Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sarah Keeps Diving Deeper In The Deep End

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Now QUITTER Palin is trying to get cozy with the "Birther" lunatics out there, some of which roam this website as well. Of course, like the true nut she is, she won't come out and say exactly what she thinks. She hides behind others beliefs.

http://www.sphere.com/2009/12/04/the...arah-palin-flirts-with-birthers%2F

And some of you REALLY want her in the Oval Office? Another term of paranoia in the White House? Uh, OK.

She's becoming more extreme by the week.
Work Right, Fly Hard

N104UA

RE: Sarah Keeps Diving Deeper In The Deep End

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Thread starter):
And some of you REALLY want her in the Oval Office?

If that happens on 19 Jan 2013 I will move to Germany and the next day ask for asylum because I have a fear of my goverment, and if she is President say good bye to all of the progressive progress we have made over the last few years, but we might not be here cause once she gets those nuke launch codes who knows what will happen

Now QUITTER Palin is trying to get cozy with the "Birther" lunatics out there, some of which roam this website as well. Of course, like the true nut she is, she won't come out and say exactly what she thinks. She hides behind others beliefs.

Yes I just love that about 1/2 Term Gov Palin, that she just wont say what she believes and that she writes a book bashing everyone who got on her wrong side ya like she will be president
"Learn the rules, so you know how to break them properly." -H.H. The Dalai Lama

mham001

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Whats more amusing is the paranoia of the left about Sarah.

NIKV69

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:26 pm

And some of you REALLY want her in the Oval Office? Another term of paranoia in the White House? Uh, OK.

As opposed to how we are going down the crapper now? Even though she isn't my first choice she would be a huge improvement over the empty suit the world is laughing at now.

Quoting N104UA (Reply 1):
If that happens on 19 Jan 2013 I will move to Germany and the next day ask for asylum because I have a fear of my goverment, and if she is President say good bye to all of the progressive progress we have made over the last few years, but we might not be here cause once she gets those nuke launch codes who knows what will happen

Bon voyage. I hope you like wiener schitznel. We will be here.

She's becoming more extreme by the week.

No she isn't. She merely agreed with the birthers right to do what they are doing. She didn't say she agreed with them. Your fear of a strong woman who could do a better job than the sorry excuse you elected is so telling and it's going to be fun watching your behavior beginning this November when you lose control of congress. Got my popcorn.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

CaliAtenza

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:30 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 3):

As opposed to how we are going down the crapper now? Even though she isn't my first choice she would be a huge improvement over the empty suit the world is laughing at now.

jesus the delusion is strong with this post.

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Quoting Mham001 (Reply 2):

Paranoia?  rotfl  Hardly. Amusement is more like it. Absolute, incredible amusement at her, and at those of you who actually THINK she's worth more than a hill of beans as a politicians. She has no clue as to what is going on in the world, and all she does is dabble in a conservative brand of mindless populism, which has no core meanings.

Paranoia? I think you're actually talking about Sarah, not those on the left.

As opposed to how we are going down the crapper now?

Your opinion. The crapper was already flushing when our current President took office, or did you forget that point? Or did you even REALIZE that point, NIK? This president is trying to clean up the messes of your hero Mr. Bush and the conservatives who left Washington a shambles for whoever took over. But I guess it's convenient to forget that.

And besides, what does that have to do with Palin? Changing the subject to avoid talking about her insanity? Nice try. Failed.

No she isn't. She merely agreed with the birthers right to do what they are doing.

Bullshit. She's trying to be a shit-stirer, and you know it. No one has ever said they don't have the right to believe their own extreme fantasies, have they? You know better than that. But you'll pretend that you don't, because you've never critisized a conservative on here, as it's beyond your capacity.

Sarah's a nut, and has no business in national politics. If this is the best the GOP can do, you're in big trouble, friend.
Work Right, Fly Hard

DocLightning

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 pm

See, I'm not paranoid. There's no way she can possibly get elected. Can't happen. She's a clown.

No she isn't. She merely agreed with the birthers right to do what they are doing. She didn't say she agreed with them.

To say that they were doing their thing "rightfully" is different than saying "they have the right to."

I agree that they have the right to. I disagree that they are "rightful."
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

N104UA

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Oh I love it, but I know that is not the reason I will move to Germany because Pail WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT

The world laughing at us???? Why is it that after Obama was elected the polls showing how the world views the U.S. improved significantly because they don't like Obama, am I reading the right????

