Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Superfly

RE: Glenn Beck Compares Tiger Woods To OJ Simpson

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:47 am

Quoting National757 (Reply 49):
Yes sir.. right on the money!

How did my name get caught up in a dialogue between Aaron747, IAirAllie and you?
I simply called Glen Back a race-baiter. Simple as that.

if you're going to call out Beck as a race-baiter, would you say the same about Harry Reid?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...ot.reid.slavery.cnn?iref=allsearch
Bring back the Concorde

National757

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 50):

How did my name get caught up in a dialogue between Aaron747, IAirAllie and you?

See Post 13, which you seem to be oblivious to.

Quoting National757 (Reply 13):
Quoting Superfly (Reply 9):
Looks like Glenn Beck is a race-baiter.

Would you say the same about Harry Reid, who recently compared Republican opposition to the pro-slavery politicans in Congress?

You have yet to answer the question, which is hard to understand. A link to a CNN video doesn't account for anything. When it comes to moronic statements lately, I think Harry Reid and Glenn Beck are about one in the same, which is sad.

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:39 am

Quoting National757 (Reply 51):
You have yet to answer the question, which is hard to understand.

Honestly haven't paid much attention to Harry Reid's comments.
If you want to start a thread about it go for it.
At any rate, doesn't excuse Glen Beck's comments.
Bring back the Concorde

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:06 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 37):
Never said that but you seem to give innuendos as if Tom Joyner is somehow representative of the majority of the Black community.

I said that if Tom Joyner is any represenative of the black community. Would you say that he is? As much as Glenn Beck is for the white community? I don't see the race baiting on either side to be exact. He compared Tiger to another black man who happened to like to date white women. No different than comparing two men who like to date women with the same features whether its big behinds or being short.
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

iairallie

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:46 am

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 41):
I don't have to show you any evidence at all.

You are certainly free to do what you like but if you continue to abuse hyperbole and make outlandish claims like that without offering any support or evidence...well you loose crediblity and look like an immature kid with uninformed opinions.

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 42):
Do you have facts to back up that statement...?? Our can we call it what it really is ... Flamebait...

It sure looked like flamebait to me

Yes sir.. right on the money!

I'm glad interpreted it right and I'm actually a ma'am (although it makes me feel old)
Enough about flying lets talk about me!

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:43 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 53):
I said that if Tom Joyner is any represenative of the black community. Would you say that he is? As much as Glenn Beck is for the white community?

Sounds like an admission that your comments was a complete fragment.
Bring back the Concorde

seb146

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 am

Quoting Windy95 (Reply 32):
I have lived here for all of my 45 years and I have never heard of that sterotype.

I have actually heard that steriotype. From white men. Many times over the years. There are just as many womanizers from any ethinc back ground in every sport.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Aaron747

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 38):
No, his biggest mistake was cheating and being unfaithful to his wife.

Unfaithful according to whom? Were you there? Do you have insider information on their marriage? What if he communicated his sexual needs to her and she never met him halfway...would it still be so cut and dry? Quite a few people who spend a lot of time on the road have an understanding with their partners. This is not a black and white issue if you'll pardon the pun.

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 40):
He's a guy, we can't resist that sort of temptation, the last thing he was thinking about when getting married is, "Man, I can't wait to get married so I can screw every piece of tail in America." Had those been his thoughts, he made a mistake by getting married.

I can agree with that in principle - but I can't imagine anyone thinking that way, it sounds just comical.

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 40):
He wanted to be with his wife - that's why people marry, or at least it should be

According to you. There are all kinds of marriages with all kinds of arrangements. My wife and I are not exclusive and have no desire to be. Not everyone's sexual clocks are in sync 100% of the time and maintaining expectations around that is a completely immature and unrealistic standard.

Quoting Seb146 (Reply 56):
There are just as many womanizers from any ethinc back ground in every sport.

Got that right - you should see what the pro Japanese golfers get up to over here. Actually you really don't want to know. Not to put too fine a point on it - but generally a good idea to stay away from Japanese sports stars if you're a woman after a faithful man.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

santosdumont

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Through the lens of Beck's sophomoric powers of deduction, one could argue that OJ and TW are similar. Both are (or were) sports heroes who quite publicly flouted their shattering of that pesky taboo that the late Gene Rodenberry gamely tried to bury when Capt. Kirk kissed Lt. Uhura on the mouth.

