless your telling people you're a reliable source of unbiased news.

dxing

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 16):
TYT has never presented itself as fair and balanced. They're very clear that they're a liberal opinion show. There's no need to be fair and balanced unless your telling people you're a reliable source of unbiased news.

And since we can't hear what he (Griffin) was saying we don't know what he was reporting do we? It could have been a fluff piece for all we know at this point.

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 10):
The other side wants the protesters tried for treason and incitement to civil war, and of racism on top of that.

Extremely foolish of you to label the wackos at democraticunderground "the other side."

By now you should know what a straw man is.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 8):
Oh bullcrap. Do you know what "organizing a protest" means?

Dude, FOX though biased as all hell is not stupid. They're not going to overtly organize a protest and put the name "FOX NEWS" on it. Open your eyes - the video is clear. Fox is actively publicizing the protests, and some Fox producers and workers are actually organizing them.

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 12):
You mean like George Bush's letter from the Texas Air National Guard..?

Did CNN write the letter, or find the letter? That's the key difference.

apparently the producer in question was disciplined by Fox almost immediately after the event,

She was "disciplined." How much do you want to bet it was a slap on the wrist with a "good job" whispered in her ear?

It would have been interesting to hear just what Jenkins was saying then as opposed to the run on commentary from the wannabe in the video.

Sure, it would have been interesting.

Perhaps then we could have gotten some context as to why they were ginning up the crowd and as to what he was reporting?

Uh-uh. No way. The reporters are not supposed to gin up the crowd ever. First rule of journalism: do not become the news.

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 16):

I understand, even TYT said they are a liberal talk show and of course they're not fair and balance because their main agenda is to poke fun at the right wing. But one thing I don't deny is that a lot of their sources are very credible. And I agree because they don't tell people they are realiable and unbalanced, but I like to watch their show because it's something different rather than the same old same old we get from fox and "friends" ( meaning other news agencies as well)..

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:55 pm

It would have been interesting to hear just what Jenkins was saying then as opposed to the run on commentary from the wannabe in the video.

Dude I think the video without the commentary is on youtube, so you can check for it yourself.

dxing

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:55 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 18):
Uh-uh. No way. The reporters are not supposed to gin up the crowd ever. First rule of journalism: do not become the news

????? If it was a fluff piece, which we have no way of knowing that it wasn't, that would not be true. Watch the Today Show, or GMC sometime. They do outdoor shots all the time reporting fluff pieces where they gin up the crowd. There are different types of reporting. Also, what time of day was that and who was on th air? Was he on with Glenn Beck? If so it wasn't a "news" show that he was appearing on. A lot of unanswered questions but no lack of speculation here.

seb146

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:00 pm

I think that people are hyping this thing to mean something it does not. The crew at the scene wanted a lively audience behind the presenter, and they got it.

Gee.... A republican news agency showing a rally of republican supporters? What a horrible thing. *rolls eyes* I don't know how this is news. So, are we to be outraged at CNN or MSNBC showing people cheering at any rally headed by a Democrat? I mean, obviously, they are both mouthpieces for Democrats, because right-wingers say so. I mean, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow, and Keith Olbermann all are commentators with left-leaning ideas, so they are evil, but when FOX shows their right-leaning counterparts, they are just telling it like it is and saying what Americans are like?

apparently the producer in question was disciplined by Fox almost immediately after the event, and far before this tape ever came to light. I don't exactly know what for

Maybe charging Chanel sunglasses to the company? Maybe being on the phone with her significant other while the cameras were rollling?

max550

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 17):
And since we can't hear what he (Griffin) was saying we don't know what he was reporting do we? It could have been a fluff piece for all we know at this point.

Here it is, the second clip: http://mediamatters.org/blog/200909180037

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 21):
Watch the Today Show, or GMC sometime.

Those aren't NEWS! The crowd that the Today Show is ginning up is the audience! Not at all analogous.

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 22):
A republican news agency showing a rally of republican supporters? What a horrible thing. *rolls eyes* I don't know how this is news. So, are we to be outraged at CNN or MSNBC showing people cheering at any rally headed by a Democrat?

I think you've missed the point. The point is that the republican news agency is riling up the crowd to make the news more interesting. That's faux journalism.

