Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Glenn Beck Compares Tiger Woods To OJ Simpson

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:30 am

So according to Glenn Beck, is Tiger Woods becoming O.J. Simpson? I wonder why he asks that question? It can't just be because he cheated on his wife multiple times. Numerous Republicans have been caught doing that (Gov. Mark Sanford). I didn't recall Beck calling him O.J. Simpson. Hmmm  scratchchin   scratchchin , I wonder why he would compare Tiger to O.J.? You guys know what i'm getting at but i'll let you figure it out. Millions of men cheat on their wives every year, does Beck compare them to O.J. Simpson? I don't know look at it for yourself.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200912080014
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

flybaurlax

RE: Glenn Beck Compares Tiger Woods To OJ Simpson

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:45 am

Well I guess the major difference is Woods didn't murder a white woman. I can't take that guy seriously.
Boilerup! Go Purdue!

Flighty

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:03 am

Why not? OJ is a famous athlete, Tiger Woods is a famous athlete. OJ had a big house, Tiger has a big house.

OJ was born in California, Tiger was born in California. OJ drove a big SUV on a famous chase, Tiger drove an SUV and hit a tree. OJ Simpson is right handed, Tiger Woods is right handed.

See? They have lots in common  Big grin This is what Glenn Beck was talking about right?

co777er

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:21 am

Your sarcasm meter must not be working.

You obviously don't get his odd humor.

Jetsgo

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:22 am

Rich, famous, athletic, black guys surrounded by negative media involving a woman. Is it that hard?
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:43 am

Quoting Flighty (Reply 2):
Why not? OJ is a famous athlete, Tiger Woods is a famous athlete. OJ had a big house, Tiger has a big house.

OJ was born in California, Tiger was born in California. OJ drove a big SUV on a famous chase, Tiger drove an SUV and hit a tree. OJ Simpson is right handed, Tiger Woods is right handed.

How about another connection? They both had white wives and that's where the problem is with Beck.

The only connection between the two guys should be
1) Both Black
2) Both Athletes.

it should end right there. Tiger Woods isn't on trial for murder. Look how many black athletes involving women are surrounded with negative media and Beck doesn't attack them. But inject the white woman scenario into the equation and bingo, you got a negative comparison. I read about this stuff in sociology. A lot of times in American pop culture, you've got this stereo type where the white woman is victim of some sort and that's the biggest issue here. COME ON, You guys had to make me spell it out for you? I know i'm going to get a lot of hate for this but that's the way I and a lot of other people see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NXAY0cjUgw

Aaron747

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:59 am

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 4):
Rich, famous, athletic, black guys surrounded by negative media involving a woman

As opposed to white famous guys (non-politicians, mind you) who get negative media involving a woman that dissipates within a few days.  Yeah sure Mel Gibson, the good Catholic philanderer extraordinaire, Jack Welch, the CEO who ditched his wife for a young aide, Harry Stonecipher , Dennis Kozlowski, the list goes on...it's a stupid comparison made for the sake of ratings because of the news it will generate. And once again, Beck hits the mark on that count  dollarsign 
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

iairallie

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:42 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Thread starter):
I wonder why he would compare Tiger to O.J.?

Yup must be racism

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that they are both high profile, big endorsement, top of their field athletes who had legal troubles related to their marital problems.
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

JBirdAV8r

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:45 am

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 7):
Yup must be racism

You left out the fact that it's typical right-wing Bible-thumping GOP racism too
I got my head checked--by a jumbo jet

Superfly

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 am

Looks like Glenn Beck is a race-baiter.
Bring back the Concorde

N104UA

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:56 am

So according to Glenn Beck, is Tiger Woods becoming O.J. Simpson? I wonder why he asks that question? It can't just be because he cheated on his wife multiple times. Numerous Republicans have been caught doing that (Gov. Mark Sanford). I didn't recall Beck calling him O.J. Simpson. Hmmm scratchchin scratchchin , I wonder why he would compare Tiger to O.J.? You guys know what i'm getting at but i'll let you figure it out. Millions of men cheat on their wives every year, does Beck compare them to O.J. Simpson? I don't know look at it for yourself.

Why does ANYBODY listen to Glen Beck, now is audience is comprised of people wearing tin foil hats in their basements and people so afraid of a Black President (aka Racists) that they will listen to someone who agrees with them
"Learn the rules, so you know how to break them properly." -H.H. The Dalai Lama

dxing

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:16 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 5):
it should end right there

Quoting Superfly (Reply 9):

If Tom Joyner is any represenative of the black community I don't think they are too enthralled with Tiger nor have they been for sometime.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...k_community_with_white_lovers.html

"On the nationally syndicated Tom Joyner radio show, Woods was the butt of jokes all week.

