Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Elite
Topic Author

Sarah Palin To Make Speech In Hong Kong

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Sarah Palin will make her first speech out of North America when she addresses over a thousand investors in Hong Kong. Her speech will cover many topics, including current events/affairs and global economics.

Quite interesting, really, to see Palin in Hong Kong.... any fellow Kongers going to show up for this??

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/22/palin.hongkong/index.html

tk747

RE: Sarah Palin To Make Speech In Hong Kong

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:14 pm

This should be entertaining!

Moose135

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:18 pm

"Hey, you can see China from here..."  Big grin

dtwclipper

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:23 pm

That is, if she shows up. She has had a pretty bad record of late.

Elite
Topic Author

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:25 pm

As mentioned in the CNN article, not much local coverage here... I expected this to be a bigger event... but the Foreign Correspondents Club and the American Club are making this a big deal, but that appeals mostly to expatriates & students.

dtwclipper

Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:27 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 4):
As mentioned in the CNN article, not much local coverage here... I expected this to be a bigger event... but the Foreign Correspondents Club and the American Club are making this a big deal, but that appeals mostly to expatriates & students.

If she shows up, she is not allowing the media to cover the speech.

oldeuropean

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Does she is able to deliver a speech, which could be interesting for investors or should her speech rather expected to be a stand-up-comedy?
 rotfl 

It's really unbelievable that someone can take her seriously.

Axel

dtwclipper

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:24 pm

Quoting Oldeuropean (Reply 6):
, which could be interesting for investors or should her speech rather expected to be a stand-up-comedy?

You're so right!

kc135topboom

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:07 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 5):
If she shows up, she is not allowing the media to cover the speech.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Obama gave several speeches closed to the press, like the one he gave in SFO, about the christian bible carrying and gun carrying people in PA, just before that state's primary last year. Why is this different?

Quoting Oldeuropean (Reply 6):

Why don't we wait and find out who attends her speech?

Quoting Elite (Thread starter):
Sarah Palin will make her first speech out of North America when she addresses over a thousand investors in Hong Kong. Her speech will cover many topics, including current events/affairs and global economics.

Let's also see if she attracts any investors in what she is saying, if that is the reason. It cannot be a speech for political donations, that would be against US laws, unless she only accepts money from American citizens who live in or visit HK.

dtwclipper

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 8):
I don't see anything wrong with that. Obama gave several speeches closed to the press, like the one he gave in SFO, about the christian bible carrying and gun carrying people in PA, just before that state's primary last year. Why is this different?

I don't believe that these were closed to the press.

futurepilot16

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:47 pm

I expect her to say something along the lines of 'China isn't a Continent, really?'

dxing

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:51 pm

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 7):
You're so right!

Nice to see that the fear continues!

dtwclipper

Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 11):

Oh, knock it off with the fear BS would you please. No one in their right mind would be afraid of her. That line is getting really old and tiresome. Please Palinbots come up with something new!

seb146

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Fear of what? She is the one who said she knows about international politics because Russia is the next country to the West of Alaska. Big deal. Mexico is the next country to the south of California and I lived in Seattle for two years, which would make Canada the next country to the North. Does that make me an expert on international relations?

There are so many things that she said that were so rediculous it is so hard for us to take her seriously! Like "I am not a quitter, but I am quitting being governer of Alaska" is another one that comes to mind.

exFATboy

Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 4):
As mentioned in the CNN article, not much local coverage here... I expected this to be a bigger event

I'd guess that people in Hong Kong are smart enough to realize that someone who didn't even finish out a single term of a (population-wise) small American state, and has no other major accomplishments to her name, probably has nothing interesting to say.

Ken777

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Hey, it gets her out of the country for a while.

In terms of the importance of this "international speech", I personally think it's a joke. It's a group meeting held in a tourist location for tax purposes. Went to HKG when I was in the Nave (in the 60s) and the Orange Country Surgeon's Association was holding their annual meeting in the Hong Kong Hilton. BFD.