And as for Dreadnought's idea that this even wasn't FOX's work, wasn't Glenn Beck the person that introduced the 9 Principles 12 Values that was the basis of having the rally on 9/12?

JakeOrion

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 18):

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 19):

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 22):

Quoting Max550 (Reply 23):

So, my questions to you; if you hate FOX so much, why even bother to:

a) watching it

b) giving it the time of day and

c) even care about this???

I think you guys are jealous, big time. FOX is dominating the ratings, and it pisses you off that it is doing so.

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 24):
The point is that the republican news agency is riling up the crowd to make the news more interesting. That's faux journalism.

Is that any different from inviting certain politicians on (including the president) and throwing him softball questions, and not pushing him on others? Obama is boycotting Fox while playing Dave Letterman and public access like a petulent child. You could see in his face the desire to strangle the interviewer when he was asked about ACORN. He blew off the question without answering it and the interviewer let it pass. How is that any better? Isn't the press's job to ask questions in place of the public? He said in the campaign that we should "judge him by the people he surrounds himself with" Well, we want to ask him why he has a lot of fruits and nuts in the administration - Van Jones being the most extreme example, but there are plenty of others. By his own admission, how is that not a reflection of Obama's own views? Why are we not allowed to ask the question?

And as for Dreadnought's idea that this even wasn't FOX's work, wasn't Glenn Beck the person that introduced the 9 Principles 12 Values that was the basis of having the rally on 9/12?

He wrote a book and people ran with it on their own. I repeat the question - you said that FOX organized the protests - I want to see FOX's (or Beck's, or O'Reilly's, or Hannity's) names on records organizing buses, portapotties, hotels, fundraising, making signs to hand out. What evidence do you have?

Which brings me to another point - anyone notice how 99% of all the signs in that protest were hand made? VERY few printed signs. Quite different I think from when the Obomorons protest/counterprotest. Who's the real astroturf?

[Edited 2009-09-22 09:15:57]

max550

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:16 pm

There are different types of reporting. Also, what time of day was that and who was on th air? Was he on with Glenn Beck? If so it wasn't a "news" show that he was appearing on. A lot of unanswered questions but no lack of speculation here.

I think it was 2:03PM Eastern so he was on with Glenn Beck, but not on Glenn Becks show. The problem is that he's a "Fox News Reporter" regardless of what show he's appearing. If he were a "Glenn Beck Show Correspondent" or something like that it wouldn't be an issue. He's a reporter and is supposed to REPORT the news regardless of what show he's appearing on.

dxing

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 23):
Here it is, the second clip:

I'm glad you put that up. Listen to the person making the speech. The crowd erupts at a pause in his speech. Marry that up to the second vid where you can hear Jenkins. The crowd is not reacting to Jenkins, but rather the speaker. In the second vid you can also see a man in the forefront of the crowd holding an American flag also moving his arm up and down as if to get the crowd to respond. So, lotta whooy, lotta nothing. No different than any other news shot where the crowd in the background is reacting to something else.

Those aren't NEWS! The crowd that the Today Show is ginning up is the audience! Not at all analogous.

Which is why I asked:

Also, what time of day was that and who was on th air? Was he on with Glenn Beck? If so it wasn't a "news" show that he was appearing on.

And the second video shows just exactly that, he was being interviewed by Glenn Beck. So, not a news show, he was reporting about the crowd make up, the crowd itself was responding to the speaker, not the Jenkins. No different than a reporter at a stadium doing a piece on a crowd at a big game or a reporter doing a story on a concert crowd.

[Edited 2009-09-22 09:23:02]

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 25):
I think you guys are jealous, big time.

Damn. You got me pegged.  Yeah sure

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 25):
FOX is dominating the ratings, and it pisses you off that it is doing so.

I don't care what kind of ratings FOX News is getting. I care that they are dragging important debate down to second grade level, spreading misinformation, and misleading a large section of the population, yourself included. Politics should not be a game, it should not be teams, and people like you shouldn't be compelled to root for one team to beat the other. There's too much at stake for all of this demagoguery.

You ask why I don't rail on MSNBC and CNN so much? It's because Fox is bar-none the worst offender. MSNBC is bad, CNN is not so bad, but FOX is destroying civil American political discourse, and palming their crap off as "news."