Of course, OJ killed two people and tried to haul ass out of town. That and he wasn't exactly at the top of his game when the crimes occurred.

Amid the sludge of faux sanctimony, it's heartening to see that golfers the caliber of Jack Nicklaus have had the class to say that the TW saga is private. And as much of a buzz-kill as that is for us schlubs who secretly long to live vicariously through our favorite celebrities, NIcklaus's take just about sums things up.

The flatulent ramblings of ESPN hacks and on-shift marriage experts notwithstanding, the matter is private. It's none of our business.

As Aaron 747 said,

Quoting Aaron747 (Reply 57):
Quite a few people who spend a lot of time on the road have an understanding with their partners. This is not a black and white issue if you'll pardon the pun.

The race issue does rear its hideous head because of Tiger's tacit proclivity for White chicks.

As Fox Sports columnist Jason Whitlock notes, from there the whole thing takes on a type of missing blonde woman dynamic -- a la Natalee Holloway. And everybody is pretty much off to the races, from TMZ on down.

It's an open secret in showbiz circles that Robert DeNiro likes Black women. But for some reason that just doesn't have the "traction" of Tiger's lust for Swiss-Miss types.

As with OJ, the celebrity media is gorging itself at the trough of that tired old stereotype about the dark-skinned (sexual) athlete tapping fair-skinned women at pleasure.

It reminds me of that riff by Tyler Durden -- Edward Norton's alter ego in Fight Club. Durden (Brad Pitt) tells Norton:

"All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. "

Indeed, how many White golfers and moralists for-hire secretly pine for the ability to -- paraphrasing an old commercial -- say "I'm Tiger Woods"?
"Pursuit Of Truth No Matter Where It Lies" -- Metallica

Aaron747

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 58):
It's an open secret in showbiz circles that Robert DeNiro likes Black women

That's nothing - David Bowie spent years hosting hedonistic sex parties featuring primarily black women. Mick Jagger even wrote a song about them. But I suppose in rock and roll, anything goes so the media pays no attention?? Talk about joker's luck!

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 58):
Amid the sludge of faux sanctimony, it's heartening to see that golfers the caliber of Jack Nicklaus have had the class to say that the TW saga is private. And as much of a buzz-kill as that is for us schlubs who secretly long to live vicariously through our favorite celebrities, NIcklaus's take just about sums things up.

The flatulent ramblings of ESPN hacks and on-shift marriage experts notwithstanding, the matter is private. It's none of our business.

Masterful post, through and through.  checkmark 
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

futurepilot16
Topic Author

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Quoting IAirAllie (Reply 54):
You are certainly free to do what you like but if you continue to abuse hyperbole and make outlandish claims like that without offering any support or evidence...well you loose crediblity and look like an immature kid with uninformed opinions.

Ok then but who cares? get off the issue. I didn't bring it up, I only shared my opinion on who I think listen to conservative radio. The last time I checked, an opinion doesn't have to include evidence.
"The brave don't live forever, but the cautious don't live at all."

AGM100

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:22 pm

Well , as a kid who collected every OJ card I could get .... I had a poster of him in my room and would settle for nothing other than #32 on my first football jersy.... I know how my son now feels when he hears what a idiot Tiger is .

My son plays golf ...he has Nike gear and admires TW ... he know looks at him like a joke. Its terrible ! And Beck is right on ... he is just like OJ ! he let down his fans and it is certainly a media circus beyond beleif.

Raceism ?? I didn't even think about it until I read some of your posts on here. I knew what Beck meant immediately .

Get a life and turn him off if you don't like what he says . Or buy Cas Sunstines book ...he will tell you how we can re-wright the 1st amendment so that you will never have to hear Beck again.
You dig the hole .. I fill the hole . 100% employment !

santosdumont

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 61):
I know how my son now feels when he hears what a idiot Tiger is .

My son plays golf ...he has Nike gear and admires TW ... he know (sic) looks at him like a joke.

Tiger's off-course antics should have no bearing on a given golfer's study of TW's on-course game. Your son, or any other golfer for that matter, would still benefit from seeking to improve their game by studying TW's (golf) game and that of other masters. The self-help types call it "modeling".