"Thankfully, Tiger, you didn't marry a black woman. Because if a sister caught you running around with a bunch of white hoochie-mamas," one parody suggests in song, she would have castrated him.

"The Grinch's Theme Song" didn't stop there: "The question everyone in America wants to ask you is, how many white women does one brother waaant?"

I didn't watch the video since Glen Beck is not my cup of tea but I guess it all depends on how he was comparing them. Did he compare them as murderer's? If so he was wrong to do so, if he was just comparing the kind of women that they date, then the glove fits doesn't it?
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

Aaron747

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:21 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 11):
If so he was wrong to do so, if he was just comparing the kind of women that they date, then the glove fits doesn't it?

Hilarious pun! Nicely done sir  bigthumbsup 

Still, regardless of the semantics of it, I stand by his comment being purposefully aimed at generating ratings through an inevitable media discussion.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

National757

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:39 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 9):

Would you say the same about Harry Reid, who recently compared Republican opposition to the pro-slavery politicans in Congress?

Aaron747

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:43 am

Quoting National757 (Reply 13):
Would you say the same about Harry Reid

Negative - Reid doesn't make more money by making outlandish statements he may or may not believe. He's just flat out several marbles short of a jar.

Kiwirob

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:57 am

I don't think it's got anything to do with Tiger being black, Beckham wasn't black and he was crucified in the media for cheating on Posh, same deal famous athlete cheats on wife with minger gets caught media have a field day.

I'm sure if someone like Schumacher or Federer was caught cheating on their partner the media would be loving it just as much as they are now enjoying the Tiger hunt.

National757

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:02 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 14):
Reid doesn't make more money by making outlandish statements he may or may not believe

Very true however by needlessly bringing race and gender equality into a debate on health care reform, he was trying to intimidate members of Congress.

If you're going say Beck's a race-baiter, you have to say it about Reid as well.

Aaron747

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:21 pm

Quoting National757 (Reply 16):
If you're going say Beck's a race-baiter, you have to say it about Reid as well.

Never said anything of the sort - just that Beck is a senseless and successful attention-getter in part thanks to his mindless audience and a Pavlovian media.

dxing

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 12):
Still, regardless of the semantics of it, I stand by his comment being purposefully aimed at generating ratings through an inevitable media discussion.

Well he is certainly not alone in making comments about Woods. I don't watch the night time shows either but I'd be hard pressed not to think that Kimmel, Letterman, and O'Brien haven't had a few caustic statements over the past week. Didn't SNL get some grief for a skit they did over the weekend?
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

ltbewr

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Quoting KiwiRob (Reply 15):
I don't think it's got anything to do with Tiger being black, Beckham wasn't black and he was crucified in the media for cheating on Posh, same deal famous athlete cheats on wife with minger gets caught media have a field day.

I'm sure if someone like Schumacher or Federer was caught cheating on their partner the media would be loving it just as much as they are now enjoying the Tiger hunt.

While KiwiRob makes an interesting point, Schumacher or Federer in a situation like Tiger Woods would get very little attention in the USA, although it would be huge in Europe.

Mr. Beck is using race in his comments. In the USA, there is the terrible stereotype of black men and especially if they are athletes, of being very sexual, wanting sex with white women and so on. Both men are/were married to white women and had children with them. Both OJ and Tiger are among the biggest name Blacks who are athlete celeberty who are/have been used as lead persons in commercial product advertising. OJ was probably one of the first such Black men to lead an ad campaign for a major national company, Hertz car rental and Tiger is one of the leaders too with a number of major companies.

One difference as to OJ and Tiger is that OJ did have a police record for allegations of assulting his wife before the murder. OJ most probably murdered his wife. Although Tiger's sexual cheating may be a form of abuse, it is no where near the level of that of OJ to his wife.

Glenn Beck is a total fool, I have no respect for him. I wish he and other so-called conservative yackers would face the same fate as others have, like Don Imus, for making racists comments, incuding being suspeneded, disiplined or up to being fired by their broadcasters. We need to end the hate.

Dreadnought

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:45 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 17):
Never said anything of the sort - just that Beck is a senseless and successful attention-getter in part thanks to his mindless audience and a Pavlovian media.

