Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

fxramper
Topic Author

Sarah Palin: Going Rogue (pic)

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Seriously, wtf?  banghead 

She is nothing more than a money hungry sell out, imho. I'll pick up the condensed Going Rogue for Dummies this spring; maybe. Wonder what McCain will do with his autographed 1st edition?  vomit 

article

falstaff

RE: Sarah Palin: Going Rogue (pic)

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Quoting Fxramper (Thread starter):
She is nothing more than a money hungry sell out

Lots of politicians write books, so what? Why is the left so worked up about her? If she is nobody, like they claim , they would they care about her. Why are they so affraid of her?

mbmbos

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Wonder what McCain will do with his autographed 1st edition?

It depends on whether the pages are two ply.

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 1):
Why are they so affraid of her?

Afraid or amused? Afraid or incredulous?

Aaron747

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Chuck Yeager - that was "an American Life". Colin Powell could very well use same. Ms. Palin, sorry you are a willing victim of publishers' overdone hyperbole.  Yeah sure

dtwclipper

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:35 pm

Why are they so affraid of her?

Wow, took all of one post to bring up the "we're afraid of Palin" BS.

As in all the other Palin threads, let us say upfront. Nobody on the left is afraid of Palin. If that is all the Palinbots have to toss around it is getting pretty pathetic!

BTW Dx, once again, I did not start this thread!

JakeOrion

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:40 pm

She is nothing more than a money hungry sell out, imho.

Big version: Width: 415 Height: 640 File size: 160kb

Big version: Width: 524 Height: 695 File size: 39kb

Big version: Width: 533 Height: 342 File size: 67kb

Big version: Width: 327 Height: 500 File size: 35kb

falstaff

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 2):
Afraid or amused?

affraid.... If they were amused they wouldn't be so mad when she opens her mouth.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 4):
Nobody on the left is afraid of Palin

I am sure somebody might be. I think a lot of people think she will stir up angry Republicans. I am a Republican, but I'm not angry.

Personally I think she is irrelevant, she was only the VP candidate to counteract Obama being black and to get some of the Woman vote that Clinton would have got. Palin would not have been a very good VP. Palin cost us the election, so I am not a big fan of hers. If we had to have a Democrat for President it should have been Hillary Clinton.

mt99

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Looks like some Republicans are afraid of her too:

WASHINGTON (CNN) — The man who ran John McCain's presidential campaign warned Friday that Sarah Palin could lead to a 'catastrophic' election result for the GOP in 2012 if the former Alaska governor captures the party's presidential nomination.

Tugger

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Why is the left so worked up about her? If she is nobody, like they claim , they would they care about her. Why are they so affraid of her?

It's not the left that's scared, and its not her that scares many on the right and in the center, its that fact to so many people (I had another word instead of "people" but I didn't want to seem too harsh) seemed to take such a fancy to her and hang on her every comment as if it were the best thing ever said. She was a shallow candidate who has done very little for any cause, and she even bailed out of the job she was hired for, but many people seem to love her for some reason and that is a reason to be scared.

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 6):
Personally I think she is irrelevant, she was only the VP candidate to counteract Obama being black and to get some of the Woman vote that Clinton would have got. Palin would not have been a very good VP. Palin cost us the election, so I am not a big fan of hers. If we had to have a Democrat for President it should have been Hillary Clinton.

checkmark 
But I will add one caveat: she is not irrelevant for the simple reason you noted, she badly affected the election. But that's politics.

Tugg

mbmbos

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:06 pm

affraid.... If they were amused they wouldn't be so mad when she opens her mouth.

Okay, well I'll fess up. I'm afraid. Not of Sarah Palin, but that there are numerous twits out there who keep her in the limelight, who would vote for her given the chance. It is painfully obvious how lacking she is in terms of emotional depth or intellectual acuity. If she were to actually succeed in winning the presidency we would once again have someone behind the throne actually running the administration (because she surely can't). And the results would likely be more disastrous than that of the Bush administration.

