Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dxing
Topic Author

Welcome To Texas

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Seems more and more people are figuring out what I did in 2003.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americans-tame-their-wanderlust.html

Don't mess with Texas
In terms of net migration -- those moving in minus those leaving -- Texas was the star performer in 2008, with the population growing by 140,000.

That meshes with what moving company Allied Van Lines experienced. "We moved more people here than anywhere in the U.S. in the last several years," said David King, general manager of Berger Transfer and Storage in Houston, Texas, and Allied Van Lines' largest booking and hauling agent.

The moving company recorded 5,891 inbound shipments and 3,988 outbound shipments in 2008, a net gain of 1,903. That was just slightly lower than last year's net gain of 2,041.

That influx may be due to the state's employment picture, which has remained rosier than most other places thanks to the energy industry and a welcoming business climate. Plus, home prices never cycled through a boom-bust period: They've remained affordable, which facilitates mobility.

Don't know about the home prices, we would have trouble getting what we paid for it 4 years ago but if you go by houses in the same neighborhood we've probably lost less than 5% of its value for what we paid. Comon down y'all!

NIKV69

RE: Welcome To Texas

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:11 pm

I love the state of Texas. I love the DFW, ADS, DAL area and could see myself living there if the oppurtunity arises. Great people, guns, spotting. Only negative is those damn tolls!

flanker

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:19 pm

I love Texas! I am hoping to live there one day.

mt99

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Lots more people are eating at McDonalds too  Smile

76794p

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:53 pm

I love living in IAH, great city, great food and great airports. The only thing i dont like are hurricanes like Ike

jcs17

Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:41 am

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Dallas, and if the opportunity arose to go back, I would do so. Austin wouldn't be a bad option either. However, I don't think I could ever move to Houston or San Antonio.

FlyDeltaJets87

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:00 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 1):
I love the state of Texas. I love the DFW, ADS, DAL area and could see myself living there if the oppurtunity arises. Great people, guns, spotting. Only negative is those damn tolls!

After living in Florida and having driven through the northeast numerous times, I can't say that Texas is anywhere near as bad as those two areas when it comes to tolls.

Glad to hear Texas is growing and doing well. Texas is my birth state and I always love going back to San Antonio to visit.  biggrin  I have a HUGE Texas flag hanging on the wall in my bedroom.

Pyrex

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:09 am

Quoting DXing (Thread starter):
The moving company recorded 5,891 inbound shipments and 3,988 outbound shipments in 2008, a net gain of 1,903. That was just slightly lower than last year's net gain of 2,041.

Interesting... "The Economist" ran an article on Texas the other day and they mentioned that a one-way truck rental Los Angeles - Houston was three times as expensive as a Houston - L.A. rental. I guess that does mean something.

KaiGywer

Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:19 am

Quoting 76794p (Reply 4):
The only thing i dont like are hurricanes like Ike

Texas does seem like a decent place to live though  Smile

dxing
Topic Author

Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:42 am

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 3):
Lots more people are eating at McDonalds too

Thank goodness we have WhatABurger!
 cloudnine 

76794p

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:16 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 9):

The best fast-food burgers in town, but for a good normal burger I like Little Bigs or Edloe Deli

Fly2HMO

Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:02 pm

I love living in IAH, great city, great food and great airports

checkmark  I miss my days there. I lived in midtown/downtown area. It was the most fun 6 months of my life.

Quoting DXing (Reply 9):

Eh, I could live without that.

I really missed In-n-out though while I was there  cry 

At least the huge selection of great hole-in-the-wall places made up for it.

Okie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:19 am

Let us see "Texas bigger than France"
DFW bigger than Manhattan
Still a relative thriving economy in though times, Oh lets see no state taxes
Business friendly environment, low unemployment, Oh lets see business coming to Texas not leaving the state

Maybe a few states and countries should take note.