He has a tendency to use sarcasm, which seems to be beyond many of you, and yeah, he can be very emotive. But he is just about the only person with a large audience today that does shows like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MHons7c6Hw&feature=player_embedded

He asks good questions. He looks at the people in charge of our country and asks, where do they come from, what are their beliefs, what connects this person and that person. You don't have to believe him. I've caught a few instances where his presentation included mistakes (most of the time he will catch them too and issue a correction the next day).

You are free to say that these relations he points to are meaningless. But isn't it a good thing that he encourages people to question? His motto the past 6 months has been "Question with boldness". Is that not what an educated electorate is required to do, rather than accept what our leaders tell us at face value? Isn't that what the left themselves said in the runup to the Iraq war?
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

Aaron747

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 20):
He looks at the people in charge of our country and asks, where do they come from, what are their beliefs, what connects this person and that person.

So does Jim Marrs - doesn't make either of them worth taking seriously.

He has a tendency to use sarcasm, which seems to be beyond many of you

Sorry, this case wasn't sarcasm. Sarcasm was when he was commenting on Carrie Prejean by saying she's a model of consistency - that was actually funny.

You are free to say that these relations he points to are meaningless. But isn't it a good thing that he encourages people to question?

Sure - some of those questions are indeed my own. But people shouldn't need a ratings-chasing blabbermouth on the radio to be prompted to do so.

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:06 pm

He asks good questions. He looks at the people in charge of our country and asks, where do they come from, what are their beliefs, what connects this person and that person. You don't have to believe him. I've caught a few instances where his presentation included mistakes (most of the time he will catch them too and issue a correction the next day).

Hmmm, how come he only does those crazy chalkboard conspiracies about left wing politicians? Are they no right wing politicians deserving of his chalkboard fiascoes or is he just biased?

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 19):
In the USA, there is the terrible stereotype of black men and especially if they are athletes, of being very sexual, wanting sex with white women and so on.

When I tried to make this point earlier my post was deleted.

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 7):
It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that they are both high profile, big endorsement, top of their field athletes who had legal troubles related to their marital problems.

Stop being so Naive, there are other big high profile athletes who ALL have problems with marriages, and no-one compared them to O.J. What about Kobe Bryant, he cheated on his wife. As a matter of fact he was accused of rape. Why didn't Beck compare him to O.J.?

Dreadnought

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 22):
Hmmm, how come he only does those crazy chalkboard conspiracies about left wing politicians? Are they no right wing politicians deserving of his chalkboard fiascoes or is he just biased?

Well, for the past year, that's easy - GOP politicians are irrelevant, and have no power. They don't even have the votes to block anything in the Senate or House. The power lies all with the Democrats, so all eyes are on them.

I had never even heard of Beck until a year ago, but from what I heard, he also got up the Bush Administration's nose about spending and other things too. If you listen to Beck it's pretty obvious that he had no love for Bush. Personally I have no idea of what he did before.

I have never listened to his radio show. From snippets I have heard (which of course will usually be out of context), he seems to be very free-form, with most of the show being completely unscripted. Clearly, an unscripted show 2 hours per day will certainly produce a few sound-bite gems every week or two, such as this Tiger/OJ comparison - which makes absolutely no sense IMHO.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Quoting Dreadnought (Reply 23):

Well, for the past year, that's easy - GOP politicians are irrelevant, and have no power. They don't even have the votes to block anything in the Senate or House. The power lies all with the Democrats, so all eyes are on them.

I'd love to hear exactly what he said about Bush (Seriously)? If I find out that he hounded Bush the Bush admin as much as he did the Obama admin, my views would change. I want to see if he made the same ridiculous claims, because there is no evidence of that at this point.

How is it one year ago, not many people knew who Glenn Beck was, then after the democrats get into power, he is a big time celebrity. Looks to me like he's using his crazy theories about the left to keep and build an audience who believes every word he says to get more fame.

It would be interesting to see what he said about Bush though. I'll start digging the internet right now.

seb146

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:19 pm

But isn't it a good thing that he encourages people to question? His motto the past 6 months has been "Question with boldness". Is that not what an educated electorate is required to do, rather than accept what our leaders tell us at face value?

What I find inetersting about this statement is: there are those of us that have been questioning the right for years, but are told to, in so many words, shut up and take it. There are those of us who support the Democrats currently in power and are, again, told by the opposition to shut up. We challenge ideas and question leaders on the right but we are un-American and un-patriotic. I just find that interesting.