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 5):
This president is trying to clean up the messes of your hero Mr. Bush and the conservatives who left Washington a shambles for whoever took over. But I guess it's convenient to forget that.

Exactly

And besides, what does that have to do with Palin? Changing the subject to avoid talking about her insanity? Nice try. Failed.

That is what the right does, they try to turn any political conversation into an anti Obama speech and they can not come up with real reasons why their argument works
"Learn the rules, so you know how to break them properly." -H.H. The Dalai Lama

NIKV69

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:44 pm

She has no clue as to what is going on in the world, and all she does is dabble in a conservative brand of mindless populism, which has no core meanings.

Hmm kind of like Obama right before you nominated him huh? He hasn't learned much since either. Your fear and loathing of this woman and the people that follow her again is telling.

The crapper was already flushing when our current President took office, or did you forget that point

No buddy, that excuse doesn't work anymore. This is his deal and he is screwing it up badly.

Bullshit. She's trying to be a shit-stirer, and you know it. No one has ever said they don't have the right to believe their own extreme fantasies, have they? You know better than that. But you'll pretend that you don't, because you've never critisized a conservative on here, as it's beyond your capacity

Actually I have, in fact I have spoke quite negatively of Levin many times but we won't talk about that since it debunks another one of your claims. Second she isn't stirring anything, she is merely being honest and not reading a tele. Something Obama never does.

Sarah's a nut, and has no business in national politics. If this is the best the GOP can do, you're in big trouble, friend.

More name calling. So typical since you now realize your grip on power is gone as we approch the mid terms and the country continues to say no to you and your policies. We are not in trouble buddy. Not even close. The fact this woman's star is rising is scaring the hell out of you because the way your president is going Minnie Mouse would beat him in a general election. Again I hope you have popcorn, I sure do.

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 6):
There's no way she can possibly get elected. Can't happen. She's a clown.

More personal attacks. Shame. I thought you would take the next two defeats with class but I see no chance of that.

IMissPiedmont

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Very true but what is sad is that the republican hacks on the radio can't find a better champion.
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

flybaurlax

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:12 pm

the empty suit the world is laughing at now.

Who's laughing? I'm not, and I'm a member of the world.
Boilerup! Go Purdue!

D L X

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Jesus. Not ONE post on here about Sarah Palin and birthers. Not one!

My post is the only one that is remotely on topic. NIKV, N104, Mhamm, why can't you discuss the topic? Falcon, why can't you stay on your own topic?

flybaurlax

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 11):
Jesus. Not ONE post on here about Sarah Palin and birthers. Not one!

Because it's hard to take Sarah Palin seriously, and there are better things to talk about than her.
Boilerup! Go Purdue!

NIKV69

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:28 pm

My post is the only one that is remotely on topic. NIKV, N104, Mhamm, why can't you discuss the topic? Falcon, why can't you stay on your own topic?

The thread was not created about her and the birthers. It was created to spin the facts and to try to discredit her. The OP wrote Palin is trying to get cozy with birthers which is neither true or has any sources provided. All these threads about her are out of fear and loathing and nothing else. You continue to say she can't possibly be president yet she has more executive experience and lately is more popular so keep em coming guys. The next two elections are going to be so good. I can't wait.

AGM100

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:06 pm

progressive progress we have made over the last few years

Nice , ya it is getting better everyday ! Program after program sinking us into debt ....that's progress I guess. And exactly how has the current president extended the " progressive progress" ....

She is not going to run for president so relax ... she is just stirring the pot up a bit.... you need not worry . Then again Germany is nice in November ... will all the progressives go with you ?
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 8):
No buddy, that excuse doesn't work anymore.

Excuse? No, try 'fact". The fact is, the economy went south under a Republican; the wars went south under a Republican; our credibility and our good name went south under a Republican. Those are facts, not excuses. 8 Years of fact, against 9 months in office for this Prsident?

He's doing what most conservatives want-and what I believe is right-in Afghanistan. He's trying to bring some sanity back to our economic situation; he's restored much of our good name around the world, simply by treating other nations as partners, not as our vassels. All in all, I believe, he's done a pretty good job with everything on his place. Far from perfect, no doubt, but I think for the most part, he's on the right track.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 13):
The thread was not created about her and the birthers.