BTW, I'm thinking of changing my user name to DLX-News. Therefore, everything I say can be understood as true.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 26):
Is that any different from inviting certain politicians on (including the president) and throwing him softball questions, and not pushing him on others?

Yes, it is different. At least the politician being asked the questions is creating the news. Do I want to see softball questions? No, not really, but I'm okay with it if I see hardball answers. Apples and oranges again, Dreadnought.

Obama is boycotting Fox

And rightly so. They boycotted him this week, if you hadn't noticed.

You could see in his face the desire to strangle the interviewer when he was asked about ACORN. He blew off the question without answering it and the interviewer let it pass. How is that any better? Isn't the press's job to ask questions in place of the public? He said in the campaign that we should "judge him by the people he surrounds himself with" Well, we want to ask him why he has a lot of fruits and nuts in the administration - Van Jones being the most extreme example, but there are plenty of others.

I want everyone to note that this is the point where Dreadnought conceded defeat on the Fox News-aided protest and attempted to change the subject.

I repeat the question - you said that FOX organized the protests - I want to see FOX's (or Beck's, or O'Reilly's, or Hannity's) names on records organizing buses, portapotties, hotels, fundraising, making signs to hand out.

I've already responded to this point.

Which brings me to another point - anyone notice how 99% of all the signs in that protest were hand made? VERY few printed signs.

redflag  BS!

I was there! In person, Dreadnought! Do you not recall the "Bury Obamacare with Kennedy" signs?

Quoting DXing (Reply 28):
And the second video shows just exactly that, he was being interviewed by Glenn Beck. So, not a news show, he was reporting about the crowd make up, the crowd itself was responding to the speaker, not the Jenkins.

That makes no difference. They were reporting on the crowd and making the crowd more exuberant than it was for the sake of making a more salacious report.

max550

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm glad you put that up. Listen to the person making the speech. The crowd erupts at a pause in his speech. Marry that up to the second vid where you can hear Jenkins. The crowd is not reacting to Jenkins, but rather the speaker. In the second vid you can also see a man in the forefront of the crowd holding an American flag also moving his arm up and down as if to get the crowd to respond. So, lotta whooy, lotta nothing. No different than any other news shot where the crowd in the background is reacting to something else.

All while the producer is instructing the crowd to get louder in reaction to the speaker while the guy is reporting, making the crowd look livelier on TV than they would be otherwise. As for the guy in the crowd, he's not a journalist so he can do whatever he wants.

And the second video shows just exactly that, he was being interviewed by Glenn Beck. So, not a news show, he was reporting about the crowd make up, the crowd itself was responding to the speaker, not the Jenkins. No different than a reporter at a stadium doing a piece on a crowd at a big game or a reporter doing a story on a concert crowd.

So Fox News reporters are only reporters on certain shows? If that's the case why is his title still Fox News Reporter?
It's not the same as a reporter at a stadium or concert because the crowd is reacting naturally, not being egged on by the producer.

PanHAM

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:46 pm

What's the big deal? They all do it, even and especially the high reputation public channels like German ARD and ZDF who think they are something better than anything else except mother BBC.

If you want a crowd you pay for., You don't have all day to wait so you can capture the crowd throwing stons or holding up signs, you pay them to do iut when your prodcution team is there. After all, the teams costs money, the cheering morons you pay a hundred euros tp split between them.

You want Palestinian youths to throw stones at Israelis? No problem, pay them the shekels they want and you have your footage.

What is this guy complaining about? He should be happy that he somehow got that footage so he can blame Fox. Never believe what you see on TV to be authentic until you have double checked it twice with other sources.

That's the message. Regardless if your TV leans to the right side or if all stations you can receive lean rather to the left, which is the case in Germany,

JakeOrion

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 29):
Damn. You got me pegged.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did.

I don't care what kind of ratings FOX News is getting.

Uh huh, because you followed up with this:

I care that they are dragging important debate down to second grade level, spreading misinformation, and misleading a large section of the population, yourself included. Politics should not be a game, it should not be teams, and people like you shouldn't be compelled to root for one team to beat the other. There's too much at stake for all of this demagoguery.

So if you don't care, why post that?