Okie

dtwclipper

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:29 am

Quoting Okie (Reply 12):
Business friendly environment, low unemployment, Oh lets see business coming to Texas not leaving the state

uh, not exactly, yes better then the rest of the US, but still far from thriving:

But on the downside, the governor neglects to mention that more jobs were lost last month in Texas than in any other state.

Texas shed 62,200 jobs from July to August, 19,000 more than Michigan, the state with the highest unemployment.

Although Texas' 8 percent unemployment rate remains below the national average of 9.7 percent, its jobless rate is climbing faster than most states.

More than half the nation's states have seen their unemployment rates jump by at least 60 percent this year, and Texas is one of them. A year ago, only 5 percent of Texans were jobless, well below the national norm. Other federal statistics show Texas struggles at the bottom of the economic ladder. The Census Bureau's recently released report on health insurance found Texas leading the nation in uninsured population and uncovered children. One out of every four people living in Texas in 2008 lacked health insurance.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6639033.html

photopilot

Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:31 am

with the population growing by 140,000.

How many came across the Rio Grande?

DocLightning

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:06 am

This is going to have some interesting political implications. There are a lot of liberals and Democrats in that influx. An awful lot of them.

Good on ya, Texas! Doing what California did a while ago and now sucks at. Um... word to the wise, have some good transit planning!

FlyDeltaJets87

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:15 am

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 13):
Texas shed 62,200 jobs from July to August, 19,000 more than Michigan, the state with the highest unemployment.

Let's spin the facts, shall we?

Texas has a population of 24,326,974. Michigan is well less than half, with a population of 10,003,422. Michigan lost 43,200 jobs by your numbers. Texas may have lost just over 40% more jobs than Michigan, but Texas also has 143% more citizens than Michigan.

So to compare numbers without factoring in population size is ridiculous. I think I'll take my chances at finding a job in Texas over Michigan.

PPVRA

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:19 am

Not to steal Texas's thunder but the same is true here in the Atlanta area. It's hard to find someone actually born in Georgia, they are all from the north or elsewhere. Have not met too many Californians though, just a few here and there.

Quite a number of Europeans too, especially Germans, though that might have more to do with my German background and tendencies to network with them than necessarily a demographic curiosity. Not sure.

dtwclipper

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:33 am

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 16):
Let's spin the facts, shall we?

Hold on there cowboy, I just quoted an article.

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 16):
. I think I'll take my chances at finding a job in Texas over Michigan.

Do you like to argue just to argue? I just pointed out that Texas is not the Eden that some are claiming it to be and there is no argument that Michigan is in deep shoot right now. So, take it easy there!

AirframeAS

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:36 am

I visited AUS in May of this year and LOVED every minute of it! I cannot wait to go back. It beat the hell out of my DAL visit from 2002 (WN training, etc...)

Hopefully I'll do AUS again soon! Can't wait!

us330

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:42 am

Quoting Okie (Reply 12):
Let us see "Texas bigger than France"
DFW bigger than Manhattan

Maybe a few states and countries should take note.

Take this coming from a Dallas native, but size doesn't matter--it's what you do with it.

There are state taxes--property and sales tax (8.25% on everything, or so it seems...having grown up with it, I'm amazed when I'm elsewhere and I buy something without a sales tax). What you meant to say was "no state income taxes."

You are right, though, about a business friendly environment. A steady progression of corporations have relocated their hqs to Texas.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 15):
Um... word to the wise, have some good transit planning!

Hah! Hopefully you meant this in jest, but public transit in Texas (in Dallas at least) is a joke. We are lightyears behind other cities in developing a cohesive public transportation plan, not helped by the massive urban sprawl that occurs when there are few (if any) geographical barriers to settlement. Heck, Arlington (where the new Cowboys Stadium is) is the largest urban area in the U.S. without any public transit.

That said, people are willing to use it provided that it is convenient for their purposes--the problem is that it really isn't convenient for many people outside of certain areas. Even then, though, it would still have to be park and ride--given how spread out the area is.