Back on topic: I am using a computer that has no sound card. I don't know how that happened, but, I can just imagine what Beck said about Woods. There are all kinds of jokes that can be made about Tiger that are not racist and have nothing to do with anyone else. I saw a segment on "Chelsea Lately" dedicated to slamming Tiger. None of it was about race, IIRC. The worst thing Chelsea said that I can recall is "why is he cheating with these cocktail waitresses when he has a hot Swedish wife at home? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"

I see zero connection between Tiger and OJ. I have no clue how the two can be connected except, as pointed out in an earlier post, skin color, both play golf and they are both SUV drivers. That's it. When Kobe was on trial in Colorado, there was plenty being said on the late night shows about him. But, none of it, as I recall, had anything to do with race. Jokes and general comments about things like this can be taseful.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Kiwirob

Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:34 pm

I still don' think this has anything to do with race, look at how Beckham (arguably as big a star as Tiger) was slaughtered in the tabliods and press all over the world for his cheating on Posh, people don't like cheaters especially when the cheater is someone who is highly regarded and has always had a squeaky clean image.

iairallie

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 14):
Reid doesn't make more money by making outlandish statements he may or may not believe.

Don't kid yourself. Inflammatory comments can rally your fundraising base. Mr. "YOU LIE" had donations from his base pour in after that episode.

Never said anything of the sort

You didn't but Superfly did. I think he meant a collective you not you personally.

there is the terrible stereotype of black men

the biggest name Blacks who are athlete celeberty

ne of the first such Black men

Tiger isn't black at least he does not consider himself to be.

"Tiger Woods said he wasn't actually "black" at all -- he was "Cablinasian."

http://www.salon.com/april97/tiger970430.html

Why didn't Beck compare him to O.J.?

a) We don't know that he didn't.
b) If Beck had compared Kobe to OJ as well it would be more damning of Beck as a horrible race bating bigot than him NOT comparing them. Surely a bigot would lump every black athlete who had sex with a white gal (Kobe did it too) into the same category.

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 24):
I'd love to hear exactly what he said about Bush (Seriously)?

I believe like most media hosts his past shows are archived and searchable. It shouldn't be hard. I've heard him be critical of Bush and republicans many times.

slider

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Quoting CO777ER (Reply 3):
Your sarcasm meter must not be working.

You obviously don't get his odd humor.

At least SOMEONE caught it, haha

Superfly

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 11):
If Tom Joyner is any represenative of the black community

Would you consider Glenn Back a representative of the White community?

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 27):
I think he meant a collective you not you personally.

No. I said; "Looks like Glenn Beck is a race-baiter."
You have a problem with that?
Bring back the Concorde

ER757

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 pm

I wonder why he would compare Tiger to O.J.?

The short answer: Glenn Beck is a Wingnut

With that being said, I don't think he was being serious this time around. Sounded like he was just having a little fun with the story, as most of the media is.

Doesn't change the fact that he's a Wingnut though  Smile

iairallie

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 29):

Obviously I disagree. I'm not sure I'd classify my disagreement as having "a problem with that".

What you said was crystal clear.

In the exchange between Aaron and National 757 there was some confusion. I was trying to clear it up and in the process made the same mistake National did. I should have separated the two statements and made it more clear which "he" I was referring too.

The HE I was referring to was National757 and this statement ....

Aaron seemed to think that National meant you as in him personally.....

Never said anything of the sort

I was trying to point out that I think due to the separation of the statements and the previous comments that I thought National meant...

I think he meant a collective you not you personally.

I was also trying to point out that although Aarron hadn't said it Superfly had. To try and illustrate to Aaron what National was responding to.

You didn't but Superfly did.

There was no need to get so nasty and defensive about it.

windy95

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 am

In the USA, there is the terrible stereotype of black men and especially if they are athletes, of being very sexual, wanting sex with white women and so on.

When I tried to make this point earlier my post was deleted

I have lived here for all of my 45 years and I have never heard of that sterotype. I would think that there are not to many Atheletes of any color who would not want to have sex with any woman. As a white man I believe that having sex with Asian ,hispanic or a black woman would be at the top of any young mans list.

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 24):
I'd love to hear exactly what he said about Bush (Seriously)? If I find out that he hounded Bush the Bush admin as much as he did the Obama admin, my views would change. I want to see if he made the same ridiculous claims, because there is no evidence of that at this point.