That's something to be afraid of.

...she was only the VP candidate to counteract Obama being black and to get some of the Woman vote that Clinton would have got.

But how cynical is that? Can the Republican party do no better than Palin? Could they not find a single competent candidate who could attract female voters? That's pretty sad. It was extremely irresponsible and cynical of the McCain to even nominate her.

travelexec

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Does it come with crayons?

falstaff

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 9):
If she were to actually succeed in winning the presidency we would once again have someone behind the throne actually running the administration (because she surely can't).

Some would say we had that under Bush and somepeople, like me, think we have that now.

Quoting TravelExec (Reply 10):

nope; colored pencils  Silly

Gatorman96

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:21 pm

I bet she is looking at Russia...

offloaded

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:21 pm

Quoting TravelExec (Reply 10):

No, but George Bush's will.

Quoting Tugger (Reply 8):
she is not irrelevant for the simple reason you noted, she badly affected the election

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 7):
The man who ran John McCain's presidential campaign warned Friday that Sarah Palin could lead to a 'catastrophic' election result for the GOP in 2012 if the former Alaska governor captures the party's presidential nomination.

I would say Palin made a significant contribution to Obama's election, and will do the same for him in 2012.

The woman needs to get off the damn stage already. The curtain already came down.

mbmbos

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 11):
...and somepeople, like me, think we have that now.

And who, pray tell, do you think is really running the current administration? Inquiring minds would like to know.

fxramper
Topic Author

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Where is she going with the ROGUE title? Is she the new martyr for the GOP? Lets hope David Copperfield will kidnap her to his secret magic island and we will be rid of her.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 7):
WASHINGTON (CNN) --- The man who ran John McCain's presidential campaign warned Friday that Sarah Palin could lead to a 'catastrophic' election result for the GOP in 2012 if the former Alaska governor captures the party's presidential nomination.

I'm confident Pawlenty and his newly formed PAC will squash any attempts.

Quoting Offloaded (Reply 13):
No, but George Bush's will.

Lets stay on topic here.  rotfl 

offloaded

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Quoting Fxramper (Reply 15):
Where is she going with the ROGUE title?

Her publisher probably thought "I've heard that title before somewhere... now where was it...?"

slider

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:56 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 7):

WASHINGTON (CNN) — The man who ran John McCain's presidential campaign warned Friday that Sarah Palin could lead to a 'catastrophic' election result for the GOP in 2012 if the former Alaska governor captures the party's presidential nomination.

The man who ran McCain’s campaign, along with a few others in that camp, are hardly credible about anything. They sabotaged Palin outright not to mention ran one of the shittiest campaigns in modern history. If not for Palin, they’d have gotten buried. No cred whatsoever in citing a McCain campaign person.

Wow, interesting to read all the vitriol to Sarah. It’s a good validator I suppose.

Caryjack

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:43 pm

It depends on whether the pages are two ply

Now that's funny!  laughing 

She is nothing more than a money hungry sell out

I understand that Hillery got a $5 million advance for her first book which occurred while she was in office.

Nobody on the left is afraid of Palin

I am sure somebody might be. I think a lot of people think she will stir up angry Republicans. I am a Republican, but I'm not angry

She's managed to strike a cord with middle class families, especially working mothers. If that works in Seattle it'll work anywhere. I'll admit to being a bit angry about the way the US foreign policy is going, the economy is tanking and what I see as a money grab concerning some health care proposals.

Palin would not have been a very good VP. Palin cost us the election, so I am not a big fan of hers.