Let's say even if I'm being feed garbage, why do you have a problem with it? It is because I don't have the same mindset like you? Is it because I don't share your opinions? Really, why does it bother you so much?

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Yes, it is different. At least the politician being asked the questions is creating the news. Do I want to see softball questions? No, not really, but I'm okay with it if I see hardball answers. Apples and oranges again, Dreadnought.

How can he provide hardball answers to questions he refuses to listen to?

And rightly so. They boycotted him this week, if you hadn't noticed.

Really? Silly me, I thought their coverage was about little else.

You're not talking about that BS argument that the Obama administration got upset that Fox News covered his speech, but Fox Entertainment did not?

I want everyone to note that this is the point where Dreadnought conceded defeat on the Fox News-aided protest and attempted to change the subject.

I want everyone to note that DLX is has done his own version of landing on a carrier and declaring "Mission Accomplished"

I've already responded to this point.

Not directly

I was there! In person, Dreadnought! Do you not recall the "Bury Obamacare with Kennedy" signs?

That was one, which we already discussed.

A vast majority were homemade. I'd say very close to 99%

Compared to pro-Obamacare demonstrations:

By the way, this is my favorite:

[Edited 2009-09-22 10:22:17]

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 32):
So if you don't care, why post that?

I said I don't care what their ratings are. That's your silly metric for whether or not Fox is good or bad because to YOU, this is a game, and you want your team to win like I want the Redskins or the Wolverines to win. That's not a hard concept.

Quoting JakeOrion (Reply 32):
Let's say even if I'm being feed garbage, why do you have a problem with it? It is because I don't have the same mindset like you?

It is not a good thing for our republic if people vote based on misinformation. Surely you have to agree with that, or else you are admitting that the ONLY thing that is important to you is which team wins the game.

N104UA

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Everyone at Fox News is just trying to get the right wing agenda pushed through.

Fox News even had an abortion doctor killed because Bill O'Rilley said he hopes this person gets killed. I wonder how that feels on his conscience if he has one

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 pm

Quoting N104UA (Reply 35):
Fox News even had an abortion doctor killed because Bill O'Rilley said he hopes this person gets killed. I wonder how that feels on his conscience if he has one

Simple - because he never said that. Quit reading the Daily Kos.

Starbuk7

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:34 pm

I don't care what kind of ratings FOX News is getting. I care that they are dragging important debate down to second grade level, spreading misinformation, and misleading a large section of the population, yourself included. Politics should not be a game, it should not be teams, and people like you shouldn't be compelled to root for one team to beat the other. There's too much at stake for all of this demagoguery.

OH--MY--GOD!!!! There are six major news networks, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and FOX. Five of these six lean left and only one leans right, and the one that leans right has the best overall ratings. The five left leaning networks make just as much of a game out of the news as FOX does, it's just the you people don't see it because it is your type of talking points.

No, politics is not a game, but everyone in the media on both sides as well as everyone in congress seem to think it is a game, and now the Amreican people at the town hall meetings are getting tired of the game and are calling them out on it. Your side still doesn't seem to see it even though there are independents and lliberals at these meeting that do.

You ask why I don't rail on MSNBC and CNN so much? It's because Fox is bar-none the worst offender. MSNBC is bad, CNN is not so bad, but FOX is destroying civil American political discourse, and palming their crap off as "news."

Why don't you??????? As I said above, the do the same things but the left has been blinded by the liberal "cool aid" and don't see the FACTS!!

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 33):
How can he provide hardball answers to questions he refuses to listen to?

Not the point. The point is that it is the newsmaker making the news and not the so-called journalist. We can ABSOLUTELY debate, and a journalist should ABSOLUTELY report when a politician dodges a question. But even that is not making up news.

You're not talking about that BS argument that the Obama administration got upset that Fox News covered his speech, but Fox Entertainment did not?

It's not BS when everyone else did air it. You shouldn't have to get cable to see the speech.

I want everyone to note that DLX is has done his own version of landing on a carrier and declaring "Mission Accomplished"

At least this time, the mission was actually accomplished.

A vast majority were homemade. I'd say very close to 99%

Again, changing the subject are you. But addressing your note, what's your point?

Your condom poster by the way is extremely mature of you.