You consistantly put down conservative talkshow hosts who you do not watch or listen to. As with rush you have no clue as to what they have done or said in the past. it is your claims that are the ridiculous ones.

Tiger isn't black at least he does not consider himself to be.

"Tiger Woods said he wasn't actually "black" at all -- he was "Cablinasian."

He has consistantly considered himself multi-ethnic and not black.

jetmatt777

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:49 am

Both were national icons and heroes (so to speak) who ruined their reputation in one way or another.

O.J., although found not guilty, lost a lot of popularity and 'trust'.

Tiger Woods, although technically hasn't committed a crime, has done something to lose his trust with the world.

There is nothing racist about that.

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 am

Quoting Windy95 (Reply 32):

You consistantly put down conservative talkshow hosts who you do not watch or listen to.

Well there's a good reason for that. I'm smart, unlike a majority of their audience who sit in their basement armed with 7 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition listening to these nutjobs.

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 am

Would you consider Glenn Back a representative of the White community?

He's white isn't he? As such he is a represenative of the community. That doesn't in any way shape or form say he represents any kind of majority of the white community. You called him a race baiter. If he is then what does that make Joyner whose parody song was much more in depth than Becks comment?

jetmatt777

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:10 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 34):
I'm smart, unlike a majority of their audience who sit in their basement armed with 7 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition listening to these nutjobs.

I know plenty of people where this is the exact opposite. I think you have tin foil on your head, and that statement proves it. Please present some evidence to support your claims.

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:13 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 35):
That doesn't in any way shape or form say he represents any kind of majority of the white community.

Never said that but you seem to give innuendos as if Tom Joyner is somehow representative of the majority of the Black community.

Quoting DXing (Reply 35):
You called him a race baiter. If he is then what does that make Joyner whose parody song was much more in depth than Becks comment?

A race-baiter.
Not sure why some people get so worried in caught up about who other people date & marry.

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 31):
You didn't but Superfly did.

There was no need to get so nasty and defensive about it.

Who are you talking to? You just quoted yourself.
I can't make heads or tails of what you're saying. I am only asking because you mentioned my name several times.

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 33):
Both were national icons and heroes (so to speak) who ruined their reputation in one way or another.

OJ Simpson was waaaaaay past his prime and charged of the most serious crime one can commit, murder.
All Tiger did was sleep around and got caught. Tiger Woods is still and will continue to be relevant. This little incident will not hurt his career over the long run.
Tiger Woods biggest mistake was getting married in the first place. He could have stayed single and bang as many hot chicks as he wants and not feel guilty or answer to anyone about it.
Not sure why any of these wives of superstars are so shocked when their superstar husbands sleep around.

[Edited 2009-12-10 18:15:12]

[Edited 2009-12-10 18:15:46]
Bring back the Concorde

jetmatt777

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:21 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
Not sure why any of these wives of superstars are so shocked when their superstar husbands sleep around.

Because Tiger never walked like a superstar, he seemed like a real person, and people respected him for it. But when you can't even show loyalty to your own family, how can others trust you? I think this is the end of his career as we [he] know it.

I have a very bad feeling that he will end up swallowing a pistol over this or the results of this - he destroyed his marriage, money, and career. And I hate to say that, but I do have a bad feeling it will happen if more and more women come out and are proven true.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
Tiger Woods biggest mistake was getting married in the first place.

No, his biggest mistake was cheating and being unfaithful to his wife.

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:44 am

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 38):
Because Tiger never walked like a superstar,

Dude, he's a pro-athlete and one of the most prominent golfers. He's a superstar.

I have a very bad feeling that he will end up swallowing a pistol

Not even close. Maybe a few endorsements but that's about it. If this was 20 years after his peak then maybe. Then again, who would even care 20 years after his peak?

No, his biggest mistake was cheating and being unfaithful to his wife.

No. His mistake was not remaining a bachelor.

It's a shame that this story is getting so much attention and people are getting so emotional about it.

As the old saying goes; no matter how hot she is, some guy is sick & tired of putting up with her $h!t.
Bring back the Concorde

jetmatt777

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:55 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 39):
Dude, he's a pro-athlete and one of the most prominent golfers. He's a superstar.

Not saying he isn't a superstar, because he is. He just never paraded around as one. He seemed to be on top of things, in good control of himself, and generally doing good.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 39):
No. His mistake was not remaining a bachelor.