Many VPs aren't all that good and I doubt any has ever cost anyone an election. Consider Dan Quale who was brought in for the Soap Opera crowd, or the current incumbent who covered the establishment guys. Neither could stand alone nationally.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 7):
The man who ran John McCain's presidential campaign warned Friday that Sarah Palin could lead to a 'catastrophic' election result for the GOP

He lead McCain's catastrophic effort, right? I suspect he needs someone to blame for such a poor result. I don't believe the McCain/Palin package had any more of a chance then the Dole/Whoever package. Running old guys because it's their turn is a loosing strategy. I doubt we'll see the DNC running say, Byrd.
Thanks,
Cary  smile 

falstaff

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 14):
And who, pray tell, do you think is really running the current administration? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I don't know, but I think BHO is a just a front man for those on the far left. He came out of nowhere in a very short time. A lot of lefties thought the GWB wasn't running the show either. If you thought that it shouldn't be much of a jump to see why I might think that. Most people who run for president, that have a chance of winning, have been on the polictal scene for a long time. They don't need to be introduced to the country as the country already knows who they are. I think that the Democrats made a deal with Hillary because they needed a president who would do whatever the far left said, Clinton is her own woman and would do what she wanted to do and wouldn't let anyone walk on her.

People were talking about BHO running for President back in 2004 after he spoke at the DNC. I remember wondering at the time who BHO was. Usually when the media is talking about presidential candidates they mention people I have heard of. At the time BHO was a state senator and candidate for the US senate. There were a lot of other speakers at the DNC that year; such as these US senators: Tom Daschle, Dick Durbin, Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, Barbara Mikulski, Harry Reid, Joe Biden, and Joe Lieberman. All of them were way more high profile and well known than BHO. I only remember the media talking about Clinton and Obama. It seems odd that the pundits were already talking about an unknown (on a national level) state level politician. The man didn't do anything spectacular, or anything too dumb either, to be noticed. Lots of other well known people spoke then too and none of them were mentioned as a being a possible POTUS.

NIKV69

Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 7):
WASHINGTON (CNN) — The man who ran John McCain's presidential campaign warned Friday that Sarah Palin could lead to a 'catastrophic' election result for the GOP in 2012 if the former Alaska governor captures the party's presidential nomination

I am really disappointed in her. If she didn't resign and stayed Governor and didn't let the morons like Letterman and Couric get to her she could have had a nice political career but she strayed big time. Sad.

Dreadnought

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:03 pm

She is nothing more than a money hungry sell out, imho.

Quoting Slider (Reply 17):

Wow, interesting to read all the vitriol to Sarah. It’s a good validator I suppose.

Agreed. If Dems were not worried they wouldn't spend so much time trying desperately to ridicule her.

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 19):

I don't know, but I think BHO is a just a front man for those on the far left.

There are a number of people pulling the strings, including Vallerie Jerret, Dave Axelrod and Rahm Emmanuel, and bunch of people a little further removed. It least we should all be hoping that they are running things, because Obama knows nothing about nothing. Seriously, for all the mockery that Dems heap on Palin, her accomplishments and character run rings around the current White House occupant.

Tugger

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:04 pm

By your criteria, you are validating President Obama as well.

Good to hear. But I don't think vitriol does anything to "validate" anyone.

Tugg

slider

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 20):
I am really disappointed in her. If she didn't resign and stayed Governor and didn't let the morons like Letterman and Couric get to her she could have had a nice political career but she strayed big time. Sad.

The converse is also one possibility in looking at it too....

Now that she's stepped down, she can let it rip, uncorked, free from the encumbrances and restrictions she would otherwise have to deal with. She’s serving AK best by not being a distraction—she’s the “it” girl for better or worse so I thought there was a crazy-like-a-fox approach in delinking Alaska politics and that stuff from her personally. Moreover, she’s already added to the political debate via the Facebook postings, which have been well written and erudite.

Besides, as citizen and not governor Palin, she’s in a position to retort back to the Lettermans of the world. That’s one way of looking at it too.

dxing

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Going Rogue for Dummies this spring; maybe.

Yes, perhaps you should wait for that. The above original is probably to complex for you as well as most liberals to comprehend.  stirthepot 

BTW Dx, once again, I did not start this thread!

Most likely only because somene was faster than you. Still 8 out of the first 10 posts are the usual negative stuff that shows the lefts fear of her.