Quoting Starbuk7 (Reply 37):
Five of these six lean left

In yours and Rush Limbaugh's made-up victim-ridden world. I'll give you MSNBC at 6, 8, 9, and 10pm. But the others are basically just Rush's dream. Saying it over and over and over again only makes it true if you're a conservative.

The five left leaning networks make just as much of a game out of the news as FOX does,

Let's see your evidence that any other network has ever ginned up a rally.

Proof, now, please.

Your side

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 38):
Not the point. The point is that it is the newsmaker making the news and not the so-called journalist. We can ABSOLUTELY debate, and a journalist should ABSOLUTELY report when a politician dodges a question. But even that is not making up news.

But what if the President refuses to be interviewed by the only network that will ast tough questions? Did GWB boycott CBS, ABC, CBS, and CNN after they got hard on him, and only appear on the more friendly network? No he didn't.

Obama just showed himself to be a giant pussy. He should dress in pink.

It's not BS when everyone else did air it. You shouldn't have to get cable to see the speech.

First of all, Fox is in a unique situation where they have Fox News Channel, and Fox Entertainment Channel, unlike the others (or at least, they don't give the same names). They showed it on the news channel.

Secondly, you are saying that Obama feels that it is unfair that he did not have 100% coverage by the public channels? 75% or whatever isn't enough? What a baby.

At least this time, the mission was actually accomplished.

Oh really. Let's fire it up again. Your idea that Fox organized the protest or was stoking up the rally beyond what the Today show would do for their morning TV crowd has been marked by a complete lack of evidence. Sounds like you crash-landed in the water, dude.

dxing

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:58 pm

Quoting Max550 (Reply 27):
I think it was 2:03PM Eastern so he was on with Glenn Beck, but not on Glenn Becks show. The problem is that he's a "Fox News Reporter" regardless of what show he's appearing.

I'll remember that when I next see Charlie Gibson, former host of GMC, interviewing a political candidate.

Quoting Max550 (Reply 27):
He's a reporter and is supposed to REPORT the news regardless of what show he's appearing on.

And he was. If you listen to his report he is reporting on the make up of the crowd. What he is saying bears little revelance to what the speaker addressing the crowd is saying. They yell when they agree with the speaker, not Jenkins.

That makes no difference. They were reporting on the crowd and making the crowd more exuberant than it was for the sake of making a more salacious report.

So you're saying the rest of the day the crowd was absolutely silent, like at a funeral. Exactly how were those people out of the line of sight of the female producer, and exactly who identfies her as a fox news producer anyway save the idiot in the first piece, supposed to know they were to cheer louder?

Nor is Glenn Beck.

Quoting Max550 (Reply 30):
All while the producer is instructing the crowd to get louder in reaction to the speaker while the guy is reporting, making the crowd look livelier on TV than they would be otherwise. As for the guy in the crowd, he's not a journalist so he can do whatever he wants.

Do you know how stupid that makes your argument sound?

Quoting Max550 (Reply 30):
So Fox News reporters are only reporters on certain shows? If that's the case why is his title still Fox News Reporter?
It's not the same as a reporter at a stadium or concert because the crowd is reacting naturally, not being egged on by the producer.

Of course the ones hamming it up in the background just naturally do that like on ESPN game day?

Quoting PanHAM (Reply 31):
You want Palestinian youths to throw stones at Israelis? No problem, pay them the shekels they want and you have your footage.

BINGO. And if you want it to look like a whole bunch of kids are getting killed, have someone take a bunch of pictures of a dead child being removed from a building several times.

The point is that it is the newsmaker making the news and not the so-called journalist.

How is he "making news"? Is he speaking to the crowd? The crowd cheered at the appropriate times during the speakers pauses. Are you saying he organized that?

dxing

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:10 pm

I wonder if those evil Fox producers were in disguise and ginning up the crowd behind the CNN reporter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Ntu7Aapys

And lets not forget CNN's Susan Roesgen in Chicago a few months ago. First what you saw on the air:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2baxw_YScxc

Then what happened when people realized how she was attempting to slant the news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zNbWtl4wgM&feature=related

max550

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 40):
I'll remember that when I next see Charlie Gibson, former host of GMC, interviewing a political candidate.