Actually, it was. I did comment about it. i said that she's just trying to stir up the crap. I do think she does sympathize with the cause of these Birthers, or else she wouldn't have brought up the subject. It was her way to try and ease herself into that debate, useless as it is. She clearly has no policy initiatives of her own on any meaningful way, so she stoops to the Birther movement.

What is your view on the Birthers, NIK, and Sarah's flirtation with their cause?
Work Right, Fly Hard

dxing

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Hmmm....I think you said it best in another thread Falcon:

Death Threats Against Obama Vs Bush, Clinton

reply 22

Falcon84

And this is a story, how Charles? What is the point of it?
Slow news day, I guess.

Change the Charles to Falcon.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Dreadnought

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 15):
Actually, it was. I did comment about it. i said that she's just trying to stir up the crap. I do think she does sympathize with the cause of these Birthers, or else she wouldn't have brought up the subject.

First of all, she was asked about the birth certificate issue - she didn't bring it up. Secondly she was making the point that if her maternal relation to her son was an issue (remember those rumours?), why shouldn't it be a valid issue? She also pointed out that even more important issues were not properly pursued by the McCain camp, like Obama's associations - something that we see now we should have paid more attention to.

I think that when it comes to selecting a president, there really isn't anything that isn't a valid issue, especially one concerning a constitutional requirement.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

mham001

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:04 am

Quoting N104UA (Reply 7):
The world laughing at us???? Why is it that after Obama was elected the polls showing how the world views the U.S. improved significantly because they don't like Obama, am I reading the right????

Actually, they have come down significantly around the world.

See, I'm not paranoid. There's no way she can possibly get elected. Can't happen. She's a clown.

I'm not going to argue that, the point is, the lefties seem to pay an inordinate amount of attention to her. Consider this thread.

My post is the only one that is remotely on topic. NIKV, N104, Mhamm, why can't you discuss the topic?

I don't really care about your topic, that's why.

NIKV69

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:13 am

What is your view on the Birthers, NIK, and Sarah's flirtation with their cause?

First of all she is not flirting with their cause. Me, I believe he is a citizen though for the life of me can't figure out why he doesn't release his birth certificate and render the birthers moot.

He's trying to bring some sanity back to our economic situation;

How? By trying to create health bill that will further kill us and by not getting money into the people's or small businesses hands? Face it, his approach and his pick for treasury secretary were a flop and continue to hurt the economy where as if he got forceful with the banks and got money into small businesses hands we would have much lower unemployment.

All in all, I believe, he's done a pretty good job with everything on his place. Far from perfect, no doubt, but I think for the most part, he's on the right track.

That is some track we're on. He has shown weakness by trying to be an apologist and now we have Iran doing whatever they want and the Taliban knowing they can lay low for a year and wait for us to cut and run. Real good track.

Mir

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 17):
First of all, she was asked about the birth certificate issue - she didn't bring it up.

She could have just not answered the question.

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 17):
She also pointed out that even more important issues were not properly pursued by the McCain camp, like Obama's associations - something that we see now we should have paid more attention to.

I seem to recall Obama's associations being paid attention to plenty.

Anyway, I don't see this as a big deal at all - in terms of the things she's said in the past, this is pretty tame. I will say, however, that it's very disappointing that she's adopted the Glenn Beck style of "I'm not saying, I'm just saying" accusation. That sort of conspiracy theory logic doesn't do democracy in this country any good, no matter who's using it.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:00 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 20):
She could have just not answered the question.

And you would have found some way to critisize her for that, I am sure.

Quoting Mir (Reply 20):
I seem to recall Obama's associations being paid attention to plenty.

I especially remember a lot of the media saying, "Oh this is a non-issue, it is unreasonable to assume that his friends have any influence..." blah blah blah. Guess the joke's on them (and us).

steeler83

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:12 am

No buddy, that excuse doesn't work anymore.

I don't even think it worked a few years ago either when the crap started to hit the fan!  Wink

I've already made that argument over and over again, especially on the one democratic thread a while back, and I won't repeat it again. I'll just continue to stand by it...

Sure, our economy may be making a comback, but I think we will have lost more instead of gained anything. Don't get me started on this healthcare fiasco...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

StarAC17

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:31 am

Relax, she will not get the nomination if she thinks that moderate republicans like Romney and dare I say it Guilani are pussies and aren't far enough to the right. Neither party can win with the support of just their base and she is just playing to that. However if she does get the nomination then she stands a good shot of winning.

Being part of "the rest of the world." Obama is not what I am laughing at.