Quoting PPVRA (Reply 17):
Not to steal Texas's thunder but the same is true here in the Atlanta area. It's hard to find someone actually born in Georgia, they are all from the north or elsewhere

You aren't--it all reflects a general trend of the population moving to the Sunbelt (and now, with California and the Phoenix area hurting rather badly, the population moving to the American South/former Confederacy).

andrewuber

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:06 pm

I have lived in Dallas for 2.5 years now. Moved here by request of ATA, and then they folded one year later.

There are many things I like about the area. I live in Frisco, and everything is convenient. Lots of shopping, restaurants (of all cultures), things to do, etc. There is no state income tax here either, which helps.

But then there's the heat. Unrelenting, humid, searing heat. I lived in Dubai for several years and I would easily say that Dallas in July and August (and sometimes as early as May and as late as October) is just as hot. Then there's the terrain (or lack thereof). From the tollway near my house, if you took a 360 degree panoramic photo, you would see roof shingles on the flat horizon in every direction. The drivers here are TERRIBLE (What the hell is the deal with these "Texas Turns" where they will turn right and completely cross traffic into a left lane?!?), and then there's the aforementioned tollways. They MORE than make up for the state tax.

In a nutshell - Texas has been fun, but I'm packing my bags. While I don't hate it here, and I'm not bashing it - I will certainly say that if you are considering a move to Texas you need to be aware of these things. And I will also admit that most of my issues with Texas are just my opinion - I can't stand heat! Lots of people love it - and they'll do quite well here.

The spotting is good, albeit somewhat predictable - but as a fellow airliners.netter has as his signature, "right now there's an AA MD80 over my house."

Drew  wave 

MSNDC9

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Quoting Us330 (Reply 20):
There are state taxes--property and sales tax (8.25% on everything, or so it seems...having grown up with it, I'm amazed when I'm elsewhere and I buy something without a sales tax). What you meant to say was "no state income taxes."

Pretty much every state has similar property and sales taxes in addition to the income taxes.

Texas does a good job of keeping their government spending in check. A lot of states should take notice, especially the liberal dominated spend happy states that are a financial train wreck right now.

[Edited 2009-09-28 11:32:19]

DocLightning

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Quoting Us330 (Reply 20):
We are lightyears behind other cities in developing a cohesive public transportation plan, not helped by the massive urban sprawl that occurs when there are few (if any) geographical barriers to settlement

Yup. And what you are going to wind up is a traffic situation similar to Los Angeles. Don't say we didn't warn ya!

MSNDC9

Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 23):
Yup. And what you are going to wind up is a traffic situation similar to Los Angeles. Don't say we didn't warn ya!

Building and expanding roadways in cities where urban sprall dominates will always be more efficient and cost effective.

Texas will be fine.

us330

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Look, I know--for the record, lack of public transport is one of the things I hate about Dallas (amongst others--namely, as previously described, the heat and mugging humidity).
See Houston for example.

andrewuber

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Quoting Us330 (Reply 25):
lack of public transport is one of the things I hate about Dallas

In retrospect, they are making considerable progress on DART, the new tracks are popping up everywhere. Once that system is operable I expect Dallas to be an easier place to live (although I'll be long gone LOL).

They are also improving roads and building new ones at a breakneck pace. I live near Eldorado Road in Frisco (we currently refer to it as "Helldorado Road"), and it's about to finally re-open in full capacity. It went from a 2 lane country road to a 5 lane divided highway in about one year.

121 and the Dallas North Tollway are two other major improvements. While they will cost you an arm and a leg, these two roads chopped the commute to DFW from 1 hr 15 mins to about 25 mins. Well worth the three bucks toll.

