shamrock604

RE: World Cup 2010 Qualifications

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 199):
Well, despite all the (justified) anger by the Irish, this has happened throughout football history and it will continue to happen. Just remember Arg vs. Eng. in 1986.

Non arguement I think. Why not stop it happening, by finally pushing football to move with the times and introduce video technology like very other sport?

GrahamHill

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 198):
We wont be moving anywhere until some justice is done.

I wonder if Georgia would like justice to be done as well, after a penalty was granted for Ireland following an imaginary foul, last February?

Report from the Guardian :

Quote:
72 mins: This is quite fun: the Georgians have no idea why a penalty has been awarded and nor does anyone else. Keane tried to control a long ball and failed and it was cleared and, um, the ref pointed to the spot! A startling decision. As I said in the preamble, it looks like luck is on our side in this campaign.

Did the Irish players tell the ref that there was absolutely no penalty? Should the Georgians ask for a rematch?

Roy Keane (I guess one of the most talented player of Irish football), said today the following:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16428_5706609,00.html

Also, the Irish Times is saying "move on" as well:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...inion/2009/1120/1224259174096.html

Funny enough, Damien Duff said that he would have done exactly the same:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...have-handled-the-ball-1949839.html
"A learned fool is more foolish than an ignorant one" - Moliere

GrahamHill

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 200):
Why not stop it happening, by finally pushing football to move with the times and introduce video technology like very other sport?

I guess it's high time we introduced video as well.

shamrock604

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 201):
Roy Keane (I guess one of the most talented player of Irish football), said today the following:

Roy Keane has had it in for the FAI for quite some time. His word cant be taken seriously, he is so embittered.

Did the Irish players tell the ref that there was absolutely no penalty? Should the Georgians ask for a rematch?

If they felt agrrieved, they should have! Of course they should have!

Also, the Irish Times is saying "move on" as well:

What? And hand your country a place it doesnt deserve at South Africa? Not a hope. How convenient we are told to "move on" by the french.

Thankfully 87% of the french people do not agree with you and feel a rematch must happen.

Even Henry himself has said it should happen!!!

Whats up FFF? Scared we might kick your ass??

[Edited 2009-11-20 08:10:53]

GrahamHill

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 203):
What? And hand your country a place it doesnt deserve at South Africa?

I'm just reporting an article from an Irish newspaper  Wink

Thankfully 87% of the french people do not agree with you and feel a rematch must happen.

I think you misunderstood my message. The "as well" was refering to this:

Today, the FFF had the cheek to tell us we need to "Move on"

So I said that this dude from the Irish Times said Ireland should move on as well. I did not include myself in this.

Scared we might kick your ass??

Not one bit! Come on, we're ready!  Wink

aviationmaster

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:39 pm

1) Why were the rules changed mid way through the qualifiers when it looked like France, Germany and Portugal were at risk of getting through? They may be big nations, but they DO NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC RIGHT to get the world cup

Only a threat by the majority of the participating football federations to boycott the rest of the qualifiers would have worked to get the rules changed back to how they were at the beginning of the campaign.

L410Turbolet

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 197):
I think it's the line referee who should be revoked, because he had a panoramic view on Henry's action. The field ref could not see much from where he was (as far as I remember).

Hopefully this will be the last straw that breaks the back of dinosaurs at FIFA and some sort of video-assisted refereeing will be introduced.
It's almost 2010 for crying out loud!

shamrock604

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 204):
Not one bit! Come on, we're ready!

I wish FFF felt the same. They seem to be running scared like a pack of bitches along with FIFA!  Wink

EZEIZA

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:03 pm

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 206):
Hopefully this will be the last straw that breaks the back of dinosaurs at FIFA and some sort of video-assisted refereeing will be introduced.
It's almost 2010 for crying out loud!

And despite all this, I'm still not convinced I'd welcome the intruduction video. Of course it would make things fair, but on the other hand, a big part of footbal is precisely this; the debate, the ref's decisions, the "was it offside or not?" discussions .. with video assistance we'd lose on this IMHO. Instead of video, I'd add two more ref's on the goal line or something like that, but not video.
And yes, it is 2010, but what major (team) sports use this sort of tech? NFL is the only one that comes to mind. But the other major sports still pretty much rely on humans for refereeing.
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