I take great amusement (and some sadness) at teabagger types who think that the Obama is planning to tear up the US constitution and somehow manage to create a one world government, and also that health care reform is a plot to kill old people. Also because of the fact that I live in Canada and see what we have with a conservative government in power Obama would probably look like a right wing extremist up here and I would say in many ways he is to the right od Stephen Harper.

I agree that he is somewhat an empty suit because as I see it he is not being anywhere near as aggressive with congress as Bush was and it makes him look like and indecisive person. This is actually is good if you want to make sure things are done right because it gives you the option to change your opinions, but the average person sees this as weak.

She can and thats why the left is on the offensive, as the GOP time and time again is able to be the populists in an election and she will use the media as the enemy when they try to point out they she knows nothing.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

Mir

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:29 am

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 21):
And you would have found some way to critisize her for that, I am sure.

No, if she had said "I think there are more pressing issues to discuss than that," or something to that effect, I would have been fine with it.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

Ken777

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:34 am

The right being paranoid about Sarah. That's a lot more amusing.

Let's talk about empty suits. McCain graduating around the bottom of his class and Sarah going to half the universities west of the Rockies in order to graduate.

And Bush pulling "Gentlemen's Cs" in grad school. LMFAO!

And we have Bush/Cheney leaving the country in the Great Recession. That was the crapper. And, no, the world isn't laughing at the mess Bush & Cheney left the country in

Your fear of a strong woman who could do a better job than the sorry excuse you elected is so telling

Are you talking about Hilary going after Bush's old Job? Compare Hilary's academic achievements with Sarah's. Those two gals aren't comparable. Hilary can be Secretary of State and Sarah can't write a book without a ghost writer.

Dreadnought

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:37 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 24):
No, if she had said "I think there are more pressing issues to discuss than that," or something to that effect, I would have been fine with it.

Somehow I doubt that.

How dare she say if the electorate want him to produce a birth certificate then he should. What does she think he is? A politician answerable to the American people?

Hell, he won’t even produce his college and law school transcripts.

Aren't you just a LITTLE bit curious why he doesn't want to release that info? Apply for just about any white collar job, and you have to include them in your resume, right? Typically that requirement is waived if you have had a substantial career since then and can show some accomplishments. But what were Obama's accomplishments?

- running for office
- 2 autobiographies that some dispute that he wrote
- a Harvard law degree and being (one of many) editors of the Law Review – with no published papers
- being a junior law partner for about a year with no paper trail
- chairmanship of the Annenberg Challenge when he was 33. His job was to give money away. That “charity” was a total failure. He also served on the board of a similar Woods Association. Both roles were given him by Bill Ayers.
- he was an ACORN trainer and community agitator/organizer
- he lectured part-time about how the Constitution punishes black people at Chicago Law school

So, to summarize, he was a lawyer who never tried a case or published any papers. He was a scholar who never published any scholarship. He was a charity distributer who never made an impact. He was an agitator who was so good at it he became a trainer.

He magically got into schools, magically supported himself, and when he ran for office, his opponents were magically kneecapped.

Those are the “achievements to his name”.

[Edited 2009-12-05 21:42:17]

WrenchBender

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:02 am

laughing at now

What is really laughable is the constant "We say/Thay say" Bu!!$h!t, being spouted on this thread and those like it.
Give it a rest already, the Dems don't like Palin, the Reps don't like Obama. The rest of us in the world don't care. If you can't start a thread and have a debate/discussion without resorting to name calling, don't bother posting. Thanks in advance.

WrenchBender
Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......

futurepilot16

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:07 am

If that happens on 19 Jan 2013 I will move to Germany

You'll be that close? I'd consider China, or Japan.

rotfl   rotfl . A huge improvement? Dude at least Obama has something we call Ummmm  scratchchin   scratchchin  oh yea, INTELLIGENCE, unlike Palin who didn't even know what the role of the VP is, AND THAT WAS THE POSITION SHE WAS GOING FOR. There are so many negatives about this woman that she could make George Bush look smart.

We've all seen her ridiculous interviews and I swear that i've NEVER seen somebody spin questions as much as her.
If they asked her what she thought the weather would be like tomorrow, she would answer " I like Apple Pie,and that's important for America". It's so sad that's it's not even laughable anymore.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

baroque

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:33 am

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 4):

You are right CaliAtenza, he really ought to get about more, or at least read the pages available on the web. Amazing amount of OT stuff. One can only assume that the Palin supporters don't have an accurate view of how badly the US was viewed overseas in the GWB days otherwise how would they view BO as a bad ad for the US. Not sure the rest of the world could cope with an SP POTUS, probably kill ourselves laughing until we realised some of the consequences.