Well, since he did get married, it was a mistake to mess around with those girls. He's a guy, we can't resist that sort of temptation, the last thing he was thinking about when getting married is, "Man, I can't wait to get married so I can screw every piece of tail in America." Had those been his thoughts, he made a mistake by getting married. He wanted to be with his wife - that's why people marry, or at least it should be. I'm sure right now he's realizing messing around with those girls and losing his family and quite possibly his career was a bad decision.

But, I can definitely understand the reasons why he did it, he is a guy and we have trouble fighting temptation - I think 99% of straight males chase the pink panties down the hallway. The blood leaves one head and goes into the other - rational thinking is no longer in existence. Still no excuse for it, just understanding.

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:57 am

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 36):

I know plenty of people where this is the exact opposite. I think you have tin foil on your head, and that statement proves it. Please present some evidence to support your claims.

If you read my post again, I said the MAJORITY of their audience, I didn't say everyone who listens to conservative radio is like that. Furthermore, I don't want to get into an argument with you about my posts. I don't have to show you any evidence at all.

EMBQA

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:02 am

You're the only one that mentioned race... or cheating on their wives....

How about both were marketing machines that the public loved. Both made far more on sponsors and endorsements. We all know where OJ ended up by his actions... In a year where will Eldrick be....?? Maybe that is the compairson Glenn Beck was making...

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 41):
If you read my post again, I said the MAJORITY of their audience

Do you have facts to back up that statement...?? Our can we call it what it really is ... Flamebait...

[Edited 2009-12-10 19:06:48]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 am

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 40):
He just never paraded around as one. He seemed to be on top of things, in good control of himself, and generally doing good.

True but hey, nobody is perfect.

losing his family and quite possibly his career

He'll still be a father and his career is still intact. Good athletes like this don't get tossed under the bus for stuff like this. This is really minor in the grand scheme of things.
My goodness, the people down in Atlanta gave a hero's welcome to a convicted animal torturer! That said, I seriously doubt this will damage his career.

He wanted to be with his wife - that's why people marry, or at least it should be.

I still don't know why half the people get married considering the high divorce rate, but that's for another topic altogether.
Bring back the Concorde

jetmatt777

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:11 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 41):
If you read my post again, I said the MAJORITY of their audience, I didn't say everyone who listens to conservative radio is like that.

I can read. "The majority" is still a misleading figure. We are talking at the very least 3 million people (assuming majority >= 51%) all sitting in their basements shining their gun barrels, sitting on an old rocking chair, chewing tobacco, and have a piece of straw hanging out of their mouth while listening to Beck -- at the same time.

I think there are some who do, but I don't think it is a majority - I'd even go further and say it is a very small minority (single digit percents) who do.

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 42):
Do you have facts to back up that statement...?? Our can we call it what it really is ... Flamebait...

checkmark  You make a general statement about conservatives, then don't want to back any of those claims up?

Mir

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:14 am

But isn't it a good thing that he encourages people to question?

Beck does not so much encourage people to question as tell people what to believe under the guise of encouraging them to ask the questions that he tells them to ask. He is little better than the conspiracy theorists who encourage people to point to grainy videos and tenuous connections as reasons to question whether 9/11 was an inside job perpetrated by the US government.

he is just about the only person with a large audience today that does shows like this:

Almost ten minutes of playing "Six Degrees of Socialism Separation", and basing an argument against the health care bill on who was at a party and what their past was, rather than on the merits of said bill? Thank God he's the only one who does shows like that.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

WarRI1

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 am

The key difference to me is that OJ slashed and murdered two people, one the Mother of his two children. Tiger likes women, so do I. Tiger had a few, so have I, Tiger had an argument with his wife? Well so have I. Glenn Beck is a joke.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:37 am

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 44):
I can read. "The majority" is still a misleading figure. We are talking at the very least 3 million people (assuming majority >= 51%) all sitting in their basements shining their gun barrels, sitting on an old rocking chair, chewing tobacco, and have a piece of straw hanging out of their mouth while listening to Beck -- at the same time.

Whatever, I don't really care, it's a stupid thing to argue about.

jetmatt777

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 47):
Whatever, I don't really care, it's a stupid thing to argue about.

Then don't bring it up.

National757

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:35 am

You didn't but Superfly did. I think he meant a collective you not you personally.

Yes sir.. right on the money! It is unfortunate no one other than you and Aaron else understood my point.

No but I do have a problem with people who get offended when a conservative says something moronic and then look the other way when the Democratic Majority Leader in the Senate says something similar.

Again Superfly, if you're going to call out Beck as a race-baiter, would you say the same about Harry Reid?