Drew  wave 

fraspotter

Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:43 pm

Though I was born in Germany and lived there my entire life, my father's family was historically from Texas (Ennis area to be exact). Now most of the family lives in the College Station area (about midway between Houston and Austin) and I myself live in Huntsville area an hour north of Houston where I go to school. This is an UNBELIEVABLE place to live. Great sights, great people, great food, the home and land prices are SO much less than you would find in places like CA, others have mentioned the airports... Sure it's no Mecca (everyplace has their downsides) but it sure beats the west coast...  Wink

MSNDC9

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Quoting AndrewUber (Reply 26):
While they will cost you an arm and a leg, these two roads chopped the commute to DFW from 1 hr 15 mins to about 25 mins. Well worth the three bucks toll.

...and if 40% (Soon to be 60%) of Federal gasoline taxes wasn't being diverted to mass transit to subsidize the money losing transit systems across America, it wouldn't cost you $3 to use that road.

[Edited 2009-09-28 14:09:02]

dxing
Topic Author

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Quoting AndrewUber (Reply 26):
121 and the Dallas North Tollway are two other major improvements. While they will cost you an arm and a leg, these two roads chopped the commute to DFW from 1 hr 15 mins to about 25 mins. Well worth the three bucks toll.

I live north of IAH and work downtown. I rarely use I45 on the way into work since it's always a throw of the dice as to what you'll get. If you are running late you can be pretty much garaunteed that there will be an accident or some other slow down. So it's the Hardy Toll Road for me and well worth the 2.50 it costs.

The bus is available but unfortunately since I usually work 2-10pm if my relief is even a bit tardy I'll miss the last bus and then it becomes a 3 hour tour by way of the airport and my wife picking me up to get back to the truck.

aznmadsci

Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:57 pm

Comon down y'all!

Howdy Y'all! Welcome to Texas!

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 1):
Great people, guns, spotting. Only negative is those damn tolls!

Tolls? If y'all have the TxTag, it's an easy breeze without even having to stop for the tag to get detected! Makes traveling on the I-10 HOT lanes so much nicer!

I love living in IAH, great city, great food and great airports. The only thing i dont like are hurricanes like Ike

Ike was more interesting than Rita. Missed what happened to area during Alisha.

Quoting Jcs17 (Reply 5):
However, I don't think I could ever move to Houston or San Antonio.

Ahh ... the Houston vs. Dallas banter. Gotta love it!

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 6):
I have a HUGE Texas flag hanging on the wall in my bedroom.

You should see how my parents decorated their little Seattle place. Longhorn and the Texas star door knobs as well as a bunch of Texas-themed niknaks!

Quoting DXing (Reply 9):

yummy   bigthumbsup 

Quoting 76794p (Reply 10):
but for a good normal burger I like Little Bigs

Lil Bigs is good for sliders. Best burgers in Houston ... Lankford Grocery!

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 11):
I lived in midtown/downtown area.

I have lived in the area for the past 7 years and love it here!

Um... word to the wise, have some good transit planning!

I can't wait to see how Houston's new lines turn out in 2012!

No TxDOT buys out the land and expands. Check out the brand new section of I-10 with the new HOT lane! It sucked during the construction, but it makes my drive to my parents less bearable than before!

Overall, I've lived here off and on for 15yrs and it's not a bad place, though I know there are better with better climates. You take what you can and go discover the little gems. If you can, avoid the suburbs!!!!!

76794p

Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:35 am

Quoting FRAspotter (Reply 27):
I myself live in Huntsville area

Most of the population in the Huntsville area is employed by the prison system or serving time in it.

Quoting AznMadSci (Reply 30):
Missed what happened to area during Alisha.

If you were born after 83' you missed it ,my parents were in town dating at my dads parents when it struck, 3 days without power in Tanglewood.
[/quote]

Lil Bigs is good for sliders. Best burgers in Houston ... Lankford Grocery

I keep meaning to go there, I also want to go to Bubbas, a little shack under the westpark tollway.

I can't wait to see how Houston's new lines turn out in 2012!