Shifting the example to baseball. Arguably, Pete Rose is an asshole to some. Still, his baseball game is quite educational.

And Beck is right on ... he is just like OJ ! he let down his fans and it is certainly a media circus beyond beleif.

Leaving out the slight detail that Tiger didn't kill two people in a jealous rage and then try to high-tail it out of LA in his friend's SUV. Like I said, through Beck's hare-brained mentality the similarities between the two will of course be sharper.

Or buy Cas Sunstines (sic) book ...he will tell you how we can re-wright(sic) the 1st amendment so that you will never have to hear Beck again.

It's ultimately and inevitably the fault of the Liberals. I mean, that goes without saying, right?

Some Liberal operative must have cut-and-paste Rush Limbaugh's diarrheal riff about TW and "the Black mentality", which he described as "terrible" into the broadcast. No doubt Rush actually said: "Well, that Tiger Woods certainly is a credit to his race!"  Big grin

D L X

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 53):
He compared Tiger to another black man who happened to like to date white women. No different than comparing two men who like to date women with the same features whether its big behinds or being short.

So, if I compared a white man who dates white women to Hitler...?

These analogies are getting stretched further and further away from reality here on a.net.

Bar none, Beck was stirring up controversy, and using race as the foil. Any comparison of TW to OJ is just as stupid as comparing a white guy that dates white women to Hitler. Neither Tiger, OJ, Hitler, or that white guy who dates white women is defined by whom they date.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 39):
Dude, he's a pro-athlete and one of the most prominent golfers. He's a superstar.

Off topic, but I'd have to say, yeah, but he's also a really approachable guy. I've met him. He's just a cool dude that you'd grab a beer with.

seb146

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 60):
I only shared my opinion on who I think listen to conservative radio. The last time I checked, an opinion doesn't have to include evidence.

This exchange has piqued my interest and I have been following it before chiming in. I see your profile says you are from Connecticut and under 20 years old. I am in California but grew up in the ranch lands of eastern Oregon. There is a very strong conservative talk radio base there. I have my own opinions on how that came to be, but my point for this exchange is this: There are plenty of people all over the country that listen to conservative talk radio that are anything but the way you described. In fact, those that you described are in the very, very, very tiny minority. Being a "liberal" myself (one that disagrees with the Republicans more than 75% of the time), I and many "liberals" listen to conservative talk radio more out of curiosity; to see exactly what the right is saying. I would even venture to guess that those that.... how did you put it?

Quoting FuturePilot16 (Reply 34):
I'm smart, unlike a majority of their audience who sit in their basement armed with 7 guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition listening to these nutjobs.

I would even say that "liberals" listening to conservative radio far outnumber those who you describe. Oh, don't get me wrong. There are a few conservative wackos like that; sitting in their basements with canned food and armed to the teeth. But, not as many as you would think.

While I, personally, do not agree with conservative talk radio, there are a few hosts (darn few, IMO) who are intelligent enough to know what they are talking about and can make enough people believe what they believe so they can sell air time. In my opinion, Beck is NOT one of those. He is simply selling air time by being a wing nut.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

AGM100

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 62):
Tiger's off-course antics should have no bearing on a given golfer's study of TW's on-course game. Your son, or any other golfer for that matter, would still benefit from seeking to improve their game by studying TW's (golf) game and that of other masters. The self-help types call it "modeling".

Of course ... but when your 13 your more apt to look at them as "heroes" more than just technically sound golfers. We understand TW is the best golfer in the world , mentally tough and technically over powering.... I also liked him because he seems like a great guy. And I believe that he is ... I saw him at the Wounded Warrior charity event at congressional he defiantly cared for our wounded guys .. and he gave them a huge amount of support . I will always respect him for that , I hope he gets all cleared up and finds forgiveness from the ones he loves.

Leaving out the slight detail that Tiger didn't kill two people

??  Sad Beck did not compare his actions to be the same ...I think he was referring to the "star" level .. at least that is how I took it. The media circus is off the shelf .... being that he is a sports star like OJ ... the story is played out on every channel ESPN , CNN , E , FOX ...basically every channel.