MUWarriors

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Hat I don't get is why not do what has been done in baseball, and pick the game up from the missed call now? I mean the clock was at a set point, it was clearly offside, so go back to the stadium, put the clock at that point, start it counting, and begin play from the free kick. Play out the remaining time, and if it goes into penalties, then it goes into penalties. No need to replay the whole game. Here is an example of a semi-similar instance that happened in baseball here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Tar_Incident . I know baseball runs differently, but it's easy to recreate the situation, minus player being tired, but all teams will have been rested, and it's therefore still an even playing field.

eicvd

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:53 pm

Fair play to Henry calling for a replay but why say it after FIFA said there would be no chance of a replay? He should of said yesterday, he's only looking for forgiveness now. I honestly believe the whole incident should be forgotten about now by the FAI, everyone knows nothing is going to be done. If we all keep complaining we are just going to be known as very bad losers for along time (& before anyone accuses me of being un-patriotic of course I understand why we should complain). This "protest march" in Dublin from Landsdown Road to the French embassy tomorrow in support of a rematch is pathetic IMO. Its only going to make us Irish a laughing stock I feel. Also those "We hate Thierry Henry" groups on facebook are quite sad too, if anything it should be "We hate FIFA" (the most corrupt worldwide sporting organization) or "We hate that ref" (whatever his name is), afterall it was his decision to allow the goal.
COYBIB

shamrock604

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 208):
And yes, it is 2010, but what major (team) sports use this sort of tech?

Rugby!

evomutant

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 211):

Rugby!

Baseball uses it for some some limited things. HR fair or foul and spectator interference. Not on the bases though.

[Edited 2009-11-20 12:12:40 by evomutant]

shamrock604

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Quoting EICVD (Reply 210):
I honestly believe the whole incident should be forgotten about now by the FAI, everyone knows nothing is going to be done

No, nothing will be done, too many vested interests. After a certain period, we will have to move on, but I dont think it is time yet.

We have to make enough noise that those bastards in FIFA never try anything like this again. Otherwise, it can and will happen other small countries in the future.

It is'nt just Le hand of god that has me riled, its the sum of everything that has happened up to now.

Sure, we dont want to be seen as sore losers, but we cant just roll over and take it either. We have pretty much the whole world behind us as well...... Wink

GrahamHill

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Quoting Evomutant (Reply 212):
So what was the "technical mistake" by the referee in the Bahrain game a few years ago that allowed it to be replayed, that wasn't present here

There was a penalty kick for Uzbekistan. I don't know if you know the soccer rules, but when there is a penalty kick, no other player than the kicker and the goal keeper can be in the box before the ball is kicked. If this happens, the penalty kick should be replayed. During this match, an Uzbek player penetrated in the box before the ball was kicked and the referee, instead of replaying the penalty, gave a free kick to Barhain. This was a violation of the rules and the match has been replayed.

EZEIZA

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:21 pm

"We hate that ref" (whatever his name is), afterall it was his decision to allow the goal.

agreed. He is the responsable person of this. Not Henry. Let's face it, he just went on with the play, no one should expect him to stop unless the ref says so.

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 211):
Rugby!

Thanks, I honestly had no idea since I am not a rugby fan. How is it applied exactly?
In any case, we are talking about only 2 sports (and to a certain extent, in baseball too) among many, so the use of tech is actually an exception rather than a given.

L410Turbolet

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Ice hockey?

Although not a team sport, tennis managed to implement the high-tech in a very sensible way which does not kill the "flow of the game" yet provides an option to challenge the decision when in doubt.

Of course it would make things fair, but on the other hand, a big part of footbal is precisely this; the debate, the ref's decisions, the "was it offside or not?" discussions .. with video assistance we'd lose on this IMHO.

Is it really the essential substance of footbal? Blatant cheating presented as "hand of god", annoying theatrical performances by players who pretend to be fouled...
I do not think absence of the universal excuse for any losing team ("we were screwed by the ref") would hurt the game. Quite opposite.

evomutant

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 214):
Quoting Evomutant (Reply 212):
So what was the "technical mistake" by the referee in the Bahrain game a few years ago that allowed it to be replayed, that wasn't present here

There was a penalty kick for Uzbekistan. I don't know if you know the soccer rules, but when there is a penalty kick, no other player than the kicker and the goal keeper can be in the box before the ball is kicked. If this happens, the penalty kick should be replayed. During this match, an Uzbek player penetrated in the box before the ball was kicked and the referee, instead of replaying the penalty, gave a free kick to Barhain. This was a violation of the rules and the match has been replayed.

Errr, which is what I said.

In that case, laws were applied wrongly= replay. In this case, right laws, bad call= no replay. Two very different circumstances and the first one is no precedent for this one.