What's GMC and why does being a host of it make you biased?

Of course the ones hamming it up in the background just naturally do that like on ESPN game day?

I don't expect unbiased reporting from ESPN, do you?

DocLightning

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:17 pm

You know what, the guy in this video is right. I want to know how many A-net members still thinks fox news is a legitimate "news" agency, because this video proves you wrong, by a long shot. Can anyone say propaganda?

I was about to defend the right of a Fox producer to do whatever she wants as long as she isn't at work when I noticed that actually, she was at work.

However, I don't think that this is wrong. Getting people to whoop it up for the camera isn't exactly dishonest. These are protesters. Fox didn't plant them there (I don't think) and Fox didn't do their signs for them. Just to get a good shot of people rallying, I see no problem with it.

If Fox actually planted the protesters, then this is different and that needs to be publicly known. But so far, I don't see any serious breaches of journalistic ethics.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 10):

Hmmm. Let's see - one side is excercising their right to free speech, and not hurting anyone (not a single arrest that day). The other side wants the protesters tried for treason and incitement to civil war, and of racism on top of that.

Wait, wait, wait, there Mr. Pot. After 9/11, when Leftists denounced Rightist curbs on civil liberties, the Iraq war, etc., there were calls to arrest them for treason, etc. from the extreme Right. I didn't hold everyone on that side of the spectrum responsible for it.

Now, when extreme Leftists, whose views do not represent the majority of us, do the same thing, you call it an attack on your civil liberties by all of us.

Signed,
-Mr. Kettle.

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:43 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 39):
But what if the President refuses to be interviewed by the only network that will ast tough questions?

Did you read my answer before you posted this? You're completely straying off the topic because you are conceding that you were wrong about the FOX producer rallying the protesters.

First of all, Fox is in a unique situation where they have Fox News Channel, and Fox Entertainment Channel, unlike the others (or at least, they don't give the same names).

Quick question: what does the NBC in MSNBC stand for?  scratchchin 

Secondly, you are saying that Obama feels that it is unfair that he did not have 100% coverage by the public channels?

No, but since when did Fox have a right to interview Obama? Plain and simple, Fox snubbed Obama, Obama is not going to turn around and help Fox.

And let's be clear: the Fox entity that was left out was Fox Broadcast, not Fox News. Fox News Sunday is a broadcast show. I should know, I tivo it every week.

Your idea that Fox organized the protest or was stoking up the rally beyond what the Today show would do for their morning TV crowd has been marked by a complete lack of evidence.

Are you blind? Look at the video. Are you deaf? Because I've told you before: the Today show is a different situation entirely. It is not a political rally, those people being ginned up are the audience of the show.

I hope if you see his producers ginning up the crowd you show that too. I'm not going to hold my breath for that event though, and wouldn't recommend you do that either.

So you're saying the rest of the day the crowd was absolutely silent, like at a funeral.

No, they were not silent. They were orderly, respectful (generally) and had some chanting. But THIS part of the crowd that they showed on TV was being ginned up by their producers to paint a picture that was artificial.

and exactly who identfies her as a fox news producer anyway save the idiot in the first piece, supposed to know they were to cheer louder?

Dude, this is just willful blindness on your part.

Nor is Glenn Beck.

The correspondent was purporting to be news that Beck was commenting on.

How is he "making news"? Is he speaking to the crowd? The crowd cheered at the appropriate times during the speakers pauses. Are you saying he organized that?

Yes. That is the charge.

Now that you are on the same page as me, I think, we can talk about how big a deal it is. It's not that big a deal, in my opinion. A much bigger deal would be definitive proof that the whole 9/12 rally was the plot of Fox News Channel operatives. But it is certainly known that they promoted it.

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 44):
Did you read my answer before you posted this? You're completely straying off the topic because you are conceding that you were wrong about the FOX producer rallying the protesters.

With logic like that, I hope nobody depends on you for their lives.

No, but since when did Fox have a right to interview Obama? Plain and simple, Fox snubbed Obama, Obama is not going to turn around and help Fox

Help Fox? Sorry to burst your bubble, but Fox ratings are through the roof. Obama would be helping himself by making himself available to Fox for interviews - On the other networks, he's preaching to the choir. By going on Fox he might have a chance to communicate with idependants and republicans - those people that (he says) he would like to convince.