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 7):
The man who ran John McCain's presidential campaign

Now there's someone we need to pay attention too!!

its that fact to so many people (I had another word instead of "people" but I didn't want to seem too harsh) seemed to take such a fancy to her and hang on her every comment as if it were the best thing ever said.

Exactly the same thing could be said of our current President. Unfortunately for him, the Olympic committee seems to immune.

It's a book, nothing more nothing less. I don't expect that the President will give her the Medal of Freedom for it but if it helps pay off some of her legal bills brought on by frivolous lawsuits then good for her.

falstaff

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 21):
her accomplishments and character run rings around the current White House occupant.

I am a Republican and I voted for McCain/Palin, I also cling to my guns and religion. I would agree that she has better character than BHO, but her experience level is about the same. He never finished his first term as a Senator and she didn't finish her first term as governor.

Caryjack

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:27 pm

she badly affected the election

I doubt it. The McCain effort was poorly run and McCain himself is unelectable on the national stage.

The man who ran McCain's campaign, along with a few others in that camp, are hardly credible about anything. They sabotaged Palin outright not to mention ran one of the shittiest campaigns in modern history. If not for Palin, they'd have gotten buried. No cred whatsoever in citing a McCain campaign person.

I don't get the part about sabotaging Palin but the campaign staff was inept and did generate a poor effort.

Wow, interesting to read all the vitriol to Sarah. It's a good validator I suppose.

checkmark  This is another part I don't get.  scratchchin  Nobody cares a bit about Quale or the ridicules things Biden does & says but when Palin shows her face a flame war erupts. If she comes to Seattle I'll pay to see for myself.
Thanks,
Cary  smile 

dtwclipper

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:38 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 24):
Most likely only because somene was faster than you

Not really, I read about her book a couple of days ago, but I didn't feel like it was worth the bandwidth.

Still 8 out of the first 10 posts are the usual negative stuff that shows the lefts fear of her.

Please give us example of how the left is afraid of her, rather than just repeating Rush & Beck!

travelexec

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Quoting Offloaded (Reply 13):

I would say Palin made a significant contribution to Obama's election, and will do the same for him in 2012.

The woman needs to get off the damn stage already. The curtain already came down.

I would say that might be a really good reason to wish her all the best in the primaries next time around...  Wink

If not for Palin, they’d have gotten buried.

rotfl   scared 
Not sure if this is really funny or really scary.
Palin is soooooooooooooooooo unelectable it is only incredible.

I think BHO is a just a front man for those on the far left.

While I know that Obama is relatively much farther to the left than most of the Republican party, and than many would like in the US, he is not far left at all.

Americans seem to have no idea at all what far left really means... He is only half way towards most of Europe's left wing of today, who themselves look like fascists compared to Europe's left wing in the 1970s...

I also cannot understand how "liberal" has become a dirty word for many in the US when most policies that are espoused by proud americans are exactly that - liberal... Centre-right and right wing economic policy is all liberal for example... most left wing economic policy (tariffs, taxes, protectionism etc) are exactly the opposite... Funny the power of "words" and how they get bandied about...

Mir

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Afraid or amused?

Amused, definitely. I'm sort of curious as to what she has to say - not enough that I'd buy the book, but enough that I'd thumb through it in a bookstore on occasion.

The man who ran McCain’s campaign, along with a few others in that camp, are hardly credible about anything.

It was only after Palin's entry into the picture that things really started to go downhill - up to that point, the McCain campaign had been pretty solid.

-Mir

NIKV69

Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 23):
Now that she's stepped down, she can let it rip, uncorked, free from the encumbrances and restrictions she would otherwise have to deal with. She’s serving AK best by not being a distraction—she’s the “it” girl for better or worse so I thought there was a crazy-like-a-fox approach in delinking Alaska politics and that stuff from her personally. Moreover, she’s already added to the political debate via the Facebook postings, which have been well written and erudite.

Besides, as citizen and not governor Palin, she’s in a position to retort back to the Lettermans of the world. That’s one way of looking at it too.