So an investor's group gets to visit Hong Kong and deduct the costs of the trip from their taxes. Maybe we should join for the tax benefit.

And Palin gets to finally use her passport and go overseas. She'll instantly become "International". WIll probably come back saying that as a woman she could easily see that Hong Kong was a mess and needed a good scrubbing.

And it sends a signal to the writers that TIna Fey needs to start warming up again.

yowza

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Why don't we wait and find out who attends her speech?

Students with nothing better to do? The unemployed? The morbidly curious? American expats?

Obama gave several speeches closed to the press, like the one he gave in SFO, about the christian bible carrying and gun carrying people in PA

Well religion and guns are inflammatory topics and usually cause a mess - political and otherwise. I don't know if those were in fact closed sessions but those made sense. Since Palin will not be addressing political hot button issues I can only speculate that the reason for keeping them closed to media is blunder control. That said the internet and camera phones should take care of that  Wink

Let's also see if she attracts any investors in what she is saying, if that is the reason. It cannot be a speech for political donations, that would be against US laws, unless she only accepts money from American citizens who live in or visit HK.

If her agenda is to get investors to put their money back into the US she's dreaming. Asian markets are rebounding hard and fast and other resource based economies around the world are going strong why on earth would they sink $$ into the states at this time? Further to this is she is to draw any significant (dollar amount) investment she would likely need to address people who are better informed than her...

YOWza

kc135topboom

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 9):

Yes, it was, it took the blogs to report it initially.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...ama/891685,CST-NWS-obama12.article

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 12):

Oh, knock it off with the fear BS would you please. No one in their right mind would be afraid of her.

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 13):
Fear of what?

All you guys seem to worry about her a lot. She scares you.

Quoting YOWza (Reply 16):

If her agenda is to get investors to put their money back into the US she's dreaming. Asian markets are rebounding hard and fast and other resource based economies around the world are going strong why on earth would they sink $$ into the states at this time? Further to this is she is to draw any significant (dollar amount) investment she would likely need to address people who are better informed than her...

Since we don't know what her agenda is, why don't we wait to find out?

dtwclipper

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 17):
She scares you.

Can't you guys come up with something original. No one is afraid of her, how many times does that need to be said?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...ticle

I stand 'partially" corrected. There is a difference between a "fundraiser" and speech to a group of 1000 people. But if you want to turn this into an Obama thread, go for it.

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:31 pm

More team mentality. You don't care who it is and how much talent they have or don't have. All you care about is that your team wins. Problem is, winning has consequences - like wars, recessions, etc.

If you are a true patriotic American who wants the best for your country, then she should scare you. Damn, I mean, she even scares herself! No one wants to see a country run by Palin, and America basically breaks down into two groups: those who know they don't want to see a country run by Palin, and those who haven't figured it out yet that she's an intellectual lightweight.

I can think of at least 5 conservatives that I'd be happy to see in the White House because they have infinitely more credibility and infinitely more wisdom than Palin has exhibited.

In no particular order:
* Jim Huntsman
* Joe Scarborough
* Mitt Romney
* John McCain
* And even John Boehner.

I'll wait and see if Meg Whitman has the chops for the job, but she likely does too.

If conservative voters were smart, they'd let the smart people run the country.

exFATboy

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 pm

The idea of someone with her very limited accomplishments and experiences becoming President of the United States scares me. Thus the idea that the Republican Party actually thought she should become Vice-President to an elderly man with a history of medical problems, terrified me.

Here's her resume:

* BS in Communications
* worked as a sportscaster briefly
* helped run her husband's fishing business
* served on the city council, and then as mayor, of a town of about 5000 people
* Served briefly (under 2 years, resigning early) on the Alaska Oil & Gas Conservation Commission
* served less than one full term as governor of a small (population-wise) state

On a purely objective basis, even if I agreed with her on every issue, in every detail (which I don't), that is just not enough experience to become President of the United States. Period.

Not to mention she quit here last two positions before her term was up...she cuts and runs an awful lot.