(I didn't mean that comment to be there, cookie saved it in reply box)

OA260

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:28 pm

Roy Keane

His word cant be taken seriously, he is so embittered.

A bitter and twisted Man who never ''gets over it'' Since Japan !!

GrahamHill

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 215):
How is it applied exactly?

When there is try difficult to judge (that is to say when 500 kg of players are covering the ball and nobody could see whether there was indeed touchdown or not), the ref is calling for the video. Another referee is in front of a TV and watches replays of the action. It takes between 30 seconds and sometimes 2 minutes to judge if there is try or not. They communicate through radio.

Quoting Evomutant (Reply 217):
Errr, which is what I said.

Sorry, I misunderstood your message.

eicvd

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 215):
agreed. He is the responsable person of this. Not Henry. Let's face it, he just went on with the play, no one should expect him to stop unless the ref says so.

Exactly, some of the Irish players (most of them actually) stopped playing looking for the foul. Now if they had all played on you never know, they could have prevented Gallas getting a touch. Would have been very hard to defend it anyway but who knows what could have happend. Whats that football quote? "Play for the whistle" or something along those lines  Wink

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 213):

I like your optimism Shamrock, I just cant bring my positivity on the subject to your level  Wink
COYBIB

shamrock604

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:45 pm

Quoting EICVD (Reply 220):
I like your optimism Shamrock, I just cant bring my positivity on the subject to your level

I may be a bit of an idealist, yes...  Wink

But we wouldnt be Irish if we didnt fight on, especially against a big country and a corrupt governing body........ tis the stuff of legend and story to be sure to be sure..... Wink  Wink

EZEIZA

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 214):
This was a violation of the rules and the match has been replayed.

the thing is that Henry's hand ball was also a violation of the rules, and a consequent mistake by the ref in not doing anything about it. I don't think the game should be replayed, but based on what happened in the Uzbekistan game, then every game that has controversial decisions should be played (and if that happens I'd change sport!)

Quoting L410Turbolet (Reply 216):
Is it really the essential substance of footbal? Blatant cheating presented as "hand of god", annoying theatrical performances by players who pretend to be fouled...

for me it is essential (the debationg part). It's what everyone talks about on Mondays!  Smile
Now the cheating part ... again, it's the ref that has the blame. I watch NFL for example. How many times does a player make a penalty that is not seen by the refs? And of those, how many times does that player stop and tell the refs "wrong call"? I don't consider it cheating per se (cheating would be having the game fixed for example), I see it more of a "take the max advantage of a situation", the situation being the ref is blind.

GrahamHill

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Quoting EZEIZA (Reply 222):
the thing is that Henry's hand ball was also a violation of the rules

But that's different. In this case, the referee did not go by the book. He knew what he was doing and did it wrong.

For Henry's case, the ref "did not see". There is slight difference.

Aither

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:55 pm

I don't think Henry thought "cool I'm going to cheat". It just happened, it was just an offensive reflex and a combination of things happened : the referree did not see the hand, another french player was well positioned to score and the Irish defense did a mistake.

It's part of the game. Sometimes it happens in your favor sometimes it does not. If you want to avoid this kind of "risk" you have to score goals. The objective of a soccer game is not to dominate but to score goals. Did the Irish team scored goals ? well only one during more than 3 hours. They should blame themselves first for their inefficiency. ,Too bad for the Irish team and not a great victory for the french team but there is nothing outrageous about this whole story, it's a sport, referee do mistake and it's not always the dominating team who wins. Accept that or don't play.
Never trust the obvious

LTU932

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Fair play to Henry calling for a replay but why say it after FIFA said there would be no chance of a replay? He should of said yesterday, he's only looking for forgiveness now.

Yes, and he should NOT have celebrated the goal if he knew that he used the hand "out of a reflex".  Yeah sure
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

shamrock604

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Quoting Aither (Reply 224):
Did the Irish team scored goals ? well only one during more than 3 hours. They should blame themselves first for their inefficiency

Untrue. Ireland were all over France. the French team's goal was illegal. It is the only reason you are going to the world cup now. Your campaign is tainted and your reputation damaged.

Perhaps you french should blame your team's inefficieny in actually being able to score a LEGAL goal against us.

Your team do not deserve to be there. Thankfully, the VAST majority of your country actually realise this, but I guess there will always be the few who try to hide behind the "it doesnt matter if you arent caught" mentality. Unfortunately, it is that minority upon which the french are so often judged.

Thankfully, after this game, the world realises that the French people are far more fair and Just than the world gives them credit for.