OA412

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:07 am

Your fear of a strong woman who could do a better job than the sorry excuse you elected

It's funny that when it comes to Sarah Palin, conservatives are so quick to mention the fact that she's a "strong woman". Mention Hillary Clinton and conservatives are the first to call her out as a pushy, aggressive bitch. Sarah Palin is such a strong woman that she couldn't hack it as governor of Alaska and quit after 3 years on the job. Yeah what a strong woman...

I can't even begin to believe that anyone would ever even suggest that Sarah Palin would be a huge improvement over Obama. Are you really so far removed from an understanding of world popular opinion that you are completely unaware of the abject scorn felt by the vast majority of the worlds population during the Bush/Cheney years? We are just beginning to regain the respect lost over those years and you seriously suggest that Sarah Palin would be an improvement over Obama?

The sound that you would hear on election night would be the collective laughter of a world floored by the fact that the US was idiotic enough to elect someone as extremist, incompetent, and ill prepared for the responsibility of undertaking the highest office in the land as Sarah Palin.

No buddy, that excuse doesn't work anymore. This is his deal and he is screwing it up badly.

So he was supposed to fix what took 8 years to unravel in just 10 months? Nice try...

[Edited 2009-12-06 00:11:59]
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

kaitak

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:41 am

Quoting Baroque (Reply 29):
Not sure the rest of the world could cope with an SP POTUS, probably kill ourselves laughing until we realised some of the consequences.

I think it would be more a question of shock: replacing someone genuinely competent with another cypher for the neocon movement. I'll ask a question I asked on another thread: where do you think SP will amass all the knowledge she needs of world affairs during the next 2-3 years? It'll most likely be Republican right-wingers - the Boltons and Cheneys of this world. And don't think for a moment that they don't see her coming and are rubbing their hands: another puppet they can use as a front, while they push their world view as US foreign policy - with all that entails.

Honestly, the prospect of SP being President is simply frightening.

RussianJet

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:59 pm

Oh man, you guys, seriously........ rotfl 

We should put you all in a big room with rubber truncheons and let you get it out of your systems. This right-left nonsense is reaching a true peak of silliness. The bashing of personalities and ideologies in stark ignorance of facts is just breathtaking, not to mention more than a little sad. Give over already. Discuss the topic. We know how a right vs. left slanging match goes, and we know that because in the last months we've seen about a thousand of them here. Get over it already, and COMMENT ON THE ARTICLE.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

kc135topboom

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:24 pm

And some of you REALLY want her in the Oval Office?

If that happens on 19 Jan 2013 I will move to Germany and the next day ask for asylum because I have a fear of my goverment,

Need help packing?

if she is President say good bye to all of the progressive progress we have made over the last few years, but we might not be here cause once she gets those nuke launch codes who knows what will happen

Didn't they say that about President Reagan, too? BTW, what progress have we made in the last few years (under a Democrat Congress)? Unemployment went from 4.3% in 2006 to over 10% today. The Dems forced banks to give mortgages to those who could not afford them, beginning the worst economy since FDR was in office (he didn't fix it either until WWII bailed him out). We have become the laughing stock of the world. Yeap, we sure have made some progress, haven't we?

Quoting CaliAtenza (Reply 4):

I think the "delusion" began when Barry was sworn into office.

Paranoia?

Yeap, you are still afraid of her. BTW, do you have your copy, yet, of her #1 Best Selling Book, Going Rogue?

No she isn't. She merely agreed with the birthers right to do what they are doing.

Bullshit.

She's trying to be a shit-stirer, and you know it.

No, I don't think she is. It seems Barry, Nancy, and Harry all have the shit-stirrer" position all locked up.

So, Bill (Hillary) and Jimmy were not clowns that got elected as POTUS?

Quoting N104UA (Reply 7):

Oh I love it, but I know that is not the reason I will move to Germany because Pail WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT

Who?

Quoting FlybaurLAX (Reply 10):
the empty suit the world is laughing at now.

Who's laughing? I'm not, and I'm a member of the world.