I live in the med center and please NO rail on Richmond, it would suck.

boeingfever777

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:09 am

There are a lot of liberals and Democrats in that influx. An awful lot of them.

TXDOT does a very good job of managing their projects. Current Projects for TXDOT by district.

IADCA

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:25 am

A good part of the appeal of TX is also that there's something for everyone there; you've got coastline, broad open plains, cities, liberal areas, conservative areas, etc. In some ways, it's a bit of a microcosm of the country. I'd be happy to move to TX in a heartbeat.

RussianJet

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:34 am

Howdy pardners. Yee-haw!

That's all I have to say about Texas.

OA260

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:21 am

Quoting AirframeAS (Reply 19):
I visited AUS in May of this year and LOVED every minute of it!

I have been to Austin a few times. Best place in the USA IMHO. Great people , really clean and safe. Lots to do . Would love to go back soon.

fraspotter

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:49 am

Quoting 76794p (Reply 31):
Most of the population in the Huntsville area is employed by the prison system or serving time in it.

ok...... what's you're point?

Type-Rated

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:19 pm

After living in Houston (now The Woodlands)for 30 years now I have made the following observations:

While the heat is a challenge, almost everything is air conditioned. But while we pay for this in the summer we are rewarded with beautiful fall and winter days with moderate temperatures. The coldest it got last winter was 27F, most of the time it's above 32F.

While we have no state income tax, but our housing property taxes are very high compared to other cities.

There is a lot of crime in Houston. It seems the police can't keep up with it, especially home invasions. We also have a lot of gang activity as well. Crime from the Gunspoint area is moving up 45 to the north. 1960/I45 is now known as "Gunspoint North". I wonder how long I have before it comes to my neighborhood?

For every well educated professional type we have a handful of non educated rednecks running around with very little to no common sense. The news usually starts off with some tragedy caused by someone acting stupid.

And lastly, there is more animal abuse here than in any other city I have seen. While working for an animal shelter, just when I have thought I have seen it all something even more horrific comes in.

Fly2HMO

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 37):

While the heat is a challenge, almost everything is air conditioned.

I didn't find Houston hot by any means. Then again, this is coming from somebody that grew up in the Sonoran Desert.  flamed 

The problem with Houston is humidity. It gets super stuffy in the summer.

[Edited 2009-09-29 11:34:28]

AA757MIA

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:52 pm

I'd love to live in TX as well (the DFW area) but for some reason I can't no longer stand the heat!  hot 

Quoting FlyDeltaJets87 (Reply 6):
After living in Florida...I can't say that Texas is anywhere near as bad...when it comes to tolls.

checkmark 

kc135topboom

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 13):
Quoting Okie (Reply 12):

uh, not exactly, yes better then the rest of the US, but still far from thriving:

But on the downside, the governor neglects to mention that more jobs were lost last month in Texas than in any other state.

Although Texas' 8 percent unemployment rate remains below the national average of 9.7 percent, its jobless rate is climbing faster than most states.

More than half the nation's states have seen their unemployment rates jump by at least 60 percent this year, and Texas is one of them. A year ago, only 5 percent of Texans were jobless, well below the national norm. Other federal statistics show Texas struggles at the bottom of the economic ladder. The Census Bureau's recently released report on health insurance found Texas leading the nation in uninsured population and uncovered children. One out of every four people living in Texas in 2008 lacked health insurance.

Well, most of those without health care here in Texas are illegal aliens, which the Census Bur. did not mention. I live in Fort Worth, and love it here. I retired from DFW, and have a great pension from their. What I like best about Texas is we are a red state.

aznmadsci

Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Quoting 76794p (Reply 31):
If you were born after 83' you missed it

I was in 2nd grade when she stopped by and I had just missed her by a few months since we moved to Houston from West Texas around Christmas time.