You are going to the World cup. Be happy, but dont dare actually think you deserve it or that we have anything to feel bad about.

[Edited 2009-11-21 08:33:29]

EZEIZA

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:21 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 226):
Be happy, but dont dare actually think you deserve it or that we have anything to feel bad about.

At the end of the day though, the teams that qualified deserved to qualify. The quali's should not be looked upon by the last 15 mintues of the last game. There are many "if's" involved throughout the qualis. For example, if Ireland would have beaten Italy they would not have had to play France. That said, it's undoubtably ugly to have such a obvious hand ball be the final decider of 2 years of hard work, and all criticism is understandable and correct. But it's football, and stuff like this has happened throughout WC history countless times.

Aither

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Untrue. Ireland were all over France. the French team's goal was illegal. It is the only reason you are going to the world cup now. Your campaign is tainted and your reputation damaged.

So should the team be qualified on how they dominate rather than how many goals they score ?

One mistake from one player should not make a team reputation and even les a country reputation. Especially as the players and french people did not celebrate the win (except a few idiots, there are always some including the french coach who is hated here).
Never trust the obvious

shamrock604

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Quoting Aither (Reply 228):
So should the team be qualified on how they dominate rather than how many goals they score ?

The goal was illegally scored. Based on legal goals scored, Ireland and France were level up to that point. Just because you were not caught doesnt make the goal any more legal under the rules.

The whole process was skewed to ensure France went through. Please do not try and pretend otherwise.

Face facts. Its a scam. The rest of the French nation, Thierry himself, and FFF has faced up to it. Perhaps you should consider doing the same?

Enjoy your world cup, but know you got far more than Thierry's "helping hand" to get there.

GrahamHill

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:06 pm

Untrue

Yes, true. You had plenty of occasions to kill the game, and you did not. You lacked efficiency and it cost you dearly. Dominating is not winning.

Your team do not deserve to be there

Do you deserve to play the playoffs after winning against Georgia? If you had lost the match, probably history would have been different.

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 229):
The whole process was skewed to ensure France went through. Please do not try and pretend otherwise.

These are serious accusations. Can you prove it with documents or testimonies from FIFA members?

[Edited 2009-11-21 11:10:50]

OA260

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 229):
Enjoy your world cup, but know you got far more than Thierry's "helping hand" to get there.

Thats the final statement really. Every game the French team play in the World Cup they play with a cloud over them. They got there by cheating. Plain and simple. But as you say big money is involved so shaft the Irish. I wonder what would happen if tables had have been turned.  Wink

shamrock604

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 230):
These are serious accusations. Can you prove it with documents or testimonies from FIFA members?

I dont need to prove it. Im just a poster on a.net. But the rest of the world knows it. According to your own newspapers, the rest of France knows it too.

It is plainly obvious. The rules of the game were changed mid way through the qualifiers in an unprecedented fashion. Uniquely, Ireland had to play its last game AWAY from home.

Too many things going against us there, wouldnt you agree?

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 230):
You lacked efficiency and it cost you dearly.

Quite obviously so did France. You couldnt manage to score a LEGAL goal in the match. We, on the other hand, were quite able.

You are fighting a losing battle here gentlemen. The weight of world opinion, and even of French opinion is against you.

Unfortunatly it seems that on a.net, we have the 12% of French people who dont realise this.

Your countrymen do not agree with you, and I will forever love the French for being so fair on this point. Your country and people have risen to new heights in my estimation.

Enjoy your world cup.

GrahamHill

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 232):
Too many things going against us there, wouldnt you agree?

On this, I agree. Not on the fact that you think that FIFA let Henry play a handball so they can get rid of the "small" Ireland.

Quite obviously so did France. You couldnt manage to score a LEGAL goal in the match. We, on the other hand, were quite able.

You are fighting a losing battle here gentlemen. The weight of world opinion, and even of French opinion is against you.

Unfortunatly it seems that on a.net, we have the 12% of French people who dont realise this.

Your countrymen do not agree with you, and I will forever love the French for being so fair on this point. Your country and people have risen to new heights in my estimation.

As a matter of fact, this story is getting on the nerves of the French at his very moment. The fact that there was a march today in Dublin to the French embassy is considered as "grotesque" by the French. If you don't believe me, you can have a look at the comments here: http://www.lequipe.fr/comms/2009/11/...ns-a-l-ambassade-de-france_0.html. We have moved on, but you don't want to drop it. So please don't play with our patience, or the opinion will turn back.