And let's be clear: the Fox entity that was left out was Fox Broadcast, not Fox News. Fox News Sunday is a broadcast show. I should know, I tivo it every week.

BS. The embargo has been going on for ages. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama has not been interviewed by anyone on Fox News in over a year (when O'Reilly interviewed him before the election.) This is not about a snub last week. This is about a stupid hope by his loony fringe supporters that if they ignore Fox, it will eventually go away.

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:11 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 45):
Help Fox? Sorry to burst your bubble, but Fox ratings are through the roof.

Then why the hell is Fox complaining?

On the other networks, he's preaching to the choir.

I'm pretty sure he reached a much larger market segment by going to the other shows than he lost by not going on FNS. Do you have data to suggest otherwise?

By going on Fox he might have a chance to communicate with idependants and republicans - those people that (he says) he would like to convince.

I actually agree with you here. I want to see Obama on Fox via Chris Wallace, though I doubt Wallace could do anything that Stephanopolis could not do. But with a caveat. I find it terribly troubling that people pick their news outlets based on political ideology. As in they only want to hear what they want to hear. These people would tune in only in hopes that their team's "journalist" made a fool out of Obama. They would not tune in to be convinced that Obama's plan was a good plan.

I'd also say don't kid yourself about who's watching the other shows. If Obama wants to reach independents, he has no need for Fox.

The embargo has been going on for ages. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Obama has not been interviewed by anyone on Fox News in over a year (when O'Reilly interviewed him before the election.) This is not about a snub last week.

Crocodile tears. Who has Obama been interviewed by since the election? ABC, and that's pretty much it. It's not like he does a lot of one-on-ones.

Reality check, dreadnought: he does a lot of *press conferences*, and he's done two speeches before a joint session, but he has not done the sunday talkers. This is ENTIRELY about Dancing with the Stars.

Dreadnought

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Quick question: what does the NBC in MSNBC stand for?

I think I found your answer.

Look it up. Unlike CBS and other networks, Fox (the entertainment channel) only broadcasts for 2 hours per day - all the rest is local programming by their local affiliates.

Quote:
Fox currently programs 19.5 hours of programming per week. It provides 15 hours of prime-time programming to owned-and-operated and affiliated stations: 8-10 p.m. Monday to Saturday (all times ET/PT) and 7--10 p.m. on Sundays. One and a half hours of late night programming is offered on Saturdays from 11:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Weekend daytime programming consists of the infomercial block Weekend Marketplace (Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to noon) and the hour-long political news program Fox News Sunday (time slot may vary).

Other networks provide a lot more than that. On the day of the speech, they only broadcast (i.e. they are earning money) for 2 hours.

During the speech, there is no commercial interruption, and as I recall the speech ran over an hour, plus all the talking heads before and after. You are basically telling Fox network employees to stay home that day, because they won't have the time to get any paying programming in.

Personally, I don't think it's reasonable to expect an entertainment network to lose their entire day's revenue because you decide to make a speech during prime time.

[Edited 2009-09-22 12:17:25]

EMBQA

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 46):
Who has Obama been interviewed by since the election? ABC, and that's pretty much it. It's not like he does a lot of one-on-ones.

You're not serious are you...? Just do a Google search and see who many you come up with.....

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Ok first off. Obama did not refuse to do the interview with fox because he's scared of answering the tough questions. Fox has repeatedly, ever since he decided to run for President, they have repeatedly skewed information in order to make this man look bad. There are so many examples I have seen for myself, it's rediculous. I remember on election day, one of their reporters was in a diner. He asks the crowd in the diner who will vote McCain and who wil vote Obama. 85% of the people in the diner said they will vote Obama, and this so called "reporter" turns to the camera and says "you can see that the decision here is split". Are you kidding me? Then with all this, you have guys like beck and Hannity who not only call him racist, and Nazi and all these names, and then they cry about it and say he's scared to face tough questions, which is the reason he declined the interview with fox. Maybe fox needs to realize that the President of the United States realizes that they are nothing but a propoganda station and he will have no part of it.

As for those claiming that fox news is leading the polls at every hour of the day, see all the advertising that they are losing, then come back and say something.