I couldn't disagree more. What the left wing attack media was doing was hardly a distraction and she shouldn't have let it bother her. As a successful governor of a big state while being a hottie and a mother of a big family she had the world by the balls but by throwing it away and stooping to Letterman and Couric's level she has discredited herself. It's a waste.

dxing

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 27):
Not really, I read about her book a couple of days ago, but I didn't feel like it was worth the bandwidth.

Yet somehow the flame was just too great to ignore here?

Please give us example of how the left is afraid of her

The thread, and the numerous ones like it, are replete with examples many of yours included.

"I didn't feel like it was worth the bandwith", but as soon as you saw someone else start one you jumped right in with both feet!!!  rotfl   rotfl 

planespotting

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Most people who run for president, that have a chance of winning, have been on the polictal scene for a long time.

Did you know who Bill Clinton was before he gave the DNC national address in 1988?

The above original is probably to complex for you as well as most liberals to comprehend.

Especially if she also confuses the usage of the words "too" and "to."

(Cheap shot I know, but I couldn't resist) Big grin

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 25):
but her experience level is about the same.

A brief stint as a TV news reporter, small town city council member and mayor, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission member and two and a half years as Governor vs. Editor of the Harvard Law Review, community organizer, civil rights attorney, 12 years as a law professor, eight years as a state representative and four years as a US Senator?

The same? Hardly.

AirframeAS

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:38 pm

A lot of politicians write books. To some members here, it sounds like Palin is not allowed to write a book but it is ok for other politicians to write books. Boggles my mind, but okay.

Whatever.

Some people need to grow up a bit. There is more to life than sweating the small stuff.

Dreadnought

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:39 pm

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 32):
A brief stint as a TV news reporter, small town city council member and mayor, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission member and two and a half years as Governor vs. Editor of the Harvard Law Review, community organizer, civil rights attorney, 12 years as a law professor, eight years as a state representative and four years as a US Senator?

The same? Hardly.

You're right. She did something useful.

flanker

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:41 pm

What the hell is wrong with writing a book?

dtwclipper

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 31):
Yet somehow the flame was just too great to ignore here?

Anytime my friend, anytime. It is just soooo much fun to watch the Palinbots squirm whenever her name is mentioned!

Quoting DXing (Reply 31):
Please give us example of how the left is afraid of her

The thread, and the numerous ones like it, are replete with examples many of yours included.

Nice way of not providing an answer. Very clever indeed.

Now, how about backing up you statements with some facts.

planespotting

Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 34):
She did something useful.

Please enlighten the uninformed.

dxing

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 36):
Anytime my friend, anytime. It is just soooo much fun to watch the Palinbots squirm whenever her name is mentioned!

I'm certainly not squirming. I'm happy her advance sales are doing so well. Obviously that bothers a lot on the left since the OP is clearly making fun of her and in the process setting himself up as a dummy.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 36):
Now, how about backing up you statements with some facts.

They are all right there for the picking. Do you really want to go there? I'm on vacation so I have all day.

Dreadnought

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:11 pm

Quoting Planespotting (Reply 37):

Please enlighten the uninformed.

Nothing new. Just that Obama has never done anything useful to society.

Editor of the Harvard Law Review

By all accounts an affirmative action appointment.

community organizer

How many brothels and crackhouses did he help set up? How many mortgage companies did he blackmail into giving loans to people who couldn't afford them (the subject of the training session where Obama is pictured at the blackboard). And wasn't it mortgages to people who shouldn't have them that caused... naaahhh.

civil rights attorney

A scumsucking lawyer. We have them by the millions.

12 years as a law professor

Part-time, Training more scumsucking lawyers. Considering we have 70% of the world's lawyers already, that is hardly useful, and considering his radical views on Constitutional Law, I doubt his pupils will be very useful either.

eight years as a state representative

Woopty-do. Amateur league. A state rep has virtually no responsibility.

four years as a US Senator

Two years. The remaining two he was in full campaign mode. And a senator has little responsibility as well.