That being said, I will - again - say how sorry I am for this victory, and wish you good luck in the future. Since I cannot continue fighting forever, this message is my last concerning this match.

Enjoy the World Cup as much as you can  wave 

shamrock604

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Quoting GrahamHill (Reply 233):
Not on the fact that you think that FIFA let Henry play a handball so they can get rid of the "small" Ireland.

No, I didnt say that. The ref missed it, and its that simple. But I do think FIFA clealry want the big countries involved.

The fact that there was a march today in Dublin to the French embassy is considered as "grotesque" by the French

Quelle surprise! But funny coming from a country that just loves to protest, wouldnt you agree?

We have moved on, but you don't want to drop it.

Of course you have moved on. It is in your interests to move on, because that way, you get to the world cup.

So please don't play with our patience, or the opinion will turn back.

Do you honestly think we care??

Enjoy the World Cup as much as you can

Difficult, seeing as its a fix!!!!!  Wink

OA260

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:21 pm

The fact that there was a march today in Dublin to the French embassy is considered as "grotesque" by the French. If you don't believe me, you can have a look at the comments here:

Marching in a peaceful protest is better than this ::

French riots after Algeria-Egypt match

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20091119...ter-algeria-egypt-mat-4bdc673.html

Aither

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 pm

This story about the Algerian riots is totally irrelevant this is just French bashing and all this thing is really starting to make Ireland ridiculous.

And for information, Platini is president of the UEFA, not FIFA, it's quite a difference.

End of discussion for me too, it's so childish in the end.
Never trust the obvious

shamrock604

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Quoting Aither (Reply 236):
This story about the Algerian riots is totally irrelevant this is just French bashing and all this thing is really starting to make Ireland ridiculous.

No, its making France look ridiculous. You've been prepared to admit your fault in the matter, but not do the one thing that will make it right: REPLAY!

How is that French Bashing????? Just because you have lost the arguement, dont resort to accusations of racism. How dare you! I have done my absolute best to compliment the french people throughout!

LTU932

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:26 pm

Quoting Aither (Reply 236):
And for information, Platini is president of the UEFA, not FIFA, it's quite a difference.

Nevertheless, Platini has a history of having been Blatter's protegé for quite some time before he became president of UEFA. And as UEFA boss, he should have lots of influence on decisions made by the FIFA executive committee. Hell, many people even rumoured that Platini would go to UEFA to serve the interrests of Blatter more than the interrests of UEFA. I do credit Platini for one thing: at least he does have some common sense in certain things (e.g. the goal line referees in the UEL), Blatter does not (or else the Septic Blatter would have long introduced them for this World Cup or at least for the qualifiers).
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

shamrock604

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:10 pm

An interesting twist, if its true of course....

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...menech-blocked-replay-1950705.html

I think the anger has passed in Ireland at this stage. At the very least, we showed that despite being a small country, we have a very loud voice, and perhaps we will be treated more fairly in future.

And hopefully, we'll have video reffing before long too....  Wink

eicvd

Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:33 pm

After last week & this weekends EPL results, id rather forget about football all together to be honest (maybe im just being a bitter Arsenal fan here  silly  )
COYBIB

shamrock604

Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Quoting EICVD (Reply 240):
After last week & this weekends EPL results, id rather forget about football all together to be honest (maybe im just being a bitter Arsenal fan here )

Yeah.. kinda had enough myself too..... hey ho.. back to aeroplanes.... Wink

LTU932

Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 239):
An interesting twist, if its true of course....

If true, then I wonder what those in France who were for the replay think of Domenech now. For me, Domenech is an asshole and an incompetent manager, and I ask myself why the FFF still puts up with him, especially after miserably failing at Euro 2008. For what he's done at the Euro, other federations (e.g. the FA, the DFB, the RFEF, etc.) would have long sacked him as manager.

In the end, the only reason, apart from what happened last Wednesday in St-Denis, that France has come this far is because of the individual capabilities of each player, not because Domenech is a good manager.

[Edited 2009-11-22 12:27:04]

OA260

Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 241):
hey ho.. back to aeroplanes..

And theres good news !! John and Edward are gone .....

eicvd

Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 243):
And theres good news !! John and Edward are gone .....

Nooooooooooo  cry  I didnt think this weekend could possibly get any worse  Wink

Quoting Shamrock604 (Reply 241):
Yeah.. kinda had enough myself too..... hey ho.. back to aeroplanes....

Ah yes, countless numbers of shamrock's & harp's flying overhead. Exciting is not the word  Wink
COYBIB