It's ultimately and inevitably the fault of the Liberals. I mean, that goes without saying, right?

The thread starter constantly harps on Beck and the rest of the "right wing" commentators .... I did him a favor and pointed to a possible remedy for his troubled life...

santosdumont

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm

Quoting AGM100 (Reply 65):

Of course ... but when your 13 your more apt to look at them as "heroes" more than just technically sound golfers.

Certainly, 13 is a tough age in that (and pretty much any other) regard.

The media circus is off the shelf .... being that he is a sports star like OJ ... the story is played out on every channel ESPN , CNN , E , FOX ...basically every channel.

I'd say he's a step above OJ on the celebrity ladder because he is (or was) at the top of his game. The media can never resist train-wreck TV.

I hope he gets all cleared up and finds forgiveness from the ones he loves.

So do I. And I think you'll agree with me that an extremely delicate set of tasks like getting himself squared away and reconciling with his loved ones is a private matter.

AGM100

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 66):
And I think you'll agree with me that an extremely delicate set of tasks like getting himself squared away and reconciling with his loved ones is a private matter.

Nothing would make me happier than too not here another word about his life. Tiger is a very charitable giving guy , and I believe a very class act all the way around. I always enjoy watching his after round press conferences ... even the most mundane question he seems to take serious and for the most part replies with class. The guy was just running the dames ... its not a crime its private deal.

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:56 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 55):
Sounds like an admission that your comments was a complete fragment.

It reflects the overstatement that Beck is representative of the white community as a whole as you assumed I meant that Joyner was to the black community.

Quoting D L X (Reply 63):

If they both date white women then the comparison is valid. It doesn't infer that the white man has anything else in common, just that they date the same kind of women.

Neither Tiger, OJ, Hitler, or that white guy who dates white women is defined by whom they date.

But they do share that one thing in common. As I said in reply 11 if he (Beck) compared them as murderers then that would be wrong. But I don't think I ever saw OJ date or marry a black woman. He may well have done so but I'm not aware that he did. So in that one area, they are comparable.

[Edited 2009-12-11 11:13:46]

[Edited 2009-12-11 11:15:59]
Warm winds blowing, heating blue skies, a road that goes forever, I'm going to Texas!

D L X

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 68):

If they both date white women then the comparison is valid.

You know, you remind me a lot of Timothy McVeigh.

Valid?

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:05 pm

Quoting D L X (Reply 69):
You know, you remind me a lot of Timothy McVeigh.

Valid

Yes, I'm a white male who served in the army. On those two points and those two points alone I am comparable to Timothy McVeigh. You are applying a generality to a specific which is what Beck was doing. Did OJ date exclusively white women or not?

santosdumont

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 70):
Did OJ date exclusively white women or not?

Negatory. In 1967, OJ married Marguerite Whitley, who gave him three children.

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/celebrit...mpson-and-marguerite-l-whitley.htm

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:35 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 68):
It reflects the overstatement that Beck is representative of the white community as a whole as you assumed I meant that Joyner was to the black community.

You were the one who dragged race in to this discussion. That makes you look like a race-baiter James.
Bring back the Concorde

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:42 pm

Quoting Santosdumont (Reply 71):
Negatory.

Thanks for that. Didn't really know. The comparison is now invalid and Beck was wrong.

Quoting Superfly (Reply 72):
You were the one who dragged race in to this discussion. That makes you look like a race-baiter James.

Excuse me?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 9):
Looks like Glenn Beck is a race-baiter.

My first reply in this thread is number 11 in reply to your above post. Replies 4 and 5 also center on race.

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 73):
My first reply in this thread is number 11 in reply to your above post. Replies 4 and 5 also center on race.

Replies 4 & 5 were on topic because it was about Glenn Beck and Tiger Woods. You dragged Tom Joyner and the "black community" in to this thread.
You went through great lengths and made up innuendos in a failed effort to defend Glenn Beck before you realized that Beck was wrong.
Bring back the Concorde

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 74):
Replies 4 & 5 were on topic because it was about Glenn Beck and Tiger Woods.

???

Quoting JetsGo (Reply 4):
Rich, famous, athletic, black guys surrounded by negative media involving a woman. Is it that hard?