Quoting Type-Rated (Reply 37):
We also have a lot of gang activity as well. Crime from the Gunspoint area is moving up 45 to the north. 1960/I45 is now known as "Gunspoint North". I wonder how long I have before it comes to my neighborhood?

Yeah there's Gunspoint in the North and Sharpshootertown in the South. My one complaint with the rise in crime in Houston, it wasn't like this before Katrina hit.

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 38):
The problem with Houston is humidity. It gets super stuffy in the summer.

I guess I grew up with the humidity so I rather have it hot and humid than hot and dry.

DocLightning

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:42 pm

Quoting Boeingfever777 (Reply 32):

OK, those geographic maps are interesting, IF AND ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ THEM. Let me give you a hint: California's geopolitical map looks very similar. All red and three blue spots.

See all those red bits? Each red bit might have as few as 1,000 people in it. Sometimes less, especially in the northwestern parts of the state.

Now, see those blue bits? One of them is Houston. It's got a bit more than 1,000 people in it. Another is Dallas/Ft. Worth. Another is San Antonio. Another is Austin.

In fact, in 2004, fully 40% of Texas voted for Kerry. I'd wager 98% of those votes came out of those blue bits.

So where are all these people who are moving to Texas moving? Well, most of them are moving to the blue bits. And most of them are probably blue voters. It will be interesting to see if Texas becomes the next Democratic stronghold. It is certainly possible.

boeingfever777

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 42):
IF AND ONLY IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ THEM. Let me give you a hint: California's geopolitical map looks very similar. All red and three blue spots.

R u serious?

Yeah I know this... My parents reside in Laguna Beach, CA and are Republican.

I do not need you placing all caps on a point your trying to make.

Also looks to me more blue than red...

Percentage Obama = 61.01% McCain = 36.95%

fraspotter

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:05 am

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 42):
It will be interesting to see if Texas becomes the next Democratic stronghold. It is certainly possible.

Yeah it's interesting how that map of Texas reads... But this whole thing with Texas being a die hard red state is relatively recently developed (around 1980ish I think). Before that it was almost always guaranteed to be a blue state. Just as up until 20 or so years ago, CA was almost always a red state... When I think of a traditional red state, Texas isn't even the one that comes to mind. That honor goes to Oklahoma. It was the only state that I can think of right now that was PURE red for the 2004 election. Not a single county went blue.

KPDX

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:09 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 9):

Ha. Funny you mentioned that seeing that I am eating Whataburger right this second. Big grin

DocLightning

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:48 am

Quoting FRAspotter (Reply 44):

Yeah it's interesting how that map of Texas reads... But this whole thing with Texas being a die hard red state is relatively recently developed (around 1980ish I think). Before that it was almost always guaranteed to be a blue state. Just as up until 20 or so years ago, CA was almost always a red state...

Yup, and for similar reasons. Change in demographics.

Quoting Boeingfever777 (Reply 43):

Yup. Pretty much the opposite of Texas in '04.

The thing is that Texas and California haven't been seen as battleground states in politics. California has been an essential DNC state for about 20 years now and Texas has been an essential GOP state for about the same amount of time.

This could turn Texas into a battleground state in as little as 2-3 election cycles.

Okie

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:12 am

Quoting FRAspotter (Reply 44):
That honor goes to Oklahoma. It was the only state that I can think of right now that was PURE red for the 2004 election. Not a single county went blue

Glad you noticed

Okie

fraspotter

Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:16 am

Wow, I'm surprised Orange County went republican... What I'm also surprised with is Nevada County (the pistol shaped county near Lake Tahoe). My Aunt lives near Grass Valley and is a die hard liberal democrat. She constantly complains about the area because there are so many "conservative republican rednecks" as she so "delicately" put it... If the county went democrat, I'm beginning to wonder whether her head is screwed on correctly (though I've been wondering about that for awhile)...  Smile

ABQ747

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:17 am

No wonder California is going down the toilet, and is on the verge of bankruptcy. I'm sure glad I don't live there.