(And she also fails my personal test of "don't give your children stupid names"...one of her sons is named "Track", and another "Trig", for the gods' sake! That's right up there with Mitt Romney's son "Tagg"...poor kid...  Silly )

DocLightning

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:19 pm

You know, if it were a comedy show, she'd be funny.

As it is actually reality, I just find it all painful. So very, very painful...  Sad

slider

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Oh, knock it off with the fear BS would you please. No one in their right mind would be afraid of her. That line is getting really old and tiresome. Please Palinbots come up with something new!

Talk about BS....you know, the hackneyed mean-spirited and personal attacks on Palin are what's really old and tiresome. but hey, whatever makes you sleep at night.

Quoting ExFATboy (Reply 20):
On a purely objective basis, even if I agreed with her on every issue, in every detail (which I don't), that is just not enough experience to become President of the United States. Period.

And yet it's still more than Obama...the irony.

dtwclipper

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 22):
Talk about BS....you know, the hackneyed mean-spirited and personal attacks on Palin are what's really old and tiresome. but hey, whatever makes you sleep at night.

Again BIG BS there. She got what every other politician gets when they enter the national spotlight. She just gave the media (and SNL) a lot of more ammo because she is such a light weight.

Not really, but hey, whatever makes you sleep at night.

exFATboy

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law.
Palin graduated with a Bachelor's in Communications from the University of Idaho.

Obama was a Professor of Law at the University of Chicago for 12 years.
He then served as a state legislator from 1997 to 2004
Palin was mayor of a small town.

Obama served as a US Senator from 2005 to 2008.
Palin has no Federal experience.

The only area of education and experience where Palin has an advantage is that she has some executive experience, which Obama did not before becoming President...but frankly, mayor of Wasilla and less than one term as governor of Alaska isn't that much.

I'm no big fan of Obama, either, but he's clearly more qualified to hold the Presidency than Her Quittership.

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 pm

* BS in Communications

Sortof. Most of her time was spent at community college.

Now, I want to be clear that I'm not looking down my nose at people who are not intellectually gifted. But I wouldn't hire a plumber to do heart surgery any more than I would hire a surgeon to fix my plumbing. The Presidency is an office for the intellectually gifted and the wise. It's just too much responsibility for someone who doesn't have the acumen for the job.

Not this shit again...

GDB

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:08 pm

Fear?
Well maybe some apprehension that someone so limited, in knowledge, reason, common sense, honesty, could come quite close to being a heartbeat away from the Presidency.
Though with some cunning for fear mongering and rabble rousing, for the 'real Americans'.

We ain't fearful really though, more laughing, but a gallows kind of laugh.
300 million people and she had a shot at VP?

Don't like some of those negative stereotypes of Americans, don't help pander to them is the answer.

But while she is in that fascinating place, a must is a trip up to the peak that dominates HKG, she might think she can see Alaska from there.

kc135topboom

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 18):

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...ticle

I stand 'partially" corrected. There is a difference between a "fundraiser" and speech to a group of 1000 people. But if you want to turn this into an Obama thread, go for it.

You are the one who said......

Quoting D L X (Reply 19):
All you care about is that your team wins. Problem is, winning has consequences - like wars, recessions, etc.

Yeah, you are right, look at the mess we have now. The recession has deepened, unemployment is higher, Commanders in Afghanistan cannot get the troops or equipment needed to win, record deficits, and the promise of more and more spending. Need I say more?

If you are a true patriotic American who wants the best for your country, then she should scare you.

I would really like to hear your reasonong behind that. I guess true patriotic Americans don't have what is best for the country now?

I can think of at least 5 conservatives that I'd be happy to see in the White House because they have infinitely more credibility and infinitely more wisdom than Palin has exhibited.

In no particular order:
* Jim Huntsman
* Joe Scarborough
* Mitt Romney
* John McCain
* And even John Boehner.

John McCain conservitive?  rotfl   rotfl   rotfl  There is only two on your list that even should be given consideration, Romney and Boehner.