Maybe you are crying then? You should. BHO is "bowing" all around the world to leaders in Saudia Arabia, Japan, and China. Are Venezulia and Iran next? When will he bow to the French, the leaders of Europe?

Wait until he sells us down the river to Europe and their French leadership in Copenhagen.

ltbewr

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:28 pm

The rise of Sarah Palin reflects to me much deeper issues about politics in America today.

SP can attract money from a certain segment of society for the Republican Party. The need for ever increasing amounts of money to run for elective office from small town mayors to Presidents, due to the financial benefits to their supporters has caused distortions in our standards.

Personality had become more important that substance. An attractive appearance, a nice family, seeming you are 'honest' even if a well structured facade is more important that financial motivations or desire to be in power or control to be in office.

Many also see Sarah Palin as not the 'professional politican' isolated from the average American. She has a family, has a modest middle-class background, didn't go to a 'liberal' big money college, shops at Walmart, has simple and populist attitudes to complex issues all of which many can relate too - 'she is just like us'.

The lack of privacy for politicans and their families today means many who would be good political leaders won't do so as may have some issues and fear disclosure of things like adultery, their business interests, political and business interests and beliefs of family or friends, health problems, may have made some insenstitve remark as to women or race that is dug up and so on. That means you get people who have those kind of issues well explained or buried, or are so clean they are incompenant in office.

While some of the points noted above could be fair criticism of even Pres. Obama, there is a great difference between him an Ms. Palin. Like a majority of American voters, I believe that Ms. Palin is unsuitable for higher public office for a variety of reasons well noted by others.

baroque

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:33 pm

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 33):
We have become the laughing stock of the world.

I see. Would never have guessed that.

Did not know of Congress resolution forcing banks to make shonky loans. Did they also insist that Florida mortgage firms hire so many ex-crims. I suppose it could have been part of a program at rehabilitation, but they really should have monitored it more carefully.

I am surprised to find in how much detail the Dem congress was able to micromanage the economy when so few of its bills got past the last POTUS. But I guess you would know, just as you know the US is the laughing stock of the world.

kc135topboom

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:05 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 34):
SP can attract money from a certain segment of society for the Republican Party. The need for ever increasing amounts of money to run for elective office from small town mayors to Presidents, due to the financial benefits to their supporters has caused distortions in our standards.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 34):
While some of the points noted above could be fair criticism of even Pres. Obama, there is a great difference between him an Ms. Palin. Like a majority of American voters, I believe that Ms. Palin is unsuitable for higher public office for a variety of reasons well noted by others.

Sarah Palin is a professional politician, with a different and refreshing twist. She acts more like the regular population than a bought and paid for politician. She is as important in frund raising for the GOP as BHO, Pelosi, and reid are for the DNC. I agree with you that the money in today's politics has far to much influence.

Quoting Baroque (Reply 35):

I see. Would never have guessed that.

Did not know of Congress resolution forcing banks to make shonky loans. Did they also insist that Florida mortgage firms hire so many ex-crims. I suppose it could have been part of a program at rehabilitation, but they really should have monitored it more carefully.

I am surprised to find in how much detail the Dem congress was able to micromanage the economy when so few of its bills got past the last POTUS. But I guess you would know, just as you know the US is the laughing stock of the world.

Some of these things go back as far as when Clinton was POTUS, others did happen under Bush. Congress and the POTUS have forgotten they work for the American people, not the other way arouind as they are acting today. Just look at the scorn Rep. Barney Frank (D) Massachusetts has for the citizens who elected him. He is not the only one, the same could be said for most democrats and republicans alike. In the US, there is a quite but growing movement to sweep the House of Representives clean of the scum there today, as well as 1/3 of the Senate in the mid-term elections in November 2010. Many incumbents are not expected to survive their party's primary elections, that begin in February in New Hampshire, or caucus's in many other states. Americans are getting tired of the status-quo in the Congress and the White House. How much of this will actually change next is an open question right now. November is still 11 months away, that is a long time for anything to happen in American politics. But, the US politicians do not have a monopoly on any of this.

Scorpio

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Yup. From about 2000 till 2008, you were indeed the laughing stock of the world. That's changed quite a bit since the beginning of this year. Fact of the matter is that the main reason the U.S. became the world's laughing stock was a guy named George W. Bush and his Administration. You may not like that (hell, I'm sure you don't) but it IS a fact that when you elected, and then RE-elected Bush, most of the world couldn't decide between laughing at you or crying thinking you really weren't any smarter. Obama is respected FAR more than Bush ever was, ask pretty much anyone outside the U.S.