Quoting Superfly (Reply 74):
You went through great lengths and made up innuendos in a failed effort to defend Glenn Beck before you realized that Beck was wrong.

By showing where you were wrong in that he (Beck) was a race baiter as you described him versus Tom Joyner who was using race even more so than Beck? Ok Larry, if you say so.  sarcastic   faint 

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 75):
By showing where you were wrong in that he (Beck) was a race baiter as you described him versus Tom Joyner who was using race even more so than Beck?

They both did.
Bring back the Concorde

D L X

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Yes, I'm a white male who served in the army. On those two points and those two points alone I am comparable to Timothy McVeigh.

So, then you're the same, right? You're just like Timothy McVeigh? Should we be worried about you?

You are applying a generality to a specific which is what Beck was doing. Did OJ date exclusively white women or not?

Dude, come on now. You know good and well that the only reason to compare someone to someone imfamous is because you want that person to be compared to the imfamous person's IMFAMY, not their dating patterns.

Beck didn't make the comparison because they are both athletes that date white women. There are plenty of non-imfamous people he could have compared Tiger to that would have made a better fit. Just like I could compare you to plenty of white males who served in the army without picking McVeigh. The only reason someone would say you're like McVeigh would be to slander you. Do you really disagree?

And you make light about ME talking like a lawyer.

Vio

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:49 pm

Glenn Beck is an idiot! Period! Americans should be ashamed of him. What's sad, is that a lot of people actually take his crap literally. He fits right in about with the rest of the wackos at Fox News.

Watching Fox News is like watching Jerry Springer. You know it's crap, you know it's trash, you know they're lies, but hey, it's entertaining to watch, just for the pure stupidity.

I'm not political... especially here on A.net, but that man (Glenn Beck) is the most annoying character on TV, right up there with Oprah and other racists..
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

Dreadnought

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:23 pm

You say:

Quoting Vio (Reply 78):
Glenn Beck is an idiot! Period! Americans should be ashamed of him. What's sad, is that a lot of people actually take his crap literally. He fits right in about with the rest of the wackos at Fox News.

Watching Fox News is like watching Jerry Springer. You know it's crap, you know it's trash, you know they're lies, but hey, it's entertaining to watch, just for the pure stupidity.

And then you say:

Quoting Vio (Reply 78):
I'm not political...

scratchchin 
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 76):
They both did.

Which was my point from the beginning. Thanks for finally getting it.

Quoting D L X (Reply 77):
So, then you're the same, right? You're just like Timothy McVeigh? Should we be worried about you?

In that I'm a white male that served in the army, yes. Worried about me? Are you worried about every white male that served in the army? I only know of one other that you seemed to be obsessively worried about.
"Veteran" Issues Threat At Town Hall (by D L X Aug 25 2009 in Non Aviation)?threadid=2120150&searchid=2121015&s=old+man+threatens+obama+#ID2121015

"Veteran" Issues Threat At Town Hall
Posted by D L X on Tuesday August 25, 2009 at 20:52

Should we be worried about you obsessing about veterans?

Dude, come on now. You know good and well that the only reason to compare someone to someone imfamous is because you want that person to be compared to the imfamous person's IMFAMY, not their dating patterns.

Why would you have to compare Woods to anyone famous or infamous? He is famous, and now infamous, in his own right.

Beck didn't make the comparison because they are both athletes that date white women. There are plenty of non-imfamous people he could have compared Tiger to that would have made a better fit

Like?

Just like I could compare you to plenty of white males who served in the army without picking McVeigh.

Yes, and I'm just like Gen. Eisenhower in that I'm a white male veteran who likes white women. The difference is nobody really knows me unlike Tiger Woods.

The only reason someone would say you're like McVeigh would be to slander you. Do you really disagree?

They wouldn't be slandering me if they were comparing my status as a veteran and a white male. If they compared me to him saying I was a domestic terrorist then yes they would be slandering me as if they compared Woods by saying he was a murderer like OJ Simpson.

And you make light about ME talking like a lawyer.

Because you are and you do.

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 80):
Which was my point from the beginning. Thanks for finally getting it.

Even though the thread had nothing to do with Tom Joyner but you just had to drag him in to this thread.
Bring back the Concorde

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:04 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 81):
Even though the thread had nothing to do with Tom Joyner but you just had to drag him in to this thread.