I see no executive experience. No experience creating anything. Lots of experience on how to take stuff though, I'll grant you that.

kc135topboom

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Quoting Mt99 (Reply 7):

The man who ran McCain’s campaign, along with a few others in that camp, are hardly credible about anything. They sabotaged Palin outright not to mention ran one of the shittiest campaigns in modern history. If not for Palin, they’d have gotten buried. No cred whatsoever in citing a McCain campaign person.

Correct, the McCain camp is nothing but a bunch of loosers. They should have been Democrats in the eyes of most GOP'rs I know.

Everyone does know that Sarah Palin's book, "Going Rogue, an American life" will have a first printing of 1.5 million copies, something almost unheard of. In Contrast, both Obama's and Bill Clinton's books got a first printing of 500,000 books, and Hillery Clinton's book got a first printing of 1 million books.

Gov. Palin could make $7M from this book

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27755392/

Or $11 million

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...er-with-11m-book-deal/1362216.aspx

She is already a "best seller" at Barnes and Noble, and Amazon.com

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed7/idUSTRE5905X220091001

I wonder how many books will be in the second printing?

Caryjack

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 9):
If she were to actually succeed in winning the presidency we would once again have someone behind the throne actually running the administration

I believe that that's the case today. As far as I can tell our current President's experience consists solely of raising political contributions on the streets of Chicago.

Quoting Gatorman96 (Reply 12):
I bet she is looking at Russia...

laughing  That's funny, at least to someone who's been there. Those who haven't may not see the humor.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 21):
There are a number of people pulling the strings, including Vallerie Jerret, Dave Axelrod and Rahm Emmanuel, and bunch of people a little further removed. It least we should all be hoping that they are running things, because Obama knows nothing about nothing.

I'd start with Reid and Pelosi, Obama has said that he will sign any health care legislation they send him. I'd guess that promise also applies to other types of legislation. Money talks so George Soros would also be an important player. Obama worked with the folks at Acorn and Acorn has received government grant money so I'd look there also.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 29):

BTW, it is Quayle.

Thanks. I just don't care enough about him to look it up.  biggrin 

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 29):
If he were around to day (as in polotics), people would be having a field day. He was a lot of fun back in the day.

checkmark  All true but my point is that even a VP such as Quayle couldn't lose an election, even with two efforts!!  eyepopping 

Thanks,  smile 
Cary

dtwclipper

Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 41):
They are all right there for the picking. Do you really want to go there? I'm on vacation so I have all day.

Sure, I want someone to please detail how people are afraid of her. You folks go on and on about some mystical fear the left is supposed to have of her, but you guys can not provide facts. So, please provide some.

planespotting

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 39):
By all accounts an affirmative action appointment.

Whose accounts? Your own? Do you know what it sounds like when folks whine about affirmative action?

How many brothels and crackhouses did he help set up?

You tell me. I'd guess zero, most likely.

A scumsucking lawyer. We have them by the millions.

Most law students and law professors (and judges, for that matter), have ideals.

Part-time, Training more scumsucking lawyers.

See above.

Woopty-do. Amateur league. A state rep has virtually no responsibility.

A state rep has to learn how to make friends and get votes and promote legislation (and make sure it gets through). It's mission and team building, across both parties. Much more complicated than running for the mayor of a small town on an anti-abortion platform ...

Two years. The remaining two he was in full campaign mode. And a senator has little responsibility as well.

Another disingenuous and opinionated statement not backed up by fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Obama_in_the_United_States_Senate

EI787

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:50 pm

Here we are once again. Another political thread which has degenerated into an immature Republicans -v- Democrats argument.

It's also the same few members who are spoiling the discussions for all.

If members continue to destroy every American political thread on this forum, the threads simply won't be allowed to continue.

Many of the above posters need to seriously alter their posting style immediately in order to remain discussing subjects such as this on Airliners.net.

Thread Locked.