Here's her resume:

* BS in Communications
* worked as a sportscaster briefly
* helped run her husband's fishing business
* served on the city council, and then as mayor, of a town of about 5000 people
* Served briefly (under 2 years, resigning early) on the Alaska Oil & Gas Conservation Commission
* served less than one full term as governor of a small (population-wise) state

Correct. Obama's resume':

Born in Kenya
Reborn in Hawaii
Punk
Law degree from Harvard
Community organizer
Constitutional lawyer
Community organizer
Community organizer
Community organizer
Part time State Sanator in IL
Community organizer
Part time US Senator
Full time candidate
Community organizer

Did I miss anything?

slider

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 23):
Again BIG BS there. She got what every other politician gets when they enter the national spotlight. She just gave the media (and SNL) a lot of more ammo because she is such a light weight.

And I suppose the attacks on her family and kids are fair game too, huh? I don’t deny she’s fair game. She’s in a position now to attack back and do it free from the encumbrances of being an office holder. And make no mistake, as a recent column cited, like Teddy Kennedy, you may not like her/him and be polar extreme opposites from, but she is driving public debate and doing it more eloquently than she’s been portrayed. Yes, she politically still is a light weight compared to the thugocracy of Chicago politics, but we’re talking about her, right?

Quoting ExFATboy (Reply 24):
Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law.

Based on transcripts and records we’ve still nor seen, BTW….just a point in passing. I still don’t know what he’s afraid of.

Quoting ExFATboy (Reply 24):
Obama served as a US Senator from 2005 to 2008.

Big deal. Are we really going to rehash this shit again? Senatorial experience pales in comparison to executive gubernatorial experience, whether it’s AK, AR, or any state.

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 27):
Correct. Obama's resume':

Born in Kenya
Reborn in Hawaii
Punk
Law degree from Harvard
Community organizer
Constitutional lawyer
Community organizer
Community organizer
Community organizer
Part time State Sanator in IL
Community organizer
Part time US Senator
Full time candidate
Community organizer

Did I miss anything?

Marxist. Terrorist sympathizer. Friend of Ayers, Rev Wright, etc.

And a Bears fan. Perhaps the worst transgression of all.

D L X

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:24 pm

Born in Kenya

You're a freakin' birther?

Why should anyone respect anything you have to say now? It certainly isn't worth arguing with you ever again if you can't accept simple truths like this.

Arrow

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:32 pm

She doesn't scare us. What scares us is that a major political party thought she was a suitable candidate for VP (and president, I guess). And even after her woeful ignorance about all things non-Alaskan was methodically exposed, people still thought she was a legitimate contender.

How many people voted for the McCain/Palin ticket? A few million if I recall. It was a long time ago, but when people asked me why I left the US and surrendered my green card, I tell 'em because 10 million people voted for George Wallace. That was scary, too.

Born in Kenya
Reborn in Hawaii

You guys never give up do you. I hear the flat earth society is looking for new members.

Ken777

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Did I miss anything?

POTUS.

Elected by the people of this country by a clear majority.

There is a lot of hatred for Obama, which is unfortunate. Sort of like the hatred we saw when Clinton was elected.

The unfortunate part is that it sets a new standard for how we should view our President after the people of this country elect him - or her.

While I have some strong disagreements with Bush and his decisions I didn't spend his days throwing any insult possible at him. Iraq was a stupid decision that has cost far too much in blood and treasure. Financial management was not something I would ever want to see again. But I'm not going to piss on the man when I piss on his (or Cheney's) decisions.

Quoting Slider (Reply 28):
Yes, she politically still is a light weight compared to the thugocracy of Chicago politics, but we’re talking about her, right?

Palin is a lightweight because that is as far as her intelligence can carry her. It's pretty bad when the public would have rather voted for TIna Fey.

Palin claims to be a conservative, yet she left her small town deep in debt by the time she finished her mayor's job.

Quit her job as governor? What was that all about?

yowza

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Quoting Ken777 (Reply 31):

Did I miss anything?

POTUS.

Elected by the people of this country by a clear majority.