So you can call Beck a race baiter with impunity? We're all just supposed to go along with it because Larry said so? The fact that others have had far more caustic statements about Woods, people of his own race for that matter, is irrevelant? If you want to call Beck a race baiter to make him look bad then you need to call Joyner one as well but it took you how many posts to acknowledge that?

Superfly

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:13 pm

Quoting DXing (Reply 82):
If you want to call Beck a race baiter to make him look bad then you need to call Joyner one as well but it took you how many posts to acknowledge that?

Does it matter?
Does it somehow make you feel any better that I called Tom Joyner (who has nothing to do with the topic) a race-baiter?
Gee-whiz!
 confused 

Yes, and I'm just like Gen. Eisenhower

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
Bring back the Concorde

dxing

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 83):
Does it matter?

Yes because you are trying to impugne Beck as a race baiter yet you sought to give Joyner a pass on the same kind of humor. It goes to show that if Beck is bad in this matter, so are many other media types to include black entertainers. It proves that the race baiting charge is kind of weak unless you want to admit that others, including at least one black person, are doing exactly the same thing.

D L X

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:14 am

Should we be worried about you obsessing about veterans?

Um, you're not the only one here that served your country. The "veteran" that was being discussed when you quoted me was doing something extremely dishonorable. You'd know that if you read the thread.

In that I'm a white male that served in the army, yes. Worried about me? Are you worried about every white male that served in the army?

No! And that's the whole damn point, DXing! It is ridiculous to compare you to McVeigh, just because you're both white and veterans. You're not infamous, and the only reason someone would compare you to him would be to suggest that you have done or are destined to do something like McVeigh did.

You can see that, right?

Why would you have to compare Woods to anyone famous or infamous? He is famous, and now infamous, in his own right.

Why are you asking me? I'm not the one that compared Woods to anyone. You should be asking Beck that.

Beck didn't make the comparison because they are both athletes that date white women. There are plenty of non-infamous people he could have compared Tiger to that would have made a better fit

Like?

Wilt Chamberlain. Kobe Bryant. People who are famous black athletes (if you are too narrow minded to compare him to white people) who were well known for their filandering. Kobe is especially apt since his diddling lost him an incredible amount of sponsorships, as Tiger seems to be so destined.

Yes, and I'm just like Gen. Eisenhower

I was going to go with Beetle Bailey.

The only reason someone would say you're like McVeigh would be to slander you. Do you really disagree?

They wouldn't be slandering me if they were comparing my status as a veteran and a white male.

You're really grasping here, which is common. Let's keep it simple just for you:

Why would they bring up McVeigh when talking about you?

There are two types of answers. One makes you look stupid, and the other makes you look humble. Pick your poison.

If they compared me to him saying I was a domestic terrorist then yes they would be slandering me as if they compared Woods by saying he was a murderer like OJ Simpson.

This is idiotic.
If no one knew jack ish about you, and someone asked "What's DXing like?" And the person said "Oh, he's just like Timothy McVeigh," what the hell do you think you would think?

Again, two types of answers.

Quoting DXing (Reply 82):
If you want to call Beck a race baiter to make him look bad then you need to call Joyner one as well but it took you how many posts to acknowledge that?

What does Joyner have to do with Beck? Why do you bring him up? Does answering your question in the affirmative somehow make Beck's comments okay? What's with all your irrelevant "points?" Why do you bring up Ollie North when talking about the Salahis? Do you have ADHD, DXing? Serious question.

Quoting DXing (Reply 84):
It goes to show that if Beck is bad in this matter, so are many other media types to include black entertainers.

And if water is wet, does that take away from the fact that ice is cold?

confused 

Superfly

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:43 am

Joyner a pass on the same kind of humor.

Never tried to give Tom Joyner a free pass.

It goes to show that if Beck is bad in this matter, so are many other media types to include black entertainers. It proves that the race baiting charge is kind of weak unless you want to admit that others, including at least one black person, are doing exactly the same thing.

When did I ever say a Black entertainer can't be a race-baiter?
Doesn't take away from the fact that Glenn Beck is a douche bag.
Bring back the Concorde

dxing

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:56 am

Quoting D L X (Reply 85):
You can see that, right?