RussianJet

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 37):
Yup. From about 2000 till 2008, you were indeed the laughing stock of the world. That's changed quite a bit since the beginning of this year. Fact of the matter is that the main reason the U.S. became the world's laughing stock was a guy named George W. Bush and his Administration. You may not like that (hell, I'm sure you don't) but it IS a fact that when you elected, and then RE-elected Bush, most of the world couldn't decide between laughing at you or crying thinking you really weren't any smarter. Obama is respected FAR more than Bush ever was, ask pretty much anyone outside the U.S.

checkmark 

Yup. Sure reflects my experiences of talking to people from a wide range of countries and backgrounds.
✈ Every strike of the hammer is a blow against the enemy. ✈

seb146

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Your fear of a strong woman

No one on the left fears a "strong woman." The left is filled with "strong women." We even give credit to the "strong women" on the right. The only thing the left fears is Palin becoming president because of her wacko ideas. Not Hutchison, not Snowe, not Collins.... I don't even fear Condi being in some position of power for the right!

What I find interesting is: Palin has not been the "top draw" in the media lately. She had a big response to her book, but that died down. She has to stay visible somehow, IMO. If she knew and understood things, she would know and understand that the state of Hawaii already released Obama's birth certificate. The official one. The one that has to pass muster with the State Department in order to get a passport. I assume that he has had a passport for some time, being a Senator. Why was no objection raised then? Why was nothing said then? Could it be because HE WAS BORN IN HAWAII? What a concept!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:08 pm

NIK, you say Palin is a 'strong women". "Strong women" don't quite in the middle of their first term; "strong women" don't blame the media for all their shortcomings; "strong women" don't pick fights in the media with an 18 year old boy; "strong women" don't do any of those things

The problem is that that you've bought this "pit bull in lipstick" facade, and that's all it is-a facade. Behind it, is a very weak, very unintelligent person, as far as national and international issues go. She has no view beyond Wasilla, and that's why she's so inept on the national stage, except to a select few who, for the life of me, thinks she's something special.

She's not strong; she's weak. That is the amusement of all this, is that she's trying to pawn herself off as something she's not, and people like you have bought it.
Work Right, Fly Hard

AGM100

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:25 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 40):
She's not strong; she's weak. That is the amusement of all this, is that she's trying to pawn herself off as something she's not, and people like you have bought it.

Then don't worry about it .... why even care. If she is as weak as you say then she will go down in flames and the world will be right again. Somehow I don't think she is quite that weak ..... Washington does not know how to box her into a cast yet , that is what worries all of them..including the Rhinos. She is more of a threat to weak republicans than she is democrats so you need not worry at all.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

OA412

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 40):
"Strong women" don't quite in the middle of their first term; "strong women" don't blame the media for all their shortcomings; "strong women" don't pick fights in the media with an 18 year old boy; "strong women" don't do any of those things

Not to mention that it doesn't take strong women 4 tries before settling on a university.  Big grin
Seriously though, every conservative I know likes to parrot the line that Palin is a "strong woman". Not only is she not a strong woman, she is an embarrassment to truly strong women everywhere.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

futurepilot16

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 41):

Then don't worry about it .... why even care. If she is as weak as you say then she will go down in flames and the world will be right again. Somehow I don't think she is quite that weak ..... Washington does not know how to box her into a cast yet , that is what worries all of them..including the Rhinos. She is more of a threat to weak republicans than she is democrats so you need not worry at all.

Sarah Palin couldn't be a threat if she studied at Oxford for the next 3 years to get ready for the 2012 elections. You may not remember this, but even though she couldn't answer the hard fastball questions being thrown at her by Katie Couric, she couldn't even answer a question from a kid in elementary school. What's there to worry about a woman who didn't even know who hamas is?

Quoting KC135TopBoom (Reply 36):

Sarah Palin is a professional politician, with a different and refreshing twist.

And what kind of twist is that? Please elaborate. Furthermore, I would like to say that Professional Politicians don't fly their kids around the country on private jets and take $150,000 from their party and go shopping with it. at stores like Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue and buy louis Vuitton bags for their daughters with that money. If anything she is irresponsible
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

san747

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Sarah Palin is a professional politician, with a different and refreshing twist. She acts more like the regular population than a bought and paid for politician. She is as important in frund raising for the GOP as BHO, Pelosi, and reid are for the DNC. I agree with you that the money in today's politics has far to much influence.