Well played!  Smile

Did I miss anything?

yawn

YOWza

avent

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:24 pm

Did I miss anything?

An opportunity to distance yourself from the lunatic right wing fringe?

dxing

Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh, knock it off with the fear BS would you please.

Yet every chance you get you have to start a thread putting her down. Evidently those people in HKG think she is worth paying to listen too,.

If you are a true patriotic American who wants the best for your country, then she should scare you.

At this point in time she still has more executive experince in running government than the President has.

If conservative voters were smart, they'd let the smart people run the country.

Well I guess we'll have to wait for the next election then.

DocLightning

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 28):

Marxist. Terrorist sympathizer. Friend of Ayers, Rev Wright, etc.

You forgot "Muslim."

She scares you.

I don't usually roll my eyes at things that scare me. As soon as someone presents a realistic picture to me of how she could attain a position of power that would have any influence over my life, I'll be scared. Very scared.

But this lady reminds me of my friend's niece. Very pretty girl, but not so bright. We just tell her to stay pretty. Unfortunately for Mrs. Palin, her pretty days are going to end soon.

[Edited 2009-09-22 16:16:31]

photopilot

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:29 pm

Hey, I'm sure gal Sarah has lots of Chinese experience....... Every time she orders from the Lucky Gardens Restaurant!  Big grin

Ahhhhhh.... you wanna fortune cookie missy?

You Betcha!!!!  Big grin

dtwclipper

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:02 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 34):
Yet every chance you get you have to start a thread putting her down.

Did I start this thread? I think i started two. One about the VF article and one that turned out to be wrong (as of now) on her divorce.

How many Obama/Evil Democrats threads have you started? I think you would win hands down.

At this point in time she still has more executive experince in running government than the President has.

That is too funny. Do you really believe that?

You are the one who said......

And I'm semi-agreeing with you.

ltbewr

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:24 am

I suspect her being chosen to give a speech in Hong Kong is more about business leaders in that region using her to leverage attention of USA based business leaders due to her connections to Republicans. I believe that while she does have a great public persona, she is intellectually weak, narrow minded, not well educted or aware of the broad range of America or it's residents outside of her homestate or other Republicans.

I wish she would give a speech against the PRC's one-child policy which means millions of abortions, their terrible human rights records, their awful policies as to workers, their abusive trade policies and so on. Instead I suspect she will go there and support their pro-business polices, their lack of regulation of business and so on.

NIKV69

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:32 am

Oh, knock it off with the fear BS would you please. No one in their right mind would be afraid of her. That line is getting really old and tiresome. Please Palinbots come up with something new

Yea really, besides Rudy is beginning his comeback. After Paterson didn't back down to the almighty Obama the Dems have to be real nervous. If Obama continues to down this horrible path and Rudy becomes Governor of NY 2012' will quite interesting.

dxing

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:36 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 37):
How many Obama/Evil Democrats threads have you started? I think you would win hands down.

President Obama is actually in elected office and a public figure. Palin is a private citizen.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 37):
That is too funny. Do you really believe that?

With the exception of 8 months of being President what executive experience does he have running any size government?

dtwclipper

Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:50 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 40):
President Obama is actually in elected office and a public figure

Palin may be a "private citizen" but she has a public life that she is promoting.

Nice try though.

With the exception of 8 months of being President what executive experience does he have running any size government?

Sorry, that is not what you said:

At this point in time she still has more executive experince in running government than the President has

Sorry, but I think being potus for two months trumps any of Palins experience. If you believe otherwise, that is your problem.

D L X

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 41):
If you believe otherwise, that is your problem.

Among a great many. The fact that people are still talking about Obama's experience (from which they cherry-pick in order to make look as perfunctory as possible) belies the sheer pettiness of many of those that oppose him right now.

dxing

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:24 am

Palin may be a "private citizen" but she has a public life that she is promoting.

Nice try though.

Correct me if I am wrong but is this not a "private" event she is attending HKG? Or is it open to the public?