I see you completely missing the point of Beck's comparison and trying to have it encompass much more than the specific reference he was making. OJ Simpson played professional footbal, Woods plays (played) golf. No comparison.

Why are you asking me? I'm not the one that compared Woods to anyone. You should be asking Beck that.

Beck's comparison was on a specific. Your comparison, me to McVeigh was not on any specific but on a generality. I corrected you and you don't like being corrected, that much has been demonstrated several times over.

Wilt Chamberlain. Kobe Bryant.

These are "non-infamous" people? Sorry, but both names are fairly well known in their own right.

You're really grasping here, which is common.

I'm left grasping as your argument, makes no sense since you can't grasp the basics of Beck's comparison.

Again, two types of answers.

If I say Tiger Woods to someone, do I need to use someone else famous for them to form an opinion? That's where your argument died. What Beck did, incorrectly as it turns out, was make a specific comparison.

Serious question.

You decided to join in the conversation. Now you don't like the direction it is going in. So stay out and save yourself the angst.

D L X

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:28 am

Quoting DXing (Reply 87):
I see you completely missing the point of Beck's comparison and trying to have it encompass much more than the specific reference he was making.

Glenn Beck does not make "specific references." He makes veiled references to the sinister so people like you can play babe in the woods.

OJ Simpson played professional footbal

Right. And you are you with a straight face actually going to say that Football is what he is most known for?

Beck's comparison was on a specific.

That is a lie.

Wilt Chamberlain. Kobe Bryant.

These are "non-infamous" people?

Neither has committed a crime. Neither has done something evil. Just like Tiger Woods.

I corrected you

That too is a lie.

If I say Tiger Woods to someone, do I need to use someone else famous for them to form an opinion? That's where your argument died.

Um... I never made that argument. So, whatchutalkinbout DXin'?

But way to dodge the question. The question was if no one knew jack ish about you, and someone asked "What's DXing like?" And the person said "Oh, he's just like Timothy McVeigh," what the hell do you think you would think?

Care to answer it?

You decided to join in the conversation. Now you don't like the direction it is going in. So stay out and save yourself the angst.

Nah, I like exposing the weakness of your arguments.

dxing

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 86):
Doesn't take away from the fact that Glenn Beck is a douche bag.

On that we can agree. I don't listen to him and what little I do see of him, his humor does nothing for me.

Quoting D L X (Reply 88):
Right. And you are you with a straight face actually going to say that Football is what he is most known for?

I already said long ago in this thread that if Beck were comparing Woods to Simpson as being a murderer then Beck would be wrong. But they are (were) both professional sportsmen. No denying that.

That is a lie.

I finally got around to listening to the OP's linked piece and I disagree. Not only did he mention Simpson he mentioned Kobe as well. As usual the humor wasn't funny, but it wasn't race baiting or bigoted either.

Neither has committed a crime. Neither has done something evil. Just like Tiger Woods.

Adultry is not a crime? As to Chamberlin I don't know enough about him to comment.

That too is a lie.

In your self centered opinion I'm sure it is.

Um... I never made that argument. So, whatchutalkinbout DXin'?

??? You said that if you mentioned me and somone said what's he like and then you menitoned McVeigh what would that person then think of me. My reply was, and is, why would you have to mention anyone else if you mentioned Tiger Woods, he's already well known and most people already have an opinion. Mentioning someone like Arnold Palmer wouldn't add anything.

Care to answer it?

I already did but as usual since it isn't the answer you demand to hear you dismiss it.

Nah, I like exposing the weakness of your arguments.

You like failing? Well whatever floats your boat.

AGM100

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Ok he is a racist ... can we just end the argument ... so what .. the world is full of em. But he punks Pelosi the plastic Queen this piece ... priceless.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/glenn-be...e-protests-vs-peaceful-tea-parties

The "Black Blocks" huh ? Nice bunch

Kiwirob

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Quoting WarRI1 (Reply 46):
Tiger likes women, so do I. Tiger had a few, so have I, Tiger had an argument with his wife? Well so have I.

Are you still married? I can't imagine your wife would be happy with you having a few while you're still married to her.  Wink