Absolutely true. I wouldn't say her twist is refreshing, but it is definitely different. While most politicians manipulate their image to seem more intelligent, educated and qualified, she rests her image on the idea that she is "down home," simple, not extraordinarily knowledgeable about things outside her immediate circle.

To most politicians, that kind of thing would be quite disadvantageous, but in her case, it appeals to many Americans. And as can be shown by replies in this thread and by talking to those from other countries, her appeal is uniquely American.

And of course, I'm sure her looks have nothing to do with her appeal either.  Yeah sure

And before you accuse me of being biased, ask and I will gladly give you reasons I'm not happy with Democratic leadership. My basic stance is that I don't agree with most (big emphasis on MOST, not all) Republicans, and the Democrats don't do enough, even when they're in control.

Americans are getting tired of the status-quo in the Congress and the White House. How much of this will actually change next is an open question right now.

Hopefully, we can elect a decently competent Congress that can get things done instead of engaging in bipartisan bickering. I'm not holding my breath though.

Then don't worry about it .... why even care. If she is as weak as you say then she will go down in flames and the world will be right again.

Fair enough Big grin Now if we could get the media to stop giving her the light of day. She had her 15 minutes as the Republican VP candidate. Her time to be in the spotlight and have media attention ended 13 months ago.
Scotty doesn't know...

CaliAtenza

Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

BTW, i dont really consider being the mayor of a fly-speck town and a half term governor of a state executive expierence. BTW, why arent we all talkin about the porno "Nallin Palin"  Wink, instead...would liven things up in here lol.

jpetekyxmd80

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:11 pm

I can always count on a KC135 post to get my LOL of the day.

At least theres not much doubt about a laughing stock of this thread.  Big grin
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

DocLightning

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:21 pm

She acts more like the regular population than a bought and paid for politician.

The regular population behaves like THAT? If so, we're screwed. Especially where she spent...what, a quarter of a million dollars of RNC funds on clothes for herself and her kids?
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

CaliAtenza

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Quoting DocLightning (Reply 47):

The regular population behaves like THAT? If so, we're screwed. Especially where she spent...what, a quarter of a million dollars of RNC funds on clothes for herself and her kids?

i LOLed at that big time. Man the McCain staffers were pissed off Big grin

Falcon84
Topic Author

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:38 pm

Then don't worry about it .... why even care.

I only worry about it because the GOP might be stupid enough to nominate her for President, and after that, anything can happen. I think she's an extremist, and I think if she got anywhere near the White House and power, she'd be the biggest disaster in U.S. political history.

Quoting San747 (Reply 44):
While most politicians manipulate their image to seem more intelligent, educated and qualified, she rests her image on the idea that she is "down home," simple, not extraordinarily knowledgeable about things outside her immediate circle.

Which is all a facade! She's not simple and down-home. She's as calculating and as ruthless as all the other politicians-you've just bought the facade. And what is she "extraordinarlily knowledgeable" about? She certainly doesn't know foreign policy; she has no clue on domestic poilicy. That was proven everytime whe was given a chance to do easy, soft-ball question interviews. She flopped. She isn't knowledgable about much that would qualify her for president. What woman are you looking at, in all seriousness? I'd really like some specifics on this one.

I will put it this way when it comes to Sarah Palin; when McCain first picked her, i thought it might be a master stroke. I didn't know anything about Sarah Palin, but I could see she was very attractive and enegertic. And, at first, I thought it would really turn the tide for the GOP ticket.

And I was willing to give Governor Palin a chance. Every candidate deserves that, and should not be instantly dismissed.

Then came the Charles Gibson interview.....

It was at that point that I realized that McCain made a huge mistake, and that she was all fluff and no substance. When she couldn't give a simple, even basic answer to "what do you think of the Bush Doctrine", I knew she had no business being there. It was at that point I knew she was an empty shell. And I've seen nothing to change my mind since.

She want to blame the liberal media for everything; she can't put together an off-the-cuff, coherent remark together on any subject. But that doesn't mean she isn't dangerous-she is simply because she has made enough people believe in her phony facade that she just might gain real power, which would be a disaster for this nation.

I don't think she'll win the GOP nomination. Even most Republicans, I believe, will see past how weak she is, and deny her that opportunity. But the thought of her taking the Presidential oath is frightening.
Work Right, Fly Hard