Sorry, that is not what you said:

At this point in time she still has more executive experince in running government than the President has

Sorry, but I think being potus for two months trumps any of Palins experience. If you believe otherwise, that is your problem.

No, it is actually everyones problem for the next 3+ years at a minimum. Not since Jimmy Carter has a President got off to such a disorganized start. Congress is running the show no no matter how much you might like to disagree.

Quoting D L X (Reply 42):
The fact that people are still talking about Obama's experience (from which they cherry-pick in order to make look as perfunctory as possible) belies the sheer pettiness of many of those that oppose him right now.

Nope, I said before he was elected that his lack of experience, both executive, and legislative, would be his biggest problem and so far I've been proven right. If he is not getting rolled by the right he is getting rolled by his own party members in the form of Pelosi and Reid. The stimulus bill was all Congress and so far, so has health reform as well as cap and tax. In other matters the treasury sec or chairman of the fed has been in the drivers seat. Only within the past month, after 4 months of debate has the President come out and said what he is looking for in a bill he can sign when it comes to health care. Only in the past two weeks has he made a speech regarding banking reform and both those speeches were extremely long on rhetoric and short on actual details. Unfortunately that seems to be his long suit, standing on the mountain preaching while everyone else is doing all the real thinking.

dtwclipper

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:35 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 43):

Nice try though.

Correct me if I am wrong but is this not a "private" event she is attending HKG? Or is it open to the public?

That is not what we are talking about is it? Palin has made her life very public and continues to do so.

. Not since Jimmy Carter has a President got off to such a disorganized start.

I'm pretty sure this thread is about Palin. If you want to talk about Carter start a thread on the topic, I'll be happy to talk about it there. Nice try at deflection, I'll give you that.

Congress is running the show no no matter how much you might like to disagree

What does this have to do with Palin?

It would be nice if you would stick to the topic rather than jumping all over the place.

NIKV69

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:30 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 42):
belies the sheer pettiness of many of those that oppose him right now.

If that is the case then why would he embarrass not only himself but Paterson by doing something as drastic and unprecedented as asking a sitting governor not to seek re-election and then snubbing him in Albany? Only to have his power grab shoved right back at him. Hmmm, doesn't seem so petty.

D L X

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:50 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 45):
If that is the case then why would he embarrass not only himself but Paterson by doing something as drastic and unprecedented as asking a sitting governor not to seek re-election and then snubbing him in Albany? Only to have his power grab shoved right back at him. Hmmm, doesn't seem so petty.

This post is completely without logic.

I say that people like you are being petty when they talk about Obama's lack of executive experience. You rebut that you're not petty because Obama embarrassed himself (in your everpresent extremely biased illogical opinion)?

Sounds like you're just trying to change the subject like your peers.

NIKV69

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:12 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 46):
This post is completely without logic.

Why? Is it because Obama's stragedy backfired? What is without logic is how Obama has been conducting himself. Which has been pure failure. The numbers support this and every day and month that goes by throws us deeper into a Jimmy Carter mess. The days of jumping in front of a teleprompter and having everyone cheer are long gone. Time for your man to stop talking and giving interviews and start governing. Trying to grab power by belittling someone is not governing. It's elitism, pure and simple and when it backfires as it did here it's pathetic.

You rebut that you're not petty because Obama embarrassed himself (in your everpresent extremely biased illogical opinion)?

Biased? So your telling me that this situation in NY is not embarrassing? It's actually crossing over into a debacle and it's going to be a great day when Rudy gives his acceptance speech.

Sounds like you're just trying to change the subject like your peers.

No just merely pointing out what is happening right before our eyes. Something may Obama supporters can't come to grips with as each day goes by and his poll numbers sink.

avent

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:37 am

President Obama is actually in elected office and a public figure. Palin is a private citizen.

Only because he didn't run from his responsibilities.

avent

Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:40 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 47):
Which has been pure failure. The numbers support this and every day and month that goes by throws us deeper into a Jimmy Carter mess.

Huh? Preventing the banking collapse was no mean feat - I'd have left the gluttons go down the toilet with their delusions about free markets and capitalism.